2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CalvinH
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by CalvinH »

PK is a snake. He has clear national ambitions but tries to deny it by saying that he want to be focused on Bihar. He is he is salivating for a regional leadership position in Bihar first where he is smelling a chance as successor of Nitish. Nitish is old and wont be able to fight next elections. This is his backup plan. He was close to Nitish but has a fallout with him when Nitish decided to go with BJP in the last assembly elections in Bihar. He was recommending him to go solo.

Results are for all of us to see. JD-U got a good beating from RJD and BJP saved the ship. Nitish, an old politician was easily able to prove PK wrong.

Overall PK thinks that he can emerge as a compromise candidate between all regional leaders after a coalition defeats BJP at center in 2024. The issue is that INC occupies that space. Plus he has no political leadership background or history. He is clearly very frustrated at INC.

Current elections are very important.
- If any regional party commanding only one state wins another state than its leadership can stake a claim as the compromise candidate. AAP winning in Punjab or TMC in Goa are two scenarios. Leadership of both parties is working hard for this.
- Congress retaining Punjab will make them stay in the fray of the leadership of coalition.
- SP winning UP would strengthen the coalition against BJP and give it new lease of life. The life that TMC win in Bengal gave to the BIF forces.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CalvinH wrote:I dont think they are smirking. Not sure how you are seeing that.

Overall great articulation.
That is the wrong word to use. But they should be serious, not have that "knowing" smile. But Subuhi Khan herself was fantastic in that video. Are there no other Muslim women elsewhere, say in Kantaka itself, who can counter the mullahs/Javed Akhtars of the world, I wonder.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

How Was Yogi Adityanath's Performance As Chief Minister? | Ft. Shantanu Gupta | SSS Podcast
Brilliant discussion on Yogi's performance in UP. Some numbers are eye opening. As usual Indian MSM never reports these figures.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cyrano wrote: I'm in the danger of getting addicted to watching live court proceedings ;)
+1
Even I am addicted to watching.
chetak wrote:king abdullah is a member of the hashemite dynasty, the royal family of jordan since 1921, and is considered a 41st-generation direct descendant of muhammad.
as far as I know Mohammad had only a daughter and no son. If that is true, then how come the person is a direct descendant of Muhammad
Vayutuvan wrote: But Subuhi Khan herself was fantastic in that video. Are there no other Muslim women elsewhere, say in Kantaka itself, who can counter the mullahs/Javed Akhtars of the world, I wonder.
The problem is there are only 1 % people like Subuhi Khan or Arif or Kalam they are irrelevant as they are out numbered by bad guys. Now the real kattar terrorist mind set people are just < 5 % which is also negligible and I have no issue with them because they exist in every religion/cast/race/region, but majority of the people are normal people and I have problem with them. They remain silent and never open the mouth unlike other religion people who will rise voice and correct or normalize the bad people. That is like giving tacit support to the bad guys.

Take this example itself. A Hindu parent would hit on the head and tell the son/daughter get to study activism later. But you can see report that there are many Muslim parents taking their kids back home. Many people have still protesting with burka. No Muslim (masses) has not told lets wait for judgement.

My simple question is the law for uniform atleaset in Karnataka is from 1983, how come only in 2023 people realized that this is against Islam. They want to wear hijab now and not in past 40 yrs?

Only logic is now after Anti-CAA protest muslim realized that they have numbers to arm-twist government or feel that now we can start slow process of transforming from Dhar-ul-hurb to Dhar-ul-Islam.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It’s about showing up BJP governments. the power of the crowds to enforce their agenda through coercion.

It is counter productive to open a front in the south. They are only making the majority wary of them. Karnataka is not Bengal. The numbers are not there. In fact more people will proclaim “I am not South Indian”. “I am an Indian from the south”. As did J. Sai Deepak.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

