Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by KLNMurthy »

vijayk wrote: 08 Sep 2023 01:25 https://www.businessworld.in/article/Th ... 023-489893
The Modern Shylock: George Soros And The China Angle Behind Adani Hit Job
Own goal to write such anti-semitic articles. Easy enough to bash Soros, what is the benefit to India in doing all this shylock-geelock nonsense? Indians are not anti-semitic westerners.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

kirang wrote: 12 Sep 2023 23:23 Ramana,

As I mentioned in my first post couple of days back - I have been a long time lurker On the forum. Had respect for you for some of your earlier posts in terms of the details.

I have only highlighted that the common view seems to be that dissent against Modi isn’t right(whatever being the political reasons behind that) and some other statements like the dairy farmers etc which as I shared in the links above have no basis.

I am curious as to which post I was whining in. More than happy if u could show those and i agree to delete them as well. If you can’t, then pls apologise!

You are allowed to dissent against Modi and someone else is allowed to say that isn’t right. This is BRF, no one is going to garland you for just having a point of view.

I am coming back here after a very long time, and I find you making 2-3 posts out of which some 60% was about how you are not being allowed to dissent, and using pejoratives like “andha bhakt” for those you imagine are going to disagree with you. Trust me, that’s not going to work here.

Ramana is admin and he has more patience than me, and if he chooses to jump through the ridiculous hoops you are demanding that he jump through, that’s up to him. But with that kind of cheekiness, you won’t last very long on BRF.

Adjust your attitude and post something sensible and useful, while you still can.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

"Andhera" Pradesh (i.e. currently in darkness with X-men running riot).

See brevious bost: viewtopic.php?p=2595165#p2595165

The recent happenings are consistent with Modi/Shah's long game in AP.

Anna and Tammudu have been both doing all kinds of kuchipudi to get into NDA, but Shah has not entertained this. In my opinion he considers both these fellows to be "numbri aadmi" (i.e. will one day or another be in the slammer). So as a matter of principle there is no point tying up with them and having to defend them later. It now looks like Tammudu has made a move to expedite Anna's tata-byebye, hoping to avoid this kind of fate himself. If the Anna is out of the picture, it will then become interesting to see if Shah moves ahead to tie up with TDP in keeping with its goal of capturing the NTR legacy.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

vijayk wrote: 13 Sep 2023 05:48
DK is not ur avg print reporter. i think he is right and this needs to be addressed before 2024. JP Nadda has been a big let down
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Who are anna and thammudu sir ?
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^^CBN and JMR??
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Yes. Anna is currently #7691 in rajamahendri jail. Bail rejected.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@ANI

Only after the court was satisfied with the prima facie evidence submitted by CID on cash flows that happened through shell companies was N. Chandrababu Naidu sent to 14 days judicial custody.

There is definitely a cash trail here and I am sure more details will emerge soon: YSRCP MP V Vijayasai Reddy in Andhra Pradesh's Prakasam today
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is the kind of doglapan that terrifies investors

this has been done with an ulterior motive

No way that such a major policy initiative could be formulated without the permission of the top management (which BTW, would never support such foolishness and recklessness)

ergo, this is a lone ranger mission, even tonto is nowhere in sight, and the guy is fresh out of sliver bullets

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote: 13 Sep 2023 13:37 this is the kind of doglapan that terrifies investors
Concur. It is an amazingly reckless statement... although he coats it with 'we need to switch to ethanol, electricity, hydrogen cell, etc etc to bring down our massive petrol import bills'
chetak wrote: 13 Sep 2023 13:37 this has been done with an ulterior motive

No way that such a major policy initiative could be formulated without the permission of the top management (which BTW, would never support such foolishness and recklessness)
He didn't say it when the G20 meeting was going on.. so it is very calculated move.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The investigations into the corruption cases in dravidiyanadu is slowly reaching an upsurge and the culmination may singe the apex of the veshti hierarchy and their cohorts by the end of the year

their onslaught against the Sanatana Dharma is an attempt to ratchet up tensions and stoke violence as has been their wont since their anti hindi agitation days. They did a similar thing when the IPKF happened, and again when the jain commission report was released after the ltte hit on one of our dear (or fearless) leaders, a report that directly pointed a finger at another apex occupying veshti

Annamalai has basically changed the rules of engagement, and the umpires from outside have started to officiate in their local games. These guys never expected that someone would beard the dravidiya lion in its own den.

