India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by Rakesh »

chetak wrote: 24 Sep 2023 21:17 Apologies Rakesh ji.

That didn't come out right. My bad

Notwithstanding, your point is well taken and valid.
Why are you apologizing for something that was not directed at you? :)

My apologies - to you! - for not being clear to whom it was directed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rakesh wrote: 24 Sep 2023 23:58
chetak wrote: 24 Sep 2023 21:17 Apologies Rakesh ji.

That didn't come out right. My bad

Notwithstanding, your point is well taken and valid.
Why are you apologizing for something that was not directed at you? :)

My apologies - to you! - for not being clear to whom it was directed.

crossed wires syndrome, saar.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Tanaji wrote: 24 Sep 2023 23:07 The Indian media should really focus on why the killing of suspects (which they legally are until convicted in a court) by the United States on foreign soil is allowed and celebrated but by others is against the “rules-based order”.

The rules of the debate need to be challenged regularly or else we are always in a reactionary mode.
Yeah, don't expect Indian media to do any original thinking. But the Modi govt knows how to play them. So far this announcement by the Canadian Pappu has not caused any domestic or international negative repercussions for the Govt of India. Let me list it out.

1. The Women's Reservation Bill passed and the opposition including Pappu is not criticizing Modi or demanding an explanation for actions against Canada. If at all anything, Modi's popularity has increased quite a bit both domestically and internationally.
2. We stopped Visa processing, and Canada has not reciprocated.
3. EAM is doing amazing work meeting with Quad and other leaders in NY nothing got disrupted due to this issue.
4. More resources are put by the NIA to go after local Kalisthani resources and no one is complaining. If this was done without the backdrop of Canadian Pappu doing his shenanigans, there would be noise from the usual domestic quarters.

So what we are analyzing here is whatever is put out in BBC & NY Times. Four out of five times these media outlets don't say anything positive about Bharath or Modi. What's new?

What did we really lose? FTA with these losers? People-to-people contact? Canada has a population of 2 or 3 Indian metro areas for god's sake. :D They rely on US tech for anything. Granted, they have some resources but nothing exclusive that we cannot buy from other markets. I think Modi, Shah, and Jayshanker spoke about this for 10 minutes and just moved on. Rest is taken care of by the Babus.

BTW, If this is what BIF super master minds can come up with to disrupt the rise of Bharath, our Rakshaks should be laughing their way to the Bank. In fact, I am now thinking of an angle that it could be our intelligence guys who created this whole thing to put Canada and Kalisthanis on notice.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

i think Modi ji would or should not be commenting on falsdu s faux pas

Why take $hit on your hand knowing it is $hit
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The murderers of Ripudaman Singh Malik are arrested, charged with first degree murder. The first guy, Tanner Fox, is certainly an assassin for hire.

The Canadian authorities say - we are not going to go public with the motive for the killing or the master mind because the matter is before the courts. (So why not with respect to Nijjar too?).

As far as I can tell, there has been no arrest or any kind of information about the person who hired these two assassins.

I see credible allegations of a potential cover-up by the Canadian authorities to avoid harming a prominent Khalistani supporter of Prime Minister Trudeau. I want to get an Indian journalist with an inside line to Indian intelligence to see if these allegations are true. The Canadians are hiding the mastermind and slow-walking the court case.

What I've gathered is below. There is very little info about what is happening in the courts that I could find.

[1] https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6533769

[2] https://www.nsnews.com/bc-news/hearing- ... er-5865014

[3] https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.co ... d-b-c-man/

July 14, 2022 : Ripudaman Singh Malik shot dead by two gunmen. [1]

July 27, 2022 : Tanner Fox, 21, and Jose Lopez, 23 charged with the murder. [1]

August 10, 2022: Bail hearing scheduled

September 2022: Tanner Fox hearing for April 8 assault charge [1]

September 23, 2022: Hearing adjourned till October 7. Surrey Provincial Court Judge Kimberley Arthur-Leung [2]

May 27, 2023: Tanner Fox charged with the with second-degree murder in the death of Chad Colivas, 41, of Abbotsford. March 21, 2022. Also charged in Colivas’s death is Laetitia Acera, 30, of Abbotsford. She is facing a charge of manslaughter.

