India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: India - Canada - News and Discussion. (2018)

Post by sanman »

0:04 - "We have Top Men working on it"

"Top. Men."

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Better one
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Dated (from ~1999), but relevant given when Nijjar entered Canada.

Is Canada a Safe Haven for Terrorists
.I think many countries look upon Canada as being a welcoming country for terrorists, war criminals and so on. I don't think it is a deliberate policy on the part of Canada. I think it is the result of a series of shortcomings in the system
So basically, if you are caught with a false document, you can simply say, "I claim refugee status because I was persecuted," or "I am in danger of persecution and the only way I can get out of my country is with a false passport."
Is Canada generally becoming a safe haven for terrorists?

I think there is a dire risk that is happening. We are already playing a significant role in international terrorism funding. We have 50 terrorist organizations of a variety of descriptions here, and a good number of those are the so-called the world class ones. So I think that we can no longer afford to be naïve, and we need to see the political will to take some more control of the situation.
This part may explain why the current Canadian immigration minister was confused about when (and if?) Nijjar obtained Canadian citizenship. It seems straightforward to get a fake passport from Canada.
What do you make of how easy it was for Ahmed Ressam to get himself a new passport?

I think that's a shocker, by any description -- the idea that you could have people showing up at a Foreign Affairs office and submitting a passport application on behalf of somebody else, especially someone with the history of Ressam. It's quite an astonishing thing, and what's more astonishing is that at the end of the processing, the same sort of procedure was followed and a complete passport was then handed over to a "cut out," to somebody representing Ressam. It's quite amazing, and goes beyond that ... questions to the documentation that were used to justify the application in the first place. How you can rely on church certificates that may or may not be possible to review credibly? It's not of this world.
Plus this part. Possibly only original birth certificates from Canada can be trusted. Their pathway to citizenship is riddled with more holes than sponge.
When Ahmed Ressam comes in and says, "I was accused of terrorism and arms trafficking," and he says he was innocent ... shouldn't that ring some alarm bells?

The first assumption in what we consider to be a fair system is that you take the word of the claimant. If he says, "I was accused of being involved in arms trafficking," that doesn't carry any weight. What carries weight is his statement that "I was innocent and they were persecuting me. They tortured me," or whatever. The weight of evidence is always his side of it, not what he was accused of....
Last edited by vera_k on 05 Oct 2023 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

very "interesting" snippets !! ..Trudeau as part of the khali gang !
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

If popular opinion is to be believed, a lot of truck drivers in Canada are immigrant sikhs. The mis-governance of turdeau led to truckers protests, and he responded with emergency measures and freezing all their bank accounts. So it is very likely that the Sikh population was highly anti-trudeau and now, this baseless attack on India is a way to make amends for that and curry favour once again with Hagmeet and his followers. There are multiple reasons why turdeau had a bout of diarrhoea in their parliament.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

US ambassador Eric Garcetti alerted team amid India-Canada row, 'reduce contact': Report
Oct 05, 2023 01:59 PM IST

A Politico report claimed that US ambassador to India Eric Garcetti told his team that India-US ties may get ‘worse for a time’ because of Canada row.
About 10 hours later, US Embassy in India "dismisses this report".
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

And living up to his reputation of being the Canadian Pappu, Falsedu has been roiled in another controversial viral video showing him winking and sticking his tongue out…
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Najunamar wrote: 05 Oct 2023 20:49 And living up to his reputation of being the Canadian Pappu, Falsedu has been roiled in another controversial viral video showing him winking and sticking his tongue out…

Najunamar ji,

didn't the eyetaalian pappu do something similar in parliament
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

NRao wrote: 05 Oct 2023 20:38 US ambassador Eric Garcetti alerted team amid India-Canada row, 'reduce contact': Report
Oct 05, 2023 01:59 PM IST

