Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
drnayar
BRFite

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by drnayar »

Day 2 of radio silence from the INC and I.N.D.I. Alliance on Israel.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Khalistani Jagmeet has a very different standard on Israel-Palestine:

https://twitter.com/theJagmeetSingh/sta ... 1277579461

Of course he does.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

He has experienced trauma and political injustice.

He doesn't look like a Hindu Panjabi.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

sanman wrote: 09 Oct 2023 04:03 Tom Friedman spouts off again:
https://dnyuz.com/2023/10/07/israels-worst-day-at-war/
Why so? I read through the article and I think it is the most comprehensive and balanced I have seen. I say this as no big fan of Friedman.
Cyrano wrote: 09 Oct 2023 00:58
drnayar wrote: 08 Oct 2023 23:57 Arab league chief in Moscow..likely to discuss the UNSC meet .. Russian veto on a pro Israeli move likely ?!
That would cause deep fissures in BRICS
Why so? China like India will certainly publicly denounce the terrorists. If Russians are smart, they will too, despite any backchannel alliance with Iran.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

must watch.

sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Eyewitness account of the Rave party massacre by Hamas
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... ss-account
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

sanman wrote: 09 Oct 2023 05:18 Who's more rabid against their prime minister -- Indian Lefty media or Israeli Lefty media?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/editori ... fd1c880000

Editorial | Netanyahu Bears Responsibility for This Israel-Gaza War

Soros' bank account must be plummeting right now, to pay for all this "emergency spin doctoring"
Haaretz is less left than Jerusalem post and generally supportive of the Govt. For them to have this headline implies Netanyhu has effed up
big time.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I am unsure if Palestinians understand that their genuine cause is jeopardized now. Israel has the license to take over Gaza and completely blockade the Gaza port and other portlets. None of the Arab states provided even token sympathy for the Israeli Civilian casualties or condemned the attack they are only asking for de-escalation. That is the nature of this hostility.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

"Like India, when Israel fights terror, our own media shames us!"
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Hamas attacked on the 50th Anniversary of the Yom Kippur war. It is deeply symbolic to Arabs - the first 2 days of the war was the only time the Arab armies displayed competence and had Israel spooked. Though this year, Yom Kippur was on 24-25th of Sept, the attack day was also a holiday, followed by the Jewish Sabbath, so reaction times were slower than normal. It was the one day Israeli intel and reaction teams should have been on max alert.

All the adult settlers near the Gaza strip (and West bank) who are there is violation of peace accords, are former military, who would have been mobilized the nest day if required, so Hamas may legitimately consider them non civilians.

I think the biggest thing the attacks have achieved is shattering the myth of an all powerful Israeli Intel and invincible military. It will probably have the same effect as the Tet offensive in the Vietnam war. Hamas knows they will lose 10 people (whom they will mostly call civilians) for every Israeli killed, but they will still win the propaganda war. Israel has already officially lost 700 people - the same as India (with 150 times more people) losing
100,000 people in 2 days. Having a General kidnapped (that too a former division commander responsible for Gaza and now commanding Special
forces) is a disgrace in any army, let alone the IDF.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

https://samf.substack.com/p/hamas-attacks-israel

Good read on the background to this. Reasonably balanced.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

drnayar wrote: 09 Oct 2023 05:23 Day 2 of radio silence from the INC and I.N.D.I. Alliance on Israel.

wishy washy, catchall, and meaningless vote bank pleaser of a "statement"

Not one word of "terrorist" or "terrorism"

the congis continue to show the palestinians as "victims", and they don't even have the guts to mention "who" brutally attacked the people of israel
Jairam Ramesh@Jairam_Ramesh

The Indian National Congress condemns the brutal attacks on the people of Israel. The Indian National Congress has always believed that the legitimate aspirations of the Palestinian people for a life of self-respect, equality and dignity must be fulfilled only through a process of dialogue and negotiations while ensuring the legitimate national security interests of the Israeli people. Violence of any type never provides a solution and must stop.

भारतीय राष्ट्रीय कांग्रेस इज़राइल के निर्दोष नागरिकों पर हुए क्रूर हमलों की कड़े शब्दों में निंदा करती है। भारतीय राष्ट्रीय कांग्रेस का सदैव मानना रहा है कि आत्म-सम्मान, समानता और गरिमा के जीवन के लिए फिलिस्तीनी लोगों की वैध आकांक्षाओं को इज़राइल के वैध राष्ट्रीय सुरक्षा हितों को सुनिश्चित करते हुए केवल बातचीत की प्रक्रिया के माध्यम से पूरा किया जाना चाहिए। किसी भी प्रकार की हिंसा कभी भी कोई समाधान नहीं दे सकती है और इसे रोकना चाहिए।

2:18 PM · Oct 8, 2023
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

NRao wrote: 09 Oct 2023 05:34 [youtube]V3rcOalI6AQ[/youtube
Billions spent on weaponry mean nothing when a war is fought with deception and tactics.
The invincibility of Western arms is laid to rest with both the wars going on.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Deans wrote: 09 Oct 2023 10:10 https://samf.substack.com/p/hamas-attacks-israel

Good read on the background to this. Reasonably balanced.

