2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Manish_P »

^ Agreed

Point is there should be uniformity in the enforcement and the impartial application of the law. No arbitrary interpretation based on an individuals judgement, which can be affected by caste, religion, sex, economic status etc.

Of course it precludes that the laws itself must be fair and they must be applicable equally to all, in the first place.

W.r.t your example of the old lady, was there any investigation about the genuiness of the accident (and therefore the liability of your insurance company) or was it a direct automatic payout?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

^^^Very well said. About old lady. I had insurance and insurance acted per law. It is not my problem if lady was making it up. Insurance has to get a copy of police report and negotiate with victim's insurance. Point. Police gives makes a report and based upon dictors report matter is solved. Again , it is not my problem.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Upholding law, application of law is fine
Society should live by the rules otherwise there is chaos fine agree to that.
But the interpretation of the law with more and more aberrant judgements is when problems crop up in the society.
As these will be recorded and referred to in future, worry is what happens then!
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^^ That's kind of the point isn't it.

It was not entirely your problem (except maybe the paying insurance premiums) precisely because of the due process of a fair investigation for assigning culpability and the quantum of penalty.

Else it's just some tax payer indirectly paying money to another, without any checks and balances, with public workers (police) and private employees (insurance employees) all happily getting their salaries in-between - no questions asked :D

If your insurance company finds that there are a lot of 'accidents' happening in front of your outlet they will likely do an internal investigation to identify the root cause. If they find or suspect that a lot of scamming is happening in the area, they might not agree to cover such cases or you might have to fork out more for the cover premiums or search for another insurer.

As the other poster mentioned, some laws (I think one example given was the law against atrocities on Dalits/SC/ST) apparently enable (or can be used to pressurise) the authorities to make arrests simply on the basis of preliminary FIR filed on the basis of accusation, without a proper investigation.

That unfairness and arbitrary interpretation is the cause of concern.
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

rsingh wrote:Courts and fear of courts are the reason for progress and quality of life in West. If I am following the law, I have nothing to fear.
Not always true. In India people don't get shot over a broken tail-light or putting their hands in glovebox. We can not adopt western model as it is. In those terms, we have better freedom than west. A villager can walk on a highway and reach his place, nobody would hurt him. We aren't supposed to hit a person even if he is coming from opposite direction on one way.

Good or bad, this is our way of life and it is more tolerant and humane than the west.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage ... ID=1743092
8,001 Janaushadhi Kendras opened as on 02.08.2021 covering all the districts of the country

Government enhances the incentive granted to storeowners from existing Rs. 2.50 lakh to up to Rs. 5.00 lakh
Posted On: 06 AUG 2021 12:28PM by PIB Delhi
Under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyajana (PMBJP), the Government has opened 8,001 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) as on 02.08.2021 covering all the districts of the country and aim to open about 10,500 Janaushadhi Kendras by March, 2025. The State Governments/UT Administrations have been requested from time to time to facilitate opening of Janaushadhi Kendras in the premises of Primary Healthcare Centers (PHCs)/Community Health Centers (CHCs)/Hospitals, including super specialty hospitals, by providing rent-free space within their premises. As on 2.8. 2021, about 1,012 Kendras are functioning inside Government’s premises.

The scheme was evaluated through a third party before considering its continuation. The recommendations made by the agency were duly considered and changes, as appropriate, made before obtaining approval of the Standing Finance Committee (SFC) for continuation of the scheme. Further, the performance/functioning of PMBJKs are periodically reviewed at the level of CEO of the Bureau as well as by the Executive and Governing Council of the Implementing Agency of the Scheme, viz., Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Taliban removes Nishan Sahib , Sikh religious flag from the roof of Gurdwara Thala Sahib , Chamkani , Paktia , Afghanistan.

Historical Gurdwara was visited by Sri Guru Nanak Dev.
via@sidhant

https://www.timesnownews.com/internatio ... rts/795574

meanwhile, back at the ranch........ rana ayub tweets

geedadh aur ghaddaron ka mela hai
Last edited by chetak on 06 Aug 2021 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Since there were some recent posts about the judiciary...

‘Sex with wife above the age of 15 is not rape’: Allahabad High Court grants bail to accused Ali in line with Muslim law
On Thursday (August 6), the Allahabad High Court in a verdict stated that sex with a minor ‘wife’ above the age of 15 will not be considered as ‘rape.’

The case was filed at the Bhojpur police station in Moradabad by the minor girl against her adult husband Khushabe Ali on charges of dowry, assault, criminal intimidation, and forced sex. The accused had then moved the High Court seeking bail in the case. While hearing the bail application of the husband accused of having sex with his minor wife, the Court ruled that it could not be held as ‘rape’. The verdict was given by Justice Md. Aslam of the Allahabad High Court.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

As wrong as it may seem the above judgement is as per the existing laws. India is one of the few countries that does not recognize marital rape unless the victim is below the age of 15. The MoWCD and the law ministry should amend the existing laws to recognize all forms of rape, be it within a marriage or outside of it.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Again, how come he married a minor in first place. Court had to ask this question and apply the law. Does Muslim law allow minor marriage law in India? Why ?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

SinghS wrote:
rsingh wrote:Courts and fear of courts are the reason for progress and quality of life in West. If I am following the law, I have nothing to fear.
Not always true. In India people don't get shot over a broken tail-light or putting their hands in glovebox. We can not adopt western model as it is. In those terms, we have better freedom than west. A villager can walk on a highway and reach his place, nobody would hurt him. We aren't supposed to hit a person even if he is coming from opposite direction on one way.

Good or bad, this is our way of life and it is more tolerant and humane than the west.
Walking on the road Highway is not freedom, it is testimony of lack of infrastructure. This is bebasi not freedom. Farmer is risking his life. Anyway I do not want to defend my post. It is self explanatory.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^ As I said earlier totally for fairness, uniformity and unambiguity of law. Point was why it is vocal for some sections and quiet for other sections.

Here is another one from the same Allahabad HC, today itself

No live-in relationship at cost of the social fabric of the country

Here also the court might well be technically correct. And the woman is not a minor, but no protection to her just because of her 'illegal' relationship status? And the cherry on top of the cake is the fine!
Last edited by Manish_P on 06 Aug 2021 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Manish_P wrote:^^ That's kind of the point isn't it.

It was not entirely your problem (except maybe the paying insurance premiums) precisely because of the due process of a fair investigation for assigning culpability and the quantum of penalty.

Else it's just some tax payer indirectly paying money to another, without any checks and balances, with public workers (police) and private employees (insurance employees) all happily getting their salaries in-between - no questions asked :D

If your insurance company finds that there are a lot of 'accidents' happening in front of your outlet they will likely do an internal investigation to identify the root cause. If they find or suspect that a lot of scamming is happening in the area, they might not agree to cover such cases or you might have to fork out more for the cover premiums or search for another insurer.

As the other poster mentioned, some laws (I think one example given was the law against atrocities on Dalits/SC/ST) apparently enable (or can be used to pressurise) the authorities to make arrests simply on the basis of preliminary FIR filed on the basis of accusation, without a proper investigation.

That unfairness and arbitrary interpretation is the cause of concern.
Have noticed that you used "if" in both of the sentences. There are scams in Muslim areas of Brusselabad but insurance agencies are no fools as you mentioned. But law is applied everywhere. Victim gets immediately relief. That is important.
And yes Insurance companies pay for employees.........who in-turn pay taxes and everybody gains. What is wrong with this?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

rsingh wrote:Again, how come he married a minor in first place. Court had to ask this question and apply the law. Does Muslim law allow minor marriage law in India? Why ?
Yes. As per Muslim personal law in India, a girl (and boy) can be married after attaining puberty which is 'presumed' to be on attaining 15 years age.

The 2006 Act of Prohibition of Child marriages is silent on personal laws.

Now some purely hypothetical technical questions,

A) suppose this girl gets divorced and within a year gets into a relationship with a non-Muslim who is 21 years old. Will she be considered a major or a minor?

b) Supposing that the two decide to get married then can the groom be arrested for underage marriage, assuming she has not converted?

C) Suppose that she converts just after her marriage, before attaining 18 years of age, then can the groom be arrested for marriage and sexual relations with a minor?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

rsingh wrote:
Have noticed that you used "if" in both of the sentences. There are scams in Muslim areas of Brusselabad but insurance agencies are no fools as you mentioned. But law is applied everywhere. Victim gets immediately relief. That is important.
And yes Insurance companies pay for employees.........who in-turn pay taxes and everybody gains. What is wrong with this?
I also used the 'else' part.

As in 'if' the law is not fair, uniform and applied AFTER due processes 'then' it is an issue.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Request to Mods - is there a dedicated thread for discussing of legal issues? Would like to move my above posts there. If not, request deletion of my last few posts, as they are OT for this particular thread. TIA.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Twitter takes down Rahul Gandhi's tweet that revealed identity of minor rape-murder victim's relatives

Read @ANI Story | https://aninews.in/news/national/genera ... 806235549/ #RahulGandhi #Twitter
via@ani_digital
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

China sent assassins to kill the Myanmar UN Ambassador to give the Myanmar military takeover legitimacy.

Though the military has taken over the country and "fired" the UN Ambassador, he remains recognized at the UN as Myanmar's rightful Ambassador.

They want him gone both Myanmar's military and China.

