2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Cyrano »

If Modi is going to not stay in office in 4 may be 6 years, the next ten leaders need to step up and work together, create the same level of image and trust with pan-indian electorate. If a new high impact uber leader like Modi doesn't clearly stand out, at least a solid united team must emerge and be seen as such. Indian junta has still not weaned away enough from dynastic/star power candidates.

That said, with the ground work done in the past 6 years, Modi will have a lot more in his mind to accomplish beyond just UCC. There are still items to tick off from the last elections manifesto.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I said the above in the context of BJP trying to win future parliamentary elections.

Modi ji will (I hope) continue to be a guiding force like "Bhishma pitamaha + Krishna" rolled into one, even if he retires into some Himalayan gufa for tapass.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

chetak wrote:
Dileep wrote:
Even in the commie KL, absolutely NO response. I was on the NH544, expecting to at least a few flag bearing party cadres basking in sun. Nothing! Nada!!
TOIlet paper is showing the chakka jam in KAR as a major event.

kuch be

looks like some of the prime afghan hash escaped confiscation during the recent huge drug bust on a lankan fishing boat and part of it wound up with the TOIlet "reporters" who were then duly "energised" to do some inspired reporting :mrgreen:
Even the local vernacular papers in KAR reported chakka jam as a success in the state. Remember, KAR is perhaps the only state outside PJ & HR region where the farmers politics has always been strong going back to early 70s. Congress and JDS controls many farm unions so it isnt too hard to whip up 5000 people at district levels to block roads before free biryani and liquor. Aside from these disruptive antics by the farmers and the opposition, the general public has long lost interest in this nonsense, no one talks about it and no one cares about it. So from CAA protests and the farm bill agitations we know the trouble will begin around November of each year and has a lifespan of around 3 months. I think NRC and UCC anytime within the next 3 yrs is doubtful, and personally i feel those should be kept aside for now and tabled in the next term. Modi will likely chase the $5 trillion goal for the remaining 36 months, strengthen governance through existing laws, improve administration, invest on infra and defense and work on the quality of life for citizens.
mukkan
BRFite

Post by mukkan »

From his looks literally, he may be retiring to Himalayas after this term with a shaky bench strength. Amit Shah has shown his strengths in winning elections but not much to show in administrative or international relations front (Modi was travelling internationally and making speeches from 90s). Yogi is showing promise in administration but yet to get pan India appeal. So yearly circus from opposition will intensify in the next three years.
Cyrano wrote:I said the above in the context of BJP trying to win future parliamentary elections.

Modi ji will (I hope) continue to be a guiding force like "Bhishma pitamaha + Krishna" rolled into one, even if he retires into some Himalayan gufa for tapass.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Modi will run in 2024. He will be only 73 then. He can finish a third term and then choose not to run again...but you never know what 'popular demand' can do....

Vajapeyi was 75 by the time of Kargil war in 1999-2000. At the age of 80 he ran as NDA PM candidate for 2004.

Advani was well past 80 when he was announced as NDA PM candidate for 2009.

Anyway, after Modi the next PM candidate will likely be Amit Shah or Yogi Adityanath. Both will be thoroughly endorsed by Modi. In other words, people will be voting for Modi even after he retires. :D
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

mukkan wrote:From his looks literally, he may be retiring to Himalayas after this term with a shaky bench strength. Amit Shah has shown his strengths in winning elections but not much to show in administrative or international relations front (Modi was travelling internationally and making speeches from 90s). Yogi is showing promise in administration but yet to get pan India appeal. So yearly circus from opposition will intensify in the next three years.
Cyrano wrote:I said the above in the context of BJP trying to win future parliamentary elections.

Sorry, YA is the front runner. If 2024, vishwaguru decides to embrace sainthood and go to himalayas, it should be YA.

AS has proved to be a complete and utter failure as a HM. He is a good booth manager and good at raiding states to win BJP seats.

YA is quite popular in all states. He is quite in demand to campaign for state elections. If he manages to settle UP and get the state modernisation completed, he will be the PM.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Has canada declared khalistanis as terrorists like proud boys?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

From the above list posted by chetak - So covertly Khalistani is ok?

