Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
williams
BRFite

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by williams »

Sachin wrote: 27 Sep 2023 19:41
nandakumar wrote:among other things, that a OCI card confers, is an act of infringement of 'right to liberty' guaranteed under Article 21
In that case even verification and withholding of passport becomes a violation of Article 21. For every fundamental right, there are also reasonable restrictions. An OCI Card is just a multiple entry VISA for people who have been once Indian citizens. If the judiciary feels denying OCI card is against Article 21, then why should India even have VISAs? We will have open borders as 'right of liberty' is guaranteed for all and sundry.
Yagnasri wrote:Delhi High Court and its orders in the Ashok Swain case only asked GoI to provide reasons for the same.
My understanding is even Passport is a privilege, given to Indian citizens after due diligence.
If the OCI card is revoked by the agencies, an application can be filed under Section 15 of the Citizenship Act before the Ministry of Home Affairs. If the application has been rejected, a petition can be filed before the High Court.

In the case of Dr Christo Thomas Philip v. Union Of India (2019), the OCI card of the petitioner was canceled on the ground that he was involved in missionary activities in India. The petitioner contended that the allegations are arbitrary and are not based on any evidence and that the order canceling his OCI card should be set aside. The court held that Overseas Citizens of India are entitled to protection under Article 14 and Article 19 of the Constitution of India. It nullified the cancellation of his OCI card and directed the authorities to restore the same. The authorities were also directed to ensure that the petitioner faces no hindrance when entering India.

So still agencies need to have good evidence to cancel OCI. It is not that easy. However, for known terrorists, this should be easy peasy.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I think this is one law that needs to be amended, where OCI can be revoked on a lower bar.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.opindia.com/2023/09/bihar-g ... policemen/
I am not the son of a fodder thief, I will not bow down’: Another case registered against Manish Kashyap, Bihar govt suspends 5 policemen
A new case has been registered against YouTuber Manish Kashyap, who has been languishing in jail since May this year, after a video of him lashing out at the Bihar administration and Deputy CM Tejashwi Yadav had gone viral on the internet.

How can we have faith in the system of. Brown British samraj of I.N.D.I scam alliance and. British courts/sepoy judges?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Not a privilege as such. But reasonable safeguards etc. can be imposed.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Yagnasri wrote: 27 Sep 2023 17:10 OIC giving, not giving or taking away etc are in the preview of the executive. Personal liberty, etc., do not enter here. Delhi High Court and its orders in the Ashok Swain case only asked GoI to provide reasons for the same. That is all. There are many ways to do it, and I am sure GoI knows how to do it.
@Yagnasri gaaru, thanks for clearing that up. This Swani fellow has enough tweet history to never let him enter India ever again. There may be more elsewhere that Indian intelligence agencies know about.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

here is an excerpt from the ministry of external affairs(India) website:

https://www.mea.gov.in/overseas-citizen ... scheme.htm

Cancellation of registration as overseas citizen of India
The Central Government may, by order, cancel the registration granted under sub-section(1) of section 7A if it is satisfied that

the registration as an overseas citizen of India was obtained by means of fraud, false representation or the concealment of any material fact.
the overseas citizen of India has shown disaffection towards the Constitution of India as by law established.
the overseas citizen of India has, during any war in which India may bee engaged, unlawfully traded or communicated with an enemy or been engaged in, or associated with, any business or commercial activity that was to his knowledge carried on in such manner as to assist an enemy in that war.
the overseas citizen of India has, within five years after registration under sub-section(1) of section 7A has been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of not less than two years.
it is necessary so to do in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of India, friendly relations of India with any foreign country, or in the interests of the general public.

I think those two are enough reasons to block out an OCI.

https://www.mea.gov.in/images/pdf/extra ... ct1955.pdf
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

bharathp wrote: 28 Sep 2023 07:35 here is an excerpt from the ministry of external affairs(India) website:

https://www.mea.gov.in/overseas-citizen ... scheme.htm

Cancellation of registration as overseas citizen of India
The Central Government may, by order, cancel the registration granted under sub-section(1) of section 7A if it is satisfied that

the registration as an overseas citizen of India was obtained by means of fraud, false representation or the concealment of any material fact.
the overseas citizen of India has shown disaffection towards the Constitution of India as by law established.
the overseas citizen of India has, during any war in which India may bee engaged, unlawfully traded or communicated with an enemy or been engaged in, or associated with, any business or commercial activity that was to his knowledge carried on in such manner as to assist an enemy in that war.
the overseas citizen of India has, within five years after registration under sub-section(1) of section 7A has been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of not less than two years.
it is necessary so to do in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of India, friendly relations of India with any foreign country, or in the interests of the general public.

