India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by hanumadu »

Trudeau says that they shared 'credible allegations' with India, not 'credible intelligence' in this video here. What are 'credible' allegations anyway?

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 8018054312

In western reporting, credible allegations became 'credible evidence'
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

"Citizen" Nijjar in media: "father", "doting husband", "community leader", "dog lover", etc, etc

Reality:

Last edited by sanman on 23 Sep 2023 08:22, edited 2 times in total.
sudham
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sudham »

I think we are responding very emotionally to this in BRF. If I see it from the Canadian PM's PoV, this is brilliant.
He was under pressure from the terrorist sympathisers to take the pressure off them.
He was under fire for mismanaging everything and presiding over Chinese interference.
With this all the attention has trully been diverted. In my view there is a high likelyhood of Indian government's indirect involvement. They would have been in touch with various Sikh groups. So once he plants enough doubt in everyone's mind about Indian involvement he will be a hero.
Does this damage Canada? Yes. But how is that an issue when he is probably more worried about his election?
sudham
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sudham »

I missed adding. George Bush Junior was considered a failure till Sep 11 happened. He won a seond term post that. Nothing like standing up to external enemies to rally the people behind you.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The next elections are scheduled for 2025.

This issue will be over in the next 15 days for India and the rest of the west.

But Canada and Trudeau will be left holding the bag and facing consequences. While the economic situation remains the same.

In that case, I will be surprised, if he remains PM beyond December.

In the immortal words of Tony Stark, "Not a great plan".
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

sudham wrote: 23 Sep 2023 08:17 I think we are responding very emotionally to this in BRF. If I see it from the Canadian PM's PoV, this is brilliant.
He was under pressure from the terrorist sympathisers to take the pressure off them.
He was under fire for mismanaging everything and presiding over Chinese interference.
With this all the attention has trully been diverted. In my view there is a high likelyhood of Indian government's indirect involvement. They would have been in touch with various Sikh groups. So once he plants enough doubt in everyone's mind about Indian involvement he will be a hero.
Does this damage Canada? Yes. But how is that an issue when he is probably more worried about his election?
What hero? Just the other day, another khalistani was offed. If Trudeau does not prove Indian involvement, it will be open season on khalistanis. This time people will be even more discreet.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

If there is an emotional person it is Canadian Pappu . Why is he running around like a little girl complaining about his troubles to everyone. Reminds me of Manmohan Singh in all regards.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vimal wrote: 23 Sep 2023 08:54 If there is an emotional person it is Canadian Pappu . Why is he running around like a little girl complaining about his troubles to everyone. Reminds me of Manmohan Singh in all regards.
Please don't insult MMS! He has far more credibility than Turdeau.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Well, well -- look what I found:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/surrey-man-accuse ... -1.2923499

It's one of those crazy unreliable Indian media reports -- oh wait, no, it's actually from Canada's own CTV News in British Columbia, published in 2016

It mentions a certain man -- a man whom Canada's Prime Minister is suddenly fretting over in parliamentary speeches.
Last edited by sanman on 23 Sep 2023 09:48, edited 3 times in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Video of BC Premier
https://x.com/ramprasad_c/status/170542 ... 96313?s=20
British Columbia Premier says the briefing he got from Canada’s intelligence agencies on Nijjar’s murder is what anyone could’ve got through an internet search. .
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The way the Canadian leak about SIGINT was phrased, it is explicitly to drive a wedge between the US and India. The beneficiary would be China. My bet is Trudeau is a China/Jagmeet Singh stooge. Trudeau has been reluctant to investigate more than credible claims of Chinese interference in Canadian elections favoring Trudeau’s party. China was going after Conservative MP Michael Chong’s extended family in Hong Kong; Canadian intelligence knew about it, but the MP was not informed.
It is entirely possible that Canada found by itself some SIGINT from the pool available to it by treaty, certainly an American intercept, but implying the US provided it is designed to create distrust.

