India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by chetak »

Hit the b@$t@rd$ where it hurts the most, no matter if some wheat is lost in the chaff.....

Canada-Based Singer Shubh Faces HUGE Backlash Ahead of Mumbai Concert; Virat Kohli ‘Unfollows’ Him

Canada-based Punjabi singer Shubhneet Singh, popularly known as Shubh is facing backlash ahead of his concert in Mumbai. Several members of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) have alleged that the singer supports separatist Khalistani elements.
Last edited by chetak on 19 Sep 2023 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

interesting developments, though i would put it down to trudeau pms'ing, this is something that has been spoken for quite some time in the west now that their foreign policy making is not based on rational decisions but on rhetoric and feelings, and that this is the current worldview of their diplomats, this is also a learning experience for our foreign corpus who might have been engaging their counterparts based on the assumption of mutual rational decision-making, this would tell them that rationality and logic is merely one tool to be used in this modern world and not the only tool, bedlam and maudlin are equally if not more important while dealing with western countries; otherwise, considered only on rationality, this can be considered a poor showing / performance of our mission in canada
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Although I have not found any evidence so far, a US based analyst claims, in an interview with an Indian news outlet, that the Canadian **opposition parties** are backing Trudeau.

If that is true, then it is a serious matter. Trudeau is Canada in that case.

I would not take this escalation lightly. Ignoring Pakistan is one thing, trying to ignore Canada is is not.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Consumer electronic brand boAt withdraws sponsorship from upcoming tour of Canada-based singer and Khalistan sympathiser Shubh
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote: 19 Sep 2023 11:29
This comes shortly after Canada expelled RAW station chief Pavan Kumar Rai in Ottawa
Are our RAW station chiefs officially designated as such? :roll:
Nijjar got too close to the wrong arm of the raw.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

srin wrote: 19 Sep 2023 14:43 Is Canada a state backer of terrorism? To me, the answer is yes, and we need to call them out as such
yes., extorting people to kill foreign diplomats and inciting violence and separatism is terrorism by any yard stick not "freedom of expression"

Did falseau put up with "freedom of expression" by the truckers ?!!

Drag Kanada through THE Financial Action Task Force
Last edited by drnayar on 19 Sep 2023 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

KLNMurthy wrote: 19 Sep 2023 15:40
Cyrano wrote: 19 Sep 2023 11:29
Are our RAW station chiefs officially designated as such? :roll:
Nijjar got too close to the wrong arm of the raw.
Not officially but the govt would know .,much like the "high ranking" canuck who was kicked out.. i would bet he had a similar position
Last edited by drnayar on 19 Sep 2023 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

NRao wrote: 19 Sep 2023 15:18 Although I have not found any evidence so far, a US based analyst claims, in an interview with an Indian news outlet, that the Canadian **opposition parties** are backing Trudeau.

If that is true, then it is a serious matter. Trudeau is Canada in that case.

I would not take this escalation lightly. Ignoring Pakistan is one thing, trying to ignore Canada is is not.
Falsdu is a snake.. there was heat coming in from all quarters for his resignation., so what better than to call the "foreign hand" interference .. does that remind of a similar country who has been bleating of Indian interference as the perennial problem. ?

Distract everyone from the actual problem and "unify" under a lie ..hope the Canadians see through the deception
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Trudeau's main political rival, conservative opposition leader Pierre Poilievre has also demanded India cooperate transparently on what happened to Nijjar:

I'm disappointed that Poilievre is simply falling in line behind Trudeau.

Maybe the only people we can turn to are Quebec separatists.

As someone who grew up in Quebec at the height of the separatist movement there, I remember the politics quite well. Je me souviens.
Maybe it needs to make a comeback. Maybe that's the only thing that will give Ottawa politicians a taste of their own medicine, and hoist them by their own petards.

I remember when Quebec separatist leader Lucien Bouchard mysteriously came down with a near-fatal infection by flesh-eating bacteria, which left him partially crippled. What might have caused that to happen? Who might have caused it? Has there been any investigation into it? If not, why not?
Just as "charity begins at home", so should accountability.
Last edited by sanman on 19 Sep 2023 16:48, edited 3 times in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

Supplies of Uranium from Canada was contracted till 2020.
I am assuming this was not renewed. Don't recall any news on this.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Most are missing the point. India is obliged to prove its innocence once a gora has made an accusation.

Furthermore,
"Any involvement of a foreign government in the killing of a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil is an unacceptable"
Translation, only a Canadian can bomb and kill Canadian airline passengers!
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

In the Globe and Mail (Canadian newspaper):
Now, Mr. Trudeau has made an explosive, albeit unproven, allegation of an extreme example – an alleged assassination in Canada – and promised to work closely with allies “on this very serious matter.” In the Commons, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh called on allies to “condemn this violence … in the harshest terms possible.”

But it is far from certain that the U.S. and other Canadian allies will rush to hold India to account.

For one thing, credible allegations in the hands of intelligence agencies aren’t the same as evidence gathered by police for a trial. And in a world where Western allies have imposed extensive economic sanctions against Russia and are increasingly seeking to counter China’s influence, the U.S. and European nations won’t relish the prospect of conflict with another major power.
It’s interesting that Trudeau spoke in Parliament. If he had spoken outside Parliament, he could have been sued for defamation. Reality is that Trudeau has offered zero evidence to support his absurd lies. What a total loser of a politician.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

A Deshmukh wrote: 19 Sep 2023 16:54 Supplies of Uranium from Canada was contracted till 2020.

Deshmukh ji,

enough uranium sources in Africa and Aus.

why are we so dependant so much on kaneda

India gets even heavy water from sources not open to other countries

Currently, India imports uranium fuel from Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, France and Canada.

Kazakhstan is the world's largest producer of uranium.

Besides, we have friends in United States, Australia, Canada, Central Asia, Africa, and South America.

what me worry
Last edited by chetak on 19 Sep 2023 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Lisa wrote: 19 Sep 2023 16:59 Most are missing the point. India is obliged to prove its innocence once a gora has made an accusation.

Furthermore,
"Any involvement of a foreign government in the killing of a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil is an unacceptable"
so then what if it was a kanadian who bumped off the terrorist
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

NRao wrote: 19 Sep 2023 15:18
Nonsense. I would take this escalation very very lightly and if Canada want themselves to be considered at par with Pakis, that is their choice.

India has watched 100s killed by drones without consent of countries including the Soleimani one and western leaders backslapping each other. And lessons got learned.

Which reminds me - why is the current Kerala Chief Minister’s Lavalin Corruption case not prosecuted vigorously ? We need to see how Canadian businesses actually conduct business
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

drnayar wrote: 19 Sep 2023 17:25
Lisa wrote: 19 Sep 2023 16:59 Most are missing the point. India is obliged to prove its innocence once a gora has made an accusation.

Furthermore,

so then what if it was a kanadian who bumped off the terrorist

drnayar ji,

की फरक पैंदा

The issue is in the domain of geopolitics and not law

whom will they indict in India

justinder is painting with a broad brush, hoping to damage Modi before the elections in 2024, and also get/keep the khalistani support and pitch for funding from soreass.

Trudeau has made his move, now it's our turn.

kaneda in the west is the equivalent of the pakis in the east… both suffer due to failed political leadership…and lack of credibility
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

chetak wrote: 19 Sep 2023 17:23
A Deshmukh wrote: 19 Sep 2023 16:54 Supplies of Uranium from Canada was contracted till 2020.

Deshmukh ji,

Currently, India imports uranium fuel from Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, France and Canada.

Besides, we have friends in United States, Australia, Canada, Central Asia, Africa, and South America.

what me worry
I wont go that far and consider those countries as "friends" . its just economics
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

drnayar wrote: 19 Sep 2023 17:50
chetak wrote: 19 Sep 2023 17:23

Deshmukh ji,

what me worry
I wont go that far and consider those countries as "friends" . its just economics

drnayar ji,

At the level of countries, all friends are about economics.

It's just that some are a tad more reliable than others
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

This is an attempt to damage India to satisfy local vote banks of Khalistanis; it is serious, but I'm sure MEA can handle it.

IMO, just amplify the MEA's message on social media, and the past articles on the violent and/or criminal records of the Khalistanis; how they terrorize and assault anyone who speaks up against them. Do not insult Sikhs by referring to Khalistanis as Sikhs; don't be afraid of the word "Khalistan" or "Khalistani" -- turn it into a word regarded the same as the Taliban. Trudeau and the Khalistanis have gone too far this time, their reputation must be left in shreds in the eyes of the world.
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Interesting proposition by Mihir Sharma of the ORF
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... kh-killing

IMHO -- India could demand a joint-commission to investigate the broader issue that includes investigating support for terrorism and related activities within Canadian borders; and Najjiar within this context.
Rana
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Rana »

India needs to draw parallels between the Kanishka bombing and 9/11 and say Canada not only did not pursue the hijackers, but also welcomes and actively supports the equivalent of Al Queda and Taliban in their country. Canada is like Afghanistan, pretending Paktoonwali in shielding people who have come there. India has been very measured in its response, compared to what US did to Afghanistan. Never forget!
Last edited by Rana on 19 Sep 2023 19:01, edited 3 times in total.
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Rana wrote: 19 Sep 2023 18:52 India needs to draw parallels between the Kanishka bombing and 9/11 and say Canada not only did not pursue the hijackers, but also welcomes and actively supports the equivalent of Al Queda and Taliban in their country.
Did they support India's call for full and transparent investigation?
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Sequence of events.
- Before coming to G20, Canadian govt. adds India to the list of China and Russia as countries "meddling in Canadian internal affairs"
- Trudeau comes to G20 accompanied with head of Canadian Intelligence. His "evidence" gets him nowhere. (more on this later)
- He smarts over it, does not come to the state dinner hosted by President of India.
- Gets ridiculed for being stuck in India and his demeanor worsens.
- Goes back home and the coverage further angers him.
- Calls of trade talks (it is still unclear who called it off or if it was mutual) -- and Indians go on as if it does not matter.
- 3 month anniversary of the said killings arrives: and on that day he goes public with "credible allegations".
- Approaches 5-eyes for support; and they all issue statements of concern. None have *yet* put a statement supporting Canada's call for full support for Canadian Investigation.

I still don't get this -- the crime happened on Canadian soil -- there is no evidence shared as to why they need India's cooperation in this investigation? It sounds like a fishing expedition to poke into communications records of intelligence officers etc.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Things like this happen between two countries. There is a dispute or an argument on certain issues... Two sovereign nations must talk about things. But this man (Justin Trudeau) has just gone around and decided that he has to do it like this. His visit to India in G20, he wasn't very happy with that, nor was he with his 2018 visit... If you have relations, you maintain them. Go by the laid down principles if you are a friendly country. We are not enemies but he makes it look as if we are.
Former RAW Chief Vikram Sood
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

India needs to follow up with punitive actions ., stop students leaving for Canada for starts and regulate their educational institute links., put cananda in the "high risk" category for tourism. Dont bother if they reciprocate ..lol
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I think that this was a hostage statement from the Canadian prime minister.

We need to send a hostage rescue team to save the Canadian PM and his son. :P
Mukhi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mukhi »

Perhaps its me.

But I feel this elevates the threat on high-ranking officials, including NaMo, Shah and AD. I dont think Justinder is fool enough to say things of this much weight without thinking thru.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Mukhi wrote: 19 Sep 2023 19:48 Perhaps its me.

But I feel this elevates the threat on high-ranking officials, including NaMo, Shah and AD. I dont think Justinder is fool enough to say things of this much weight without thinking thru.
did you see his speeches in the canadian parliament., the guys just lies, obfuscates and says anything to save his skin., and on camera. He is just a low life. How he continues to be PM of a country is just beyond me.

Small wonder his wife left him
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Exactly.
Bharat should not get drawn into any investigation on these baseless allegations. Let Canada use its sovereign capacities to do it's own investigation and publish results if it finds any evidence.

Meanwhile Bharat should equate Canada and Pakistan as state sponsors of terrorism prepare it's dossier to put Canada in FATF grey list.

Who cares a flying duck about the FTA now

Chew tiapa ki bhi hud hoti hai. Bharat has better things to do.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

https://open.substack.com/pub/espionage ... medium=web

How Canadian intelligence allowed an aircraft bombing

On 29 April 1982, the Indian government formally requested that Parmar be extradited to India to face those charges.

Pierre Trudeau’s government denied the request in July that year. The reason given was extraordinary: Even though India was a member of the Commonwealth, since India did not recognise the Queen as Head of State, Trudeau claimed that the Commonwealth extradition protocol did not apply. :shock:

Informants ignored
But months prior to that affidavit, informants were desperately contacting Canadian security services with intelligence about a bomb plot.

Consequences

Shambolic security and intelligence efforts usually lead to horrific consequences, and this case wasn’t any different.

On 23 June 1985, a bomb hidden in a suitcase transiting through New Tokyo International Airport exploded at 06:19. The premature detonation was on account of Reyat and Parmar not knowing that Japan did not follow Daylight Savings Time. Two baggage handlers were killed and four others were injured.

An hour later, a Boeing 747-237B operated by Air India from Montreal to Bombay disintegrated in mid-air off the coast of Ireland due to a bomb blast. All 329 people on board were killed.

Kanada is a blight on international polity

The "Tru"deaus are as anti Indian as they come. Dynasty politics
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

[/url]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-66851939
Nijjar's son, Balraj Nijjar, said he was surprised by Trudeau's remarks because the family felt "like nothing has been done" in the three months since the shooting.

Balraj Nijjar, 21, said that "he and his father were warned of potential danger for months" before he was shot dead, not giving any other details.

"Hopefully, Mr Trudeau and the rest of the Canadian leaders take a stand," he added.

Speaking at the memorial in the city of Surrey, British Columbia, where his father was shot dead

:-?

This does beg the question as to why "tru" du did not take measures to protect him ?
Last edited by drnayar on 19 Sep 2023 21:19, edited 2 times in total.
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

We should propose a Joint Investigation Committee.
And then bring every Khalis terrorist in Kanada under scanner.
And have daily conferences and openly state the free reign of terrorists.
Include Kanishka bombing.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

drnayar wrote: 19 Sep 2023 20:28 https://open.substack.com/pub/espionage ... medium=web

How Canadian intelligence allowed an aircraft bombing

On 29 April 1982, the Indian government formally requested that Parmar be extradited to India to face those charges.

Pierre Trudeau’s government denied the request in July that year. The reason given was extraordinary: Even though India was a member of the Commonwealth, since India did not recognise the Queen as Head of State, Trudeau claimed that the Commonwealth extradition protocol did not apply. :shock:

That makes things so simple then. Since India does not recognize the queen as Head of State and Canada does, India is now not obligated to answer to Canada on anything.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

must watch