And GoI maintaining law and order is “interference”. Whomever wrote this claptrap seem to be on a 9-5:00 job. Lazy and not worth the money for whomever is paying them
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

mmasand wrote: This is not the half of it, the stories we heard from our grandparents who trekked from the hinterlands of Sindh, there was no time to sit back, and process everything....
SriKumar wrote:Saar, I've read and heard other variations of this....
Yes, I've heard these kinds of stories before, but seeing it put in that matter-of-fact way with that picture of the man who had actually seen it happen in front of his eyes, really brought it home I guess.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

now, uncle dakait says provide new tractors to farmers against NGT order to ban old diesel vehicles in NCR :mrgreen:

leader ho, tho aisa
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is this where we have reached as a society or is it just the scum woke talking schitt as usual

Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

^ who writes this sort of stuff? Is this for Indian audience?
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

This is from bloomberg. So the target audience for this article might be foreigners. But the low self esteem gora worshipping DDM keeps printing articles from foreign newspapers and magazines. I want to ask them-Has bloomberg, NYT, WaPo etc etc ever printed articles from toi or indian express etc? If not, why the hell are these newspapers printing total garbage that no one wants to read?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I think there is more to it.

If you want to destroy a nation & its culture you constantly attack & undermine its traditional values. It becomes particularly easy to attack a particular traditional value when you can leverage people's innate selfishness and self-centeredness to undermine it.

Take this case. Traditional Indian culture says a man's dharma is to look after his parents unto death no matter what. There is no question of "my wealth" and "my parents' wealth" being different entities in this regard. When you need, they give, and when they need, you give. End of story.

But if you have a class of consumerist upper-middle class Indians who have been brought up on the premise that becoming deracinated "world citizens" is equal to "progress"... and who believe that their individual achievements & abilities alone are responsible for acquiring whatever wealth they possess (the classic Ayn Rand apologia for capitalism)... then you are in a position to leverage their selfishness.

They are already ripe for convincing that their parents have no moral claim on their "individual" wealth. After all their money came only from their individual talent and their own hard work, no?

So whatever they share with aged parents becomes a matter of choice, not duty. Whatever they choose to do is driven by the agency of their self-interest, whether in terms of feeling good about themselves as "compassionate" people or looking after their own financial well-being. As a source of moral agency, dharma is taken completely out of the equation.

And yet another blow has landed, and another spiderweb of cracks has appeared in another critical pillar of the Indian value system: the family.

Don't imagine this is an accident.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

^ That could well be the case. But the western world truly seems to believe that they owe nothing to their parents, or even their children. Maybe also vice versa, although nowadays there is an entire entitled generation in the USA, living in their parents' basements, playing video games well into their forties. When my parents came over to visit, there was this elderly lady who casually asked me in what hotel I would put my parents up. I was shocked, and said my parents would stay with me. She in turn was shocked - "your parents are going to stay with you for weeks? Are you sure you can get along with them that long? They'll get on your nerves." Yeah, well, if they put up with me for 20 years in my most difficult phase, why can't I put up with them for a few weeks? Most shocking was that she was pretty elderly herself, and she still found it hard to digest that I'd actually want to take care of my parents myself.

Then there was the guy who was sneering at Indians saving up money in the bank, saying "you guys don't even enjoy life - what do you think, you can take it with you? When you're dead - you're dead!" So I told him - "of course, but your children aren't." He got a jolt - "I never thought of that, that makes sense now."

OT here, maybe in one of the culture threads or "Understanding the US."
Last edited by sudarshan on 08 Feb 2021 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

The Punjabi protests lost major support after the 26th Jan violence. Comments from mia khalifa, rihanna, greta etc regarding the protests have only ended up turning it into a joke. Pro-khalistan leader jagmeet Singh appears to be impulsive and immature. He is casually engaging with p0rnstar mia khalifa and pop musician/singer rihanna on twitter. Clearly he is not fit to be a leader. His behavior isn't far from Donald trump, who ran the white house as if it was on a reality show(entertainment industry).
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Enough of foreigners attacking us and wanting to destroy us. The more important question is why are we not returning the favor 10x? We have all these experience of what works and what doesn't in case of nation destruction, considering we have been at receiving ends of these attacks for a long long time. So why not use it? It's always leftists, foreigners, Chinese, Pakis, peacefuls, ricebags etc etc attacking, conspiring, scheming something and we defending. When are we going to take the initiative and return the favor 10 fold? Attack them out of blue all of sudden, and let them defend.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Ashish ji, I understand the sentiment, but the way forward is to do a combination of what Pliny the Elder complained that India was doing to imperial Rome, and what Swami Vivekananda truly did to the USA.

