India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by Mort Walker »

I don’t see why the Canadian consulate is allowed to remain in Chandigarh?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

US 5eyes missed both nuclear tests. They are not infallible.
Vinod Ji
BRFite

Post by Vinod Ji »

As India Canada tensions rise, authorities have asked radical Surrey Gurdwara to immediately remove all controversial Posters. These Posters had called for assassination of three Indian diplomats and had glorified Khalistani terr0rists #IndiaCanada #JustinTrudeau

https://twitter.com/rose_k01/status/170 ... zQrPg&s=19
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sanman wrote: 23 Sep 2023 00:28 Who are the FIVE EYES countries again?

USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
Isn't this just some kind of glorified ANGLO GENTLEMEN'S CLUB?
But for the US, the rest are
parliamentary constitutional monarchies
The monarch is Charles III
:mrgreen:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

SSridhar wrote: 23 Sep 2023 12:13 The fact that in the last several months, Khalistanis have been attempting violence in Canada, Oz & the UK ...
Add the US to the list - they tried to burn Indian consulate a fe weeks ago. Luckily the damage was limited.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ 5 eye 8 eye meh but Trudeau’s source of information is always “Trust me bro”
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Dumal wrote: 23 Sep 2023 12:57 The quote shown does not include this but Blinken also used the term "trans-national repression", an interesting new phrase that shows some thought must have gone in to even creating sound-bites.
I think Blinken is hinting at China setting up police stations in Canada and the US. Two birds - China and India - with one stone.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

SRajesh wrote: 23 Sep 2023 13:33 ... hence the compromise by Blinken statement...
There maybe direct link to Farmers' agitation and the Canadian diplo-mutt who got kicked out. They guy was Intellgence station chief in India. Blinken (CIA really) might have not only known but helped that Canadian bum. Probably India's MEA showed the proof to Canadian hai-hai comissioner and kicked that intelligence officer out. That is why Blinken is trying to make noises of compromise. This spat will be quietly buried and forgotten as time goes by. India has stood the ground unlike during MMS rule which wa probably not exoected in DC and Ottawa. So CIA and canucks are climbing down.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote: 23 Sep 2023 21:47 *Minister* Ralph Goodale is now *Canadian High Commissioner to UK*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Goodale
Isn't that a demotion?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: 24 Sep 2023 03:51 US 5eyes missed both nuclear tests. They are not infallible.
Amreeki misled the UN in "SaaDDam" (as Bush used to call Hossein as if he is his buddy)'s Iraq. Quolin bin al pavel did a lot of handwaving and then US went to war.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

NRao wrote: 24 Sep 2023 05:57
So many moving parts and speculations. But one thing is for sure, in whichever angle you look at this, it is an advantage for India and Modi, and the big loser is Canada. So is it possible Canadian deep state wants to get rid of Trudeau? I am asking this because 5 eye countries have not taken any substantial diplomatic action other than making some vague and reluctant public statements. So in the next 5 days, if nothing substantial comes from the 5 eyes, Trudeau will lose all credibility.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Perhaps it was Sanjeev Sanyal - independence movement 1910s - Ghadar Party (read here: https://www.saada.org/tides/article/the-ghadar-party) raised the banner of Indian Independence. Sikh Gurdwaras in California and Canada were hotbeds of this movement. Per Sanyal, the British infiltrated the Gurdwaras in Canada and British loyalists seized control from the Ghadar party Sikhs. The effort included assassinations, if I remember correctly. Since then, per Sanyal, the British have not ceded their influence. Later these became a base for Khalistan.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

williams wrote: 24 Sep 2023 07:19 So many moving parts and speculations. But one thing is for sure, in whichever angle you look at this, it is an advantage for India and Modi, and the big loser is Canada. So is it possible Canadian deep state wants to get rid of Trudeau? I am asking this because 5 eye countries have not taken any substantial diplomatic action other than making some vague and reluctant public statements. So in the next 5 days, if nothing substantial comes from the 5 eyes, Trudeau will lose all credibility.
IF one agrees with The Duran, then it is about the US Neocons vs. Modi. I tend to agree.

It is about India and BRICS + G-21, and both challenge the US current construct.

Canada is irrelevant.