madhu wrote:Even I am addicted to watching.
I had a liking to the law related stuff, and BRF actually increased it. Understanding police procedures, classification of offences & trials and differences between oral observations & verdicts made me realise that what gets peddled in main stream media at many times is pure fiction or imagination of the biased reporter. The latest in this list is the report on some observations made by Chennai High Court in a case regarding non-Hindus entering Hindu temples. The final verdict (written) is not out, and after finding merit in the complainant's petition the high court has asked the GoTN to file a response.
But you can see report that there are many Muslim parents taking their kids back home. Many people have still protesting with burka. No Muslim (masses) has not told lets wait for judgement.
My observation is that this community generally is not bothered much about the legal system in India. They even violate traffic laws in areas where they are in high numbers. Police officials also are not very keen in enforcing the laws in such area. There was a video on how UP police tackled one such incident (with high man power).
Only logic is now after Anti-CAA protest muslim realized that they have numbers to arm-twist government or feel that now we can start slow process of transforming from Dhar-ul-hurb to Dhar-ul-Islam.
It could be also case of a spoilt child throwing more tantrums to seek attention and have its way. At times I get a feeling that the community feels that their H&D is at stake and have also realised that they need to look & feel different from the majority community of India. Special food, special dress followed special rights using religion becomes the demands for the day. What they don't realise is that this attitude problem is also making the other communities realise the long term problems.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ Wasnt this realized like 120 years ago since the time to Sir Syed Ahmed Khan?
Or the idea was to play blind to such things till we have another Pakistan on our hands. Whether you hate or like Jinnah, he was absolutely spot on wrt to the bhaichara nonsense. The problem is too big now unfortunately.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

madhu wrote:
My simple question is the law for uniform atleaset in Karnataka is from 1983, how come only in 2023 people realized that this is against Islam. They want to wear hijab now and not in past 40 yrs?
I have seen both i.e. students who come in burkhas to colleges/schools, remove the burkha but keep a hijab on during the class and those who don't wear hijab in school but wear one outside. Today a college in Mysore decided to change their uniform attire policy so it allows girls in hijabs to take classes, i expect more schools and colleges to follow the suit. This is actually a clever move by the college because in many PU and grad colleges where students were never happy with the uniform policy will support the administrations decision if they are allowed to wear whatever they desire as long as it is decent and does not harm the decorum of the institute.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Ambar wrote:
madhu wrote:
I have seen both i.e. students who come in burkhas to colleges/schools, remove the burkha but keep a hijab on during the class and those who don't wear hijab in school but wear one outside. Today a college in Mysore decided to change their uniform attire policy so it allows girls in hijabs to take classes, i expect more schools and colleges to follow the suit. This is actually a clever move by the college because in many PU and grad colleges where students were never happy with the uniform policy will support the administrations decision if they are allowed to wear whatever they desire as long as it is decent and does not harm the decorum of the institute.
that is what i have seen so far in Karnataka. Muslim girls use to wear burkha but not in class. if covering the hair is what they want they can do it with scraf or can even cover with uniform duppata which was as per the uniform rules in the collage that fight had started. but the issue is not hijab or covering the hairs. they want burka.
now thing if HC gives in favor of burka, the Muslim girls who do not want to wear burka will be forced to wear. then the words like "hijab is choice", "freedom of expression" freedom of consciousness" will not be there.

changing school uniform attire policy so it allows girls in hijabs is the issue. The more Hindus concede the more their demand will be. simple question now is as per the rules school have to give advance notice of 1 yr before changing the rule. how come hijab girls accepted this but for court interm order they say one year advance notice is needed?

let me quote Ambedkar (page 301 )whom the same group respects a lot,
How far will Muslims obey the authority of a government manned and controlled by the Hindus ? The answer to this question need not call for much inquiry. To the Muslims a Hindu is a Kaffir.* A Kaffir is not worthy of respect. He is low-born and without status. That is why a country which is ruled by a Kaffir is Dar-ul-Harb to a Musalman. Given this, no further evidence seems to be necessary to prove that the Muslims will not obey a Hindu government. The basic feelings of deference and sympathy, which predispose persons to obey the authority of government, do not simply exist. But if proof is wanted, there is no dearth of it. It is so abundant that the problem is what to tender and what to omit.
Hijab row: Karnataka police register FIR against 10 girls for violating prohibitory orders
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

for the wokes who said that the Modi govt was needlessly sensitive to criticism by the singapore PM, standing up for India is not wrong.

when a pissant country like singapore badmouths India, there has to be and will be consequences.

Will this ahole dare to say anything about xi or the cheeni, he will not because he values his testimonials.

Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Here's another hit piece from Singapore , a news channel from Singapore has allowed a MP from the opposition party known for his bias and partisan politics to write about a subject he knows nothing about ! Shashi Tharoor is as much an economist as my dog is a astrophysicist !

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/comment ... bs-2501966
NEW DELHI: With India now in its 75th year of independence, perhaps the biggest disappointment has been the country’s failure to become an economic powerhouse.

In more confident times, back in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had spoken of building a US$5 trillion Indian economy by 2025.

But with three years to go, and India’s GDP currently US$3.1 trillion, it is difficult to find anyone who still believes he can achieve this goal.

India was supposed to benefit economically from what Modi called the country’s “3D” advantage – demographics, democracy, and demand.

In particular, India would reap a “demographic dividend” owing to its youthful population: The median age in India is 28, compared to 37 in China and the United States and 49 in Japan, and more than two-thirds of its 1.4 billion people are of working age.

Instead, the economy has been stumbling, with GDP growth decelerating each year from 2017 to 2020, inflation rising, and unemployment reaching a record 23.5 per cent in April 2020.

India currently has 53 million unemployed people, and its labour force participation rate has declined from 58 per cent in 2005 to just 40 per cent in 2021 – one of the lowest levels in the world.

A STRUGGLING ECONOMY
After more than a decade as chief minister of Gujarat, one of India’s most developed and industrialised states, Modi had sold himself to voters as a leader who would transform the economy and fulfil the hopes of the 11 million to 12 million young and poorly skilled Indians who enter the labour force each year.

Almost eight years later, the hopes of young and old alike lie in tatters. Although COVID-19 and associated lockdowns caused the economy to contract by 7.3 per cent in 2020, problems were apparent well before the pandemic.

Battered by Modi’s disastrous demonetisation of large-denomination banknotes in late 2016, all of the economy’s major growth engines – consumption, private investment and exports – remained subdued, and the government failed to provide a significant fiscal stimulus to end the slowdown.

On Feb 1, the government responded with a budget that finally offers public-sector stimulus, increasing spending to 39.45 trillion rupees (US$528 billion) in the coming fiscal year to boost infrastructure investment.

But this will entail a projected fiscal deficit of 6.4 per cent of GDP – almost certain to be exceeded – and record borrowing.

The budget also neglects much-needed appropriations for the rural employment guarantee scheme, let alone measures to extend the scheme to the urban poor.

Meanwhile, India’s agriculture sector remains in crisis, with Modi deciding last November, following a year of street protests by farmers, to retract three laws he had bulldozed through parliament.

And micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, which contribute 30 per cent of India’s GDP, have struggled after demonetisation, and more than six million have closed.

UNDERWHELMING ECONOMIC REFORMS
Even the government’s attempted reforms have proved underwhelming. Labour and land reforms have been all but abandoned, while mini-welfare projects and cash handouts are back in vogue, boosting support for Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party among poorer voters but alarming credit-rating agencies.

India’s national goods and services tax, which was expected to create a seamless countrywide market when it came into effect in 2017, was hobbled from the start by multiple tax rates and inconsistent exemptions, and has failed to live up to expectations until this year.

Tax compliance, in general, has become a nightmare, while tax raids on hapless businesses make daily headlines, frustrating existing investors and deterring potential future investors.

The government also has little to show for its privatisation efforts, beyond the recent sale of Air India to the Tata Group in a deal that will leave taxpayers footing the bill for most of the national airline’s accumulated losses.

The pandemic prompted Modi to proclaim atma-nirbharta, or self-reliance, as his economic goal, raising the risk that growing trade protectionism will supplant India’s increasing integration into global supply chains.

Modi has imposed more than 3,000 tariff increases affecting 70 per cent of India’s imports. Under the previous prime minister, Manmohan Singh, India entered 11 trade agreements; under Modi, it has not signed one.

A return to the restrictive regulatory environment that previously kept India’s GDP growth rates below 4 per cent – derisively called “the Hindu rate of growth” – would be calamitous. But the government stumbles on, a prisoner of its own rhetoric.

Modi supporters often point to India’s impressive inflows of foreign investment. But this largely reflects portfolio investments in the usual information technology-related sectors, which add little in terms of new capital assets and create few or no jobs.

