2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by shravanp »

Kanoji wrote:
chetak wrote:
The aim is the deliberate breakup of the Hindu family structure and its inbuilt familial support systems, the destruction of old traditions comprising of tried and tested social and domestic support systems and the irreversible degradation of a historic culture that keep multigenerational families in close contact and form the basis of heritage and socio religious legacy. Nuclear families that have been rendered rootless and finally left disjointed because one generation has been brainwashed into not recognizing it's dharmic responsibilities towards the previous generation which it has seemingly abandoned. Look at the majority of the societies in western countries and the blowback that has left them defiled as a people
+108. We did not even recognize the positive foundational influence of the joint family system. The past governments have also helped in this endeavour by not including studies of Indian family and social structures and values.
I have a different take on it. I think 'Globalization' era that ushered in early 90s, wrt to jobs, and occupations dealt a severe blow to family structure. And it's worldwide. Not just Hindus. Families uprooted from their towns, forced to move elsewhere. So many instances of boys and girls moving to US for studies and then get sucked into H1/GC processes, with parents back in India getting older year by year and alone. I am managed to be lucky as I have my parents with me, and I have seen kids who grow up in their grand parents environment have a great degree of emotional quotient and just growing up with mom/dad.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

shravanp wrote:
Kanoji wrote:
+108. We did not even recognize the positive foundational influence of the joint family system. The past governments have also helped in this endeavour by not including studies of Indian family and social structures and values.
I have a different take on it. I think 'Globalization' era that ushered in early 90s, wrt to jobs, and occupations dealt a severe blow to family structure. And it's worldwide. Not just Hindus. Families uprooted from their towns, forced to move elsewhere. So many instances of boys and girls moving to US for studies and then get sucked into H1/GC processes, with parents back in India getting older year by year and alone. I am managed to be lucky as I have my parents with me, and I have seen kids who grow up in their grand parents environment have a great degree of emotional quotient and just growing up with mom/dad.

Shravanpji - Absolutely. All that is true...but we have to understand that there has been a sustained assault in the concept of family : https://www.theepochtimes.com/chapter-s ... 61675.html
Kanoji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kanoji »

shravanp wrote: I have a different take on it. I think 'Globalization' era that ushered in early 90s, wrt to jobs, and occupations dealt a severe blow to family structure. And it's worldwide. Not just Hindus. Families uprooted from their towns, forced to move elsewhere. So many instances of boys and girls moving to US for studies and then get sucked into H1/GC processes, with parents back in India getting older year by year and alone. I am managed to be lucky as I have my parents with me, and I have seen kids who grow up in their grand parents environment have a great degree of emotional quotient and just growing up with mom/dad.
shravanp ji,

I agree that Globalization was a factor in disrupting the family structure in India. The larger point I am trying to make is that we as Indians failed to realize the strength of our family and social structures. To give you another example there was this gora researcher whose name eludes me who studied family based businesses in Gujarat, Rajastan, Tiruppur (TN) and came up with the term "Social capital". He was basically appreciating the self help nature of some caste groups. We on he other hand never even acknowledged these kinds of social structures.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kanoji wrote:
shravanp wrote: I have a different take on it. I think 'Globalization' era that ushered in early 90s, wrt to jobs, and occupations dealt a severe blow to family structure. And it's worldwide. Not just Hindus. Families uprooted from their towns, forced to move elsewhere. So many instances of boys and girls moving to US for studies and then get sucked into H1/GC processes, with parents back in India getting older year by year and alone. I am managed to be lucky as I have my parents with me, and I have seen kids who grow up in their grand parents environment have a great degree of emotional quotient and just growing up with mom/dad.
shravanp ji,

I agree that Globalization was a factor in disrupting the family structure in India. The larger point I am trying to make is that we as Indians failed to realize the strength of our family and social structures. To give you another example there was this gora researcher whose name eludes me who studied family based businesses in Gujarat, Rajastan, Tiruppur (TN) and came up with the term "Social capital". He was basically appreciating the self help nature of some caste groups. We on he other hand never even acknowledged these kinds of social structures.
Globalization has perhaps affected only a tiny miniscule of a very small percentage of the population in India and it is not appropriate to use it like it is being used now in the form of a straw man argument.

