2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Larry Walker »

Pashupatastra wrote:Need someone in BJP to be the Harbaksh Singh to an indifferent leadership ready to compromise at the drop of a hat ( Yes , LOC ceasefire eben after Nowshera encounter is one such instance)
Yogi was to be Harbaksh Singh when he almost managed to deploy forces to uproot Dakait and his gang that fateful evening post 26-Jan shame. But fate had other things in store, rumor has it that AS stepped in and stopped Yogi at the last moment.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLNMurthy wrote:
m_saini wrote:My god, Twitter really is a cesspool. It's just a couple of laws that are repealed and people are acting like it's the end of the world and Modi has handed over the control of the country to anarchists with the usual rr.
Maybe I live in a cesspool too, but I feel very pessimistic right now. I would love to get a nuanced explanation that has to do with national interest, other than just a surrender to BIF.

Until I do, pessimism = realism for me.
Relax.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehin ... 8.ece/amp/
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Varuna wrote:There is a larger picture that I'd like to speculate over. My sikh side of the family had been quite against Modi since the BIF coordinated attacks over the farm laws. Today is gurpoorab - guru nanak jayanti, and to announce it on this day has created a sea change in the perception of the average sikh. The seeds of dissent that were being sowed among the community by the BIF have evaporated. The thing the BIF doesn't count on is that underneath all our differences, we are bound by the same dharmik identity.

The reason why the "farmers" weren't relenting despite all assurances was because the BIF had a foothold and didn't want to let go of the leverage over delhi via sikh perceived disappointment and internationalization of the issue. To announce this on gurpurab, from a position of strength, after having identified and banned the backers, conveys a sense of understanding.

Regarding the laws, I think they will be back in another form after interacting with the real stakeholders of Punjab and Haryana, not the rabblerousers.
Interesting. So the choice of day and the sincere appeal seems to have functioned.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

m_saini wrote:My god, Twitter really is a cesspool. It's just a couple of laws that are repealed and people are acting like it's the end of the world and Modi has handed over the control of the country to anarchists with the usual rr.
This over a handful of laws which will anyways be brought in some form or fashion in BJP ruled states. One wonders in a conflict what would occur during a Kargil type savage fight where we were on the back foot for weeks and with heavy casualties.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Supratik wrote:States can still do farm reforms and enact laws as agriculture is in the states list. Karnataka has already amended their APMC act and business has started shifting out of mandis. MH previous admin had done it partially. Bihar abolished APMCs in 2005. The purpose of these laws was to accelerate the process and have a uniform pan-India system. but if PJ, HY does not want it then that is their choice. They cannot stop others from having it.
Precisely. Its not ideal but progress continues.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

I am worried about the day's events.

I do not agree with a lot of analysts here and on YT that Modi succumbed to pressure from a 'handful of goons'. That is not his character. Recall how he faced a very malignant and determined effort to undermine him after 2002 that went on for 10 long years. He does not care too much about his personal image. IMVHO he is one of the very few leaders of India who genuinely thinks about the nation first. There is no way he would give in to a bunch of agitators like these.

Yes, it is depressing indeed, but not for the reasons many have put forward, i.e. a 'surrender' to BIF. The agitation against the farm laws was on its last legs from everything I have read and heard recently. UP elections were not affected by it anyway. The Khalistanis were identified, blocked and sent back from Delhi airport without being able to enter the country.

There is far too much randi-rona going on, especially in those channels that hitherto were staunchly pro-BJP (or at least appeared to be). Most of these experts were proven tragically wrong during the WB elections (remember one such host singing 'Do Mayee, Didi Gayee').

I think there is a lot that is going on which is not being spoken about. Modi says it without saying it, but he did hint that there is a national threat which is why he is doing it - kanoon kisano ke liye banaye the, wapas desh ke liye le raha hoon.

It does not bode well, any way you look at it.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

RBI has put the following donors on watch list. Disbursement of donations only after clearance from MHA.