More generally, the widespread perception in India that Modi is beholden to a handful of corporate interests, and tailors his economic policies accordingly, does little to enhance international confidence in the country’s economic future.

Glimmers of hope come instead from young Indian entrepreneurs, who have created hundreds of firms and more than 40 “unicorns” – privately held start-ups valued at more than US$1 billion – in the last year.

Meanwhile, the gig economy currently employs about 8 million Indians, though many are underpaid and overworked.

The World Bank predicts that India’s GDP will increase by 8.3 per cent in the current fiscal year ending in March, and by 8.7 per cent in the following 12 months, making it the world’s fastest-growing major economy.

But, after eight years of Modi’s rule, the growth rate will be flattered by a lower base than even pessimists expected.

DOMESTIC UNREST ONLY FORESTALLED
So far, Modi’s government has forestalled serious domestic unrest through a combination of small-scale welfare programmes, especially in rural areas, and polarising rhetoric targeting India’s minorities, particularly its Muslim population, in order to consolidate support among the Hindu majority.

That such tactics may divide the country and derail its long-term progress does not seem to trouble Modi greatly.

But unless the economy returns to growth rates of 9 per cent or more, India risks creating a mass of young, poorly educated, unemployed, and angry people – the classic formula for social and political unrest.

If the government’s economic incompetence continues, hopes of a demographic dividend may turn into a nightmare.

Shashi Tharoor, a former Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and a former Indian Minister of State for External Affairs and Minister of State for Human Resource Development, is an MP for the Indian National Congress. PROJECT SYNDICATE
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Singapore is batting for China, some of the apps like Garena Ban seems to be hurting them, anyone who hates India seems to be in bed with the Congress. hmm
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Looks like the realisation that the hijab case is hard to win on merits, so other tactics are being employed to put pressure on the courts, the govt and the society:

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... p-7783636/
The murder of an activist of the right-wing Bajrang Dal group in Karnataka’s Shivamogga region on Sunday night has triggered a war of words between members of the ruling BJP in the state and the Opposition Congress party.

The police are investigating the stabbing of the 26-year-old activist, identified as Harsha, by a group of four to five men. Tension prevailed in Shivamogga city on Monday morning after Harsha’s body was taken in a procession to his home from the government hospital where the post-mortem examination was conducted. Incidents of stone pelting were also reported during the procession.

The Congress has sought the resignation of Home Minister Araga Jnanendra and minister K S Eshwarappa, who hails from Shivamogga, over the incident. Leader of Opposition Siddaramaiah said the government must find the killers and take action irrespective of their affiliations. He said the home minister should resign on moral grounds since the murder occurred in his home district.

Eshwarappa, meanwhile, claimed the murder was provoked by the Congress party. “A good worker of our party has been killed in Shivamogga. It has been done by Muslim goondas. The Muslim goondas were never so emboldened in Shivamogga and there should be action against such persons,” he said.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSzH0EWGh_0

EAM S. Jaishankar at Munich Security Conference

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while things are not going good for the old legend "jab tak rahenga samose mein aaloo, thab tak rahega bihar mein Laloo".
1. Fodder scam: Lalu Prasad Yadav sentenced to five years jail jail term in fifth case, Rs 60 lakh fine
2. Lalu Yadav has spent 31 months in hospital and 8 in prison since his conviction in 2017
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

In other news Kumar Vishwas has upped the stakes and challenged Kejriwal that he issue a simple statement saying he is against Khalistan and that he will not let that ideology prosper in Delhi and Punjab. This is after Vishwas accused him of wanting to be a PM of breakaway Punjab…

Something is at work here I guess, Kejriwal is getting some heat.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Muslim goons murder a Bajrang Dal activist Harsha in Shivamogga. Apparently, on 20th Feb, several years back, they had murdered another Hindu activist. They even video recorded Harsha die.

When Yogi confiscated properties from the peacefuls for the anti-CAA vandalism, Chandrachud nullifies it. We can be sure that the 2008 Ahmedabad capital punishment ruling will go all the way to the SC (funded by halal money & whatever Muslims earn from Hindus who do business with them). Its futile for Hindus to wait for the State to give them justice. Disproportionate street action is the language that the ROP understands (like in Balakot).

