Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by sanman »

Signatories at Harvard supporting Hamas have been backing down after facing exposure:

Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

Cain Marko wrote: 12 Oct 2023 09:52 ...
Read my response to Roop (to which you took umbrage) carefully. I stood against dissing the the icon of a religion dear to millions in India as someone who "mandates" the beheading of children. How is that legit?
It is legit because it's true and relevant to the topic under discussion. And yes, I stand by the "mandate" remark -- not just for children but for all kaffirs (including apostate RoPers). You clearly are either an ignoramus (because you don't know about the mandates) or a posturing, posing, virtue-signalling hypocrite (because you know I'm right but are in a snit because I had the temerity to point it out).

And with that, I have said all that I wanted to say on this topic. No more from me.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Amber G. wrote: 12 Oct 2023 23:22 AI 139 landed in Tel Aviv short while ago to bring back Indians under operation Ajay (~ 250)
(It will land in New Delhi to land in Delhi tomm morning at 6 am IST
Good. I half expected the C17s to be pressed in service yet again...
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Cyrano wrote: 12 Oct 2023 12:34
Sir, who is being referred to as PBUH in Roop's post? And what do you think Indian Muslims sentiments are about said PBUH who "mandated" the beheading of babies? If attacking the icon of a religion does not constitute attacking said religion, what does?
This is pure Nandi droppings.

It's time the rest of the world calls this evil cult of death for what it is. The clarion call "There is no true god but mine" is in itself a totally bigoted statement.

Such cults must be called out and attacked at every logical and philosophical level. To the extent that the followers of Islam display such bigoted behaviour by inaction, tacit support or overt action, they should and must be fought appropriately.

Forget all the history and geopolitics that have refrained and desisted from calling Islam a cult of death - which is exactly the fear inspired appeasement that has kept this cult of death alive.

In every compromise between good and evil, good loses something and evil gains something. Each individual, society and country must adopt this zero tolerance to bigotry policy. Else they will get the just desserts of what they bargained with.
:roll: Sure but for the fact that millions in India who define said religion differently. Your screaming "death cult" "death cult" is not going to help there is it? Or do you plan to somehow get rid of those millions via some clever scheme short of what a "death cult" would come up with?
Last edited by Cain Marko on 13 Oct 2023 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

vijaykarthik wrote: 12 Oct 2023 17:34 The beheaded babies has been doing the rounds for a few decades now. Except for one journalist who has picked it, I dont think there is a lot of confidence in that view. I hear its more to dehumanise the enemy than anything else. But a lot of the videos are shocking and morally depraving.
That was a point that I was trying to make, but I guess failed quite miserably. Dehumanizing the other via propoganda is hardly new when it comes to various media and political establishments.

In any case, it seems that the news was true after all (Blinken and Burkha both admit it), and my skepticism (again, not about the barbarity of Hamas) of the news reports being a plant/fog of war, was misplaced.

Situation now is truly effed. I hope Israel does what is required to get rid of this Hamas menace. And feel for the innocents who will invariably face horrors as the situation gets worse. I am not convinced that a solution can be found (although maybe it can via proper arrangements made by IMEC).

The biggest concern now is that of the US and NATO deciding to go after EyeRan. That would be a recipe for disaster. And hopefully the Modi/Jaishankar team can keep the boat safe in such seas.
Last edited by Cain Marko on 13 Oct 2023 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Roop wrote: 13 Oct 2023 07:23
Cain Marko wrote: 12 Oct 2023 09:52 ...
Read my response to Roop (to which you took umbrage) carefully. I stood against dissing the the icon of a religion dear to millions in India as someone who "mandates" the beheading of children. How is that legit?
It is legit because it's true and relevant to the topic under discussion. And yes, I stand by the "mandate" remark -- not just for children but for all kaffirs (including apostate RoPers). You clearly are either an ignoramus (because you don't know about the mandates) or a posturing, posing, virtue-signalling hypocrite (because you know I'm right but are in a snit because I had the temerity to point it out).