It is no longer about calls being recorded or even Nijjar. It is about if India is willing to heel.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Cyrano wrote: 24 Sep 2023 02:27 What happened to all the proof demanding Barking Dutt jurnos of the world I wonder!
Have been watching her every now and then.

Whatever her leanings as an individual. She is still a journalist at her core.

Some cannot see beyond the individual. But we should be concerned with the journalist.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The neocons are irrelevant.

The Indian media response is too unified to not be a result of government's marching orders.

If the State department wants an exit strategy. The Indian media has provided that to the US State department.

It's now for them to decide which direction they want to go.

The funny thing is that these Khalistani clowns had even threatened Rahul Gandhi. When he was meeting NRI in USA.

So INC has to support the government.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The timing of the incident reveals conspiracy against Modi in the upcoming elections. That's how I see it with the active participation of the Biden administration in the whole episode.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I do not think it is about Bharatiya elections - that experiment failed in the worst way possible.

On the irrelevancy of the Neocons, it is not about relevancy, it is about - at this point in time - the Neocons being alive. As long as they are alive (have a platform to make noise) they will. They always have. They have no reverse gears.

The best Modi can do is to figure out how to kill the Neocons. I SUSPECT Modi knows how to do that. The math is with Modi. But it will be high dramatics.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

SSridhar wrote: 24 Sep 2023 07:52 The timing of the incident reveals conspiracy against Modi in the upcoming elections. That's how I see it with the active participation of the Biden administration in the whole episode.
I wouldn't agree. For the US security state the utility of India is as part of the alliance against China. The Modi Government, which is cohesive and done more to advance defense cooperation with the US as well as confronting China is about as good as it gets. A melangerie of 28 opposition parties I.N.D.I.A some of whom are allied with China is the last thing the US would want.

I think it's more Left Wing vs Right Wing played at a global level e.g. when the Conservative Government of Stephen Harper was in power in Canada relations were good, Khalistan was still an issue but it was managed diplomatically without the current Trudeau theatrics. Harper continues to have good relations with India even out of politics, he is a regular invitee at the Raisina Dialogues. Indian-Italian relations which had hit rock bottom in the wake of the shooting of Indian fisherman by Italian marines on board that merchant ship have improved dramatically with the right wing Giorgia Meloni and the right wing Narendra Modi. Having said that the Left and Neo Cons have a tendency to shoot from the hip without thinking of consequences i.e. got rid of Gaddafi who was a bulwark against African migration to Europe and look at waves of refugees inundating Europe across the Mediterranean.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ldev wrote: 24 Sep 2023 08:18
SSridhar wrote: 24 Sep 2023 07:52 The timing of the incident reveals conspiracy against Modi in the upcoming elections. That's how I see it with the active participation of the Biden administration in the whole episode.
I wouldn't agree. For the US security state the utility of India is as part of the alliance against China. The Modi Government, which is cohesive and done more to advance defense cooperation with the US as well as confronting China is about as good as it gets. A melangerie of 28 opposition parties I.N.D.I.A some of whom are allied with China is the last thing the US would want.
I would say that the US thinking would be as follows: Modi govt has done all the heavy-lifting as far as close India-US relationship went. Today, there are about 65 working groups in which interaction takes place. 'Hesitations of history have disappeared'. The largest number of military exercises between any countries happen between India & the US. The relationship is too tightly integrated for anyone to rock it badly. All Indians submit the FATCA form. Besides, the Communists who created a ruckus in UPA-I are moribund. There is nobody who would oppose the India-US relationship within the unholy I.N.D.I.A. alliance. The Modi government, in spite of the closeness to the US, is not pliable on several issues whereas a coalition can be very easily manipulated as the heterogenous group is full of unscrupulous leaders.

The US is angry with India regarding its stance in the UKR. It wants to get rid of Russia as much as it wants to get rid of the Chinese challenge. It is seething with impotent rage as it is unable to do much because it is caught in the need to have "the utility of India is as part of the alliance against China", as you said. It has concealed its anger so far because any outburst would have only helped Modi and the BJP. EAM Jaishankar effectively muted the US on 'backsliding of democracy', 'intolerance' and the entire toolkit. They may mumble something now and then on these issues, but that's about all. So, they resorted to Soros & Hindenburg. Didn't work. Now, time is running out. Trudeau, with his familial involvement running back to decades in Khalistani terrorism, came handy. The idea here is to create a mayhem in the most sensitive state before the elections hoping that Sikhs in the Punjab would join in support, possibly by roping in Pakistan too.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

hnair wrote: 24 Sep 2023 02:10….,

This would be a valid argument for western fanbois who believe:
a) US is an omnipotent god
b) bin laden did not exist for almost 10 years past his expiry date while dropping videos every quarter
….