That scumbag Churchill was spot on when he said this: "While the Hindu elaborates his argument, the Moslem sharpens his sword"
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prem Kumar wrote:Muslim goons murder a Bajrang Dal activist Harsha in Shivamogga. Apparently, on 20th Feb, several years back, they had murdered another Hindu activist. They even video recorded Harsha die.

When Yogi confiscated properties from the peacefuls for the anti-CAA vandalism, Chandrachud nullifies it. We can be sure that the 2008 Ahmedabad capital punishment ruling will go all the way to the SC (funded by halal money & whatever Muslims earn from Hindus who do business with them). Its futile for Hindus to wait for the State to give them justice. Disproportionate street action is the language that the ROP understands (like in Balakot).

That scumbag Churchill was spot on when he said this: "While the Hindu elaborates his argument, the Moslem sharpens his sword"
They asked UP to make a new law and refile all the cases under the new law.

Nothing has been lost and the new law will give the govt a much sharper legal focus to do the recoveries for riot damages.

All to the good onlee
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Prem Kumar wrote:Muslim goons murder a Bajrang Dal activist Harsha in Shivamogga. Apparently, on 20th Feb, several years back, they had murdered another Hindu activist. They even video recorded Harsha die.[/i]
I have never seen such a dumb home minister in my life. I am all for putting home ministry under people like Sriramulu. Only a hard core rowdy can tame these IPS morons.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Yes, I know that Chetak. But under the new law, there will be a "judicial review". Going by our judiciary, I don't have high hopes of any meaningful recoveries.

The peacefuls aren't going to sit tight. Once they get the properties back, they may even sell it and claim that they have nothing. Meanwhile, halal money will fund the indefinite dragging of the case.

Doesn't fill one with optimism
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The objection of HJ Chandrachud was that the UP govt is playing the role of victim, complainant, investigator, evaluator, judge and executor of sentence in the vandalism case.

UP govt said, ok, we will constitute a tribunal as suggested, transfer the amounts recovered and assets seized to it until the tribunal decides each case, for which they will present the evidence and investigation report, damages evaluation and assets seized etc.

Fair outcome, will add time but protect innocents, reduce govt overreach and haphazard action under this law. Will force police to be thorough. The govt can't be (seen) as acting unaccountably. Good in the long run.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

In today's KA HC hijab case proceedings, the AG did a good, thorough job in matters relating to Art 26, how the way courts' views on this Art have evolved, distinction between freedom of conscience and right to religion, the 6 tests that come out of Indian jurisprudence to determine if a practice is "essential religious practice".

He was excellent in stating that the petitioners seeking an exception claiming hijab is an essential religious practice have the burden of proving it and have failed to present any material to support the claim.

He will argue tomorrow on why hijab is not an essential religious practice and provide substantiating evidence.

The judges seemed to be doing their own homework and we're well aware of the legal nuances and jurisprudence in this area.

Expect peacefuls to move to plan B - stir large scale violence to put pressure and claim any decision against them will lead to a public law and order problem and a court can't decide, Allah is supreme etc etc... The way this is going, the loss of face and the loss of control for them would be massive.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

yes, i agree. more than all I thing AG also brought the one of the actual intent of the case that this will make Burka/hijab compulsory for every Muslim weather she likes it or not as i had stated before, there by arabization/ islamization work could start opening the flood gates of other regressive practices.

the four principles to be applied to the identify essential practice of the case are:
1. The practice should be fundamental to that religion;
2. If that practice is not observed, it would result in a change of the religion itself;
3. The practice must precede the birth of the religion itself. The foundation of religion must be based on that or must be simultaneously there along with the birth of religion. It must be co-extensive with that religion;
4. Binding nature. If cannot be optional. It has to be compulsive so that if one disobeys, he/ she cease to be part of that religion.

finally i agree for first time with hijab side on this point alone,
Advocate GR Mohan : A request is made to Child Rights Commission to provide a separate room for removing hijab, not in open place. Even teachers are asked to remove hijab.
AG :We will take care of it. The govt is sensitive.
Last edited by madhu on 21 Feb 2022 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prem Kumar wrote:Yes, I know that Chetak. But under the new law, there will be a "judicial review". Going by our judiciary, I don't have high hopes of any meaningful recoveries.