The trail of the booze scam connections from as far as dilli have been unearthed, and a major telgu politico (AP) has turned approver in the case, singing like a castrated duck in front of the magistrate under 164 CrPC....

the dotty alliance is confused. Using the G20 excuse, niteeshwa made a trip to dilli, as did comrades $t@l!n, and $0ren, and these may not have been innocent social visits but more of an effort to broker peace, and perhaps obtain some measure of rectal relief from the relentlessly building and ongoing onslaught
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote: 13 Sep 2023 16:41
chetak wrote: 13 Sep 2023 13:37 this is the kind of doglapan that terrifies investors
Concur. It is an amazingly reckless statement... although he coats it with 'we need to switch to ethanol, electricity, hydrogen cell, etc etc to bring down our massive petrol import bills'
chetak wrote: 13 Sep 2023 13:37 this has been done with an ulterior motive

He didn't say it when the G20 meeting was going on.. so it is very calculated move.

Manish ji,

Pliss to recall if you will, at times, the onions too operated in just this very way
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KLNMurthy wrote: 13 Sep 2023 05:17
kirang wrote: 12 Sep 2023 23:23 Ramana,

As I mentioned in my first post couple of days back - I have been a long time lurker On the forum. Had respect for you for some of your earlier posts in terms of the details.

I have only highlighted that the common view seems to be that dissent against Modi isn’t right(whatever being the political reasons behind that) and some other statements like the dairy farmers etc which as I shared in the links above have no basis.

I am curious as to which post I was whining in. More than happy if u could show those and i agree to delete them as well. If you can’t, then pls apologise!

You are allowed to dissent against Modi and someone else is allowed to say that isn’t right. This is BRF, no one is going to garland you for just having a point of view.

I am coming back here after a very long time, and I find you making 2-3 posts out of which some 60% was about how you are not being allowed to dissent, and using pejoratives like “andha bhakt” for those you imagine are going to disagree with you. Trust me, that’s not going to work here.

This is common label/techniques most idiots (in many groups) use to prevent any debate on issues.

That term can't be used in BRF.

We can criticize a policy or politician over his actions but don't do name calling on supporters.
kirang
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kirang »

Noted on the "Andha bhakt" part - it was mentioned specifically reg the earlier post wherein the user stated baseless facts. I have no intention in name-calling anyone here. I have shared annual reports which clearly showed that the earlier poster didn't have any facts to support the statement.

Also, KLNMurthy - I never mentioned that I am not allowed to Dissent. Please re-read my earlier posts - I was only stating that the common consensus in this forum (more specifically with reg to AP discussions) seems to be that - Dissent against Modi isn't correct. I put in a point that in a democracy, dissent and disagreement should be welcomed. I gain nothing by dissenting against Modi, but if dissent and disagreement are not allowed in a democratic system - my earlier question still remains, what are we in? Definitely not a democracy. just because opposition at the national level sucks big time, doesn't mean democratic fundamentals are looked down or denied. (Not to me)

However, looks like people choose to see what they want to see!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/desimojito/status/1 ... 7669645577
He should be the spokesperson of BJP 🥳🥳
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Kiran bhai,
Many including myself in this forum have criticized NaMo many times in the past coz at that time we wanted him to do a lot more for dharmic causes, take on China more aggressively etc etc, each of these are major subjects by themselves. Not to please you or make BRF a great democratic forum or even India for that matter. Over time we have learnt to be patient coz we don't know all that NaMo, AS, AD, JS know and all said and done no other leader comes close to their ability and vision for India.

That democracy is sacrosanct and must be preserved at all costs is also a western construct and those who go headlong and swallow it are also andh bhakts of a different, mentally colonised type.

What matters above all is Bharat's people, it's civilization, culture, it's security and prosperity. If for whatever reason the current electoral democratic setup stopped working (I don't think it will, nor am I wishing for it) we Bharatiyas will put in some other mechanism to ensure we preserve what matters. Our history has umpteen examples.

Coming to your posts you can dissent all you want but unless you make some good arguments about whatever it is that you are dissenting about, your posts are just noise.

