2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Karan M »

Vayutuvan wrote:
disha wrote:My mom was bitten twice by stray dogs. I do have a mortal fear of stray dogs since I was attacked by one. Individually I do pity the dogs, at the same time, the dogs need to be controlled and have no place killing 40k humans and other animals.
Things turned deadly in my family. A cousin was bitten 5 years old and died. This was about 60 years back. They were taking him to Nagpur from my native place in a train. They couldn't see the suffering and admitted him into a hospital at an intermediate station. The attending doctor asked them to leave and come back after a couple of days.
Man. That's hard. No anti rabies vaccine easily available then I guess?
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Karan M wrote:
Yayavar wrote:
I do not believe this. No animal is so retributive. When everything goes 'viral' for almost anything there is no video of dogs being killed by monkey-gangs. I bet some townspeople went ahead and killed the stray-dog packs and blamed the monkeys to avoid administrative or moral censure.
There were video captures of monkey packs carrying dogs. Not sure why you'd state "no animal is so retributive". They can be pretty vicious and maybe reacting purely as a survival instinct.
The news was 250 dead dogs. There was one photo of one monkey carrying a puppy. Not murdering it. Will be sceptic until I see more evidence.

Animals can be vicious and attack, but to go after all *dogs* since one monkey was killed by dogs - that is too vicious for an animal. That is human level retribution.

Will see if there is any more follow-up to the original news item.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Yayavar wrote:Sure (it can infect all mammals). But Rabies does not lead to monkeys cooperating and then killing dogs specifically. This is made up news.
Check out the news here https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/wtf ... 57102.html, including photos and videos.

Instead of denying it outright, why not be open and see if it is plausible or not? I have seen monkeys outwit humans. Heck, a pack of monkeys would periodically visit my neighbourhood particular seasons and we would not venture out.

What this study found out in 2018, we had known it few decades back: https://theprint.in/science/indian-stud ... age/57645/

Do read the above article. And again it is half study. I have seen teams of monkeys coordinate and coordinate well to target for a particular purpose.

Another link: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/rebe ... id=9076884
At the temple, the macaques put on a show for their visitors before heading back to town to steal some more food.
In fact, individual monkeys do snatch things from unsuspecting people and negotiate their return back on food (or sweets). Is it human induced behaviour or not is never the question. Point is, I will not put it beyond their ability to coordinate, plan and execute a particular goal.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Vayutuvan wrote: Things turned deadly in my family. A cousin was bitten 5 years old and died. This was about 60 years back.
Just cannot comprehend the pain and the loss. :(
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

disha wrote:
In fact, individual monkeys do snatch things from unsuspecting people and negotiate their return back on food (or sweets). Is it human induced behaviour or not is never the question. Point is, I will not put it beyond their ability to coordinate, plan and execute a particular goal.
This is indeed true.
A monkey once grabbed my spectacles at a temple when I was not expecting it. Negotiated the return for food. He pointed fingers and asked for food to be put at a certain spot. Once he got the food, he put the spectacles nicely at another spot.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

disha wrote:
Yayavar wrote:Sure (it can infect all mammals). But Rabies does not lead to monkeys cooperating and then killing dogs specifically. This is made up news.
Check out the news here https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/wtf ... 57102.html, including photos and videos.

Instead of denying it outright, why not be open and see if it is plausible or not? I have seen monkeys outwit humans. Heck, a pack of monkeys would periodically visit my neighbourhood particular seasons and we would not venture out.

I am not rejecting it outright. This news was shared widely on WA groups about a month back. The reports shown then had the same video - which doesn't show enough to bolster the claim of 250 killings. The report claims they carried them to the heights and threw dogs down.
The report doesn't name the town.

In any case am incredulous since killing 250 pups - disproportionate response to one monkey killed - requires organized revenge. Monkeys are smart and can be aggressive. They can be vicious. (Langurs more than the macaque. They can actually kill a dog in a fight w/o having to selectively pick pups and throw them from heights.)

