Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rkirankr
BRFite

Re: Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

Post by rkirankr »

IndraD wrote:
SwamyG wrote:Republic TV using other media reports say Zelenskyy has fled to Poland.

added: based on Russian media/sources
with kievv surrounded by Russian troops?
From other social media channels, it seems he was never in Kiev. He had shifted out before war to Lviy on the western part ofthe country
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rkirankr wrote:
IndraD wrote: with kievv surrounded by Russian troops?
From other social media channels, it seems he was never in Kiev. He had shifted out before war to Lviy on the western part ofthe country
SwamyG wrote:
Republic TV using other media reports say Zelenskyy has fled to Poland.

added: based on Russian media/sources
must have the crossed the border into poland using an Indian flag
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Did you see Zelenskyy's speech today? All the heavily dramatic "let's have a moment of silence" BS.

That's when it struck me who Zelenskyy reminds me of... this made-for-TV neta playing the eternal victim, skilfully mouthing the scripted lines of State Dept propaganda, and presiding over the total and utter destruction of "his" country for the long-term interests of a foreign power.

Arvind Kejriwal.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Rudradevji the entire reason of this war is hidden in one word in your post above . The word is "his". I would not want to explain further on this forum. u have to read between the lines.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rudradev wrote:Did you see Zelenskyy's speech today? All the heavily dramatic "let's have a moment of silence" BS.

That's when it struck me who Zelenskyy reminds me of... this made-for-TV neta playing the eternal victim, skilfully mouthing the scripted lines of State Dept propaganda, and presiding over the total and utter destruction of "his" country for the long-term interests of a foreign power.

Arvind Kejriwal.
on point !
Last edited by kit on 05 Mar 2022 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Pratyush wrote:However, more than the fab itself.
I am more interested being able to build a lithography machine in India with Indian technology.
Sire, first let us get a fab or two going. If not, how are we going to validate a litho machine?
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Sachin wrote:
pravula wrote:I am sorry, but does the exit control stamp prevent people from leaving India?
Exit Stamp only states that the person leaving India is legally allowed to leave. He has a valid Indian passport, does not have any travel restrictions imposed on him. It is not a certificate which give assurance to the traveller that he/she can do what ever he pleases where ever he goes and then GoI works over time to bring him/her back (with all expenses paid, and at the standards set by the traveller). If some travellers have such a belief/understanding that is precisely I call "sense of entitlement" which unfortunately many of these 'students' in Ukraine seem to have. There have been rescue missions from other parts of the world where Indians work in large numbers and often at lower wages. They had no complaints and umpteen demands. IIRC at times they were even rescued and brought back in Indian Navy ships.
Cyrano wrote:Perhaps someone with legal knowledge can chime in.
Can we ask Putin to stop the war, asks CJI Ramana while hearing plea on Indian students stranded in Ukraine. This is a statement made by Chief Justice of India :lol:. And we can understand the legal position in India; when two other countries are on war. Well these 'student' worthies may be expecting Indian Para Commandos etc to just start paradropping from the air, air lifting them (and their pets as well, please) and flying back to India in an all expense paid fully videographed mission :roll:.
My mistake, was referring to Emigration Check Not Required stamp.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Suresh S wrote:Rudradevji the entire reason of this war is hidden in one word in your post above . The word is "his". I would not want to explain further on this forum. u have to read between the lines.
Sir,
I wrote the damned lines.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Anujan wrote:The Economic and Tech sanctions in Russia are likely to bite deep and hard

Even I am surprised by the scale.

Everyone from random PC game makers to companies like Salesforce and Ford are completely stopping their russian operations. This is going to become a massive pain economy-wide…..
Below is a list I had compiled a few days ago and am updating as and when I get the chance. Happy to have someone else add to it as well.
Baikul wrote:Updated. Latest additions in green.
Baikul wrote:Sometimes just putting together a list helps clarify the scope of an event. For forumers expressing surprise at one sanction of another, seeing the big picture may help underline the massive response - almost a total war without actual physical fighting - that the West is unleashing.

Military:

1. Massive influx of weapons by western nations - openly, in great detail (one example is the 20,000 Javelins being sent to Ukraine, which by themselves are enough to take out Russia’s entire arsenal of some 13,000 tanks.

