Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Well said!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For those interested: Updated SUTRA model to various countries, including India's second wave, is found here..
https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.09158
Last revised 26 Jun 2021 (this version, v3)]
SUTRA: A Novel Approach to Modelling Pandemics with Asymptomatic and Undetected Patients, and Applications to COVID-19
Manindra Agrawal, Madhuri Kanitkar, Mathukumalli Vidyasagar

In this paper, we present a new mathematical model for pandemics that have asymptomatic patients many of whom remain undetected, called SUTRA. The acronym stands for Susceptible, Undetected, Tested (positive), and Removed Approach. There are several novel features of our proposed model. First, whereas previous papers have divided the patient population into Asymptomatic and Infected, we have explicitly accounted for the fact that, due to contact tracing and other such protocols, some fraction of asymptomatic patients could also be detected; in addition, there would also be large numbers of undetected asymptomatic patients. Second, we have explicitly taken into account the spatial spread of a pandemic over time, through a parameter called "reach." Third, we present numerically stable methods for estimating the parameters in our model. We have applied our model to predict the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic in several countries. We present our predictions for countries with three quite distinct types of disease progression, namely: (i) countries where nearly all of population still remains outside the reach of the pandemic, (ii) countries where a reasonable fraction of population is both within and outside the reach, and (iii) countries where nearly all of population s within the reach of the pandemic. In all cases, the predictions closely match the actually observed outcomes.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Today: 35,94,115. :evil:
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^No. From 7PM to 7PM June 28 to 29, it is 4,027,412.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mort is correct. Just over 4m in the 24hr period. 116.8 million doses so far this month. Cumulatively 332.6 million doses. Should hit 120 million for the full month by EOD tomorrow.

Summary of Indian Vaccination Data Sources:
1. MoHFW website: Updated every day at approx 9am IST. It reports the final total till the end of the previous day. This is the most up to date cumulative figure at the start of any data (Indian time). It is updated 7 days a week.
2. PIB MoHFW: This is updated at around 9pm IST every day. It reports data up to 7pm that day. This data is partially reliable. The cumulative figure is what I use every day, since PRs are searchable. The daily figure here is unreliable - it almost never adds up to the difference over the previous 24hr PR, due to reporting lag. I recommend ignoring the daily figure and only ever tracking the day on day figure. PIB PRs are released for every day except Sunday.
3. CoWin dashboard : The cumulative figure here is NOT reliable - it is about 1-2 days behind MoHFW/PIB data. The best use of this site is to track intraday vaccination count growth. It starts updating around 12pm IST and updates through end of day to give a feel of how good the day is going. But I don't use any data from here since I can't get daily timestamped data to use.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Our world in data website appears to be 1-2 days behind what is being reported by MoHFW home page.

Also gaining traction from the fringes to the mainstream is that the US may have indirectly financed the Wuhan virology lab for gain of function research into developing this virus.

I’m beginning to wonder if the delta variant may have deliberately introduced into India for destabilizing it.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Yes ourworldindata is 2 days behind MoHFW , at least.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

I think we will see a drop in daily vaccinations and it will hover around the 4M Mark. Most people in cities have already gotten the first dose and people in rural and tier 3/4 areas are not that interested. The epidemic has died down and people are not bothered that much.

GoI needs to have a massive outreach campaign and rope in celebrities to get people out to get the jab
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

There are some worrying signs emerging since the lifting of covid restrictions. The number of cases this week in Kerala is more than last week on Sunday as well as Monday (week-over-week comparison). Why? I think it is due to insufficient testing infrastructure. Kerala's positivity rate is still dangerously high at 7 DMA of 10.4%. It is the only state with a double-digit positivity rate. Kerala has done well in terms of vaccination rate, 30% are vaccinated with at least one dose.

Next one Goa with a positivity rate of about 6.9%. Goa has one good thing going with it. It is the first state to achieve a >50% vaccination rate with at least one dose.