Obviously I’m guessing. But please keep all possibilities in mind. The whole goal may be to make this new grouping against China ineffective and to keep Trudeau in power. Of course and rightly so India will not sacrifice its interests for the grouping.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Credible allegations are allegations that are reasonable to investigate further.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

A_Gupta wrote: 23 Sep 2023 09:25 Credible allegations are allegations that are reasonable to investigate further.
Certainly. But do they have to be spoken about in the national parliament?

I think, more then that comment, it's the location of the comment. Is what is driving the fury of the Indian response to Trudeau.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Pratyush wrote: 23 Sep 2023 09:40
A_Gupta wrote: 23 Sep 2023 09:25 Credible allegations are allegations that are reasonable to investigate further.

I think, more then that comment, it's the location of the comment. Is what is driving the fury of the Indian response to Trudeau.
Looks like Xi s public rebuke wasn't enough. Remember what that was.?
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

hanumadu wrote: 23 Sep 2023 09:17 Video of BC Premier
https://x.com/ramprasad_c/status/170542 ... 96313?s=20
British Columbia Premier says the briefing he got from Canada’s intelligence agencies on Nijjar’s murder is what anyone could’ve got through an internet search. .
I did some looking around. This video is very interesting because the Premier of BC is David Eby who is from the NDP headed by Jagmeet Singh, and in the video he says that he was not given any information that was not openly available on the internet. Interesting because the murder took place in BC, so the premier of the province should very much be updated of the situation - in fact he should have been briefed weeks or months ago when CSIS did its investigation. Interesting also because BC is the only province that has an NDP government. Wheels within wheels.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Exactly, Trudeau is done.

He and his brain dead cronies didn't think through his allegations.

What happens when finally India says

" Based on the precident set by the United States in its war against terror. India is well within our rights to eliminate no 3 of its most wanted in Canada, and acknowledged his killing.

The fact that we have not done so is proof enough that India has not killed no 3 on our most wanted list, in Canada".

What is Canada or the rest of the western world going to do about it?
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

There is credible evidence to suggest that Justinder had joined the Khalistan Tiger Force and had begun wearing their uniform:

Here we see him gesturing his favourite pronouns -- the Five I's
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Rakesh wrote: 22 Sep 2023 18:51 Canada hand found in Sikh separatism, Tamil war, Mujibur killing, says former national security official
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 818589.cms
21 Sept 2023
Mujibur rahman?! We are going far back into the past.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote: 22 Sep 2023 20:01 Naah, Tharoor in terms of his fundamental thinking is not even half way between India and Bharat. That will make him incompatible with M & A's thinking. I also suspect that given his colourful personal life, he might have been compromised so that rules out D & J as well. A one off Oxford debate or media bite in Queen's English cannot change that.
Tharoor sir introduced Rahul G to a Canadian woman! A few years back. That news was reported everywhere. I am sure there is a link to that news item in BRF (archives).
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

sanman wrote: 23 Sep 2023 10:20 There is credible evidence to suggest that Justinder had joined the Khalistan Tiger Force
holy sht, big if true, good work on clandestinely obtaining this obscure image, please share the source as well, our nsa, the Canadian intelligence agency and interpol needs to be appraised of this serious situation, a credible evidence has been put forth in an august forum, reasonable investigation is the bare minimum in such cases, if I recall the statutes of the Allegations and Name-calling Act in the Internet Age 1875, correctly.
sudham
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sudham »

What hero? Just the other day, another khalistani was offed. If Trudeau does not prove Indian involvement, it will be open season on khalistanis. This time people will be even more discreet.
Trudeau is supposed to lose the election anyway. In addition he is under fire for allowing Chinese interference.

What is the worst case scenario here?
He still loses the election. But the Chinese will ensure they take care of him. A few more Khalistanis die. How is that an issue for him? They are locked into him now and he won't even need a Khalistani intermediary to get their votes.

Best case scenario?
Chinese interference forgotten. India is painted a the bad boy. Divert attention and try to look like someone with balls standing upto India. That might not hurt his chances. Between the woke crowd and the Islamists/Khalistanis, this actually strengthens his political position.