2. An act hard to recall in recent memory, Western governments almost encouraging their non military citizens to pick up arms and fight (unprecedented) in Ukraine

3. Sunning reversal of national policies earlier laid down in stone: Germany with its traumatic past is supplying weapons and will make huge investment in its military

4. Committing new ground forces to NATO allies (example - Great Britain commits 1000 troops to Estonia and doubles its presence, besides upping aggressive air and naval presence)

Targeting of individuals and political institutions:

1. Some 40- 50 Individuals around Putin and key executives targeted individually (Sergei Lavrov, Sergei Shoigu, Valery Gerasimo, Kirill Shamalov, and so on) to freeze their assets and impose a travel ban.

2. EU has also restricted wealthy Russians’ access to UK banks, including a £50,000 limit on bank account

3. Russian parliament: The EU imposed sanctions on 351 members of the Russian Duma, placing them on a travel ban and asset freeze list

4. Diplomats, Russian officials and business people will no longer be able to benefit from visa facilitation provisions, which allow privileged access to the EU.

Banks and financial services

1. Russian Central Bank to be prevented from deploying its international reserves

2. SWIFT: Expulsion form an international system that will have a staggering financial impact

3. The top 8-10 Russian banks accounting for 80 percent and up of Russians global financial transactions have been cut off ( frozen assets, Ban on on issuing bonds, shares or loans in the EU for refinancing and equity restriction on major players)

Other Individual Companies:

1. Russian airline Aeroflot will be banned from UK airspace

2. Bans on:
- Rostec, Russia’s largest defence company,
- Uralvagonzavod, the world’s largest tank manufacturer
- Tactical Missile Corporation, a major supplier of air and seaborne missiles,
- United Aircraft Corporation, a Russian holding company that supplies military aircraft and includes all major Russian aircraft manufacturers,
- United Shipbuilding Corporation, largest shipbuilding company in Russia, which has constructed key Russian warships.

3. American/ Western companies that have sipped activities in Russia

Apple product sales
Nike online sales
Dell product sales
FedEx shipments
UPS shipments
Disney film releases
Warner film releases
GM shipments
Harley-Davidson shipments
Boeing pilot training
Visa network access
Mastercard network access

Attack on Russian Tech

1. EU-based companies are banned from exporting technology to Russian weapons maker JSC Kalashnikov, among others, as well as pharmaceutical companies, military communications units and shipyards.

2. US has prohibited the export of high-end and critical technical equipment and components in sectors including electronics, telecommunications and aerospace.

International Finance/ capital access

1. US has restricted companies critical to Russian economy from raising money through the US market:
- Gazprom, world’s largest natural gas company,
- RusHydro, one of Russia’s largest power companies
- Sovcomflot Russia’s largest maritime and freight shipping company
- Russian Railways and one of the world’s largest railroad companies,
- Rostelecom The country’s largest communications operator,

2. EU has issued a ban on listing the shares of Russian state-owned entities on EU trading venues. No UK individual or business can deal with the Donetsk and Luhansk, territories until Ukraine controls them again.

Sports

1. FIFA IOC UEFA and sports bodies asking for boycott of Russian sports (not just teams but also individuals -IOC recommends that international event organizers not invite Russian athletes to compete in events, as well as athletes from Belarus)
2. NHL has suspended partnerships with Russian businesses

This list is a start, it will probably expand we go along. As for impact analysis, we will probably spend weeks and months and and maybe years just figuring it out.

But it’s very clear that the western assault is multipronged, widespread and calculated to cause massive damage to Russia. As I said Total War without the actual physical fighting.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Thanks for the list Baikul. Please add RT America which has been banned by all broadcasters and they have shut down all US operations now. I would also add that major US movie studios have halted the release of films in Russia - these would be Disney, Warner, Paramount and Sony.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Baikul wrote: Below is a list I had compiled a few days ago and am updating as and when I get the chance.
Baikul ji, here are some more...

AMD, Intel, Microsoft halt sales to Russia

Toyota to suspend Russian car production, vehicle imports

Drugmakers, device companies say sanctions may hinder medical supplies to Russia

Samsung Elec says shipments to Russia suspended

Taiwan joins sanctions against Russia, including semiconductor export ban

The New License Raj

Biden administration discussing sanctions on Russia’s internet access, congressman says (this one falls in looney category)
To limit Russia’s internet access, the U.S. could order American internet service providers to block traffic to and from Russia, according to the congressman. Other countries such as the U.K. could follow suit.

