Assembly Elections - 2022 & 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Re: Assembly Elections - 2022

Post by SwamyG »

hanumadu wrote: Why did they try this stunt in the first place? The muslim vote must have been already highly polarized. The marginal gains must have been very less.
The best plan can go awry. One theory I read was 3T had made an impact among muslim women. Another one I read was Yogi was gaining traction even among muslims.

I suspect it must not be a huge tide, but enough for that to consolidate. They cannot try this in UP or Assam. Needed a state with high friction that was ruled by BJP. Creating a situation in Telangana or Tamil Nadu would make no difference. And they had PFI waiting.

Enough noise to say "Islam Khatre mein hain".
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

hanumadu wrote:
SwamyG wrote:A data point to relate how BIF try various things to change the dynamics in voting. Now they suddenly feel Court proceedings should be paused.

https://twitter.com/LiveAdalat/status/1 ... 2057761799
Why did they try this stunt in the first place? The muslim vote must have been already highly polarized. The marginal gains must have been very less.
What's the point of that question? They have to try and you provided the reasons!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Sicanta wrote:
Ambar wrote:Consistent low voter turnout in UP, 2nd phase voting ends with 60.6%. In Goa it was over 72% and Uttarakhand had a abysmal voter turnout of 59%.
Its approx 65% as per ECI
61% in UP, only Rohilkhand surpassed 65%, 79% in Goa by end of the day, Uttarakhand improved after 5 PM to end the day with close to 65%. I am amazed about the citizens of our nation, over the last 3 yrs from we have all witnessed internal and external enemies coming together in open to destroy the country from within ( DU/JNU protests to the recent anti-farm law protests) and yet nearly 40% of the electorate seem nonchalant about elections and their outcome.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 552347.cms
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:
Sicanta wrote:
Its approx 65% as per ECI
61% in UP, only Rohilkhand surpassed 65%, 79% in Goa by end of the day, Uttarakhand improved after 5 PM to end the day with close to 65%. I am amazed about the citizens of our nation, over the last 3 yrs from we have all witnessed internal and external enemies coming together in open to destroy the country from within ( DU/JNU protests to the recent anti-farm law protests) and yet nearly 40% of the electorate seem nonchalant about elections and their outcome.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 552347.cms

is the news reaching them as it happens realistically or is it being given a spin to camouflage the real facts.

the rural journos are much cheaper to buy off and suborn by threats than the urban ones who cost a whole lot more
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

https://twitter.com/doctorrichabjp/stat ... Dd05Q_cfBQ

एग्ज़िट पोल सर्वे

पहला चरण : BJP : 38/58 ,11 RLD, 9SP
दूसरा चरण : BJP : 41/55 , 3 RLD , 11 SP
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

Prem Kumar wrote:For 5 long years, Yogi/Modi sweat it out for them and 40% of the people sit it out when a couple of hours is what it takes for them to make their voice heard. Pretty sure that if we do an analysis of % of eligible Hindus who voted (vs) that of Muslims, the latter will be a far greater percentage :evil:
It may not all be BJP votes. There are some hard-core voters of Congress or BSP and they may abstain from voting as there is nothing for them to vote for. Plus a section of people who may not like Yogi personally but also dont want SP government back in power. So its a mixed bag.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

ramana wrote:Can be explained as Yadav+Muslim consolidation and BSP shifting.
if BSP votes ever had a tendency of shifting to SP - one would have seen many more SP MP's elected in 2019. BSP voters have history of voting for BSP and if BSP is not in fight they go to either INC or BJP depending upon who is dominant there.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

BSP votes going to BJP in this election. Mayawati is helping BJP by the "token" election participation.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:BSP votes going to BJP in this election. Mayawati is helping BJP by the "token" election participation.
the noose seems to be tightening onlee
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

still tense about UP and UK
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AAP after dividing the vote in Goa offers to join any anti-BJP coalition!!!
Stirring vote of confidence in their numbers.

