2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Thakur_B »

asgkhan wrote:I had balooned up to 90 kgs during the pandemic. Hospital-stays/travelling in cabs and work had added tremendous stress. The unhealthy portions of food also piled on to the problem.

Now I have changed my diet completely. No breakfast, afternoon Brown rice or ragi ball, dinner is steamed veggies+ragi dosa @ 8.

Only on Sundays I have white rice + chicken as cheat days. Weight is down to 80 kgs. I am adding exercise now.

Hope to be 70 kgs by end of this year.

Indian food was already loaded with ghee/oil, now on street food, they dunk it with cheese, panneer and mayo. The overpowering combination of sodium+fat does a number on the liver and cholestrol .
Congratulations on your progress. I was in same boat as you, although in much worse condition (triple digits on scale). Cut out all carbs other than dairy, salad and fruits. Upped intake of ghee / butter, nuts, milk, healthy fats and protein in excess of 100 grams per day through food only. Coupled it with strict intermittent fasting and moderate body weight exercises. Can now perform strict form pull ups now. Dropped 25 kilos so far, hoping to drop 5 more. Currently a little under 20% body fat, target is 12-15% range.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Since we are on the topic of food, there is a great foodie vlogger: Harish Bali, who is visiting all parts of India and winning hearts & minds by sampling their regional cuisines. Reminds of the positivity that programs like Surabhi had to culturally unite India.

I think this foodie has done more for national integration than many politicians (other than Namo & RSS) put together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcBBuer ... l6&index=2
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

The issue is not the variety of food - it is increase in affordability and reduction in physical activity - as correctly called out. My mom eats what she wants - but almost never sits. Keeps walking around the house and keeps doing something or another. She eats at specified times in moderate amounts and stops eating by 7pm max.

It is hard to find foods that are voluminous and low is calories. Many meals are served just with carbs - that is a problem

break fast - idlis/dosa/ponal/ityadi with sambar/chutney - no veggies - lot of idlies to fill you up.
lunch - meals - high on rice - low on veggies - lot of rice to fill you up
dinner - same
snacks - murukku/thenkuzhal/jaangri ityadi - low volume high sugar

This happens across the social spectrum - rich or poor or middle class. This needs to change. We need to eat more veggies sauteed in oil - cooked deliciously with lower carbs across all meals to fill up. The key here is affordability/time - veggies are expensive and takes time to cook.

So we have economically grown to afford carb heavy food - but not rich enough or informed enough to afford the volume of veggies required to have a balanced meal.

The worst combo is rice + potato currey or poori+potato massal - double whammy!

Cold steamed potato is great for you due to resistant starch - but we dont eat anything cold!!!

The agri revolution has to make veggies/oil less expensive for the whole population and awareness campaign has to be done across the board. This is one way for India to chart a unique path in the world. Veggies are expensive everywhere. Given our fertile land - encourage more veggie farming and backyard veggie growing.
Last edited by V_Raman on 01 Mar 2021 13:33, edited 2 times in total.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Note to 40 year plus keyboard warriors. Keep protein consumption to bare minimum. I thought I will use boiled chana/pulses to keep my weight down. After 2 weeks of continuous consumption, I had pain when passing urine and pee pee hurt.

I realized that excess protein intake was causing issues in kidneys and pee pee output.

Stopped it and now it is all good. Buy a veggie steamer, steam the following ingredients

Sweet Potato
Beans
Baby Corn
Mushroom
Cabbage
Peas
Cauliflower

Steam for 20 minutes. Add minimum salt and voila, full nutrition and sugar levels drop like a rock next morning.

And for peeps suffering from constipation, this high fibre diet will make you pass stools like magic.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Few things that work for me:

- Reduce sugar to minimum, replace with honey when possible.
- Avoid processed foods, ketchup, sauces, biscuits, chips, namkeen, sugar added juices, soft drinks etc. High in salt and sugar.
- Eat mostly home cooked food, restaurant food is high in salt, oil, sugar, hygiene doubtful
- Aim for at least 50% volume of food from veggies.
- Eat home made curd/buttermilk in every meal, or at least once a day.
- Eat eggs/meat/fish not more than twice a week if you cant stay away from it. Wed & Sun for ex.
- Eat at regular times. Avoid eating on the move/rush/standing. Min 60 mins lunch break.
- Avoid snacking between meals, eat seasonal fruit if you are tempted.