The move could rely on the more than 400 undersea fiber optic cables that serve as a backbone for the internet.
Last edited by chanakyaa on 05 Mar 2022 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

What pray will Iran achieve with ICBMs? EU is solidly against Russia, Iran wants a deal to save their economy. You think they want to throw in their lot with Russia?

At best they will dangle Russian co-operation to secure better deal terms with Massa. If they start importing nuclear tipped ICBMs from Russia, its game over for them as far as cutting a deal is concerned.

Dont trust random people on twitter who have their own agenda.
achy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by achy »

Anujan wrote:
What pray will Iran achieve with ICBMs? EU is solidly against Russia, Iran wants a deal to save their economy. You think they want to throw in their lot with Russia?

At best they will dangle Russian co-operation to secure better deal terms with Massa. If they start importing nuclear tipped ICBMs from Russia, its game over for them as far as cutting a deal is concerned.

I think we need to get over that materialism is over survival. Iran knows that west will use it as doormat. IF it can get hands on nukes, no amount of inducements will sway it otherwise.

I have not analyzed the implications yet but I think Russia may offer it as a last resort or it could be just a warning to back off!
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Rudradev wrote:…..
Sir,
I wrote the damned lines.
:rotfl:

I would have read between the lines too unfortunately I have hyperopia. And myopia come to think of it.

Whose line is it anyway? (BR forums - where the lines are all made up and the points don’t matter*)

* Erm, said with affection before someone decides to take offence

On topic

Opinion: I don’t believe Zelenskiy’s going to flee. But it would be a major victory for Russia if he does. I think it’s more likely to be great leader Zelenskiy if he lives and Saint Zelenskiy if he doesn’t.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Thank you Mort Walker ji and Chanakyaa ji. As per your inputs here is the new list (with new categories created basis your feedback)

Military:

1. Massive influx of weapons by western nations - openly, in great detail (one example is the 20,000 Javelins being sent to Ukraine, which by themselves are enough to take out Russia’s entire arsenal of some 13,000 tanks.

2. An act hard to recall in recent memory, Western governments almost encouraging their non military citizens to pick up arms and fight (unprecedented) in Ukraine

3. Stunning reversal of national policies earlier laid down in stone: Germany with its traumatic past is supplying weapons and will make huge investment in its military

4. Committing new ground forces to NATO allies (example - Great Britain commits 1000 troops to Estonia and doubles its presence, besides upping aggressive air and naval presence)

Targeting of individuals and political institutions:

1. Some 40- 50 Individuals around Putin and key executives targeted individually (Sergei Lavrov, Sergei Shoigu, Valery Gerasimo, Kirill Shamalov, and so on) to freeze their assets and impose a travel ban.

2. EU has also restricted wealthy Russians’ access to UK banks, including a £50,000 limit on bank account

3. Russian parliament: The EU imposed sanctions on 351 members of the Russian Duma, placing them on a travel ban and asset freeze list

4. Diplomats, Russian officials and business people will no longer be able to benefit from visa facilitation provisions, which allow privileged access to the EU.

Banks and financial services

1. Russian Central Bank to be prevented from deploying its international reserves

2. SWIFT: Expulsion form an international system that will have a staggering financial impact

3. The top 8-10 Russian banks accounting for 80 percent and up of Russians global financial transactions have been cut off ( frozen assets, Ban on on issuing bonds, shares or loans in the EU for refinancing and equity restriction on major players)

Other Individual Companies:

1. Russian airline Aeroflot will be banned from UK airspace

2. Bans on:
- Rostec, Russia’s largest defence company,
- Uralvagonzavod, the world’s largest tank manufacturer
- Tactical Missile Corporation, a major supplier of air and seaborne missiles,
- United Aircraft Corporation, a Russian holding company that supplies military aircraft and includes all major Russian aircraft manufacturers,
- United Shipbuilding Corporation, largest shipbuilding company in Russia, which has constructed key Russian warships.

3. American/ Western companies that have sipped activities in Russia

Apple product sales
Nike online sales
Dell product sales
FedEx shipments
UPS shipments
GM shipments
Toyota to suspend Russian car production, vehicle imports
Harley-Davidson shipments
Boeing pilot training
Samsung Elec shipments to Russia suspended
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) worlds biggest contract chipmaker suspends export of cutting edge tech
Visa network access
Mastercard network access

Media
Disney film releases
Warner film releases
RT America banned by all broadcasters and they have shut down all US operations

Sanctions on Internet access
May morning happen (unless it has and I missed it) but am creating a sub category prior.