vijayk, What is there to be tense about UKD? It's over.
As for UP, the Western UP was an Opposition stronghold and by many accounts, BJP did slightly lower than 2017 which is to be expected.
Most pollsters are frauds trying to keep SP hopes alive...
Chintamani says for all practical purposes UP election is over. It's just complete the voting in rest of the phases.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Ishkaran Singh Bhandari@ishkarnBHANDARI·21h
BJP has done better than many expected in 2nd Phase of UP elections.
The next three phases are very good areas for Yogi Sarkar & will put it in comfortable position in UP elections 2022.

https://twitter.com/ishkarnBHANDARI/sta ... 3239561221
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

SwamyG wrote:
hanumadu wrote: Why did they try this stunt in the first place? The muslim vote must have been already highly polarized. The marginal gains must have been very less.
The best plan can go awry. One theory I read was 3T had made an impact among muslim women. Another one I read was Yogi was gaining traction even among muslims.

I suspect it must not be a huge tide, but enough for that to consolidate. They cannot try this in UP or Assam. Needed a state with high friction that was ruled by BJP. Creating a situation in Telangana or Tamil Nadu would make no difference. And they had PFI waiting.

Enough noise to say "Islam Khatre mein hain".
There is also another opinion that it's the Hindu votes that are consolidating and not muslim women revolting. After the second phase, some were saying that there has been a near complete consolidation of muslim and yadav vote behind SP. I guess we will have to wait till exit polls for details on voting patterns on caste and religion. Even if some muslims were willing to vote for BJP, the Dharma Sansad queered the pitch for them.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Not sure i understand the logic of BJP top brass including NaMo and Amit Shah campaigning regularly in PJ. At best the BJP-Capt alliance may net them 3 to 4 seats, instead they should be criss-crossing UP to get maximum votes and seats from the remaining phases.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 7599296514

Reporter nails a "Shoaib" in UP. Shoaib says he has a problem with the Govt and wants to change it. Cannot substantiate it with a single fact. Says "no jobs" and people around him call out his bullshit. Then he says "no roads" and the reported asks cameraman to show the nice road.

These single-agenda-harmfuls cannot be swayed even if Yogi/Modi puts 10 Lakhs into each of their bank accounts. There is no possibility of co-existence with them

All this roti, kapda, makaan, LPG, Ayushman, toilet, bank account, roads etc are issues that only concern the majority. The other side has been told by their mullahs how to vote and that's enough for them.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

@esotericsapient·7h#BigBreaking: Bhagwant Mann aggressively came to Arvind kejriwal and slapped the shit out of him. Senior AAP leaders revealed Bhagwant was drunked and said will not accept tuglaki orders from Arvind. He will be the boss of AAP or will form anew party.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/AbandonedSingh/stat ... 8750343170
Naam me kya rakha hai @AbandonedSingh
Big breaking: @AamAadmiParty candiates/MLAs are too inclined towards BJP, because of the ground level work done by @narendramodi, says a prominent leader from @AAPGoa

Reason why @ArvindKejriwal is forcing every candidate from #Punjab and #Goa to sign a legal contract. https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1489483467100667906
https://twitter.com/AbandonedSingh/stat ... 1366511619
Naam me kya rakha hai @AbandonedSingh

Further he said, that the first choice of every candidate in #Goa is always #BJP.

It is because of the competition that incompetent choose to join either @AamAadmiParty or @INCIndia.

Once they elected as an MLA, they will immediately switch to #BJP.

#Kejriwal
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Hindi is my second language but this interview should be on the first page of this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/BesuraTaansane/stat ... 1378740226

P.S. Please delete if unacceptable.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Lisa wrote:Hindi is my second language but this interview should be on the first page of this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

is it just me or does the "reporter" seem like she has some extreme mood swings like some sort of bipolar disorder? One moment she's calm, talking at a normal pace and the next she's shouting, extreme hand gestures and very loud voice.