the society at large and the middle class working population in India in particular has only been (so far) affected in terms of some online shopping for goods and things of that nature influenced largely by visual, electronic and social media because their consumption of visual and social media content is globalized. Their mindset however, remains firmly rooted in the tier two towns where most of them come from

some of the richer ones, the middle management types among the middle classes who work for foreign companies in India have certainly turned wokish but they still have not gone the full monty as far as neglecting the previous generation is concerned.

a lot of retired parents live with such wokish and often married offspring and they are essentially used to provide child care and house keeping services (household and hired help management) since the "husband and wife" are too busy "working" and providing offshore coolie services for their foreign companies. These guys often keep US hours at work and so have no time to look after their kids. Their solution to almost all problems at home with their kids is limited to throwing expensive gifts at them and hoping that their kid's grandparents will resolve such issues.

majorly, there are no globalization issues in play here but a misplaced sense of entitlement and a certain degree of callous detachment, lifted straight out of some poisonous bollywood produced saas bahu serial.

It is also the hep space where a woke whose melodious and beautiful traditionally given name is susurpa gulabkavalla pushpaleelavathi, now answers only to the name "suzy"
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

It is also the hep space where a woke whose melodious and beautiful traditionally given name is susurpa gulabkavalla pushpaleelavathi, now answers only to the name "suzy"
:rotfl:
Spot on Chetak ji. Where Indian culture comes back into the forefront of everyone's life is during the festivals that dot our calendar with regularity. And not just the big ones. Thats why the relentless attack on our festivals which are a joyous celebration of every form of life !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@vikrantkumar

Stunning, Tawang clash Between PLA and Indian Army actually helped Congress evade the parliamentary statement by HM on Rajiv Gandhi Foundation receiving 1.35 Crore from the Chinese Embassy in India.

This is turning out to be one heck of a Conspiracy...

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

How difficult is it to add the question to the list again and have the HM answer it?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

India @ Global Indices:Decoding the Bias by DDIndia

Please watch and spread
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:
:rotfl:
Spot on Chetak ji. Where Indian culture comes back into the forefront of everyone's life is during the festivals that dot our calendar with regularity. And not just the big ones. Thats why the relentless attack on our festivals which are a joyous celebration of every form of life !

Cyrano ji,

These scum are the woke examples of the globalized Indian, thus betraying the perennial thirst of a great many rootless Indians for the white skin's approval.

This criminally woke bunch that so eagerly took the knee for blacks who don't even exist in India and the few blacks that one met were not only racist but also anti Indian behind their forced smiles.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Came across a new initiative. Forum for Indo-Greek-Armenia axis to address Turkey-Pak-Azerbaijan.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Our team fellas may have a good cricketing brain, but perhaps their thinking doesnt go much further. Most are post-teens and 20 somethings swimming in the foam of fortune and fame, unaware of the sharks below. Its the Sr players and BCCI headed by Shah Jr that need to be questioned.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

1.5 Billion population and get beaten by West Indies and New Zealand like countries whose total population is less than that of Mumbai and our chaps have good cricketing brain ? Cricket is not even the top sport in England, Australia, New Zealand and Caribbean. If you want to see an example of how deskilled and useless we are in general look no further than cricket.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

here is a NRI/(or green card holder) gaddar meddling in Indian politics

no one says that it is not his right to do so but one wonders as to the reason why an alleged amerki academic is doing so and who is backing him.

what does he expect in return.....

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Project 39A, as woke as they come

via@P39A_nlud

Project 39A is a criminal justice research and litigation centre and formally a part of the National Law University, Delhi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

chetak wrote:here is a NRI/(or green card holder) gaddar meddling in Indian politics

no one says that it is not his right to do so but one wonders as to the reason why an alleged amerki academic is doing so and who is backing him.

