2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
madhu
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by madhu »

IndraD wrote:
https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1369328723393196032 India to supply Covid-19 vaccine to Pakistan.

Pak will get 45 million doses of vaccine.
This is the problem with stupid hindu india... I dont know why you need this ? Do any one think this will melt their heart and stop terrorism? Stupid indians will never learn from history.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

forget India - Pakistan in Asia , even when Pakistanis migrate to West their children carry same venom & grudge against India, when they enter politics they bring these insinuating debates to Parliament. Often with a Hindu politician accomplice, but show a single Pakistani politician bringing a petition/argument against Pakistan on human rights, minority treatment anywhere.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

madhu wrote:I'm Brahmin, Don't Teach Me Hindu Dharma': Mamata Chants Chandipath, Slams BJP at Nandigram Rally

After janeudhari brahmin sri sri sri rahul .... Now didi has become brahmin... I dont know why people invoke brahminhood in crisis... I think this what left calls "brahmin patriarch "....
I dont understand One thing, why people prefer to be a brahmin to prove loyalty to hinduism... Why so called political class dont think even sudras are equal or in most of the cases more loyal to hindhism and hindu cause.

If modi rules for another 20 yrs i am sure owaisi will invoke his lost brahminhood from his grand father...
[Edited unctuous remark that does not add value.]
Last edited by ramana on 11 Mar 2021 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Struck off offending rhetoric Ramana
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

My interpretation is simpler than that: ingraining in people's minds that only brahmins know. Something that worked well for Abrahmic invaders with maulana and padre concepts. Within GJ, founders of sects like Swaminarayan had recognized this and brought in the reforms across the board and made it as easy as walk in the park to claim oneself to be a gyaani Hindu. For over a century, they were seen as evils but they succeeded by marginalizing all self proclaimed brahmins.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

KLNMurthy wrote:
madhu wrote:I'm Brahmin, Don't Teach Me Hindu Dharma': Mamata Chants Chandipath, Slams BJP at Nandigram Rally

After janeudhari brahmin sri sri sri rahul .... Now didi has become brahmin... I dont know why people invoke brahminhood in crisis... I think this what left calls "brahmin patriarch "....
I dont understand One thing, why people prefer to be a brahmin to prove loyalty to hinduism... Why so called political class dont think even sudras are equal or in most of the cases more loyal to hindhism and hindu cause.

If modi rules for another 20 yrs i am sure owaisi will invoke his lost brahminhood from his grand father...
My working theory for some time has been that the "brahmin" claims are to contrast themselves with Modi who is a shudra.
Her main claim to fame is her sway over TMC goons and xenophobia. As a thought experiment why not repartition WB and make TMCdesh. we will see how many people stick with her. It could be larger than Monaco.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

madhu wrote:
IndraD wrote:
https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1369328723393196032 India to supply Covid-19 vaccine to Pakistan.

Pak will get 45 million doses of vaccine.
This is the problem with stupid hindu india... I dont know why you need this ? Do any one think this will melt their heart and stop terrorism? Stupid indians will never learn from history.
I don't think Modi or anyone can stop this, UN-Astra Zeneca-Poonawalla- Bollywood nexus will put this as condition not to sabotage Covaxin vaccine. Try stopping this and media will declare Covaxin as cyanide and vaccination and Indian economy will completely stop. Many Indians don't know to what extent things are manipulated till they personally experience it.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

They can't stop it just because it's going to pukiland but there are definitely other ways around it. Maybe Mossad paid some disgruntled employee to contaminate the shipment meant for pukiland with a substance that contains monkey DNA and makes people impotent? Surely a country that already distrusts the polio vaccine can be counted on to make anything work.

The declaring vaccine as cyanide works both ways :mrgreen:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I saw a dude with a choti sprinkling gau mutra on the shipment meant for Pakistan.

Or maybe that was ab e hayat or something.

Don’t know much about Indian culture-only what I learned in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Please stop completely irresponsible talk about contaminating vaccines . Are you guys insane ?