Mods will tell you this forum is not a democracy, posting here is a privilege, not a right.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Jagan Reddy's. power comes from total lack of patience, outdated leadership and dynastic nepotism of CBN. He should have let Jr. NTR or some other capable leader take over TDP and guide the leadership. Jagan is too smart for CBN or his son and dynasties don't bring that much loyalty from people anymore. Those days passed. TDP needs new leadership. The people are tired of Jagan. But the chips are not in right place in AP to take him on.

Atleasr KCR can show off further development of Hyderabad. What does Jagan have to show for?
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

quote by Dewarat

"This year srk's movie philosophy -
Pathaan-promoting india and pakistan friendship and negative ex-raw officer
Jawaan-promoting communists and anarchy
Dunki-promoting illegal migrants and No CAA campaign ( to be confirmed)"

so boycott bollywood of Hakla, Nanga, Takla, etc.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SBajwa wrote: 13 Sep 2023 22:59 quote by Dewarat

"This year srk's movie philosophy -
Pathaan-promoting india and pakistan friendship and negative ex-raw officer
Jawaan-promoting communists and anarchy
Dunki-promoting illegal migrants and No CAA campaign ( to be confirmed)"

so boycott bollywood of Hakla, Nanga, Takla, etc.
While these filthy low IQ garbage spews stink and venom, here is the message from a Pakistani

https://twitter.com/_vatsalasingh/statu ... 9537957945
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Govt lists agenda for #SpecialParliamentSession

“Discussion on 75 years of Parliament history” and 4 Bills

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Aren't bills supposed to be passed in the Loksabha first and then by the Rajyasabha?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The need of the hour is calm resolve to ensure the INDI alliance does not get power.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Cyrano wrote: 14 Sep 2023 02:04 Aren't bills supposed to be passed in the Loksabha first and then by the Rajyasabha?
yes. if there amendments in RS, thy have to be passed in LS
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

vijayk wrote: 14 Sep 2023 03:37
Cyrano wrote: 14 Sep 2023 02:04 Aren't bills supposed to be passed in the Loksabha first and then by the Rajyasabha?
yes. if there amendments in RS, thy have to be passed in LS
To supplement, Bills first introduced in Rajya Sabha do not lapse. But Bills introduced in the Lok Sabha, if not passed lapse when the Loksabha is dissolved.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:Govt lists agenda for #SpecialParliamentSession
:). Looks like only The Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners (Appointment, Conditions of Service and Term of Office) Bill seems to be of some importance. BJP is trying to get it passed at Rajya Sabha. And don't know if they have plans to call for a combined session of the houses to get this bill passed. BTW, I like how Modi & Co gets the seculars & liberals confused and riled up, by allowing rumours on "renaming India" etc to float around. While both go on with their lives as usual.

Cyrano wrote:Aren't bills supposed to be passed in the Loksabha first and then by the Rajyasabha?
Not required. Rajya Sabha MPs can also introduce a bill in Rajya Sabha (first) which if passed will be put up in Lok Sabha for passing from there as well.
vijayk wrote:yes. if there amendments in RS, thy have to be passed in LS
If the bill is introduced in Lok Sabha and then has amendments from Rajya Sabha it comes back for review again. This is done for all bills except Money Bills. Money Bills originate in Lok Sabha only, and need NOT get passed by Rajya Sabha. Rajya Sabha MPs can give recommendations, but that can be summarily rejected and the bill gets passed.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

kirang wrote: 10 Sep 2023 21:29 i am a long time lurker and find bharat rakhsak posts quite informative. But i am quite appalled by the line of messaging here.

Particularly reg CBNs arrest - they are quite narrow minded, petty and one-sided. I am not sure if any of them are from AP where they understand the regional political scenario. what is more intriguing is that dissent and disagreement which should be active part of democratic politics seem to be considered taboo. While supporting Modi and BJP are one thing, saying that he should not have gone against is totally without going in depth into the actual issues. if that is the case, then why BJP went into polls with TDP in 2014? Why were all the poll promises prior to 2014 polls made by Modi?