Her "Baukhlahat" was a joy to watch :rotfl:
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Lisa wrote:Hindi is my second language but this interview should be on the first page of this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That was savage, completely destroyed that journalist.
This is exactly what such journalists deserve, complete contempt.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

rajkumar wrote:https://twitter.com/doctorrichabjp/stat ... Dd05Q_cfBQ

एग्ज़िट पोल सर्वे

पहला चरण : BJP : 38/58 ,11 RLD, 9SP
दूसरा चरण : BJP : 41/55 , 3 RLD , 11 SP
Deleted
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

rsingh wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:^ Jats are just 1.2% in UP, so how can they be deciding force on who will form the next Govt in UP?
Are you sure?
Wiki:
In Rajasthan, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh, they constitute around 9%, 5%, and 1.2% respectively of the total population.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Another one.

The expression of NDTV journo is priceless :rotfl: :lol:

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 8462306305
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

My knowledge of hindi is smattering at best. There was a question about inflation and the respondent conceded it is there. I think it was followed by a question on employment which too was responded with the answer that there is employment. That is when the journalist flares up and asks somewhat rhetorically that if edible oil is selling at Rs 200 how can you run a household on a daily income of Rs 200 (which I take it as reference to the current wage rate under MNREGA programme. Now she may or may not know her journalism. But I am definite she has no clues about running a kitchen. And I say with the experience of actually running a kitchen from time to time over decades.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nandakumar wrote:

My knowledge of hindi is smattering at best. There was a question about inflation and the respondent conceded it is there. I think it was followed by a question on employment which too was responded with the answer that there is employment. That is when the journalist flares up and asks somewhat rhetorically that if edible oil is selling at Rs 200 how can you run a household on a daily income of Rs 200 (which I take it as reference to the current wage rate under MNREGA programme. Now she may or may not know her journalism. But I am definite she has no clues about running a kitchen. And I say with the experience of actually running a kitchen from time to time over decades.
I know for a fact that in some deep south rural areas, MNREGA is never 200 or whatever the rate may be.

the entire family, cat, dog, goldfish, babies, grandparents et al get paid, obviously for a cut. It is a well oiled scam in many states

They make so much money that they just do not wish to work. There is no accounting for labor, audit of work and "progress" of projects etc

if you need work to be done in your home or farm whatever, you will wind up paying 7-800 per day per head
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

nandakumar wrote:

who uses 1 liter of oil per day for cooking? what rubbish logic is that?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://twitter.com/Iam_Chintamani/stat ... QdGZzmY2QQ
#UttarPradeshElections #UttarPradeshElections2022 After 2 phases, BJP is sitting pretty with a minimum of 70-75 seats out of 113. SP has failed to go beyond 30-35. SP will find it difficult to even triple this number in the next 5 rounds.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Will the Khalistani revelations of Kujli have any impact in punhabi hindu voting?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Hindus in PJ have been fast asleep for over 7 decades, so why should something as trivial as a assembly election and threat of actual khalistanis coming to power should wake them up ?
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Ambar wrote:Not sure i understand the logic of BJP top brass including NaMo and Amit Shah campaigning regularly in PJ. At best the BJP-Capt alliance may net them 3 to 4 seats, instead they should be criss-crossing UP to get maximum votes and seats from the remaining phases.
last minute batting. last time they did it, it pulled BJP in RJ from a pathetic defeat to a very decent number. or approximately 1 additional RS MP we got.

as for PB maybe they see something on ground that we dont. I think the goal right now is to make it a hung and prevent AAP from forming a full fledged govt there. i think.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

khatvaanga wrote:
Ambar wrote:Not sure i understand the logic of BJP top brass including NaMo and Amit Shah campaigning regularly in PJ. At best the BJP-Capt alliance may net them 3 to 4 seats, instead they should be criss-crossing UP to get maximum votes and seats from the remaining phases.
last minute batting. last time they did it, it pulled BJP in RJ from a pathetic defeat to a very decent number. or approximately 1 additional RS MP we got.

as for PB maybe they see something on ground that we dont. I think the goal right now is to make it a hung and prevent AAP from forming a full fledged govt there. i think.
is it possible that perhaps they may be looking for a hung assembly and a spell of president's rule

just saying onlee.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

not a bad scenario imvho. better than handing the state over to that kejru. or channi.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