I lived in small towns and monkeys were a nuisance. The monkey pack was scary as they surrounded you for food or just got into the kitchen or dining area. It is not same as organized deliberate revenge at a large scale.

anyway...maybe more details will come on this news. If the behaviour spreads perhaps it can rid the cities of stray dogs :).
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Karan M wrote:I was once attacked by a small pack of strays and I had to take off my belt and go after the alpha and beta dogs (pack leader and sidekick) to make the rest back off. If I had not been alert, or had been unluckier, I would have been bitten for sure. God's grace, I returned without significant injury.
Karan M wrote:To be honest, it was pretty hard and at the time the public around was merely watching. Nobody bothered to assist or even lob a few stones. Like I said, God's grace I managed. Woke me up about how vulnerable we are to strays.
Happened to me just a couple of months ago, in crowded Chennai Central, of all places. A bunch of dogs started barking at me with an aggressive posture for no reason at all. I had to respond by shouting loudly and trying to scare them with an aggressive posture, which usually works with normal strays (that are not rabid), but this didn't work at all this time. They just kept barking and following me, which is unusual. But my shouting helped to some extent that they now kept some distance, but still kept following me.

Usually, when shouted at, they back off, or at least stop at the edge of their perceived territory. That didn't happen here. The best part was our brave public that just stood by and watched. I had by then reached the compartment I was to board and then some kind samaritan asked me to remove my mask. That did it. They instantly reverted back to normal stray behaviour and backed off.

Turns out my bright white N-95 mask firmly fixed on my nose and mouth seemed to have confused and/or scared them. Once I removed it, I suspect they realized I was just another human and went away.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Yayavar wrote:
Karan M wrote:
There were video captures of monkey packs carrying dogs. Not sure why you'd state "no animal is so retributive". They can be pretty vicious and maybe reacting purely as a survival instinct.
The news was 250 dead dogs. There was one photo of one monkey carrying a puppy. Not murdering it. Will be sceptic until I see more evidence.

Animals can be vicious and attack, but to go after all *dogs* since one monkey was killed by dogs - that is too vicious for an animal. That is human level retribution.

Will see if there is any more follow-up to the original news item.
Actually attributing viciousness to humans alone and then stating that animals would be human to do is anthropomorphism. Its ascribing a value system to animals that is akin to ours.

Please read this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplus_killing

While it ascribes the activity to feeding alone, it's not always the case.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... ng-wyoming

A less referenced but still comprehensive list is here
https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-tha ... aura-allan

There have been multiple accounts of animals, especially predators engaging in cruel and unusual behavior (unusual per what we ascribe to them). Some downright sadistic (by our standards) and bizarre behavior too (probably unwise to link it on the forum). Hence its not out of the bounds to believe that a pack of monkeys went after dogs and went overboard.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

arshyam wrote:
Karan M wrote:I was once attacked by a small pack of strays and I had to take off my belt and go after the alpha and beta dogs (pack leader and sidekick) to make the rest back off. If I had not been alert, or had been unluckier, I would have been bitten for sure. God's grace, I returned without significant injury.
Karan M wrote:To be honest, it was pretty hard and at the time the public around was merely watching. Nobody bothered to assist or even lob a few stones. Like I said, God's grace I managed. Woke me up about how vulnerable we are to strays.
Happened to me just a couple of months ago, in crowded Chennai Central, of all places. A bunch of dogs started barking at me with an aggressive posture for no reason at all. I had to respond by shouting loudly and trying to scare them with an aggressive posture, which usually works with normal strays (that are not rabid), but this didn't work at all this time. They just kept barking and following me, which is unusual. But my shouting helped to some extent that they now kept some distance, but still kept following me.

Usually, when shouted at, they back off, or at least stop at the edge of their perceived territory. That didn't happen here. The best part was our brave public that just stood by and watched. I had by then reached the compartment I was to board and then some kind samaritan asked me to remove my mask. That did it. They instantly reverted back to normal stray behaviour and backed off.

Turns out my bright white N-95 mask firmly fixed on my nose and mouth seemed to have confused and/or scared them. Once I removed it, I suspect they realized I was just another human and went away.
Wow, you lucked out as well.