And with that, I have said all that I wanted to say on this topic. No more from me.
Can you back up your claim about this "Mandate" to kill babies? Yeah? Source please. If not, STFU. We'll soon see who is the ignoramus, who is the hypocrite and who is an agenda driven moron who does little but provoke trouble. And yes, nice try to include "all kaffirs" (this was hardly an unknown) - talk about hypocrisy.

Fact of the matter is (since you harp so much about mandates) that the only explicit mandate to kill babies comes from here:
Deuteronomy 2:34 — King James Version (KJV 1900)
34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain

1 Samuel 15:3 — King James Version (KJV 1900)
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

https://biblia.com/bible/esv/1-samuel/15/3

So yes, I'd love to see similar explicit proof.
Last edited by Cain Marko on 13 Oct 2023 07:55, edited 2 times in total.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

vimal wrote: 13 Oct 2023 06:26 Can’t help notice the difference in attitude aka complete Hypocrisy of west when it comes to Israel vs India. Forget condemnation, they don’t even issue a statement condemning their Paki munna even after repeated attacks. Blinken is in Israel with full military support while he preaches democracy to India.

Also, same South Asia groups frequently organize anti Hindu conferences and activities year round and are protected by American institutions.
There are Christian Jihadis too in all places in the West, with the mandate to eradicate idol worship. They are White and go around in a suit and tie, so appear harmless or evolved, but are no better than Hamas.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Manish_P wrote: 12 Oct 2023 11:06
Cain Marko wrote: 12 Oct 2023 10:15 ...
The last thing India (or anyone) would want is US boots on the ground in Iran. And there are already shrill cries for exactly such a war. That is where "world family" will be really in trouble Manishji. And my skepticism about the egregious beheading thing stems from that concern. Imagine if this is another attempt at "manufacturing consent" and it actually works like those famous vials of WMD. Noone was benefitted from the first GWOT, least of all India. I doubt GWOT II will have any benefits either.
Cain Marko ji, pls. don't misunderstand my post as being about the beheading claims. It was very specific to your point about us (India and Indians) 'not having any skin in the game'.

Like it or not, we ARE a player in the Game. Always have been. Over centuries. To give ourselves a false sense of security most of us have thought (or rather have been conditioned into thinking) of ourselves are being mere 'spectators'. That we are sitting on some boundary lines watching the game. If we really look about we will find that we are on the same field. Only our match timings were different. Some day in the future, we might well be on center court, again.

And the thing about spectators is that no-one really cares about them anyway. Everyone just wants their money.

Coming to the specific thread topic, we need to see how we can use this to our advantage. Be it internally (weeding out the jihadists & their supporters) and externally (including the khalistanis and their supporters).
Manishji, I took your post from a geopolitical perspective. I was looking at that "baby genocide" thing also from the same macro perspective. Was it a means to get the US involved in Eyeran and start some kind of GWOT II? And it is for that reason that I hope India treads carefully, and doesn't get roped into something that is frankly an Abrahamic issue.
Last edited by Cain Marko on 13 Oct 2023 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Quote: In April 2016, then-U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said that because of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's policy of steady expansion of settlements, an eventual "one-state reality" with Israeli Jews no longer in the majority was the likely outcome.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

SRajesh wrote: 12 Oct 2023 11:25 CMji
here's a bit of Jewish Tradition:
The principle of kevod ha-meit [treating the dead with honor] underlies several other important issues with regard to the disposition of the body.
In general, Jewish tradition forbids autopsies on the grounds that the body is sacred and should not be violated after death.
“The dust shall return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return to God who gave it.” According to some authorities, cremation is absolutely forbidden, so much so that no funeral rites are offered and the survivors are not allowed to observe any of the rites of mourning, including the recitation of the Kaddish.
Now to IDF
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) invited foreign journalists to see the aftermath of a massacre by Hamas militants at the kibbutz on Tuesday.
Agreed that there is no third party confirmation that I can provide except for Soldiers reporting
Rajesh sir. Thank you for the tip on Jewish customs, much appreciated.
Looking at the Abrahamics, all having been cut from the same jib, dont you think that its plausible this attitude of defiling of the body is a deliberate attempt to inflict more pain??
Agreed. But hideous as it is, it seems that other cultures also engaged in said practice - including the Native Americans and ancient Egyptians.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/27638359?t ... flow=login
Just as another factoid and FWIW - There are hadith that explicitly prohibit this dark stuff, however, Muslims do conveniently choose to ignore the same AND even use scholarship to condone it. Such is their world.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Harvard students are freaking out after a truck is driving around the school, displaying names of students who allegedly signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ terror attacks.