Both Pappu and this star economist are backed by the same forces sitting abroad. This is their dream team of future PM and Finance Minister running India in consultation with them.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted form the russia ukr thread

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:here is a NRI/(or green card holder) gaddar meddling in Indian politics

ouch!!

Imagevia@ShaunakSA
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Chetakji
Slight correction if I am allowed
We have pushed our minuscule black population to obscurity
In my state Karnataka we have blacks Siddi’s if you remember but they are hardly ever portrayed in public life
First time ever was in Ravichandran Kannada movie Drishya where a siddi origin chap has acted
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

chetak wrote:x posted form the russia ukr thread

more information on same
(India already has bought oill worth $20B from Ru from March this yr)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rsatchi wrote:Chetakji
In my state Karnataka we have blacks Siddi’s if you remember but they are hardly ever portrayed in public life
First time ever was in Ravichandran Kannada movie Drishya where a siddi origin chap has acted
Rsatchi ji,

Sorry. Missed them completely.

Much obliged for catching the mistake. These people are very different from the entitled, chip on the shoulder, passport holding variety from overseas.

They speak the local language of the state where they stay. They are mostly Siddis or Habshis and are of Ethiopian, Bantu, and Abyssinian descent.

They are also in gujarat and they speak fluent gujarati, and parts of daman and goa. I first saw them there.

The most famous Siddi, Malik Ambar, effectively controlled the Ahmadnagar Sultanate in the Deccan. He played a major role, politically and militarily, in Indian history by limiting the penetration of the Mughal power into the Deccan Plateau. He was an Ethiopian who was enslaved in his youth.

one legend I heard has it that the Abyssinians came as bodyguards to a local king on the daman coast. Some africans came with the armies of babur, others came as traders, mercenaries, and still others were brought in as slaves

One way or another, they have been in India for over a thousand years.
African dispersal in India covers several states/provinces namely, Bengal, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Daman and Diu, Goa and Andhra Pradesh.

In Gujarat, they are found in the districts of Surat, Ahmedabad, Amerili, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Rajkot, and Bhavnagar, Broach/Bharuch near Ratanpur and the former kingdom of Kutch/Katchch. They are normally settled in areas of their own but in Ahmedabad, Broach and Kutch they live in mixed areas as they do in parts of Andhra Pradesh.

In Maharashtra they are settled in Raigad district. In Uttar Pradesh they are situated in Jaunpur. The North Kanara District of Karnataka comprises 11 talukas and out of eleven the seven talukas have consisted of large number of Siddi settlements. Dharwad and Belgaum also possess some Siddis population.
They are all Indians now and many of them still follow some of their old customs.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

chetak wrote:This criminally woke bunch that so eagerly took the knee for blacks who don't even exist in India and the few blacks that one met were not only racist but also anti Indian behind their forced smiles.
Rsatchi wrote:Chetakji
RSatchi-avare, while you are technically correct here, I feel it is a false equivalence to bring up the Siddis in a conversation about western racism against blacks or "taking the knee". There is no history or instance of racism, institutional or otherwise, against the Siddis. They are just a tiny population that is mostly left alone to live their life as they see fit. If anything, the Indian state can be accused of not spreading awareness of their existence, but that would apply to dozens of such tiny communities that make up this country, the Chinese origin folks of Kolkata are another such example.

Our cricket team taking the knee was for no purpose except useless virtue signalling that was started by that idiotic self-styled "West Indian", Pandya. We should (and mostly have since) leave it well alone. Not our problem.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Great economist :rotfl:

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Even a broken economist is right twice a decade
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/natio ... urt-461281

Nirav Modi loses ability to appeal to UK Supreme Court. Bringing him back would be a coup!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prem Kumar wrote:https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/natio ... urt-461281

Nirav Modi loses ability to appeal to UK Supreme Court. Bringing him back would be a coup!
Prem Kumar ji,

This means very little in practical terms.

He may still have the options of approaching the EU courts, human rights commission etc

The UK cabinet can overrule their SC if need be. If cabinet green flags extradition the EHRC can grant permanent asylum against which no appeal is allowed.