TSP signed a deal last September with Gavi, the international vaccine alliance based in Geneva. Astra Zeneca is Anglo-Swedish, and is a Gavi supplier . SII makes the AZ vaccine under license as Covishield .

TSP aren’t getting Covishield from India . They’re getting the AZ vaccine thru Gavi . The Indian government has nothing to do with it .

The price of being the worlds predominant contract vaccine maker is that we will end up supplying it to places that may not be friends . SII makes money from exports all the same.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

1. The vaccines will be used up by the GHQ and few will be spared to aam abduls and ayeshas.
2. The vaccines will be sold on the black market.
3. Bakis dont know how to store and manage the vaccines. Quite a few will be spoilt.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Aware of the Gavi link saar and definitely not advocating actually doing something, it would be insane and criminal. Just thought that any random element can score some great PR wins and demoralize the paki 'fairer and stronger than dirty indians, totally arab breed" qaum and that discrediting Covaxin is not so easy.

But I get the message. No more from me on this.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Why is there a hue and cry about supplying vaccines to Pakistan? It's not like they are gonna use it considering how much the country loves conspiracy theories. Most probably they are going to brand Vaccines from India as RAW made ones and they will never use it.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

No. Mullahs and the TV shills will rant against this Indian vaccine. They will all use it secretly, claiming they got the Chinese one.

There is a utube on pakis admitting they prefer the Indian vaccine “because they look like us”. :eek:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

sanjaykumar wrote:I saw a dude with a choti sprinkling gau mutra on the shipment meant for Pakistan.
Better would have been doing a Puja & Aarti in front of the containers (with vaccines inside) with all bhajans etc in full swing. And the last step being placing lemons under the wheels of the trucks, breaking coconuts, and the drivers accepting the Prasad from the Panditji. And then go on TV saying that this is how we sent out important items in India (culture & tradition etc.). This would rile up the peacefools and the 'seculars' in India as well. :rotfl:
What I have understood is that nothing riles up the 'seculars' and peacefools other than very open & proud following of another religion and custom.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the social media thread.

This has very significant political and as also financial implications for big data ameriki companies run by wannabe media ghengis khans, insisting on rampaging uncontrolled across sovereign borders and disregarding national and territorial sovereignty issues.

when sovereign airspace is tightly controlled, then why not the same overarching national control over a sovereign electromagnetic space.

After India's big punch to twitter's jaw, the russkies have just sandbagged jack on crack.

more affected countries will follow to teach this arrogant commie and also a religious bigot a lesson that he will not easily forget.

this time jack on crack seems to have picked the wrong guys to tangle with.

Modi controls a huge SM market, if not the largest and putin has, among the most awesome and globally notorious cyber attack capabilities that can be assembled, if the need should arise.

It would be child's play for putin and/or Modi to put jack on crack in his place and show him his true aukat

what bigots like jack on crack or f(ukerberg or bezos are doing is, plain and simple, digital terrorism disguised as social media "offerings" and the toxic results are there for all to see, in brexit, for example.

What next, twitter sponsored regime changes or rigged elections ordered by jack on crack

modifying opinions, pushing fake news banning naysayers and setting/directing narratives favorable to only the woke few is what Paul Joseph Goebbels used to do

Russia moves to slow Twitter's speed after protest row, threatens total block

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia said on Wednesday it was slowing down the speed of Twitter in retaliation for its alleged failure to remove banned content, and threatened a total block if the U.S. platform did not comply with its deletion demands.

The move, which escalates a growing stand-off between Moscow and U.S. social media firms, comes weeks after Russian authorities accused Twitter and others of failing to delete posts it said illegally urged children to take part in anti-Kremlin protests.

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Russia has traditionally taken a more hands-off role in policing the internet than neighbouring China. But as domestic political tensions have risen this year over the arrest and jailing of Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny - which triggered nationwide protests - it has signalled a tougher line.

Roskomnadzor, the state communications regulator, said in a statement that as of Wednesday there were more than 3,000 posts containing illegal content on Twitter, which it accused of ignoring its deletion requests for years.