You know that's interesting. I was masked too. But somehow they didnt go after all the other junta some of whom were masked as well. Bizarre behavior. I guess its because those guys were far away from the side of the road whereas I was walking more on it and hence sparked their territorial behavior.
ernest
BRFite

Post by ernest »

The stray menace affects the poor in the hardest way. The poor often have to leave small children unattended, who play in fields and streets, and are the easiest target for dogs. One of my family's domestic help had her small child picked from just outside her home by a pack of dogs. Luckily the child was saved with injuries

The other side is the rich, who buy and keep dogs (and discard them when they no longer are cute) and NGOs who will feed dogs. They live in well protected houses and don't have to worry about leaving kids unattended on streets. Many also like to virtue signal through their animal love, as long as they don't suffer any of the negatives arising from increasing number of dogs. In IIT Delhi, people from South Delhi would come to discard their old dogs, because of animal rights groups on campus that fed and sheltered them. The dogs were protected much more than students. Dogs had multiplied on campus and created "no go zones", where any one who ventured solo, would get attacked. Almost every student was chased by them, and many were bitten. But due to the pressure of animal rights groups, nothing was done to control them. Student welfare was not a priority, I guess.

The strays clashed with peacocks, and mongoose on campus, and definitely reduced the natural urban fauna. The environmental impact of strays on birds, reptiles, and small mammals is also huge. There is an accompanied loss of biodiversity wherever stray / pet populations rise.

We have to put reasonable limits on pet owners, and have strict guidelines for animal welfare NGOs. Otherwise they do more harm than good.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

There are so many people on this forum who are/were affected by stray dogs. Please express your outrage on social media. Tag @narendramodi @Manekagandhibjp @AmitShah @rajnathsingh @JPNadda and any animal welfare organisations that are a hindrance or can help with the situation.
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

ManSingh wrote:
disha wrote:
This is indeed true.
A monkey once grabbed my spectacles at a temple when I was not expecting it. Negotiated the return for food. He pointed fingers and asked for food to be put at a certain spot. Once he got the food, he put the spectacles nicely at another spot.
The exact same thing happened to me at the Jakhoo temple in Shimla
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

==irrelevant post deleted - admin note ===
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Are Indian cities now cradles of hate?
Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai have emerged as the last bastions against hate and polarisation
The author is a health economist, a Reader in Economics of Innovation at SPRU-Sussex, University of Sussex, Visiting Fellow at Hoover Institution, Stanford University & Visiting Adjunct Professor in Economics at IIM-Ahmedabad, India
All checklists ticked in this article
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

With reference to this

https://unherd.com/2022/01/is-this-the- ... e-america/
Is this the end of progressive America?
Multiple fronts of resistance are taking shape
Over the past several decades, the progressive Left has successfully fulfilled Antonio Gramsci’s famed admonition of a “long march through the institutions”. In almost every Western country, its adherents now dominate the education system, media, cultural institutions, and financial behemoths.

But what do they have to show for it? Not as much as they might have expected. Rather than a Bolshevik-style assumption of power, there’s every chance this institutional triumph will not produce an enduring political victory, let alone substantially change public opinion.

Even before Biden’s botched Build Back Better initiative, American progressives faced opposition to their wildly impractical claims about achieving “zero Covid” and “zero emissions”, confronting “systemic racism” by defunding the police, regulating speech, and redefining two biological sexes into a multiplicity.
While the Pentagon’s top brass focused on “domestic terrorists” and a progressive social agenda, it calamitously bungled its withdrawal from Afghanistan and appears utterly unprepared for Chinese or Russian competitors. And the effect of this progressive march is plain to see: the percentage of Americans who feel “a great deal of trust and confidence in the military” has dropped in just three years to 45% from 70%.

