Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by Cyrano »

It's not over yet but Abhi se learnings?!
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Sikhs and Companions of Harvard Undergraduates
What does the name of that organization even mean?

People who have a girlfriend/boyfriend going to Harvard? Plus also Sikhs going to Harvard?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

KLNMurthy wrote: 12 Oct 2023 19:53 ...Maybe Israel can apply the raliv-galiv-chaliv formula to the Palestinians, force-convert them to Judaism. (Just a dark joke)
They don't even need to lose any more skin in the process (even darker joke)
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Lisa wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:50
Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 13:27 I'm not ok with this naming shaming business. In this hyper SM world it's easy to trap young impressionable minds to support wrong causes.

On matters like this, ONE non voilent mistake can be tolerated by condemning them and imposing community service but don't hold grudges against students.

It's the ideologues, elected reps, profs and deans that deserve ejections.
These same individuals write anti Hindu notes all day long to destroy me and my faith. If I can used this event of their stupidity to destroy them, then that is exactly what I am going to do. Name Them, Shame Them and Destroy Their Careers. I have no guilt in what I do, none.
Lisa: Thanks for the post. Enough of this horrible "justification" of horrible acts.
Cyrano - you may not be 'okay' but I am okay - not only to name and shame them but do something more to teach them and others a lesson. When I send my kids to schools like Harvard ($200K per year), i expect them to study and do good things not evil things... zero sympathy... Others may (or may not) be responsible but those "students" are adults.. and I will make sure that such evil does not get a free pass.
Last edited by Amber G. on 12 Oct 2023 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

We need a newer, global equivalent of Congress mukt Bharat
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 20:18 It's not over yet but Abhi se learnings?!
RRona bhi shuru

This in TOIlet

Header - cemeteries are filled

Body - people cant go to cemeteries as it is dangerous
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Amber G,
I've made my point and said why. You are free to hold a different view.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

This is atrocious from @UWMadison has terror sympathizers on campus too.
@UWMadison campus, gross chants including “glory to the murders”They believe the only good Jew is a dead Jew l
----

Universities' slow responses to Hamas attacks draw scrutiny

Stanford, UC Berkeley break silence on Israel-Hamas war amid debates

Summers (Ex President of Harvard) issued this statement:
I was very glad to join now more than 250 colleagues in signing this letter regarding @Harvard's response to the Hamas attacks. I am very glad that President Gay has now denounced Hamas terrorism and distanced the University from the appalling student group statement. I hope other university leaders will now do the same.

MANY Harvard alums are thanking him.

Meanwhile from Singapore - An old story caught my eye --
Imam who made offensive remarks about Jews and Christians will be asked to leave Singapore w aftter the imam did apology, paid fine etc. He was lucky. (Singapore is, as someone put it, is Disneyland with the death penalty. And efficient at it)
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

AkshaySG wrote: 12 Oct 2023 19:24 There's a fine line with these things imo.. If some of these students have actively come out and made these statements either physically or via their own social media accounts then maybe it makes sense

However just being part of a college "group" cultural org who put something out or co-signed something put out by another group is going too far imo

For example I think I was part of maybe 7-8 organizations during my undergrad few of them only for free food tbh or socializing. Now if one of those organizations cosigned a statement and someone went digging on the members im sure my name would come up.

Hell with the way some of these organizations are (mis) managed I'm sure there are members who have already graduated or never even knew they were a part of that org but have their name in the list.
I beg to differ. A lot of these organizations collect funds and affiliate themselves with causes diametrically opposite to the views of their members (as you are saying I suspect). It is good if there is scrutiny that causes students to be more circumspect and analytical about what they are signing on to.

If there is reputational damage because some organization had used or is using a name of a past student without authorization, the remedy is via the courts. Most professionals have legal help available that can send cease and desist letters, and this is one of the times to use it.

Similarly, people are allowed to change their viewpoints. If someone was previously associated with an organization that they no longer believe in, explaining how and why their views changed is a good show of leadership.
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

vera_k wrote: 12 Oct 2023 21:16
If there is reputational damage because some organization had used or is using a name of a past student without authorization, the remedy is via the courts. Most professionals have legal help available that can send cease and desist letters, and this is one of the times to use it.
Agree with some points however this makes little sense in the age of social media cancelation and outrage... In a matter of days 10,000 accounts would have retweeted and cross posted the info.. How many are you going to serve a cease and desist to?
Who's gonna pay for the legal costs for the same?

Lies travel 10 times around the world before truth goes a mile.

The barrier for "defamation" and professional damage is pretty high even in the sue happy United States.. You would have to prove that companies refused to hire you based on a false premise or acted biased against you and companies would never share that info.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Disclose it in a cover letter if needed when applying for the job. The cease and desist goes to the original organization and typically is free (with legal insurance) or less than $1000.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

3-4 Indians in Gaza, There are about 12 in West Bank . "we are in touch with them," says MEA Spox

First flight from Tel-Aviv for those who are willing to leave Israel to day (about 250 Indians).. All are requested to register with Indian consulate .. etc..