Licensing Choke:
Impact too early to say but am creating a sub category (read this article: US Imposes Export Controls on Russia and Regions of Ukraine)

Attack on Russian Tech

1. EU-based companies are banned from exporting technology to Russian weapons maker JSC Kalashnikov, among others, as well as pharmaceutical companies, military communications units and shipyards.

2. US has prohibited the export of high-end and critical technical equipment and components in sectors including electronics, telecommunications and aerospace.
3.AMD, Intel, Microsoft halt sales to Russia

International Finance/ capital access

1. US has restricted companies critical to Russian economy from raising money through the US market:
- Gazprom, world’s largest natural gas company,
- RusHydro, one of Russia’s largest power companies
- Sovcomflot Russia’s largest maritime and freight shipping company
- Russian Railways and one of the world’s largest railroad companies,
- Rostelecom The country’s largest communications operator,

2. EU has issued a ban on listing the shares of Russian state-owned entities on EU trading venues. No UK individual or business can deal with the Donetsk and Luhansk, territories until Ukraine controls them again.

Sports

1. FIFA IOC UEFA and sports bodies asking for boycott of Russian sports (not just teams but also individuals -IOC recommends that international event organizers not invite Russian athletes to compete in events, as well as athletes from Belarus)
2. NHL has suspended partnerships with Russian businesses
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

As on date, Putin's and Russia's stated objective of this war is only one---> Denazification of Ukraine...
This is ambiguous in the sense that Putin never mentioned who the Nazis are... It can be any of the following--->
1) Nazi elements in Ukraine Army (Azov batallion etc.)
2) Current Govt. of Ukraine
3) All pro-West elements within Ukraine
----
Apart from the stated objective, other demands apparently put forward by Russia, doing rounds in various media are--->
1) Ukraine to recognize independence of Donbass
2) Ukraine to recognize Crimea as integral part of Russia
----
The thing is, West is interpreting Putin's denazification as Putin wanting to bring down Ukraine Govt. and install his own puppet...
But Putin may well be talking only about detroying Nazi elements in Ukrainian Army because among Donbass and Russian nationalists, the term Nazis is used to refer to the Army units only...

Also West and media are creating hype that Putin wants to occupy entire Ukraine but is failing to so... But Putin never stated that it is his aim...
If anything, Putin only indirectly stated that he want to liberate Donbass region from Ukraine...
----
So, if we look at the on-the-ground situation, this is the progress--->
As per various sources, Ukraine's main Army units are on Donbass front and Russians are trying to cut them off from behind... These units and the units in the Kharkiv front have the so called 'Nazi' battalions...
From some unverfied Pro-Russian tweet handles, what I learnt is that Kharkiv is the HQ and recruiting office of the Neo-Nazi units and all operations on Donbass front are coordinated from there...
Once these Ukraine Units are surrounded or they manage to fall back, Putin's objective of securing Donbass Area will be achieved...
If he manages to capture some big heads of these Nazi units and execute them, Putin's stated objectives will be complete...

Even if Ukraine does not recogniza Donbass independence, once Putin secures this region, he can negotiate for a ceasefire with a 'Line of Control' and he can go around callling it 'Azad Donbass'...
Crimea is anyway secure...
----
So, unless Russian Army loses on the Donbass front, I won't say Putin will be defeated...
If they secure Donbass front, it would mean that Putin achieved his main objectives...
Any additional land he occupies/liberates will only be bonus...
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

achy wrote:
Anujan wrote:

IF it can get hands on nukes, no amount of inducements will sway it otherwise.

I have not analyzed the implications yet but I think Russia may offer it as a last resort or it could be just a warning to back off!
Not ICBMs but hint that Iran can get tactical nukes will be a last resort bargaining chip by Russia.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Does anyone even have a stock of 20000 javelins to pass on to Ukraine for free?
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Why is Zelenskiy turning on NATO for its refusal to enforce a no fly zone over Ukraine (which incidentally could be causus belli for WW3)

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... er-ukraine

The reason he would publicly berate his primary allies is IMO that enforcing the no fly zone is critical for his government. Which means that RuAF have done better than we read in the media and/or are likely to start having a decisive impact.