Again, better off in some other thread.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

AshishA wrote:Enough of foreigners attacking us and wanting to destroy us
Gossip talk on social media is not worth attention. It's just strange to see senior politicians casually engaging with p0rnstars and popstars on social media for no tangible benefits. Jagmeet Singh has that on his record now. I think he doesn't have any advisors or maybe he is just plain impulsive.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Apart from Yogi ji which other BJP CM's have been doing well in your opinion folks

Modi became the leading candidate because people looked at the great work he did in Gujrat and backed him to do the same to India

And considering it took 10+ years for both him and Gujarat to build that reputation one should think the next guy would need a nice long list of successes as well

So who do we have that may be an option?
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

This parents/kids not being in the same house is an american thing. Europe is not like that IMO. It is not that uncommon for child+family to live with parents in coutries like Italy.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Southern Europe with its family centric, conservative catholic heritage and culture is the likely reason because in rest of europe it is rare for kids to live with their parents once they cross into their 20s, and if they are it is usually because of financial reasons.

As far as BJP CMs who can possibly be PMs in future, Amit Shah is the natural heir, as much as i'd like to see Yogi Adityanath become the next PM, i think many middle-class , anglicized fence sitters may find his overtly hindu identity to be a problem, so he may not have the pan-India appeal. Besides, UP is 1/5th of India, and it is important that state has an able CM for a long time. Sarbananda sonowal and Himanta Biswa are excellent organizers and able administrators but they don't have the RSS credentials, so i doubt if they'll ever be considered. Jyotiraditya Scindia has done nothing for the party (yet), and he needs run MP after Shivraj Singh Chauhan and prove himself before aiming for higher goals. Down south Tejaswi Surya is being groomed but he is just 30 and has a long way to go in politics.

Whoever becomes the next PM from BJP that person needs to have 3 key ingredients to qualify (a) Should have risen through the ranks from grassroot level (b) Proven administrator , past record of running a state or cabinet portfolio and (c) Be a lifelong member of RSS who believes in the ideology.

Other than Amit Shah the only name which comes to mind is Nitin Gadkari. Sadly none of them have the charisma of NaMo.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This is what I am posting in SM/whtasapp. Lof of Indian aholes who oppose Modi and supporting Democrats. Started getting support from neutral people

Rihana
Atleast the mask is off of these fake outrage industry. Carefully select a publicist. Build an image with help of media and SM. Then collect millions for tweets with idiots like Khalistanis who are ready to pay for publicity. As the time goes, each faker is going to be exposed more and more. At least this accidental disclosure of toolkit shows how the process worked for a lot of people.

On Greta

Follow the money. Behind all these fake outrage factories, there is funding source waiting to be grabbed be it kahlistani or George soros or some other organization. Hire publicists and SM handlers. You don't need to know what is the issue to make millions. Don't need to even have enough knowledge to point a country on the map. Just be on right side of funding. Mix the words dictator, fascism, racism blah blah blah. Bingo! Collect mullions.

On Meena Harris

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/tr ... lem-491577

* Show Trump and collect millions from George Soros or Khalistanis
* Use aunty name to sell hats/t-shirts to Dumbocrats
* Promote Farmer agitation, and riots to please Khalistanis
* Hope for huge riots and killings by police but no luck
* Get caught in Democratic Party scandal list
* Start fights by calling Hindus fascists and hope SM publicist helps
Last edited by vijayk on 08 Feb 2021 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Every international outlet has millions of farmers protesting in India. It seems like fed into the system with no checks and balances.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Smriti Irani not an option for PM? Lots of candidates may be able, but this personal connect with the people is what propelled Modi forward. Yogi might be building it now, I don't buy this idea that he will be perceived as "too Hindu" for the post. The same was said of Advani, until Modi came forth; the same was said of Modi and will continue to be said, until Yogi comes forth. At that point Modi will suddenly become "moderate," Advani will become a milk-sop, and Vajpayee will seem like nothing at all.

The personal connect factor is the missing link. The incubation system for future PMs needs to figure out a way to churn out candidates like this on an industrial scale, by which I mean - once every 10 to 15 years or so. We also don't want too many able candidates all at once, competing and getting their egos tied up in knots. Not to mention - dividing the electorate.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk wrote:This is what I am posting in SM/whtasapp. Lof of Indian aholes who oppose Modi and supporting Democrats. Started getting support from neutral people

Rihana
Atleast the mask is off of these fake outrage industry. Carefully select a publicist. Build an image with help of media and SM. Then collect millions for tweets with idiots like Khalistanis who are ready to pay for publicity. As the time goes, each faker is going to be exposed more and more. At least this accidental disclosure of toolkit shows how the process worked for a lot of people.