A Politico report claimed that US ambassador to India Eric Garcetti told his team that India-US ties may get ‘worse for a time’ because of Canada row.
About 10 hours later, US Embassy in India "dismisses this report".
Gar Chetty of Western Chettinad, has been too active in Tamilnadu state.
Not to mention Manipur.
And MEA might seek consular staff parity with all countries.
The estimate is US consular staff is like Canadian staff. That is 3 to 4 times the Indian staff.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Trudeau is the Pandora who unleashes the evils from the box:

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Why won’t Jagmeet Singh bring down Trudeau government? Here’s 2.3 million reasons

Will grifter Jagmeet hang around long enough to get a fat pension, and then quickly run away into wealthy retirement?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

sanman wrote: 06 Oct 2023 03:04 Trudeau is the Pandora who unleashes the evils from the box:
0:04 now when there is war there is
0:06 collateral damage

:rotfl:

I do not think these yahoos know what will hit them.
ramana wrote: 05 Oct 2023 20:57 Gar Chetty of Western Chettinad, has been too active in Tamilnadu state.
Not to mention Manipur.
And MEA might seek consular staff parity with all countries.
The estimate is US consular staff is like Canadian staff. That is 3 to 4 times the Indian staff.
Ramana ji,

I do not think so, although I am not opposed to your post.

My feeling is that Modi has built a Chakravyuh. The Chakravyuh is a fluid state, a combination of plans hatched in the past 9 years + the intel gifted by the Framer's protests, Shaeenbag, Papu's trip to the LAC, etc. + the very generous gift by Justinder (the favorite son of Punjab). How long has the GoI waited to shut down the OCI route (from Canada) + take over property + havala .....? The plans for the Chakravyuh are being updated in real time.

Think about it. The time/effort by a PM of Canada + assorted US State Dept folks + a guest appearance by the PM of Australia + ....... Versus Arindam Bagchi + guest appearances from BD and SL!!!! If I had known about this ROI, I would have bet my entire savings.

The way I see it is that the Neocons, the Xibrigade, the Caliphate brigade, etc. are all being dismantled in very, very slow motion and dragged over white-hot coal.

I am hearing that this GoI has an extremely detailed document describing what is to be done IF PoK falls (it is part of the chakravyuh). Down to the Panchayat level (yes, in PoK). Hopefully we will see some components of it in the next few days. Smokeless wars.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I am sorry but how is your long post a disagreement to mine?
Its a parallel point.

I only deal with what I see. If you go back I never hazard a projection.
Seeking consular parity has lots of benefits.
It forces Canada to stick to its main diplomatic objectives: liaison with GOI and trade and commerce.

Did you know Canada has 4 offices to India's 3 offices?
The staff reduction could reduce the Chandigarh consulate to a skeleton crew if not shut down.
Would like to know when the Chandigarh Consulate was opened?

In October 2003 an existing office was upgraded.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 251753.cms
Shows they had plans for four offices for at least 20 years.

Now coming to Gar Chetty he did issue a notification and later retracted to reduce US embassy interaction to avoid blowback to the US from the Indo-Canada farcas.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Kukis and Khalistanis trying to join forces. Kuki activist makes speech at Nijjar's gurdwara in Surrey:

This Kuki separatist has gone out of his way to show up at Nijjar's gurdwara in Surrey, Canada, trying to make common cause with them. I'd like to treat all Northeasterners the same, but if I see someone from a particular side or faction making common cause with separatists & terrorists, then I'm much less inclined to feel any sympathy for them. Strong borders and zero illegal cross-border activity are fundamental to the security of any nation, and if Kukis can't reconcile themselves with that, then that's too bad for them.

RAW should have gone after smaller pricks like this guy first, before moving up to Khalistanis. Get rid of small-K first, before graduating to big-K. The number of protesters he'd be able to assemble in front of any embassy would be less than the fingers on one hand. They aren't enough of a Vote Bank for Justinder Trudeau to care or scream about.

And if Five Eyes want to warn Kuki separatists (who are pro-China agents anyway), then West can go ask Kuki navy to help them patrol South China Sea.