Or maybe he just wants to to pull NATO into this war because he knows they are losing otherwise, western assistance or no assistance
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Thakur_B wrote:Does anyone even have a stock of 20000 javelins to pass on to Ukraine for free?

Only in case those weapons are approaching the end of usable service life and either have to be refurbished or expended in combat.

Then yes there will be a lot more than 20000 missiles to pass on to Ukraine for free.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Racism and violence faced by the foreigners in UKR

https://time.com/6153276/ukraine-refuge ... ket-newtab
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Rudradev wrote:Did you see Zelenskyy's speech today? All the heavily dramatic "let's have a moment of silence" BS.

Arvind Kejriwal.

That sent a shiver down my spine. As I read ur post I was hoping it would be raga but he is to stupid for that… kejrival is a different beast
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

There is some speculation Russian casualties could be much worse than high #s thrown out by Ukranians. 4 out of 100 :shock: this could be one off thing or they were part of first wave but if not..

Russian Senator Lyudmila Narusova acknowledged huge losses of the #Russian army

"Yesterday the conscripts, who were forced to sign a contract or signed for them, were withdrawn from the war zone in #Ukraine. But from a company of a hundred men only four were left alive."
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

About Lyudmila:

Recently she said this:

And her husband:

Check this out also:
https://www.rferl.org/a/questions-remai ... 67539.html

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

:rotfl: :lol:
Dunno about ukranians but mango Indian has learnt his lesson.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

Russians forces seem to leaving Melitopol for somewhere look how big convoy is

https://twitter.com/olex_scherba/status ... 36930?s=21
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

sohamn wrote: These are standard tactics to coerce your opponent into submission without putting boots on the ground.
If these seem fair to one side, the other side might consider shelling civilians as fair too. Or create cloud of nuclwar.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Deans wrote:
achy wrote: IF it can get hands on nukes, no amount of inducements will sway it otherwise.

Not ICBMs but hint that Iran can get tactical nukes will be a last resort bargaining chip by Russia.
American "deal" with Iran tacitly accepts it as a nuclear power. There is no roll back !,,, much to the consternation of the Europeans
Div
BRFite

Post by Div »

Can you guys watch the 14 second video here and see if you spot something out of place :)

https://twitter.com/mschwirtz/status/14 ... 2829700101
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Indeed.

Calls into question what i am reading as a description of the video.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

I don’t get it, but then I was always a backbencher, hain ji.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Person wearing a jacket with what appears to be a Russian Flag.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The guy behind the truck? Seems like a blue jacket with a white reflective stripe on the back with some red lettering below it. Not Russian flag.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

RACIST WESTERN MEDIA AS IT COMES.. WHY UKRAINE IS GETTING SO MUCH SUPPORT FROM THE WEST

THE REAL ISSUE IS RACE
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Zelinksy's situation reminds me of the Telugu saying which goes: "hair is valued highly only as long its on the head". He is like a deer caught in headlights, on a bridge ! But the moment he flees Ukraine, he'll go back to being a nobody. If he stays, he'll get captured by Russians at some point.

Look how he is throwing his weight around:
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2022 ... oc-deliver
President Volodymyr Zelensky has asked that Ukraine be granted "immediate" EU membership “via a new special procedure" and signed an official application for candidacy. But despite the stated backing of several MEPs, heads of state and even European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen, such support is largely symbolic; the process of joining the EU is long, complex and requires the unanimous agreement of all 27 member states.

Under fire from Russian forces and facing an existential threat, Ukraine has taken steps to anchor itself to the rest of Europe. President Volodymyr Zelensky called for a decision on Ukrainian membership “once and for all” at the weekend before formally signing an application for EU membership on Monday and appealing for his country to be fast-tracked in its effort to join the bloc.

“We ask the European Union for Ukraine’s immediate accession via a new special procedure,” he said via video link from Kyiv as Russian troops made inroads into several regions of Ukraine. “Our goal is to be together with all Europeans and, most importantly, to be on an equal footing. I’m sure it’s fair. I’m sure it’s possible.”

“Prove that you are with us. Prove that you will not let us go,” he implored. :eek:

In an interview with Euronews TV published on Sunday, European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen expressed her support for Ukrainian membership but did not address the calls for rapid accession. “They are one of us and we want them in,” she said.