From now on, any evidence that comes out from Ottawa should be treated as 100% made-in-China fake evidence. …..
A hundred times this. Why should we be convinced that Canada/ US have legitimate proof? Because they’re goras?

By even giving them the slightest credibility we are ignoring their years of catastrophic intelligence blunders while subjecting ourself to an intellectual colonialism.

Have we so easily forgotten the fake WMD allegation by US agains Iraq that “was based on intelligence” (Colin Powell lied in the UN about it) and resulted in millions dead and displaced in the Iraq war and its aftermath?

In all likelihood chances are that Canadian ‘intelligence’ is not decisive, subject to interpretation and in fact even totally wrong.

You think GOI are fools to have opened a file marked “Kill this ar$ehole”?

You think that it’s proof if one diplomat boasts to another “Maar diya panchaud ko?”.

I feel that we lose half our battles when we convince ourself that western intelligence must be impeccable. In fact it is most likely shoddy, and fake.

My stand is that there is zero chance that there is ANY evidence linking India to this. The ‘evidence’ cannot hold.

On the contrary we need to go on the attack- who the f@@k is Trudeau that he thinks he can make a public allegation against a sovereign nation? Would he do that against England or France? Is this yet another sign of white racist attitudes?

Western intelligence and Trudeau himself can sit on my lap and salute my pole.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

No, I don't think elections matter. This incident will in fact make good talking points for Modi. That he stood up to the Canadian thuggery and we fight both white Pakis and brown Pakis etc.

I don't buy the Neocon theory also. If Neocons wanted something they could have demanded some sort of quid pro quo for the defense deals or could have sabotaged the G20 meet.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

What SSridhar said, plus a large part of Biden's constituency - the part that is foreign affairs aware - believe that Modi is a monster, and India is under a fascist dictatorship. I'm sure Biden knows that is rubbish, but he too has to pander to his constituency. Especially when Trump is keeping the race close, and the Democrats' main hope is the women's vote who do not like the restrictions on their choice.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

this is like a surgical strike without even doing one ..
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar This is a diplomatic Pulwama.
Terrorists based in foreign soil, diplomatic ambush, hurt reputation after successful G-20 etc., etc.
It's answer will be a diplomatic Balakot.
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