MOST IMPORTANT:
Eat SLOWLY, chew well. Saliva contains the enzyme Ptyalin which breaks down carbohydrates into simple sugars. When you eat slowly this happens adequately and the released simple sugars give you a sugar hit that leads to satisfaction of eating. Take at least 25 mins, max 35 mins for eating. You will automatically eat less. Walk for 10 mins post meal, you'll feel great after.

Last tip from my personal experience :
When you eat to 25% of the stomach's capacity hunger pangs are gone.
When you eat to 50% of the stomach's capacity hunger is totally gone.
When you eat to 75% of the stomach's capacity SLOWLY you will be fully satiated.
Then STOP.
Last 25% should be left empty to enable digestion, and avoid overeating due to greed. Else your stomach expands and you'll get into a cycle of eating more to feel full and its becomes a vicious cycle.

Just like you cant fill a washing machine up to the brim with clothes and expect it to work correctly. You should always leave the table feeling there is a bit of space left in your belly. This takes some practice, but in a couple of weeks you'll get the hang of it and will be surprised why you were eating more earlier.

None of the above is rocket science, all of India used to eat mostly like this just a few decades ago. Kitchens were out of bounds except while eating so there was very little snacking. No fridge = fresh home food each meal. Vegetable sellers used to roam the streets in hot sun, so the veggies had to be fresh, plucked the previous evening. Small, efficient local supply chains. No preservatives or artificial ripeners were used. Supermarket veggies in India are really pathetic, don't buy there.

If you add some exercise, Yoga (suryanamaskar, pranayama, few simple asanas), and good sleeping habits, things will greatly improve in 3 months.

Also brush twice a day and use tongue cleaner. You'll get better oral health, better digestion. I was shocked to see the west doesn't use tongue cleaners and are obliged to use breath fresheners all the time and still most people have bad breath and bad teeth by 40s.

Don't smoke or drink. If you do, limit it and taper away gradually. Once you have crossed 45, they start wrecking real havoc in your body.

I don't manage to follow all of the above all the time. But I do manage at least 50% of the above most of the time. People usually take me for a good 10-15 years younger than I am ;-)

Hope these work for you.

Don't follow any fad diets like High protein, Keto, veggies only, vegan etc. They are psychologically taxing, results temporary and cause more problems than they solve. Indian style vegetarianism is good but not mandatory from health perspective if you follow the above guidelines.

May be we should move this type of discussion to a suitable thread.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Walking a lot also helps. Japanese aren't fat and maybe that's because they walk a lot everyday? Their diet and eating habits are also very good.
Here's a video on Japanese habits.
https://youtu.be/lr4MmmWQtZM

And here's a video how fast food made by MNCs like McDonald's and KFC are manipulated to make it addictive and you keep returning again and again. The ingredients, making process and all are carefully researched by their scientists to make it addictive.
https://youtu.be/RLXsZaD3oJ8
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Looks like moderators have taken a day off from this thread. :mrgreen: :rotfl:

What's with all the diet related posts.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

Japanese parliament is also Diet, so thin line between Diet and Politics.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

very informative posts all....... :mrgreen:

back to slink mode and waiting for the Grim breapers now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Back on topic folks
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Mod request: Could we start a new thread on Personal Diet Fitness and wellbeing thread in Tech forum? There used to be such a thread in GDF IIRC. Thanks
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Go ahead please !!
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

^ Who does this suryag think he is, referring to other forumites as "goathead" :shock: .