Now israel will rest only after erasing gaza from the world map.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Any word on Indian casualties?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA

This from an Indian journalist. I have no words. Read the 3rd paragraph.

Note the "malsi principles of modesty" in the last para.

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.opindia.com/2023/10/ex-indi ... k-killing/
Former Indian Express journalist Irena Akbar floats conspiracy theory, claims that deceased Shani Louk wore bikini and was not stripped by Hamas terrorists
OpIndia Staff, 8 October, 2023

A day after Hamas terrorists stripped a German woman and paraded her dead body on a pickup truck, former Indian Express ‘journalist‘ Irena Akbar came out in defence of the terrorists on Sunday (8th October) morning.
In a tweet, she wrote, “The woman, whose body was being taken in a pick-up truck, has been identified as Shani Louk, a German-Israeli dual citizen who was reportedly attending a music festival. First, this is NOT an etiquette of war in Islam to attack women, and hence this is condemnable.”
The ex-scribe put out a token condemnation over the death of Louk only because ‘attacking women during war’ is supposedly against the tenets of Islam. Then, she proceeded to suggest that the victim was not stripped as she was not ‘fully naked.’
“The woman is not fully naked, as parts of her upper & lower body are covered. If you check the Instagram account of Shani Louk (@shanukkk), you would see pictures she posted of herself wearing bikins or other skin-exposing outfits,” Irena Akbar brazened it out.
She claimed that the victim could have been ‘partially naked’ at the time of her killing and not necessarily stripped by Hamas terrorists. “It could be possible that when she was killed, she was wearing a bikini or other skin-exposing garment,” the former Indian Express ‘journalist’ said.
Gautam
It is always the fault of the victim.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

IMEC (India-MiddleEast-Europe Economic Corridor) is screwed, thanks to this Hamas 9-11 style attack.
Israeli-Saudi peace deal is also screwed.

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/wor ... 2023-10-08
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

g.sarkar wrote: 09 Oct 2023 12:54Former Indian Express journalist Irena Akbar floats conspiracy theory, claims that deceased Shani Louk wore bikini and was not stripped by Hamas terrorists
Gautam
It is always the fault of the victim.
As plausible as her theory is, this is the time when one should shut up and not try to defend even an iota of Hamas' actions. This should be obvious to anyone who calls himself/herself a "journalist". It doesn't matter how many disclaimers she includes in her verbiage. It's like the sentence "I am not a racist, but..." which can never end well.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

sanman wrote: 09 Oct 2023 12:59 IMEC (India-MiddleEast-Europe Economic Corridor) is screwed, thanks to this Hamas 9-11 style attack.

UAE is sitting this one out as predicted. They have come up with a statement that Hamas attack is a grave provocation. Saudi hasnt said anything in support either.

We need to wait until Israels Gaza actions near to completion to see if Ummah chumma happens or they leave Palestinians to their fate. And hence IMEC.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Yeah it's the victim's fault she got killed and her dead body trampled upon.

These people have gutter water running through their veins to write something like this.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Yensoyji,
She is faithful to the salt she has eaten. So she is unable to shut up as you suggest. This is what happens if you sell your soul to the Devil. There are many Indian journalists, I am afraid, that have accepted money/funding from harami sources and now pay the price, shutting up is no longer an option.
Gautam
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

It's not just money.

It's indroctination.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

I always wondered has any time Indian Muslims stood with Hindus just like how they stand with Palestine? did any Muslim or Muslim organization held any march/editorial supporting Hindus when Idi Amin kicked out Hindus? when Hindus were killed in Fuji had they stood with us?

on the other hand why Hindus do not write editorials asking the same about Indian Muslims? some blame even we need to take care.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Tragic - Dad gets family out of house thru roof, while holding off terrorists - then Dad dies

https://vimeo.com/872471250
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Tanaji wrote: 09 Oct 2023 14:36
sanman wrote: 09 Oct 2023 12:59 IMEC (India-MiddleEast-Europe Economic Corridor) is screwed, thanks to this Hamas 9-11 style attack.

UAE is sitting this one out as predicted. They have come up with a statement that Hamas attack is a grave provocation. Saudi hasnt said anything in support either.

We need to wait until Israels Gaza actions near to completion to see if Ummah chumma happens or they leave Palestinians to their fate. And hence IMEC.
Nothing concrete in the article apart from the some random thoughts from armchair anal-cysts.

