2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Ambar »

Brown sahib speaketh ! Not entirely surprised that it was hosted by NALSAR university. Right from the beginning when the assorted BIF on twitter began tweeting about a "earth shaking reveal" the day before the Pegasus story broke one should have known the course it will take. When they realized that this so-called "scandal of the century" failed to gain traction and fell flat on its face, the usual culprits approached the supreme court, which ofcourse while still sitting on 6 decade old cases was all too glad to setup a commission to hear on this non-matter. Their end goal is the same , keep Modi and BJP on a shaky wicket until the next elections and if they are unable to shift the narrative by then use the courts to block the public mandate.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

News Arena
@NewsArenaIndia
Spain based Punjabi businessman Amrik Singh was not allowed entry in India as he was sponsoring protests in Delhi.
He is second person who was denied entry in India for such activities.

Added later:
Here is why NRI Darshan Singh Dhaliwal and Amrik Singh’s entry denial to India is completely justified
Authorities at the Indira Gandhi International airport in the national capital have denied entry and deported Darshan Singh Dhaliwal to the US on the same flight on the intervening night of October 23-24
https://www.opindia.com/2021/10/nri-dar ... justified/
Last edited by sanjayc on 30 Oct 2021 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

^^ Next logical step should be to apply uapa and start confiscating their property and ensuring all their business going concern to be sealed. At least their dana pani generation in India should be completely stopped.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Prem Kumar wrote:
Vips wrote:
You cannot defeat Babudom. The beauraucrats can stall movement of any file/project by quoting a section or sub section of a rule and law applying to that project or department.

Thing to do is to drastically do away the number of rules/laws(especially procedural) that can be used to stall a project.
One way to stop this is to have an SLA (Service Level Agreement) on file clearance, i.e. 95% of all files will be cleared in X number of days. Not more than 10% of files can go to the next level etc. If you want to take it up a notch, you can even survey the public if their grievance was resolved satisfactorily in a timely manner (via say the NaMo app or some other mechanism).
There have been some improvements in various departments, that Gati Shakti is taking to the next level. For example, some (central govt) departmental procedures have been tweaked to impose a time limit on each stage, beyond which, the file is deemed to be approved at that stage. If a babu wants to hold the file beyond the limit, (s)he needs to add an official notation explaining the reason for their delaying, so it goes on the record. So it becomes easier to pin blame on inordinate delays. Similarly, site/factory inspections cannot be done at a whim like it used to be done before. Officials are required to provide a reason for an out-of-turn inspection*. Yes, there are still ways to get creative, but overall, things have started moving.

* These two points were given to me by a export business owner a few months ago. They could be anecdotal, but I am not surprised by hearing such things.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

No wonder RSS / BJP is in crosshairs of west:
8500 Sikhs Gharwapsi to Mother religion Sikhism. RSS arrenges entire process...
https://twitter.com/nandaji1958/status/ ... UL8aA&s=19
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

kit wrote:
Vips wrote:
You cannot defeat Babudom. The bureaucrats can stall movement of any file/project by quoting a section or sub section of a rule and law applying to that project or department.

Thing to do is to drastically do away the number of rules/laws(especially procedural) that can be used to stall a project.
Aha. Thats the point. Now only four people are accountable. You know who exactly is performing or going against the policies.
Also , All such sections/sub sections used for delaying purposes will also be recorded for future exercises of simplifying laws/rules.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

I know that the image is dated but it brings me back to the point of "shatrubodh", a concept that is ignored because of the prithviraj chauhan syndrome and the "log kya kahenge" corrollary.

ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

chetak wrote:I know that the image is dated but it brings me back to the point of "shatrubodh", a concept that is ignored because of the prithviraj chauhan syndrome and the "log kya kahenge" corrollary.

He will / have to do takia since he fought the election from Lucknow where there is a sizeable peacefool pop of shia variety. However, do these worthies really think they can continue with their shenigans if and when a strong hindu rival emerge on the scene.