NaMo and AS powerplay at the last moment in PJ shows their confidence in not only a win in UP but also the margins there. Their attempt in PJ will be to undercut Hindu and Dalit votes from AAP to either create a hung assembly or worse case INC win. With the latest Khalistan accusation from Kumar VIshwas - INC cannot support AAP in case of no clear winners.
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

It is interesting that Dr. Kumar Vishwas describes Kejriwal as a smooth, bare-faced liar, who pretends to be the underdog under attack -- real sociopath. This guy was selected by the Ford Foundation in 2008 at the end of Sonia's first term as PM -- these foreign intel agencies must have some psychological profilers on the payroll to select these kind of sociopaths like Kejriwal and Sisodia.

The casual manner in which Kejriwal thinks it is okay to get support from the Khalistanis to become CM of punjab and eventually PM is unbelievable, but he is only openly saying what INC and AAP cadre are tweeting and thinking.

https://sites.google.com/site/liesaapsp ... foundation

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/ ... 10340.html
Its representative, Steven Solnick, said the Foundation’s last installment to Kabir (an NGO run by Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia) was in 2010. “Our first grant to the NGO was of $1,72,000 in 2005 ; the second was in 2008 of $1,97,000,” he told Business Standard.

Steven Solnick – Ford Foundation’s representative in India

Kabir, run by Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, key figures in AAP(Aam Aadmi Party), has received $400,000 from the Ford Foundation in the last three years.

Link for $197,000 – now removed by Ford. Refer screenshot of the same below.

Kabir Ford Foundation CIA

In reply to an RTI query that questioned the funding and expenditure of Kabir, the organisation has disclosed that they have received funds from the Ford Foundation (Rs 86,61,742), PRIA (Rs 2,37,035), Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (Rs 3,70,000), Dutch Embassy (Rs 19,61,968), Association for India’s Development (Rs 15,00,000), India’s friends Association (Rs 7,86,500), United Nationals Development Programme (Rs12,52,742) while Rs 11,35,857 were collected from individual donations between 2007 to 2010.
Two years after the foundation's last grant AAP is formed.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

But USD 400K are peanuts to start a party and contest in elections, even in the smallest state, Delhi. Kejriwal must be having other funding sources as well.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vayutuvan wrote:But USD 400K are peanuts to start a party and contest in elections, even in the smallest state, Delhi. Kejriwal must be having other funding sources as well.
The way they spent money and the professional organization that they had going to bat for them means that funding was like an iceberg, 98% below the surface.

The slick political crusade, a professionally managed, and extremely efficient campaign that was run by the AAP was seldom if ever, run before in India. He most certainly had some offshore help micro managing the kitchen.

It also means that the plan was long gestating and also strategic in concept.

basically, khujliwal came out of nowhere and rose almost instantaneously during the election. The magsaysay was the start of the campaign.

To hazard a guess, one would put good money on the khalis via the pakis, and the ever present ruome or the channi factor

His working model is unique, he has all the perks, power, and publicity and none of the actual grunt work to do.

he runs the party like a die-nast. His most trusted aides are all borderline criminal commies and cryptos.....meaning that he has debts to pay off to the folks who are backing him. Note that the mafia famiglia hasn't touched him even with the longest bargepole. Something stinks.

with his khalistani support factored in, it is looking more like a BIF operation but the origins of this support are, for the moment at least, unfathomable.

the puppeteers have been very careful and cagey until this revelation by KV, backed and confirmed by some lady who seems to have been part of the inner circle but cast out some time ago.

Look at the folks that khujliwal cast out right in the beginning, folks who really thought that they would be playing a big part in the political scene but were cut off at the knees before they grew too big.

FFNGO money seems to be quietly pouring in to fill the coffers of some of khujliwal's inner circle

And note that over the past few years, he has stayed very very clear of Modi, before that it was all day Modi abuse, every day of the week.

MAD has caused real damage by legally blocking off many power play options for khujliwal.