1 Soros Economic Development Fund (SEDF)

2 Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA)

3 Rockefeller Philanthropy

4 The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation (WFHF)

5 David and Lucile Packard Foundation (LPF)

6 China Dialogue Trust (CDT)

7 Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Thakur_B wrote:RBI has put the following donors on watch list. Disbursement of donations only after clearance from MHA.

1 Soros Economic Development Fund (SEDF)

2 Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA)

3 Rockefeller Philanthropy

4 The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation (WFHF)

5 David and Lucile Packard Foundation (LPF)

6 China Dialogue Trust (CDT)

7 Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
They have to add Omidyar network too
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

GoI's best shot was to go above-board on crucial reforms.

Think about it saar - some reforms can be done by stealth, administrative stroke-of-pen variety (e.g., L1 removal in Govt tenders, e-auctions for resources post 2G scam).

Some are noncontroversial (e.g., JAM, Ujala, ujjwala, toilets) and can be done quietly or loudly, doesn't matter. Some are so controversial, only the SC can clear the path (e.g., RJB).

Some are radioactive and need heavy ex ante suprise + ex post sugarcoating (e.g., DeMo, 370).

Some are expected to come eventually and despite everything, will face opposition and must be taken head-on (e.g., CAA). The FarmLaws and later, UCC fall under this bracket, and GoI should have held firm.

Maybe something is afoot that we've no clue about, sure. However, giving in to blackmail and mobocracy ain't gonna make for good optics, solid credibility, good politics or good economics. Only.

P.S, x-posting moi 2 centi from a TG group. Only.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

AshishA wrote:...
And I don't believe Govt will move a inch on CAA or A370 regardless of BIF tasting blood, water, fruity, Pepsi etc. Farm laws are dead weight. The above laws are not.
Tour de force, saar!

That said, I have to wonder why the CAA law is yet to be notified. This after taking heavy hits on political capital to pass that law?

I recall folks claiming "after Assam elections" and when that didn't happen, moved goalposts further to some even less plausible excuse for why.

Mayhaps, this justification reg farm laws of "the law was anyway not in force since some SC eyewash committee was lazing on it" wala excuse applies to CAA too.

Only.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Hari Seldon wrote:That said, I have to wonder why the CAA law is yet to be notified. This after taking heavy hits on political capital to pass that law?
CAA is now the law of the land. But there are delays in forming the Rules (which is there for every Act). Actually bringing out Rules is an easier task than passing an Act. But A.S says that MHA has requested more time to frame the Rules. To be frank the current GoI has only gone ahead on full steam on one major course correction; that is removing Article 370 and bifurcation of J&K territory.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

People here expect 747 to fighter like 9g maneuvers, an ecosystem whose heart beats outside India has been deep rooted in our country, it will not take one but 5-6 election cycle with meaningful economic leverage before the ecosystem weakens, this is lost on many people here
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

I was scanning the usual main stream media as well as the social media. To quickly summarise;
1. The main stream media (even though pro-Congress) has not reported this as a very big blow to GoI. The farmers are declared 'victorious' etc against a 'fascist' government, but reading between the lines I could also get a message that MSM editors knows that this more of a tactical retreat with an aim to uproot Congress from Punjab as well.
2. The 'aam janta (common people who are not supporting BJP any ways) are in a very jubilant mode with Modi & Co getting trolled. This is in states like KL, who do not have any kind of good farming any ways and people are looking for the next Goods Train or truck to arrive from Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh with groceries. For them this is like winning World War II.
3. There is also a set of hopefuls in the peacefool community who feels that the same trick will also get results in CAA repeal and J&K trifurcation.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Whatever the level of threat that existed. Whatever the logic behind the repeal.

How do people know that those reasons no longer apply.

If this was a fear of khalistani terrorism. Then what does the repeal of the laws do. That cannot be undone by the Khalistan supportors.

Because laws are black and white. Are easily available to any one who wants to learn more about them.

In the last one year, none of the Sikhs bothered to download the laws and actually bothered to read them?

I am more concerned about what that says about the people of India?

That is also makes me question any rationale given by the government or spin being put on it.