Election time is a good time to remind that Dr. Patil has a new book (pub. June 2020), please to support. I had posted this before. It seems the kindle edition is free, but try to buy the hardcover edition.

https://www.amazon.in/2019-Election-Sto ... B082PWL6WM
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Is Vinod Kumar of STRING video series fame still alive & kicking ? haven't heard from them after the YouTube video deletion.. last I heard was being shuttled to Mumbai to face some cases.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

If lunch time is over, can we get back to the topic of thread discussion?
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I've started a separate thread in tech forum with mod permission.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7847

Please continue any food, heatlth, well being related discussions there. Thank you.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Our neighbouring apartment RWA senior citizens have already opted for vaccination and got the vaccine shot. I hope the # of residents across the country will get vaccinated asap.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

sudarshan wrote:Election time is a good time to remind that Dr. Patil has a new book (pub. June 2020), please to support. I had posted this before. It seems the kindle edition is free, but try to buy the hardcover edition.
I had bought the hard cover edition as soon as it was launched. To be frank, I found the book to be mediocre. There is no much information on the process of his analysis, and how he made certain inferences. At times the book says that MAPI alogirthm predicted certain things and it just happened. It also does not give any predictive analysis, like how certain things helped BJP this time around but may not work out the next time.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Sachin wrote:
sudarshan wrote:Election time is a good time to remind that Dr. Patil has a new book (pub. June 2020), please to support. I had posted this before. It seems the kindle edition is free, but try to buy the hardcover edition.
I had bought the hard cover edition as soon as it was launched. To be frank, I found the book to be mediocre. There is no much information on the process of his analysis, and how he made certain inferences. At times the book says that MAPI alogirthm predicted certain things and it just happened. It also does not give any predictive analysis, like how certain things helped BJP this time around but may not work out the next time.
Thanks, haven't got around to reading it yet. Maybe he doesn't want to give away details of his algos? Predictive analysis would be good though. Just curious - did you review it?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Followers of RaGaXi. Resignation drama. Jaichands.
@DeshGujarat
Gujarat Congress legislative party leader Paresh Dhanani also resigns.
@DeshGujarat
Gujarat Congress President Amit Chavda quits from his post over his party's poor performance in local polls. His resignation is reportedly accepted by party leadership.
Cursory look says that all places with decent mandi presence kicked congress. Vote share patterns would be off interest to see if congress votes went down or not.
@uppuSSinghh
BJP leading in 30 out of 31 Zilla Panchayats.

Super Saffron Tsunami in rural Gujarat.

Farmers of Gujarat gave Thumbs Up to new farm laws.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

any news on farmer agitation?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

It would be nice if judges also acted with this ferocity when ordinary Indian citizens have had to go through a lot more than this with deep fake to account hacks to obtain personal pictures.
‘Unauthorised access’: Lawyer sent behind bars for downloading Facebook photo of judge and sending birthday wish
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/madhya- ... hday-wish/
A complaint was filed against the lawyer and he was arrested by the Ratlam Police on February 9. In the complaint, the plaintiff has accused the advocate of downloading her photo without authorisation. The complaint further mentioned that since the lawyer was not on the judge’s Facebook friend list, such an ‘unauthorized access’ or use of the photograph would attract provisions of the Information Technology Act.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

utter BS,

nothing of the sort is happening.

aam aadmi back into the hands of the babooze once again, mediocre service as always with few people managing on their own using "contacts"

thousands of healthcare staff and high risk front line patient facing doctors remain unvaccinated to date, despite sending details as required, even as the window for such vaccinations was closed firmly and without notice.

thousands upon thousands in desperate search for the bangalore BBMP administered covid vaccinations have been turned away and have been left high and dry with no other source to turn to

Shekhar Gupta@ShekharGupta·1h

Flawless registration on the Cowin website. Shots done in minutes. Within minutes of the shot, SMS arrived on the phone, with time & place the shot was administered, nurse’s name, reminder about the 2nd dose & the number to call in case of problems. Wonderfully efficient.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

chetak: healthcare staff were supposed to have been vaccinated in phase 1. Phase 2 is the one that starts general vaccination, focusing on high risk groups first. Which location and hospital is this ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:chetak: healthcare staff were supposed to have been vaccinated in phase 1. Phase 2 is the one that starts general vaccination, focusing on high risk groups first. Which location and hospital is this ?
I was talking phase 1

mid size and smaller hospitals all over but there are multiple cases in north bangalore

when approached, the BBMP guys repeatedly told them to take it in phase 2 as the portal was closed. Every one had to send an excel sheet which the BBMP claims it never got.

