CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

Post by Aditya_V »

I think BS Terror Launch pads should be dropped, prepare and clearly hit Paki fauj, trucks, Soldiers, Artillery Radar, bridges, Cell phone towers- we need to have clear plans- I dont mind waiting a few months, but we need to strike well. They call lie as much as they want to thier people, but let make 20 Km on Pak side of the LOC no mans land, we need overwhelming logistics, Artillery advantage with Drones etc.

But we must make the engagement costly for them so the feel any Non State Actor hurts them very badly.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I like the idea, a no man's land.
Only I'd like that 10km patch on the paki side of the border BEYOND POK.

Because this is not an era of war :evil:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

I think this is part of the larger conglomerate trying to bring India down.
The Pakis this time are the running dogs.
This is more to project NaMo as pusillanimous.(remeber the hue and cry after Balakot and 2019 election).
Add the Drug racket from Pak and Chinese Cartographic exercises, yada yada you get the full picture.
I wonder who fingered the Anti narcotic chief in Pak(Maybe a Dim pasand establisment guy)
And I am not suggesting in anyway that we take the sacrifices of the brave men lightly, but I urge : Toda Sabar Karo, Sabar ka Phal meeta hota hain!!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Cyrano wrote: 15 Sep 2023 15:34 I like the idea, a no man's land.
Only I'd like that 10km patch on the paki side of the border BEYOND POK.

Because this is not an era of war :evil:
Like it or Not we are not well armed enough and our Local MIC is getting started, its one thing if the enemy starts a war, but one does not start a war unless you have Overwhelming advantage- War needs strategic aims, no point sacrificing our some of Soldiers unless we can with reasonable certainty achieve our objectives.

That will be at least another 15 years.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Also likely the Chinks want to distract india from too much focus on Eastern front.
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

Establishing a 7400 sq Km No mans land up in the hills and rough terrain seems like a monumentally expensive(money wise) and costly (resource wise) task. I think it is easier to push paki closer and closer to the brink everytime we are hit with such operations. I think it would be easier to contract kill Pak Army deep in Pindi. 2 equal rank officiers for one of ours.. It would be much much cheaper, and I think with the way Pak economy is resources would be aplenty
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Cyrano wrote: 15 Sep 2023 00:56 The more info GoB puts out there the more idiotic media at home, bif gangs and intl anti India forces will have a field day. The dead bodies of our soldiers and civilians are evidence enough saar.

At some point Bharat has to say to anyone who questions it's actions, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

You can't become a world power with this analysis paralysis.
Did Pakistan get the message after the 2016 Surgical Strike and the 2019 Balakot Strike? If they did, do you really believe this latest terrorist attack would have happened? Silent, behind the curtain strikes will only achieve a temporary hiatus. Humiliate them and then the rules of the game will change. The Pak Army needs to face public ridicule. If a strike is an option on the table, then we better make damn sure that we can provide concrete evidence of what actions were taken. The empty vessels (idiotic media, bif gangs, anti-India forces, etc) will make the usual noises, but the proof lies in the pudding.

Sir, if you don't give a damn...then make it visible for everyone to see.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Manish_P wrote: 15 Sep 2023 14:45The issue is strike against 'who' exactly?
See this post from SidSom. We know 'who' exactly.
SidSom wrote: 14 Sep 2023 22:51From what I have heard from ppl on ground, at all times India knows (broadly) about developments on the other side of LoC. For E.g. how many ppl are being trained and where. I think in a country as bananas as Paki it would be difficult to keep these things a secret.
Manish_P wrote: 15 Sep 2023 14:45The 'time and place of our choosing' has been clear for decades before i was born.... it is the 'target' which is the problem. Earlier when the border was hot, our strikes (with artillery) would hit the regular Paki fauj every now and then.

When they saw that they cannot compete, they shifted to use-and-throw 'non-state' actors. So unless we hit their regular forces (maybe happening clandestinely), what we are really doing now is just equating our trained professional soldiers with their trained jihadis.
Perhaps we should stop doing this clandestine act and move to a more visible one then? What point has that served?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

This total media coverage and showing our weapons units and what not is next level BS. Have we not learned from 26/11?

Why are forces allowing media and coverage in the operation zone?
sajaym
BRFite

Post by sajaym »

nits wrote: 15 Sep 2023 19:21 This total media coverage and showing our weapons units and what not is next level BS. Have we not learned from 26/11?

Why are forces allowing media and coverage in the operation zone?
Precisely...that is the problem with our country! We want to tell everyone every thing that is happening!