Because if the government could not reach people with black and white verifiable facts. How does it expects to reach people over topic that are more complex.

If the threat is real then this retreat does nothing to reduce it.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I read something a long time ago and it has remained with me ever since then.

I am paraphrasing that on the forum.

In the history of humanity, the greatest amount of pain and misery on people has been inflicted by seemingly good men. Who have reached a conclusion that something must be done.

If you show me a man who says something must be done. I will show you a man with a head full of vicious intentions and no way to make them real.

End paraphrase.

I am afraid of a large section of the Hindu population reaching the conclusion from this, that something must be done.

The muslims have already reached this conclusion a long time ago.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Karan M wrote:
Varuna wrote:There is a larger picture that I'd like to speculate over. My sikh side of the family had been quite against Modi since the BIF coordinated attacks over the farm laws. Today is gurpoorab - guru nanak jayanti, and to announce it on this day has created a sea change in the perception of the average sikh. The seeds of dissent that were being sowed among the community by the BIF have evaporated. The thing the BIF doesn't count on is that underneath all our differences, we are bound by the same dharmik identity.

The reason why the "farmers" weren't relenting despite all assurances was because the BIF had a foothold and didn't want to let go of the leverage over delhi via sikh perceived disappointment and internationalization of the issue. To announce this on gurpurab, from a position of strength, after having identified and banned the backers, conveys a sense of understanding.

Regarding the laws, I think they will be back in another form after interacting with the real stakeholders of Punjab and Haryana, not the rabblerousers.
Interesting. So the choice of day and the sincere appeal seems to have functioned.
The trouble with this is that they won't vote for Modi/BJP in any case... and without absolute majority at the state level the BIF will always find ways to secure their foot-hold and oppose whatever new forms the laws will be re-tried.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

I am perplexed at the timing of this repeal

1 vaccination is going at break neck speed
2 economic indicators were up
3 expressway launch was a success
4 Tejas at Dubai + hammer integration and lch delivery ( ok this is mostly for brf jingos)

Why did we need to puncture all of this now? Maybe we need to look back at pegions speech.

Btw where is alama shah ?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Supratik wrote:States can still do farm reforms and enact laws as agriculture is in the states list. Karnataka has already amended their APMC act and business has started shifting out of mandis. MH previous admin had done it partially. Bihar abolished APMCs in 2005. The purpose of these laws was to accelerate the process and have a uniform pan-India system. but if PJ, HY does not want it then that is their choice. They cannot stop others from having it.
This statement seems more like a rationalization of the government’s decision. Having a national law that transcends state boundaries is a benefit for all agricultural products and all farmers wherever they live.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

What if intelligence inputs clearly indicated a congi/aap sweep in Punjab ? The next 5 years they will do everything to undermine our territorial integerity. Perhaps this was announced so that the incumbent govt. will not have this raison d'être to fan large scale dissent and create nighmarish scenario's. Bottomline, justified or not, the unrest and mistrust among common sikhs must have been real.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

If the protestors don't leave even now - what will Modi do ? If he will use force - then he could have done that earlier.
I am all confused on this - BIF will still continue to hate Modi and his supporters will also now start despising him.
If something as easy as farm bills where overwhelming majority was with NaMo can still make him capitulate - I just shudder to think what will happen when BIF finds some more contentious issue during a national crisis.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

No it will be Tikait joins SP and protestors demand removal Art 370 , CAA etc.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Sushant Sareen tweeted this, which is very relevant
Don’t know why but what Churchill said to Chamberlain comes to mind today: you were given the choice between war and dishonour; you chose dishonour, and you will have war.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
This over a handful of laws which will anyways be brought in some form or fashion in BJP ruled states. One wonders in a conflict what would occur during a Kargil type savage fight where we were on the back foot for weeks and with heavy casualties.
While I share your concern, there is always the prospect that external threats really unite societies. The US it seems has used this principle to great effect via false flag attacks. Iows, a 2 front war could serve as the perfect foil to curb bif types and their tamashas. A state of emergency once declared will not tolerate such things considering the threat to national security.

