Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: Hamas attack.on Israel. Oct 2023

Post by sanman »

This is a really sh!tty war

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Prof John Mearsheimer - quite a knowledgeable guy - a realist:

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

hgupta wrote: 26 Oct 2023 08:20 I think Modi should strongly condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization and compare Hamas to LeT as terrorist organizations and put Rahul Gandhi on the spot for even thinking of Hamas as a freedom fighter organization.
I think we shouldn’t give away anything for free.

We already denounced any and all terrorist acts and are standing with Israel. That’s more than any European country, and as much as the US.

If they want more, let Israel and world Jewry publicly acknowledge the sanctity of the Hindu Swastika, and let them push back against Jewish writers and media figures spreading Islamist lies against India.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Seeing the hamas attack and the sheer celebration of it among Palestinians and their supporters worldwide, I have changed my mind about the nature of this conflict & its solution.

IMO:

The root cause of this conflict is that the Palestinians have shown an incapacity to digest the fact that they were defeated, and their land taken, by the Jews of all people.

If, instead of Jews, the ottoman sultan has grabbed their land and awarded it to some random sect of Muslims, the dispossessed Palestinians would have stewed for some time but eventually got over it, and moved on to rebuild their lives, like the Hindus did at Partition.

But the Jews are supposed to be weak dhimmies who survived at the mercy of the mighty Muslims. When such people beat you black & blue and take over your lands, the massive cognitive dissonance has made it impossible for them to accept defeat and make a deal.

They were offered many deals since 1967, in exchange for giving up enmity with Jews. But they couldn’t accept any such deal because it would be too humiliating to feel that they “surrendered” to the Jews.

I bet that if today, they swore a holy oath of friendship with Jews, and then asked for compensation for the lands that were taken from them, they would get that, and they would be able to build prosperous lives for their people.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

UN General Assembly adopts Gaza resolution calling for immediate and sustained ‘humanitarian truce’

Have to say that I'm not convinced of the wisdom of a ground invasion when hostages are in play. Unless there has been a foregone conclusion that the odds of securing a rescue of the hostages is low. A ground invasion very much has the smell of Israel playing into Hamas's hand.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Elmer Yuen chat in PGuru's Sree Iyer take on:

China's role in Israel-Hamas conflict - Qatar, China. How is Qatar managing to dance simultaneously with China and the US? Where is this tango headed? What is China's role in this and in arming Iran, Russia & Pakistan?

Li Keqiang, 68 yrs, dies of a heart attack, in a swimming pool. Is Hu Jintao next? What about the Zhang Jia Ming family?

According to Yuen, China has lost all the money it made in the last 40 yrs within the last 5 yrs.
50% of china is unemployed, most chinese have lost 50% of their assets (major one is real estate), all the foreigners have withdrawn their capital from China. China is lying about their GDP and their population numbers.

Zhang Jia Ming (Jiang Zemin's grandson) has run away to Singapore with around $ 1 T money. Apparently his family in Shanghai has a huge amount of assets in China.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Shashi Tharoor running afoul of India's Lefist-Islamist establishment by calling a spade a spade:

Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

KLNMurthy wrote: 28 Oct 2023 03:31

We already denounced any and all terrorist acts and are standing with Israel. That’s more than any European country, and as much as the US.

If you look at the government statements some three weeks ago, practically all the Western European governments have done exactly that. I live in the UK, and I know that its government have condemned the Hamas action and supported Israel. In fact Hamas is listed as a terrorist organisation in the UK. The woke BBC however calls it a "Militant" organisation
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vera_k wrote: 28 Oct 2023 05:48 UN General Assembly adopts Gaza resolution calling for immediate and sustained ‘humanitarian truce’

Have to say that I'm not convinced of the wisdom of a ground invasion when hostages are in play. Unless there has been a foregone conclusion that the odds of securing a rescue of the hostages is low. A ground invasion very much has the smell of Israel playing into Hamas's hand.
India abstained. That is the important news for BRF.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

sanman wrote: 28 Oct 2023 16:14 Shashi Tharoor running afoul of India's Lefist-Islamist establishment by calling a spade a spade:

[youtube]N7o0uVrJQsQ[/youtube
Shampoo boy has aspirations to be presidente :mrgreen:
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Sumit Peer • US being dragged into the conflict: Trouble for Iran • Hamas HQ under a hospital.

Negotations to free the hostages from Hamas have broken down and Israel has now launched a full scale air assault. 50 israeli hostages are dead. The 150 remain with Hamas, whose condition is unknown.

Every home in Gaza has a weapon to shoot Israelis.

Heavy fighting reported in Syria, where the US has claimed that it now controls the biggest oil field of Syria.

Brand America (Starbucks, etc) is taking a beating around the Muslim countries in Middle East.

Humanitarian aid is letting in weapons into Gaza.

The borders around POK are being bombarded by Puki Rangers against Border org of India. Fires are being started everywhere - China's desire.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

A number of CS and Math researchers have signed a petition to release children taken as hostages by Hamas.

Interesting to see many well-known mathematicians and scientists's signature :!:
Many fields Medalist, Nobel Prize winners, ACM, Clay etc...
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Bala ji
Agree that negotiations have failed
Looks like the time for visiting dignitaries to Israel are over
Blinken warning to Qatar/Al Hijda to tone down denotes waning Qatari influence
Timing of the death sentence to Indian Naval men also denotes this
Peaceful and woke introduction of resolution in UN our abstaining along with some of the western countries shows lines are being drawn
My only concern is terror activities taking off in India given Burnol movement of our peacefuls
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

bala wrote: 28 Oct 2023 20:45 The borders around POK are being bombarded by Puki Rangers against Border org of India. Fires are being started everywhere - China's desire.
That's why we need to do Pokhran-3: start one fire that China will not like at all. China would then need American help in regards to that, which Americans would then demand a price for.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I think India should at some point declare Hamas to be a terrorist organization, so that

(a) material support to Hamas from India becomes a prosecutable crime;
(b) India gains support in FATF to condemn Canada;
(c) send the right signal to Qatar that they cannot extort from India withdrawal of support for Israel.

When should India do this? IMO, that is the key point; I am sure GoI can time it for maximum effect.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

sanman wrote: 28 Oct 2023 21:46 That's why we need to do Pokhran-3: start one fire that China will not like at all. China would then need American help in regards to that, which Americans would then demand a price for.
Pokran-3 is independent of China or others. The timing of this India will decide on its own.

China is facing all kinds of other issues. Foxconn will exit China and 5 million jobs are poof, 80 B investment withdrawn, 50% of chinese are without employment and are burning their savings. Emperor Eleven is facing open rebellion. Israel fully understands that China funded and weaponized Hamas.

India can openly now go after the Pukes - by instigating denizens in POK-gilgit, Sindh, Baluchistan to secede from the PakJabi Army. Time for India to wrest POK away from Pukes and insist Sindh, Baluchistan for self rule, best for India for them to be self ruled since there is no migration of refugees. Maybe provide them a military guarantee against the PakJabi Army and effectively make them part of the greater Bharat. Even Nepal should be given the offer and that they be independent and have military guarantee with India. India can offer UPI/5G/digital infra and Indian Rupee to the protectorate nations of Sindh, Baluchistan, Nepal, etc.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/stat ... 132885246

English translation of interview in the tweet. Good articulation of why we should stop thinking of action-reaction cycle.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5GRHi0K_4
‘Kill men, capture women’: Interrogation Video of 6 Hamas terrorists who invaded Israel on Oct 7
Gautam
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Plenty of geopolitical eggsperts are recommending Israel to show restraint and negotiate for hostage/prisoner swap. This is their 9/11 if not much worse. Israel has to do what US did after 9/11 no room for negotiation
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Here is a person with clarity of thought

US Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says, "I would love nothing more than the IDF to put the heads of the top 100 Hamas leaders on stakes and line them up on the Gaza- Israel border."

https://x.com/adityarajkaul/status/1718 ... 19533?s=46
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Atmavik wrote: 29 Oct 2023 03:32 Here is a person with clarity of thought

US Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says, "I would love nothing more than the IDF to put the heads of the top 100 Hamas leaders on stakes and line them up on the Gaza- Israel border."

https://x.com/adityarajkaul/status/1718 ... 19533?s=46
It might make you feel good but this puts a crosshairs on sanatanis everywhere including a large diaspora in ME. This is perfect example of “begani shaadi me Abdullah dewaane”. We have little influence or power to defend our own interests in the region and import everything thanks to our corrupt system and think of global domination. These stupid Kashmiri Pandit Aditya raj kaul should go to Kashmir and fight for Hindus instead of spewing nonsense sitting in the comfort of his AC. Same for Ramaswamy dude, walking talking slimy Chat GTP.
Last edited by vimal on 29 Oct 2023 07:14, edited 4 times in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Mr. Vivek Ramaswamy wants the IDF to do A, B and C; but he opposes the US sending any aid to Israel. So he won't put any money where his mouth is.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