Can't take names of the hospitals. many of the staff are known people.

and, in phase 2, many doctors in the younger age groups will still be left out in the cold.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Phase 1 does not deal with the general population at all. The MoHFW site and PRS press reports emphasized the focus on frontline workers. There are multiple sides to this, including:
India urges frontline workers not to refuse vaccines as targets missed: Jan 19 2021
India's Covid vaccine drive off target as only half of people turn up to appointments: Jan 29 2021
However, the pace of second-dose vaccination is modest. While around 786,000 health workers got their first dose between 16 and 20 January, only 43% of them turned up for their second dose between 13 and 17 February

One can plan and attempt to execute, but this kind of pushback from healthcare staff does not help proper execution of vaccination. I don't think phase 1 went well. But I also don't think it's right to portray just as people being turned away. Both things happened - many voluntarily avoided it, making it hard to roll out plans well enough to cover everyone who did want it.

I don't think this level of aggressive criticism of the process 2 days into phase 2 is warranted. For all its problems, Cowin is the kind of resource that doesn't exist at all in the US. Every county and state in US has its own rules. There's no national registration site.

Yelling loudly at them at this juncture is counterproductive.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

...and she did it again ! 9th hike in LPG prices since December and the 4th one in 30 days.

https://www.indiatoday.in/business/stor ... 2021-03-01

The "dharam sankat" that Nirmala Sitharaman talks of is a self-inflicted wound. The govt is spending money which it does not have . Instead of using 21st century tools at their disposal to go after tax cheats i guess it is easy to just to squeeze the poor and middle class. When BJPs own karyakartas begin sharing memes mocking "acche din" maybe it is time to rethink the strategy .

And after 4 BJP ruled states complain to the center about public anger, the FM is now mulling cutting excise duty on fuel . I think it finally dawned upon her that state elections are a different beast compared to panchayat and muncipal elections.

https://www.livemint.com/industry/energ ... 90473.html
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Within GJ, I know of many 65+ seniors with limited knowledge of how to use computers and phones have obtained vaccines. At the very least, the Indian system is better than US when considering the money spent. In US, all vaccination drives have been turned into money making business at each turn. I was surprised to see how easy it was for many in GJ to obtain vaccine while I'm still waiting in US.

Hopefully, GoI is actively monitoring and dialing in corrections.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:Phase 1 does not deal with the general population at all. The MoHFW site and PRS press reports emphasized the focus on frontline workers. There are multiple sides to this, including:
India urges frontline workers not to refuse vaccines as targets missed: Jan 19 2021
India's Covid vaccine drive off target as only half of people turn up to appointments: Jan 29 2021
However, the pace of second-dose vaccination is modest. While around 786,000 health workers got their first dose between 16 and 20 January, only 43% of them turned up for their second dose between 13 and 17 February

One can plan and attempt to execute, but this kind of pushback from healthcare staff does not help proper execution of vaccination. I don't think phase 1 went well. But I also don't think it's right to portray just as people being turned away. Both things happened - many voluntarily avoided it, making it hard to roll out plans well enough to cover everyone who did want it.

I don't think this level of aggressive criticism of the process 2 days into phase 2 is warranted. For all its problems, Cowin is the kind of resource that doesn't exist at all in the US. Every county and state in US has its own rules. There's no national registration site.

Yelling loudly at them at this juncture is counterproductive.
Phase 2 is yet to start in many places here. Chosen Bangalore hospitals received permission late evening the day before yesterday and they are all expecting 3-4 days to prepare and ramp up.

