Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by KLNMurthy »

Amber G. wrote: 12 Oct 2023 18:51

We have Barkha Dutt here (who might not be the most favorite person in BRF,) , even these people are getting sickened
I am pretty cynical about barkha. She is finding it easy to jump on the pro-Israel bandwagon (wonder what will happen to her op-ed opportunities in wapo etc if she came down on the other side? Even Rana Ayyub has been relatively muted, preferring the cost-free option of bashing Hindus).

Would Barkha have the same level of conviction & passion if the qatl targets were Hindus? I have to wonder.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote: 13 Oct 2023 18:28 Regarding the Indian/Indian-origin students who make stupid or despicable statements in support of Hamas - please do note that many of our people underwent a Marxist phase. Some like Bhagat Singh did not get an opportunity to grow out of it. Others today, whether it be Sadhguru, or Professor Balagangadhara (much cited in J. Sai Deepak's works) grew beyond it. People outgrow their student-day idiocy. So be measured in your criticism of these students.

I'm not saying don't criticize them. But try to make it so that they grow out of their nonsense instead of being permanently crushed.
I know what you mean about Marxist phase & outgrowing it.

But let’s not exaggerate the damage to the woke youthias of Harvard. They will be fine, after a little scare, if that.

If we are going to harden India as a target, we have to expect some youthful overenthusiastic India-bashers will be made to emit a couple of squeals of fear. How else will they learn that the nation & civilization that gave them everything is not for cheap bashing whenever they feel like they want to cosplay as the ruling class of a “real” (ie western) civilization?
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

KLNMurthy wrote: 14 Oct 2023 04:26
sanman wrote: 12 Oct 2023 20:25

What does the name of that organization even mean?

People who have a girlfriend/boyfriend going to Harvard? Plus also Sikhs going to Harvard?
Someone knowledgeable can give a better explanation, but I am guessing “companions” may refer to companions of one of the gurus or maybe “Companions of the Prophet” which is a “thing.”
Nothing like that. The naming convention is a technique used by DEI advocates to overcome charges of bias.

For example: Questions will be raised by other employees if in a large organization the organizer only invites employees of color or belonging to queer community to an evening social. So an invite like "Colleagues who identify as queer and allies/companions are cordially invited to an evening social...." is used.

The event/occasion/organization is still primarily controlled by the primary social construct and no one else usually attends.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Qatar stopping gas production for "miskeen" Palestinians?. Who is writing these jokes.
Qataris live one of the most decadent and affluent lifestyles. Why would they give up that for a bunch of lowlifes.

Did anyone see protests for Palestinians in Saudi? Or Bahrain. Or UAE? Or in Qatar? Or in Oman?

Indian Muslims protesting in New Delhi is the most cringeworthy political event. Arabs barely allow Egyptians to be counted among their peers. The social hierarchy sees Indian , Indonesian converts as the lowest. Bangladesh is even lower.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Neela wrote: 14 Oct 2023 09:41 Qatar stopping gas production for "miskeen" Palestinians?. Who is writing these jokes.
Qataris live one of the most decadent and affluent lifestyles. Why would they give up that for a bunch of lowlifes.

Did anyone see protests for Palestinians in Saudi? Or Bahrain. Or UAE? Or in Qatar? Or in Oman?

Indian Muslims protesting in New Delhi is the most cringeworthy political event. Arabs barely allow Egyptians to be counted among their peers. The social hierarchy sees Indian , Indonesian converts as the lowest. Bangladesh is even lower.
Fake news. on the other hand i am not seeing much criticism of qatar. they are the pakis of Gulf
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Neela wrote: 14 Oct 2023 09:41...
Neela ji: None of the gulf sheikdoms/monarchies allow protests & demonstrations against anybody. Whatever may be the cause. They fear these things give ideas to their own natives. The Arab public may have their own grievances against the rulers and may use the same methods against their own rulers. Who in the gulf wants that s*it? :P

I learnt this when Indian RoPers protested against CAA. In one of the gulf countries (may be Kuwait, I think). They were rounded up and promptly deported :lol: This had nothing to do with Kuwait, !$1@m, profit, breaking local laws, drugs, adultery etc.