A_Gupta wrote: 29 Oct 2023 04:11 Mr. Vivek Ramaswamy wants the IDF to do A, B and C; but he opposes the US sending any aid to Israel. So he won't put any money where his mouth is.
Agreed, he is being a hypocrite here; and I say this while still being a supporter of VR. :cry:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

And right on que serial blasts in Kerala
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^ Four blasts in Kerala

Four coordinated blasts rock Kerala where Jews live in Kalamassery

This comes day after Former Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal surfaced in Kerala to make virtual address ata pro-Palestine rally in Malappuram
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: Many countries have brought their aircraft carriers into the Eastern Mediterranean to show off their strength.
Turkey decided to join them with its own ship that looks like a floating shipping container.

Photo A: American carrier.

Photo B: Turkish homemade carrier.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

thats the TCG Anadolu ., Juan Carlos I-class amphibious assault ship & V/STOL "aircraft carrier" absolutely no comparison with the American super carrier !!
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

serial blasts in Kerala
No other country is so silly to become so emotional for a distant cause than India and cause such public destruction. The Palestines care two hoots about India, in fact they would cheer if Islamic forces were to invade India. I am excluding all the nations being subject to this madness due to immigration and of course the Arab world too.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I never thought life would get so interesting in my lifetime. Are we witnessing, in a few months or perhaps years, the recreation of 1000s of years worth of history?

Erdogan's 'crescent-crusader' remark prompts Israel to pull diplomats from Turkiye
Israel said it was recalling its diplomatic representatives from Turkiye after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan attacked the Israeli military and accused its Western allies of pitting Christians and Muslims against one another.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Merkavas with cope cage in Gaza beach.

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Atmavik wrote: 30 Oct 2023 02:04 Merkavas with cope cage in Gaza beach.
what's a cope cage?
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

sanman wrote: 30 Oct 2023 02:49
Atmavik wrote: 30 Oct 2023 02:04 Merkavas with cope cage in Gaza beach.
what's a cope cage?
To mitigate drone dropped munitions. Its like a wedding shamiana :D erected on top of the tank except its a metal mesh instead of the colourful tarps used in the wedding shamiana.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

"Overnight Netanyahu tweeted explicitly blaming the country’s intelligence chiefs for failing to prevent the October 7th massacres. The response to this was so overwhelming that Netanyahu was compelled to delete the tweet and publicly apologize."

via https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/pa ... at-the-top
AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Netanyahu is trying to shift blame from his role in the security lapses that led to Oct 07 (and the rise of Hamas) while at the same time figuring out how he can best use this escalation to his political advantage and stay in power as long as possible.

However in this particular situation I don't think he can pull his Phoenix act one more time, His approval ratings are extremely poor and his foreign allies are losing patience w him
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

bala wrote: 29 Oct 2023 21:51
serial blasts in Kerala
No other country is so silly to become so emotional for a distant cause than India and cause such public destruction.
I hope your criticism is directed at the perpetrators of this blast and not at the many Indian citizens who publicly expressed verbal support for Israel. If this seems a dumb question, I'm sorry, but your post is a little ambiguous as to who you blame for this latest development.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Roop wrote:I hope your criticism is directed at the perpetrators of this blast
Yes, Roop ji this part is true and not the rest. Angrez is an ambiguous language compared to Sanskrit! My thought is people in India get agitated about a distant land and then burn Indian public assets. Advice to the agitators: This is rather silly, just voice your opinion and move on.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

SRajesh wrote:And right on que serial blasts in Kerala
Amber G. wrote:Four coordinated blasts rock Kerala where Jews live in Kalamassery
Some corrections. The serial blasts all happened within a single convention hall. There are pretty much no Jews left in Kochi or in Kalamassery. The blasts happened during a prayer convention of the Jehovah's witnesses an X'ian sect/group. This group also does convert people from other faith (and from other sects of X'ians). One person has confessed for conducting the blast and he is an X'ian (going by the name). But there are off course lot of open questions.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

sanman wrote: 30 Oct 2023 02:50
What about Pakistan the original Sin of Usurping Hindu Lands and Genociding them.