I think those two are enough reasons to block out an OCI.

https://www.mea.gov.in/images/pdf/extra ... ct1955.pdf
:D :D :D
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

"Public good" is whatever GoI say it is. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Swain is pork
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I have not really understood why people like this are so full of hate against India.

Every thing they have accomplished is a result of education and opportunities provided to them by same Indian state these people abuse day in and day out.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Yagnasri wrote: 28 Sep 2023 08:46 "Public good" is whatever GoI say it is. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

there goes the "unfettered" right to enter India

now blacklist the $wine's passport
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Pratyush wrote: 28 Sep 2023 09:47 I have not really understood why people like this are so full of hate against India.

Every thing they have accomplished is a result of education and opportunities provided to them by same Indian state these people abuse day in and day out.
Singing for their supper. He is in a Scandanavian country -- these countries are known for Christian evangelical operations worldwide (hence Norway appointing itself as "mediator" in Sri Lanka b/w LTTE and Govt). Whites are sponsoring and propping up these kind of mercenary Indians. They are given worthless jobs ("professor of peace and conflict studies" or "Facilitator of Interfaith Dialogue," etc.) and then told to target India day in and day out. Their job is contingent on their performance in abusing India at international fora. These are the type of ugly, mercenary Indians with Hindu names (like that bald sidekick of fact checker Zubair) that were in ancient times were casted out of Hindu society as unfit for cohabitation with other Hindus
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

williams wrote:If the OCI card is revoked by the agencies, an application can be filed under Section 15 of the Citizenship Act before the Ministry of Home Affairs. If the application has been rejected, a petition can be filed before the High Court.
Thanks for the detailed explanatanion. I checked Sec 15 of Indian Citizenship Act. It says that a person aggreived by an order issued under this Act can appeal to central government within 30 days. But clause (2) of the Section also says that "On receipt of any such application under sub-section (1), the Central Government shall, after considering the application of the aggrieved person and any report thereon which the officer or authority making the order may submit, make such order in relation to the application as it deems fit, and the decision of the Central Government shall be final."

The real trouble maker is the Sec 7A of Indian Citizenship Act , which was added much later. This gives an impression that OCI holders are like naturalized citizens of India. How ever later in this section, it is also mentioned - "The Central Government has specified the following rights to which the persons registered as Overseas Citizens of India under section 7A of the Act shall be entitled, namely:- (a) grant of multiple entry lifelong visa for visiting India for any purpose; (b) exemption from registration with Foreign Regional Registration Officer or Foreign Registration Officer for any length of stay in India; and (c) parity with Non-Resident Indians in respect of all facilities available to them in economic, financial and educational fields except in matters relating to the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties ". OCI Card is basically a multi-entry lifelong VISA.

Can foreign citizens approach High Courts in India if their VISAs get rejected? If yes, OCI holder can also use that. But other wise, it is a case of an Indian court trying to take up a case filed by non-citizens or foreign nationals. And this can be misused.
Pratyush wrote:Every thing they have accomplished is a result of education and opportunities provided to them by same Indian state these people abuse day in and day out.
Deep rooted inferiority complex, which only gets amplified when they get education. The inferiority complex then moves onto sense of entitlement, and once they don't get things they expect to be given, they leave the country and start abusing India. Certain mindsets do not change by any form of education.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I'm in Paris and can help this distraught couple. Not sure how I can reach out to them.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

If anyone here has their email or phone let me know, I'll try to help.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Cyrano wrote: 28 Sep 2023 16:34
I'm in Paris and can help this distraught couple. Not sure how I can reach out to them.
This guy has a serious tiff with her. He and his fans have done this before also in 2021 when she did a couple of videos exposing flaws in a Happiness Report he did on India.
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

Cyrano wrote: 28 Sep 2023 17:24 If anyone here has their email or phone let me know, I'll try to help.
Karolina Goswami (indiaindetails@gmail.com). Cyrano Ji - please help if you can. TIA!
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Done
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Thank you Cyranoji.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cyrano wrote: 28 Sep 2023 21:17Done
Thanks, their YouTube is pro India. Never I have seen them even remotely talking politics...
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

There is nothing a-political these days saar.