Agree with everything else you said.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

The aftermath of Moplah massacre.
No doubt repeated in Israel.
We have our unavenged barbarism too.

Or contrast that with how 57 Kar Sevaks were burned. Did Israelis voice their sympathy? Did the West and Israel believe our tragedy or the story of the riots afterwards. ?

Doesn't the West seek to take a pompous stand and see us as a bunch of native cavemen tribes fighting each other despite fully knowing it is was the Islamic hordes against a civilizations who's thought process led the World until the 1700s? The savages in Middle East and Europe didnt know basic Math until the 1500s and had a calendar that had to be reset by making 18 days vanish.
These guys talk about Geneva convention when Tholkappiam from the Sangam age saw ordinary folk in the rice fields continuing their normal business as the Pandyas and Chola militaries fought nearby. And Drona's act on the 14th day of the war to continue to fight into the night was seen as a cheap , unethical act out of desperation - our values are far more sophisticated and we imbibe all of this implicitly. That is the cloth we are cut out of.

The West and Israel don the Judge#s mantle and spout high philosophy and see themselves as arbiters when it comes to us. Seeing us through the prism of caste , dirt and poverty and "Hindu nationalists".

Israelis are from the same Abrahamic cloth and will find support depth from the West. After all, it is same tribal internecine warfare from the desert nomads repeating ever so regularly since Solomon's times.

We needn't go overboard with our support for Israel. We need to keep our heads down, just grow economically and militarily for the next 2 decades.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

la.khan wrote: 14 Oct 2023 10:07
Neela wrote: 14 Oct 2023 09:41...
Neela ji: None of the gulf sheikdoms/monarchies allow protests & demonstrations against anybody. Whatever may be the cause. They fear these things give ideas to their own natives. The Arab public may have their own grievances against the rulers and may use the same methods against their own rulers. Who in the gulf wants that s*it? :P

I learnt this when Indian RoPers protested against CAA. In one of the gulf countries (may be Kuwait, I think). They were rounded up and promptly deported :lol: This had nothing to do with Kuwait, !$1@m, profit, breaking local laws, drugs, adultery etc.

Agree with everything else you said.
Agree. They dont allow protests. Or any overt demonstration of support. And they dont allow the Palestinians refuge either. Egypt has a wall with a bomb-proof 30cm metal plate 10m below (preventing tunnels) and concrete wall 3m above the ground along the entire Gaza border. *Even* the Egyptians dont allow Palestinians to enter.
But the Pakis, the converts from the Hindu lineage of Shahis, Paktoons (Pashtun), from Gandhara and Shakuni's lands during the Mahabharat times, protest more for their mythical "Ummah" today. This is a depraved psychological parasitic cancer of our psyche .
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

RoyG wrote: 13 Oct 2023 19:58
Mollick.R wrote: 13 Oct 2023 12:21

After seeing Akshrdham/ 9-11 etc etc in last 2 decades the Indians know very well how it feels to be slaughtered even in your own city. Similarly the well aware one also knows how timely Israeli help during Kargil war saved lots of Indian Blood.
You can mock it with your global gyyan of "servile colonial mentality" or whatever but average Hindus do connect with pains & sufferings of Israelis.
You didn't highlight "Jews aren't flocking to fight in Kashmir." This is the crux of the issue, but you are still doing emotional theatrics. Supporting your partner in an official capacity is fine so long as it supports your own interests. This can range from selling arms, supplying intelligence, troops, etc. But this PEOPLE PLEASING mentality from some of the common people to fight in a foreign land for a foreign religion is SERVILE and IDIOTIC. I don't see this mentality in ANY OTHER people and it is a COLONIAL HANG UP. Their people will support from a distance and count their Shekels. They will never volunteer to fight our battles. So yeah, go ahead and battle hamas/hezbollah while chanting jai shree ram. I'm sure the Jews will appreciate the gesture and maybe even throw in a point and stare and snicker while uttring A-Kum.
@RoyG saar
1. My reply was based on you giving / assigning The internet/ keyboard warriors who are posting in various social media fora "ready to fight for Israel" a TAG "servile colonial mentality" from your view point.