The digital screen on the truck says “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” and named the 34 students who claimed Israel was “entirely responsible” for the Hamas attacks.

The truck was launched by Accuracy in Media who said it’s “incredibly important to know who the hateful antisemites are in our society. And it’s important for people to know that their actions have consequences..
Per many newspapers: Wall Street wants names of people basing Israel after these attacks.
Many Indian VC's and CEO's are waking up ... many parents are waking up..
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Amber G. wrote: 13 Oct 2023 08:24 ^^^ Harvard students are freaking out after a truck is driving around the school, displaying names of students who allegedly signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ terror attacks.

The digital screen on the truck says “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” and named the 34 students who claimed Israel was “entirely responsible” for the Hamas attacks.

The truck was launched by Accuracy in Media who said it’s “incredibly important to know who the hateful antisemites are in our society. And it’s important for people to know that their actions have consequences..
Per many newspapers: Wall Street wants names of people basing Israel after these attacks.
Many Indian VC's and CEO's are waking up ... many parents are waking up..
AmberGji, was your post directed at mine? I noticed these ^^^ and wondered. Frankly I have not kept up with the entire Harvard thing and how universities and colleges have gotten involved in this mess. But from what you posted it seems quite the response. In any case, I don't get how such presumably "bright" minds have come up with the idea that Israel was "entirely responsible" for the atrocities.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ No, it was not a response to Cain Marko's posts... "^^^" was for other posts which talked about Harvard and had a video of the situation'
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Lisa wrote: 11 Oct 2023 22:06 There is a need for a Wikipedia type section on this forum that can be used as a reference tool when these names crop up. Such a section should be maintained so that a public track of their nefarious acts can be kept and curated with regular updates. A complete Bio of these quislings should be attached so that they can be pinned when they transgress. If this site cannot host such content, I will gladly acquire and provide a server in a friendly country - that is immune to sanctions- for the same.

I have absolutely no software knowledge but will happy assist.
Something like <this will be nice>
(Many Indians are on it (Including shraddha joshi.). Reveals the intersection of antisemitism and Hinduphobia -- But we still need it exclusively for us -- some work is being done, and people are waking up...will give more details )
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Cain Marko wrote: 13 Oct 2023 08:03 ...
Manishji, I took your post from a geopolitical perspective. I was looking at that "baby genocide" thing also from the same macro perspective. Was it a means to get the US involved in Eyeran and start some kind of GWOT II? And it is for that reason that I hope India treads carefully, and doesn't get roped into something that is frankly an Abrahamic issue.
Understand your thought process, Cain ji. Not really contradictory with mine nor are we at cross-purposes.

My point is just that we may not have our own skin in this particular game but our opponents (including China) and even some of our friends (Russia) do. So we need to take advantage of it to the extent possible, so that it becomes easier for us during the knock-out stages when we find ourselves on the center field.

As you say, carefully. With cool, calculated designs.