On Greta

Follow the money. Behind all these fake outrage factories, there is funding source waiting to be grabbed be it kahlistani or George soros or some other organization. Hire publicists and SM handlers. You don't need to know what is the issue to make millions. Don't need to even have enough knowledge to point a country on the map. Just be on right side of funding. Mix the words dictator, fascism, racism blah blah blah. Bingo! Collect mullions.

On Meena Harris

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/tr ... lem-491577

* Show Trump and collect millions from George Soros or Khalistanis
* Use aunty name to sell hats/t-shirts to Dumbocrats
* Promote Farmer agitation, and riots to please Khalistanis
* Hope for huge riots and killings by police but no luck
* Get caught in Democratic Party scandal list
* Start fights by calling Hindus fascists and hope SM publicist helps
QUOTES from the article:

Since the election, Meena has continued to stoke anxiety in Bidenworld. When she traveled to the inauguration, she flew on a private plane and posted about the trip on her Instagram stories, the hawk-eyed TYLER PAGER noticed.

The White House acknowledged that Meena flew on a plane owned by a donor to Biden’s inaugural committee. The Biden team declined to say who the plane belonged to.

Meena’s latest venture — Phenomenal Productions — is raising more questions.

Meena announced she was starting the production company with BRAD JENKINS, a former Obama White House staffer, weeks after the election. One of her first projects was a two-minute video featuring clips of her aunt, which debuted the day before Inauguration Day.

“We celebrate Kamala Harris, the first woman and first Black American and Asian American to serve as vice president of the United States of America,” the video’s narrator says.

Meena’s company produced the video with the Supermajority Education Fund, a nonprofit devoted to women’s leadership. (An allied super PAC, Supermajority, spent more than $1 million running ads backing Biden and opposing President DONALD TRUMP last year; most of its funding came from a super PAC started by GEORGE SOROS). On YouTube, the ad lists Meena as a producer

The White House said it did not know if Meena was paid for the ad, or whether her company volunteered its time. If the former, it might violate White House policy. Asked if she was paid by Supermajority, Meena didn’t respond.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

darshan wrote:Has canada declared khalistanis as terrorists like proud boys?
No jokes on this forum please! A report by Canada's intel agency that clearly pointed out 'Sikh extremism' was redacted by the Liberals under pressure from their own cabinet. In case you don't know, Khalistanis were given refuge even before IG was assassinated by Trudeau's father, when he was the PM. Jagmeet is merely making merry because he knows the Liberals have no choice but to tow his line for outside support to prop up their minority government.

There is a potential mid-term election coming up this year, the conservatives despite a leadership change are lacklustre at best. The country is largely divided between the West, that didn't give Trudeau a single seat, and Ontario that gives overwhelmingly to the Liberals at federal level. In between you have Quebec that has always had pro-separatist tendencies as a bargaining chip for sovereignty over its own laws. Look up Bill 21, anyone in religious headgear or clothing cannot consume a public service, a turbaned Sikh cannot become a school teacher, or apply for a driving license. No outrage!
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Why should there be outrage indeed?

A dude *** has a pretension to be a national leader. He should take a walk in Quebec City first.
Last edited by suryag on 08 Feb 2021 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no villifying a community, warning issued
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Amit Shah is an extremely capable and accomplished leader and charismatic in his own right. He would be the next in line at least for 1 term.

Yogi is on the same path as Modi in all respects. But he is behind Amit in experience. Like Modi in GJ, he needs to spend 2-3 terms winning elections and turning the state into a model of vikas. Then, there is no stopping him. Yogi has a big advantage of having total support from New Delhi instead of mafia wallahs trying to fix him with fake cases and tribunals.

Finally, BJP has a pretty good lineup of emerging younger leaders to fill the Cabinet and some of whom could be PM material. Farnavis, Irani, Viswasarma, Scindia, Surya, Panda, etc etc. And many more emerging from RSS pipeline. There is a plan and an organization. Dont worry. There is a need though, to find some good younger leaders from GJ, BH, WB to run these states.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Modi is the first PM of India who received national acceptance with real administrative experience of successfully running a state. He has set the standard for those who wish to go through that route.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Modi is looking is fine fettle in the Haldia rally. The same impact and energy as always. WB slipping away from MoMo didi.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

N-Test Was A Difficult Decision, Vajpayee Wasn’t Euphoric But Realistic: Shakti Sinha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSzu1PWw2Ck

plz listen to the first few mins. the world was against us after the N test. even the Sri Lankans were making noises. why are we worried about these stupid tweets..
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Some corn performer has-been with a pudgy nose tweets along with a nautch for hire girl and India loses it.