2. I think you fully or partially missed my point.

3. Yes i do observe lots of emotion & anger in youth/ mid age men with entry level education. Who do not possess intellectualism of you or many of this forum members. Those humbly educated rural or semi-rural energetic HINDU folks do not calculate geopolitics / cost benefit analysis / game theory Ityadi Ityadi while vouching "Online" support (ready to fight for Jews) to Israel.

4. You need to understand from where this sentiment is coming. Many of the Hindu folks I'm referring doesn't see it as a fighting between two Abrahamic religion saat samundar paar. They see it as an attack on a tiny nation with population 90 lakh by "Muslims", killing their adults & children in their bed room. A nation which have stood by us during difficult times (oh yes for Shekels).

5. At home front they are frustrated to see same devil ideology repeatedly doing similar massacre Kashmir & other parts of India. With cheap data, those folks now have better access to to "Real History". With awareness about riots during partition, Moplah riots etc. etc many such incidents, a reverse polarization in happening against Desert Cult.

6. Having said all those Its not like they are flocking to board flights to Tel Aviv on next sunrise, getting a Tavor & jumping on fight. Nope I don't see that happening. A good portion of our folks do have grudges against the desert cult. I think they see it more of as giving it back to "desert cult" rather than fighting for a foreign religion "Jews".

You didn't highlight "Jews aren't flocking to fight in Kashmir.
Seems you also missed this
sanjaykumar I have come across one Israeli, frequent visitor to India, who said he would die for India and also Israel.
See even for a tiny sample size of BRF circle we got a positive id.
Point is there are people & there will be people, always on both sides who will be driven by "Emotional theatrics" or have "servile colonial mentality" or "IDIOTIC" & may not be driven by cold Game Theory based calculations. Because they connect with each other due to a common threat factor.

8. My brief reading of Indian history also gives me an impression that in past so many times our kings/ Maharajahs has given "Sharan" / taken a stance due to Dharma/ Principals/ Emotions & engaged into fight with much bigger power (Adharmic s). They were also not driven by cold calculations. I hope you don’t name call them or stick tags.

9. Gist of my point is instead of quickly calling/ tagging my fellow countrymen "servile colonial mentality" , "idiotic" etc etc. I will prefer to step back & try to understand from where "reedy to fight" for Israel sentiment coming.

Jai Bajrang Bali _Ʌ_
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Mollick.R wrote: 14 Oct 2023 12:11...

3. Yes i do observe lots of emotion & anger in youth/ mid age men with entry level education. Who do not possess intellectualism of you or many of this forum members. Those humbly educated rural or semi-rural energetic HINDU folks do not calculate geopolitics / cost benefit analysis / game theory Ityadi Ityadi while vouching "Online" support (ready to fight for Jews) to Israel.
now, this conversation is between 2 posters, but this line of thinking is wrong at worst and anecdotal at best; in the battle of anecdotes, i too have stories of the commonest folk being very clear-headed with what they want to extract from any and all situations, they might not put it in parameters of game theory but they are well aware of the world to not extract meaning or gain from it. By putting forth such arguments and generalising our folk as emotionally driven individuals who cannot comprehend the wider world is no better that stating that some other exalted folk should do the thinking on behalf of the wider populace, a sentiment common among people of the colonising mindset. I have had conversations with security guards, roadside peanut sellers during the upa2 regime and they were more coherent on the ills affecting the rurban ghettoes than any self-proclaimed expert

further, you can post retards from twitter itching to die for a foreign country, i can post retards from twitter itching to defend a foreign entity, there's no objectivity in the contest
4. You need to understand from where this sentiment is coming. Many of the Hindu folks I'm referring doesn't see it as a fighting between two Abrahamic religion saat samundar paar. They see it as an attack on a tiny nation with population 90 lakh by "Muslims", killing their adults & children in their bed room. A nation which have stood by us during difficult times (oh yes for Shekels).