Maharashtra also seems to plateauing at over 9000 per day. It has a positivity rate of 4.2%. Vaccination rate - 21% with at least one dose.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Some views of the data:
* Two months of data shows that vaccination count ramps up in week 4 of each month. This is tied to the batched process of production, something the companies also have stated - there is a bias towards a significant part of production being available towards the end of of each month.
* Tuesdays are usually slow days, same for Thursdays. Wednesdays used to be too, but they have done better in the past couple of weeks.

I would hesitate to simply throw terms like 'vaccine hesitancy' about. It's a common trope used in conversation by the media that otherwise has very little competence at analyzing actual data - they instead depend on important sounding tropes like this. Vaccine hesitancy is not an easily quantifiable entity. Please avoid misusing or overusing the term. Ideally avoid its use altogether and turn the conversation around to focus on actual quantifiable information and actions.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

I dont think its vaccine hesitancy at all, in fact it is more of indifference combined with laziness in urban areas followed by fear of unknown in rural areas.

After speaking with (albeit a very small sample) people from native villages, the attitude ranges from who will waste time at the health centre to get the vaccine to its mostly an urban disease, us villagers are stronger type of attitude depending on who you talk to.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

A mass vaccination campaign needs dynamic policies, for different times, different demographics and geographical areas. This is the case anywhere. This is a general public policy problem. It is better to focus on particular groups and suggest how to tackle their vaccination.

For example, the demographic of urban MSME/stall owners is very different from the urban salaried class in terms of how the mechanics of vaccination can work. The latter can have mass drives organized at their workplaces, but the former are diffused and need area by area coverage of the urban areas.

There are many more such categories.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

They have to open up for 2nd doses early. They are currently doing 84 days.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

Here in the UKstan 2nd doses are now available earlier , mine was supposed to be July end but now I can get one tomorrow.
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

Suraj wrote: For example, the demographic of urban MSME/stall owners is very different from the urban salaried class in terms of how the mechanics of vaccination can work. The latter can have mass drives organized at their workplaces, but the former are diffused and need area by area coverage of the urban areas.

There are many more such categories.
Such differences are also visible in different vaccination rates between highly industrialized states (and urbanized) versus low industrialized states (and rural). UP and Bihar sit at the bottom in terms of vaccination rates. Both states have low industrialization as well as low urbanization. Other states Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, MP, Rajasthan have higher GDP per capita. They also have a lot higher industrialization, which supported more employer-based vaccination.

The regional difference in UP also shows the same patterns. Bundelkhand (districts around Jhansi) has lower vaccination rates than NCR, Lucknow, etc.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Vaccination of lower strata may require piece meal and/or incentives. They don't get sick leaves. Imagine vaccinating all wage earners of a single family in short time frame. No income if required to take few days off after vaccination.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

I think the slowdown this week is due to the shortage of vaccine at this instant. Take a look at the numbers in this press release of Tuesday morning:

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1731082

Only 78 lakh vaccines available with the states Tuesday morning, with 15 lakhs more on the way.

I have been watching these numbers in the 8am press release for a while now. This is the first time I have seen the total go below 1 crore. That is why I was expecting Tuesday vaccination numbers to come in low.

Out of these they used up 40 lakh doses on Tuesday, so not much left for Wednesday at this time.

Until the next big lot is released by one of the two manufacturers, the daily vaccination numbers will continue to be low.

I am hoping for Covishield to release a few crores quickly.

I am not confident of Covaxin being able to supply the contracted 5+ crore in July. I am hoping a miracle happens to prove me wrong.

Need 16 crore doses administered in July to take the numbers to 50 crores by end of July.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

As for how to increase the vaccine penetration among the 'hesitant', my view is let the supply be available first.

Then the local MPs/ MLAs/ District Officials/ NGOs will all have to get into the act to persuade the hesitant. Until then, vaccinate the ones who are willing and eager.

JM2c
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Kakkaji wrote:As for how to increase the vaccine penetration among the 'hesitant', my view is let the supply be available first.

Then the local MPs/ MLAs/ District Officials/ NGOs will all have to get into the act to persuade the hesitant. Until then, vaccinate the ones who are willing and eager.