Till then goodluck with devil and deep sea option staring us Sanatanis.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Modi and Yogi's mantras have reached even the tier 2/3 and rural populations

there is still hope that these guys will realize whom to vote for again and why

Watch this guy

WATCH VIDEO
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

"Contrary to all ongoing propaganda, only 6 people died during recent violence of which 4 were Muslims, killed during encounters with law enforcing authorities & 2 were Hindus," reads a statement of Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen on recent violence incidents
viaANI@ANI 7:13 am · 29 Oct 2021

rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Some interesting points raised here

salient points:
1) why did our first governor general, Rajgopala Chari and PM nehru take oath in the name of english king? Also govt does not answer the RTI on very basic questions on our independence which we are told that we achieved on Aug-15-1947
2) Govt confirming in 1953 that we were still the subjects of british
3) british queen comes in to India with out visa or passport.
4) coronation park in new delhi still has brit kings statues and govt does not respond to RTI as to who pays for the upkeep of the park.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Clever dishonest amalgam aka Taqiyya.

Tolerance is a favour not a right. Mass prayers in public places that don't belong to your religious denomination is a political act, has nothing to do with spirituality.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Clever dishonest amalgam aka Taqiyya.

Tolerance is a favour not a right. Mass prayers in public places that don't belong to your religious denomination is a political act, has nothing to do with spirituality.

he is throwing the malice of existing reality in your face and is saying that there is buggerall that any Hindu can do about it

this is civilizational spite and cultural malevolence, pure and simple.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is the odious article in full

Namaz isn’t an anti-Hindu act. Time for every Indian to defend Islam

Hindutva politics has conjured up new claims to target the most sensitive aspects of the Muslim psyche. It wants to provoke a collective response.

HILAL AHMED
29 October, 2021

A man offers namaz on the empty roads near Jama Masjid | Photo: Suraj Singh Bisht | ThePrint

The aggressive Hindutva campaign to interrupt a peaceful assembly of Muslim worshippers performing Namaz, especially in Gurugram, upsets me deeply. It goes against the two crucial principles I always cherish: my spiritual faith in almighty Allah and my belief in the Gandhian ideal of ‘sarvdharm sambhav‘.

As a practicing Muslim, my Namaz has always been a reflection of my commitment to spirituality. My colleagues, friends, teachers, and students have always been encouraging. No one has ever found it anti-Hindu or anti-India. Even unknown people, mostly Hindus, pay respect to my Namaz. This was so heartening that I was able to offer Namaz in moving trains, on busy streets, in the corridors of hospitals, and even inside the functional Hindu temples.

As a researcher, I have made equally reassuring discoveries. The CSDS-NES survey 2019 and the recent Pew study on religion in India confirm that an overwhelming majority of Hindus still respect Islam as an Indian religion. In fact, it is strongly asserted that a Hindu cannot be recognised as a ‘good Hindu’ if they do not respect other religions of India, including Islam.

So, what has changed? What has prompted Hindu communalism to problematise Namaz as an anti-Hindu phenomenon?

Also Read: Politics over namaz inside historic Taj mosque likely to survive beyond 2019

Why Namaz?
It is important to note that the Namaz (Salat in Arabic) is one of the five pillars of Islam (the other four are Shahad, Saum/Roza, Zakat, and Hajj). Yet, it has become the most important performative religious activity.

The rise of Tablighi Jamaat in India as the most powerful Sunni religious reform movement in recent years also contributed significantly to this process. There is a strong belief among Sunni Muslim communities that Namaz is the only criterion to evaluate a person’s moral-religious character as a Muslim.

This renewed emphasis on Namaz actually has led to two crucial developments. First, the number of Muslim namazis (worshippers) has increased in an unprecedented manner. The mosque space becomes insufficient to accommodate this ever-increasing number, especially in big cities and towns. As a result, a new trajectory of mosque-building has begun. These new mosques are beginning to function as new symbols of Islamic religiosity.

Second, rural-urban labour migration also played a significant role in the public demonstration of Namaz-centric religiosity. Muslim labourers, artisans, skilled and semi-skilled workers, who are employed in various factories and firms located in the industrial zones do not have proper mosques. The working-class Muslim population eventually offer Namaz on open spaces and roads, especially on Fridays.