5. At home front they are frustrated to see same devil ideology repeatedly doing similar massacre Kashmir & other parts of India. With cheap data, those folks now have better access to to "Real History". With awareness about riots during partition, Moplah riots etc. etc many such incidents, a reverse polarization in happening against Desert Cult.

i do not deny that there is anger, but that is not a mob frenzied anger, such righteousness in cause is reserved for the free minded first worlders, the fury in our people is mostly for sticking it to the mohemmdan causes in any shape or form, very much like a grassroots khilafat of 1919 but the exact opposite
6. Having said all those Its not like they are flocking to board flights to Tel Aviv on next sunrise, getting a Tavor & jumping on fight. Nope I don't see that happening. A good portion of our folks do have grudges against the desert cult. I think they see it more of as giving it back to "desert cult" rather than fighting for a foreign religion "Jews".
no arguments on that front

the rest of your points might also be considered as anecdotes and generalisation, for every instance of mercy and fervour you put forth, there is a counter example in the universe existing who reserves the exact opposite opinion which has been exercised and documented for such history related arguments
9. Gist of my point is instead of quickly calling/ tagging my fellow countrymen "servile colonial mentality" , "idiotic" etc etc. I will prefer to step back & try to understand from where "reedy to fight" for Israel sentiment coming.

Jai Bajrang Bali _Ʌ_
many people are ready to die for israel, the evangelicals of the us who believe in the chosen people mythology, the pupils of holocaust classes from grades 1 to 15 who have imbibed a deep sense of "never again", and the hormone driven wailing banshees of twitter which contain a great majority of indians battling it out as a combination of the outlook of the other 2 classes and the itch to stick it to the mohemmedan cause, i have no quarrel with such sentiments, my only concern is that the gains for us are maximum with minimum blowback
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Atmavik wrote: 14 Oct 2023 04:09
sanman wrote: 14 Oct 2023 03:45
Sandman ji , why post such pukes? I did not watch it but 100% sure anything comming out of Karan Thappads mouth will be puke worthy

Good picture.

thappad looks positively constipated, may his prolapsed hemorrhoids continue to grow and flourish

why are all these wokes suddenly choosing to dress in t shirts
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/statu ... 9299804392
Heart wrenching tale of a father who is relived over the news of death of his 8-year-old daughter who was missing because at least she was saved from the brutality of Hamas terrorists in Gaza. This is so moving, shatters your heart.
Reminder of the horrible times we endured in times past. To see them experience a similar pain even when they hold prejudiced views like "Hindus burn their women" - what support for them should we find within ourselves here?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Neela wrote: 14 Oct 2023 10:32 Image

The aftermath of Moplah massacre.
No doubt repeated in Israel.
We have our unavenged barbarism too.

Or contrast that with how 57 Kar Sevaks were burned. Did Israelis voice their sympathy? Did the West and Israel believe our tragedy or the story of the riots afterwards. ?

Doesn't the West seek to take a pompous stand and see us as a bunch of native cavemen tribes fighting each other despite fully knowing it is was the Islamic hordes against a civilizations who's thought process led the World until the 1700s? The savages in Middle East and Europe didnt know basic Math until the 1500s and had a calendar that had to be reset by making 18 days vanish.
These guys talk about Geneva convention when Tholkappiam from the Sangam age saw ordinary folk in the rice fields continuing their normal business as the Pandyas and Chola militaries fought nearby. And Drona's act on the 14th day of the war to continue to fight into the night was seen as a cheap , unethical act out of desperation - our values are far more sophisticated and we imbibe all of this implicitly. That is the cloth we are cut out of.

The West and Israel don the Judge#s mantle and spout high philosophy and see themselves as arbiters when it comes to us. Seeing us through the prism of caste , dirt and poverty and "Hindu nationalists".

Israelis are from the same Abrahamic cloth and will find support depth from the West. After all, it is same tribal internecine warfare from the desert nomads repeating ever so regularly since Solomon's times.

We needn't go overboard with our support for Israel. We need to keep our heads down, just grow economically and militarily for the next 2 decades.

Neela ji,

plizz don't do equal equal now. godra was the past, gaza is the here and now present

Times, circumstances, situations, and geopolitics have all changed, with updated alliances and evolved threats that have foregrounded today, not to forget the growing economy and the risks to it.