Even though the results may not be evident, the rewards may be distant or even not assured (like Armenia)

Last from me on this as it will move to OT here.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Breaking News (Many News sources): Israel's military informed the United Nations that the 1.1 million Palestinians in Gaza should relocate to the enclave's south within the next 24 hours, a UN spokesman said, in what Palestinians fear could be a precursor to an Israeli ground offensive
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Cain Marko wrote: 13 Oct 2023 07:45 Can you back up your claim about this "Mandate" to kill babies? Yeah? Source please. If not, STFU. We'll soon see who is the ignoramus, who is the hypocrite and who is an agenda driven moron who does little but provoke trouble. And yes, nice try to include "all kaffirs" (this was hardly an unknown) - talk about hypocrisy.
yes Cain ji, i agree that even i am searching is there any sunnat that "mandate" to kill babies and i have not found. the only thing nearest i have found is Dawood 4404
Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi: I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions) examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed, and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not grown hair. Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)
but i am still not able to accept that Hamas could go and kill less than 2 yr babies the way they did. . just think of this horror ‘Her Belly Was Ripped Open, Baby Stabbed’: Israeli Rescuers Share Tales of Hamas Horror and the worst is people trying to justify it it is unbelievable

however, you need to acknowledge that none both Jews or christens do not use there scriptures the way Muslims do to justify there act. many of them that i have spoken to (only christens) would agree that there are many things are there and they don't agree with it. they prefer only the ones that spread love rest they are ok to be discarded if need be. but i have not seen a single Muslim saying this even though there mind and heart thinks that its wrong but still do not accept it as wrong as it is in there book.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Amber G. wrote: 13 Oct 2023 09:37 Breaking News (Many News sources): Israel's military informed the United Nations that the 1.1 million Palestinians in Gaza should relocate to the enclave's south within the next 24 hours, a UN spokesman said, in what Palestinians fear could be a precursor to an Israeli ground offensive
This is ridiculous. Israelis are overreaching. I condemn Hamas tactics but …
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Can we please move off the “legitimacy for baby beheadings” discussion to another thread and leave this one for the attacks and the resulting fallout and action please?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Vayutuvan wrote: 13 Oct 2023 10:02
Amber G. wrote: 13 Oct 2023 09:37 Breaking News (Many News sources): Israel's military informed the United Nations that the 1.1 million Palestinians in Gaza should relocate to the enclave's south within the next 24 hours, a UN spokesman said, in what Palestinians fear could be a precursor to an Israeli ground offensive
Nope.

Israelis are gaming the situation.

I would stand by you if you had stated that the Hamas action was "overreaching".

Hamas did what they did. Past.

Israel is doing what they do. Present.

Except for the tense nothing is different.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Vayutuvan wrote: 13 Oct 2023 10:02 This is ridiculous. Israelis are overreaching. I condemn Hamas tactics but …
IMHO no. So Israel is also acting on one "demand" from Hamas. That is inform before hitting civilian buildings. This is like Gen. Dyer's stance of "They have had their warnings" (that is the targets could see the soliders forming up in position, and then pointing the rifles at them). The civilians have been asked to leave, and let Hamas deal with the logistics. This is a war which Hamas started, and the civilian population in Gaza allow these folks to control them.

I am now happy to see the whines of the secular liberal Presstitutes in India. They were having a smug smile when they heard about Hamas in the initial tactical victory in the current war. Now the same Presstitutes are talking about humanitarian crisis.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Tanaji
Right you are.
Here's a poser:
1. What is the Objective of ground assault??
2. If people advised to move south, how does it achieve the Military objective of just clearing north and leaving the rest ??
3. Is there going to be a phased assault Yaaniki Clear north and hold and then stage the assault for complete clearance
4. If so wont that result on world wide Left directed or Illuminati directed or Deep state directed (whoever or whatever group controlling the world order you can think of :roll: ) campaign to stop Israel
5. That would lead to a POK situation of further on going rakit launches!
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

I think Israel will establish a bigger buffer zone by razing the buildings to ground and ensuring that there is no place for terrorists to hide among civilians and fire rockets into Israel. Netanyahu mentioned that middle-east will change, and it might point to redrawing some of the borders
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Cain Marko Please move on.. with your misperception you are derailing the thread.
Others enough.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

RoyG wrote: 13 Oct 2023 01:33
Emotional theatrics aside, we've had a strong partnership but we are also on opposite sides in other conflict theaters. It's a marriage of convenience for now but things can change tom.