September 5, 2023 : Tanner Fox's next hearing for Ripudaman Singh murder. "Fox’s next appearance on that matter is Sept. 5 in Surrey for a preliminary inquiry."
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

I don't know whether this news item was covered previously.

The Canadian aircraft in his convoy was denied departure due to the discovery of large quantities of drugs, lending credence to the suggestion that drugs were involved in the incident. Airport sniffer dogs reportedly detected a large quantity of drugs on Trudeau’s plane, leading to his departure being cancelled.

{What happened with the Technical Fault In Plane? No wonder the deep state is out to defend Trudoodoo because there is some criminal enterprise happening.}
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

CTV News report from 2016:

Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep78R8OP_b4

‘This is not an India-Canada problem, this is an India-Trudeau issue’- Ex-US official Michael Rubin

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

I just posted a video above via Youtube --- but my Youtube account was disabled within minutes of my uploading it.

I'm making available the same video through this other video website -- let me know if you can see it:

https://vimeo.com/867743527
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

NYT is into tricky english phrasing (following 3 lines):

US Provided Canada with Intelligence on killing of Sikh Leader

American intelligence gave assistance, but communications intercepted by Canada were more definite in linking India to the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar.

// Gosh Chutiya NYT! Talk about double meaning and implication by innuendo. So US gave some intercepts and Canada itself decide about the "Definite linking of India to killing... ". This is media war against India, especially NYT.

U.S. Ambassador to Canada said that US shared some intelligence with Canda. But Canada using their supreme IQ concluded killing by India. We have Indians saying how can India do this? SuSwa is one example.
Intelligence could have had other trash, like the dudes like Nijjar are running drug rings, women trade, god knows what. But Kaneda super smart interpretation is India did it. So now the story is Five Eyes shared intelligence which Kaneda/Trudoodoo interpreted and clearly India did the killing. What slimeball reporting and slimeball media war.

BTW watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlW6-lvQPoc
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sanman wrote: 25 Sep 2023 03:41 I just posted a video above via Youtube --- but my Youtube account was disabled within minutes of my uploading it.

I'm making available the same video through this other video website -- let me know if you can see it:

https://vimeo.com/867743527
Post it in Rumble too
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

https://apnews.com/article/canada-parli ... 168a4cee46

Leader of Canada’s House of Commons Apologizes for Honoring Man Who Fought for Nazis

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-un ... skyy-visit

Canada Under Fire for Applauding 'Literal Nazi' in Parliament During Zelensky Visit
Canadian Jewish organizations and social media critics are slamming the Canadian Parliament for giving a man who fought for the Nazis a standing ovation during an event featuring Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s visit to the country.

"FSWC is appalled that Canada’s Parliament gave a standing ovation to a Ukrainian veteran who served in a Nazi military unit during the Second World War implicated in the mass murder of Jews and others. An apology and explanation is owed," the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Canadian nonprofit dedicated to educating people on the Holocaust, wrote on X, previously known as Twitter.

Video and photos show the Canadian Parliament erupted into cheers on Friday during Zelenskyy’s visit to the country’s capital of Ottawa, when Canadian lawmakers also honored Yaroslav Hunka, a 98-year-old Ukrainian immigrant who fought for the First Ukrainian Division, according to the Toronto Star. That division was also known as the Waffen-SS Galicia Division, which fought for the Nazis as its paramilitary arm under the Schutzstaffel organization, according to the outlet.

"The fact that a veteran who served in a Nazi military unit was invited to and given a standing ovation in Parliament is shocking. At a time of rising antisemitism and Holocaust distortion, it is incredibly disturbing to see Canada's Parliament rise to applaud an individual who was a member of a unit in the Waffen-SS, a Nazi military branch responsible for the murder of Jews and others and that was declared a criminal organization during the Nuremberg Trials," the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center continued in their statement.
Last edited by sanman on 25 Sep 2023 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Rishab Gulati on NewX has some of the best analysis.