This rather bizarre move could turn out to be the blow to modi led Bharat. Esp. If bif decides to cause more situations. Everything could be fubared.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

The woodwork has been humming of late.

Manufacturing another faux outrage/ burning issue/ causus belli for more seiges of the national capital, rioting and arson is child's play for BIF's sponsors at home and abroad. So electoral gains from appeasing Sikhi etc is vaporware.

Sample this v0mit from Gul PaNaagin: https://twitter.com/GulPanag/status/146 ... 16033?s=20
Grateful to @narendramodi for repealing the Farm Laws, finally. Folded hands
I wish we didn’t have to let the impasse last this long, cause so many lives to be lost. And demonise, debase, delegitimise the Farm Protest and the protestors. #Farmlawsrepealed 1/2

Let this be a lesson for future Governments to find the means & the will, to engage with all stake holders when bringing about reform.
And also a lesson for law makers -that legislative procedure can’t be circumvented by passing laws in minutes, without discussion & debate.

And no,farmers are NOT going to forget (or forgive) being called hooligans, ‘mawaalis’ anti nationals , terrorists, goons. Remember that.
They have, through their grit & perseverance, forced the hand of this Government, that doesn’t back down, on anything.
#Farmlawsrepealed
They are smelling blood. Can't blame them either. Only. Sigh.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:
This statement seems more like a rationalization of the government’s decision. Having a national law that transcends state boundaries is a benefit for all agricultural products and all farmers wherever they live.
KAR may repeal too.

they seem to be waiting for some communication/indication from the center
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Pratyush wrote:Whatever the level of threat that existed. Whatever the logic behind the repeal.

How do people know that those reasons no longer apply.

If this was a fear of khalistani terrorism. Then what does the repeal of the laws do. That cannot be undone by the Khalistan supportors.

Because laws are black and white. Are easily available to any one who wants to learn more about them.

In the last one year, none of the Sikhs bothered to download the laws and actually bothered to read them?

I am more concerned about what that says about the people of India?

That is also makes me question any rationale given by the government or spin being put on it.

Because if the government could not reach people with black and white verifiable facts. How does it expects to reach people over topic that are more complex.

If the threat is real then this retreat does nothing to reduce it.
Pratyush Saar,
its for the same reason as anything else. People are picking up "news" from youtube and instagram influencers or channels that they trust. The actual "professional journalists" are mostly by the wayside. People placed their trust among their jaathwalas, biradaris, religion, region, local leader etc.
Even if you ask them to read the laws themselves they will still refer back to their so called "farmer leaders". Similar to why peacefuls also don't listen to govt and listen to secular leaders or mullahs though they haven't got anything in return all these years.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Hari Seldon wrote:The woodwork has been humming of late.

Manufacturing another faux outrage/ burning issue/ causus belli for more seiges of the national capital, rioting and arson is child's play for BIF's sponsors at home and abroad. So electoral gains from appeasing Sikhi etc is vaporware.

Sample this v0mit from Gul PaNaagin: https://twitter.com/GulPanag/status/146 ... 16033?s=20
Grateful to @narendramodi for repealing the Farm Laws, finally. Folded hands
I wish we didn’t have to let the impasse last this long, cause so many lives to be lost. And demonise, debase, delegitimise the Farm Protest and the protestors. #Farmlawsrepealed 1/2

Let this be a lesson for future Governments to find the means & the will, to engage with all stake holders when bringing about reform.
And also a lesson for law makers -that legislative procedure can’t be circumvented by passing laws in minutes, without discussion & debate.

And no,farmers are NOT going to forget (or forgive) being called hooligans, ‘mawaalis’ anti nationals , terrorists, goons. Remember that.
They have, through their grit & perseverance, forced the hand of this Government, that doesn’t back down, on anything.
#Farmlawsrepealed
They are smelling blood. Can't blame them either. Only. Sigh.
Somebody should tell this AAPian that that is exactly how they behaved when they raised anti-national slogans or called Hindus names or showed up with Bindranwaale's pics or slashed and cut a person to death for allegedly desecrating their holy book.