For the moment, I just sent a mail offering to help and contact info. Haven't heard back yet. Perhaps they are already on their way home to India. Hope all is fine with them.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Watched VaccineWar last night. Fantastic movie! Really drives home following points:
1. The pandemic was nothing short of a war. It was a bio-economic war imposed on countries including India.
2. Frontline healthworkers going above and beyond, in face of hostile environment around them, in war-like scenario equalizing them to defense force soldiers/army personnel.
3. Some of the best scientists working in Bharat, and yet they are so underfunded for basic needs, such as not being able to pay the excess baggage fee at the airport for helping out stranded desh vaasis in Quom.
4. Last but not least, the role of extremely hostile media undermining India's effort in vaccinating the population by downgrading the quality of Covaxin, creating vaccine hesitancy, and above all - being stooges to western pharma.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

In the OCI discussion, that I nearly missed, I would like to add a few points. I received my OCI a couple of years ago. To get it, I had to officially renounce my Indian nationality by signing on an Indian Consulate form. I was mentally not wanting to do this and was avoiding it. But to get a unlimited visa to India, and be able to stay on for extended periods, I had to bite the bullet. Now, every one with an OCI must have officially renounced their Indian citizenship, no OCI holder is an Indian anymore. So, I can not understand how an Indian court has jurisdiction over a visa given to a foreigner. This must be at the discretion of GOI through the MEA. The second point is that if you were with the military, or Police, you are not eligible to get OCI. I am sure this includes FBI, CIA and other intelligence organizations. If this is acceptable by law, GOI can add other organizations such as Khalistanis or KGB or MI5. Once OCI is given and GOI comes to know that you were in the US military (or any other similar organization) at a later date, the OCI can be cancelled on the basis of misrepresentation. Lastly, the OCI has nothing to do with Indian citizenship. It is only a permanent visa to India, its name should be changed as the name OCI is quite misleading.
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Congress spokesperson @NayakRagini training MP Congress on how to play caste card and make excuse of why Congress is not giving tickets to 33% women.

She forgot to switch of mike.

Watch and take a listen
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Gautamji,

The term “citizen” being used in OCI is due to a constitutional amendment and its not a term of convenience. It is not just a life long visa but a provision that grants “parity with non resident Indians in respect of all facilities” with the exceptions laid down in the citizenship act. This facility is not what any visa provides and is a significant benefit.

Having said that there is a whole section on exceptions and conditions under which it can be cancelled including a vague one such as showing “disaffection to Constitution of India”. The Parliament was quite clear in its objectives when it drafted the act, it is just that hizzoners at the behest of BIF are up to the usual mischief…
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

Congress Outside Congress: Over 50 Organizations Unite In Support of INDI Alliance; Strategic Focus On 100-150 Lok Sabha Seats

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/congre ... abha-seats
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In other news, RaGa promises to introduce Caste census to find out the number of OBC.
Looks like Congress knows only one thing: How to divide to rule!
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Shanmukh wrote: 18 Sep 2023 06:11

BJP lost 3-5% votes in all their strongholds [north Karnataka, central Karnataka and coastal Karnataka], but not sure this is due to Lingayat votes mass shifting. This is standard for Karnataka - anti-incumbency causes 3-5% votes shifting the other way. As I see, there was no mass shifting of Lingayat votes at all. But your point about Modi being popular and getting back some vote is true, and I have accounted for it by giving BJP ~10% higher votes in Lok Sabha. I don't think Modi will get more than an additional 1 lakh votes in any constituency in Karnataka.
Shanmukh Saar,
many thanks for crunching the numbers for the Karnataka elections, but beyond the numbers have you considered this line of thought. The congress was hugely unpopular in 2018 Vidhan Sabha elections and were voted out of power, The BJP just missed the magic mark and the Congress formed the govt with JDS (both of which had no business being in power). This was compounded by the fact that congress pretty much pulled the strings in the governance issues and with HD Kumaraswamy also saying the same (whether it was to placate his voting base or push the blame on Congress is unclear).

