Afghanistan News & Discussion - April 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Afghanistan News & Discussion - April 2016

Post by Aditya_V »

A flight has reached Delhi from Kabul but silence on how many Indians left in Afganistan, I am just wondering with Ergodan anti Iran comments sometime back, whether this is a scheme to attack Iran with Paki Turkish nexus with American American blessings.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid says in order to prevent looting and chaos their forces will enter some parts of Kabul, #Afghanistan & occupy outposts that have been evacuated by security forces. He asks the people to not panic from their entrance into the city: TOLOnews

the talibanis have not spoken the truth even once

how do the cheeni believe them when the talibanis say that they will not entertain the uyghurs.

Aren't these uyghurs, being musl!m$, a part of the ummah
Last edited by chetak on 15 Aug 2021 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The flight from Kabul seems to have bought in Afghan politicians.

News coming in that Kabul airport is in chaos.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

AshishA wrote:Now that they have freed all those prisoners held in various prisons across Afghanistan, where do you all think they are going to go?

I am pretty sure they are going to Kashmir.
Are we still 90s India? Why are people so afraid?

Let them come. They will become canon fodder target practice for the forces.
Last edited by ritesh on 15 Aug 2021 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
NeoStal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by NeoStal »

+1. India is not the India of 90s, Pakistan is not the Pakistan of 90s, Taliban is not the Taliban of 90s.We are much stronger than we were then and the latter two are probably weaker (relatively) than us.

In fact, this will be a forcing function to continue to improve our defense(holistically)
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

ritesh wrote:
AshishA wrote:Now that they have freed all those prisoners held in various prisons across Afghanistan, where do you all think they are going to go?

I am pretty sure they are going to Kashmir.
Are we still 90s India? Why are peoplel so afraid?

Let them come. They will become canon fodder target practice for the forces.
Well, if I am not wrong, the army had recently moved a large contingent of our forces from CI to Chinese border. Chinese will definitely want that decision to be reversed. Renewd insurgency may force us to do that.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ll-be-lost

“All of us older women have been talking about how hard it was as a woman in the old days,” she said. “I used to live in Kabul then and I remember how they beat the women and girls who left their homes without their burqas.”

Miriam, a young woman, was also out shopping after she said her husband forced her to go out to get herself a burqa. “My husband asked me to change the type of clothes I wear, and to start wearing the burqa so that the Taliban will pay less attention to me if I am outside,” she said, unhappy with the developments.

Days later, these women are already under Taliban control after Herat city fell to militant forces on Thursday. Shortly after the city fell, a Taliban declaration was circulated online and among Herat citizens informing women that wearing the burqa was now mandatory in all public spaces.

In Kabul, a sense of grief and panic has overwhelmed women in the Afghan capital. With two-thirds of the population under the age of 30, most women here have never lived under Taliban control.

In some households, the burqa has sparked divisive inter-generational conflicts. The parents of 26-year-old Habiba are begging her and her sisters to get a burqa before the Taliban enter the city, but she is resisting.

“My mother says we should buy a burqa. My parents are afraid of the Taliban. My mother thinks that one of the ways she can protect her daughters is to make them wear the burqa,” she says.

“But we have no burqa in our home, and I have no intention of getting one. I don’t want to hide behind a curtain-like cloth. If I wear the burqa, it means that I have accepted the Taliban’s government. I have given them the right to control me. Wearing a chador is the beginning of my sentence as a prisoner in my house. I’m afraid of losing the accomplishments I fought for so hard.”

If I accept the burqa, it will exercise power over me
Habiba, university student
Habiba is a university student, with her entire life ahead of her. Already there are reports of what the Taliban are doing to women in areas they now control: restricting their freedom of movement and seeking out those who have led public lives.

Habiba says that she, like many women in Kabul, is sick with worry over what is coming.

“I stay up late at night, sometimes till one or two in the morning, worrying about what will happen. I am afraid that because I am rejecting the burqa, soon I will have to stay at home and I will lose my independence and freedom.

“But if I accept the burqa, it will exercise power over me. I am not ready to let that happen.”