There are people here who want to shoot missiles into Pak, others want to fire artillery shells Like someone else asked here...what will that achieve? Did 2016 achieve anything? Did 2019 achieve anything? The Pakis will deny we hit them and they'll cover it up.

That is what we need to do... COVER UP! Next time a terror strike happens, we need to deny that it ever happened. We need to deny any colonel died, we need to deny any major died, we need to deny any DysP died. Shut down the internet for a few days, drive away the press people, clean up the terror strike site, and move on as if nothing happened. Just like the Chinese did for the Galwan fiasco.

Right now we are showing the pakis that we are bleeding and that's exactly what they're capitalising on. So...deny that we are bleeding and take away their power. Na rahega baans, na rahegi baansuri.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Rakesh wrote: 15 Sep 2023 17:49 ..
Manish_P wrote: 15 Sep 2023 14:45..

When they saw that they cannot compete, they shifted to use-and-throw 'non-state' actors. So unless we hit their regular forces (maybe happening clandestinely), what we are really doing now is just equating our trained professional soldiers with their trained jihadis.
Perhaps we should stop doing this clandestine act and move to a more visible one then?
Why not both, Sir. Pummel the uniformed ones on the border and hit the ones deeper inside using co-opted (or hired assets). There are Afghan, baloch who can (and probably have already been) be used as non-state actors by us. They need to be re-oriented to hit the faujis afsar level types around their cantonments/bases.

We have the means, we have the muscle and we have the heft. At this point in time the world (the sermonizing west) needs us more than they need pak and they are anyway poodles who jump to commands from King Khan. And they are all very busy with Pakraine.

Will it stop the terror attacks? No. Will we be hitting the actual perpetrators? Yes.
Rakesh wrote:What point has that served?
There is a dialogue towards the end of the movie Munich...

Avner: Did we accomplish anything at all? Every man we killed has been replaced by worse.
Ephraim: Why cut my finger nails? They'll grow back.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

sajaym wrote: 15 Sep 2023 20:01 ...
That is what we need to do... COVER UP! Next time a terror strike happens, we need to deny that it ever happened. We need to deny any colonel died, we need to deny any major died, we need to deny any DysP died. Shut down the internet for a few days, drive away the press people, clean up the terror strike site, and move on as if nothing happened. Just like the Chinese did for the Galwan fiasco.
Dear sir, that is what insecure, paranoid dictatorships do. Not self-confident, independent democracies who have a strong moral fibre and are not afraid to face & accept the truth.

We can extend the same line of thinking to the civilian sector as well.. stop reporting of scams/crimes to show that we are the safest in the world. Will help get us more FDI, tourism etc
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

SidSom wrote: 15 Sep 2023 17:27 Establishing a 7400 sq Km No mans land up in the hills and rough terrain seems like a monumentally expensive(money wise) and costly (resource wise) task. I think it is easier to push paki closer and closer to the brink everytime we are hit with such operations. I think it would be easier to contract kill Pak Army deep in Pindi. 2 equal rank officiers for one of ours.. It would be much much cheaper, and I think with the way Pak economy is resources would be aplenty
Sir as long there are Bridges, electricity, telephone cell phone towers, Ammo dumps, Pakistan defenses will degrade, plus firing Artillery fired mines, so Jihadis get thier legs blown off before crossing the LOC, all tactics need to be included.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Rsatchi wrote: 15 Sep 2023 16:00 This is more to project NaMo as pusillanimous.(remeber the hue and cry after Balakot and 2019 election).
The hue and cry which led to a massive BJP majority and a win in the general elections?.. That's the kind of response we're scared of?

Soros, BIF, etc will cry foul no matter what you do, China will be a menace no matter what you do... I.N.D.I.A gang is already trying it's hardest to manipulate all narratives in order to gain an advantage

What extra motivation are you really handing them with a retaliatory strike that they don't currently have? ... On the other hand it galvanizes the current governments support.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Rakesh wrote: 15 Sep 2023 17:43
Did Pakistan get the message after the 2016 Surgical Strike and the 2019 Balakot Strike? If they did, do you really believe this latest terrorist attack would have happened? Silent, behind the curtain strikes will only achieve a temporary hiatus. Humiliate them and then the rules of the game will change. The Pak Army needs to face public ridicule. If a strike is an option on the table, then we better make damn sure that we can provide concrete evidence of what actions were taken. The empty vessels (idiotic media, bif gangs, anti-India forces, etc) will make the usual noises, but the proof lies in the pudding.