Hearing about Indians fight for Israel is the height of the servile colonial mentality. Jews aren't flocking to fight in Kahsmir. The proper way to think about this is to let them weaken so it gives you more leverage in the partnership.
After seeing Akshrdham/ 9-11 etc etc in last 2 decade the Indians know very well how it feels to be slaughtered even in your own city. Similarly the well aware one also knows how timely Israeli help during Kargil war saved lots of Indian Blood.
You can mock it with your global gyyan of "servile colonial mentality" or whatever but average Hindus do connect with pains & sufferings of Israelis.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Cain Marko wrote: 13 Oct 2023 07:34 :roll: Sure but for the fact that millions in India who define said religion differently. Your screaming "death cult" "death cult" is not going to help there is it? Or do you plan to somehow get rid of those millions via some clever scheme short of what a "death cult" would come up with?
Once we call Islam out for what it is and pull it down from the pedestal of being a"religion", the next step will be to support the growing ex Muslim movements across the world, eventually leading them to become atheists/agnostics and ultimately ghar waapsii.

The indoctrination starts so early and goes so deep that it will take a conscious and concerted effort for a generation or two.

MBS seems to have realised this and that's why he has denounced the hadiths.

The Islamists will fight back, it will be bloody and ugly, like we are seeing now. But it must be fought at multiple levels with various means. Thats the only way.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

More hummus updates

Apparently Paki army or more particularly the SSG was /are the main training organisation for the Hamas !..also likely specific American weapons came from Ukraine via Pakistan!..where there is a" jihad" there is a Pakistani involved.,terror capital of the world.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Vayutuvan wrote: 13 Oct 2023 10:02
The critical component in the sanction, no food, no water and no fuel. Fuel is already scant and when filtered water begins to go scarce and population density doubles with no accommodation (as creeping fire destroys Gaza City and forces the population south), then Hamas has to explain what its end game is. Northern Gaza is already a dead man walking and the incision to divide Gaza between Gaza City and Khan Yunis is a forgone conclusion. IMHO.

Liberals had better start stockpiling on throat lozenges!

For those who may not know, Gaza's sovereignty is actually Egyptian. Not one liberal ever mentions this fact. For their demands of a palestine, small case on purpose, can anyone ask them why Jordan did not acquiesce to such a demand for the 20 odd years that the West Bank was in their charge. 20 years no need for palestine and immediately after Israeli seizure, we need palestine, really!

With regards to right to return, does it also apply to all Jews who were expelled from Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Algeria, Libya etc or only Arabs from Israel. Does such right of return also apply to Hindus and Sikhs who were forced out of pukistan and the people expelled as a consequence of the Beneš decrees. Does the live situation of the fencing of the Sahrawi people and their subsequent expulsion not matter because the preparators are Arabs. As a matter of fact, show me a single article condemning this fencing or demanding the repelation of the Beneš decrees, just one.

These 'liberals' are all racist hypocrites of the first order who are interested in a selective understanding of 'human rights'. To hell with them!
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Fareed:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mollick.R wrote: 13 Oct 2023 12:21
RoyG wrote: 13 Oct 2023 01:33
Emotional theatrics aside, we've had a strong partnership but we are also on opposite sides in other conflict theaters. It's a marriage of convenience for now but things can change tom.

Hearing about Indians fight for Israel is the height of the servile colonial mentality. Jews aren't flocking to fight in Kahsmir. The proper way to think about this is to let them weaken so it gives you more leverage in the partnership.
After seeing Akshrdham/ 9-11 etc etc in last 2 decade the Indians know very well how it feels to be slaughtered even in your own city. Similarly the well aware one also knows how timely Israeli help during Kargil war saved lots of Indian Blood.
You can mock it with your global gyyan of "servile colonial mentality" or whatever but average Hindus do connect with pains & sufferings of Israelis.

Mollick ji,

several Indian citizens, mostly from KER who went to syria to fight and died there, their families have been imprisoned in foreign prisons and have not been allowed to return back to India and nor have consular services been made available to them.