Most need to set up facilities to handle any emergency arising post vaccination

I have yet to hear of doctors refusing the vaccination though, statistically there will be some of them

I am talking only of the phase where health care workers and other frontline staff were to get vaccinated and not the phase where the gen pop in specified age group is being allowed

The BBMP ladies who maintain our street got their vaccines on time but they all have a very strong union and also a very vocal union
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Ambar wrote:Instead of using 21st century tools at their disposal to go after tax cheats i guess it is easy to just to squeeze the poor and middle class.
I don't believe that tax enforcement people do much even on detailed tips on occurred transactions or ones that are going to occur. I have submitted many such tips over the years and I don't think that anyone was affected by it. If anything, tax people probably ended up collecting more bribes due to incoming tips to look other way.

This falls into the general bucket of certain bureaucracies not achieving anything under this GoI. Similar to education ministry.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:
Ambar wrote:Instead of using 21st century tools at their disposal to go after tax cheats i guess it is easy to just to squeeze the poor and middle class.
I don't believe that tax enforcement people do much even on detailed tips on occurred transactions or ones that are going to occur. I have submitted many such tips over the years and I don't think that anyone was affected by it. If anything, tax people probably ended up collecting more bribes due to incoming tips to look other way.

This falls into the general bucket of certain bureaucracies not achieving anything under this GoI. Similar to education ministry.
there are a lot of shops where you can walk in and buy stuff without a bill because the shopkeeper says so.

GST is actively being avoided and if it is so easy, there is a loophole that is being exploited and a loophole that has been purpose built and left open.

I am talking branded paint cans with batch number and reputed brand names
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

You're talking about just a single locality - North Bangalore. The argument simply does not extend nationwide - there's been news over whole of February indicating how pushback from the frontline healthcare community is affecting the vaccination rollout. You can find plenty of it in the Covid thread. They still managed to get 14 million healthcare workers vaccinated between Jan 16 (first day of phase 1) and Feb 27 (last day of phase 1).

Datapoint:
* NSSO data indicated India had only 5 million healthcare staff: Skilled healthcare workforce in India doesn't meet WHO threshold
The total size of health workforce registered with different councils and associations was 5 million, but the NSSO estimated the size of the workforce to be 1.2 million fewer at 3.8 million.
* By early Feb, 45% of recorded workers vaccinated: Feb 9 data: 45% of healthcare staff vaccinated
"We had estimated that we have about one crore healthcare workers. But when we registered them it was around 96 lakh (96,31,637). 43.9 lakh (43,91,826) have already been vaccinated as of 1.30 pm today, which means 45 per cent of India's total healthcare workers have been vaccinated.
45% was 4.4 million people, meaning the total recorded list was 9.8 million. Phase 1 data upto Feb 27 showed 14 million vaccinated, which includes recorded and temporary covid related frontline care personnel. In other words Phase 1 vaccinated ~3x 2019 NSSO reported count of healthcare personnel, and 4 million more than what the government estimated.

Nowhere do they have a perfectly organized vaccination rollout, and I'm not trying to claim it went perfectly, but a larger context of phase 1 performance is necessary beyond what happened in one local area.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:You're talking about just a single locality - North Bangalore. The argument simply does not extend nationwide - there's been news over whole of February indicating how pushback from the frontline healthcare community is affecting the vaccination rollout. You can find plenty of it in the Covid thread. They still managed to get 14 million healthcare workers vaccinated between Jan 16 (first day of phase 1) and Feb 27 (last day of phase 1).
BBMP means bangalore. Sorry if that was not clear. my bad

many unauthorised have availed of the vaccinations here and that can only happen with connivance.

The vials are strictly controlled by the GoI but are multiple dose vials which leaves room for "adjustments" along with the apparently "not received" excel sheets for registration.

the loophole is allowing use of multiple proof of Ids.

when almost all have voter's cards or aadhar cards, why ask for driver's license and PAN card in the options.
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

chetak wrote: many unauthorised have availed of the vaccinations here and that can only happen with connivance.
I am no expert in vaccination, but as per my understanding, the way community vaccination works is that even if I am not vaccinated, I get a benefit if my neighbor is vaccinated. It is a matter of reducing transmission. There is evidence (I have posted in the Covid thread) that points to a reduction in transmission when community vaccination happens. So even if there is some degree of leakage, the benefit will come to everybody.