No confirmed death of any Indian citizen in Israel (Per MEA) (
India is in touch with them - A person is in hospital & improving - an Indian national who got injured.
Last edited by Amber G. on 12 Oct 2023 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

FWIW: In USA - First Amendment protects your speech from government interference, it does not provide the same level of protection in a private employment context. Employers can generally establish and enforce rules regarding speech and conduct in the workplace, (there are legal limits and exceptions that protect employees from discrimination and certain forms of protected speech)

Employment in the United States is typically "at-will," which means that both the employer and the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (with some exceptions).. So if one does not want to hire some loonies, they can do so. (There is more 'freedom' in academic environment .. what is allowed in the name of freedom of speech -- in some institutes..)
Last edited by Amber G. on 12 Oct 2023 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 20:33 Amber G,
I've made my point and said why. You are free to hold a different view.
If I read it right, Amber G endorsed your views
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Dr. Ankit Shah has some excellent points. He points out to the desert culture and the emphasis of body for suvida (material pursuit) rather than the Indic emphasis on Atma and its sukh (happiness). The Abrahamic philosophy spawned two major religions (judaism and christianity) from Jerusalem (Eeswar-a-layam), whereas the Indic stream has Sanatan Dharma and its sister faiths like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism. The desert culture has no water availability which conditions the human traits of conservation from extreme heat, nomadic life which is in search of food and goods. Hence we have long white robes, eating from a common plate, intense tribal associations (fending for themselves from enemies), imaginative chitran of the chitti and so on. The Islamic faith has modeled the desert way of life as part of its religious beliefs.

The Indic way of life of emphasizing atma and making buddhi, chitt, vritti and man subservient is in direct contrast to the Abrahmic way which states that there is only 1 life and body is supreme, enjoy all the pleasures for indriya and dominant the earth. Vasudev kutumbakam thinking has enabled India to provide covid vaccines to the rest of the world despite being a low/medium per capita income nation.

शरीर को खोजोगे तो संसार मिलेगा
आत्मा को खोजोगे तो परमात्मा मिलेगा

Israel and Palestine future in Hindi

Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

Amber G. wrote: 12 Oct 2023 20:27
Lisa: Thanks for the post. Enough of this horrible "justification" of horrible acts.
Cyrano - you may not be 'okay' but I am okay - not only to name and shame them but do something more to teach them and others a lesson. When I send my kids to schools like Harvard ($200K per year), i expect them to study and do good things not evil things... zero sympathy... Others may (or may not) be responsible but those "students" are adults.. and I will make sure that such evil does not get a free pass.
+1008 AmberG and Lisaji. Once the dhanda starts being applied in the form of being shunned from lucrative jobs and any possibility of recognitions/awards this unholy nexus of academia and spurious terrorist causes can be broken. For too long they have promoted hate speech under the garb of freedom of expression.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Recently when Harvard is saying something like"
I yield to no one in my revulsion at the statement apparently made on behalf of 30 plus
@Harvard student groups. But please everybody take a deep breath. Many in these groups never saw the statement before it went out. In some case those approving did not understand exactly what they were approving. Probably some were naive and foolish. This is not a time where it is constructive to vilify individuals and I am sorry that is happening.
It is a time for absolute clarity that words or deeds that threaten the safety of others in our community will not be tolerated!

Some response directly given to Harvard President..
>>
Law students signed a statement without reading. That's reassuring for a Harvard law graduate.

Others "did not understand exactly what they were approving" and shall soon earn the distinction of being 'Harvard graduates'.
How could a bunch of wokes sign documents representing such wide communities? That's the reason why it's galling
there are two issues here
1. Integrity - How does anyone sign such an important document without taking consent of their own board members. It shows they are fraud and it must not be treated with kid gloves
2. Due Diligence - How can someone who represents a student group in worlds top Institution not know what they are signing ? If they can’t understand something so important then how did such people even get into harvard in the first place ? Is the institutional standards of taking good students drastically lowered ?
I'm sure they read it in detail before signing. Just to check if anyone had been misgendered.
These Indian origin students at Harvard support Hamas terrorists. They signed a letter.
Shivani Gupta
Sravya Tadepalli
Jasleen Kaur
Sraddha Joshi
Neha Bhatia
Angelica Kumar

All women. What's with many Indian women???

BTW: Many newspapers (including here in US) have published the entire list - so no doxxing here..
As an Indian-American Parent (and grand-parent) this is very serious - I spent lot of time educating them not only in Physics or math but commonsense ... It is important to all parents .. to inspire their kids to study .and do anything they can to enter top institutions, and make sure that their kids do not absorb the anti-Hinduism views prevalent in some of these institutions --

There is an effort to educate Indian Corporate sector - to Black list these names...
Last edited by Amber G. on 12 Oct 2023 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

The Harvard confirmed nut case Shraddha Joshi has been a "journalist" intern with NewsClick,
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shraddha-joshi-1a4790155/
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

AI 139 landed in Tel Aviv short while ago to bring back Indians under operation Ajay (~ 250)
(It will land in New Delhi to land in Delhi tomm morning at 6 am IST
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile India's representative office in Ramallah issues emergency helpline number for Indians in Palestine:
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Robert Spencer on Israel-Gaza, Hamas, Islamic Law, Israel Ground Attack on Jaipur Dialogues. As the world reels with horror at the unspeakable atrocities wrought by Hamas on the Israeli civilians including on women and children, Robert Spencer discusses the Hamas Charter and its roots in Islamic theology. Being a kaffir, automatically makes you an oppressor (not being a believer in allah and his messenger). This justifies any aggression on kaffirs. The Hamas charter (1987) rejects any negotiated peace settlement, since an infidel is involved. Islamic wakf land is holy land.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

As I had said, those who would benefit the most from this conflict are India and Israel!!