The peacefuls aren't going to sit tight. Once they get the properties back, they may even sell it and claim that they have nothing. Meanwhile, halal money will fund the indefinite dragging of the case.

Doesn't fill one with optimism
They may come out with an ordinance quickly. In the meanwhile, no cases have been withdrawn so far.

where law making is involved, the exec will carry the day if they hold firm.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

madhu wrote: that is what i have seen so far in Karnataka. Muslim girls use to wear burkha but not in class. if covering the hair is what they want they can do it with scraf or can even cover with uniform duppata which was as per the uniform rules in the collage that fight had started. but the issue is not hijab or covering the hairs. they want burka.
now thing if HC gives in favor of burka, the Muslim girls who do not want to wear burka will be forced to wear. then the words like "hijab is choice", "freedom of expression" freedom of consciousness" will not be there.

changing school uniform attire policy so it allows girls in hijabs is the issue. The more Hindus concede the more their demand will be. simple question now is as per the rules school have to give advance notice of 1 yr before changing the rule. how come hijab girls accepted this but for court interm order they say one year advance notice is needed?
Hijab row: Karnataka police register FIR against 10 girls for violating prohibitory orders[/quote]

This is not true, the original demand was to wear hijab in a college that has uniform for all students, a burqa is never worn while inside anyways and something that they put on top of their overalls when they step outside.

The way shantidoots, the Congress ecosystem, our partisan, crooked, dishonest media and the BIF global ecosystem have reported the hijab controversy is like this : The fascist hindootva BJP nazis are harassing poor muslim women from wearing their religious attire . They don't report the whole story that only schools/colleges that mandate uniform for students have asked ALL students irrespective of their faith to adhere to the mandated uniform attire but there is absolutely zero prohibition of any sort on students wearing whatever they desire outside the campus. This malicious fake news is being used to attack hindus and India globally, from europe to the middle east, and from Canada to Bangladesh.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

disgraced wapo jihadi who had her loot attached by ED has wapo out in full force in support!
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Ambar wrote: Hijab row: Karnataka police register FIR against 10 girls for violating prohibitory orders

This is not true, the original demand was to wear hijab in a college that has uniform for all students, a burqa is never worn while inside anyways and something that they put on top of their overalls when they step outside.
i completely agree with you. but this is on paper only. the reality is different.

https://twitter.com/zoo_bear/status/149 ... ols-reopen

this is the video that was discussed in the court today at the end where Advocate GR Mohan requested a separate room for removing hijab, not in open place. he told even teachers are asked to remove hijab on road when TV reporters were filming it.

the teacher was not wearing hijab it was a black burka. to remove head covering or hijab, you do not need a separate room right but yes removing burka looks bad in road.

Added later; sorry I meant niqab not burka like what we see in Taliban area...i ment The one which is black and leaves only eyes covering rest of face...

https://youtu.be/Dm00E3M1fgI
Watch from 10 min... The female is arguing for burka. She says there is no order not to wear burka so one can wear one to school and collages. If there is a mandate not to wear burka then she opposes it. She goes on to say parda is mandated in Quran so burka us a must.

In a way she is true. Up to school u can wear burka but not inside the school.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

IndraD wrote:Image

disgraced wapo jihadi who had her loot attached by ED has wapo out in full force in support!
So this farzivada economic offender is greater free press warrior for W-compost than Julian Assange and Edward Snowden??
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Now even UN has chimed in and tweeted in her support ! Goes to show how deep and how wide their ecosystem runs that this 2-bit "journalist" can garner such support !
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

We need to send UN mofos a big warning. If India is funding, cut it out or sending troops to any country for peace mission, withdraw from the mission

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ar ... g_missions
The Indian Armed Forces are currently undertaking the following UN Missions.