And just for the record I am loving how GoI is responding. Not arguing against that.
sudham
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sudham »

I read somewhere that that was to protect himself from getting sued.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

and here is the amriki "friend" weighing in, and exactly whose "friend" the amrkis are has always been a matter of futile debate

Deeply concerned about allegations raised by PM Trudeau against India: Antony Blinken
New York, September 23

The US is “deeply concerned” about the allegations raised by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau against India on the killing of a Khalistani separatist in Canada, Secretary of State Antony Blinken has said and Washington is "closely coordinating" with Ottawa on the issue and wants to see "accountability" in the case.

Speaking at a press conference here on Friday, Blinken said the US had engaged directly with the Indian government on the issue and the most productive thing would be the completion of this investigation.

“Let me say a few things about this. First, we are deeply concerned about the allegations that Prime Minister Trudeau has raised,” the top US diplomat said in response to a question on Trudeau's allegations against India.

Trudeau said in the Canadian Parliament earlier this week that “Canadian security agencies have been actively pursuing credible allegations of a potential link between agents of the government of India and the killing” of Hardeep Singh Nijjar on June 18 in British Columbia.

“We have been consulting throughout very closely with our Canadian colleagues – and not just consulting, coordinating with them – on this issue. And from our perspective, it is critical that the Canadian investigation proceed, and it would be important that India work with the Canadians on this investigation. We want to see accountability, and it's important that the investigation run its course and lead to that result,” Blinken said.

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/diasp ... ken-547034
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

This is the only thing that the US representative can say in this case at this point in time.

No evidence produced in the course of this investigation is going to harm India in any way shape or form.

We all know what kind of narrative the western world is capable of building. None of that is visible even after nearly 5 days.

All we are seeing is people clutching at any and all available straws over some crumbs of information.

This is not going to be enough to cause any real rifts between India and the non Canadian western world.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

We have got tired of giving dossiers with actual evidence to Pakistan for terrorists, and Pakis have been showing us the middle finger for 30 years. We need to do the same to White Pakis.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The fact that in the last several months, Khalistanis have been attempting violence in Canada, Oz & the UK and that these countries have done pretty much nothing to curb that, show that this is all well-coordinated with the blessing of these governments. Usually these Western countries want to have some levers to use to force compliance from other nations.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

sudham wrote: 23 Sep 2023 08:17 If I see it from the Canadian PM's PoV, this is brilliant.

But how is that an issue when he is probably more worried about his election?
These two statements doesn't make much sense. Federal elections in US, and Canada are mostly won on domestic issues, unless there is an actual war. Also, this "brilliant" PM ji got this scandal going to buy support for his election which is 3 years away and trust the voters memory to recollect this incident in the voting booth? My pranaamam to Justins IQ and yours as well sudham ji.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

chetak wrote: 23 Sep 2023 11:42 and here is the amriki "friend" weighing in, and exactly whose "friend" the amrkis are has always been a matter of futile debate

Deeply concerned about allegations raised by PM Trudeau against India: Antony Blinken
The quote shown does not include this but Blinken also used the term "trans-national repression", an interesting new phrase that shows some thought must have gone in to even creating sound-bites.

Reminded me of Trudeau adding freedom of conscience to the list of freedoms that Canada invented at the G20 presser.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

sudham wrote: 23 Sep 2023 08:17 I think we are responding very emotionally to this in BRF. If I see it from the Canadian PM's PoV, this is brilliant.
Well sudham, at the moment and so far, we in Bharat don't give a rats ass about Turdeau's election chances, thats for Canadian people to decide. India is angry that the Canadian PM made very serious allegations without proof and he is rightly lampooned and ridiculed here. While Bharat has been giving him dossiers full of charges and corresponding evidences on halistani terrotists, some two dozens of them and Canada, especially under Turdeau has dont NOTHING for decades, and now he has the gall (but perhaps not the required bladder) to accuse India.

If YOU have sympathies for him, thats for you to figure out whether he is brilliant or a cheap liar. If planting doubts on India by baseless allegations is your definition of heroism, then India has dealt with such heroes and zeros for decades. We dont worry coz we have curry.