Modi ji has to address this issue in Parliament outlining things we already know -
  1. PM Trudeau raised the issue of Nijjar during G20; he did not provide any reasonable proof and we dismissed the allegations.
  2. We expressed concerns about terrorists operating from Canadian soil and the non-cooperation of Canadian agencies.
  3. While we have dismissed Trudeau's allegations, we understand how important it is to Canada to get to the bottom of this issue. Since we have nothing to hide, we are willing to co-operate IF Canada is willing to co-operate with us on the 26 pending extradition requests with substantial real evidence we have provided to them. Since these requests are several years old, our co-operation will follow action from Canada.
  4. As per statements from Canada and USA, we realize that our diplomatic missions in Canada are being spied upon. We believe any competent intelligence agency would also have similar information about Nijjar's activities, his visits to Pakistan for training etc. This means that Canada provided Canadian citizen to a known terrorist.
  5. As per statements from Nijjar's family who have said that Canadian intelligence was in weekly connect with Nijjar and the fact that he wea provided Canadian citizenship inspite of his activities, we have reasonable evidence to believe that Nijjar was cultivated as a Canadian intelligence asset. We want to discuss this and other such cases as well.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

chetak wrote: 24 Sep 2023 21:17
Pratyush ji,

one fears that there is more to come.

The saga will not end so easily.
I have stated in an earlier post, that this story will be over in the next 15 days.

Trudeau will not be the PM of Canada beyond the beginning of December.

Ignore the noise and focus on the signal. Even the NYT story beyond the headlines is washing it's hands of the whole affair. The US ambassadors comments have to be seen in the same light.

The BBC is story is no different.

The stories in Economist and FT are pure speculation.

Canada is ultimately the US problem to solve.

Any pressure on India by US on this topic has the potential of completely derailing any future Indian cooperation with the US.

WRT, the US wanting a docile India. There is a difference between wants and needs.

It needs a strong India in order to deal with the future challenges it faces.

It is simply a matter of supreme national interest for the USA.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

SKumar, what is this fetish with the PM making a statement in the parliament over everything under the sun?

What we have is a case of a dog chasing a car. Why do you think that the car driver should stop his car?

Trudeau, made half cocked allegation against India in his parliament.

He is a Canadian problem to solve.

We have said what needs to be said, through the Indian media. People can try to ignore that, at their own peril.

When even Barkha Dutt is on the message. Then you know that India is extremely sure of what is happening.
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Amazing that so much passion and energy is being spent on this.

What communications? Between who? If they are not with the party that executed the murder, what validity do any other communications have as "evidence"? Person A randomly taking credit in a communication to Person B for the murder doesn't constitute evidence.

Let's review facts:
2 masked heavy set men
Approached the truck, shot Nijjar and took off on foot.
Then somehow they were in a silver Toyota Camry driven by a third person. We will don't know what happened and where they got into the car.
They don't know who the three are
They don't have the car
They certainly don't have the weapons used

But somehow they have evidence linking diplomats to the murder? Without knowing the identity of the primary suspects, the driver, having the car (or its owner), or the weapons used.

IMHO, the murder method resembles a gang style shooting more than anything else.