Many younger women in Kabul feel the same conflicting sense of despair and defiance. Amul, a model and designer, has worked for years to establish a small business and now she sees it heading towards obliteration.

That's how it was in Panjab under the Khalistani Taliban reign.

Hindu women spent years being forbidden to venture out of the house. A fair skinned, good looking, Brahmin woman would be trofeo for them.

These Afghan women remind me much of some of my cousins.

But the GOI in its wisdom disregards this highly vulnerable population and is pursuing its CAA agenda. The Sikhs have told you in no uncertain terms: they do not need or want the CAA, they are monotheists and include Allah in their holy book.

Meanwhile these women wait to be crushed, violated and killed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

as far as the US goes, who is in the wheelhouse steering the ship of state

uncle joe has sent troops to afghanistan to aid in withdrawal of troops.

How exactly does this sound to a dispassionate observer

But isn't it the harsh and demented truth of US foreign policy
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The current US administration is responsible for the chaos of this precipitous pull out. They’ve hand a gift to the Pakis on a silver platter.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It is unfathomable. Beaten by a country that is reduced to eating locusts.

But they’ll be back. Read Christine Fair’s Twitter. The rage the hate. So much for the detached think tank scholar.

To be fair to Fair, she mentioned a brother in the US military, if I recall correctly.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is how deluded the ameriki leadership was being told to think just a few days ago

not even a peep so far, out of mylapore maami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7xwsMfUgE

Biden: 'It Is Not Inevitable' That Taliban Takes Over Afghanistan

In response to reporter questions about the Taliban’s future in Afghanistan, President Biden said, “I trust the capacity of the Afghan military, who is better trained, better equipped, and more competent in terms of conducting war.”

he was not told that the afghan military lacked spine and could not muster even just one testimonial among the entire lot of 300,000 of them

The taliban - whom he doesn’t trust, have just recently got their hands on U.S. weapons which were left behind. The afghan army is overwhelmed with how fast the "ragtag" taliban has advanced..
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

That was another day, another war:
...When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier...
Rudyard Kipling
Gautam
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

Afghan military did not lack spine. They have no reason to fight taliban. This is the real truth in my opinion. Whole world is trying to teach civilizational values to the people who don't see any value in it.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

+108. All the discourse assumed that a good majority of Afghan population wanted to be a modern republic, when in truth there is no such core left. Both Pak and Afg areas are to be treated like the cancerous sores they are to be isolated and given intense radiation therapy. Contrary to the views espoused by I'm the Dhim, only possible solution is military - full reset will take many years but if you continue to shoot all the mad dogs at the border as IA does it will happen.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

In my 2 paisa opinion, Only Stalinist USSR could have straightened out Afghanistan. Today I don't think anyone can match the brutality that is required to put down rogue states like Afghanistan and Pakistan.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

^Well don't forget Xi's "re-education" camps :mrgreen:
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Pakistan is a classic example of perseverance pays. Despite much going wrong for them, their focus has always been on their strategic aims. khalistan is back to haunt India & Taliban in Afg. Ind-Pak ceasefire will break as soon as Afg takeover is complete. We played to their tune
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

AdityaM wrote:Pakistan is a classic example of perseverance pays. Despite much going wrong for them, their focus has always been on their strategic aims. khalistan is back to haunt India & Taliban in Afg. Ind-Pak ceasefire will break as soon as Afg takeover is complete. We played to their tune
The army rules them so there is continuity in strategic thought. They don’t have civilians telling them to shutdown India desk.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SinghS wrote:Afghan military did not lack spine. They have no reason to fight taliban. This is the real truth in my opinion. Whole world is trying to teach civilizational values to the people who don't see any value in it.
The difference between "didn't" and "couldn't" is just academic because the end result of both is the same. In the end, the ANA just cut and ran.