So bringing Nirav back to India is a long long long way off.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

All this process is hogwash, what court process was followed for Victor Bout's release, Nirav Modi return if at all will be based on Government to Govrnment deal.over something.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

SC bench headed by CJI Chandrachud grants bail to the Muslim convict of Godhra Train massacre. He was convicted to be the key conspirator and Chandrachud headed bench downgraded him to ‘stone pelter’.
https://www.opindia.com/2022/12/man-con ... andrachud/
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Look at the pain of scoundrels like @dhume ... their fear is palatable ...

Sadanand Dhume
@dhume
Modi wants to industrialize India by raising tariffs and paying private companies to meet production targets. There’s reason to be skeptical of this approach. [My take]
Sadanand Dhume @dhume
Worth your time for anyone interested in a balanced assessment of India’s industrial policy under Modi. [Video, 39m]
https://twitter.com/arvindsubraman/stat ... 1486731264
Sadanand Dhume @dhume

In the glass half full view of Indian manufacturing, the country is poised to boom, thanks in part to shifting geopolitical winds. In the skeptical view, India’s misguided policies will likely ensure that it misses the manufacturing bus yet again. [Audio, 11m]

John Batchelor @batchelorshow
#India: The jury ponders India as the new supply chain. Sadanand Dhume, WSJOpinion https://audioboom.com/posts/8212675-ind ... wsjopinion via @Audioboom #India
Scums like Dhume/Arvind Subramaniam/Karan Thapar doing every thing to spread nuisance to reduce interest in India for manufacturing

No one is interested in their tweets. No RTs/No Likes. Nothing :rotfl:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Gift sent by a Ukraine official to Pole police chief exploded in face
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... e-explodes
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ wrong thread?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Prem Kumar wrote:Even a broken economist is right twice a decade
:lol: +1

Even years predict inflation, odd years predict recession, leap years predict depression.. you are bound to be correct once a decade at least
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

chetak wrote:....

He may still have the options of approaching the EU courts, human rights commission etc

The UK cabinet can overrule their SC if need be. If cabinet green flags extradition the EHRC can grant permanent asylum against which no appeal is allowed.

True. Heard that he can apply for asylum to the UK and/or approach EU Human Rights commission. His billions are gainfully spent, enriching those bankrupt exchequers

We can try a quid-pro-quo as part of the FTA deal or some naming/shaming coercive diplomacy. As a last resort, we should do a grab of these fugitives. I believe something was tried with Choski, but the op seemed botched.

Its important that a message be sent. Saam, dhaan .....
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Prem Kumar wrote:
chetak wrote:....

True. Heard that he can apply for asylum to the UK and/or approach EU Human Rights commission. His billions are gainfully spent, enriching those bankrupt exchequers
Agreed. To buttress your point, Vijay Mallya. This t*rd too went through all these steps and is nowhere near to reaching Indian shores. This is the situation after losing every round legally. So much for the world famous English law/courts. I don't know who are bigger crooks - fugitives like Mallya, Nirav Modi etc or the Bri$hits :evil:
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^^ i think they should try to have RAW- agints extract mallya et al and turn them up in India. will be good practice for nanha mujahids of raw in carrying out such operations and will be a deterrent against harboring indian fugitives in the future. even if it gets botched up no big deal. still good practice...
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Interesting coincidences happening.

1. Clash at Arunachal Pradesh
2. MEA responds to Paki reporter, and then Bilawal Bhutto speaks out verbal garbage against our PM.
3. Rahul Gandhi slams Government on China issue, says our armed forces are not prepared.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

Don't the comments from Bhutto show that TSP sees itself as a part of India. But with a separate electorate.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shravanp wrote:Interesting coincidences happening.

1. Clash at Arunachal Pradesh
2. MEA responds to Paki reporter, and then Bilawal Bhutto speaks out verbal garbage against our PM.
3. Rahul Gandhi slams Government on China issue, says our armed forces are not prepared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlzBMR29v94

Why is there demonizing for Hindus and Modi Ji - Bilatakalluf Discussion with Tahir Gora @TAG TV