Aero India 2023

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Aero India 2023

Post by Cyrano »

Hanuman sticker removed from the tail of HLFT42 following ""controversy " !! WTF ?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1625388192403976192

Watch a typical pusillanimous response by the HAL CMD: "Heh, heh, heh: we don't want any controversy. We are a secular country, no. Hanuman will inflame passions, no. I have no spine, no"

Hack-thoo!
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

https://twitter.com/hvtiaf/status/1625378695207878656 ---> Chill maro, doston! Everyday, is a different tail art. All are beautiful and inspirational, by different artists. I am not at the site today, so some delay. See you in the evening. Wish me a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Cyrano wrote:Hanuman sticker removed from the tail of HLFT42 following ""controversy " !! WTF ?
What controversy? Why are we like this onlee? What nonsesense!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/ReviewVayu/status/1 ... XmpP4UedVg ---> What did the Jaguar see?

The Jaguar SAAW the ASRAAM.

(OK bad one).

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

After much deliberation, I am heading to AI tomorrow just to see the Air Show...will be @ ADVA area. I just booked the ticket along with vehicle pass but the pass is yet to be received. After some reading, it looks like pass will take some time to reach mailbox. For folks who attended either today or yesterday, without vehicle pass, would I be allowed to park inside? There was some discussion (@ BLR Mirror) that folks are being encouraged to park near Jakkur and avail public transport to reach the venue.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/livefist/status/162 ... x_OAgC52NA ---> HAL & @GeneralAtomics jointly announce that MQ-9B turbo-propeller engines will receive in-country MRO support in country at HAL’s Engine Division in Bengaluru. Aero India 23 (art depicting an armed MQ-9 in Indian colours at the show this week).

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Rakesh wrote:What controversy? Why are we like this onlee? What nonsesense!
It was even debated on the Arnab show today. Glad that he picked it up. Spineless HAL
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Cyrano wrote:Hanuman sticker removed from the tail of HLFT42 following ""controversy " !! WTF ?
One of these days the seculars will whine about the Dharma chakra in the flag. Just wait and see.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rakesh wrote: https://twitter.com/livefist/status/162 ... x_OAgC52NA ---> HAL & @GeneralAtomics jointly announce that MQ-9B turbo-propeller engines will receive in-country MRO support in country at HAL’s Engine Division in Bengaluru. Aero India 23 (art depicting an armed MQ-9 in Indian colours at the show this week).
Heck, Enqyoob can design Predator ka baap with one eye closed.
Only IAF won't accept.
Maybe the Coast Guard or ITBP will accept.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

The ICG & CAPFs are not pampered with money and are more humble. They induct and make good use of indigenous platforms like the ALH-MK-III (marine optimized), home-built OPVs, carbines etc

DRDO should focus a good bit of R&D on these customers. In small arms, the CAPF requirements are nothing to sneeze at - they are bigger than the armies of many countries
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks any posters of the air-delivered bombs that DRDO chief was talking about?
And the ejection seat?
I have seen the specs for the 180 hp engine.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rustom Tapas II footage from the ElOp sensor of the AeroIndia 23!!!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Zynda wrote:After much deliberation, I am heading to AI tomorrow just to see the Air Show...will be @ ADVA area. I just booked the ticket along with vehicle pass but the pass is yet to be received. After some reading, it looks like pass will take some time to reach mailbox. For folks who attended either today or yesterday, without vehicle pass, would I be allowed to park inside? There was some discussion (@ BLR Mirror) that folks are being encouraged to park near Jakkur and avail public transport to reach the venue.
I'm heading over now, will update if I find some info about vehicles. I'm told the entire airport road is closed for non-show vehicles and only BMTC buses are allowed. I'm taking the airport volvo for this reason.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Image of HLFT-42 with Hanuman image
Save it as its a treasure.

https://twitter.com/AskAnshul/status/16 ... -NpQfh_SHA
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arshyam wrote:
Zynda wrote:After much deliberation, I am heading to AI tomorrow just to see the Air Show...will be @ ADVA area. I just booked the ticket along with vehicle pass but the pass is yet to be received. After some reading, it looks like pass will take some time to reach mailbox. For folks who attended either today or yesterday, without vehicle pass, would I be allowed to park inside? There was some discussion (@ BLR Mirror) that folks are being encouraged to park near Jakkur and avail public transport to reach the venue.
I'm heading over now, will update if I find some info about vehicles. I'm told the entire airport road is closed for non-show vehicles and only BMTC buses are allowed. I'm taking the airport volvo for this reason.
Can you take as many pictures of the DRDO stall please? The ejection seat, tapas engine, air-delivered bombs, PGM kit.
And picture of TGM shell
Thanks
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