No one knew Modi before godra, but today the same Modi is a globally known figure and the one with the best and highest approval ratings in the world. His opinion, when stated, often makes headlines

israelis are undoubtedly cut from the same abrahamic cloth but for us in India there is one vital difference. They do not hate Hindus as part of their national or religious outlook, they do not proselytize and their people do not preach to us about their superiority, moral or otherwise

We feed off each other for different reasons. Our reasons are mostly tangible and their reasons are mostly intangible, making for a happy collaboration on a host of issues, and business wise they do drive a hard bargain, as indeed does India.

Their help in the past has been unstinted and very generous. Often offered even before a request has been made. We cannot forget and the time for repayment is now

That said, we have gained enormous goodwill in supporting them, and they are not a people to forget nor not appreciate our strategic stance.

and finally, on the threats that they face, only they understand the true dimensions of it.. and it is pointless for anyone to opine on their solutions because their situation is truly unique...and that threat is existential, and manifests in every single breath that their many enemies draw...

Hence the need to cut them some slack
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

mehdi the desi jihadi's take:

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

chetak
israelis are undoubtedly cut from the same abrahamic cloth but for us in India there is one vital difference. They do not hate Hindus as part of their national or religious outlook, they do not proselytize and their people do not preach to us about their superiority, moral or otherwise

We feed off each other for different reasons. Our reasons are mostly tangible and their reasons are mostly intangible, making for a happy collaboration on a host of issues, and business wise they do drive a hard bargain, as indeed does India.
Their help in the past has been unstinted and very generous. Often offered even before a request has been made. We cannot forget and the time for repayment is now

That said, we have gained enormous goodwill in supporting them, and they are not a people to forget nor not appreciate our strategic stance.

and finally, on the threats that they face, only they understand the true dimensions of it.. and it is pointless for anyone to opine on their solutions because their situation is truly unique...and that threat is existential, and manifests in every single breath that their many enemies draw...

Hence the need to cut them some slack

+11
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Looki like Gaza is well stocked with petrol and diesel
Why I say this: look at the vehicular movement rubble clearing machinery diesel generators (as no power supply) generators for pumping water (see water cannon for putting out flames) Hospitals working ambulances rushing around
Food probably stocked as well???
So this request for corridor as for replenishing war materials???
Have Hamas achieved the objective of bringing Palestine back onto world stage??
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Israel will need to drag this for more than 15 days, but keeping the threat of a daily invasion, 24*7 drone coverage with artillery and airforce bombing. They must trigger false alarms so fatigue will get to Hamas. Hamas and it's worldwide supporters want to avoid this.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

1937: Arabs reject the Peel Commission to create a Jewish and Arab state.
1947: Arabs reject the UN partition plan to create a Jewish and Arab state. Wage war against the new nation of Israel. Lose more land than the partition gave them.
1967: Israel wins yet another war against its Arab neighbors, conquering Gaza, the West Bank and Sinai in a defensive war. The Arab League declares the "three no's": No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel. Israel voluntarily hands control of the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism back to the Islamic Waqf, and made it illegal for Jews to pray there.
1979: Israel voluntarily hands the Sinai back to Egypt, returning land conquered in a defensive war.
1993: Israel recognizes the sovereignty of the Palestinian Authority over the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the Oslo Accords. Yasser Arafat uses it to support terrorism.
2000: Israel offers Yasser Arafat recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital. Arafat rejects it and launches the Second Intifada.
2005: Israel pulls out of the Gaza Strip, dismantles all its settlements, and forces Jews to leave their homes. Palestinians respond by electing Hamas who turn it into a terror state.
2008: Israel offers Mahmoud Abbas once again recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital and even offered to dismantle all their settlements. And once again, the Palestinians reject it.
2010-2021: Hamas launches periodic rocket attacks against the state of Israel and builds terror tunnels in order to kidnap and murder Jews while using the people of Gaza as human shields against the IDF.
2023: Hamas commits the worst act of mass murder against Jews since the Holocaust.

Courtesy X
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status ... 01179?s=35
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

This gentleman's 2-3 videos i stumbled upon some 3 years ago i.e within months of him posting the videos & at that time he had much lower subscribers for his YT channel.

The guy is Tourist guide & MA in Israeli History.