JM2c
100% agree. Consistent vaccine supply is still the main bottleneck at this moment in time and that will take few more months to get fully sorted out.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The design of CoWin / Aarogya Setu has a relationship to how well supply related matters can be hidden. As far as I understand, it depends on the user to keep checking, i.e.

1. Register using mobile # and get OTP.
2. Fill in registration details using Aadhaar or other ID.
3. Look for availability and book.

Step 3 is a problem. People cannot keep doing that. CoWin needs to offer push notifications of availability so users can pick from what becomes available. Is any sort of notification mechanism available ? Users can perhaps choose venues and pick 'notify me when available here', then pick from dates when availability exists.

The US situation (Calif at least) was really bad in that sense. The central booking site was DoA, and people spent hours calling Walgreens/CVS/other pharmacies. The whole thing was an incredible mess and contributes to the extent to which US vaccination numbers have dropped so much lately, even though supplies have improved now.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Suraj wrote:
Step 3 is a problem. People cannot keep doing that. CoWin needs to offer push notifications of availability so users can pick from what becomes available. Is any sort of notification mechanism available ? Users can perhaps choose venues and pick 'notify me when available here', then pick from dates when availability exists.
Correct. This is not user friendly at all and this not at all about software design. This about ways of managing vaccine delivery targeting individuals notifying them by making sure folks register their preferred area of vaccination, giving them a window to call and book an appointment slot. Once booked walk-in and get the shot. If they folks don't turn up do not notify them of another slot availability till a month or so later.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Announcement by Bharat Biotech on the Procurement Process of Covaxin

During the past few weeks, there have been reports in the media at large misrepresenting the procurement process of COVAXIN®, in Brazil and other countries. We wish to provide the following clarification -

The procurement process for COVID-19 vaccines and several vaccines for routine immunization follow a common process which is widely accepted, and established in Industry

Based on a country’s requirement, the company receives a letter of intent (or MOU) for procurement

The company then proceeds to apply for emergency use authorization (EUA) in the respective country

Once EUA is received, the Ministry of Health (MOH) would proceed to place a firm order by releasing a purchase order, with the required initial quantities. In several countries, MOHs have placed orders for procurement prior to the approval of vaccines such as USA, EU, India, etc. However, procurement happens only post EUA

In order to secure a firm Purchase Order from the country, the company proceeds to raise a Pro Forma Invoice to the MOH, towards the supply of vaccine

Based on the invoice, the MOH pays the amount in advance

Once the payment is received, the company proceeds to supply the agreed quantities and within the agreed timelines

In the specific case of procurement of COVAXIN® by MOH Brazil, since the first meetings with MOH Brazil during Nov 2020, until 29th of June 2021, a step by step approach has been followed towards contracts, and regulatory approvals, during this ~ 8 long month long process. EUA received on 04 th June 2021. As of 29 th June 2021, Bharat Biotech has not received any advance payments nor supplied any vaccines to MOH Brazil. Bharat Biotech has followed a similar approach towards contracts, regulatory approvals and supplies in several countries worldwide, where COVAXIN® is being supplied successfully

The pricing of COVAXIN® has been clearly established between $15-20 per dose for supplies to Governments outside India. The pricing for Brazil has also been indicated at $ 15 per dose. Bharat Biotech has received advance payments from several other countries at the above price points, with supplies in process, pending approvals

Precisa Medicamentos is Bharat Biotech’s partner in Brazil, providing assistance, guidance and support with regulatory submissions, licensure, distribution, insurance, conduct of phase III clinicaltrials, etc. Bharat Biotech follows a similar partnership model in all countries, where its vaccines are supplied, as it does not have its own offices in these countries

Bharat Biotech and Precisa Medicamentos are conducting a 5000 subject phase III clinical trial in Brazil, which was recently approved by ANVISA. The trial will be conducted by the Albert Einstein Institute

Bharat Biotech has a large portfolio of 20 products which are exported to more than 123 countries and has thus far delivered more than 4 billion doses of vaccines across the world

