Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Re: Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

Post by Amber G. »

Very interesting non-reaction from Russian media about fires in Bryansk. Taking a very cautious approach and waiting for an investigation. Also interesting that only 1 outlet mentioned that the fires are in an area of ​​the Druzhba oil depot. We are now at the 6th fire in days

And I saw my warning tweet from last week about Bryansk blowing up. I'm keeping an eye to see where this goes and whether Ukraine will be accused or if it's part of something bigger
<Verified account of Olga Lautman

Also In Barvikha, Russia a mansion belonging to the family of the governor of the Moscow Region Andrei Vorobyov is on fire. (Baza is reporting that the area of the fire is already more than 100 square meters. The Ministry of Emergency Situations is on site)
https://twitter.com/oldLentach/status/1 ... G6t9Jdn4-w
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

yeah I've been scratching my head as to what benefits Russia gets from this mechanism. I can think of few things
They get to determine the exchange rate for the conversion
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

NATO knew all along that it can't win a conventional war against Russia in Europe but thought it could provoke Russia to start a war with Ukraine and then get it to back off with all the sanctions and media shaming thus weakening Putin domestically and leading to his overthrow and hence regime change.

Why is regime change in Russia important? Why now? Because controlling oil commodities and food production is important if the west wants to resist and counter China in the future and maintain its grip on System 2.0.

Seems they wrongly misunderestimated Putin. Twice. Firstly on Russia's war fighting abilities, secondly on the extent of global support he enjoys.

So they planned a chem/bio/N false flag by a losing Russia desparate to win but had to abandon that plan because Russia is actually and visibly winning.

But the west won't give up easily, they will now shift focus to attacking Russia from the inside and blame it on Ukraine, then do an unacceptable false flag in Ukraine and blame it on Russia as it's retaliation.

They hope to shake the support Russia currently enjoys from India, China and the global south and weaken it by somehow get every one to boycott buying from Russia.

Poker players going against a chess player in real life will look exactly like this.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

European countries cannot claim ignorance of the brutal neoNazi regime they have supported in Ukraine since years...
Download the OSCE report in the video description and share this with any Ukraine supporters around you.

m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Baikul wrote: I phrased that poorly, admittedly. I meant to say that there are nuances between what he was imprisoned for, and what he is saying in this video on the efficacy of the javelin. These are two separate things, and he presents an interesting point in the latter.
Fair enough saar and fwiw i do agree with this.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The Ukranians seem to have upset the Japanese by comparing Emperor Hirohito to Hitler. After Japan protested, they hurriedly turned tail and apologized.

The name is truly apt: Pakraine. Complete sense of entitlement and Pakiness…
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

^^^ Zelensky is asking for $ 7 billion per month as support for Ukraine

So no money will be left for any bakshish to pakis
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Atmavik wrote:^^^ Zelensky is asking for $ 7 billion per month as support for Ukraine

That's just 84 billions a year. Easy for EU and US to afford as long as dollars and Euro are accepted international currencies.

Take that out of the equation. This will end quickly.
Last edited by Pratyush on 26 Apr 2022 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Yup. It is paying time.i think 7 billion is less. Ukraine need 30 billion per month plus visa free travel for all Ukraine people.....to the free world.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Tanaji wrote:The Ukranians seem to have upset the Japanese by comparing Emperor Hirohito to Hitler. After Japan protested, they hurriedly turned tail and apologized.

The name is truly apt: Pakraine. Complete sense of entitlement and Pakiness…
exactly their sense of entitlement seems to come from "persecution/ victim" complex that makes it their "birthright" to shame anyone and everyone in whatever low levels of decency , if their demands are not met.

Just amazing
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Atmavik wrote:^^^ Zelensky is asking for $ 7 billion per month as support for Ukraine

yup ., prolonging the war means freebies and goodie gravy train continues to flow .. maybe they should send some to russia to keep this going on :((
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Just last week my colleague returned back from Russia after a family funeral.
Horrendous and arduous journey from any EU/UK region to travel to Russia. :roll:
He mentioned that lots of Ukrainians(specially from soldiers and foreign fighters from Donbas/Mariupol regions and Russia occupied) are taking Corridor to East and enter Russia where they are given visa for Europe (all organised by Amnesty and such NGO's)
They then return back to Ukraine via Western border
Another interesting fact he mentioned (Whether true I DONT KNOW) All Ukrainians get free visa to EU
Given accommodation in 4 star hotels
Three meals a days
Pocket money
Free Mobile and internet connections!! :eek:
sohamn
BRFite

Post by sohamn »

My Russian friends are indeed suffering, a lot of commodity that they were used to is missing from the shelves. They don't like Putin but feel that the Ukraine war was necessary.