To put it in perspective whats if someone said publicly and on TV that you must stop beating your wife and says they have credible allegations that indicate you have possible links with people who are wifebeaters etc, says you must come clean and cooperate with the investigation, would you react non-emotionally ? Turdeau's accusations are 100x worse.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Is there a 'Behind the Scene' talks going on??
The daily dose of 'Escalatory Cycle' seems to have calmed down!
Peri-G20 the GOI must have gamed in this and there seemed to be a step by step by response.
Wonder if Bhangra T has blinked first, hence the compromise by Blinken statement.
Furthermore it appears to be a combo of Chinese+Deep state strike,
I wonder what or where this new bonhomie is leading to?? :eek:
Can I ask the Maulanars as where do their interest's merge??(meaning Chin and Deep State)
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

In The Globe and Mail, by Omer Aziz, former foreign policy adviser to Trudeau. Quite damning I would say.

When Mr. Trudeau went to India in 2018, the trip became a debacle for Canada. Mr. Modi did not greet him on the tarmac, Mr. Trudeau got a chilly reception in general, and the PMO was put on its heels after it was reported that Jaspal Atwal, a Khalistan supporter once convicted of trying to kill an Indian cabinet minister, had been invited to two receptions during Mr. Trudeau’s visit.

Canada should have at least begun to take steps to ensure our land was not used for terrorist financing – a reasonable demand, given that the overwhelming number of Canadian Sikhs are peaceful and uninterested in using violence to create a separate Sikh homeland. (Coincidentally, Khalistan is almost entirely a diaspora issue; there is little organized support, even among Sikhs in India, for a separate homeland.) By taking goodwill measures, it would have at least been possible to keep talking and find workable policy solutions. The only problem was, Mr. Trudeau did not want to lose the Sikh vote to Jagmeet Singh. So we dug in our heels.

What I saw in government was how Canada’s ethnic domestic battles were distorting our long-term foreign policy priorities, and politicians, who never understood South Asia or India anyway, were pandering in lowest-common-denominator ways in B.C. and Ontario suburbs, and playing up ethnic grievances to win votes. This was especially true within internal Liberal Party politics, meaning that we could hardly focus on foreign policy and strategy without factoring in which ridings might be lost because a certain group might be upset. Canada, as a country, has suffered great reputational damage by such thinking – and none of our allies are going to come to our help on this issue.
Last edited by eklavya on 23 Sep 2023 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Actually India's position and actions in this matter are zimble onlee. India has nothing to do with Najjar's killing. We want western countries to walk the talk on terrorism, and the support terrorist organisations receive from complacent or conniving states. Respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity means non interference in another country's internal matters and that includes not nurturing violent separatist movements on one's own soil that seek to create unrest and dismember another country. There cant be two standards about it, one for the west and another for the rest.

India's responses have been fairly standard, we don't need to game it all to counter Trudeau's intelligence. Blinken's blinking means nothing when the US has been eyes wide shut on happenings in Canada and its own soil and continues to deal with Pakis.

India has simply started using its power in saam, daan, bhed and danD ways to ensure its own sovereignty and territorial integrity aren't threatened by anyone. Thats the overarching Indian approach.

There are enough skeletons in many countries' history that will come tumbling out if they all start walking the talk. Some will to various degrees, some will not. On a day to day tactical basis, friends, those who pretend to be friends, adversaries and enemies will be helping or keep colluding. Bharat is confident and able to deal with it when Trudeau happens. He is not the first and wont be the last.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

It seems the more you look the more you find instances of Canada covering itself with glory !

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 878358.cms

Canada ‘blocked’ extradition requests for fugitive NRIs in Rs 6000 crore drugs haul case.

Hope the larger Canadian society wakes up and makes its govts more accountable and doesn't rest until there is a massive clean up, for their own good.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is what GOI should have done much earlier but it’s better late than never.