This visible Muslim presence has been a symbol of Indian secularism for a long time. It corresponds to the Gandhian imagination of sarvdharma sambhav as well as the Nehruvian conception of ‘unity in diversity’.

Also Read: Muslims must give up azaan by loudspeakers. Even Prophet would have rejected it

Namazis as new untouchables
Hindutva politics, however, always find it difficult to have a convincing position on the practice of Namaz. That was the reason the act of Namaz was not used more directly to underline Hindu victimhood. The standard Hindutva argument that “all Indians are Hindus though our patterns of worship differ” is always evoked to legitimise this Hindutva unease.

The attitude of Hindus towards Namaz was another crucial reason behind Hindutva’s strategic silence on this issue. It was difficult for a Hindutva group to demonise Muslims only because they were offering Namaz. For a common Hindu, Namaz is not different from any other Hindu religious practice. It is envisaged as a spiritual manifestation of belief in dharma.

The public manifestations of Namaz-centric Muslim religiosity — green minarets of recently rebuilt mosques sharing the city sky with flyovers and metro tracks, Muslim congregations on busy roads, and the loud sound of Azan — however, was a different phenomenon. It offered three new possibilities to Hindutva politics to focus entirely on Namaz in the post-Ram temple context. First, it became easier for them to justify the old Hindutva claim that Muslims’ adherence to Allah does not permit them to embrace nation-worship. Hence, they have to prove their loyalty. Congregational Namaz on roads are actually treated as convincing evidence in this regard.

Second, the act of Namaz has been reconceptualised as an antithesis of Hindu religious practices, as if performing Namaz in a Hindu place of worship is not permissible. This is exactly what Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal argue in Uttarakhand.

They went on to submit a memorandum to the Uttarakhand Cabinet Minister demanding “a probe into allegations that some Muslim labourers offered namaz at Badrinath Dham on Eid-ul-Adha”. In this case, the old Brahminical purity argument that the entry of untouchables would pollute Hindu temples is reconfigured to exclude Muslims.

The third possibility is entirely class-driven. Namaz on roads was shown to be a serious traffic concern as it disturbed the normal pace of hectic urban life. This was a persuasive claim that had the potential to influence the educated urban middle classes.

Also Read: Why UP police order to ban public Namaz should not have been revoked

The secular Indian elite
The rigid secularism of the Indian elite has always been a source of their anti-poor/anti-caste stereotypes. A person who believes that reservation undermines merit, Indian needs military rule, and population growth is the only social problem of the country, will obviously get attracted to this Hindutva argument.

These three new claims — the oneness of Allah as an anti-thesis of nationalism, Namaz as an impure, anti-Hindu act, and Namaz as a crisis in urban spaces — help Hindutva politics touch upon the most sensitive aspect of the Muslim psyche. The purpose is to provoke Muslims to react as a collective, simply to legitimise Hindu victimhood.

No one knows how Muslim communities would respond to this new, unsettling campaign against Namaz. Personally, I do not wish to take refuge in the typical legal-secular argument that offering Namaz is my fundamental right as a citizen. Instead, I would like to reiterate my commitment in what I understand as the ‘Hindu ethos’. I am confident that my Hindu friends will definitely defend their faith in Islam as an Indian religion.

Hilal Ahmed is a scholar of political Islam and associate professor at Centre for the Study of Developing Societies. Views are personal.

(Edited by Srinjoy Dey)
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

No one is stopping them from performing namaz, the gripe is with them doing this on public roads and highways disrupting lives, traffic and business. Let him try and do the same in Dubai or Doha or even Mecca and he'll have his "ummat" shoved down his throat !
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

That’s not true.

He’ll have it shoved up his a$$.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like fuel prices have hit 120 iNR in certain parts of the country...coming to a our town soon is the phrase going around in twitter. No need to elaborate the vitriol on TBHP on fuel prices (inevitably the discussion becomes bashing of NaMo/Current admin) but the pinch is real...folks are talking about it...perhaps not as vocal as bunch on TBHP or post on forums like here and statements like this ain't gonna help

People will have to accept inflation; can't ask for decade-old fuel prices: BJP minister
Bhopal: In yet another shocking statement from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), a Madhya Pradesh minister on Sunday said that people will have to accept inflation and they cannot ask for decade-old fuel prices.