Also, the statement that CBN has undermined ABV tenure seems to be very biased. ABV never mentioned that nor BJP said that at that time. TDP had a very good relationship with BJP and with the old regime. It is only with Modi that things changed that too after 2018. People tend to forget the facts that TDP was supportive of BJP will 2018. The demands were all for the state. If Gujarat earlier and now UP can get all the bigger projects - why couldn't AP ask for what was promised by BJP and Modi as part of 2014 elections? For people, who tend to easily forget - CBN was the head of the committee that Modi constituted to list out measures to improve digital payment during the note ban. Even though, it wasn't clear how that would politically impact TDP - CBN went ahead as suggested. Rajya Sabha MPs were made from AP - Suresh Prabhu et. all. So people tend to forget that TDP maintained its end of the bargain. Only after the special status/special package became politically untenable - they went against. Even they multiple times, it was put up to Modi and BJP that not giving special status/special package would have negative impact politically.

Whoever has mentioned that CBN has gone against Modi - I wonder if they generally are subservient to their friends in real life and tend to their whims and fancies too!!

Also, some of them have mentioned that CBN harbors PM ambitions. He has always been Steadfast that he never harboured PM ambitions - even in late 90s and during the 2019 elections too.

Also, by no means I am trying to say that CBN should not be arrested. If CBN is in fact a culprit - he should be punished. But what is surprising is that one of the MP who is a prime accused in a murder case is free on bail and hasn’t been arrested. CBI has presented very strong evidence of his involvement including the location information from this mobile - but he is still not arrested. In fact, cases were lodged in AP against the CBI officer who is in charge of the case to deter him and the case was transferred to Telangana High Court. This won't happen without BJP blessing at the center.

I guess people commenting here are living in glass edifices - go ask people in AP and Telangana, People know what CBN has done for the state. Politically aligned people might not agree, but even KTR has mentioned at times that IT and Biotech development in state was due to CBNs initiatives. So be analytical, we all have our biases - but not where u r totally oblivious to the facts on the ground.

Also, the two items that BJP talks about are development and Hindutva. AP development has gone to dogs - for people who are based out of AP and who understand the ground realities agree with this. And reg Hindutva, AP unofficially has 25% Christians - thanks to the conversion being promoted by Jagan. So BJP game here is understood and people see that clearly - that these are political machinations. Or else, why would governor who has given an appointment to meet TDP leaders suddenly cancel it 15-20 mins prior to that. So people of AP are seeing how this govt has governed in the last 4 yr 3 months and how various things are being handled.

BJP has no hold in AP Politics and people will never vote for BJP as the party has gone against the promises it made. 2014 election promises will have a different place to all the other poll promises for some time as the state bifurcation was imposed on the left over state. I dont see any alignment with BJP after this, unless there is a much bigger political game in play here.

But again, bottom line - if dissent and disagreement are not part of coalition politics in a democracy, what are we in?
Kirang,
Welcome on board after being a long time lurker. But i must say your post is quite off the mark. I will try to put in two parts of a long post as to why AP is the current predicament.
part 1

BJP was initially going to go alone and was open to tie up with anyone including YSRCP (to come to power in Center as Congress mukth Bharat was the slogan). As you pointed out in your subsequent posts it was existential issue for the TDP that eventually forced them to come in terms with BJP. CBN only looks after himself and his party first and foremost (nothing wrong, every politician displays more or less the same behavior), but this is shown in the TDP leaning media as Naidu only thinks about people 24x7.

Can you list out the poll promises by Modi to AP and what was done and not done by the Center (Most of the people don't even remember other than special category status and tax free issues that are unfairly highlighted) . The center after 2014 has moved away from giving extravagant packages and has only gone based on development as in you will get funds if there are any development works going on. The media is/was always running campaign right from 2014/2015 saying Modi has only put mud in our faces and has not given any money. CBN has tacitly encouraged it playing the good cop and bad cop sort of with the telugu media.

Apparently the amount of money given to TDP and AP is what determines the support to the BJP. Nobody today remembers what Venkaiah Naidu has done for the new state of AP or the educational institutions he had got sanctioned and most have started classes as he didn't want any delay. Venkaiah Naidu was made Vice President ( a first for telugu person) but that also the Yellow media covered as Venkaiah being sent away as he was giving lot of funds to AP. Nobody remembers about the smart city project that was sanctioned to AP and what was the result of the money sent and how much the cities changed (nothing really changed on the ground and the money just went where it always goes). It was Venkaiah and Arun Jaitley in RajyaSabha clamoring that atleast has a mention of special status in the bills while the visionaries were busy trying to see what they can get out of this

CBN tried to take some part of the credit for demonetization saying he was behind the high value notes being withdrawn. But this same CBN went on India Today conclave in 2018 and said that Modi is a negative person who destroyed the country with demonetization. this is the time of social media which played Naidu saabs old comments in a loop thus effecting his electoral prospects.