(a) Lebanon (UNIFIL) (Since Dec 1998): One infantry battalion group, Level II Hospital comprising 650 peacekeepers from all ranks and 23 staff officers till date, have been deployed. The current situation in the Mission is tense and volatile due to the crises in Syria.[14] UNIFIL's mandate is renewed by United Nations Security Council annually. Current mandate expires on 31 August 2014.[15]

(b) Congo (MONUSCO) (Since January 2005): Extended Chapter VII mandate with Augmented Infantry Brigade Group (four infantry battalions with level III Hospital), Army aviation contingent with utility helicopters along with a large number of military observers and SOs have been contributed. In addition, two Formed Police Units (FPU) ex BSF and ITBP have also been deployed since 2009. Lt Gen Chander Prakash of India, was, till recently the Force Commander in MONUSCO. MONUSCO's new mandate vide Resolution 2098 (2013) has been implemented with an Intervention Brigade provided by AU, deployed under UN Command. The FARDC along with the support of MONUSCO were able to destroy the M-23 Rebel Group, however the situation continues to be volatile and uncertain due to the presence of other armed groups.[16] The ex- CDS of India, late Bipin Rawat once commanded a MONUSCO brigade.[17]

(c) Sudan and South Sudan (UNMIS/UNMISS) (Since April 2005): Two Infantry Battalion groups, sector HQ, Engineer company, signal company, Level-II Hospital and a large number of military observers and staff officers (SOs) have been deployed. The mission has a Deputy Force Commander Brig Asit Mistry (Indian Army) and until recently a Deputy Police Commissioner Mr Sanjay Kundu (Indian Police Service) was also present there. The latest political developments in the Mission led to widespread inter-tribe violence and large displacement of locals. In the ensuing intra state conflict two Indian Peacekeepers lost their lives while ensuring Protection of Civilians.[18] The current situation continues to be highly volatile and sporadic clashes between the tribes are being reported regularly.[19]

(d) Golan Heights (UNDOF) (Since February 2006): A Logistics battalion with 190 personnel has been deployed to look after the logistics security of UNDOF. Maj.Gen. I.S. Singha is the Force Commander since July 2012. Current crisis due to Syrian conflict has impacted the mission and exchange of fire between the Syrian Forces and the armed groups have put the Peacekeepers in grave danger.[19]

(e) Ivory Coast (UNOCI) (Since April 2004): The mission has been supported by Indian staff officers (SOs) and military observers since its inception.[20]

(f) Haiti (MINUSTAH) (Since December 1997): Apart from three Indian Formed Police Unit (FPU) there, i.e. from CISF, CRPF and Assam Rifles, which have been successful,[1] the mission has been supported by Indian Army staff officers since its inception.[21]

(g) Liberia (UNMIL) (Since April 2007): India has been contributing both male and female Formed Police Units from CRPF and its Specialized unit RAF in Liberia. The Female Formed Police Unit (FPU) has especially become an inspiration for the women of the host nation and have become trendsetters for other such female FPUs across the Globe. Till recently, Mr Gautam Sawang of India was the acting Police Commissioner there.[22][23]
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

In the hijab controversy when one compares sikh turban vs hijab, besides the essential requirement per religion, in sikhs case they grow long hair and the turban covers the hair. They wear it 24x7 unlike burqa/hijab. It is not a reasonable/practical option for sikhs to remove the turban in institutions unlike burqa. If sikhs carry the knife (kirpan?) that can be argued to be disallowed.
Can that make a valid argument?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The question for Rana Ayub is "where is your essential hijab?'. Or perhaps the question should be directed to her quranically mandated chaperone (wali).
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

vijayk wrote:We need to send UN mofos a big warning. If India is funding, cut it out or sending troops to any country for peace mission, withdraw from the mission
Are we still thinking that being a good boy will eventually reward us with Permanent Membership? Time to at least withdraw our forces from a few locations to send a message...Let UN ask their permanent members to contribute human resources in a significant way. BTW it seems like the expert UN referred to in their Tweet is Irene Khan...a Bangladeshi lawyer who has previously worked with another fraud org Amnesty International. Ecosystem is like hydra...with tentacles so deep and scratching each other's back.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Was reading a tweet a couple of weeks ago and seeing today's news starting to think it might happen...0.5 war front from BIF may be graduated to a full fledged front in the next couple of years (with increasing intensity at least till 2024 elections and based on outcome it might go up or take a temporary lull)...its like fighting an invisible enemy...can't do much about it.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

dsreedhar wrote:In the hijab controversy when one compares sikh turban vs hijab, besides the essential requirement per religion, in sikhs case they grow long hair and the turban covers the hair. They wear it 24x7 unlike burqa/hijab. It is not a reasonable/practical option for sikhs to remove the turban in institutions unlike burqa. If sikhs carry the knife (kirpan?) that can be argued to be disallowed.
I cannot talk about sikh's belief and practice but let me discuss on Islam and hijab based on today's AG argument today which is almost settled that is used to prove essential requirement. This essential requirement of religion are based on four principles that is laid out by SC