ramana wrote:F-35 flown in AeroIndia 23

https://twitter.com/sharrmasumann/statu ... -NpQfh_SHA
One cancels out the other...
ramana wrote:Russia wants to sell S-500

https://twitter.com/PatilSushmit/status ... -NpQfh_SHA
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

ramana wrote:Rustom Tapas II footage from the ElOp sensor of the AeroIndia 23!!!
https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status/16 ... ZjiC5Q6vHA ---> This image, extracted from India's indigenously developed TAPAS UAV video feed of #AeroIndia2023U deserves some appreciation, taken at 15,000 feet the UAV's ground coverage is quite detailed, hope we see more such imagery via the Indian MOD in the future.

https://twitter.com/alpha_defense/statu ... ZjiC5Q6vHA ---> Screen grab from Tapas live feed:

1. The images on full screen were HD. This degradation is like coz of compression while sharing (What's app & Twitter)
2. We could not spot Tapas at any point of time (she was at 15K+)
3. Spotting crew and road cones from 15K+ feet is remarkable

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

six (6) Ex-Air India planes being converted to AWAC etc.

https://twitter.com/VivekSi85847001/sta ... -NpQfh_SHA

This is forum special.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

ramana wrote:six (6) Ex-Air India planes being converted to AWACS etc.

This is forum special.
Disappointment over this news. I thought it was going to be six AWACS aircraft, but now it is three Netra Mk2s and 2 SIGNIT/COMJAM and one FTB. I hope they eventually convert that FTB into a fourth AWACS. The IAF is woefully short on AWACS ---> 3 Phalcons + 2 Netra Mk1s. The Phalcons are reportedly having significant downtime, due to the IL-76 platform.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rakesh wrote:
ramana wrote:six (6) Ex-Air India planes being converted to AWACS etc.

This is forum special.
Disappointment over this news. I thought it was going to be six AWACS aircraft, but now it is three Netra Mk2s and 2 SIGNIT/COMJAM and one FTB. I hope they eventually convert that FTB into a fourth AWACS. The IAF is woefully short on AWACS ---> 3 Phalcons + 2 Netra Mk1s. The Phalcons are reportedly having significant downtime, due to the IL-76 platform.
This is not DRDO decision but the PMO and IAF.
The modest IAF was so frugal they wanted 2 Netras. And after it showed merit after Balakot they want more.
Meantime the plane is not available!
The Air India planes had quite a lot of flying life and Tatas anyway did not want these.
Am very, very happy.

DRDO FTB is a long-standing need.
Like the milk maid who tossed her head, IAF did not want these planes at all!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

HLFT-42 is truly Marut-2.0

Look at its payload and fuel capacity.

I think engine has to be F414 with that much MTOW

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

ramana wrote:
arshyam wrote: I'm heading over now, will update if I find some info about vehicles. I'm told the entire airport road is closed for non-show vehicles and only BMTC buses are allowed. I'm taking the airport volvo for this reason.
Can you take as many pictures of the DRDO stall please? The ejection seat, tapas engine, air-delivered bombs, PGM kit.
And picture of TGM shell
Thanks
Sure, will do my best.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Deleted, duplicate
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thanks arshyam!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

arshyam wrote:
Traffic diversion details
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

arshyam wrote:
Traffic on the airport road is clear. Most airport bound traffic have been diverted and only buses are allowed. I do see a few private vehicles, maybe they have the parking passes. ADVA parking seems to be way early, just after crossing the esteem Mall bus stop after Hebbal. Lot of congestion at Esteem Mall, perhaps to check vehicles for their destination. There are special BMTC services from the Hebbal interchange that go nonstop to the air show.

Please share your experience - some folks at my KB are looking to go on Thu/Fri and have reached out for information.

Please drop a note to my email address (my handle at yahoo daat kaam) and we can exchange contact numbers if needed. Though I don't think I'll be allowed in the ADVA area with a business pass.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

India will soon be able to build its own aircraft in Bengaluru: Bommai :roll:
https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ind ... 30517.html

Which aircraft is this? Civilian? Or is it sheer ignorance? Reminded me of Sam Manekshaw's statement. :lol:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Pathetic traffic management. It's been 2.5 hrs since I left, and still stuck at Yelahanka. Our awesome traffic police in all their wisdom have insisted that even air show bound special buses won't be allowed in the main carriageway. So we are stuck in one spot for the past 10+ mins with the air base nowhere in sight. If this is the condition today, I can only shudder at tomorrow and Friday.