This decline in trust in major institutions, so evident in America, is also rife across Europe and Australia. In Europe, for example, young people express less pride in their cultural and religious heritage, and are almost three times as likely as their elders to believe that democracy is failing.
These trends have long been evident in the fading humanities and social sciences, but now even the sciences are becoming politicised. Perhaps it’s no surprise, then, that universities are losing credibility even among some traditional Leftists, who marvel at how they burnish their progressive credentials while making huge profits off their endowments and seriously underpaying most of their employees.
The question now is whether there will be sufficient pushback to turn the tide. Unlike local school boards, online magazines, and even alternative colleges, it’s difficult to replace or challenge an Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Google, or Morgan Stanley. Yet fortunately these institutions do not yet control all wealth. Big companies may have shamed themselves out of oil and gas, but investors are ramping up due to the soaring price of these assets.

So, here’s the good news. On what sometimes seems the inexorable course towards progressive capture, we can see multiple fronts of resistance, and the early congealing of independent-minded forces, from the rational Right to the traditional liberal-left. Our society may never regain the feistiness of previous eras, and our new elites might continue marching through our institutions. But as they become increasingly discredited, they would be unwise to forget that all long marches one day come to an end.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

As predicted earlier, this is a repeat of the bangalore incident.

Even there, there were locals involved and the presence of the BIF was unmistakable as it is here too and there are similarities with koodankulam and sterlite as well.

How long will the GoI continue to tolerate this from the cheenis

It's become so very easy for the pakis and cheenis to use local labor to carry out their nefarious activities.

Intelligence Note Indicates Chinese Involvement In Foxconn Labour Unrest: Report

Bhaswati Guha Majumder
Jan 4, 2022

Intelligence Note Indicates Chinese Involvement In Foxconn Labour Unrest: Report

Snapshot
An internal intelligence note hinted that Chinese aid to the workforce at Chennai's Foxconn's plant was the reason behind the labour unrest.

Just a few days ago reports appeared stating that Apple supplier Foxconn's plant in Chennai would remain closed after worker protests over a food poisoning incident. But now according to a recent report, an internal intelligence note suggested that "Chinese aid to the left-leaning workforce inside Foxconn" is the reason behind labour unrest.

This note was obtained by The Week, which stated that according to the internal note “the knee-jerk reaction to the substandard canteen food causing ill health to a few staff members is an indicator of an international design to destabilise industrial establishments”. Additionally, the shocking note claimed that “it is no secret that China was aggrieved over these factories, as, earlier, 48 per cent of the components for Apple iPhone were produced in China".

"Apple has increased its stable of contracts with manufacturers in India of late as the US-China feud threatened to impose tariffs on Apple devices,” the note further added, as quoted by The Week.

It was also said in the note that due to India developing as a manufacturing alternative for Apple and other global IT corporations, China's supply chain became entangled in the US-China trade conflict. The list of Taiwanese companies in India includes names like Wistron Infocomm Manufacturing at Narasapura in Karnataka and Pegatron Technology Pvt Ltd at Mahindra City near Chennai. It should be noted that Wistron had halted operations owing to an assault and violence allegation within the workplace.

Additionally, Sanmina, Ford, PPG Asian Paints and Enfield India Limited, among others, have all experienced disturbance, according to the intelligence note. It also reportedly mentioned a few other businesses in Sriperumbudur, claiming that “the group is making all efforts to intrude”. It further urges that "nefarious activities" should be thwarted by taking the required countermeasures at the highest level.

In the case of Foxconn, one of the Taiwanese companies in India, labour unions were not allowed within the facility and individuals who participated in union activities had little job security.

The Week’s report stated that according to the intelligence note, the issue was that "left-leaning forces" took advantage of the facility's working conditions. It went on to say that the agitation was led by the New Democratic Labour Front, Peoples Democratic Youth Association, Peoples Rights Protection Centre and Students Uprising Movement".

The involvement of these movements in the agitation, as well as their linkages to movements outside India, is being investigated, according to sources in the Tamil Nadu government, the report added.

However, K Kangaraj, state secretary of the CPI(M), dismissed the possibility of a Chinese hand in the agitation at the Foxconn facility, saying, "This is the reason given to hide the unfair labour practices followed inside the manufacturing facility.” He said: “The immediate provocation was that there were severe infections and a few employees died".