Dr. Krishna Ella is a scientist, technocrat and first-generation entrepreneur educated in India and the United States. He completed his Undergraduate and Master’s degrees in Agriculture from India, and was conferred with PhD from the University of Wisconsin—Madison USA. He has also worked in the United States for several years before returning to India in 1996

Dr. Ella and his wife Mrs. Ella founded Bharat Biotech in 1996 with a mission to drive innovation and large-scale manufacturing in the field of human vaccines. Since then, Dr. Ella has also founded or acquired 13 other organizations. This includes Madison Biotech, which he founded in 2020 for the purpose of external R&D and sales and marketing of vaccines. More than 3,000 personnel are employed in 6 cities across all these organizations. We wish to dispel any notion or implication of any wrongdoing whatsoever, as all these are affiliate companies founded / acquired and operated by Dr. Krishna Ella

COVAXIN® Product Development – Towards a global Covid-19 vaccine

Bharat Biotech’s vaccine research, development, and manufacturing practices are driven by science and validated by empirical evidence. Its commitment to vaccine discovery data transparency has an impeccable record and has been proven with 10 scientific publications even with its newest COVID-19 Vaccine - COVAXIN®, covering all aspects of product development, within 12 months

COVAXIN® has been formulated to enable shipping and long-term storage at 2-8ºC, it does not need diluents or frozen storage conditions, thereby reducing infrastructure, distribution and logistics costs. It is also formulated to adhere to a multi-dose vial policy, thereby reducing open vial wastage, saving money for procurement agencies and governments alike

Bharat Biotech’s commitment to continuous improvement of COVAXIN® is currently under way with additional clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy in children between 2-18 years of age in India. Further, a clinical trial to determine the safety and immunogenicity of a booster dose is also in process. Several research activities are being carried out to study Variants of Concern and assess their suitability for follow-up booster doses

COVAXIN® has now received Emergency Use Authorizations in 16 countries including, Brazil, India, Philippines, Iran, Mexico, etc. with EUA’s in process in 50 countries worldwide. Bharat Biotech is indiscussions with WHO to obtain Emergency Use Listing for COVAXIN®. The product has been exported to several countries, with additional requests for supplies being received

Bharat Biotech has established COVAXIN® manufacturing at four facilities within India, and further expansion is in process to reach an annualized capacity of 1 billion doses by the end of 2021. Technology transfer activities are in progress to companies in the United States and other countries
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/cov ... 41174.html

NIH says covaxin neutralizes Delta variant.

News only covered by Indian agencies and no one else
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Suraj wrote: Step 3 is a problem. People cannot keep doing that. CoWin needs to offer push notifications of availability so users can pick from what becomes available. Is any sort of notification mechanism available ? Users can perhaps choose venues and pick 'notify me when available here', then pick from dates when availability exists.
Suraj sir, COWIN exposes API for that see this link

So there are third parties that have already built those push notifications. This Telegram channel is quite famous; I found the slot for my wife through this. It pushes notification on Telegram. The problem in my view is that because the GOI has made the API available as opposed to the complete push notification capabilities themselves, many people may not know about it.

Edit: Umang/Arogya Setu also seem to have that, as well as some whatsapp groups.
Last edited by saumitra_j on 30 Jun 2021 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
VickyAvinash
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VickyAvinash »

Suraj wrote:

One can also register on Umang app and get notifications. I have been receiving notifications for close to a month now this way and got slots for both doses of Covaxin thru Umang app.

Alternatively, PayTM app allows setting up of notifications and so does a number of Telegram groups integrated with Cowin portal via APIs.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

GoI has again amended vaccine procurement policy for Private enterprises...now they have to order and pay via CoWin portal only...comes in to effect from tomorrow...hopefully this won't result in artificial shortages
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

pgbhat wrote:
Suraj wrote:
Correct. This is not user friendly at all and this not at all about software design. This about ways of managing vaccine delivery targeting individuals notifying them by making sure folks register their preferred area of vaccination, giving them a window to call and book an appointment slot. Once booked walk-in and get the shot. If they folks don't turn up do not notify them of another slot availability till a month or so later.
Actually it is a matter of software design and arch. Push notifications for both android and iPhone is not easy, requires lot of work and lot of dollars.