It matters not a whit if the ANA "soldiers" thought that ammijan was calling out to them to come and get dinner so they ran or they pissed their shalwars and ran but run they surely did. They are not civilians who have a choice but professional soldiers, well trained in the profession of arms and sworn to protect their country and people

The afghans took with both hands from everyone while the going was good. It is the ummah trait of deep entitlement and it naturally feeds into another great ummah belief that everyone has wronged them since time immemorial and so they are owed.

they lie by religion (taqiya), cheat by culture, grow narcotics and smuggle them around the world driven by greed, trapping and making addicts out of kids and killing them in the thousands.

the afghans will now look for the next fool to step in and look after them
Last edited by chetak on 16 Aug 2021 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

vimal wrote:
AdityaM wrote:Pakistan is a classic example of perseverance pays. Despite much going wrong for them, their focus has always been on their strategic aims. khalistan is back to haunt India & Taliban in Afg. Ind-Pak ceasefire will break as soon as Afg takeover is complete. We played to their tune
The army rules them so there is continuity in strategic thought. They don’t have civilians telling them to shutdown India desk.
Their army has a continuity in their strategic aims and objectives.
And Ours ?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

SinghS wrote:Afghan military did not lack spine. They have no reason to fight taliban. This is the real truth in my opinion. Whole world is trying to teach civilizational values to the people who don't see any value in it.
If they had no reason to fight the taliban then they should have joined the taliban and not the ANA. We are not talking about some ragtag cavemen but young men with education, formal military training many of whom are officers. It is understandable if one fights and falls but it is baffling when you surrender province after province and city after city without firing a single bullet.

As for the dhoti shivering about "ab kya hoga humara", what exactly are we worried about ? Did Pakistan have a shortage of canon fodder jihadis to push across the border all these years ? Or are we delusional enough to believe the ceasefire on LOC will hold forever ? Nothing changes for us, there isn't a day when IA is not alert about possible infiltration or shelling from the pakis . And even when we had 1/10th of our current economy it was not uncommon to come across uzbekis, tajakis , afghanis among pakis trying to sneak across the border, we ensured they didn't miss their dates with 72 virgins then and we'll make sure they keep their meeting with hoors in jannat in future too. On the other hand if i was Pakistan i'd be plenty worried before crowing to the world about "islami supremacy defeating yet another super power!". Lets not forget as recent as Apr/May of this year Pakistan was paralyzed for days by violent protests and in November Tehrek-e-Labbaik damn near choked every city ! They'll all be energized and charged to take Pakistan to its true destiny - a 6th century hell hole. The road to Srinagar passes through Islamabad.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

AdityaM wrote:
vimal wrote: The army rules them so there is continuity in strategic thought. They don’t have civilians telling them to shutdown India desk.
Their army has a continuity in their strategic aims and objectives.
And Ours ?
the pakis are going to wind up in the FATF blacklist soon.

Their erstwhile patrons, UK and the US, as well as, their current one the cheeni are exceptionally vengeful enemies to have.

It was the UK and the US who kept them out of the blacklist so far but the paki created afghanistan mess may be the last straw that finally broke the camel's back.

and with afghanistan jettisoned, the UK and the US, along with the rest of the goras will not pay them a red cent.

The goras will increase surveillance of the paki and afghan state by using both cheaply available paki/afghan humint and high tech satellite/drones eavesdropping and watching remotely

china may well be the next whale that the afghan/paki/taliban combo will hunt down
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Is uncle joe being setup to take the fall....

Biden orders 1,000 more troops to aid Afghanistan departure

earlier 5000 + 1000 = 6000 troops committed so far

Meanwhile, the paki-taliban will extract huge moneys from the trapped amerikis
Last edited by chetak on 16 Aug 2021 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

I am not sure US has the kind of institutional memory or appetite, they seem to be very transactional and that is the Achilles heel as well as their strength. Strength in that they have no qualms spinning utter defeat into something like a mixed success, weak spot in that they can be continually exploited by Pakis or others.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Our C17's on their way to Kabul. No idea whom are they picking up. The Kabul airport is now in total chaos.

https://twitter.com/GDarkconrad/status/ ... 8071976963
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Has our Ambassador evacuated or is he still there?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Chaotic scenes out of Kabul airport, people in a stampede to get to planes, any planes ! What a colossal epic failure of US policies and US military in Afghanistan. This taliban v2.0 looks far more media savvy than the taliban v1.0 which gives me hope that they'll refuse to be total puppets of the ISI. They havent destroyed any of the captured buildings *yet* and are asking countries to recognize them as a legitimate government. Like i said few pages ago, if they play their cards right they can out paki the pakis and roll in billions !
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/stat ... 73347?s=20 --->

Two iconic images clicked 45 years apart. The US Embassy staff fleeing from Saigon (top) and Kabul (bottom).