Twitter was already under pressure in Russia after it was named as one of five social media platforms being sued for allegedly failing to delete posts urging children to take part in illegal protests, the Interfax news agency cited a Moscow court as saying on Tuesday.

The regulator did not mention content related to opposition protests in Wednesday's statement, but referred to what it said was illegal content on Twitter containing child *****, information about drug abuse and calls for minors to commit suicide.

"The slowing down will be applied to 100% of mobile devices and on 50% of non-mobile devices," the regulator said.

"If (Twitter) continues to ignore the requirements of the law, the enforcement measures will be continued... (right up to blocking it)," the regulator said.

The move would affect video and photo content but not text, Interfax cited a regulatory official as saying.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Politicians. Will do anything to get casted. It would have been better to see her talk about why she's better at the job rather than this. Only one with the better qualifications should get the job. Contest and protest on that basis. It starts from the grassroot.
Watch: Bhavnagar woman BJP councillor weeping, crying after non-selection for Mayor’s post
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2021/03/10/ ... yors-post/
Varshaba with tears in her eyes told media persons, ‘it’s turn of general category councillor (for Mayor’s post), but someone from Other Backward Class (OBC) has been selected for the post. Jitubhai Vaghani (local MLA and former State BJP chief) had clearly told that in case some BJP candidate loses the election, the other BJP candidates in same panel even after their election, will not get even smallest committee level post. But now Jitubhai has only selected Kirtiben for the post of Mayor.’
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Meanwhile in Haryana, MLK has won the no confidence vote in the legislature.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Yup, he is safe for now. This is why it is so important to form governments with absolute majority. There are two state governments that i am unsure will see through their full term, Karnataka and Haryana. The former because of factionalism and constant infighting where it is BJP vs BJP vs BJP, and in Haryana because of a lackluster Manohar lal Khattar and his coalition . Against all predictions, MH government has not just survived but continues to run the state into the ground , guess that cooalition is safe until the election year and will fall few months before election so INC and NCP can put all the blame of mismanagement on the imbecile Shivsena and Thackeray.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

In other news, Momata Didi after failing to prove her riding skills, and her newly found hindu credentials is now trying her hands on acting. She claims that BJP supporters physically assaulted her ! She was lying flat on the front seat of her jeep as if she just got out of a boxing match with Mike Tyson.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Delkar suicide case: Mumbai Police book UT administrator Praful Patel
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2021/03/10/ ... ful-patel/
Mumbai: Mumbai Police has registered a case against central government appointed Administrator of Union Territory ........ Delkar’s family members visited the Marine Drive police station and lodged a complaint.DNH collector Sandip Singh, Dy Collector Apurv Sharma, DySP Manasvi Jain, former SP Sharad Bhaskar, Talati Dilip Patel and others are also booked as per FIR.
The police had recovered a 15-page suicide note from independent Lok Sabha MP Delkar’s hotel room which was written on his letter head, the official said, adding the note mentioned some names.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Last edited by KJo on 11 Mar 2021 19:32, edited 2 times in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

GJ really needs much better and bigger infrastructure network that connects multiple airports. That nightmare airport in MH needs to loose all GJ traffic.
‘New govt in Maharashtra has left no stone unturned in stalling the bullet train project’
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2021/03/10/ ... n-project/
New Delhi: While Gujarat and Union Territory of Dadra Nagar Haveli have completed 95 per cent land acquisition for proposed Mumabi – Ahmedabad high speed railway project (bullet train project), the new government in Maharashtra (Shiv Sena – Congress – NCP) has left no stone unturned in stalling the project. The previous government(BJP) in Maharashtra had acquired 24 per cent land for the project, but the new government in the State has stalled the task.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I suppose that both answers are incorrect as they're not based on his deeds.
Last edited by ramana on 11 Mar 2021 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Struck off offending rhetoric Ramana
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^Varna based on temperament one is born with, not on one's deeds or births (though temperament gives rise to deeds that reflect the temperament)
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