SSridhar wrote: 24 Sep 2023 08:47
ldev wrote: 24 Sep 2023 08:18
I would say that the US thinking would be as follows: Modi govt has done all the heavy-lifting as far as close India-US relationship went. Today, there are about 65 working groups in which interaction takes place. 'Hesitations of history have disappeared'. The largest number of military exercises between any countries happen between India & the US. The relationship is too tightly integrated for anyone to rock it badly. All Indians submit the FATCA form. Besides, the Communists who created a ruckus in UPA-I are moribund. There is nobody who would oppose the India-US relationship within the unholy I.N.D.I.A. alliance. The Modi government, in spite of the closeness to the US, is not pliable on several issues whereas a coalition can be very easily manipulated as the heterogenous group is full of unscrupulous leaders.
I still think you are underestimating the Left wing/green/woke credentials of the Biden administration and the dynamics that it creates in their foreign relationships. It does not have good relations with a single right wing Government I can think off, ally or not. Netanyahu has still not had a meeting with Biden has he? Viktor Orban of Hungary, NATO member and all is vilified. (By the way did you see the personal antipathy between Giorgia Meloni and Justin Trudeau at the G7 in Japan? ) So I am not surprised that under the surface cordiality there is tension between the left wing Biden administration and the Modi Government. As far as the dysfunctional I.N.D.I.A. alliance being the preferred Government in India as I said, at least in my opinion, it will be a disaster, and the US China policy will become undone, but as I said the Left Wing and neocons shoot from the hip before thinking of the consequences.
SSridhar wrote: 24 Sep 2023 08:47The US is angry with India regarding its stance in the UKR. It wants to get rid of Russia as much as it wants to get rid of the Chinese challenge. It is seething with impotent rage as it is unable to do much because it is caught in the need to have "the utility of India is as part of the alliance against China", as you said. It has concealed its anger so far because any outburst would have only helped Modi and the BJP. EAM Jaishankar effectively muted the US on 'backsliding of democracy', 'intolerance' and the entire toolkit. They may mumble something now and then on these issues, but that's about all. So, they resorted to Soros & Hindenburg. Didn't work. Now, time is running out. Trudeau, with his familial involvement running back to decades in Khalistani terrorism, came handy. The idea here is to create a mayhem in the most sensitive state before the elections hoping that Sikhs in the Punjab would join in support, possibly by roping in Pakistan too.
I personally think that this incident will increase Modi's popularity in India and enhance the prospects for the current Government at the next general elections. Very difficult to destabilize Punjab IMO but you would know better. So I think the best course of action for India is to ride out both Trudeau and Biden and keep the eye on the ball, both will be out by early 2025.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Besides the nuisance value of Trudoodoo, I don't see much has been achieved by the barking Trudoodoo. In fact the Khalistani movement is becoming a dead duck as far as Bharat is concerned. Majority Sikhs don't support the cause. 5 eyes don't want association with another terrorist org. Everyone recognizes that Pukes and Emperor are behind the call and 5 eyes prefer them to be the attack dogs. The global deep state is also behind it but they have been at it since BrutishShit Raj days. They will try other different strategies, Trudoodoo will be kicked aside very soon.

The US is caught in a bind. Rus-Ukr story is a long drawn war plan and the US deep state wants every Ukr to die for its cause. The other objective was to ruin Germany which is a done deal. The India opposition to Ukr is now beneficial since Oil flow and oil refining feeding Euros is via India. In parallel, the US has decided to kick out China (covid and arrogance of Emperor) and the only alternate is India. All leading world's manufacturing companies have internally decided upon this move, ethically and morally they cannot support China anymore. Made in India sounds more appealing than made in china to the rest of the world who have been caught up in covid/vaccines/masks/etc. To make the transition from china to happen in India they need BJP/Modi team (right skillsets), I.N.D.I.A is a set of duffers. We can revisit the US-India stance once the transition has fully occurred, for then the dynamics are different. But that is at least 5+ yrs.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote: 24 Sep 2023 09:01 SSridhar This is a diplomatic Pulwama.
Yeah, but we are all trying to see what is the underlying reason that triggered this diplomatic Pulwama.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ldev wrote: 24 Sep 2023 09:14 [ . . . but as I said the Left Wing and neocons shoot from the hip before thinking of the consequences.
ldev, agree with you completely. They outdo by a considerable margin the average American Joe who is prone to similar affliction.
ldev wrote: 24 Sep 2023 09:14So I think the best course of action for India is to ride out both Trudeau and Biden and keep the eye on the ball, both will be out by early 2025.
GoI is seemingly taking all precautions to prevent a domestic component to this issue, which is what, IMO, the adversaries want. GoI is well aware of this aspect, I would guess.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

IMO,

1) the most important thing, diplomatically speaking, IFS, is an extremely capable service.

When it is coupled with clear headed political leadership. It has over the last 75 years gotten more things right then wrong.

That gives me full confidence in our ability to smash Trudeau into the ground alongside every one of his supporters.

2) People are thinking that Canadians were provoked by the neocons into acting this way.

That ignores the long-standing Canadian support to Khalistani terrorism and the split personality of that state.

Canada is perfectly capable of performing diplomatic sepeku without any external intervention.

3) the neocons can try to take advantage of this situation. But like everything else, it will blowup in their face.
Last edited by Pratyush on 24 Sep 2023 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Since this person appeared before the Supreme Court of India, can anyone here identify him? Here is the judgment of a Canadian court:
Date:2020-10-30
File number: VB9-08602
Citation: X (Re), 2020 CanLII 123977 (CA IRB), <https://canlii.ca/t/jn2sf>, retrieved on 2023-09-24
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/20 ... ultIndex=2

How I found this should be clear from the excerpt below:
[1] XXXX XXXX XXXX (Appellant) is a 31-year-old national of India who immigrated to Canada in XXXX 2012 with his parents through the sponsorship by his sister. He resided primarily in Canada with some lengthy yearly trips back to India until XXXX 2016 when he returned to India to get married. He had booked a return flight to return to Canada on XXXX XXXX XXXX 2016 but was arrested on XXXX XXXX, 2016 on suspicion of involvement in terrorist activities.