If the farmers went and had discussions and proposed any changes when they had discussions with the agriculture minister then maybe nobody would have said anything, trying to drift race after pimping their tractor rides and riding horses to Red Fort as some ceremonial capture that too on Jan 26 as though all the other days were booked in their calendar from meeting all the influential people and solving world problems. people were far softer with words I did say after all the stunts they have pulled.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Manish_P wrote:
Karan M wrote:
The trouble with this is that they won't vote for Modi/BJP in any case... and without absolute majority at the state level the BIF will always find ways to secure their foot-hold and oppose whatever new forms the laws will be re-tried.
Forget votes from Punjab - as long as they dont keep coming on the streets and join hands with BIF, thats ok for now. We have to pick our battles and this was fast becoming a useless one. Give a fillip to a possible insurgency and a huge HR disaster (as would occur if an insurgency scaled up), plus impact on natsec via security forces having significant members of the ethnic group... and all for what? A law which was to improve their agricultural productivity. Now BJP states will do their own APMC mods and let that be the end of it for now. Punjab, sadly, is destined to head towards economic disaster, and NaMo genuinely tried to help them. They didnt want it, and made it a "pride", "us vs them" issue either misled by others or because they had residual resentment/fear of a BJP Govt. Whatever it is, why should NaMo continue to try and convince them. Ideally, this level of response should have been gamed earlier, but the Jats joining the agitation further worsened matters esp given their possible political impact.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cain Marko wrote:
Karan M wrote:
While I share your concern, there is always the prospect that external threats really unite societies. The US it seems has used this principle to great effect via false flag attacks. Iows, a 2 front war could serve as the perfect foil to curb bif types and their tamashas. A state of emergency once declared will not tolerate such things considering the threat to national security.

This rather bizarre move could turn out to be the blow to modi led Bharat. Esp. If bif decides to cause more situations. Everything could be fubared.
In an external threat scenario, with what a fifth of your forces from one community, and a bunch related to protestors, its even more important to call this tamasha to a close.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Prem Kumar wrote:Sushant Sareen tweeted this, which is very relevant
Don’t know why but what Churchill said to Chamberlain comes to mind today: you were given the choice between war and dishonour; you chose dishonour, and you will have war.
This is 100% true, but Churchill also said he would have done exactly as Chamberlin would have done, the treaty of Munich had intended consequence of breaking the French-Chechoslovak- Soviet Union treaty(A very British objective)- so Stalin could not depend on the West in fight against Germany- Stalin being the Twisted Mass murder then trusted Hitler. But British main aim was pushing Hitler to go East- that's why there was a phony war in 1939-40- as long Germany was going east there was no real problem. Hitler then burned all his chances but making war on everyone.

Lets see how this plays out.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Karan M wrote: Forget votes from Punjab
Wasn't expecting them in the first place.. it's the risk of losing votes in other areas that's the concern

as long as they dont keep coming on the streets and join hands with BIF, thats ok for now.
That's exactly the problem Karan ji. BIFs know that there is good chance of getting their way with street power and seige action.
Punjab, sadly, is destined to head towards economic disaster
Which they will get out of by demanding subsidies, incentives and aid packages, debt relief and what not.. at the cost of other states.. just a form of Jizaya.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote:Sushant Sareen tweeted this, which is very relevant
This is 100% true, but Churchill also said he would have done exactly as Chamberlin would have done, the treaty of Munich had intended consequence of breaking the French-Chechoslovak- Soviet Union treaty(A very British objective)- so Stalin could not depend on the West in fight against Germany- Stalin being the Twisted Mass murder then trusted Hitler. But British main aim was pushing Hitler to go East- that's why there was a phony war in 1939-40- as long Germany was going east there was no real problem. Hitler then burned all his chances but making war on everyone.

Lets see how this plays out.

Even after massacring 3000 sikhs in 1984 under the nose of then PM rajiv ghandhy and congi govt in dilli, the sikhs still vote for congi and they say sikhs will never vote for the BJP again.