Both Google and Android cloud will be happy to have CoWin push notifications. Imagine if 30 crore (300 million) register and get at least one push notification a day, that is 300 push notifications and for each notification if it is 0.1 cent that is 300k USD per day. <- A very nice sum of money on a daily basis. The opex is far far far far costlier than capex.

And more importantly, Google & Apple will get to see the data. And analytics on top of that. In one go, we have exposed 300 million users and their behaviour on proactive engagement to big tech.

So what is the solution for this?

1. Central government must have one giant cloud services data center in each state capital
2. State government must have a federated data center in each district
3. Push notifications for example can be made through above data center with only the last mile connectivity on google or apple platforms.
4. All government apps (state and national) can use the above cloud services. In fact, GOI can force both Apple and Google to open up their app stores to allow for public appstores where governance related apps (Cowin, aadhar, ...) can be hosted.

I am sure that NIC has the design wherewithal to pull the above off, provided there is money, focus and drive.

*And the it-vity companies in India must be made to fire all their managers who are big only on out-sourcing and not on product development and hire ppl who can do product development. Like moi.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Notifications need not be through app push infrastructure. Given every registration has a unique mobile number, a text would also work. An effective design would group people into cohorts so that when supplies become available, only a random group of availability + an overbooking factor are notified.

This is a yield management exercise, same as how airlines oversell seats. It's impossible to get this right not because of technology, but the behavior of people will keep evolving. There are two potential directions - one could undersell availability, which will increase wastage, or one can oversell, which would increase people being 'bumped'.

We can agree that eliminating wastage is the more urgent priority, so the next question is how to manage the psychological reaction to being bumped, in a positive way ? Here, some form of compensation (not necessarily cash) can help.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

The problem is deciding on software architecture before you decide what should be the work flow which would be beneficial for target population and would ensure effective delivery of vaccine for a given age group in a particular geographical position.

Vaccine delivery and logistics would not be then hostage to some lottery based system, which would be bombarded by millions of unsuccessful requests. This wastes time of people logging in and being on "vaccine watch" as well as infra resources fielding unnecessary web traffic.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the political thread

At long last, signs of some much needed testicular heft from the MEA

Won't recognise your vaccine certificates if you don't clear Covaxin, Covishield: India to EU

Won't recognise your vaccine certificates if you don't clear Covaxin, Covishield: India to EU

Jun 30, 2021

NEW DELHI: India will not recognise EU’s digital covid certificate until the EU includes Indian vaccines Covishield and Covaxin in the certificate.
In what is certainly the first diplomatic retaliatory move against vaccine nationalism, India has said it will only recognise EU digital covid certificate on a reciprocal basis. The EU “green Pass” is expected to come into effect from July 1.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

How long does a vaccine vial stay viable once opened? If it is under 8 hours, reserving the last hour of operation in a day for walk-in appointments on an as-available basis would help. Under such a system, all available shots would be reserved up front. Those that are not used because of no-shows or those that become available because of excess fill in the vial are used for walk-ins. If all available vaccines get consumed because too many people showed up before the last hour, all walk-ins would be turned away. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does happen regularly, some shots can be reserved for walk-ins.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

A text (SMS) is even more costly and relies on telco infrastructures which are generally segmented.

App push is there for a reason and there is reason why SMS exist. And one can have both solutions as well. It depends on how you want to engage your customers.

Airlines' the lost boarding seat problem is also avoided without any vaccine wastage. One can have segmented and federated targetting and app push notifications are ideal for that.

Point is any short-term solution will be buggy and a really scalable soln will take time and effort. Patience is not just a virtue but key. You can offer another solution, just note that if it is buggy it will turn off the very people you want to save.