Loved the videos too much. Several argument points were eye opening even for me.
When ever some woke or semi woke youngsters from my extended family says Israrel is this , Palis are that....I simply post those 2-3 of his videos & ask them to come up with reply/ counter arguments.

It always works.....

Must Watch Videos

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile an article in Fortune: Israel’s war against Hamas roils Harvard as students, billionaires, and faculty accuse each other of anti-Semitism and McCarthyism

Recent events highlighted longstanding anti-Hindu, anti-American policies (and looking the other way, even incases where it should act).

My biggest disappointment in all this is ⁦Harvard leadership. They acquiesced through their silence and delayed condemnation. Unfortunately, universities across the U.S. have equivocated on this issue. Lack of moral compass is shocking!

Mood in many of us is - this is serious, we should act - no longer giving a free pass to these institutions.. (Many of us supported these institutions in the past and still supporting it - with money etc - needs to take a second look.

Not surprising these culprits are same who encourage anti-India activities.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Now from Yale Daily News: !!!
Petition to oust pro-Palestine professor for ‘promoting lies and violence’ gains 25,000 signatures in just over a day
A Tuesday petition calling for Yale to fire professor Zareena Grewal has amassed over 25,000 signatures.

The petition, titled “Remove Zareena Grewal from the Yale Faculty for Promoting LIES and VIOLENCE,” cites a series of tweets by Grewal about the war in Israel and Gaza. At the top of the petition is a screenshot of a tweet that Grewal posted the morning of Saturday, Oct. 7, following militant group Hamas’s surprise attack on Israel and subsequent retaliatory airstrikes on Gaza.
--- Some tidbit: Interestingly the prof who made the post is a Pakistani Punjabi whose country fitting zia up haq time acted as mercenaries to Jordon to murder atleast 5000 Palestinians.

Grewal — a professor of American Studies, of Ethnicity, Race, and Migration and of Religious Studies Her account on X is now private :(( From what I know she is a tenured professor (which means per Yale's policy, she can't be fired without a direct cause.)
Last edited by Amber G. on 14 Oct 2023 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

> Mood in many of us is - this is serious, we should act - no longer giving a free pass to these institutions.. (Many of us supported these institutions in the past and still supporting it - with money etc - needs to take a second look.

Rajiv Malhotra has been raising the alarm about Harvard for quite a while now.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like Indian HNI folks like Mahindra, Mittal etc. continue to support Harvard financially unknowingly or intentionally in spite of their anti-India/anti-Hindu stands.

Issue is that many in India tends to associate Harvard or many Ivy League Universities to their excellent STEM departments (which is true) and think that these Indian or Indian-origin billionaires might be actually funding a STEM dept. but not so useful departments like Humanities etc., which tend to produce Anti-India garbage. I hope there will be increased scrutiny of the associations of these billionaires with these institutions.

Sorry for the OT.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Zynda wrote: 14 Oct 2023 20:47 It seems like Indian HNI folks like Mahindra, Mittal etc. continue to support Harvard financially unknowingly or intentionally in spite of their anti-India/anti-Hindu stands.

... I hope there will be increased scrutiny of the associations of these billionaires with these institutions.

Also.. (IMO) Even more critical is is to start in India too.. JMI larpers are allowed literal Hamas cosplays in the middle of a tender geopolitical situation in India ... whereas BHU students have to fight their VC for permission to play Holi on campus.

Shocking. Open support to terror and massacre in Delhi’s Jamia Milia Islamia today. Students wearing ‘With Hamas’ badge on head. Raise slogans of Intifada Inquilab. Visuals verified ... I repeat - ‘With Hamas’

And -Jamia Millia Islamia Students Sport ‘With Hamas’ Badge At Anti-Israel Rally

Apart from just blaming "West".. India itself must pay attention.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Zynda wrote: 14 Oct 2023 20:47 It seems like Indian HNI folks like Mahindra, Mittal etc. continue to support Harvard financially unknowingly or intentionally in spite of their anti-India/anti-Hindu stands.

I do not consider it OT. My opinion.

These Bharatiya billionaires have stated that such "investments" are "strategic".

After much grinding of my teeth, I am coming around to believe them. I think Modi is part of this party - in that (IMO) it is part of THIS GoI strategy.