UAE sees itself as the moderate , forward looking, invest-in-future type in the ME.
Saudi is following suit and has intentions of decoupling it from the oil economy. (Iran now calling Saudi's traitors to the Islamic cause after its overtures to Israel)

Even since Modi came to power, you are seeing a transformation of ME thought process - these guys are realizing that you cannot trust US and EU and want to invest and grow their economies and have independent supply chains, logitics and payment systems.

The Palestinian problem has, is and will be there. This isnt something new for SA and UAE. But business is business and each one to himself.

" IMEC is dead " is a little too dramatic .
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This whole thing

1. Puts focus away from Ukraine blunders
2. Destroys Biden 2024
3. Brings possibly Michelle to power
4. Helps G2 proposal of Ombaba to china

Why not we start there?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I have a video on WA, that I am unable to post here. In it an Israeli speaker, in excellent English, states that only a military power could have done what occurred. He mentions, among other topics, that various frequencies were jammed.

And, he blames Russia. Claims Russia is behind Hamas.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Neela wrote: 09 Oct 2023 15:30 Nothing concrete in the article apart from the some random thoughts from armchair anal-cysts.

UAE sees itself as the moderate , forward looking, invest-in-future type in the ME.
Saudi is following suit and has intentions of decoupling it from the oil economy. (Iran now calling Saudi's traitors to the Islamic cause after its overtures to Israel)

Even since Modi came to power, you are seeing a transformation of ME thought process - these guys are realizing that you cannot trust US and EU and want to invest and grow their economies and have independent supply chains, logitics and payment systems.

The Palestinian problem has, is and will be there. This isnt something new for SA and UAE. But business is business and each one to himself.

" IMEC is dead " is a little too dramatic .
Alright, so we can continue with IMEC -- even if Israel-Saudi link takes longer, rest of it can fall into place in meantime (both Tel Aviv & Riyadh are pragmatic)

vijayk wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:15 This whole thing

1. Puts focus away from Ukraine blunders
2. Destroys Biden 2024
3. Brings possibly Michelle to power
4. Helps G2 proposal of Ombaba to china

Why not we start there?
No - return of terrorist instability means US Right-wing benefits, not US Left-wingers. Who the hell is going to vote in Michelle O as some guarantor of national & international security?

I really don't think Michelle O could convince enough people she'll deliver on that. :roll:
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

NRao wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:30 I have a video on WA, that I am unable to post here. In it an Israeli speaker, in excellent English, states that only a military power could have done what occurred. He mentions, among other topics, that various frequencies were jammed.

What about Turkey ? And why not for obvious reasons, Iran ?.. does anyone think they are in the stone age ?

And if that was not enough what about america's own weapons send to ukraine.. the black market is flush with it
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

NRao wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:30 I have a video on WA, that I am unable to post here. In it an Israeli speaker, in excellent English, states that only a military power could have done what occurred. He mentions, among other topics, that various frequencies were jammed.

Hamas was originally promoted by Israel to counter the influence of the PLO. They eventually became far too strong for Israel to manage.
Hamas (which is Sunni) also fought on the side of the Anti Assad forces in Syria, so they also had a tacit understanding with the US.
A very strong Anti Israel feeling seems to have brought both Hezbollah (which is Shia) and Hamas together. If they and the militia owing
allegiance to the PLO in the West bank come together, this can get a lot more serious.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

drnayar wrote: 09 Oct 2023 10:51
NRao wrote: 09 Oct 2023 05:34 [youtube]V3rcOalI6AQ[/youtube
Billions spent on weaponry mean nothing when a war is fought with deception and tactics.
FYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVr88IYHow8
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Deans wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:47

Hamas was originally promoted by Israel to counter the influence of the PLO. They eventually became far too strong for Israel to manage.
Hamas (which is Sunni) also fought on the side of the Anti Assad forces in Syria, so they also had a tacit understanding with the US.
A very strong Anti Israel feeling seems to have brought both Hezbollah (which is Shia) and Hamas together. If they and the militia owing
allegiance to the PLO in the West bank come together, this can get a lot more serious.
The Americans seem to have anticipated a second front by the Hezbollah..hence the AC strike group
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

NRao wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:50
drnayar wrote: 09 Oct 2023 10:51

FYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVr88IYHow8

Exactly. And for posters screaming about 10-15 aircraft carriers this should be something to ponder on !!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Deans wrote: 09 Oct 2023 16:47

1) History and analysis are extremely interesting and important.

Personally, I believe action - at least a viable plan - is absolutely needed.

2) Afghanistan has offered men - provided they are given passage

I think the USN carrier fleet is to prevent boats with Muslims from EU. And, perhaps even msg Turkey.

3) India went on high alert from day one. PMO called all three Chiefs.

On YT, "The Alternate Media", Ex DGP Vikram Singh has gone on the offence (on how the Hamas incident may impact Bharat).