Madhya Pradesh Minister Mahendra Singh Sisodia stoked a controversy saying since the income of people has increased, they will have to accept the rising prices of commodities as well.

When asked about the rising fuel prices in the state, the MP minister replied, "Hasn't the income of the common man increased? Govt can't give everything for free. The govt's entire revenue collection comes from fuel. All schemes are funded by oil revenue."

"People should understand that if their income is rising, then they will have to accept inflation also. You can't say that you were earning Rs 6,000 ten years ago but now earning Rs 50,000 but want petrol diesel on same rates as 10 years ago. This is not possible at all," he added.
At least in my industry, many people who have gotten laid off are yet to find jobs or have found opportunities but are underpaid and rise in everyday prices are hurting people...

I am hopeful that during coming UP elections, the uptick on fuel prices will be arrested...
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

If you read some of the posts it is apparently all a part of a grand chanakian strategy, inflation is a state of mind and Nirmala Tai is the mixed reincarnation of Friedrich Hayek and Milton Friedman ! It is not just the fuel prices, but cooking gas now is > Rs 910 per cylinder , so its not only the weekend revelers in their gas thirsty motorcycles or suvs who are feeling the pinch but also the middle class housewife who has to balance the budget.

Teambhp is a den of ultra-pretentious, mostly Bangalore based , middle-management IT crowd who are wannabe globalists and go out of their way to complain about one thing or another when they are not busy celebrating the birthdays & mundans of their cars/bikes with cakes and balloons . That said they are right on this matter that the government is testing the patience of its citizens with such absurd policies. The govt is systematically killing the consumption, harming small and medium sized industries and worsening the food security of hundreds of millions. The preposterous energy policy is one of the several baffling ill-thought out decisions the current administration has taken in the recent times. Look at the recent decision by Min.of Railways to take 50% of convenience fees charged by IRCTC and reversing it after the furor. Or the same railways increasing platform tickets by 400% saying it was for "crowd control" and now making it permanent. Yesterday the DGCA yet again extended the ban on international flights sighting covid as the reason. This is when the country is fully open, mask mandates have mostly collapsed and enough international flights come in through "air bubbles" anyways.

Modi scoffed at the bureaucrats at the beginning of his 2nd term saying "you wasted 5 yrs of my time, i won't let you waste another 5 yrs". Well, if it isn't the babus who are throwing a spanner at his work, then it is his own cabinet who are doing their best to topple the government.

Btw, if someone wants to compared the price of commodities between UPA-1 vs UPA-2 vs current prices, then here's a blog from 2009/10 where the guy writing the blog has average prices from 2004 and 2009.

http://matrubhoomiswabhimaan.blogspot.c ... _2970.html
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

As Baba Banarasi is taken Semi-seriously I am posting it in this thread:

TWITTER

@drapr007 :
This is the most tense situation along the LAC since 62.Anytime, anything can happen. East,west, north & south will have to be taken care of all the way. Extra vigilance is also needed in mountains,deserts & seas.The biggest thing-We need to unite as a responsible citizen of #Ind
https://twitter.com/drapr007/status/145 ... zxviw&s=19
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ritesh wrote:
chetak wrote:I know that the image is dated but it brings me back to the point of "shatrubodh", a concept that is ignored because of the prithviraj chauhan syndrome and the "log kya kahenge" corrollary.

He will / have to do takia since he fought the election from Lucknow where there is a sizeable peacefool pop of shia variety. However, do these worthies really think they can continue with their shenigans if and when a strong hindu rival emerge on the scene.

Till then goodluck with devil and deep sea option staring us Sanatanis.
Ritesh'ji and Chetak'ji, please the contents of the ToILET carefully. I am surprised that we put complete trust on #mediapimps and do not trust our own elected leaders! Why is that?

The title is definitely misleading and mischievous. If you read the article, Honble Raksha Mantri'ji tossed the question back to the #mediapimps. This is brilliant.