Why are we wasting so much energy on getting upset? This is a comedy with a clown at its head. Get some popcorn and see how it unfolds

Next
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Jaishankar’s pitch against ‘terror haven’ Canada finds resonance in New York
September 24, 2023
New Delhi

In what has come as a diplomatic triumph for India, New Delhi’s fact and evidence-based strong narrative against Canada’s “politically driven” controversial claims has met with the approval of a significant part of the global community. Top leaders and ministers from various countries including Quad member states Japan and Australia and some European nations who were in New York to attend the 78th session of the UNGA share India’s concern about how Canada has turned into “a safe haven for terrorists”. They were convinced as India flagged inaction by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

avid wrote:Without knowing the identity of the primary suspects

Yes Kaneda should engage in a thorough investigation to find the perpetrators before ascribing motives and accusations. Trudoodoo is a clown, who seems to be brash and childish and full off himself. His plane was caught with drugs, so I conclude he is high on some potent stuff. The people of Kaneda need to sort this out. There is no point dragging in fives eyes or India into this mess. What happened to the Police of Kaneda (r they incompetent?).
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Now now Bala,

Why ask a question whose answer is known to you. :rotfl:
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Here's my prediction of how the Indian visa issuance situation in Canada will play out:

1. Within 1 week, we will start issuing emergency visas. Evidence of emergency purpose will be sought, even non life/death situations like own/immediate family member wedding ceremony will be allowed.
2. Within 2 weeks, we will start issuing visas for business travel - again with evidence of intent including letter from inviter. We will also start issuing medical visas to patients & caregivers.
3. Within 4 weeks, we will start issuing tourist visas at large, but at a reduced rate.
4. By end of November, we will resume OCI issuance but vetting process will be more thorough.

i. E-visas will be suspended for some time
ii. Visas will be issued for a shorter duration than usual like 6 months or 1 year (emergency visas are generally issued only for the duration of stated purpose)

I am pretty confident of the timeline, because of Diwali & Gurpurab. GoI really does not wish to inconvenience genuine travelers and is very humane in the treatment of family relationships. GoI cannot appear to be targeting Sikhs which makes the Gurpurab date so key. One can expect processing to begin 4-5 weeks prior to Gurpurab (27th November) to allow 2 weeks processing and some time for travel. As for OCI issuance, once the Gurpurab traffic is done with and before Christmas traffic begins, there may be some additional bandwidth for OCI work.

There will be a lot more scrutiny of paperwork now, and human processing which will slow things down overall.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

There is no need to show any flexibility to any Canadian citizen.

Let them put pressure on Canada to back down. Visiting a foreign nation is not a right. It's a privilege extended to the individual from the host.

If the nation on the whole is hostile to us. Then there is no need for us to show any consideration for any of the citizens of that nation.

We hear often that Khalistanis represent a tiny fraction of Sikh population in Canada.

If that is the case, then let the majority of the Canadian Sikh population speak out and tell the Canadian government to dial down.

It's not the responsibility of Indian government to help those people.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Pratyush wrote: 25 Sep 2023 07:59 There is no need to show any flexibility to any Canadian citizen.
GoI will do it because of impact to Indian family members only. You can have your views but I bet this is what will happen. Message has been conveyed, posters are being torn down (and documented to show earlier inaction), embassy staff has been right-sized and Canada is feeling the pinch. Only FATF remaining.
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Pratyush wrote: 25 Sep 2023 07:00 SKumar, what is this fetish with the PM making a statement in the parliament over everything under the sun?

What we have is a case of a dog chasing a car. Why do you think that the car driver should stop his car?

Trudeau, made half cocked allegation against India in his parliament.

He is a Canadian problem to solve.

We have said what needs to be said, through the Indian media. People can try to ignore that, at their own peril.

When even Barkha Dutt is on the message. Then you know that India is extremely sure of what is happening.
Pratyush,

If you see it as a fetish, so be it. You will see more messages from me on this, so deal with it.

It is slightly more serious than a dog chasing a car. Modi ji may be making the same mistake he did with CAA and the farm laws allowing it to get out of hand.

A direct address by him sets out the red lines for every one. His silence leads to more speculation.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

skumar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:23 If you see it as a fetish, so be it. You will see more messages from me on this, so deal with it.

It is slightly more serious than a dog chasing a car. Modi ji may be making the same mistake he did with CAA and the farm laws allowing it to get out of hand.