Did someone say soopa paawa? Just exposes the extent to which Indians crave external validation. The imbecilic reaction does more to legitimize the tweets and validate them than the tweets themselves. Well done Indoos. Hat’s off.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

anishns wrote:Do consider adding:

Khan GS Research Centre - 6.05M subscribers on youtube
- this guy talks in a language the aam aadmi understands and I have not see any thing anti-India on his channel
Due to his grass root level, simplistic approach, he seems to pile on the views, even higher than that "tattee" guy

Srutayus wrote:Updated
1. Rajiv Malhotra - still relevant
2. Op India, esp Ajeet Bharti on YT.
3. Jaipur Dialogues
4. VRA TV - Vivek Agnihotri and the 10 minute debate on YT
...</snip>
Has anyone seen more videos of the Khan GS Research center. The reason I ask is that in the early days of farm laws passing he had a videos where he said about 60-80% are also selling outside the mandi so the new laws will not have any effect what so ever. maybe true, maybe not (time will tell). He also put in a statement that many industrialists loans are waived (to the tune of x.y lakh crores) and the farmers need a very small amount of that to support themselves which the govt was not doing. So i am a little skeptical.

most of the guys start out as saying that they are giving new info/questioning the govt/ bringing out the truth etc. etc. a few layers later all they have are what we see on Dhruv rathees, lallantop and akash bannerjees. I am not suggesting that Khan Research Center is the same, just that that video was certainly not what we might expect to speak for indic wing.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Zynda wrote:What is special about 70? I do hope he stays at least till 2029...and hopefully by gods grace he will be in shape (both physically & mentally) for the job till 2029.
Give the man a well earned 'vanaprastha' folks!! That is our dharma. To paraphrase 'Senior General Ananthapadmanabhan' from 'Dharmaraja'
If the nation didn't produce the brave men to defend it, let the jungle take over it
He is already 70 as per Wiki. I hope he stays to complete the term.

Then, why not something like Singapore? Lee Kwan Yew stayed on as "Senior Minister" first and then "Minister Mentor".
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

regarding some minority aholes from kaneda, britshit and the US wailing about discrimination and persecution in India, here is the reality

would/could this have happened anywhere else in the world :mrgreen:

is there another "majority" anywhere in the world that would have shown the same wholehearted tolerance, acceptance and held them in the same high regard and so openly acknowledged them as their very own

and yet, the Hindus are the facists. :mrgreen:
Last 10 years India...

A Sikh Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh)

A Sikh Army chief (Gen Bikram Singh)

A Sikh Airforce chief (ACM B S Dhanoa)

A Sikh chief justice of India (Jagdish Singh Khehar)
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

^^^That is because in daily life, business, governance or even politics, Indians do not see Sikhs as fundamentally different to themselves. Sikhs are Indians, they are turban wearing (for very specific reasons) Hindus. They carry strong regional linguistic and cultural uniqueness, with unique as well as common history, just like many other communities from various parts of India. I believe most Sikhs see themselves this way as well. Stating this is in these words is no way amounts to diminishing Sikhs or minimising their talents and contributions to India.

There is nothing to tolerate or accept, they are us, and part of us is in them.

Those who portray Sihks as a "minority" are playing cheap and divisive identity politics. By giving examples like above, we are just implicitly accepting their identity division.We should ask them to prove their point by stating their arguments of separate identity and examples of alleged discrimination instead of accepting their "Sikhs are a minority" premise and then offering counter examples to defensively justify that we are tolerant, accepting etc.

JMT.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:^^^That is because in daily life, business, governance or even politics, Indians do not see Sikhs as fundamentally different to themselves. Sikhs are Indians, they are turban wearing (for very specific reasons) Hindus. They carry strong regional linguistic and cultural uniqueness, with unique as well as common history, just like many other communities from various parts of India. I believe most Sikhs see themselves this way as well. Stating this is in these words is no way amounts to diminishing Sikhs or minimising their talents and contributions to India.

There is nothing to tolerate or accept, they are us, and part of us is in them.

Those who portray Sihks as a "minority" are playing cheap and divisive identity politics. By giving examples like above, we are just implicitly accepting their identity division.We should ask them to prove their point by stating their arguments of separate identity and examples of alleged discrimination instead of accepting their "Sikhs are a minority" premise and then offering counter examples to defensively justify that we are tolerant, accepting etc.

JMT.

The government of India under National Minorities Commission Act, 1992 has already notified Sikhs as religious minority for the entire country.