Meanwhile, after a high-level team of ministers and senior officials visited the Foxconn complex, the Tamil Nadu government urged the business to improve working conditions, and following discussions with representatives from the state administration, Foxconn committed to enhancing workplace environment.
Last edited by chetak on 04 Jan 2022 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

just wondering how all above Monkey and Dog discussion are related to this thread - "Strategic and Political Analysis" :)
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

morem wrote:
The exact same thing happened to me at the Jakhoo temple in Shimla
Same place sir for me too. Seems like Monkeys in Shimla have institutional knowledge. :wink:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sum wrote:
Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai have emerged as the last bastions against hate and polarisation
All checklists ticked in this article
It's Deccan Herald...totally expected garbage.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

nits wrote:just wondering how all above Monkey and Dog discussion are related to this thread - "Strategic and Political Analysis" :)
Because we need desi "pied pipers" who can strategically lead such bands of stray dawgs/monkeys/etc to high-BIF concentration areas (like anti-CAA protests, "farmer" protests, JNU, etc) and bite them in the azz.

"Dawg bite" could become a new desi technology for dissolving unwanted protests.

:twisted:
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

nits wrote:just wondering how all above Monkey and Dog discussion are related to this thread - "Strategic and Political Analysis" :)
Dog bites do come under strategic & political analysis.

First of all, dog bites have a sharp poor vs. rich divide. A sharp age divide and disproportionately impacts rural and poorer households than urban households. There is a burden of disease and impacts the poorer strata mostly and significantly.

Organizations like PETA use pet dogs as a bulwark to target Hindu festivals without actually talking about the damage done by the stray menace. Now here is what must shake everyone to their bones. 18000 to 20000 victims, mostly children die of rabies/dog bites every year in India. And India has 36-40% of the dog bite cases of the world.

There is no money in preventing or removing the stray menace. The foreign donors of PETA and other 5* BIF-NGOs are not interested in saving lives of the poor children.

The poor children do not form a constituency on which Urduwood/Bhaiwood will make a documentary or a movie. Neither they form a political constituency. Hence their fate is to die every year. In pain.

Rabies is a disease of the poor

Here is one study by WHO

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/My ... survey.pdf

And here is some discussions on it

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... ies-at-bay

and this

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/hea ... ines-61298

The statistics of 18k to 20k is from the original WHO (in 2003) study quoted in https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 9742/#ref2 sometime in 2014. The issue anecdotally must have been doubled. Imagine 100 kids dying every day. Or 5 every hour. That is an epidemic. Even going by 2003-2007 estimates, think about losing 50 persons every day.

Of course, the moment a municipality gets started on a mass dog sterilization and vaccination drive, the same 5* NGOs will be up in arms against the central government.

Some choice nuggets:
While the pilot project was funded by MoHFW, it was implemented by the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI), which is a part of the Union environment ministry. ....
“PCA clearly says stray dogs should be ‘destroyed’. But AWBI through its ABC rules insists that they live on the streets, and thereby making dogs, as well as people, suffer,” says Sabu Steephen, a social activist from Kerala, who in 2015 filed a petition in the Supreme Court to control stray dog population. In 2015, AWBI issued a circular that blames the victim for a dog attack.

It says any hostility will render the dogs aggressive following which they may resort to biting “in self-defense” for which “the human aggressors shall be the only ones to blame”. Meghna Uniyal, founder, Humane Foundation for People and Animals, says AWBI has also attempted to label homeless dogs as "street dogs” that are “scavengers that eat rats” and must be maintained on streets and public places. AWBI’s stand, however, does not reflect in its action. An internal evaluation report of the Union environment ministry in 2008 shows AWBI has no guidelines for giving grants to animal welfare organizations that are entrusted with the responsibility of sterilizing dogs, vaccinating them periodically and providing them shelter.
The NGOs, the environment ministry, the ministry of health and family welfare., They are all at loggerheads. Each has its own agenda to rake and of course, there is the question of "funding".