In an open letter published later that day, the presidents of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia called for EU institutions to move “to immediately grant Ukraine … EU candidate country status and open the process of negotiations”.

But neither von der Leyen nor the heads of state of EU members have the authority to grant EU candidate status or speed up the membership process. Such decisions must be unanimously agreed by all 27 member countries, who – particularly in recent years – have found themselves in vehement disagreement on a range of issues, including enlargement.

And other EU officials have been more circumspect in their response to Ukrainian aspirations. At a press conference in Berlin on Monday, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock underscored that the road to EU membership can be long and arduous.

“Joining the EU is not something that can be done in a few months ... it involves an intensive and far-reaching transformation process,” she said.

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said Monday that while Europe as a whole was facing an “existential threat” from Russia’s regression to “law of the jungle”, EU membership for Ukraine could still take "a lot of years".

Five countries currently hold official EU candidate status: Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey. Turkey’s bid has been stalled for years amid domestic political backsliding, and Montenegro and Serbia have been in accession talks since 2012 and 2014, respectively. Albania and North Macedonia were approved for membership talks in 2020 but they have yet to begin.
Copy paste the link above in your browser to read the full article.

Basically after sacrificing his people, he's now in a hurry to corner loads of free European money to lord over Ukraine.

Rudradev ji, you're bang on, he is another Kejriwal. (Also tell us how far Kejri can go in selling the country if he gets more room to play).
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

From rt.com

Russia claims it obliterated Ukraine foreign weapons depot
The MoD said it has destroyed Javelin and NLAW man-portable missiles in the city of Zhytomyr
Russia claims it obliterated Ukraine foreign weapons depot
FILE PHOTO. A shpment of weapons, including Javelin anti-tank missiles, delivered by the United States military at Boryspil Airport near Kyiv on January 25, 2022. ©Sean Gallup / Getty Images

A long-range precision strike on a military depot in the Ukrainian city of Zhytomyr has destroyed a warehouse storing West-supplied weapons, the Russian Defense Ministry claimed in its latest update on Saturday.

The warehouse was located on a military base in the northwest of Ukraine, the spokesman for the ministry, Major General Igor Konashenkov, said. The site had been used to store the American and Anglo-Swedish Javelin and NLAW man-portable anti-tank systems shipped to Ukraine in the run-up to the ongoing crisis.

Konashenkov claimed the number of Ukrainian military infrastructure targets destroyed during the operation had now surpassed 2,000. Russian troops and the allied forces of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics, Ukraine’s breakaway provinces, which Russia recently recognized as independent states, have also made progress since the start of the conflict, he said.
Russia declares temporary ceasefire in Ukraine READ MORE: Russia declares temporary ceasefire in Ukraine

The major general announced a temporary ceasefire for the cities of Mariupol and Volnovakha in the east, which will be in operation from 10am to 4pm local time. He said Russian and Ukrainian forces had agreed on establishing humanitarian corridors to allow civilians to evacuate from the two cities.

Russia invaded Ukraine nine days ago, citing the growing threat posed by NATO’s creeping expansion, and what it claimed was continued Ukrainian violence against the breakaway regions to justify its offensive. Western nations have condemned it as an unprovoked act of aggression and imposed harsh sanctions intended to cripple the Russian economy.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Massive Cyber Attack in Europe.....

https://www.india.com/news/world/many-i ... t-5269783/
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

From seeing maps of the fighting in the last 2 days (both Russian and Western), I get the impression that the Russian advance has stalled.
This is after considering that they would have to halt for an operational pause (which happened on days 5-7).

In all three areas that represent opportunities for encircling Ukrainian forces, there has been no further `closing of the ring'. These are the
surrounding of Kiev, the encircling of the Ukr forces in Donetsk/Luhansk and an encirclement west of the Dnieper, that can potentially cut Ukraine in two. In all three operations, they seem to be pushing in other directions, with smaller forces, trying to find some way around Ukie forces.

Russian sources acknowledge that reserves are being called up. There are rail convoys of older material - T-72s and BMPs moving to the front.
Briefing of Russian MOD sounds a big subdued. For e.g. heavy fighting in the direction of Metropol, means that the city hasn't yet fallen. There was a para drop to seize a bridge North West of Odessa (to link with ground forces advancing from Kherson). There was no further news of that suggesting it had failed.