Assembly Elections - 2022 & 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Assembly Elections - 2022 & 2023

Post by chetak »

SRajesh wrote: 06 Dec 2023 12:25 The 'Burnol' ads on the Wire/Print/and the rest of the independent media is pure joy to read and listen, especially Thappad/Siddarth/Begum etc.
And R Guha claiming that BJP is destroying the nation for generations to come.
Per him the best governments at the centre both in terms of secularism and growth was when there were Kichadi Governments yes Kichadi governments at the centre!!

Rajesh ji,

That way every one had full access to all they could grab from the public trough and the BIF had full control through "democratic" and unelected façade of an NGO like the NAC led by a BIF controlled abrahamic mafia queen with absolutely no responsibility to any constitutional institution in independent India

awards and financial largesse would flow to the wokes, including choice appointments in academia and luxurious residences in lootyens dilli

the goras would give anything to have such an India once again, where they could buy / engineer their own unequal playing fields to do what the colonial jihadis and the equally rapacious britshits very successfully did for so very long

guha has been unsuccessfully angling for a RS seat for quite sometime now, and his ever increasing venom is evident in his extreme frustration at being denied what he thinks is his entitlement, just like some phata pyjama abdool called yadav, who comes so often on teevee, masquerading as a public "intellectual" which is very similar to the concept of a public toilet and is just as malodorous

their fear is that the drought and famine will continue indefinitely if the Modi govt came to power again is palpable.

Can one imaging how many commies, wokes, and darbaris in RAJ, MP, and CG will be out on their bony @$$e$ when the new govts take over
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@prasannavishy

Once caught red-handed by Anti-Corruption Bureau for bribing Rs 50 lakhs to a legislator and imprisoned, to now elected as the new Congress CM of Telangana, the meteoric rise of Revanth Reddy
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Chetakji
He was actually talking of the earlier Kichadi gobermints of VP Singh/Chandrasekhar/PVN(not so kichadi except for vote for cash)/Gowda/part Atalji/IK Gujral yada yada
As you rightly said every piggy had its snought in the collective trough so to speak.
I remember a line from Ram Teri Ganga Maili :
Raza Murad saying: Yeh to bahti ganga hain jitne chahiye dubki lagaa lo!! :lol:
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

For once we have a reasonable discussion from a US/NRI group. Is this a sign that they have recognised that just anti Modi rhetoric won't cut it anymore?

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

West is shocked at the 3 state victory and the margins. Except for Himachal Pradesh Congress is out of North
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Ramana Ji: Congress is down but not out. Their vote share was more or less intact in all 3 states. See my post in the other thread:

viewtopic.php?p=2609189#p2609189
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prem Kumar wrote: 10 Dec 2023 23:09 Ramana Ji: Congress is down but not out. Their vote share was more or less intact in all 3 states. See my post in the other thread:

Prem Kumar ji,

shouldn't the comparison be between vote shares for the LS elections (even corelating past LS elections vote shares for these two parties may give an apple to apple comparison and make for a better fit) as people usually tend to have different priorities for the LS and the state elections
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Prem Kumar wrote: 10 Dec 2023 23:09 Ramana Ji: Congress is down but not out. Their vote share was more or less intact in all 3 states. See my post in the other thread:

Shocking reading. It appears that only distribution within seats got the BJP elected, else numbers are basically even! 9+ years at the centre and this is what the street thinks. Disappointing, really disappointing. How to translate an India without Modi?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

chetak wrote: 10 Dec 2023 23:35

Prem Kumar ji,

shouldn't the comparison be between vote shares for the LS elections (even corelating past LS elections vote shares for these two parties may give an apple to apple comparison and make for a better fit) as people usually tend to have different priorities for the LS and the state elections
Chetak: I was comparing only Assembly Elections 2018 vs 2023 (though my post was in the 2024 Elections thread). My point was that Congress is strong in all 3 states and it has maintained its 2018 vote-share even now. Modi Ji brought the X factor. In the 3-1 win euphoria, we shouldn't forget how entrenched the enemy is