Since Khalistanis have been transferred to prisons in Northeast, then will Kukis be roped into launching attacks to liberate them? China would probably love that idea.

(And while I'm a lifelong atheist & rationalist, I feel that if Northeastern ricebag converts to dharmic faith like Sikhism, that would actually be a huge improvement. Would that make him a daal-bag?)
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/c ... 2023-10-06
Canada evacuates many diplomats from India amid 'deadline' from New Delhi: Report
Canada reportedly evacuated most of its diplomats in India and relocated them to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore after New Delhi asked Ottawa to reduce its diplomatic staff.
India Today Web Desk, New Delhi, Oct 6, 2023

The Canadian government has reportedly evacuated a majority of its diplomats in India after India reportedly asked the country to reduce reits diplomatic staff.
According to a report by Canada's CTV News, diplomats who were stationed outside New Delhi have been relocated to either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore amid the diplomatic dispute surrounding the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar.
Earlier this week, India asked Canada to withdraw approximately 40 diplomats by October 10, a London-based newspaper, Financial Times, reported. It stated that the Indian government has also threatened to strip the diplomatic immunity of any Canadian diplomats who remain in the country after the deadline.
On Thursday, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, Arindam Bagchi, stated that India has asked Canada to reduce diplomatic staff to "bring parity".
"Given the much higher diplomatic presence in India and their continuing interference in our internal affairs, we had sought parity in our respective diplomatic presence," Bagchi said.
The exact number of diplomats relocated from India now remains unclear.
"Earlier reports pegged the number of diplomats that would have to leave at 41, but the sources CTV News spoke with said the ask is specific to one of parity. A majority of the Canadian diplomats working in India outside of Delhi have been evacuated to either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore," the report by a private broadcaster in Canada said.
Gautam
Posting from Kolkata.
I am hoping that Justinder shows his testimonials by expelling equal number of Indian diplomats.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://sundayguardianlive.com/top-five ... nken-speak
The US refuses to oblige Trudeau after Jaishankar, Blinken speak
T BRAJESH, October 1, 2023, New Delhi

In a setback to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the United States is unwilling to continue to wade into the ongoing diplomatic row between India and Canada. Washington also shares New Delhi’s concerns about “the Indian diplomatic mission working amidst a climate of violence and an atmosphere of intimidation” in Canada. “After External Affairs Minister (EAM) S. Jaishankar’s meeting with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and NSA Jake Sullivan in Washington, the Biden administration is ‘convinced’ that Ottawa could not share any credible evidence with New Delhi to substantiate Trudeau’s claims of India’s hand in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Harjit Singh Nijjar,” a diplomatic source told The Sunday Guardian.
“In fact, Jaishankar, during the talks explained India’s position on developments in Canada quite convincingly and logically based on facts and figures. As a result, Blinken and the US NSA emerged from the meeting fully satisfied,” a source privy to the meetings in Washington told this newspaper. The tone and tenor of Blinken’s statement was completely changed even as he came out of the meeting. Talking to reporters, Blinken said, “The Canada row was discussed during a meeting with EAM Jaishankar. Those responsible need to be held accountable, and we hope that our friends in both Canada and India will work together to resolve this matter.” Notably, Blinken refrained from reiterating that “India should cooperate with the Canadian investigation”. This is the statement that Blinken has been making ever since the India-Canada diplomatic row erupted.
Gautam
Possible, yes. But difficult to believe.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

intelligence agents in large numbers at Canadian embassy

interference in internal matters

large numbers of visas granted to people from Punjab

Rackets involving immigration, drugs, terrorism
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Canada evacuates several diplomats from India ahead of October 10 deadline ordered by India.

Evacuated diplomats largely from Consulates outside Delhi, flown to Singapore & Malaysia, reports

https://www.livemint.com/news/nijjar-ki ... 29995.html

With India's demand to reduce the Canadian diplomatic staff in the national capital, Former Indian diplomat KP Fabian has said that parity has been brought in to put pressure on Canada.