everyday #islam
Gruesome murder of 14-year-old Hindu boy Mahesh Kolli by the family of his Muslim friend: All you need to know
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/14-year ... karnataka/
The incident was first reported on February 27 after the villagers recovered a dead body in the Bhima river a few kilometres away from the village. The police rushed to the spot and pulled the dead body that was stuffed inside a gunny bag, only to find a decomposed body. The police identified the dead body with the help of his family members. According to the police, the boy’s nose and genitals were chopped off before he was murdered.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

mukkan wrote:All politicians knows freebies wins elections. Earlier it was 1 Kg of rice, then it became toilets, gas stoves, houses, TVs, phones, direct cash transfer ever growing list of freebies in the name of lifting poverty. There is no difference in any parties as they cannot win elections without this. Who is paying for all this freebies, mostly salaried middle class. For the salaried middle class, the big difference between BJP and INC is lack of nepotism and corruption. But this may change in future as they stay longer in power.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/tami ... eas/729535
Mukkan Saab,
I think you are making the classic mistake of clubbing the bare necessities executed by the current govt at the Centre with freebies that are given by state based parties and equating them. Suraj Saar already posted his piece on monopolies that the state has to provide. I will say it without the eloquence. the toilets, saubhagya scheme and jan dhan will result in the basic quality of life being improved and its for all. the money given under jan dhan is essentially earmarked for that household who earlier might have had to run around an offcier to get that check with a hefty cut for the middle men for getting the job done. The govt transfer the same amount without the middleman (ideally).

Phones, Tv's, grinders, bikes etc given only to a section of potential voters for that are even worse. your comparison is like Dhruv Rathee video where he tried to compare UPA and NDA earlier and said overall they are same with NDA and UPA getting pretty much same points with UPA being secular or some other tripe.

I would prefer if the salaried middle class pay taxes and ask for better services delivered in a timely manner rather than getting freebies and skimping on taxes and then siding with convoluted logic of us vs them (like in a tv debates, but that rich guy doesn't pay taxes why should i pay, some politician is skimming off the top, so what if i don't pay my fair share).

the only way this issue will die down would be the govt providing the basic services for the poorest sections/remotest regions and then trying to increase the tax paying population to increase collections and go about their spending whether on infrastructure of establishing industries and so on.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys no self goals.
Don't fall for caste rhetoric.
And don't reinforce stereotypes.
Thanks
Ramana
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

darshan wrote:everyday #islam
Gruesome murder of 14-year-old Hindu boy Mahesh Kolli by the family of his Muslim friend: All you need to know
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/14-year ... karnataka/
The incident was first reported on February 27 after the villagers recovered a dead body in the Bhima river a few kilometres away from the village. The police rushed to the spot and pulled the dead body that was stuffed inside a gunny bag, only to find a decomposed body. The police identified the dead body with the help of his family members. According to the police, the boy’s nose and genitals were chopped off before he was murdered.
In story after story, I am amazed to see the criminality and barbaric behavior of common Muslims. Muslims from middle class casually do crimes like murder, rape and rioting which a Hindu will think ten times before committing. They also habitually store arms like knives and daggers in their house - no Hindu or Christian or Buddhist does that. Many thinkers like Tufail Chaturvedi and Sita Ram Goel came to the conclusion of this being a criminal tribe. Muslims can live next door to you for decades peacefully, but can abruptly flip anytime and commit crime against you -- as Hindu Pandits found to their cost in Kashmir
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

So arnob was right all along, the MVA knew it from the beginning, and yet arnob was relentlessly harassed by the MVA goonda gang for speaking the truth.

looks like an intentional pawn sacrifice has been made to protect the king and or some species of baby bird that is commonly seen, mostly in the artic/antarctic regions

the conspirators of the ambani case with the explosive laden SUV are sought to be protected and the SSR case is the red herring to divert attention for the classic switch and bait operation.

Now that fadnavis has the bit firmly in his teeth and the BJP is going to make a complete meal of these MVA guys

just wondering what the hizzonners are going to say now after the statement has been made in the MAH legislature.........