Yes Lisa: it can make for depressing reading. The 1 Crore homes under PMAY, Jal-Jeevan, LPG, Toilets etc etc - but the Congress vote-block remains untouched. Granted that LS elections are a different ballgame but still these are strong BJP states. I'd have expected a better showing from the State BJP outfits in eating into the Congress vote. But they have not been able to. They have only grown at others' expense
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I hear the new Cong Govt in Telangana has changed the top bureaucrats heading EVERY state run PSU. So the loot begins...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote: 11 Dec 2023 16:01 I hear the new Cong Govt in Telangana has changed the top bureaucrats heading EVERY state run PSU. So the loot begins...

Cyrano ji,

नया दौर

वही इरादा

नया दरवाजा

camouflaged as the same old same old मोहब्बत की दुकान

win or lose, pappu needs the moolah to partay
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Cyrano wrote: 11 Dec 2023 16:01 I hear the new Cong Govt in Telangana has changed the top bureaucrats heading EVERY state run PSU. So the loot begins...
We need citizens to file ROI and FIR for malfeasance and interfering with the lawful conduct of duties or something to that effect. Bring the Telegana gov't to a standstill. Put them under a huge microscope. Air every dirty laundry.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thats what I expect BJP to do with its organisation and resources. Citizens and netizens are mostly keyboard warriors fighting WhatsApp battles and X/Teetar wars saar.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Three states with three new faces
All central ministers and MP's who stood for elections not selected.
They have resigned from Lok Sabha as well.
The reason ?? was to better organise and win the elections: Why?? local factionalism, unpopular local leader, anti-incumbency??
Looks like Raman Singh/Mama/Raje all sidelined.
They are not old enoubh to be elevated to M M!!
Or this the initial gambit of the new Chaturvarna as per NaMo??
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I think mamaji will come to center as agriculture minister. There is a lot of vested interests in MP. They have to be. Cleaned up
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

I think that these selections are taken keeping in view the 28-29 election years, modi would most likely be on his way out by then and so I believe that they are hoping to set the cadre and machinery in order by then, it's also possible that the 29 ls elections be one with delimited seats and as such, the part has started the 1cm+2 deputy cm formula not only for caste consideration but also expecting complexity moving forward

As for the previous, Raman Singh is the new speaker of cg, he is in his early 70s, by the time this term ends, he would have crossed the 75 years mark, mama to centre, vs scindia probably as governor
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Scindia has done a great job. He should fix aviation sector and complete overhaul
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rajasthan's new CM is Bhajan Lal Sharma, first-time BJP MLA from Sanganer

Bramhin CM in Rajasthan after 50 Years

No Caste Left Behind.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/politics/rajas ... 546281.htm

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@MahuaMoitra served notice to leave her lavish parliamentary bungalow!

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/m ... 2023-12-12

Dec 12

Days after the Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra was expelled from the Lok Sabha over cash-for-query allegations, the Housing Committee of Parliament wrote to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to direct the TMC leader to vacate her official bungalow.

Moitra was expelled from the Lok Sabha on December 8 after the House adopted the report of its Ethics Committee that held her guilty of accepting gifts and illegal gratification from a businessman to ask questions in the parliament.
Game, set, and match
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via@Isriramseshadri

Aadhar bill - upheld by SC
Demonetisation - upheld by SC
Ayodhya issue - settled by SC
Rafale scam acquisition by opposition - SC didn’t find any wrongdoing
Abrogation of article 370 - upheld by SC

Listing just a few, every time GoI under Modi takes a nationalistic decision, the liberal lefts, motivated individuals approach SC and each time SC upholds and stands by the government.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Adani allegations as well were dismissed by SC.
Gay Marriage petition was sent to trishanku.