A direct address by him sets out the red lines for every one. His silence leads to more speculation.
skumar, please use your personal social media profile for such messages. Thanks
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

skumar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:23 Snip....

direct address by him sets out the red lines for every one. His silence leads to more speculation.
1) When India has already called the allegations absurd. There is no reason for Indian PM or even EAM to address this topic anymore.

The political leadership making any un provoked comments on this topic will open India to more questions and not end the topic.

1.( a) it's the Canadians who are climbing down the ladder. That says more about the political maturity of Indian leadership. Then anything you or I can comment on.

2) you are entitled to think that this is Modi making a mistake like CAA or Farm laws. But as AGupta suggested in an earlier post. Modi conceded the ground to an internal pressure . Not external pressure.

This is fundamentally a different situation.
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

hnair wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:37
skumar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:23 If you see it as a fetish, so be it. You will see more messages from me on this, so deal with it.

skumar, please use your personal social media profile for such messages. Thanks
Do you mean to say that merely saying that the PM should address Parliament on this issue is a no-go on this forum?

A fellow poster can say it is a fetish and that is OK but I cannot counter.

If you see my previous posts, you will see where I generally stand wrt PM Modi.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

I don't think the situations (Farmers agitation and Falsdu's allegations) are comparable. Also, it may have been a tactical retreat that is not a big deal in tge grand scheme. This situation has to be dealt with finesse as we are also sending a messafe to any wannabee two bit actors.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Tanner Sithigarn Fox, one of the two persons who shot Ripudaman Singh Malik, was released on bail after his arrest in 2022. This is a guy who has an extensive criminal record, he stabbed someone with a knife (non-fatal). He was re-arrested in May 2023 for an earlier killing. I'm sure he is out on bail again. As the comments in the news article: "Thanks to the Liberal Bail Reform Act. Way to go Justin.", and "So...released on bail so he could kill again. How very Canadian."

The court system case locator says there is a gag order on the case.

Same with Jose Rafael Lopez, the other accused.

This kind of thing. The only two court dates I see are July 27, 2022 when they were arrested and Sept 5, 2023, preliminary inquiry.

Code: Select all

Ban Type          Order Date   Act.  Section.   Sub-Section  Description
Publication.      27Jul2022   CCC  517     (1)               Ban on Publication ordered (JIR Hearing)
Publication.      05Sep2023   CCC. 539     (1)               Ban on Publication ordered (Preliminary Inquiry)
'
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Najunamar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:58 I don't think the situations (Farmers agitation and Falsdu's allegations) are comparable. Also, it may have been a tactical retreat that is not a big deal in tge grand scheme. This situation has to be dealt with finesse as we are also sending a messafe to any wannabee two bit actors.
That is a different POV and that is fine.

Nothing is going to happen because I say it or someone else says it.

We have a chance to put Canada on the mat. I believe that GoI heard the sigint insinuation from Justinder earlier, knew it was faulty and dismissed it (no indication on what actually happened). I also believe that Justinder himself may have been given a threat from the NDP, so his noose was very much being strung one way or the other.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

IMO a clear message has been conveyed to the Indian-origin community in Canada - if you want to keep ties with India then don’t be sheep who vote for the Liberal or NDP candidate because “leaders” like Nijjar tell you so. Otherwise you could find yourself barred from visiting India indefinitely.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

SKumar,

On hindsight, my choice of the word fetish WRT, the topic appears to be addressed directly to you.

But i wanted to use that word as a general descriptor for the mindset of people who demand that PM speak to the parliament on every topic under the sun.

I am opposed to PM making any comments to parliament for a matter that is open.

Because, such a statement in the parliament removes from the government any flexibility in dealing with a dynamic situation.

Hope that this clarifies the situation.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

skumar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:45 Do you mean to say that merely saying that the PM should address Parliament on this issue is a no-go on this forum?
Yes. You are not “merely saying”, but demanding things off the PM. Trudeau is being dealt with at the appropriate levels (for now) by GOI and admins don’t want to deal with you continuing your demands. Please use your social media handle for that.