I would urge people to track which Indian billionaire is buying a global company AND is working with GoI to change pertinent Bharatiya laws within Bharat.

Connect the dots. Individually the picture will NEVER be revealed.

Harvard is irrelevant, but a player - like a clown in a serious drama.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Two nations that are behind the current Islamic jihad (hamas, hezbollah, etc) network are Iran and China, the others are minor players like Turkey, Lebanon, Pukes, etc. Iran's foreign minister is meeting all the heads of Jihadi network. China has already made a statement that they are with Palestine and one person from Israeli foreign office in China was stabbed. Barack Hussein Obama propped up Iran (removed sanctions and made the nuclear deal) and China during his reign as US president. Iran is very close to high grade weapons grade uranium. China has its barking dog in North Korea which threatens the world with lobbing a nuclear weapon. The Jihadi network has declared war on Israel Jews and the world's Christians. Some jihadi nutcases are threatening the US, including taking out their aircraft carriers (which is very difficult).

I see all the ingredients stacked up against Iran. The US has many bases surrounding Iran and if they decide to act then within a day they can clean out Iran. Of course Israel with be right there with them. China is breathing a sigh of relief that the focus has shifted to the middle east. Russia also gets a breather from Ukraine focus.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

+ Airstrikes killed 2 senior Hamas commanders: Israeli army

+ IDF allows safe passage for Gazans to leave northern Gaza
Link <Video> :https://twitter.com/i/status/1713212628582187196

Sri Lankan President proposes a four-state solution involving Israel, Palestine, Gaza, and Lebanon.
(Link: https://pmd.gov.lk/news/president-ranil ... -conflict/

Security for Israel missions, Diplomats increased in India
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Amber G. wrote: 14 Oct 2023 22:49 + Airstrikes killed 2 senior Hamas commanders: Israeli army

+ IDF allows safe passage for Gazans to leave northern Gaza
Link <Video> :https://twitter.com/i/status/1713212628582187196

Sri Lankan President proposes a four-state solution involving Israel, Palestine, Gaza, and Lebanon.
(Link: https://pmd.gov.lk/news/president-ranil ... -conflict/

Security for Israel missions, Diplomats increased in India
Until the word "Kafir" is banished - by the Muslims - into oblivion, all such proposals are useless.

Hamas is not trying to defeat Israel. Israel is just the first step for Hamas.

To solve this problem MUSLIMS have to go into their mosques and do whatever, to re-write one of many Korans (there are some 300 versions of the Koran, and the one accepted today (Huff?) is supposed to be one the most controversial by Islamic standards).

There is no other option. The Koran has to be rewritten (as it has been in the past).

I was planning on posting TWO major, seminal events that have occurred (G-20 is a bacha party). So, let me post here, without much thought.

The two events are:

1) Saudi Arabia willing to scrub the Koran of any reference to "Jews", etc. Please search and educate self.

This essentially means the demise of the word "Kufir" and therefore the end of Islam as a superior theology.

Bharatiyas NEED to force this issue. There is nothing called politically correct. No word "Islamaphobic".

No fear.

Please discuss (in another thread).

2) At the state visit of MBS, Bharat, and Saudi Arabia agreed to promote cooperation between their archeological departments!!!

जी हाँ

Now imagine - IMO a very high probability - we find a Shiv Ling in SA archives.

I am proposing that IF they find a Shiv Ling in SA Harvard will close.

:)

Go get a nice wine and enjoy.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

NRao wrote:Hamas is not trying to defeat Israel
Niranjan saar, Correct. There is more to their charter. They consider Israel to be holy muslim land. The clerics made up a story that PBUH prophet ascended to Allah at Jerusalem (Al Haqsa mosque) 200 years after death of PBUH. This place is now holy to the Jews, Christians and Islam (inserted quite recently). The Hamas is therefore justified in vacating the infidels. When the Palestines are not welcome in Egypt, Jordan nor any other Arab nation, tis very presumptuous of Hamas to be the bearer of Islam - very Paki behaviour indeed.