BJP anyway does not stand to lose much in Punjab. It will still be a jatt looking out for all the other jatts, irrespective of political affiliation and the BJP will land up under amarinder's thumb, instead of a badal thumb. The difference is merely one of spelling onlee as the jatt karvan with khalistani under tones continues to roll on irrespective

On Guru parab repeal farm laws. On eid repeal 370. On ghandhy's birthday, rescind the CAA. On Deepavali arrest the Hindus.

If the Hindus don't assert themselves after centuries of abuse, don't expect others to come and fight on your behalf.

just like it is happening in KER, where the Hindus always vote to keep themselves in perpetual bondage and kow tow to the minorities every chance they get to show their cultural magnanimity and soooperior refinement.

the jehadis are already coming for our sisters and daughters and it will not be too long before they come for you and me.

the enemy mobilized support and agitated whereas there was no one to support Modi on the ground and yet Modi is being blamed for backing down.

We always expect others to fight our battles but will not support even those who fight for us

All the so called "pillars of democracy" actively conspired to hold him down

raging and impotent keyboard warriors simply don't count. They have never counted and never will.

when it comes to voting for Modi, these jokers go on vaccations because of the holiday. They also know that the voting in important areas are carefully adjusted to ensure a long weekend or it will combine with a public holiday just to make sure that the wokes will find other avenues of escaping the voting process.
Last edited by chetak on 20 Nov 2021 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

In a fashion this climb down is good for Modi.

It shows that the opposition still has a lot of teeth. That the victory is not complete. Given the past performance of Modi it would be foolish to accept that he has totally given up. The contour of opposition has now become very clear. A smart and ruthless ruler will use that to totally go for the kill.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Pratyush wrote:In a fashion this climb down is good for Modi.

It shows that the opposition still has a lot of teeth. That the victory is not complete. Given the past performance of Modi it would be foolish to accept that he has totally given up. The contour of opposition has now become very clear. A smart and ruthless ruler will use that to totally go for the kill.
where are his army of supporters, where were they when scum like dakait were blackmailing the republic of India

From the very day we got our "independence" the congis and the commies really ran a semi islamic state where sharia was replaced by the marx manifesto and deluded, deracinated brown shahibs replaced the departed white ones, imbibing deeply the moghul mindset and their jizya culture of extracting Hindu wealth by the simple expedient of controlling the Hindu temples.

They did this wantonly, thus stymying the cultural, educational and spiritual growth of the Hindus while deliberately stunting their potential for growth.

The minorities, as during the britshit raj, continue to enjoy the perks while the majority Hindu taxpayer toils to pay for such state funded largesse.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

So it begins. "Probing with a bayonet. if you meet steel, heel. If you meet mush, push." Only.

https://twitter.com/EconomicTimes/statu ... 74400?s=20
After Centre's decision to repeal farm laws, Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind demands repeal of CAA

Track latest news updates here https://bit.ly/2ZaPXks
Here's another gem.

https://twitter.com/MeghBulletin/status ... 10752?s=20
Don't end Protests unless Centre gives Govt Jobs and financial support to families of martyred farmers: Congress MP Deepender Hooda addressing Protesting farmers
Of course, all well-deserved only. Only.

P.S. and one more. Right on cue.
https://twitter.com/OpIndia_com/status/ ... 22436?s=20
Mehbooba Mufti, National Conference demand reversal of abrogation of Article 370 after PM Modi announced repeal of farm laws.
Am tempted to say "GhanTa" but hey, now worry about having to eat moi words sooner rather than later should GoI decide magnanimity is the way fwd in cashmere as well.
Last edited by Hari Seldon on 20 Nov 2021 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Impunity requires some degree of shamelessness and media co-operation. The Indics and their leadership have neither. Only.

https://twitter.com/AskAnshul/status/14 ... 76418?s=20
Now, Bombay HC transfers Judge HS Satbhai, who was hearing Ex Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh's remand applications, to Yavatmal district.