Wasn't it also CBN who said special package was more important than the special status and thanked the late Arun Jaitley in the AP legislature for the special package of money but then turned around and said he only wants special status no matter what in 2017 even after Center tried to reason with him. Apparently all the good work of AP is by Naidu and what ever work is left is due to center's non co-operation and there is the yellow media to play up on that.

Vijay K also mentioned the attack on Amit Shah's vehicle when he was coming to Tirupati from benguluru in early hours and all CBN could say after a couple of days is that people are disappointed with the Center leadership and are showing their frustration, (this when the itenarary is a closely guarded secret).

You mentioned that ABV didn't ever mention about issues with CBN and TDP, but the then BJP didn't ever point fingers at any of its supposed allies. It was the ABV led central govt that gave the nod for international airport for Hyderabad, CBN hasn't acknowledged that after the initial news, and all the educated TDP supporters keep giving credit to CBN and the the rest give credit to the late YSR for the Outer ring road and international airport who named it after Rajiv Gandhi (who was probably the least deserving person in terms of the people involved in the airport issue).
Last edited by venkat_kv on 14 Sep 2023 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

venkat_kv ji,

What you have mentioned is just the very tip of the iceberg

long time watchers of this guy can tell you much more of his venal greed, नाजायज़ and naked ambition, but then, what else can one expect from a guy who has excelled in always looking out for number 1.

This guy is a legend in his own mind.

A few days ago, he was openly weeping on teevee.

karma has caught up and long pending payments are due
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Part 2

KCR and his son KTR play good cop and bad cop on most issues. KCR will stand up like a cobra (to quote a telugu phrase) when he hears the name of CBN and on a good day his son KTR will praise CBN saying he is responsible for the high tech city etc, etc. Their reactions are immaterial as they speak based on their convenience and not with real convictions.

CBN milked the center for all the issues he can and then kept playing emotional cards that Center said they will help in all possible ways for the new state. This doesn't mean that Center will keep giving open cheques to the Ap govt to spend as and how they please.
The issue started when CBN tried to pawn off his farmers loan waive off in the package which wasn't agreed aby the cneter and that has remained a sticking point.

The TDP insiders always keep saying that during ABV time our leader could get anything with juts a phone call and their expectations was the same after 2014 while forgetting that it was not ABV at center but Narendra Modi.

The TDP favoring media would always run news about some big announcement coming in (as in Central govt about to announce a big package when Sujana Choudary or other TDP leaders met Arun Jaitley) and after 10 days turn around and curse the Central govt for not announcing a package.

The central govt didn't give UP govt under Yogi Adiyanath the same farmer waiver loan scheme saying local state govts must manage their issues and not depend on the Central govt. Yoogi didn't complain and pout like CBN did, just wnet about his work.

The second issue was that of the capital city. CBN wanted a dream capital (and this was left open to interpretation as to what the dream capital was and how much it would cost and who should pay for it). The center finance dept wanted an SPV (special Purpose vehicle) to be setup and all the money sent by the centre was to be spent on the new state govt without transferring the funds to other issues. CBN ultimately balked at it while the media tried to play it up as Center's interference.

The behaviour of telugu media is not only unhelpful but is actively spoiling the atmosphere. According to the media
1. When TDP was in power the Center has no right to interfere in the working of the state, and also Center is supposed to give money and forget as babu's vision is something that keeps people in awe and nothing else is needed.
2. The TDP govt withdrawing general consent for CBI is a chankian move by CBN to pre-empt the Central govt from actively arresting/interfering in the state working. That same media now says how is the Center not actively dismissing YSRCP govt on financial mismanagement and arresting some xyz minister, MLA, MP's.
3. YSRCP govt doling freebies will change the state of AP like Venzuela and Sri Lanka, but CBN recently announcing a bigger set of freebies is a game changer that is robbing YSRCP leaders of their sleep in the night. Apparenlty CBN giving freebies will not change the state into Venezuela, Sri Lanka.