I'd take the current over his predecessor any day.
Enjoy the Mohini Attam show.
Kedar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kedar »

Cyrano wrote: 12 Dec 2023 22:05 Adani allegations as well were dismissed by SC.

What is wrong with Gay Marriage? Hindu scriptures are not anti-gay even though they may not explicitly encourage it. It is the Christians mainly followed by Muslims who have a strong opposition to it. Marriage and procreation are not mutually inclusive and can be exclusive. All marriage does is gives two people a chance to have a committed relationship with legal sanctity affording some protections.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Kedar wrote: 13 Dec 2023 08:26

What is wrong with Gay Marriage? Hindu scriptures are not anti-gay even though they may not explicitly encourage it. It is the Christians mainly followed by Muslims who have a strong opposition to it. Marriage and procreation are not mutually inclusive and can be exclusive. All marriage does is gives two people a chance to have a committed relationship with legal sanctity affording some protections.
You kidding me? There is no sanction for gay marriage. The absence of anti gay marriage does not mean that there is support or sanction for it. It was inconceivable back then that gay marriage would be contemplated. It was like declaring day as night and night as day. And of course the western world has upended that. Gay marriage is a western construct and one to be avoided at all costs.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kedar ji,

Very recently, at a gay march in bangalore, the gays shouted anti brahmin and anti Hindu slogans, cries of "azadi" rang out, i.e. azadi from Hindus

The Hindus, as a religion, or in their social, societal, cultural, and historical narratives, or even as a civilization, have never oppressed, condemned, taunted, belittled or otherwise interfered with the gays.

So, WTF should we care, one way or the other and where exactly do the Hindus in general, and the "brahmins" in particular, figure in all this murky SM toolkit ecosystem

let the gays do what they will. Why should the Hindus have any opinion in such matters. The position that is taken is neutral, unlike the abrahamics whose default reactions are aggressive, offensive, and judgmental and is often manifested by extreme violence

why drag the Hindus into any and every controversy and smear them maliciously

the gays in India are under the firm grip of the commies, wokes, and urban naxals, and are are being used to specifically target the Hindus.

This is totally unacceptable
Last edited by chetak on 13 Dec 2023 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ They are aping the west as usual with no intellectual heft to understand the local cultural norms.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Meanwhile a new law has been passed on the appointment and tenure of Election Commissioners. No member from the judiciary would be there on the selection panel.
Rajya Sabha Passes Bill On Appointment Of Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vimal wrote: 13 Dec 2023 10:25 ^^ They are aping the west as usual with no intellectual heft to understand the local cultural norms.

vimal ji,

https://www.newsbharati.com/Encyc/2023/ ... indus.html

In 2018, the Supreme Court of India decriminalized section 377 of the colonial Indian Penal Code.

The organizations that opposed the judgment were - The Apostolic Alliance of Churches, the Utkal Christian Council, Trust God Ministries, and the All India Muslim Personal Law Board.

These organizations are not ‘Hindutva-vadi’ organizations.

Yet, these ignorant pride parade goers could not even dare to say ‘Christianity se Azadi’ or ‘Islam se Azadi’ because they know the effects of these slogans. If they raise such slogans, it will affect the funding from Church-related organizations to the LGBTQ organizations.

From the Islamic point of view, these ignorants will have to face ‘Sar Tan Se Juda’ threats and similar actions.

Sunday, 26th November 2023, the LGBTQ community organized a Pride March in Bengaluru.

After a few days, some videos from the rally were published on social media. During the march, some of the participants were seen shouting the following –

‘Hindutva se Azadi’, ‘Manuvaad se Azadi’, and ‘Brahmanvaad se Azadi’.

One could wonder about the relevance of these slogans in an LGBTQ community rally.

This is the specialty of the Left/Communists. Doing irrelevant things at the wrong occasion or place.