The GOI should go after the properties of all the Khalistanis "leaders" to teach them a big lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2zoz85hYn4

Noose Tightens Around Khalistani Pannun , Pannun’s Assests In Amritsar, Chandigarh Seized

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Need to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I2zOjbLBaI

Breaking down the impact of the Canada-India tensions

They are talking about intercepts of conversations between Indian diplomats in kaneda, humint, sigint, and a 5eyes ally (so far unnamed) which has provided some of the intelligence

What were multiple countries doing placing Indian diplomats in kaneda under illegal surveillance and in how many other countries are such coercive measures in place.....

this is an intentionally graded release of news, specifically targeting India, and meant to solidify the kaneda position and is increasingly beginning to sound more like propaganda and psyops to cow down the Indian point of view and to dilute the validity of the Indian response....

needless to say, kaneda is not a friendly country (ever since the kanishka bombing), and the ISI is entrenched here because of their khalistani connections,

one very strongly suspects that the unnamed 5eyes ally is none other than our old nemesis, our erstwhile and the not-so-dearly beloved colonial masters, who still carry a huge grudge because they were kicked out of the subcontinent before they could consolidate once again and complete the loot of India, to recoup their losses sustained during the second word war
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote: 23 Sep 2023 17:46 ...
They are talking about intercepts of conversations between Indian diplomats in kaneda, humint, sigint, and a 5eyes ally (so far unnamed) which has provided some of the intelligence
one very strongly suspects that the unnamed 5eyes ally is none other than our old nemesis, our erstwhile and the not-so-dearly beloved colonial masters, ...
My money is on King Khan.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

A_Gupta wrote: 23 Sep 2023 09:22 My bet is Trudeau is a China/Jagmeet Singh stooge. Trudeau has been reluctant to investigate more than credible claims of Chinese interference in Canadian elections favoring Trudeau’s party. China was going after Conservative MP Michael Chong’s extended family in Hong Kong; Canadian intelligence knew about it, but the MP was not informed.
Two points:

First, there is widespread belief that the Canadian National Security Establishment is riddled with Chinese sympathizers, notice that Canada provided cold weather training on Canadian soil to the PLA, training that the PLA could use against India. Trudeau himself has been the beneficiary of Chinese funding in his father's foundation. The only reason Canada has turned anti China now is because of US pressure.

Second, the conjecture is that in return for providing unquestioned support to Trudeau's minority Liberal Government, Jagmeet Singh and his Khalistani followers would benefit from unquestioned Canadian Government protection. And the fact that Trudeau could not hold up his end of the bargain and Nijjar was killed is a slap in his face. Otherwise the threats, alleged killings (disguised as accidents/suicides) on Canadian soil of Chinese dissidents, the establishment of Chinese police stations in Canada should have become a much bigger story than the Nijjar killing but right now the Chinese are not the flavor of the month with Trudeau because of US pressure.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote: 23 Sep 2023 19:08
chetak wrote: 23 Sep 2023 17:46 ...
one very strongly suspects that the unnamed 5eyes ally is none other than our old nemesis, our erstwhile and the not-so-dearly beloved colonial masters, ...
My money is on King Khan.

Manish ji,

king khan house ni**ers pal ke rakha hai

they won't directly dirty their own hands

Plausible deniability only

but if you ask cui bono, then you will get the answer which you have already got

the amrikis want to dominate the 5eyes + 1langda

that 1langda is their route back to apex predator status and they may need Indian boots (at the time and place of their choosing) on the ground to do that.

Bush junior revealed his hand rather early in the game when he wanted ABA to place IA troops under amriki command for desert storm. That has always been one of their unstated but prime objectives

this is only the first part of the multipart drama, after this, there will be a longish intermission (for some symbolic मरहम पट्टी ), and then part two will start, IMHO, for a possible threat of regime change in 2024.

under the circumstances, old nemesis is the one closest to the canucks and the one that they trust the most and both are khalistani pasand, and both also have it in for Bharath
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

And both Canucks and the Britshits maybe smarting from exclusion in QUAD
And both probably feel upstaged by a former subjugated ‘Halfnaked’ at the top table
Furthermore KK maybe keeping firm hold on serious stuff from 5E given what a leaking bucket UK was during WWII and many homegrown snakes like the ‘The Cambridge Five’
Many Chinese second string lackeys are being fingered in UK (God knows by whom and why)
Last edited by SRajesh on 23 Sep 2023 20:18, edited 1 time in total.