The #mediapimps wanted a soundbite that they will than play to create further division and outrage. They did not get that. So they twisted the headlines and are getting the outrage that they want.

Again please remember, #mediapimps thrive on whoring the news. Without that they will not be in business. ToILET is named such for a reason.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Small outrages are created everyday in India and then blown out of proportion. For a good reason, thats the way news work and thats their bread and butter. And they will be proud of it. I call them #mediapimps for a reason.

In all the brouhaha of kirket and kohli and his dawoodi moll and fireworks, this was missed

https://madrastribune.com/2021/10/31/in ... ndia-news/ *

* Note: News is syndicated by ToILET to Madras Tribune. Browser is blocking cut and paste of some quotes.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Disha:

This relates to what you have above, is front and center in the TOIlet website now:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 442268.cms
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Y I Patel wrote:Disha:

This relates to what you have above, is front and center in the TOIlet website now:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 442268.cms
Time to play hardball.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

chetak wrote:This is the odious article in full

Hindutva politics has conjured up new claims to target the most sensitive aspects of the Muslim psyche. It wants to provoke a collective response.

HILAL AHMED
29 October, 2021

A man offers namaz on the empty roads near Jama Masjid | Photo: Suraj Singh Bisht | ThePrint

The aggressive Hindutva campaign to interrupt a peaceful assembly of Muslim worshippers performing Namaz, especially in Gurugram, upsets me deeply. It goes against the two crucial principles I always cherish: my spiritual faith in almighty Allah and my belief in the Gandhian ideal of ‘sarvdharm sambhav‘.

As a practicing Muslim, my Namaz has always been a reflection of my commitment to spirituality. My colleagues, friends, teachers, and students have always been encouraging. No one has ever found it anti-Hindu or anti-India. Even unknown people, mostly Hindus, pay respect to my Namaz. This was so heartening that I was able to offer Namaz in moving trains, on busy streets, in the corridors of hospitals, and even inside the functional Hindu temples.

As a researcher, I have made equally reassuring discoveries. The CSDS-NES survey 2019 and the recent Pew study on religion in India confirm that an overwhelming majority of Hindus still respect Islam as an Indian religion. In fact, it is strongly asserted that a Hindu cannot be recognised as a ‘good Hindu’ if they do not respect other religions of India, including Islam.

So, what has changed? What has prompted Hindu communalism to problematise Namaz as an anti-Hindu phenomenon?

Also Read: Politics over namaz inside historic Taj mosque likely to survive beyond 2019

Why Namaz?
It is important to note that the Namaz (Salat in Arabic) is one of the five pillars of Islam (the other four are Shahad, Saum/Roza, Zakat, and Hajj). Yet, it has become the most important performative religious activity.

The rise of Tablighi Jamaat in India as the most powerful Sunni religious reform movement in recent years also contributed significantly to this process. There is a strong belief among Sunni Muslim communities that Namaz is the only criterion to evaluate a person’s moral-religious character as a Muslim.

This renewed emphasis on Namaz actually has led to two crucial developments. First, the number of Muslim namazis (worshippers) has increased in an unprecedented manner. The mosque space becomes insufficient to accommodate this ever-increasing number, especially in big cities and towns. As a result, a new trajectory of mosque-building has begun. These new mosques are beginning to function as new symbols of Islamic religiosity.

Second, rural-urban labour migration also played a significant role in the public demonstration of Namaz-centric religiosity. Muslim labourers, artisans, skilled and semi-skilled workers, who are employed in various factories and firms located in the industrial zones do not have proper mosques. The working-class Muslim population eventually offer Namaz on open spaces and roads, especially on Fridays.

This visible Muslim presence has been a symbol of Indian secularism for a long time. It corresponds to the Gandhian imagination of sarvdharma sambhav as well as the Nehruvian conception of ‘unity in diversity’.

Also Read: Muslims must give up azaan by loudspeakers. Even Prophet would have rejected it

Namazis as new untouchables
Hindutva politics, however, always find it difficult to have a convincing position on the practice of Namaz. That was the reason the act of Namaz was not used more directly to underline Hindu victimhood. The standard Hindutva argument that “all Indians are Hindus though our patterns of worship differ” is always evoked to legitimise this Hindutva unease.