No more on this
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Can I ask all: Why all facts are not being put out by Turd??
Is there an angle of Drug smuggling and Gang Land type war there that's ending up as these hit jobs
Few decades ago all Pak families returning back from Shitland had to undergo All orifice Checks and baggage checks to rule out carrying 'Medicine' of the white powder kind
Punjab has been turned into drop-zone by Napaks
And if we carefully look into Manipur issues there is this 'White Powder' at the centre!!
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote: 25 Sep 2023 09:14 IMO a clear message has been conveyed to the Indian-origin community in Canada - if you want to keep ties with India then don’t be sheep who vote for the Liberal or NDP candidate because “leaders” like Nijjar tell you so. Otherwise you could find yourself barred from visiting India indefinitely.
Right.

Hope this is the moment when Mother India serves notice to its NRI children that they need to grow up, and stop being ungrateful brats who think they have outgrown their mother and can kick her about without any consequences, and Ma Bharati will just take the abuse with a sad indulgent smile.

BRFites know the behavior I mean: step outside the country, earn a little paisa, and lose no time in badmouthing the motherland. I have personally seen this behavior from Khalistanis, but it’s a widespread NRI trait. Khalistanis have just taken it to a dehumanizing murderous extreme.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

What facts are there to release?

First 24 hours post Trudeau's speach in the parliament was the time to release any available information of any Indian complicity (credible , potential, alleged, otherwise, or of white powder kind).

Now, anything that Canadians will share will be laughed at by India and people with more than 2 brain cells.

This was Trudeau being a paki in more than one way.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

skumar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 09:10
Najunamar wrote: 25 Sep 2023 08:58 I don't think the situations (Farmers agitation and Falsdu's allegations) are comparable. Also, it may have been a tactical retreat that is not a big deal in tge grand scheme. This situation has to be dealt with finesse as we are also sending a messafe to any wannabee two bit actors.
That is a different POV and that is fine.

Nothing is going to happen because I say it or someone else says it.

We have a chance to put Canada on the mat. I believe that GoI heard the sigint insinuation from Justinder earlier, knew it was faulty and dismissed it (no indication on what actually happened). I also believe that Justinder himself may have been given a threat from the NDP, so his noose was very much being strung one way or the other.
skumar Ji, PM, should not waste Parliamentary bandwidth on allegations thrown by people in another country's parliament. He cannot respond when the allegations are heard from the Media. He responded to Canadian Pappu when he met. If other parliamentarians ask for an explanation, he can respond. In this case, the opposition has not demanded such an explanation. Also, the PM does not monitor insinuations that come from newsrooms and press briefings. He does not have the time. He gets intelligence briefings, and even there, things get filtered out to the most important things he should act on. In this case, NSA Doval would have told him what happened and advised him what he should do. He might have spoken a few words with the EAM and HM, and then collective action is taken. That is pretty much it. PM has much larger fish to fry than just responding to all the Pappus of the world. It might be a serious thing for Pappu but it is not for a large state's leader like our PM.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

My take is that the PM will speak on this, at a time and place of his choosing.
The opposition won't because Bharat is going after glorifiers of Indira's killers and putting the gora system on notice. Some thing that they should have but can never dare to do.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA

Let's face it: The role of U.S. intelligence in emboldening Trudeau to pick a geopolitical fight with India could have a bearing on the direction of U.S.-India ties, not least by reinforcing India's imperative for strategic autonomy. The task of building mutual trust now becomes harder.

Less clear is what Ottawa and Washington have sought to achieve against India through allegations arising from the murky world of espionage, where the line between information and disinformation is easily blurred. With neither Ottawa nor Washington willing to present any video, audio or forensic evidence in support, can vague, unsubstantiated allegations about a "potential" India link to a terrorist's killing serve any purpose, other than to make New Delhi rethink its nascent foreign-policy tilt toward the West?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

"Credible Allegations is an oxymoron"
Strongest denial of involvement by India, though by unnamed officials.
Lot more info in the video.

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 914278.cms

A slow climbe down from the high horse begins...