These are usually the sort of people who refuse to fight for India or even respect India but they have made full use of every facility in India that they can access. Exceptions may be there but that does not excuse extra territorial and misplaced loyalty that exceeds their contribution to their own homeland.

while holding Indian citizenship, if one wantonly chooses to fight for a foreign entity, then they should first kiss their gluteus maximus goodbye

But note that the Indians you are seeing online supporting Israel are those who have seen Israel extending help to India in tough times.

In India, we do not forget people who helped us in tough times and those who gave us tough times.

They provided us with stuff back in the 70s when we don't even have diplomatic relations with them, in the Kargil war they provided us with crucial tech which helped us a lot while kicking jihdis butts.

Actions should speak louder than words and they did that in the past, and no twitter exchange can change those facts.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

vimal wrote: 13 Oct 2023 06:26 Can’t help notice the difference in attitude aka complete Hypocrisy of west when it comes to Israel vs India. Forget condemnation, they don’t even issue a statement condemning their Paki munna even after repeated attacks. Blinken is in Israel with full military support while he preaches democracy to India.

Also, same South Asia groups frequently organize anti Hindu conferences and activities year round and are protected by American institutions.
How can condemnation from the West come when they are actively involved in hosting Khalistanis or propping up Pakistan. I would rather that the West suffer the same as we did and frankly, they are well on their way to endure that even. Let it happen. Let them suffer . It is inevitable in UK, Germany, Canada and US.

What is happening in Israel is deplorable. But our support ends with voicing the same. They are of little use to us in our strategic independence posture. Its a tiny country. They can add values on tech and agri but there isnt much else. And even here, we can do without if we put our minds to it.

The West can make overtures but they see us as subjects before 1947 and bailiffs or henchmen after . No thank you. And they are heading into BIG trouble in the next 3 decades when, with their current TFR, their population collapses. They cant do sh1t to us even now - and if they do , we can always ask back "You and what army?". They can make all of the jokes about our population but these stupid clowns dont understand that we can wage longer wars and put boots on the ground.

The simple fact is we are a different people. Our civilizational values are far more morally and ethically superior to any of these neanderthals including Israel. And we have deep , pent up grudges not just from 1980s and 1990s, it goes decades and event centuries earlier. And we are on our own. Whether it was after 1971, !974, 1998 or Kargil - we are on our own.
Our time to grow, get armed to the teeth, invest in our Edu, R&D, and grow the economy is now. I dont want anything to hamper that. Our per capita income is 4K USD. We should reach 15K USD in the next 10-15 years . We can keep our heads down and grow while the rest slug it out. We are independent culturally and civilizational-ly. Our military and economic might must grow to preserve our unique selves.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Aloo Matar shouting 20 yr old Chechen Islamist killed his ex teacher and knifed others at school in Arras a small town in northern France today m.

It never ends.
SivaR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SivaR »

Neela wrote: 13 Oct 2023 15:16 What is happening in Israel is deplorable. But our support ends with voicing the same. They are of little use to us in our strategic independence posture. Its a tiny country. They can add values on tech and agri but there isnt much else. And even here, we can do without if we put our minds to it.
I slightly disagree on this, Israel has got great connections with US, and they compliment us in our US relations. Also we were able to bypass many of the US sanctions in technology through Israel's help in the tough days. In the current situation, we can get anything from France/US. Still to maintain the good relationship with US, Israel's role cannot be understated. we should continue good diplomatic relationship outside the glaring public eyes. May be once we're Atmanirbhar in Tech and other fields, we can have our choices.
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

https://nypost.com/2023/10/12/iran-want ... miserably/
Ali Akbar Velayati, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s top foreign-affairs aide, told Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad in a Monday phone call that “whoever thinks they can solve their problems through normalization with the [Zionist] entity . . . should know that they are exposing the region to the dangers of their naïve plans, such as building corridors through the volatile Middle East.
The corridor Velayati considers so dangerous is the India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor, a planned intercontinental trade route that would connect India to Europe via the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Israel.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Regarding the Indian/Indian-origin students who make stupid or despicable statements in support of Hamas - please do note that many of our people underwent a Marxist phase. Some like Bhagat Singh did not get an opportunity to grow out of it. Others today, whether it be Sadhguru, or Professor Balagangadhara (much cited in J. Sai Deepak's works) grew beyond it. People outgrow their student-day idiocy. So be measured in your criticism of these students.