1. The practice should be fundamental to that religion;

Hijab is NOT a fundamental practices of religion. What is fundamental is known to every Muslim if he says hijab he is doing takiya. This is clearly stated in bukari 8

2. If that practice is not observed, it would result in a change of the religion itself;

No... As per the petitioner hijab is a choice. Let's not go there let's look from hadith view. During the time of Mohammad hijab was not common. This is evident from hadith Sahih al-Bukhari 351

3. The practice must precede the birth of the religion itself. The foundation of religion must be based on that or must be simultaneously there along with the birth of religion. It must be co-extensive with that religion

There is no hijab in Quran the way it is interpreted. If we go by it then Allah should be wearing hijab( which is not true) see Quran 42.51

4. Binding nature. If cannot be optional. It has to be compulsive so that if one disobeys, he/ she cease to be part of that religion.

Hijab is my choice. Itself says it is optional.

Look out for tomorrow argument. AG has told he want to give reference from Quran. Let me see what he gives.
vmalik
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vmalik »

Zynda wrote:Was reading a tweet a couple of weeks ago and seeing today's news starting to think it might happen...0.5 war front from BIF may be graduated to a full fledged front in the next couple of years (with increasing intensity at least till 2024 elections and based on outcome it might go up or take a temporary lull)...its like fighting an invisible enemy...can't do much about it.
I don't see how there will be a lull. As the green population increases, violence will follow. Electoral victories are there only to account for who controls the biggest guns when crap truly hits the ceiling.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

dsreedhar wrote:In the hijab controversy when one compares sikh turban vs hijab, besides the essential requirement per religion, in sikhs case they grow long hair and the turban covers the hair. They wear it 24x7 unlike burqa/hijab. It is not a reasonable/practical option for sikhs to remove the turban in institutions unlike burqa. If sikhs carry the knife (kirpan?) that can be argued to be disallowed.
actually comparing to the sikhs is a double edged sword for the islamics. While the sikh turban is essential, it is not "taken off" in school or elsewhere. Their hair is tied in a knot at all times and then a turban. However in case of the kirpan, the sikhs themselves are not following it.

Sanjay Dixit in jaipur dialogues was also mentioning that an MP from Punjab, Simranjit Singh Mann was disallowed into the Lok Sabha in the past when he insisted on carrying a 3 foot sword or kirpan citing his religion. many Sikhs don't carry the same to school or in public anymore or travelling in international flights.

The right to practice your religion also has constraints on it in terms of "law and order", "public morality" and "safety" being more important than the issue of practicing the religion. to give an extreme example - tomorrow somebody will come and say he has right to take any female he sees as his wife, treat someone as inferior as was ordained by a book which only he has access to. Will the courts permit that nonsense?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

When are Karnataka Vidhan Sabha elections? Is the #HijabJihad part of Congress #Toolkit to consolidate? Pretty poor law and order response in the state.
The government college principal should have debarred the students immediately. He let the problem fester by inaction.
Next, the judge could have ruled based on decisions in other high courts. Instead, he kicks it to a three judge bench, making it bigger than required.
Next, we have DGP Karnataka responding to a Pak paid rabble rouser while jihadis were posting threats of violence in Shimoga.

All these points to weak govt. The government employees don't want to take decision as they fear no backup.
We need to worry about Karnataka again.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Wondering if the task of being BJP's election strategizer in chief is taking away too much time from Amit Shah's duties as the Home Minister . In this day and age with 0.5 front war as we call it starting to rage heavy the Home Ministry is a more critical role than it ever used to be and demands full attention.

AS might be better off handing it to someone else and concentrate solely on 2024 and other elections
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

for any secularists