Knowing what they know now that the strikes wouldn't really make the terror sponsoring stop and only lead to a temporary hiatus would the Indian Army and government still do go ahead with Surgical Strike and Balakot?

Im pretty sure the answer is Yes.

Additionally none of the backlash or negative geopolitical outcomes of the strikes seem to outweigh the positives ( Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) whether it is for the ruling party or for Indian military

A strike doesn't need to be the end all solution for a very complex and drawn out problem, And even a temporary hiatus buys time to focus on other outcomes.

For example If we were to go ahead with a strike that keeps the LOC quieter till next summer that allows the leadership to focus on the election campaign and the Infra build in and around Kashmir... Post which even if status quo does resume we are in a better place to face it.
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

Rakesh wrote: 15 Sep 2023 17:43 Did Pakistan get the message after the 2016 Surgical Strike and the 2019 Balakot Strike?
We need to be realist - Pakistan would never cease to use terror. We have seen the era when they had an international support with better economically and now when both has eroded, they have no option but to continue tormenting India, switching reasons from political to religious and vice versa. The only and only one solution is to not let them face one problem at a given time, they need to struggle on multiple fronts, on multiple borders. Their SSGs are now active members of terror groups, they will be targeting high value targets like they did in this case. I am pretty sure something is going to happen, we have seen Modi's response in the past, so hopeful that such brazen attacks are avenged with a higher scale.
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

Rakesh wrote: 15 Sep 2023 17:43 Did Pakistan get the message after the 2016 Surgical Strike and the 2019 Balakot Strike?
Rakesh, Pak will never get the message. However, inaction from our side will only exacerbate the problem.

The effect of Balakot was that the number of grunt terrorists seem to have reduced for a while and it appears that it took some time until they bounced back. Its only in the last one year that we are seeing increased grunt activity. Things were relatively calmer (by a small margin) until now.

There is no solving Pak or the China problem. We have to discourage them to the best extent possible. We have to make it costly for them. We have to make them bleed too so that internal support for such action weakens. There seems to be no other way.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I have always felt we don’t escalate because we are acutely aware of our own shortcomings. For example Israeli tactics are great but what if our own HQ or brass is targeted in tit for tat mechanism, do we have all to defend it and respond. We are not there yet where Bakis can be humiliated at will except when there is an open war.

And then there are other voices which say we don’t use missile strikes inside our own borders so what else is to do except use more technologies, better armour, weapons at scale for our troops. Our successful geopolitics apart We are playing their game at the border and this will only increase as that is their best strategy of keeping motivation high and exporting trouble as they spiral down.
mody
BRFite

Post by mody »

Another 2-3 pigs killed this time in Baramulla sector. Apparently the terrorists were trying to infiltrate. The operation is still ON.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

How did the media get the details they are showing in #Kokernag?

Some higher ups in Army are releasing. And giving access.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

off topic.. but i have to mention this., can we all say I.N.D.I alliance in this forum instead of I.N.D.I.A ?

the next balakot will happen., and this time it wont be just one.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Written in May 2020. Been crowing it since 2018. 5 Years and nothing learnt!
"I wrote this 2 + years ago, I repeat it again,

"The pukis process the initiative and are currently causing us misery. We are ONLY reactive. This policy is a failure. Period.

India must the the aggressor who is responsible for ALL ceasefire violations. We need to seize the initiative and the equilibrium must lie with us. Until then this thread will remain live."

and

"Forgive me but who cares! Strike further, strike deeper. Let them spend money and material in building up ALL of POK to make it safe. Let the whole of POK live in shelters and holes like rats. As long as their lives are not normal, we win.

Whilst they are in shelters, do what they themselves do, infiltrate POK, mine it, IED it and booby trap it. We have to exponentially impose a cost upon them. Kashmir has destroyed both their domestic and foreign policy and now in its cause we must force them to beggar their nation as well."
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Anantnag: Indian Army's Drone Crew Hunts Down Terrorists, Bombs Hideout In J&K

sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Missile attacks by drones would be the most effective in jungles and mountains of Kashmir, rather than our soldiers in one-on-one firefight
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

sanjayc wrote: 16 Sep 2023 18:22 Missile attacks by drones would be the most effective in jungles and mountains of Kashmir, rather than our soldiers in one-on-one firefight
In addition to sophisticated long endurance drones, cheaper mini and even micro drones that would be available and commanded by on-field company/battalion level units would be very useful as well. They may have endurance of only hour or so but would be useful to hunt (observe & destroy) such low-level scum who are in the ones-twos.