One thing to understand that is with all its flaws CoWin app/platform is far better than even what the so-called first and second world countries have to offer. And another remarkable thing about the current GOI is that they follow up and take feedback and improve. They somehow have a long term strategy in mind and I will not be surprised that lessons learnt from CoWin will find its way back in future public health apps.

pgbhat'ji, lot of this developments are learn as you go. We desis are extremely thin on patience, easily go into a rona-dhona mode and matrix comparison and quick to jump and point out lacunae to get unnecessary attention.

CoWin is a winner when 50+ countries want to adopt it. Some 1st world nations do not have any vaccines leave alone an app to manage the vaccinations and some 2nd world country like US and fUK have worse issues than people point out with their CoWin app.

For example, when I got vaccinated, the portal could not even recognize the nearest pharmacy by pin (zip) code. And ppl had to travel miles to get vaccination. Now I regret it. If I had shown vaccine hesitancy, then I might have had a shot at several hundered thousand dollar prize money.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Day 166:

Day 165:

2,887,917 new vaccinations upto 7pm on 30 June 2021. A low number in the last 10 days or so.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

^^
There is definitely a vaccine shortage this week. Don't know how long it will last. The Govt is not coming clear with the reasons. But they are no longer putting out bombastic statements like 'we shall soon reach 1 crore vaccine doses per day'.

Are any previously confirmed appointments being canceled by CoWIN?
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Folks,
What is the situation currently for travelling from Europe to India ? I'm planning to visit my family in Aug, but seeing news reports that DGCA has blocked international flights.
Thank you.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

I think air bubble flights are still on, so you could in theory fly in as long as you have some justification. Just last week, Air France had re-started their CDG-MAA route, so some flights are still operating.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thank you Arshyam garu.

Meanwhile, Covid-19: 8 European countries include Covishield in 'green pass'
NEW DELHI: Amid the ongoing tussle between India and the European Union over the “green pass” for Covid vaccines, eight European countries have put Covishield on their list of approved vaccines, the Economic Times reported on Thursday.
Eight European countries — Germany, Slovenia, Austria, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Spain and Switzerland — have included Covishield on their list of approved vaccines. This means those inoculated with the Covishield vaccine will be exempted from travel curbs to these countries.
On Wednesday, India had said it would recognise EU’s digital Covid certificate on a reciprocal basis and would not accept it until the EU does the same for Indian vaccines — Covishield and Covaxin.

India, which had raised the issue with the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and France, had also asked EU member states to individually consider extending a similar exemption to those who have had Covishield and Covaxin jabs.

The 'green pass', which will be required for travel in the EU from July 1, will exempt those who have taken two doses of a vaccine from mandatory quarantine.

Issue blown out of proportion: Adar

Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla played down on Wednesday with Covishield not getting approved for the EU green pass, saying, “It is not a controversy at all. It’s been blown out of proportion,” reports Naomi Canton.

“The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is correct in asking us to apply, which we have through AstraZeneca a month ago, and that process has to take its time. In a month we are confident the EMA will approve Covishield. There is no reason not to as it is based on AstraZeneca data and our product is identical to AstraZeneca more or less,” Poonawalla said.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Indonesia will impose "emergency" coronavirus restrictions this week to battle an alarming surge in infections, President Joko Widodo said Thursday, as the country scrambles to avoid a collapse of its overwhelmed healthcare system https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 012521.cms

Indonesia already has lost over 2 dozen drs in a month from covid who were chinese vaccine vaccinated
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

Zydus covid vaccine shows 66.6% efficacy, applies for EUA

In the interim analysis, the pharmaceutical company said, the primary efficacy of the vaccine is 66.6% for symptomatic RT-PCR positive cases. The company further said that the vaccine is also “safe and very well tolerated" in the adolescent population in the 12-18 years age group.

No moderate case of covid-19 was observed in the vaccine arm post administration of the third dose suggesting 100% efficacy for moderate disease. No severe cases or deaths due to covid-19 occurred in the vaccine arm after administration the second dose of the vaccine," the company said in a statement.