While speaking to news agency ANI, he said, "What India has said is that there should be parity. There are 21 Indian diplomats in Canada and there are 62 Canadian diplomats in India. So parity means, 41 diplomats will have to leave India by October 10...otherwise the excess number, they will be declared persona non grata."

"In other words, in retaliation for Canada expelling 1 diplomat, India is planning to expel 42 diplomats. This is the essence of the picture. The disparity is not always applied. So, parity has been brought in to put pressure on Canada. It is possible that there is a way out," he further added.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

There will always be more surveillance on "diplomatic staff" in New Delhi for a variety of reasons :mrgreen:
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Staff presence "to grant visas" is not tenable. They can simplify visa procedures. They can vet applicants using local staff/remote workers back in Canada or wherever. They can avoid the interviews. They can do away with visas altogether (visa free since anyway they are admitting scum), or they can stop issuing visas. It is their choice and their problem how they issue visas with reduced staff.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

yensoy wrote: 06 Oct 2023 21:06 Staff presence "to grant visas" is not tenable. They can simplify visa procedures. They can vet applicants using local staff/remote workers back in Canada or wherever. They can avoid the interviews. They can do away with visas altogether (visa free since anyway they are admitting scum), or they can stop issuing visas. It is their choice and their problem how they issue visas with reduced staff.
Visa is against the basic human right to travel. Kaneda should abolish all visas and welcome everyone from around the world
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

"Evacuated' is too strong a word. It is not like these folks were facing a crisis like in Iran or some other country.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

ramana wrote: 06 Oct 2023 21:46 "Evacuated' is too strong a word. It is not like these folks were facing a crisis like in Iran or some other country.
That is the word used in Canadian Media - They want to give it back somehow but don't know how :rotfl:
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

g.sarkar wrote: 06 Oct 2023 19:54 https://sundayguardianlive.com/top-five ... nken-speak
The US refuses to oblige Trudeau after Jaishankar, Blinken speak
T BRAJESH, October 1, 2023, New Delhi

In a setback to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the United States is unwilling to continue to wade into the ongoing diplomatic row between India and Canada. Washington also shares New Delhi’s concerns about “the Indian diplomatic mission working amidst a climate of violence and an atmosphere of intimidation” in Canada. “After External Affairs Minister (EAM) S. Jaishankar’s meeting with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and NSA Jake Sullivan in Washington, the Biden administration is ‘convinced’ that Ottawa could not share any credible evidence with New Delhi to substantiate Trudeau’s claims of India’s hand in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Harjit Singh Nijjar,” a diplomatic source told The Sunday Guardian.
“In fact, Jaishankar, during the talks explained India’s position on developments in Canada quite convincingly and logically based on facts and figures. As a result, Blinken and the US NSA emerged from the meeting fully satisfied,” a source privy to the meetings in Washington told this newspaper. The tone and tenor of Blinken’s statement was completely changed even as he came out of the meeting. Talking to reporters, Blinken said, “The Canada row was discussed during a meeting with EAM Jaishankar. Those responsible need to be held accountable, and we hope that our friends in both Canada and India will work together to resolve this matter.” Notably, Blinken refrained from reiterating that “India should cooperate with the Canadian investigation”. This is the statement that Blinken has been making ever since the India-Canada diplomatic row erupted.
Gautam
Possible, yes. But difficult to believe.
Coming from Sunday Guardian means, Canada is toast. Khan is taking the "not my problem" approach. BTW same will happen when India confronts China. Never assume Khan's support for anything unless self-interests are involved.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Good,
Canada at least did not get its staff declared as persona non grata and get booted out like France did in Niger.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The next turn of the screw should be that GoI should prohibit government owned banks from issuing student loans to new students wanting to study in Canada citing fear of NPA due to heightened risk. Existing loans should continue.
N
The smarter way should be to create a “Education partner Country index” that would rank countries on suitability for education. Pakistan and Somalia would be last on such an index and parameters should be reasonably open. Govt Banks should be prevented from making student loans to countries below a limit. Canada would lie outside the bar …

That way there is less scope of criticism.