The question one has to ask is: Can India afford to lose its young population to something that is completely preventable?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

What a miserable 30 odd months its been for the country ever since Pulwama. From post Balakot crisis to anti-CAA riots to Covid to the Chinese incursion to agro-terrorists riots to china to the untimely demise of Chief of Defence Staff and covid again the country and the incumbent government have taken a relentless battering. Just when the economy was displaying signs of green shoots it looks like we are once again about to face another wave of this overlong pandemic. Multiple states have begun announcing restrictions and curfews in the wake of increasing covid cases. While it is anyone's guess if steps like night curfews, weekend curfews, no standing in buses and trains ( it is true ! there is such a restriction ) , 50% occupancy in restaurants etc will help stop the inevitable wave, it certainly doesn't bode well for politics, especially for those who are in power at whom the public ire will be directed.

The election commission has decided to go ahead with assembly elections in 5 states. While Punjab and Uttarakhand are foregone conclusion that it is INC's to lose, Goa and UP are still salvageable for BJP provided it does robust campaigning and can get the karyakartas to mobilize people and have high voter turnout. Holding elections with cases on the rise would mean less rallies and voter apprehension to turnout which would give an advantage to the opposition in Goa and UP. Not sure why BJP isnt leaning on EC to postpone elections, its been done plenty of times in the past even before the pandemic. Also, the government needs to have a sustainable policy to deal with this pandemic, people are worn out and broke after 2 years of relentless lockdowns, restrictions and curfews. We are not US or Europe where governments literally mail free money to citizens , pay off their rents, defer loan payments etc. in nations such as ours most people are on their own it is imperative that the government does not step on someone's livelihood unless it can assure their sustenance atleast temporarily. So there is a real fear that the poverty will worsen unless sensible policies are put in place. BJP at the center has another 18 months to salvage what's left of this forgettable 2nd term but states that are heading into assembly elections this year and next year have no time to lose.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Major security lapse in PM security, cavalcade stuck in protestors bheed for over 30 min ..dramatic pics. https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1478670179169046528?s=20
Officials at Bhatinda Airport tell ANI that PM Modi on his return to Bhatinda airport told officials there,“Apne CM ko thanks kehna, ki mein Bhatinda airport tak zinda laut paaya.”
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Punjab: PM Modi stuck on road for 15-20 mins; MHA seeks report from state on 'security lapse'
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was stuck on a flyover during his Punjab visit on Wednesday- a lapse the Centre has blamed on Punjab government and sought a report.
"Around 30 kms away from National Martyrs Memorial in Hussainiwala, when the PM’s convoy reached a flyover, it was found that the road was blocked by some protestors. The PM was stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes. This was a major lapse in the security of PM," the MHA said.
Government sources in Delhi said only Punjab Police knew the exact route to be taken by the PM's motorcade, and hinted at a complicity with protesters.
"What was witnessed on the flyover was a surprising scene of connivance between Punjab police and so called protestors. Only Punjab police knew the precise route of the PM. Never has such police behavior been witnessed. This is the single biggest lapse in security of any Indian PM in recent years," government sources said.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote:
Things turned deadly in my family. A cousin was bitten 5 years old and died. This was about 60 years back. They were taking him to Nagpur from my native place in a train. They couldn't see the suffering and admitted him into a hospital at an intermediate station. The attending doctor asked them to leave and come back after a couple of days.
Man. That's hard. No anti rabies vaccine easily available then I guess?

No vaccine exists for rabies.

after the bite one can take the anti rabies injection and hope for the best.

If it doesn't work, you will die, period

and, know this

vaccinating the dog will not help you.

vaccination is solely for the dog's benefit

The vaccinated dog can still be a passive carrier, even if vaccinated correctly as per the protocol

The only way to confirm if the dog is rabid is to examine a brain section and people flatly refuse to allow you to do that.

Even a mere scratch on the skin, causing an open wound barely discernible is enough to transmit rabies

Hope like hell that luck is on your side.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Donation to CMDRF: Guruvayur Devaswom Board approaches SC against HC verdict
Posting this news here. This is an appeal by the Guruvayur Temple Devaswom Board in Kerala to release 5 crores from the temple donations to the communist party led Government of Kerala. Their plea was turned down by the High Court of Kerala clearly reading out the provisions in Guruvayur Devaswom Act (read Sec. 27).

The decision by Hon. SC is going to be crucial. First; it would confirm whether Hindu temple funds are to be made "secular" and can be used by the governments for what ever purpose they wish to use it for. Secondly, a verdict/order from Hon. SC has All India authority and other states can also use the same strategy adopted by the communists in Kerala. Karnataka Congress leader D.K Shivakumar already shared his mind - "Temples are the wealth of the government, a wealth of the treasury. Crores of rupees are collected by these temples." :roll:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while, the "seculars" are now really teaching some new lessons to N. Modi & A. Shah (and perhaps A. Doval as well). They have been clearly told that certain parts of India are not open to them any more. West Bengal was the first doze, Punjab seems to be the second one.
PM Modi stuck on flyover, Ferozepur rally cancelled after security breach
Note the title in the Deccan Herald article News Live: I express regret that PM had to return during his visit to Ferozepur today, says Punjab PM
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Ashokk wrote:Punjab: PM Modi stuck on road for 15-20 mins; MHA seeks report from state on 'security lapse'
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was stuck on a flyover during his Punjab visit on Wednesday- a lapse the Centre has blamed on Punjab government and sought a report.
"Around 30 kms away from National Martyrs Memorial in Hussainiwala, when the PM’s convoy reached a flyover, it was found that the road was blocked by some protestors. The PM was stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes. This was a major lapse in the security of PM," the MHA said.
Government sources in Delhi said only Punjab Police knew the exact route to be taken by the PM's motorcade, and hinted at a complicity with protesters.
"What was witnessed on the flyover was a surprising scene of connivance between Punjab police and so called protestors. Only Punjab police knew the precise route of the PM. Never has such police behavior been witnessed. This is the single biggest lapse in security of any Indian PM in recent years," government sources said.
The ministers of the PJ govt on their weekend R&R visiting Delhi and the INC leadership must be made to pay. The images of the PM's motorcade stuck helplessly on a bridge with confused looking SPG for almost 30 mins displayed the sorry state of affairs where those with few hundred people on their side ready to violence can even hold the PM of the country hostage. We should all the thankful that the Prime Minister made it back to Delhi safe and sound.

All that aside, doesn't the SPG run pilot cars precisely for this reason ? Dont they get real time intelligence and plan alternate routes ? Why didn't the BJP leadership not realize given the current ground situation in Punjab maybe the PM's visit isnt advisable ? Just terrible state of affairs.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

I remember I was mauled by a dog when on a visit to Punjab, must have been about 7-8 years old, bloody painful experience.

How difficult is it to obtain archery equipment ?
Surely they could just shoot them with hunting arrows.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

If a pet dog attacks a human the standard procedure is euthanasia by a vet. If a street dog attacks, it becomes very complicated. You need to prove the attack occurred, and identify the specific doc conclusively, then the local admin has to capture it and take it to a Govt Vet Hosp and get it euthanised.

Even if you have proof of a dog attacking, killing a dog yourself (except perhaps in self defence during the attack) using any method will attract trouble. Killing a dog with bow & arrow will turn out way more complicated than you think, in most countries its illegal to carry a strung bow & arrows outside an archery range. And unless the heart is pierced with the arrow, you'll have a dog running around howling with your arrow stuck in it. There are high chances that you may hit someone else, making you liable for grievous injury or god forbid, manslaughter. Don't try such silly ideas saar !
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Just feed them baygon spray infused cookies. Police or law enforcement agencies won't be putting investigation on who did it. Would they?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:If a pet dog attacks a human the standard procedure is euthanasia by a vet. If a street dog attacks, it becomes very complicated. You need to prove the attack occurred, and identify the specific doc conclusively, then the local admin has to capture it and take it to a Govt Vet Hosp and get it euthanised.

Even if you have proof of a dog attacking, killing a dog yourself (except perhaps in self defence during the attack) using any method will attract trouble. Killing a dog with bow & arrow will turn out way more complicated than you think, in most countries its illegal to carry a strung bow & arrows outside an archery range. And unless the heart is pierced with the arrow, you'll have a dog running around howling with your arrow stuck in it. There are high chances that you may hit someone else, making you liable for grievous injury or god forbid, manslaughter. Don't try such silly ideas saar !

Difficult to enforce in India

punks have killed dogs and very young puppies in many cities and they don't even get fined

sab chalta hai onlee.

people allow their dogs to crap anywhere they please without even trying to dispose of their dog's bountiful offerings
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Sachin wrote:Mean while, the "seculars" are now really teaching some new lessons to N. Modi & A. Shah (and perhaps A. Doval as well). They have been clearly told that certain parts of India are not open to them any more. West Bengal was the first doze, Punjab seems to be the second one.
Note the title in the Deccan Herald article News Live: I express regret that PM had to return during his visit to Ferozepur today, says Punjab PM

Extremely disturbing news. The rogues are getting emboldened because they haven't been penalized by GoI (led by BJP). BIF forces have no reasons to stop at this. What they have done now and successfully so, is make Punjab a no-go zone for Modi. Following same pattern as WB. And frankly if this is how it to be, then many non-BJP states would see this a potential tactic to keep away Modi from canvassing.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KCR arrested Bandi Sanjay, BJP President of Telangana ... I saw Police literally beating Bandi Sanjay in some video
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

What's with this soft-touch treatment of all things Punjab? Blocking the PM on a flyover is the absolute frigging limit - time to show some steel. I mean, WTF?

If it's because a large proportion of soldiers hail from Punjab, time to revisit and revise that policy and recruit more from other areas. One state cannot hold national security to ransom like this.

The situation is quite serious as the protestors knew the route of the PM's cavalcade, I would think that's kept secret?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shravanp wrote:
Sachin wrote:Mean while, the "seculars" are now really teaching some new lessons to N. Modi & A. Shah (and perhaps A. Doval as well). They have been clearly told that certain parts of India are not open to them any more. West Bengal was the first doze, Punjab seems to be the second one.

Extremely disturbing news. The rogues are getting emboldened because they haven't been penalized by GoI (led by BJP). BIF forces have no reasons to stop at this. What they have done now and successfully so, is make Punjab a no-go zone for Modi. Following same pattern as WB. And frankly if this is how it to be, then many non-BJP states would see this a potential tactic to keep away Modi from canvassing.
our culture has no sense of the enemy or shatrubodh.

when someone says that I am your enemy, squash them like bugs, what "talks" with the khalistanis and the pakis, and what balance of payment with the decietful cheenis

303 seats and they act like a bunch of amateurs at a kindergarten dance recital

they have enough seats to take political heads at will and pin a few bleddy testimonials to the wall every hour on the hour

they are sitting on ripe cases awaiting speedy disposal like flies on a rotting carcass

we will wind up paying blood and treasure for their timidity

this is the very same BIF international cartel that brought khujliwal to power and is pushing pappu for PM and also cleaning his clock and readying him for the role of prime puppet
Last edited by chetak on 05 Jan 2022 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

A political novice like Uddhav Thackeray mocked the center and showed BJP's lack of power on the ground by ruthlessly arresting or beating up anyone who spoke against him or his moth-eaten MVA govt in MH. Ever ready to do violence, Momata took it to a next level by orchestrating mass attacks against BJP workers including MPs and cabinet ministers when they were campaigning in WB. Now it is Punjab's turn to show how even the PM isnt safe in their state. SPG should have planned for contingencies , the intelligence once again has been abysmal and the BJP leadership should have seen this coming. Home minister asking for a "report" from PJ govt is a joke !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

naukar ho to aisa, shame that this clown was once the foreign sec of India

shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Ambar wrote:A..... have planned for contingencies , the intelligence once again has been abysmal and the BJP leadership should have seen this coming. Home minister asking for a "report" from PJ govt is a joke !
This is extremely infuriating! The only "report" from PJ govt is gonna be a big THENGA! (thumb).
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

PM's convoy getting stuck on a bridge is a security breach of the highest order, no matter who the PM is. No need to detail why.

Anyone who made it possible or is downplaying or mocking it is a traitor and must be dealt with accordingly, no exceptions or kid gloves.