Sushant Singh Rajput was murdered says Maharashtra HM @ANILDESHMUKHNCP in the upper house of the state.
WATCH: Video in marathi
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Telecom companies will be allowed to instal only govt approved gear from Jun 15
With effect from June 15, telecom operators will be required to take permission for up-gradation of existing networks

MAR 10 2021,

To prevent non-friendly countries including Chinese equipment in the Indian telecom network, the Centre on Wednesday amended telecom licence norms that will enable the Department of Telecom to control the installation of network equipment from non-trusted sources.

With effect from June 15, 2021, telecom operators will be required to take permission from the National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC) for up-gradation of existing networks, utilising the telecom equipment not designated as trusted products.

The government's latest move will help the government to prevent non-friendly countries including China from supplying telecom equipment to Indian telecom service providers.

The government's decision comes as it aims to ensure that Chinese equipment companies like Huawei and ZTE are excluded as telecom vendors as India prepares a 5G rollout soon.

At present Airtel and Vodafone Idea have existing contracts with the Chinese vendors while Jio works largely with Korean vendor Samsung.

However, these directions will not affect ongoing Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) or updates to existing equipment already inducted in the network as on date of effect.

According to the license amendment, the NCSC will be the designated authority that can impose conditions for the procurement of telecom equipment on the grounds of "Defence of India" or matters directly related to national security.

"Designated authority shall notify the categories of equipment for which the security related to Trusted sources are applicable. For the said categories of equipment designated authority shall notify the trusted sources along with the associated telecommunication equipment (trusted products)," according to the amendment.

The NCSC may also notify a list of designated sources from whom no procurement can be done.

While the government has not barred procurement of equipment from Chinese companies, it amended the general financial rules (GFR) 2017 to enable the imposition of restrictions on bidders in public procurement from countries that share a land border with India on grounds of defence of India, or matters directly or indirectly related thereto, including national security.

Public companies need to scrap tenders if a qualified bidder is from a country that shares a land border with India, which includes China.

After India-China border tensions in Eastern Ladakh, the government has been taken a series of steps to make it tougher for Chinese companies to operate in India.

Earlier India said companies belonging to countries sharing a border with India can no longer invest under the automatic route and need their investments to be vetted by the Indian authorities. Besides, around 220 Chinese apps, including popular ones such as TikTok, have been banned citing national security reasons.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Deleted . There’s already been a mod note on derailing thread with this.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