The BJP got a boost with the balakot strike as well. but in the current 2023 Karnatak elections the Congress has got a decisive mandate and the people are not angry at them (atleast not yet). they seemed to have learnt from their mistakes and are keen to run their poll promises atleast till the 2024 elections (are we still betting that a section of people will come back and vote for the BJP in 2024 when there is no strong anger against the congress due to the implementation of the poll promises)
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

The simple explanation is the inability of Hindus to see the larger picture and their mindless addiction to all anti-Hindu forces in India (which manifested in their choosing anti-Hindu Gandhi over pro-Hindu Savarkar). This is in sharp contrast to Muslims and Christians who would any day choose a corrupt co-religionist over the white-as-snow honest Hindu even if he promises to deliver them the moon. That is why Muslims and Xians keep winning from Hindu majority areas, but not a single Hindu will win from minority dominated areas.

As Savarkar said, the biggest weakness of Hindus is their lack of "Shatrubodh" -- lack of awareness of who is the enemy. (Who will you fight if you cannot even think who is your enemy?) Hence, they beat drums about all faiths lead to the same god, sarva dharma sambhav, blah blah even as others wait to cut their throats. And their arguments like "What is the difference between BJP and Congress? Everybody is the same."
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rajkumar wrote: 30 Sep 2023 20:29 Congress Outside Congress: Over 50 Organizations Unite In Support of INDI Alliance; Strategic Focus On 100-150 Lok Sabha Seats

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/congre ... abha-seats

rajkumar ji,

The BIF has realized that the dotty alliance will not accede to the die nastie or will they even cede the leadership of the alliance to them.

The mafia rani had to forcefully step in after the humorously cloaked humiliation meted out to the princeling by luloo during the patna meeting went viral.

To all subsequent meetings, mummy was conspicuous by her presence and very protective of her mentally stunted and politically retarded cub and has tried to claim the leadership of the alliance but even that does nor seem to have worked.

This new "Congress Outside Congress" is the latest BIF toolkit to create the façade of a mass following and set the narrative that pappu is the real deal onlee and hence the unquestioned contender to oppose Modi in 2024.

sounds kind of desperate, seeing the rotten quality of the basic product that the BIF have to work with.

The dotty alliance will initially restrict and finally choke off the number of seats that the congis are desperate to contest from by denying them access to the required numbers during the "seat" sharing talks.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I think this coc morons will work with BIF, jihadis and deep state to.put pressure on alliance partners
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote: 01 Oct 2023 17:03 I think this coc morons will work with BIF, jihadis and deep state to.put pressure on alliance partners

vijay ji,

this yogenrdra yadav creep has been, for many years now, desperately trying to leverage himself into the parliament, by cozying up to various politicos and their dubious causes. He was all over the farmer's agitation, pappu's yatra (stuck to him like a leech) from start to finish.

He once again sees another opportunity for himself in this "coc" venture. he is the slimiest of the urban naxals, bar none

The "coc" are an alternate to the to the dotty alliance and their only play is to throw money around and pocket a great deal of it for themselves, while the going is good

there is a reason that even khujliwal got rid of him
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

BSP to maintain 'complete distance' from NDA and INDIA bloc: Mayawati
Will this policy help BJP in the long run? As it is I.N.D.I.A partners Congress and DMK have issues in KA. And also Kamal Nath was not very keen on having the Stalin gang in the election campaign in MP.

Mean while in Delhi. I liked this idea. Would be fun watching the Dumeels reacting to this. :lol:.
Delhi Ramleela Committees To Burn Effigies Of Those Against Sanatana Dharma
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Can I ask about the implications of Caste Census
Is this a preamble to increase reservation??
The population of OBC/EBC amounts to more than 50% of population yet OBC reservation is only?? 27%
SC/ST reservation is about??? 23%
No one is going to reduce SC/ST reservations nor increase overall reservations given milord diktat
So what gives??
Why then the caste census??
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

SRajesh wrote: 02 Oct 2023 20:25 Can I ask about the implications of Caste Census
Is this a preamble to increase reservation??
The population of OBC/EBC amounts to more than 50% of population yet OBC reservation is only?? 27%
SC/ST reservation is about??? 23%
No one is going to reduce SC/ST reservations nor increase overall reservations given milord diktat
So what gives??
Why then the caste census??
To build a narrative of victimhood. They will demand to increase % of reservation. Nitish & lalu will ask for reservation in pvt sector ( only problem is they don’t exist in Bihar)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

They want this to become dividing issue in 2024. That's whole strategy Pappu finalized in Europe and US
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Entire strategy of Pappu -- the name INDIA, the caste census, what to say, what to attack, who to tie-up with -- is being made by Whites. This is a party of traitors and white bootlickers.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

TDP joining hands with Congress again ?