The biggest issue I see is that there are two sets of people that have come up after the bifurcation of the state of AP.
1. One set always talks about how they are responsible for the development of Hyderabad by investing money for the seemandhra region and how Telangana and its capital Hyderabad is now developed because of their money.
2. Second set is the newer set of people who are hoping that somehow the new state will get tax breaks and special category status (with the central govt already funding most projects with 90% during CBN time something the people nor media remember).

A new state would have required people to get down to work for a sustained period of 15-20 years to actually have working capital and development, but the people themselves are not serious and are actively looking for shortcuts and that is why we are where we are with respect to AP devlopment or the lacktherof.

The media kept running silly stories about how Modi was jealous of AP (a new state with no capital) and actively denied everything to change it into Bihar so that it doesn't compete with Gujarat.

When Piyush Goyal created a new Railway zone with Vishakapatnam that at the very least would have candidates giving tests for railways in the same location without having to go to Orissa, the media ran a concerted campaign saying this was done for BJP to gain seats in Orissa and all the mineral rich regions from Orissa should have been included in the Vishakapatnam railway zone (pray tell how is this even possible).

CBN did mention that he is the senior most leader during the run up to the 2019 elections and TDP spoke persons in the media kept harping on this saying that there is a chance for CBN to become PM and people of AP should vote as such. TDP people vitiated atmosphere by abusing the elected PM of the country day in and day out.

CBN was a technocrat/administrator (or atleast he showed himself as that), but 10 years out of power has made him doubt his own shadow where he doesn't trust his ideas and is busy trying to go after anything that gets him votes. Ultimately that made him neither a technocrat nor is he a full fledged politician like YSR was (who was politician more than an administrator). for all the things that CBN supporters say about CBN being very good person, they forget that his party and he himslef abused YSRCP and Jagan Mohan reddy day in and day out from 2014-2019.

All this is coming from a one time supporter of CBN during his first stint as the CM for 9 1/2 years.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

chetak wrote: 14 Sep 2023 12:17 venkat_kv ji,

What you have mentioned is just the very tip of the iceberg

long time watchers of this guy can tell you much more of his venal greed, नाजायज़ and naked ambition, but then, what else can one expect from a guy who has excelled in always looking out for number 1.

This guy is a legend in his own mind.

A few days ago, he was openly weeping on teevee.

karma has caught up and long pending payments are due
Chetak Saar,
No ji for me please. Someone from YSRCP (he was originally from TDP that defected to YSRCP after 2019) had commented on CBN's wife. The TDP?CBN should have responded more forcefully as his wife His wife is also the daughter of the late Shri NT Rama Rao and all Naidu could muster in defense was the weeping spectacle in press conference.

He was going great guns while abusing the PM during 2019 as the BJP guys don't respond in kind. Jagan mohan reddy is a factionist and will flay people alive (figuratively speaking) if they try any tricks, that is why you have people fighting on party basis but not the personal comments on the CM atleast.

This is also one reason why TDP seems to be receding bit by bit from its glory days as the actual fighting has been outsourced to TV channels and a few self selected intellectuals when it should have been the local TDP leaders leading the charge.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Venkat
You have forgotten VV Giri Ex-President. He was an Andhraite
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

https://www.opindia.com/2023/09/i-n-d-i ... o-boycott/

I.N.D.I Alliance names 14 anchors including Arnab Goswami, Rubika Liaquat and Shiv Aroor whom they will ‘boycott’

Wow, I can see this action immediately riling up the Editors Guild Of India, NYT, Washington Post, BBC........ They will make this alliance pay for this misadventure.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

kirang wrote: 13 Sep 2023 19:51 Noted on the "Andha bhakt" part - it was mentioned specifically reg the earlier post wherein the user stated baseless facts. I have no intention in name-calling anyone here. I have shared annual reports which clearly showed that the earlier poster didn't have any facts to support the statement.

Also, KLNMurthy - I never mentioned that I am not allowed to Dissent. Please re-read my earlier posts - I was only stating that the common consensus in this forum (more specifically with reg to AP discussions) seems to be that - Dissent against Modi isn't correct. I put in a point that in a democracy, dissent and disagreement should be welcomed. I gain nothing by dissenting against Modi, but if dissent and disagreement are not allowed in a democratic system - my earlier question still remains, what are we in? Definitely not a democracy. just because opposition at the national level sucks big time, doesn't mean democratic fundamentals are looked down or denied. (Not to me)

However, looks like people choose to see what they want to see!
If you were a lurker before joining, then maybe you should have learned something about the culture and etiquette of BRF, and the fact that it is a private space with its own rules of engagement and posting standards and admins have ultimate authority.

You step in and start firing off condescending gyan to the forum about how it should be run, and yes, you have definitely projected yourself as a free discussion warrior who is fighting against being silenced.

This is thread-disruptive behavior in BRF and is not allowed. Right now you are getting a lot of leeway from admins which is their prerogative. That won’t last very long if you keep this up.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

venkat_kv garu, good review of AP politics background.

Is it fair to say, at a 10k feet level:

- AP is still in the grip of caste politics with no way out

- “royal” family intrigues and intra-family rivalries dominate the minds instead of political ideology or policy differences

- at an individual level the people and leaders are highly talented and have a lot of potential

- ego and vanity (we Telugus know that’s our bane) play a central role rather than values and vision

- AP political class & families are not (yet?) anti-national like those of Tamil Nadu

- mega-corruption is a way of life and every top leader from every party is guilty

- in the backdrop of all this , Jagan and YSRCP are systematically wiping out Hindu culture in AP
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Twitter is full of criticism against Modi for celebrating G-20 success both because of 3 major murders of army men at the hands of Paki terrorists. They are also criticizing him for allowing sycophancy being used to hide performance. I am really concerned at the rest of BJP going the way of INC and Modi not keeping away sycophants.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote: 13 Sep 2023 20:40

That democracy is sacrosanct and must be preserved at all costs is also a western construct and those who go headlong and swallow it are also andh bhakts of a different, mentally colonised type.

What matters above all is Bharat's people, it's civilization, culture, it's security and prosperity. If for whatever reason the current electoral democratic setup stopped working (I don't think it will, nor am I wishing for it) we Bharatiyas will put in some other mechanism to ensure we preserve what matters. Our history has umpteen examples.

Absolutely +116 on the above.

Speaking as a bhakt of democracy and freedom, I would throw those things out in a minute if that is what is required for Bharat and its people to survive and prevail as Bharatiyas.

But when it comes to the crunch, you will probably find me on the side that argues till the last minute that the time for throwing out d & f is not yet upon us, and we should try for the “5 towns” compromise. Till the point comes when the facts are inescapable and war is inevitable.

I am beginning to feel (coming back to the thread) that the 2024 election is shaping up to be a panipat 2 moment in our history.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Considering that BIF will destroy our nation even if given a chance in one term, we must win every time. Panipat 2 is not a good description. The real trick will be winning after NM retires. That may be the 2029 elections. BJP need to make a smooth way for YAN by that time.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Yagnasri wrote: 14 Sep 2023 18:11 Considering that BIF will destroy our nation even if given a chance in one term, we must win every time. Panipat 2 is not a good description. The real trick will be winning after NM retires. That may be the 2029 elections. BJP need to make a smooth way for YAN by that time.
What in your opinion is a better historical parallel than panipat 2?

I am concerned about winning ‘24, just from looking at the social media & news media conversations and trends.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KLNMurthy wrote: 14 Sep 2023 18:21
Yagnasri wrote: 14 Sep 2023 18:11 Considering that BIF will destroy our nation even if given a chance in one term, we must win every time. Panipat 2 is not a good description. The real trick will be winning after NM retires. That may be the 2029 elections. BJP need to make a smooth way for YAN by that time.
What in your opinion is a better historical parallel than panipat 2?

I am concerned about winning ‘24, just from looking at the social media & news media conversations and trends.
Kurukshetra war

BJP is fumbling ... Telangana seems to be slipping away to CON party

Today news came out that 5 crore jobs were created after 2020 including 2.5 cr new jobs. Lot of great development in infra, jobs and GDP.

BJP leaders are busy with platitudes and not paying attention to people and riding on one person's hard work.

They have to pay attention to BIF, $oros network, petrol prices etc. Th youth and women are with Modiji but the game of Italians has gone to next level. BJP's SM engagement level has gone down.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Rsatchi wrote: 14 Sep 2023 16:56 Venkat
You have forgotten VV Giri Ex-President. He was an Andhraite
He was staying in Rashtrapati bhavan with 90 relatives.

Pratibha Patil of his times.