=== please post this in the relevant thread ===
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I still fail to understand why there wouldn't be a video narration in this day and age. And also publication of notes online. It doesn't make sense that a seasoned politician would trust MH and Mumbai Police to handle anything in right manner before and after suicide. Something still doesn't add up.
Administrator Praful Khoda Patel booked in Dadra and Nagar Haveli MP Mohan Delkar’s suicide case
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/dadra-n ... el-mumbai/
It was mentioned in the FIR that Mohan Delkar had made complaints on December 18, 2020 and January 19, 2021 to Prime Minister Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and Lok Sabha Standing Committee President Bhupendra Yadav against the accused people. “If harassment to me is not stopped, then I would be left with no option but committing suicide”, Delkar had said during the hearing of his complaint in Lok Sabha Standing Committee.
;
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Now for some comic relief -
India is no longer a democratic country: Rahul Gandhi :mrgreen:
"India is no longer a democratic country," Rahul Gandhi said on Twitter quoting a news report which read "India now as autocratic as Pakistan, worse than Bangladesh".
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Surprised there's hardly any discussion here on what happened in Uttarakhand. In a surprising move BJP high-command replaced the CM of Uttarakhand in the middle of his term, something that Amit Shah and Modi rarely do unless the CM is really unpopular (ex : former GJ CM Anandiben Patel). Even in the face of extreme anti-incumbency and unpopularity not just with voters but also among the cadres and MLAs, the BJP HQ in Delhi refrains from removing Chief ministers, we have seen this with Raghubar Das in Jharkhand and Vasundra Raje in Rajasthan - both states where BJP paid a heavy price for its decision to stick with the CMs. So removing Trivendra Singh Rawat in Uttarakhand and replacing him with Tirath Singh Rawat an year before the elections is a big decision, and indicates a major shift in policy at the center. Rumors are now abuzz that Manohar lal Khattar in HR and Jairam Thakur in Himachal maybe next. HR is a lot more complex because of castiest politics and the coalition equation there.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Ambar wrote:Surprised there's hardly any discussion here on what happened in Uttarakhand. In a surprising move BJP high-command replaced the CM of Uttarakhand in the middle of his term, something that Amit Shah and Modi rarely do unless the CM is really unpopular (ex : former GJ CM Anandiben Patel). Even in the face of extreme anti-incumbency and unpopularity not just with voters but also among the cadres and MLAs, the BJP HQ in Delhi refrains from removing Chief ministers, we have seen this with Raghubar Das in Jharkhand and Vasundra Raje in Rajasthan - both states where BJP paid a heavy price for its decision to stick with the CMs. So removing Trivendra Singh Rawat in Uttarakhand and replacing him with Tirath Singh Rawat an year before the elections is a big decision, and indicates a major shift in policy at the center. Rumors are now abuzz that Manohar lal Khattar in HR and Jairam Thakur in Himachal maybe next. HR is a lot more complex because of castiest politics and the coalition equation there.
It's possible that the BJP High Command learned from their mistakes and decided to be proactive about it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:Surprised there's hardly any discussion here on what happened in Uttarakhand. In a surprising move BJP high-command replaced the CM of Uttarakhand in the middle of his term, something that Amit Shah and Modi rarely do unless the CM is really unpopular (ex : former GJ CM Anandiben Patel). Even in the face of extreme anti-incumbency and unpopularity not just with voters but also among the cadres and MLAs, the BJP HQ in Delhi refrains from removing Chief ministers, we have seen this with Raghubar Das in Jharkhand and Vasundra Raje in Rajasthan - both states where BJP paid a heavy price for its decision to stick with the CMs. So removing Trivendra Singh Rawat in Uttarakhand and replacing him with Tirath Singh Rawat an year before the elections is a big decision, and indicates a major shift in policy at the center. Rumors are now abuzz that Manohar lal Khattar in HR and Jairam Thakur in Himachal maybe next. HR is a lot more complex because of castiest politics and the coalition equation there.

A few things seem to have gone against him for his decisions taken against opposition and advice not to do so
1. The RSS is learnt to have been irked by Rawat’s decisions to allow the opening of a distillery in Rudraprayag, curtailing the Kumbh Mela celebrations in Haridwar, and bringing all the major shrines which are part of the Char Dham Yatra under a Devasthanom Board that is run by the government.

2. Making the Gairsain division as the third administrative division in the state after Kumaon and Garhwal, thus annoying a large number of people and senior leaders whom he did not consult before he took most of his decisions.

The status for the new summer capital of the state annoyed a large number of people from the Kumaon region because Almora, which is considered the cultural capital of Kumaon, was also clubbed with Gairsain.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

True but Uttarakhand also has a unique reputation where no chief minister has ever completed his/her full term except Narayan Tiwari of INC. Between 2012 and 2016 there were 6 administrations in the state ! The state goes to elections next year, so a good decision in my opinion. Himachal too is headed for vidhaan sabha elections next year, and Jairam Thakur is not just unpopular but lacks any personality so it will be a wise idea to replace him especially given the state's propensity to elect INC and BJP alternatively. Khattar is a tenacious guy and held on to power against all odds, the chances of him coming to power next time is less than 0 but whether BJP will risk removing him given that Haryana is the epicenter of farmers agitation is to be seen.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

JE Menon and I wrote an article in Swarajyamag analyzing the V-Dem ranking of countries, where India rated as 'Elected Autocracy':
An Analysis Of The V-Dem Data On The Decline of Democracy In India Reveals Interesting Insights—About V-Dem

The article is a purely a review of their raw data with some insightful commentary.