@MeghUpdates·

"HINDUTVA SE AZADI"- Pride march in Bengaluru

WATCH VIDEO
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

1. Nothing wrong with being gay, nothing wrong with gay couples - just dont put your genitals or your bedroom preferences and practices out in public view. Not all do, but lewd is distastefully lewd no matter if hetros or homos do it. I'm fundamentally against these attempts to change the societal norms established by the heterosexual majority by a homo minority. There is no "PRIDE" in that.

2. Some gays especially the western ones have gone nuts and their LGBTQ+2I... word soup brazenly violates point 1. above. But the worst part is, they have made obscene attempts to increase their numbers by influencing, actually brainwashing SM addict fragile pre-teens and teens by glorifying their lewd lifestyles and getting them to "come out" at an age where neither their bodies nor their minds are mature enough to self-assess and make conscious and informed decisions about irreversible choices like hormone blockers and ablations of breasts, uteruses and genitals. This is downright pervert psycho & sociopathic criminal behaviour which is already exposed and getting significant backlash in the west, I'm hoping this reversal of trends will make its way to India as well, with some lag time.

3. Gay couples, who respect the society and do not indulge in the behaviours of points 1 & 2 above, and wanting to be together and share the burdens/responsibilities of their union, or wanting the surviving partner to inherit whatever wealth or debts they accumulated over the duration of their union is a fair ask from the rest of the society. I'm OK for a civil union which recognises the above and suitable laws made by the heterosexual majority that gurantees the legal validity of such civil unions.

BUT....

I'm not OK for calling it "marriage" - IMO it amounts to distorting tried and tested social traditions, structures, rituals and vocabulary established by an accommodative majority by a petulant minority.

I'm not OK for adoption of kids by gay couples. Socially accepted gay unions is so recent that IMO we do not have the necessary experience as a tolerant society as to how this will pan out long term, for first and foremost the kids in question, the gay couple and the rest of the society. There are enough stats to show that single parent families have adverse impact on kids. Double parent but homo families therefore are not a very comforting idea, we dont know to what extent such families will be able to avoid the pitfalls of points 1 & 2 above.

In any case, who in their right mind would be willing to risk the health and future of kids - which they have a right to and the society the obligation to protect, for the "rights" claimed by gay couples which they currently dont and compel the rest of the society which has no obligation to accommodate ?

Individual Rights are only relevant when individuals form and live in societies that are able and willing to take on the obligation to enforce them collectively while also taking on the obligation of adhering to societal rules & laws individually. Rights without obligations is a recent western (de)construct that Bharat must and will reject. Its the worst form of subjectivism and manifests as group-think inevitably leads to tribalism that will keep asking for more.

Its not far fetched to say the the intellectual and epistemological roots of these over the top alphabet soup activists and jehadis is the same.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

The only pro-Hindu, prominent gay person is Abhijith Iyer Mitra. Whatever be his other faults (like opining on things he doesn't know anything about), he has done well by not joining the leftist retards
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

BTW, if you read the above you will notice that I haven't used any "hindu" arguments to debunk.
Marriage and procreation are not mutually inclusive and can be exclusive. All marriage does is gives two people a chance to have a committed relationship with legal sanctity affording some protections.
When you say that, it reveals poor understanding of marriage and its role even from a western perspective, much less a "hindu" perspective.

IMHO, in the hindu tradition, the goals of life are crystallised as the 4 purusharthas - dharma, artha, kaama and moksha. Of these an individual's sexuality and sexual preferences are a small part of kaama itself, and therefore a very small part of the 4 purusharthas.

For the achievement of these purusharthas, one acquires the required capabilities as one progresses through life through baalya (infancy), youvana (youth), grishastha (family), vaanaprastha (retirement), sanyaasa (renunciation).

Man and woman have different abilities, but complementary roles in achieving these goals. Infants needs the protection offered by the family, youth need clear understanding of their own identity and sexuality in order to avoid the trap of getting fixated on sexuality alone and to be able to acquire the required knowledge and skills to move forward in life and play a productive role in the family (which offered them protection and an environment to flower) and the society (which offered his own family the protection and the environment to prosper). That is also why youvana is also called bramhacharya (celibacy) phase. This is not repression but prioritisation. Every life form follows it !