Recently, Judge Satbhai rejected Anil Deshmukh’s plea for home-cooked meals in jail.
P.S. Am sure it was a routine transfer and all, but of course only.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Hari Seldon wrote:Impunity requires some degree of shamelessness and media co-operation. The Indics and their leadership have neither. Only.

https://twitter.com/AskAnshul/status/14 ... 76418?s=20
Now, Bombay HC transfers Judge HS Satbhai, who was hearing Ex Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh's remand applications, to Yavatmal district.

Recently, Judge Satbhai rejected Anil Deshmukh’s plea for home-cooked meals in jail.
P.S. Am sure it was a routine transfer and all, but of course only.
they have taken "permission" from the SC for this "routine transfer"

Sure, it was "routine"

which way the wind is blowing can often be inferred by mere observation and a weathercock is not always required or even necessary.

This is an India where comedians do politics and politicians do comedy
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Atmavik wrote:I am perplexed at the timing of this repeal

1 vaccination is going at break neck speed
2 economic indicators were up
3 expressway launch was a success
4 Tejas at Dubai + hammer integration and lch delivery ( ok this is mostly for brf jingos)

Why did we need to puncture all of this now? Maybe we need to look back at pegions speech.

Btw where is alama shah ?
Look at who is in power in Punjab and also its pretty easier for these elements were riding on the farm bill to destabilize the country. Also in the name of farm bills the attempt to created wedge between communities on both sides must have been successful to a certain extent. Also those who enjoyed the provisions in the bill will now be aghast at going back to ground zero and the anger will be on the so called farm leaders and politicians who protested to revoked it. You guys must have noticed how everyone is to a certain extent silent and not claiming success as one will think.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

chetak wrote:where are his army of supporters, where were they when scum like dakait were blackmailing the republic of India

From the very day we got our "independence" the congis and the commies really ran a semi islamic state where sharia was replaced by the marx manifesto and deluded, deracinated brown shahibs replaced the departed white ones, imbibing deeply the moghul mindset and their jizya culture of extracting Hindu wealth by the simple expedient of controlling the Hindu temples.

They did this wantonly, thus stymying the cultural, educational and spiritual growth of the Hindus while deliberately stunting their potential for growth.

The minorities, as during the britshit raj, continue to enjoy the perks while the majority Hindu taxpayer toils to pay for such state funded largesse.
This can't happen without active collaboration of the oppressed with the oppressor. Case in point being how KL and Bengal Hindus continue to vote for Cong, Commies and Mamta (who are all openly anti-Hindu to the core, and don't hide it either). Notice refusal of Punjab Hindus to vote for BJP and continue to vote for Cong or Akalis, and wilfully live under the thumb of Jat Sikhs. Notice the behaviour of Kashmiri Pandits and their umbrage at being called Kashmiri Hindus rather than Kashmiri Pandits, with many openly abusing BJP and RSS. After 1,000 years of slavery, Hindus no longer consider slavery as stigma. They consider their slavery and persecution as normal and acceptable.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

The worst part is this instead of thinking we only gained independence in 2014 it feels more like we are getting colonised again. Just like then say in the 1930s the judiciary and police and media are not with but against Hindus while outwardly there is a Government of India “appointed “ after elections with a majority but the governance is actually controlled by someone else BIF here instead of Angrez.
It is a running theme for the last 1000 years that our muscle is used against us time and again with the rajahs, maharajas, zamindars ruling us with an Islamic or Angrez emperors pulling the strings.
It seems a total liquidation of such ideology and idealogues is the only way out as if it is almost a law of physics. We have been dilly dallying the inevitable. If I look at Eastern democracies all went through such a catharsis violent at times and we have been trying to bypass that. Sometimes surgery is needed instead of antidotes and vaccinations. If not then it at least needs a singular focus and relentless use of inherited legal power to book criminals and get justice done.
Use the police or use the law full force 100% not 80 or 90%. Tolerance, multiple paths to heaven are nice religious concepts but not in governance, if we have a law then it has to be of singular interpretation and implementation. This fiddling will only give rise to Hydras which we can not just keep slaying at the cost of economy and individual liberty and right to live well