Never trust a friend who leaves you saying he'll be back - Old Vietnamese saying.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

guess who's having crow for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few days

and also guess, whose woke channel platformed the "forces of darkness" taliban just a few days ago during prime time.

Not since the Nazi blitzkrieg of 1939 has there been a complete collapse in front of the forces of darkness like this.
The world is helplessly standing by and watching. This was a predictable disaster once Biden had made a terrible mistake by announcing a policy of scuttle.
viaVikram Chandra@vikramchandra 1:36 PM · Aug 15, 2021

Last edited by chetak on 16 Aug 2021 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

ISI trying to ensure the words “Islamic emirate of…” is kept out.

This is a Pak mil operation and at some point this will be exposed.

Taleban and ISI media managers are trying to build an image of inclusivity. Let’s see how long that lasts…
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^The intention is to ensure it lasts so that TSP's Chinese atim bums can be safely stored in hardened caves.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The bunnies giving out interview to AlZ have a trigger discipline found on Pak troop/ SSG photos. Either the ones standing are Pak regular/SSG or trained by the lot.

DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

Agreed, and I wouldn't be too high-browed about "civilizational values" either. They don't see any value in it because it hasn't been of value for them for many generations. What has been of immense value is to be on the winning side of a fight, and right now that's the Taliban.

The Taliban are consisted of humans like any of us. If they can manage to stabilize Afg, it's just a matter of time before they start sharing some similar values as the rest of the world. It may take many decades, and it won't be the exact same values, but it'll happen. Stability needs to happen first though. People on the population level will always be savages when their survival is threatened, and that goes for every population be it American, Indian, Chinese, Afghani, or otherwise.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Naa..regular bunnies, i dont see any pakjabis in them. Like i said, this taliban v2.0 is quite media savvy, you should look up the images of their "special forces" ( i have posted a picture below), their gear is better than what our guys have. These guys are not like their dads taliban of the 80s and 90s, the new ones want a seat in the UN, have consulates and get aid and development funds.

shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Now that Kabul has been almost taken, ISI and Taleban are now on the look out for NDS officials.. so far one has been murdered..

US bringing in more troops to secure the airport as things getting out of hand.. UK were sending 800 but no sign of them

There is an international coalition building to put sanctions on Afghanistan and not to recognize the taliban. Wait and watch… moves are afoot

With convicted terrorists on the lose US/NATO will have to take some steps
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

All it takes for the whole situation to go south is probably a crazed drugged up freed convict Talibunnies killing a few Americans. I wonder how much of a control the leaders have on their foot soldiers?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

IAF C17 just entered Afghan airspace on a rescue mission..
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Was the Soviet withdrawal chaotic, inept and humiliating?

And please don’t quote Time magazine.
ranneel
BRFite

Post by ranneel »

What do you think the reprecursions of this could be for India ?
One thing i could think is the weapons and sophisticated hardware getting into the hands of abduls eagerly waiting to get into India.
This might also give TTP some breathing room to regroup and maybe recruit more abduls. I hear the Afghan Taliban and TTP are not on friendly terms but this event should be limit the TTP from operating from Afghanistan.It definitely gives them more space within Afghanistan though.
Vinod Ji
BRFite

Post by Vinod Ji »

Some similarities with iran revolution ..
Ruler goes
Taken over by moderate faces..
Real rulers search and kill 100s"budhi jivi" special mulla court
Than hard core takes over with a concrete baton
And after four decades country is ruined but hard core is still ruling..