Ukrainian friends are suffering too and unlike the opinion in this forum, Zelensky is very popular with the ukrainian common folk.
Megh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Megh »

Dozens of civilians who died during the Russian occupation of the Ukrainian city of Bucha were killed by tiny metal arrows from shells of a type fired by Russian artillery.
According to a number of witnesses in Bucha, fléchette rounds were fired by Russian artillery a few days before forces withdrew from the area at the end of March.
The Guardian

But I don`t understand. If Russian forces captured Bucha a few days after the invasion began in February, where did the Russian artillery shelling come from? Rusi cannons fired on civilians and russian soldiers too :?:
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Megh wrote:
Dozens of civilians who died during the Russian occupation of the Ukrainian city of Bucha were killed by tiny metal arrows from shells of a type fired by Russian artillery.
According to a number of witnesses in Bucha, fléchette rounds were fired by Russian artillery a few days before forces withdrew from the area at the end of March.
The Guardian

But I don`t understand. If Russian forces captured Bucha a few days after the invasion began in February, where did the Russian artillery shelling come from? Rusi cannons fired on civilians and russian soldiers too :?:
The whole Ukr narrative has been paki playbook non stop. media management seems to be the only thing the pakis and euro pakis are good at. common denominator to both is the US SD and CIA support
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

From BR archives. Thread started by Phillip.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4250
Everything we see in Ukraine along with comments is already said in that old thread.
Megh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Megh »

ramana wrote:From BR archives. Thread started by Phillip.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4250
Everything we see in Ukraine along with comments is already said in that old thread.
Yep! Same thing.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Latest update on the eastern front (sounds like some Chinese general is giving the details):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiDRbiEEkI
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Another update, most likely the Ukr PoV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8JCf9jTQ8
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

sohamn wrote:My Russian friends are indeed suffering, a lot of commodity that they were used to is missing from the shelves. They don't like Putin but feel that the Ukraine war was necessary.

Ukrainian friends are suffering too and unlike the opinion in this forum, Zelensky is very popular with the ukrainian common folk.
I’m not sure if this forum is universally of the opinion. Yes members’ views may vary.

A few weeks ago I had cited research that attested to Zelenskyy’s popularity in in country. See on this page:

viewtopic.php?t=6960&start=3000
Kati wrote:Another update, most likely the Ukr PoV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8JCf9jTQ8
I find this guy to be quite good. He has quite a following now.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Meanwhile, Russian tourists are flooding the Turkish beaches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPSD5DHSiA
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Jaishankar burning the West again on Russia by calling out the hypocrisy of so-called rules-based order. This guy is a gem !

Particularly ~5:50 and ~11:00
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

ramana wrote:From BR archives. Thread started by Phillip.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4250
One comment from that thread is that the USA could not escalate by providing sufficient help to Georgia, because Russia might then escalate in Iraq. So the setup for this conflict may be why the withdrawal from Afghanistan had to be done post-haste.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Things are about to become very interesting, in the southeast region of Odessa as the Russ troops in the breakaway region of Transnistria have been activated. Several blasts are being reported in Transnistria and the Zatoka bridge is damaged. Remaining 150km of access to Black Sea could be lost soon.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Transnistria is sparsely populated, there could be hardly 1500 RuA soldiers there guarding whats said to be one of europe's largest ammunition stores. Rumour has it that AFU want to attack it to help themselves, more readily usable that what west is supplying them. Also creates a major diversion which they hope will delay RuAs action in the east.

Moldova is surely shitting bricks...
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

chanakyaa wrote:Things are about to become very interesting, in the southeast region of Odessa as the Russ troops in the breakaway region of Transnistria have been activated. Several blasts are being reported in Transnistria and the Zatoka bridge is damaged. Remaining 150km of access to Black Sea could be lost soon.
Sorry not sure I follow? This means Russia will lose access to Black Sea? How so?
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

In my mind - since the start of the conflict - Russia would aim to cutoff ukraine from black sea - moldova might welcome russia as its neighbor.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Tanaji wrote:...
Sorry not sure I follow? This means Russia will lose access to Black Sea? How so?
Anna, how can Russia lose access? :D It is Pakarine who will lose access Black Sea onlee with the fall of Odessa
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Transnistria is a thorn in the flesh for Moldova and to a lesser extent Romania(which hopes to unify with Moldova someday). It was formed with help from Russia and Ukraine as a buffer of Russian speaking populace. Neither Moldova nor Romania will relish the idea of Russia coming to the neighbourhood and may come together if it happens. For Russia too the reward of Transnistria is too low for risking a world war. These attacks seem to be unkil-led mischief to turn this into something bigger. Russia may want to landlock Ukraine at best and nothing more.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

RETURN TO THE 1930 s

WHATS THE DEFINITION OF "WE" ?