I'm not saying don't criticize them. But try to make it so that they grow out of their nonsense instead of being permanently crushed.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

drnayar wrote: 13 Oct 2023 12:38 More hummus updates

Apparently Paki army or more particularly the SSG was /are the main training organisation for the Hamas !..also likely specific American weapons came from Ukraine via Pakistan!..where there is a" jihad" there is a Pakistani involved.,terror capital of the world.
can you post the source on this nayarji. I would like to share the info.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Well put A_Gupta ji
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SivaR wrote: 13 Oct 2023 17:14
Neela wrote: 13 Oct 2023 15:16 What is happening in Israel is deplorable. But our support ends with voicing the same. They are of little use to us in our strategic independence posture. Its a tiny country. They can add values on tech and agri but there isnt much else. And even here, we can do without if we put our minds to it.
I slightly disagree on this, Israel has got great connections with US, and they compliment us in our US relations. Also we were able to bypass many of the US sanctions in technology through Israel's help in the tough days. In the current situation, we can get anything from France/US. Still to maintain the good relationship with US, Israel's role cannot be understated. we should continue good diplomatic relationship outside the glaring public eyes. May be once we're Atmanirbhar in Tech and other fields, we can have our choices.

Siva saar,

and yet we know how this secy of schitt behaves with India, latest example being the kaneda fiasco

The US is tight with israel, always has been, and always will be.

israel is practical and when they see that India is sometimes veering off course on the palestinian issue, they see it as more of a local political issue and not against israel's larger geopolitical or geostrategic interests. They know that India has that covered

India's quick and unequivocal support for israel seems to have caught the west and the eyeraabs by some surprise, and that essentially also caught the congis and the commies on the wrong foot. See how these two utterly confused entities have each reacted, as they scrambled in panic to protect their vote banks

BTW, the pasmanda muslims have supported Modi's stand

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 46721.html

Modi ji is on the ball, as always

Modi once fired a serving foreign secy for voting against israel in the UNGA without consulting the GoI or even the EAM, and the gaddari that she did during obumer's visit to India....again bypassing the chain of command. The lootyens wokes were gobsmacked....

Both the israelis and the amrikis noted this uncharacteristic and harsh action, one was appreciative while the other became wary as its connections to the Indian deep state were effectively called out and flagged

as far as sanctions are concerned, we have already blown well past the point of no return, and we now have to adroitly leverage our geopolitical strengths, growing economy, and geostrategic prominence to carefully pick our way through the debris of this multipolar geography to chart our own course to fulfill our supreme national interests.

we covet no one else's land or mineral wealth, or even have really serious ambitions in a multipolar arena so as to create strategic turbulence that gets in someone else's way

each of these buggers see us as a competitor and so are out to get us, so as to keep us subservient to their specific interests and leverage India's heft to their benefit

They see transactional, whereas we see multilateral cooperation

Antony Blinken Meets Benjamin Netanyahu In Israel, Says "US Will Always Be By Your Side"

Speaking in unusually personal terms, Blinken recalled how his grandfather fled anti-Semitic pogroms in Russia and his stepfather survived Nazi concentration camps.

"I come before you not only as the United States secretary of state but also as a Jew," said Blinken, who has a secular background.

"I also come before you as a husband and father of young children. It's impossible for me to look at the photos of families killed, such as the mother, father, and three small children murdered as they sheltered in their home in Kibbutz Nir Oz, and not think of my own children," he said.

Blinken promised that the Biden administration and Congress would work together to meet military requests for Israel, which enjoys wide support across party lines.

"As Israel's defence needs evolve, we will work with Congress to make sure that they're met," he said."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/israel- ... el-4475034
Last edited by chetak on 13 Oct 2023 19:55, edited 1 time in total.