TDP needs to find a leader & saviour
The most significant fallout of Chandrababu Naidu’s woes is on the TDP’s future. The party, since its inception, had been under the late NTR till 1995 when his son-in-law Naidu dethroned him. He has run the party without a challenger to speak of, to his leadership. He didn’t nurture an effective second-rung leadership either.

With him behind bars and a cloud of uncertainty hanging over his freedom, the TDP suddenly finds itself without a strong leader. Such is its plight that it is counting on the oratorical skills of actor and Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan to take the fight to the ruling YSRC. In the absence of spontaneous public sympathy, how does the TDP intend to face this evident existential crisis, too, with elections just seven months away ? One can never discount Naidu, but the present circumstances are unprecedented. After the 2019 elections, he had tried his best to patch up with the BJP in vain.

The irony is that State BJP chief Purandeswari is none other than his wife Bhuvaneswari’s sister. Though their political history is riddled with differences, normally, one would have expected more than just lip sympathy. However, going by Purandeswari’s own words, she and the BJP state unit will abide by the party ‘high command,’ which has been maintaining a deafening silence.

Nara Lokesh, Naidu’s son, has been in Delhi for quite some time, holding consultations with senior advocates to get relief for his father in the Supreme Court. He has also been trying to mobilise support for his father in Delhi. Though leaders including Mamata Banerjee have condemned the manner of Naidu’s arrest, they have not been very vocal.

Sources informed this correspondent that Lokesh did try for an appointment with the BJP top brass, including Home Minister Amit Shah, only to be disappointed. There is an increasing belief, despite denials from BJP leaders, that the party could be shooting at Naidu from YSRC chief and Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s shoulders. In the absence of strong evidence, we cannot confirm for sure, but even TDP leaders appear to be coming round to the same view.

Naidu has always struck alliances to win elections and has won whenever he had a tie-up with the BJP. In 2019, his somersault towards Congress was a historic blunder. Now, who will Naidu align with in these difficult circumstances ? Leaders whisper that the BJP is likely to seek 10-12 Lok Sabha seats and at least 50 Assembly seats for an electoral alliance.

That would be fatal, a few insiders informed on condition of anonymity, because, if BJP-Jana Sena walks away with a huge chunk, they are more than likely to lose most of the seats. Instead, they opined that an alliance with Jana Sena alone would be much better. It makes logical sense. Besides, given the BJP’s silence at this juncture, it is not Naidu’s friend in need. Nor can it be relied upon in the future — with cases piled on Naidu — and going by what it has done in other states.

The only alternative left for Naidu and his party is to once again shake hands with the Congress. It is indeed a great irony that the TDP, which was formed to essentially fight the Congress, may now have no other option but the grand old party.

It is reliably learnt that Lokesh has sought an appointment with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi. Before his arrest, Naidu too is learnt to have spoken to Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar. But, it seems Rahul is in no hurry to play the saviour since Telangana matters more to his party. Any alliance with Naidu might not help in Telangana as we saw in the 2018 elections. But then, if the Congress believes Naidu’s arrest has generated sympathy in Telangana, things may change. It appears unlikely though.

That leaves Naidu without support from either of the two poles in national politics. The only way he can save his party is by galvanizing its cadre and quickly filling the gap in leadership. Lokesh doesn’t yet have it in him as he is still a leader in the making. Leaning heavily on Pawan may backfire anytime. One way or the other, we cannot but conclude that the Naidu era in TDP is coming to a close. The party needs to find a new leader. Lokesh’s wife Brahmani could keep the party flock together. Whether she, with adequate help from party leaders, will be able to deliver is not guaranteed. But that seems to be the only way forward.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/zahacktanvir/status ... 0520499372
A well-engineered strategy to cause Train🚆 accidents in #India 🇮🇳 by causing derailment of the newly launched Udaipur-Jaipur #VandeBharatExpress.

It’s clear that certain countries and NGOs are financing these non-state actors to cause accidents, so that Indian Govt. can be blamed for the mismanagement of railway system.
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

This caste census attack by INDI alliance seems to be premediated decision at the alliance level.
But i take it a s litmus test. As a country if we need to be a power to reckon with, we need to prove ourselves the worth.

If this caste thing makes the INDI alliance to win, we must accept that as a country failed to get united when provoked. It's not a test for BJP anymore.