We should learn to play the western game…
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Surely if the main problem is the migration of the Khalistani crowd to Kaneda, the simplest thing to do is put an "exit security review" for all Indian nationals who are flying out with a Kanedian visa? Social Media review + local polis station reports, etc.

To be sure the aam aadmi going to study/earn in Kaneda does not post a threat. Only the folks who are already into Khalistan / susceptible to brainwashing are. Hence the "exit security review" would nail these elements. Basically "emigration to Kaneda" is a privilege not a right.

Also need to plug the hawala channels that bring in the slush funds for said endeavour.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

titash wrote: 07 Oct 2023 02:11 Surely if the main problem is the migration of the Khalistani crowd to Kaneda, the simplest thing to do is put an "exit security review" for all Indian nationals who are flying out with a Kanedian visa? Social Media review + local polis station reports, etc.

To be sure the aam aadmi going to study/earn in Kaneda does not post a threat. Only the folks who are already into Khalistan / susceptible to brainwashing are. Hence the "exit security review" would nail these elements. Basically "emigration to Kaneda" is a privilege not a right.

Also need to plug the hawala channels that bring in the slush funds for said endeavour.
Why not let those exit, exit permanently. No OCI cards . Screening for OCI cards should be made tougher for those fitting certain criteria !!
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

titash wrote: 07 Oct 2023 02:11 Surely if the main problem is the migration of the Khalistani crowd to Kaneda, the simplest thing to do is put an "exit security review" for all Indian nationals who are flying out with a Kanedian visa? Social Media review + local polis station reports, etc.
The issue is that Canada is providing cover for all kinds of miscreants who want to enter India to do harm. 26/11 Rana was a Canadian as well, and his case for extradition is still working its way though US courts.

Visa procedures need a relook and may need to be more like the first world.

1. Medical need visas - granted upon hospital or doctor's note.
2. Tourist visas - Proof of flight tickets plus funds.
3. OCI - Possibly require buying Indian bonds or deposit with SBI.

Both raise the cost and add some verification. Use the funds to build and staff more secure facilities for Indian diplomatic personnel in Canada.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

This is the government mouthpiece. Looks like these jokers do not understand what has hit them. It is almost like they learned from the Pakis to continue in their delusion.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

See the Canadian Foreign Minster Jolly spiked the punch by expelling an official based on 'credible allegations'.
Now she has 42 Canadian officials sent back.
And people want to teach Modiji lessons in Western diplomacy.
The next step will be to shut down the extra consulate in India.
Currently, India has three offices in Canada while Canada has four. Parity requires the number to be equal..
And if required India might close one of the offices too!
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

^^ India has a covenant with its people much like Israel and also China. The relationship is more than citizenship.

Sunny Leone the ***** performer understood this intuitively when she went to India, stating “it is my birthright”.

Proving again that truth comes from the mouths of harlots more often than of politicians, certainly KSikh politicians.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Guys,

Please don't use Sikh and Khalistanis in the same sentence.

:((

Even though I just did.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

While I agree with you, sir, the silence of the majority of the Sikhs and the clamour of the sikh politicos in Bharat and other nations to indirectly soft-peddle the terrorists is quite disturbing. SGPC has also been doing the same things for many years. Can this silence, indifference, soft-peddling and even justification be ignored when it has been going on for decades? If you are unwilling to confront the terror in your community, what will the people outside think?

While the community is furious about the 1984 riots, justifiably so, it has shown no public remorse for decades of targeted killings of Hindus by Khalis. It is, in fact, worse now that all the terrorists and terrorist leaders are portrayed as freedom fighters. Pubic abuse of Hindus is quite common. Caste supremacy is also now rampant.

There is something seriously wrong with how the community deals with Khali terrorists and other issues, and it needs to take a hard look within and address these evils.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »