Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by vera_k »

There is a documentary posted up in the thread that's worth watching to understand past history.

Battle of Haifa

There is some Indian army presence in the area deployed as UN peacekeepers.

With 900 deployed as peacekeepers, India watching Lebanon situation
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Guys....

everyone please take a deep breath

we are all in the same team onlee...
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

deleted as repeated
Last edited by SRajesh on 12 Oct 2023 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Chetakji, Cmji and the the Mods:
On a lighter note we are all Evil Yindoos onleee
We do too much of Shasthrartha (and too argumentative onlee)!! :((
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Sir, who is being referred to as PBUH in Roop's post? And what do you think Indian Muslims sentiments are about said PBUH who "mandated" the beheading of babies? If attacking the icon of a religion does not constitute attacking said religion, what does?
This is pure Nandi droppings.

It's time the rest of the world calls this evil cult of death for what it is. The clarion call "There is no true god but mine" is in itself a totally bigoted statement.

Such cults must be called out and attacked at every logical and philosophical level. To the extent that the followers of Islam display such bigoted behaviour by inaction, tacit support or overt action, they should and must be fought appropriately.

Forget all the history and geopolitics that have refrained and desisted from calling Islam a cult of death - which is exactly the fear inspired appeasement that has kept this cult of death alive.

In every compromise between good and evil, good loses something and evil gains something. Each individual, society and country must adopt this zero tolerance to bigotry policy. Else they will get the just desserts of what they bargained with.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/john-hass ... l-n2629626

Meet the Harvard Students Supporting Hamas’ Invasion of Israel

also

https://twitter.com/SonofHas/status/1711804312106717381

and

https://archive.ph/KVhBk

From one of the above,

"Statement by the Sikhs and Companions of Harvard Undergraduates

We apologize for the pain caused by signing the recent statement by the Harvard College Palestinian Solidarity Committee and retract our signature. Our intent was to draw attention to the long-standing issues in the region and express our desire for a peaceful resolution, not to minimize or justify the loss of life. Without doubt, we denounce Hamas, a terrorist organization’s, abhorrent attacks against innocent civilians.

We are deeply saddened by the loss of innocent lives, regardless of nationality or religion. We mourn for every individual affected by the ongoing conflict. We mourn them as if they were our siblings, parents, and friends. The core ethos of the Sikh community is encapsulated by the principle of “sarbat da bhalla”, which translates to seeking the welfare of all humanity.

We encourage powerbrokers to refrain from targeting civilian areas in Gaza. Our recognition of the undeniable historical injustices faced by Palestinians exists alongside our denouncement of indiscriminate violence by any group.

We stand in solidarity with communities worldwide grappling with the profound pain of losing loved ones. It is our belief that escalating violence does not provide a solution; one injustice cannot justify another. It is our earnest hope and ardaas (prayer) that we reach a future of peace, dignity, and protection for all. We refuse to surrender our humanity.
10 h"

This is their apology!!!! Why even bother!!!
Last edited by Lisa on 12 Oct 2023 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Will wipe this hummus off ..

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/1 ... errorists/

John Simpson says BBC would be 'taking sides' if it described Hamas as terrorists
Veteran correspondent says using term would mean not reporting Israel-Hamas conflict with 'due impartiality'
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I'm not ok with this naming shaming business. In this hyper SM world it's easy to trap young impressionable minds to support wrong causes.

On matters like this, ONE non voilent mistake can be tolerated by condemning them and imposing community service but don't hold grudges against students.

It's the ideologues, elected reps, profs and deans that deserve ejections.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Indian journalist reporting frm Manesar ke khet, and flying on a desi paraglider over the khet, to understand how the Hamas terrorists did it

Commented on the smooth landing n one of the experts mentioned how Hamas using a low cost option ws ‘appreciable’ but ‘in a wrong way’. :((

ah.. so many eggspurts on the way now :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/pratyasharath/statu ... 3701067834
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Larry Walker wrote: 11 Oct 2023 23:27
AshishA wrote: 11 Oct 2023 20:47 Interestingly, Taliban is now saying they are hoping for peace and calm on both sides. And they won't send any fighters to Israel. They don't support terrorism and will not get involved in it :rotfl:
Imagine the level of depravity and barbarism that Hamas unleashed on Jews that even Taliban had to distance themselves.
These Hamas animals need to be exterminated.
Hamas also said they met their objectives. Its a well thought out strategy. Hamas knows all its gains were in the first few hours. Thereafter, they will
lose disproportionately and it's not clear anyone is going to help them, so they want to stop and have the moral high ground in case Israel continues.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:27 I'm not ok with this naming shaming business. In this hyper SM world it's easy to trap young impressionable minds to support wrong causes.

On matters like this, ONE non voilent mistake can be tolerated by condemning them and imposing community service but don't hold grudges against students.

These same individuals write anti Hindu notes all day long to destroy me and my faith. If I can used this event of their stupidity to destroy them, then that is exactly what I am going to do. Name Them, Shame Them and Destroy Their Careers. I have no guilt in what I do, none.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:50
Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:27 I'm not ok with this naming shaming business. In this hyper SM world it's easy to trap young impressionable minds to support wrong causes.

These same individuals write anti Hindu notes all day long to destroy me and my faith. If I can used this event of their stupidity to destroy them, then that is exactly what I am going to do. Name Them, Shame Them and Destroy Their Careers. I have no guilt in what I do, none.

Bravo

Unfailingly meet consideration with consideration, kindness with kindness, and compassion with compassion.

But, in all other situations, grind the scum into the dirt

way to go, Lisa ji 8)
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Honestly, this is a good opportunity to destroy the Anti Hindu lobby. Most of the Anti Hindu lobbies are Anti Jews too. So Jews going against them will actually help us in the future. In fact, it's the right time to dig out Anti semite tweets etc etc and use that to destroy them. Basically, use the anger of the Jews to take out Anti India lobby without fighting directly.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

No disagreement Lisa Ji.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

AshishA wrote: 12 Oct 2023 15:27 Honestly, this is a good opportunity to destroy the Anti Hindu lobby. Most of the Anti Hindu lobbies are Anti Jews too. So Jews going against them will actually help us in the future. In fact, it's the right time to dig out Anti semite tweets etc etc and use that to destroy them. Basically, use the anger of the Jews to take out Anti India lobby without fighting directly.

Ashish ji,

Take a good look at the scum that deride the Hindus, apart from the usual suspects, of course

These are the board of directors of Anti Hindu org @Hindus4HR who are trying to destabilize India and break India

They are Hindu in name only .. There is nothing Hindu in @Hindus4HR....

India has been filled with such culturally treacherous scum for the past more than 800 years

vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

The beheaded babies has been doing the rounds for a few decades now. Except for one journalist who has picked it, I dont think there is a lot of confidence in that view. I hear its more to dehumanise the enemy than anything else. But a lot of the videos are shocking and morally depraving.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I have seen videos of beheaded Israeli soldiers at least. Why give so much benefit of doubt to these monsters?!
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

drnayar wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:39 Indian journalist reporting frm Manesar ke khet, and flying on a desi paraglider over the khet, to understand how the Hamas terrorists did it

Commented on the smooth landing n one of the experts mentioned how Hamas using a low cost option ws ‘appreciable’ but ‘in a wrong way’. :((

https://twitter.com/pratyasharath/statu ... 3701067834
She should consider herself lucky she didn't hit a power line like a few of the airborne jihadis...:roll:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

ramana wrote: 12 Oct 2023 08:34
Cain Marko wrote: 11 Oct 2023 07:56
You have a problem with Hamas that's fine. No need to attack the religion of one particular Indian community. Seriously. Take a breath.
And how much of this baby beheading thing is verified news, and how much of it is white helmet stuff?
CM, Do you recall the tailor Kanhyailal was beheaded in Rajashtan by two proto-Hamas types?

And where did Roop link Indian Muslims?
Let us not find ghosts in others posts and whip ourselves.
As many have said, the whole thing is sickening ( Including the " How much of that is verified" type comments)..

We have Barkha Dutt here (who might not be the most favorite person in BRF,) , even these people are getting sickened

(Some consolation : This has exposed worst types Like Audrangzeb (HT: coined by a distinguished well known Professor who is known to be extremely polite - and becoming popular in USA), and characters are Ilihan Omar , and other Khalistani, Jhidia supporters.... Good work by some of the politicians in Indian-American community who are now waking up and taking it more seriously..)..

Unfortunately Harvard is not alone, we have similar sickening events in @UWMadison, UC Berkeley etc.. and people are taking note..
Last edited by Amber G. on 12 Oct 2023 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

It will be interesting to see what happens with Netanyahu once the active Israeli response starts slowing down.

Will he try to deliberately engage in a longer ground assault /protracted war because it will allow him to cling on to power as "wartime leader" or is he hoping to have a swift end to this and maybe shore up support before escalating more.

Again he has had a hand in Hamas becoming stronger as he wanted them to rise up and delegitamize the Palestinian Authority and basically eliminate any chances of a 2 state solution so that combined with the fact that His whole political persona is built on the fact that he would keep Israel secure and be harsher on its enemies with pre emptive attacks means that it's troubling times.

Golda Meir couldn't politically recover from the shock of Yom Kippur and it seems the same will happen to Bibi but he is a willy fellow who's come out of political irrelevance before as well
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Lisa wrote: 11 Oct 2023 21:43 I am sorry, do not know how to post an image. Can somebody help, please?

https://twitter.com/rohithverse/status/ ... 4300718507

Here is the Indians list who supported Palestine and Hamas from Harvard and signed the petition. Sraddha Joshi, Sravya Tadepalli, Neha Bhatia, Shivani Gupta and Jasleen Kaur.
@BillAckman for your help and watch.

https://twitter.com/webstati/status/1711987429522219426
Lisaji (& Others): If it is okay with admins, please post (links etc) here and or forward (DM or reply to their tweet organization/people like @SuhagAShukla, @BillAckman who are helpful)... There are *many* VC ad CEO at present, who have vowed (publicly and privately) that they are nor going to hire any of these people -- bigotry has a price to pay ... enough is enough..
(We have asked for the complete list (with names) of all the names for Harvard for example. - The list of organization - fortunately from what I saw, has *no* Indian org - mostly Muslim/Palestinian/Pakistani/leftist in their name - some 'south asian' - eg goongru)
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

So everyone agrees that Hamas is evil and barbaric.

But we are vigorously debating on the finer points of barbarity.

That’s how barbarians win. The issue of their barbarians gets diluted by bringing in the question of propaganda, which is a reality in wartime.

We should just focus on the question: is Hamas being barbaric truth or propaganda?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

look who's supporting the jihadis

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I get what you are saying, but here on BRF we are always talking about Indics hardening themselves as a target.

The Harvard case is an example of what a hardened target (Jews) looks like and acts like. It’s not going to be pretty, and will have a cost.

It’s up to each of us to decide how we feel about a similar target-hardening of Indics.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

There's a fine line with these things imo.. If some of these students have actively come out and made these statements either physically or via their own social media accounts then maybe it makes sense

However just being part of a college "group" cultural org who put something out or co-signed something put out by another group is going too far imo

For example I think I was part of maybe 7-8 organizations during my undergrad few of them only for free food tbh or socializing. Now if one of those organizations cosigned a statement and someone went digging on the members im sure my name would come up.

Hell with the way some of these organizations are (mis) managed I'm sure there are members who have already graduated or never even knew they were a part of that org but have their name in the list.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

AkshaySG wrote: 12 Oct 2023 18:59 It will be interesting to see what happens with Netanyahu once the active Israeli response starts slowing down.

Will he try to deliberately engage in a longer ground assault /protracted war because it will allow him to cling on to power as "wartime leader" or is he hoping to have a swift end to this and maybe shore up support before escalating more.

Again he has had a hand in Hamas becoming stronger as he wanted them to rise up and delegitamize the Palestinian Authority and basically eliminate any chances of a 2 state solution so that combined with the fact that His whole political persona is built on the fact that he would keep Israel secure and be harsher on its enemies with pre emptive attacks means that it's troubling times.

Golda Meir couldn't politically recover from the shock of Yom Kippur and it seems the same will happen to Bibi but he is a willy fellow who's come out of political irrelevance before as well
He will look to end the Gaza link to Hamas once and for all.

The land invasion will happen

Gaza will again be divided into multiple zones. in so much that tracking tunnels which was a near impossibility earlier will become easier.

Try to "move out" as much of the population into Egypt or elsewhere.

Make sure there are enough fiefdoms to fight between each other !

Have a stranglehold on the finances flowing into this area.

Egyptian border which was porous before will be curtailed and likely Gaza would be made into an enclave without sea access.

All are only possibilities., there is no near term solution.

The Israelis will keep up the narratives prolonged., and like the Ukraine war this thread would go on for months and years !!..

It would be in the interest of the Israelis to keep the pot boiling for a while., for how long would depend on how confident they are with the results.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The congis have finally taken to gas lighting India and chivvying the arab govts to castigate India for the stand that the GoI has taken by supporting israel

pappu and his team are desperate to polarize the jihadi vote bank for the forthcoming state elections and also for the big one in 2024

What Hamas did in Israel is highly condemnable. That being said, Arab countries have noticed the silence of the Modi govt on showing any solidarity with the Palestinian cause.

At least 3 diplomats from the Arab countries, including an ambassador, said they were expecting a more…

— Dr. Shama Mohamed (@drshamamohd) October 11, 2023
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

No Indian casualties so far in Israel, says MEA
(News Report)
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Time is a commodity, Israel will have in short supply.

That is what will cause Hamas to survive.

Unless the Israeli plan is to be a muscle for Palestinian authority and help them re-establish control over Gaza.

But that will still leave a highly propagandaized population for the Palestinian authority to deradicalise.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Pratyush wrote: 12 Oct 2023 19:41 Time is a commodity, Israel will have in short supply.

That is what will cause Hamas to survive.

Unless the Israeli plan is to be a muscle for Palestinian authority and help them re-establish control over Gaza.

But that will still leave a highly propagandaized population for the Palestinian authority to deradicalise.
Maybe Israel can apply the raliv-galiv-chaliv formula to the Palestinians, force-convert them to Judaism. (Just a dark joke)
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Chetakji,

In case you missed my note above, re the Sikh association,
https://archive.ph/KVhBk

From one of the above,

"Statement by the Sikhs and Companions of Harvard Undergraduates

We apologize for the pain caused by signing the recent statement by the Harvard College Palestinian Solidarity Committee and retract our signature. Our intent was to draw attention to the long-standing issues in the region and express our desire for a peaceful resolution, not to minimize or justify the loss of life. Without doubt, we denounce Hamas, a terrorist organization’s, abhorrent attacks against innocent civilians.

We are deeply saddened by the loss of innocent lives, regardless of nationality or religion. We mourn for every individual affected by the ongoing conflict. We mourn them as if they were our siblings, parents, and friends. The core ethos of the Sikh community is encapsulated by the principle of “sarbat da bhalla”, which translates to seeking the welfare of all humanity.

We encourage powerbrokers to refrain from targeting civilian areas in Gaza. Our recognition of the undeniable historical injustices faced by Palestinians exists alongside our denouncement of indiscriminate violence by any group.

We stand in solidarity with communities worldwide grappling with the profound pain of losing loved ones. It is our belief that escalating violence does not provide a solution; one injustice cannot justify another. It is our earnest hope and ardaas (prayer) that we reach a future of peace, dignity, and protection for all. We refuse to surrender our humanity.
10 h"

This is their apology!!!! Why even bother!!!
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

The Israel Hamas war analysis by Lt. Generals of Indian Army