And they can probably be developed & manufactured in India.

Eg - one example of one type of a micro-drone which might be effective for this type of pig hunting -
US Marines are testing flying, remote-controlled grenades
konaseema
BRFite

Post by konaseema »

Time to send in the Naga's (the head hunters of our Army) for the next mission.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Let me flip the drone argument around. Drones & loitering munitions, due to their asymmetry, restore parity between unequal powers

The day is not far off when jihadis will come in with a backpack full of drones that can deliver a 1 Kg warhead to an IA checkpost or a police station or a truck convoy

Which is why, its not only important for the proliferation of anti-drone tech, but also kill off the source. Against micro-drones, we cannot protect every nook & cranny, while the enemy can literally choose the time and place of attack

Kill off the source. Assassinate handlers, PA commanders & their families. Mass-kill trainers & jihadis in launch-pads, Destroy PA posts. Do it pro-actively, frequently & unpredictably, so that the enemy cannot wargame our response. The military capacity, organizational structure, power centres of shitistan must become a smoldering ruin. There must be such ethnic strife because of collapsed power structures that they are busy watching their backs

We are letting the enemy remain intact & arm-up at their leisure. All advantages are temporary. Its our responsibility to convert temporary advantages into permanent gain
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Prem Kumar wrote: 17 Sep 2023 13:00 Let me flip the drone argument around. Drones & loitering munitions, due to their asymmetry, restore parity between unequal powers

The day is not far off when jihadis will come in with a backpack full of drones that can deliver a 1 Kg warhead to an IA checkpost or a police station or a truck convoy
It is inevitable.

The Pakis have been using mini-drones for more than a year now for drugs and small arms drops. This has been happening across the Jammu/Punjab borders.

We have to hit them across the entire spectrum range, keep pushing the border west & hold captured territory.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Yup, imagine BLA or pok based militants seeking azaadi from tsp fly these mini and micros in pindi against carore generals. How many can they stop?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Love the swag by Min Rajeev Chandrashekar - message to Pakis
“India has enemies that wants to stop its rise. But they should know this that Indian Military is now a modernised high tech and lethal machine - make no mistake about it. You will be wise to avoid it. This is NewIndia - India will not be intimidated , India will not back down. India has seen war & does not want war but if you go to war with India, someone else will raise your children.”
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

LeT commander Ujair Khan and his two accomplices have been dispatched to their 72. This group was responsible for murdering our four brave hearts in Anantnag encounter:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... s?from=mdr
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

brvarsh wrote: 20 Sep 2023 01:13 LeT commander Ujair Khan and his two accomplices have been dispatched to their 72. This group was responsible for murdering our four brave hearts in Anantnag encounter:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... s?from=mdr
https://x.com/TacticalKafir/status/1704 ... 40053?s=20 ---> Uzair Kabab! LET commander Uzair Khan neutralized by Indian Army in Kokernag operation!

https://x.com/TacticalKafir/status/1704 ... 81420?s=20 ---> Pig enjoying fully with 72 goats, courtesy Indian Army.

sajaym
BRFite

Post by sajaym »

Rakesh wrote: 20 Sep 2023 01:40 https://x.com/TacticalKafir/status/1704 ... 81420?s=20 ---> Pig enjoying fully with 72 goats, courtesy Indian Army.
This picture makes for a brilliant posture with the Tagline --
"Indian Army -- Serving the best Bheja Fry since 1989 ! "
Or in Hindi
"Bharatiya Sena -- Aao dikhaein aapko aapke Hur ! "
prashantsharma
BRFite

Post by prashantsharma »

Why is his face black / decomposed but rest of the body doesn't have any discolouration?
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

prashantsharma wrote: 20 Sep 2023 09:04 Why is his face black / decomposed but rest of the body doesn't have any discolouration?
Exposure to smoke, explosive charge. Could be face paint too.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I hope we are not burying the pigs and fouling the land, they should be straight smoked up and the chimneys pointing towards the pig land
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Horror show comes to an end.

Now for the retaliation. Hope it comes - with principal & interest, not just for this attack, but also for Poonch & Rajouri earlier in the year

Next time an IA commander says "There are 600 terrorists in PoK launchpads waiting to cross-over", hope they are eliminated there itself
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

I came across some news where a DySP of JK Police has been arrested for working with terrorists in connection to the Anantnag encounter? It is sad if it is true, not that it is surprising that the middle rung employees were at one point were appointed at the behest of Hurriyat when Mehbooba govt was there. This was also discussed in Gen Tiny Dhillon's book.