UKRAINE AND THE WEST'S CONSPIRACY

YOU DONT BECOME A SAINT ON OTHERS SINS
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Gas supplies to Bulgaria and Poland to be cut from Wednesday onwards for non payment in roubles.

Poland has been barking too much because of the NATO umbrella. We will see how they take this hit.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Where are US and EU laws about monopoly?
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

vinod wrote:Gas supplies to Bulgaria and Poland to be cut from Wednesday onwards for non payment in roubles.

Poland has been barking too much because of the NATO umbrella. We will see how they take this hit.
Sirji this is not about Poland anymore. The US liberal agenda has a deeper goal so any hit will be papered over and everything thing will be hunky-dory.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Following purely a speculative assessment based on info in public domain...
These attacks seem to be unkil-led mischief to turn this into something bigger.
It is completely possible and I'm sure uncle would like to see it blow up. But, so far the scope creep hasn't happened b'cas I believe the boundaries of of conflict are clearly understood between Russ and uncle, regardless of all fake and and fabricated news put up by MSM. The onlee scope creep possible is in the breakaway region of Moldova, but may not grow beyond that.
Gas supplies to Bulgaria and Poland to be cut from Wednesday onwards for non payment in roubles.

Under the noble plan of arming Ukie, Poland is receiving heavy mil equipment. Is it possible that poles are preparing (or being prepared) to make a move in western Ukie for post-conflict realities (peacekeeping force in whatever left of Ukraine), purely defensive in nature?
GeorgeWelch
BRFite

Post by GeorgeWelch »

Rsatchi wrote:Another interesting fact he mentioned (Whether true I DONT KNOW) All Ukrainians get free visa to EU
Given accommodation in 4 star hotels
Three meals a days
Pocket money
Free Mobile and internet connections!! :eek:
There have been over 5 million refugees from Ukraine to Europe, of which nearly 3 million are in Poland.

There aren't 3 million 4-star accomodations in Poland.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

UK wants to send fighters to Ukraine along with other heavy weapons:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61239075

Germany has already sent “anti aircraft tanks” : these seem to be simply AA cannons mounted on a tracked vehicle. That too, of a 75-80s vintage. UK seems to be fishing in troubled waters as usual, as blowback to it is always limited.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Closest point from UK/Germany to Russia (Kaliningrad) is 1500kms/500km, if we consider the distance between mainland Russia and UK/Germany (1000km/200km). No wonder Germany is more cautious than UK in proposing more arms supply.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Tanaji wrote:UK wants to send fighters to Ukraine along with other heavy weapons:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61239075

Germany has already sent “anti aircraft tanks” : these seem to be simply AA cannons mounted on a tracked vehicle. That too, of a 75-80s vintage. UK seems to be fishing in troubled waters as usual, as blowback to it is always limited.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flakpanzer_Gepard

This is a vehicle very similar to tunguska, but without missiles.

Some of these vehicles were upgraded with stingers during the late 90s.

Not sure how effective they will be against modern EW.
GeorgeWelch
BRFite

Post by GeorgeWelch »

prahaar wrote:Closest point from UK/Germany to Russia (Kaliningrad) is 1500kms/500km, if we consider the distance between mainland Russia and UK/Germany (1000km/200km). No wonder Germany is more cautious than UK in proposing more arms supply.
Russia isn't launching any offensives from Kaliningrad, that would be logistical suicide.

Germany doesn't fear any conventional assault from Russia.

- The last two months have demonstrated Russia's inability to conduct large-scale operations away from home
- Any (reasonable) invasion of Germany would have to run through Poland first, triggering NATO and real US intervention.

If anything, their distance from Russia decreases their urgency to do anything, hence why you see huge (relative) contributions from the baltic states who know that they are next if Ukraine falls.

Germany's dependence on Russian gas is a far more reasonable explanation (also German politicians that have been 'influenced' by Russian cash).

However Germany is working as rapidly as possible to reduce their reliance on such imports while at the same time Russia's cruel treatment of civilians is increasing the pressure from voters to do more.

And thus we see them starting to increase their level of military contribution.