[2] The Appellant credibly alleges that he suffered torture while in custody. He was finally released on bail by the High Court of Punjab on XXXX XXXX, 2017. The Court’s reasons for granting bail reveal that there was not a single shred of evidence to establish that the Appellant even has any association with the alleged terrorist organization Babbar Khalasa International Organization (BKI) or Hardeep Singh Nijjar.[1] The Appellant has not been brought to trial in India to date, and credibly testified that his lawyer in India was bringing forth an application to have his charges dismissed by the Indian Supreme Court.
Exhibit [1] does not appear to be available.

My notes: "alleged terrorist organization" BKI???
Canada listed BKI as a terrorist organization in 2003.
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl ... en.aspx#17

It would be good to know if the court back in 2020 recognized association with Hardeep Singh Nijjar as a potential disqualification to residency in Canada.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

There are more than 1.5 million Hindus and Sikhs combined in Canada. It is impossible for Canada to keep track of who is an Indian agent and who is not. The hit orders can be given from India or even in India to someone visiting India. And Lawrence Bishnoi proved it just a few days ago.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

The fact that Nijjar was implicated in the 2007 Ludhiana blast makes me wonder if this isn't connected to 26/11/2008. We've always assumed local help for 26/11, but what if the help was from Khalistani organizations?

That other Canadian terrorist Rana is fighting extradition to India. Would make sense Nijjar has to be killed in case Rana outs him under questioning in India.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kaneda's pappu

After cancelling trade talks with the world’s 5th largest economy India, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau signs FTA with war-torn Ukraine

@JustinTrudeau

We’ve just signed the modernized Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement.

This deal supports long-term security, stability, and economic development in Ukraine – and helps ensure high-quality market access for Canadian businesses participating in Ukraine’s economic recovery.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/statu ... 8569708709
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

^^^^ One's a professional joker, the other's a... oh wait...they're the same
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

williams wrote: 24 Sep 2023 08:53
No, I don't think elections matter. This incident will in fact make good talking points for Modi. That he stood up to the Canadian thuggery and we fight both white Pakis and brown Pakis etc.

I don't buy the Neocon theory also. If Neocons wanted something they could have demanded some sort of quid pro quo for the defense deals or could have sabotaged the G20 meet.
*if* Modi caves to the Trudeau demand of “lock up your sleuths and mend your ways” that would definitely harm BJP in the election. It may be the US strategy is to browbeat or intimidate into caving—giving them *something*. So that could be a path to removing Modi.

Recall that Modi backed out of the farmers’ bill. Such decisions have consequences—it sent a message that Modi is vulnerable to sustained and determined pressure.

Another instance of Modi sarkar caving was the throwing of Nupur sharma under the bus to appease Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Things like this send a message to adversaries that GoI will squeal if its testimonials are squeezed hard and long enough.

I’m not saying that Modi will cave to Trudeau & massa on this. I am suggesting that previous decisions conveying a message of softness may have brought about this situation.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Yensoyji
That’s just a Quid Pro Quo for supplying during the conflict
And if there’s a stalemate and compromise the rebuilding of rubble strewn UKR is going to be a bonanza noo
What’s he going to get from us except supplying Masoor Dall and fertiliser noo
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

The BIFs know it and MODI sarkar knows it
This time there will be no compromise
If provoked more jhapads are on the way
A Silent NaMo is a dangerous NaMo
He’s letting EAM and the Baboos take the lead
And the Congress and opposition know they cannot question him on this issue else they will be labelled as you know what
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Farmers and Nupur were domestic issues
But the sympathy and public dividends more for the BJP rather than the anti national noo
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

SRajesh wrote: 24 Sep 2023 13:00 What’s he going to get from us except supplying Masoor Dall and fertiliser noo
He is giving us fertilizer without us asking for it. He is giving it in his parliament too.