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Another angle

Most worthwhile analyses are coming out of Bharat.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

NRao wrote: 12 Oct 2023 23:53 As I had said, those who would benefit the most from this conflict are India and Israel!!

Emotional theatrics aside, we've had a strong partnership but we are also on opposite sides in other conflict theaters. It's a marriage of convenience for now but things can change tom.

Hearing about Indians fight for Israel is the height of the servile colonial mentality. Jews aren't flocking to fight in Kahsmir. The proper way to think about this is to let them weaken so it gives you more leverage in the partnership. We see the same thing happen with Russia as they are fighting the third rate Ukrainian Army with Western merchandise.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Mohammed Deif: The Hamas Mastermind Behind Saturday's Terror Attack
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: A statement from the President of the University of Florida: IMO nicely worded:
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Here is Pew Report. 71% of Israelis look at India favorably. Also Israel always stood in support of India in hours of crisis.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

hummus update

Hamas supporter accidentally sets himself on fire! Karma acts in wonderful way

https://twitter.com/TimesAlgebraIND/sta ... 4698079700

UK and the German governments to ban the waving of Palestine flags.. of course except the terrorist capital of the western world..kanada

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Sir, who is being referred to as PBUH in Roop's post? And what do you think Indian Muslims sentiments are about said PBUH who "mandated" the beheading of babies?
Please do watch this (click on the link below) -- why dragging 'Muslim sentiments' everywhere is irrelevant:

It only took 19 hijackers. 19 radical Islamic terrorists. To bring America down to its knees. Destroy the World Trade Centers. Attack the Pentagon. And kill almost 3,000 innocent people.
The peaceful majority were irrelevant
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/middleea ... index.html

Jerusalem CNN —

The Israeli government has not confirmed the specific claim that Hamas attackers cut off the heads of babies during their shock attack on Saturday, an Israeli official told CNN, contradicting a previous public statement by the Prime Minister’s office.

_------_

Doesn't absolve Hamas of anything but is unnecessary. Unverified rumor/propaganda ndercuts the real crime by derailing the discourse.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

^^^ I have come across one Israeli, frequent visitor to India, who said he would die for India and also Israel.

But yes dispassionate support is worth more than volunteering to fight. The rally in the US in support of the victims of terrorism was welcome.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Who lit the fuse via Hamas - is it Iran, Qatar, Turkey, Syria, China or some other. The degree of sophistication of the attack, the planning, the recruitment and coordination is way above Hamas. ISIS flags were found wherever terror attacks on Israel happened. Hamas' Mohammad Abbas is hiding in Russia. Iran and China hand is definitely behind hamas. Rockets (steel casing/barrels) are made in shandong, china. Hang gliders are also chinese. Some north korean maal was transferred to Hamas. Pukes are also involved. Arms corridor was facilitated by Turkey via Erdo's son Bilal.

Bahrain condemns Hamas, The Global Imams Council (GIC) in Iraq also condemns Hamas.

The clash between Hamas and Israel can mushroom into a bigger war.

India is pulling out all Indians from Israel by operation Ajay.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

it's more complex than these folks understand.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Amber G. wrote: 12 Oct 2023 22:51 ... It is important to all parents .. to inspire their kids to study .and do anything they can to enter top institutions,
Amber G. ji, that is too broad and also very elitist, IMHO. I wouldn;t give so much importance to "top" institution as per some QS or US News list or other.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Can’t help notice the difference in attitude aka complete Hypocrisy of west when it comes to Israel vs India. Forget condemnation, they don’t even issue a statement condemning their Paki munna even after repeated attacks. Blinken is in Israel with full military support while he preaches democracy to India.

Also, same South Asia groups frequently organize anti Hindu conferences and activities year round and are protected by American institutions.
Last edited by vimal on 13 Oct 2023 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Hardeep Singh Nijjar's attorney calling for attacks on Indians because they #StandWithIsrael.
Pretty much on brand for the #Khalistan movement.

Unhinged SFJ leader Pannun is organizing for Palestinians to attack India's representative office in Palestine
Uses footage of an anti-Hamas rally attended by Hindus in Toronto to claim that Hindus are celebrating deaths of Palestinian kids.

Meanwhile Canada is deeply concerned by the crisis in Israel and Gaza and its toll on civilians. Going to provide an initial $10M in aid for the civilians affected by this conflict... Justin Trudaeu is tweeting:
We’ve announced an initial $10 million in humanitarian assistance to address urgent needs stemming from the crisis in Israel, West Bank, and the Gaza Strip. This will help trusted partners provide food, water, emergency medical assistance, protection services, and more.