The attitude of Hindus towards Namaz was another crucial reason behind Hindutva’s strategic silence on this issue. It was difficult for a Hindutva group to demonise Muslims only because they were offering Namaz. For a common Hindu, Namaz is not different from any other Hindu religious practice. It is envisaged as a spiritual manifestation of belief in dharma.

The public manifestations of Namaz-centric Muslim religiosity — green minarets of recently rebuilt mosques sharing the city sky with flyovers and metro tracks, Muslim congregations on busy roads, and the loud sound of Azan — however, was a different phenomenon. It offered three new possibilities to Hindutva politics to focus entirely on Namaz in the post-Ram temple context. First, it became easier for them to justify the old Hindutva claim that Muslims’ adherence to Allah does not permit them to embrace nation-worship. Hence, they have to prove their loyalty. Congregational Namaz on roads are actually treated as convincing evidence in this regard.

Second, the act of Namaz has been reconceptualised as an antithesis of Hindu religious practices, as if performing Namaz in a Hindu place of worship is not permissible. This is exactly what Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal argue in Uttarakhand.

They went on to submit a memorandum to the Uttarakhand Cabinet Minister demanding “a probe into allegations that some Muslim labourers offered namaz at Badrinath Dham on Eid-ul-Adha”. In this case, the old Brahminical purity argument that the entry of untouchables would pollute Hindu temples is reconfigured to exclude Muslims.

The third possibility is entirely class-driven. Namaz on roads was shown to be a serious traffic concern as it disturbed the normal pace of hectic urban life. This was a persuasive claim that had the potential to influence the educated urban middle classes.

Also Read: Why UP police order to ban public Namaz should not have been revoked

The secular Indian elite
The rigid secularism of the Indian elite has always been a source of their anti-poor/anti-caste stereotypes. A person who believes that reservation undermines merit, Indian needs military rule, and population growth is the only social problem of the country, will obviously get attracted to this Hindutva argument.

These three new claims — the oneness of Allah as an anti-thesis of nationalism, Namaz as an impure, anti-Hindu act, and Namaz as a crisis in urban spaces — help Hindutva politics touch upon the most sensitive aspect of the Muslim psyche. The purpose is to provoke Muslims to react as a collective, simply to legitimise Hindu victimhood.

No one knows how Muslim communities would respond to this new, unsettling campaign against Namaz. Personally, I do not wish to take refuge in the typical legal-secular argument that offering Namaz is my fundamental right as a citizen. Instead, I would like to reiterate my commitment in what I understand as the ‘Hindu ethos’. I am confident that my Hindu friends will definitely defend their faith in Islam as an Indian religion.

Hilal Ahmed is a scholar of political Islam and associate professor at Centre for the Study of Developing Societies. Views are personal.

(Edited by Srinjoy Dey)
Yes It is peaceful to perform NAMAZ.They want to use our liberals to write such articles. Hindu population has decreased in countries ruled by peaceful namajis.
Do our liberals ask this question
Bangladesh, Where are your missing Hindus 22% to 8%
Pakistan where are your Hindus 16% to 1.2%
Afganistan where are your Hindus almost zero

Is there any human right org that can ask these question. It simple cold blooded , slow genocide and nothing else.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

I have never seen a dharmic mob coming out rioting after a temple festival or maha-aarati or Ram leela ground.
But our peacefool biraders are all enraged and outraged and charged up to kill kufr is a given after every Friday namaz.
I wonder what is that they pray for ?? that makes them so crazy !!
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I love to doubt as well as to know.

-Dante

Often disingenuous questions are the path to wisdom. Hehehehe
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

So increase in fuel prices have become a daily event...a hike of 48 paisa today and it seems like another hike is coming in tomorrow. Oil companies are so quick to react to rise in Brent prices and enact it domestically but are lethargic when the prices go down. Since the prices of most items defy gravity and don't come down (except salaries), I guess the party continues. How come the opposition are not cashing on this opportunity to slam the Govt.?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Live Adalat
@AdalatLive
BIG : Centre for women's studies , JNU circulates google meet invites for a discussion on "resistance to Indian occupation in Kashmir" .

Known India hater Ather Zia Is invited to speak on the topic

According to Abhijit Iyer, web page was locked but meeting was going on this morning
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The gall to do this in the capital !

No way she should be returning to her cozy Greely without enjoying some Tihar hospitality.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

Larry Walker wrote:I have never seen a dharmic mob coming out rioting after a temple festival or maha-aarati or Ram leela ground.
But our peacefool biraders are all enraged and outraged and charged up to kill kufr is a given after every Friday namaz.
I wonder what is that they pray for ?? that makes them so crazy !!
Larry, these things were really perplexing me as well earlier. But now make YouTube your friend and you can find correct answers to these queries easily and instantly.

Hint watch Jaipur Dialogue esp. deen ki dawat episodes. Will be an eye opener for anyone who have not really understand and do shatrubodh.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Cyrano wrote:The gall to do this in the capital !

No way she should be returning to her cozy Greely without enjoying some Tihar hospitality.
The JNU scums probably are using teleconferencing to bring her in
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this but it is a important news.
Modi Outshines Biden on Glasgow Climate Stage
Bloomberg News

What Happened Today
Biden says U.S. is back, but offers no new climate plans
Crypto advocates defend their mining sustainability
Here’s how Day 1 unfolded in Glasgow
The Big Story
Third-Biggest Emitter Makes Net-Zero 2070 Pledge

By Akshat Rathi

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the world’s third-biggest emitter will zero out pollution by 2070, the boldest statement of intent at the opening of the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow.

The country will increase its non-fossil fuel power capacity to 500 gigawatts by the end of the decade, he said, raising its goal from 450GW. Modi said half of India’s electricity will come from renewable sources by 2030.

Modi also committed to increasing India’s 2030 carbon intensity goal — measured as carbon dioxide emissions per unit of gross domestic product —from 35% to 45%. It will also strive to produce half of its electricity using renewable energy and cut carbon-dioxide emissions 1 billion tons from business as usual by 2030.

The Indian leader also demanded that rich countries ramp up their contributions to help less developed nations decarbonize.

“It is India’s expectation that the world’s developed nations make $1 trillion available as climate finance as soon as possible,” Modi said. “Justice would demand that those nations that have not kept their climate commitments should be pressured.”

India’s new targets don’t mean its absolute emissions will decline by the end of this decade. The goals, if met, would help the world stem global warming significantly compared to the current trajectory.

To keep temperatures from rising more than 1.5C, the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change projects that the world has to reach net-zero carbon dioxide emissions by about mid-century and then hit net zero across all greenhouse gases by 2070.

Earlier, U.S. President Joe Biden offered promises of American action to combat climate change and propel clean energy — but made no new big, bold promises in his speech.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Clever developed countries never talk about per capita emissions, only absolute numbers per country.

I like what Modi has done, upped the ante and forced them to come out clearly in the open. No one knows what the world will be like in 2070 and who will be around to make whom accountable. Modi is asking polluters to pay up now.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Zynda wrote:So increase in fuel prices have become a daily event...a hike of 48 paisa today and it seems like another hike is coming in tomorrow. Oil companies are so quick to react to rise in Brent prices and enact it domestically but are lethargic when the prices go down. Since the prices of most items defy gravity and don't come down (except salaries), I guess the party continues. How come the opposition are not cashing on this opportunity to slam the Govt.?
Why would opposition want to force the govt out of its false sense of security? This is exactly what they did to Vajpayee forcing him to call early elections. They will praise Modi on all forums, publish BJP winning in all opinion polls, and then take away a major state. From there, they will simply build on the gains while BJP go to fire fighting mode. Watch for UP elections. Once BJP loose there, they will start on these fuel prices and build on a narrative of Modi loosing. In India, Jobs are not important to anyone. Tax is. I would say scrap all PLI schemes and make zero tax on fuel. BJP is being given a long rope here and they are hanging themselves with it.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Exactly- this high Fuel prices along with Gas prices is an emotive issue, plus trains etc. I dont understand why BJP is letting this kind of behaviour from Oil Marketing companies.

What is the use of Govt with good finances if it is given to the Opposition who will anyway loot it?

Truth is BJP is on a very sticky wicket before the All important UP elections. Just like the cricket media love to see India loose and will praise them before the T20 world cup, similarly the Media will unnecessarily play up BJP chances to build complacency before the UP elections- take Govt Bonds whatever but make sure the UP elections are won.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Nirmala Seetharaman is the worst FM. Why i say this? If she wanted more revenue, all she had to do is to move the real estate out of the capital gains. Such huge funds in a small amount of people to be untapped. The Real estate earnings is tax free as long as it is compounded into another real estate investment within 2 years. This should stop.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:Exactly- this high Fuel prices along with Gas prices is an emotive issue, plus trains etc. I dont understand why BJP is letting this kind of behaviour from Oil Marketing companies.

What is the use of Govt with good finances if it is given to the Opposition who will anyway loot it?

Truth is BJP is on a very sticky wicket before the All important UP elections. Just like the cricket media love to see India loose and will praise them before the T20 world cup, similarly the Media will unnecessarily play up BJP chances to build complacency before the UP elections- take Govt Bonds whatever but make sure the UP elections are won.
UP has already said that it will review fuel prices and they will

They just won't want to peak too early before the elections.

Besides, the fuel prices may just drop on their own

Big crude importers must cartelize and negotiate jointly to break the ummah and OPEC monopoly
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kvraghav wrote:Nirmala Seetharaman is the worst FM. Why i say this? If she wanted more revenue, all she had to do is to move the real estate out of the capital gains. Such huge funds in a small amount of people to be untapped. The Real estate earnings is tax free as long as it is compounded into another real estate investment within 2 years. This should stop.
I personally want this provision retained as do a great many others.

nothing wrong with it.

Nirmala Seetharaman has performed extremely prudently, silently, and efficiently and she has kept the economy running smoothly, while nimbly negotiating woke landmines and quicksands, within the tight constraints imposed by the pandemic and the resulting global economic anxiety and chaos. There are bound to be some misses among the otherwise great many hits.

Nowhere has any govt in the world done what the Modi govt has done, managing the pandemic as well as the social and technical sides of the economy despite the wokes and all the political parties in the opposition trying desperately to get the govt to overspend, over commit and land India in serious debt issues which would have led to the immediate downgrading of India by all the rating agencies eagerly waiting to pounce in concert.

Instead, FDI has grown, exports have grown. Yes, there are still many pain points yet to be addressed and they will be.

Nirmala Seetharaman is by far the best FM that we have had so far, just like Shaktikanta Das is by far the best RBI guv that we have ever had, miles better than the dopy, servile, sly, and devious sardar, and an ameriki import and failed politician and intellectually dishonest govinda rajan (who deceitfully changed govt policy without a mandate after the new govt came in) and so many other hyped up BIF wokes. BTW, both are nonspecialists running their shows. This has to seriously hurt the ego as well as the professional reputations of many of the so-called nobel prize aspiring big guns.

After govinda rajan departed India, he has essentially remained unemployed, despite him being a legend in his own mind.

Modi should have changed all the used and soiled under clothing left over from the mafia famiglia and the NAC days. Then such PR catastrophic events like this govinda rajan business would not have taken place

आस्था रखना
Last edited by chetak on 02 Nov 2021 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

chetak wrote:
I personally want this provision retained as do a great many others.

nothing wrong with it.
The things i find wrong with the capital gains is as follows:

1) Land is not a positive investment in terms of contribution to economy. It does not add any jobs or net value.
2) Used to launder money by corruption, buy land with 50:50 black and white, find a person who buys it with 100 percent white, reinvest the amount with more black money added without any taxes. All the bribes become white money.
3) If compounded interest of FD is taxable, why should we exclude real estate gains?

I dont find it useful in anyway to the country apart from make the rich even richer without paying taxes, and create rental income for their children to enjoy. This is how one generation of power brings wealth to the family by compounding into real estate the bribes and create rental income in lakhs.

While all income is taxed when accrued, why should we leave real estate income. Heck they are even taxing the PF contributions now.