In fact, if I had a way to convince the health minister, I would have asked them to increase the commission charged by private hospitals and then open the vaccination to all 45-year plus population. If there is no supply constraint, and there is ample demand, then all we need to do is unshackle delivery to as many people as quickly as possible.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

It's BBMP running the show inn BLR, so enough said...
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

chetak wrote:many unauthorised have availed of the vaccinations here and that can only happen with connivance.

The vials are strictly controlled by the GoI but are multiple dose vials which leaves room for "adjustments" along with the apparently "not received" excel sheets for registration.
As Uttam already pointed out before I could respond, vaccination is not entirely a zero sum thing. Any vaccinated person is a good thing because they reduce transmission rate which benefits the herd as a group.

Those in the older high risk group are not very mobile. Anyone who got vaccinated so far had to do so by going to where vaccinations are being done. Most of these we can assume are very mobile people. To reduce transmission, vaccinating those who move around a lot if important. Maybe not all healthcare workers could be vaccinated. However, in absolute numbers as data shows, Phase 1 vaccinated 50% more than the total number of registered healthcare workers known to the government. Purely from an economic perspective, it's better that the mobile workforce is vaccinated first, and not the old/infirm - it may sound heartless, but the reality is that the people who move a lot also come in contact with the most people, and thus are most responsible for case count growth. While the vaccine may not prevent them from transmitting, it reduces their viral load such that transmissions are weaker.

Older people may lack the skill to navigate Cowin website. In fact the exact problem exists in US, where teenagers are volunteering to search the vaccination waitlists daily on behalf of non-tech savvy older people. So I agree with Uttam here - walkins should be allowed for older / at risk groups at least for certain hours of the day. Upon demonstrating evidence of eligibility, they get immediately vaccinated. General pop can use Cowin.

As for BBMP, it's worth taking pics of their documentary requirement and posting it on Twitter quoting all the people you can, and force them to change.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Most private institutes are expecting vaccine delivery starting next week across KAR. My mother has registered herself at a private hospital and is waiting to get an appointment. In TN it is very checkered, in some places they are asking people to make an appointment and in other places (including Madurai) people are randomly walking in for a vaccine, there is no aadhar or SMS to track but it is the patient's responsibility to remember the vaccine and date of administration. I hope they deliver only one brand of vaccine to a institute so there is no confusion and no possibility of someone getting covaxin as dose 1 and covishield as dose 2. Anyways, i agree that by hook or crook as long as people are coming forward to get themselves vaccinated in itself is a good sign. I hope pvt companies and government departments will make it mandatory to carry vaccine certification before returning to office, and IR and airline companies should also make it compulsory to carry vaccine documents before travelling, its the only way to make sure the majority gets vaccinated.
Last edited by Ambar on 03 Mar 2021 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

OmkarC wrote:Is Vinod Kumar of STRING video series fame still alive & kicking ? haven't heard from them after the YouTube video deletion.. last I heard was being shuttled to Mumbai to face some cases.

Following this up myself.. looks like Vinod is safe (for now).. Nationalist Hub posted an interview with him today (in Telugu w/ English subtitles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X80Epyyy450

Talks about how he got started, threats he & his staff received after the YouTube video, why the leftist ecosystem is so strong, etc..
Last edited by OmkarC on 03 Mar 2021 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Ambar wrote: I hope they deliver only one variety of vaccine to a institute so there is no confusion and no possibility of someone getting covaxin as dose 1 and covishield as dose 2.
I am wondering about the same thing as the vaccine paperwork in GJ doesn't seem to indicate which one it's. Unless on the back side of this paper card, there's some sticker to indicate it.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Each centre gets a single type of vaccine only. It was mentioned in some news article somewhere, perhaps in the Covid thread. It was to avoid the exact same issue. Also, those who got the first jab need to return to the same centre for the second 29 days later.

Btw, can we move these vaccination discussions off this thread? Of late, we are discussing everything but politics here :)