Shiv Ling in SA is quite ostensible, we have the Kaabha of Mecca and there are old pictures of brass utensils hanging from the ceiling dripping water (on what?). I have seen such old pictures. Remember the parents of prophet (if he is true according to Quran) were pagan worshippers. The ancient black meteorite stone at kaabha went missing and was replaced with some other stone later on. Ancient black meteorite stone were worshipped by Hindus as Shiv Lingam. The black Shiva Lingam meteorite stone delivered Tvasta (seed) to planet earth, in the form of the double helix coiled serpents which cannot be destroyed, as mentioned in Rig Veda and gave life in living creatures. Marthanda is the physically deformed cast away son of Nebula, Aditi. Meteorites rained from marthanda on earth 65 millions years ago.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

NRaoji
Yes even the so called ‘Revealed Religions’ aka Abhramic Religions need eventual evolution
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

SRajesh wrote: 15 Oct 2023 00:52 NRaoji
Yes even the so called ‘Revealed Religions’ aka Abhramic Religions need eventual evolution
MEGA OT. Admins please free to intervene. This discussion could belong to another thread on BR. And, that is fine.

"They" have accepted, IMO, 2 of 4 (actually 5) truisms.

1) The earth is NOT Flat
2) The Earth is not the center of the universe (heliocentricity)

Both IMO attributable to Shri Aryabhatta (1000 years before Abrahamics?)

They have yet to accept:

3) Rebirth!!!

Sanatanis claim the "atman" is you, and the body is a vehicle. Abrahamics claims the body is you and the "soul" is a vehicle.

Of course, if the body is "you", once death occurs, how can "you" have another experience? Not possible. No "rebirth". Only when "you" are the Atman can rebirth be possible.

4) "Heaven" (swarga) is NOT the destination

"Heaven" (Swarga) is constrained by time AND space.

No harm if one wants to go there (and enjoy 72 houris, no problem, enjoy them. Single malt). The issue is ANY experience ("Heaven"/"Janat") is not permanent. It ends. So, the question is what happens after one enters Hevean/Janat/Swarg? The answer, per Sanatani, is "rebirth".

"Heaven", "earth", and "hell" are time/space bound.

"Moksha" is to escape "time"/"space".

Sanatani destination/aim is BEYOND swarg/Heaven/Janat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abrahamics are time/space bound.

Sanatani - by definition, is within that word - is "no start, no end"
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

NRaoji
Concept of Heaven and Houris later modifications of Xtians and Peaceful
Jewish concept is body turns to dust and the spirit after period of purification returns to the maker or Eden
Resurrection in Xtian and heaven
Peacefuls added 72 for forever fun
Mods if clogging the thread please delete
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Interesting data points.
11:30 day of uh I would say with the authorities dreaded because a call was given out that they should come out
11:36 after the Friday perod to express solidarity with Palestine a similar high alert went in different cities in India
11:42 too because we also feel that this could be used by local
11:47 elements elements who who are not any way connected with uh whatever is happening in West Asia but would rather
11:55 again try to mobilize uh sections of the minority population rather the Muslim population to see that if there can be a
12:02 shine B {Shaheen Baug} kind of thing with the target being the government of India and the prime minister so our our security uh
12:09 agencies have been you know on their toes bearing one or two incidents in
12:16 Kashmir largely one can see that the the clergy in India has also been engaged by
12:23 authorities as to ensure that uh their places of worship is not turned into a
12:30 some kind of a rallying and open rallying point for terrorist groups like Hamas
but we have heard reports about uh
12:38 some uh uh show of support for the mass in places like alard or even in some
12:46 universities that is something that is engaging the authorities attention the idea is that this should not be allowed
12:54 to be used to some kind of you know uh regrouping of forces inimical to India
13:01 which are in India be it you know Jihadi elements or be it islamist groups or be
13:08 it groups like the band uh uh PFI and because one can see that they
13:16 they sense a sort of a an opportunity in this new crisis that has engulfed West
13:21 Asia and that is worrying everybody I mean as to because we are going to see Festival season beginning with
13:29 dashar rather the navaratri starting from uh from Sunday and in different
13:35 parts of India in a mood of Celebration and religious fervor and that calls for
13:40 a greater vigil by our security officials I mean particularly in cities like Delhi Mumbai Bangalore Hyderabad