While gay attitudes are seen as a sexual proclivity that can be tolerated and accommodated, one can see that it gets and individual stuck in progressing to achieving all the purusharthas, since a gay couple cannot procreate by themselves. Human instinct to procreate is in fact the defense of mankind, and indeed procreation the definition of life itself. And while gay attitudes are accommodated, they cannot be overtly or implicitly encouraged, because when an invdividual realises that he/she cannot achieve the purusharthas by missing out on the stepping stone of the grishastha phase, then it will inevitably lead to despondency and leaves little motivation to pursue the remaining life goals. Thats why kaama which in the complete sense means desire and the seeking of pleasure in many forms, not just sex, and here on earth and not after death (then whats there to life for ?!!) is also a goal of life. Only its a transient goal (and not just because our capacity to procreate is also transient), required of course, but by no means the ultimate goal.

This is also why brahmachraya is not encouraged life long. Its a shortcut to bypass Grishasta ashrama, and gives up many forms of kaama, which makes sense only if one is resolutely focused on moksha and wishes to go straight to sanyaasa. No need for Vaanaprastha i.e. retirement when nothing has been accumulated to retire from, and there is no spouse to accompany you. This is not just extremely tough but is also not scalable. If everyone becomes a sanyasi, then who will put food into their bowls ?! Extinction guaranteed.

Each individual in the society is free to pursue the purusharthas according to one's own abilities and proclivities, and inevitably our abilities differ, and so do opportunities, and what we make of them ir our actions (karma).

The hindu society's goal ie samaaja dharma has always to let every individual pursue his purusharthas in such a way that a maximum number of persons are able to the farthest, thus assuring the not just the survival of mankind, but also realising its potential, by achieving harmony within self, in the family, in the community, in the environment, in the country and the entire world.

This is what Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam means, and kutumbakam means a family. A functioning, procreating, sustaining and liberating family in harmony within and without.

Deviations are inevitable and fine as long as they do not try to usurp dharma for themselves and try to make it the norm and compromise the purusharthats for the entire society.

There are many gnyanis on the forum much more learned and wiser than me. They will be doing me and us a favour if they can correct/add to the above.

Note to admins: Kindly move to appropriate thread.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Prem Kumar wrote: 13 Dec 2023 14:58 The only pro-Hindu, prominent gay person is Abhijith Iyer Mitra. Whatever be his other faults (like opining on things he doesn't know anything about), he has done well by not joining the leftist retards
Agree. Of late, he has stopped opining on things he doesn't know anything about, and has become watchable.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Chetakji/Cyranoji
Linking everything to Hindu/Manuvad/Brahminacal tyranny has become the standard toolkit
The goal is break the amorphous unit (Hindu Religion) by any method.
Given certain caste fault lines what better than Brahminical tyranny.
Per LGBT, none of the books have mentioned anything against.
Vatsyayana's magnum opus also doesn't deride rather encourages all sensual delights be it single-engine or rear-engine or double-engine ( :D Sorry BJP).
If anyone wants to read about Ashwamedha Yagnya please check why the white horse is stallion and not a mare.
The last thing before the sacrifice is the symbolic lying together of the horse and the Yajman's wife (if certain interpretation are to be believed)
So to deride hinduism for LGBT cause is short-sighted Soros/bif driven drivel.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

election thread?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Guys this is the Assembly elections thread. Gay marriage discussion is irrelevant here. Please desist.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Should this thread be locked now?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lisa wrote: 11 Dec 2023 02:41

That's why the CMs were replaced. Modiji doesn't same old tired satraps.

Shocking reading. It appears that only distribution within seats got the BJP elected, else numbers are basically even! 9+ years at the centre and this is what the street thinks. Disappointing, really disappointing. How to translate an India without Modi?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Locking this thread.