-----

FBI bust plot to kill Myanmar's UN Ambassador in New York

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fbi ... r-new-york
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

https://youtu.be/kByWlWvsRBg
Bakistani reporter trained bomb maker. I bet if you find any such reporter in India. He had bomb making traing. Watch aster 4:38. Salam.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://youtu.be/1h6EtSXGRlY
Here is another of our Baboos and Hizz Honors upholding the rule of law/contract.
Even if Gobermint sells GAIL/POWER CORP etc still wont be able to pay its ARG dues to itself!!
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Guys, cancel all rona dhona. Go yo Olumpic thread and enjoy. Bring out your finest whiskey, kiss your SHQ or GHQ. I am taking mine to one of the finest restaurants. There is nothing better more strategic issue then this today. Ram Ram ji.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

rsingh wrote:Guys, cancel all rona dhona. Go yo Olumpic thread and enjoy. Bring out your finest whiskey, kiss your SHQ or GHQ. I am taking mine to one of the finest restaurants. There is nothing better more strategic issue then this today. Ram Ram ji.
:mrgreen:
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

rsingh wrote:Guys, cancel all rona dhona. Go yo Olumpic thread and enjoy. Bring out your finest whiskey, kiss your SHQ or GHQ. I am taking mine to one of the finest restaurants. There is nothing better more strategic issue then this today. Ram Ram ji.
Careful, Singh Sahab... You don't want to hear "Oh ji woh to gold lekar aaya, tum mujhe kab lakay dogey" double whammy :D
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

I'm waiting for someone to ask for proof that Chopra really won a gold in a surgical strike in Japan.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

vimal wrote:I'm waiting for someone to ask for proof that Chopra really won a gold in a surgical strike in Japan.
:rotfl:
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Manish_P wrote:
Careful, Singh Sahab... You don't want to hear "Oh ji woh to gold lekar aaya, tum mujhe kab lakay dogey" double whammy :D
On thing I have learned from this thread is the concept of stratigical placement. SHQ is not interested in gold..... She wants diamond. This is a non-issue here'. So I am batting on dead pitch. No bouncers.
Admins please bear with me. Mein nashe mein hoon.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Pratyush wrote:
vimal wrote:I'm waiting for someone to ask for proof that Chopra really won a gold in a surgical strike in Japan.
:rotfl:
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Dhaval Patel @dhaval241086

Sports Budgets in Crs:

UPA under MMS:
2012-2013-₹1152
2013-2014-₹1219

NDA under PM
@narendramodi
:
2014-2015-₹1769
2017-2018-₹1943
2018-2019-₹2197
2019-2020-₹2776
2020-2021-₹2826
2021-2022-₹2596
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Manjinder Singh Sirsa
President, Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management committee | National Spokesman,
https://twitter.com/mssirsa/status/1423578296126607360

Sikhs all across the world are hurt by Taliban removing Nishan Sahib from historical Gurdwara Thala Sahib, which was visited by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Taliban’s action reflects grave threats to Sikhs’ religious freedom in Afghanistan.
Now is the time to prove the true Khalsa in them.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Looks like PAPPU's twitter account was locked/suspended because he wrote the names of the parents of Delhi's rape victim who is a minor.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 63493.html
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/ ... tes-725154
BJP's nation building (NEP with language choices to include at least on other indian language other than native language) has begun. NEP is being put into play.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Custodial torture, police atrocities still prevail in our society: CJI Ramana
via@ani_digital·20h

https://aninews.in/news/national/genera ... 808145944/
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

bharathp wrote:https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/ ... tes-725154
BJP's nation building (NEP with language choices to include at least on other indian language other than native language) has begun. NEP is being put into play.
Good start. This implementation announcement seems to be only for higher education (college level). Let us see if they come up with K-12 implementation soon. Not sure who in the KA sarkar is in charge of that.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

chetak wrote:
Custodial torture, police atrocities still prevail in our society: CJI Ramana
via@ani_digital·20h

https://aninews.in/news/national/genera ... 808145944/
kangana ranaut
bengal issues
both can be attributed to police atrocities.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

bharathp wrote:
kangana ranaut
bengal issues
both can be attributed to police atrocities.

issues are being cherry picked and conveniently hyped.

This is not about what you said, bharathp ji
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

chetak wrote:
chetak ji
one method of countering any of these pseduointellectuals is to use their own works/statements to pin them down.

if they say religous freedom is at loss, agree and point out Kashmiri pandits.
if they say everything is hindutva, agree and say rahul gandhi and mamta are now visiting temples
same here. use their laws/views to pin them down.

after all.. chaiwalla, chowkidaar are all their own sticks which we use to beat them.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

bharathp wrote:
chetak wrote:
chetak ji
one method of countering any of these pseduointellectuals is to use their own works/statements to pin them down.

if they say religous freedom is at loss, agree and point out Kashmiri pandits.
if they say everything is hindutva, agree and say rahul gandhi and mamta are now visiting temples
same here. use their laws/views to pin them down.

after all.. chaiwalla, chowkidaar are all their own sticks which we use to beat them.

Saar i have always agreed with sickularists when they say democracy khatre mein hai, and democracy backsliding. Congoons tying up with BIFs to bring down regime change is 'democracy in danger'. Media indulging into blind Modi hate, total blinding out Bengal post poll violence, selective cherry picking of issues, is all indicative of unhealthy democracy.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

what is this new caste census thing being bandied about. i am failing to understand where this is coming from.