Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by A_Gupta »

To really understand America, understand this:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ry-228144/

Roughly speaking, there is a three-tier system: rich folks, middle class folks, and the rest. In each tier there is a gradation of white, various ethnicities, black.

The middle class is the backbone of the society. The rich and the poor are often scoff-laws, for different reasons. The middle class has been in a slow decline since the 1980s.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 30 Dec 2023 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

Jay wrote: 30 Dec 2023 03:15

The trick employed by the Deep State was the mail-in ballots, which many in the US prefer rather than going to booths to vote. Going forward the US election system is filled with holes.
In essence to understand the US, all we need to do is understand how deep state works and interacts with India? If this is the focus then we will definitely fail in our analysis of understanding US and put forward our interests.
the deep state is not just one entity to begin with !! ..there are multiple actors in play and not necessarily aligned with each other, Witness the blinken /Nuland combo for one., the Obama faction for another.. the Jewish factions are not cohesive for starters ... !!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-biden- ... lead_pos10

The Biden-Trump Crisis
The constitutional ructions ahead are part of Joe Biden’s re-election strategy.

I know there are Democrats, Republicans, Tump haters and Trump is fine guys .. Lets not get sucked into US polarization. Just look athe general theme of the article.

Just look at the facts

1. Russian Collusion was made up
2. Trump was very wrong on insisting loss was all voter fraud and mismanaging the entire after the vote is counted. His party and organization failed to anticipate how well oiled Democratic machinery is using mail in ballots to clean the table and could not prevent his loss narrowly. Jan 6 is not so simple that this was an insurrection. This was raw emotional response, Trump's obsession that he did not lose and the establishment gamed it very well to push the crowds into Congress. Trump exactly fell into the trap they set due to his obsession, immaturity and ego.
3. They lost on abortion issue completely and still don't understand it impact.
4. Dems and the establishment are openly in favor of wars, identity wars and polarizing voters thru civil conflict based on identity.
5. Dems and establish are using worst autocratic techniques they accuse every one - They are colluding with judiciary and media with tacit understanding of intellectuals to disenfranchise Trump. They are using entire power of the state to nullify democratic process. The scary part is how brainwashed Democrats are all in favor of wars, Ukraine war, Democracy murder and even approve women/child rapes, molestations and support terrorists as long as they are Islamic terrorists. They are even in favor of men winning in women's tournaments, operating on 6 year old kids to transition.
6. The universities, corporations have been tamed and taken over.

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1 ... 4627184760
Then I did more research. The more I learned, the more concerned I became, and the more ignorant I realized I had been about DEI, a powerful movement that has not only pervaded Harvard, but the educational system at large. I came to understand that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion was not what I had naively thought these words meant.

I have always believed that diversity is an important feature of a successful organization, but by diversity I mean diversity in its broadest form: diversity of viewpoints, politics, ethnicity, race, age, religion, experience, socioeconomic background, sexual identity, gender, one’s upbringing, and more.

What I learned, however, was that DEI was not about diversity in its purest form, but rather DEI was a political advocacy movement on behalf of certain groups that are deemed oppressed under DEI’s own methodology.

Under DEI, one’s degree of oppression is determined based upon where one resides on a so-called intersectional pyramid of oppression where whites, Jews, and Asians are deemed oppressors, and a subset of people of color, LGBTQ people, and/or women are deemed to be oppressed. Under this ideology which is the philosophical underpinning of DEI as advanced by Ibram X. Kendi and others, one is either an anti-racist or a racist. There is no such thing as being “not racist.”
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

DEI is just vote bank appeasement on a massive scale. Just like ruling kleptocrats were importing Rohingyas into J&K, likewise the Left are using DEI to stack the deck in their favour.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I think Biden and DoD was trying to setup MIC relationship with India. But neocons and SD already planned nikhil Gupta scenario already in June when Modi visited. That means nijjar was just a pawn to be sacrificed.
After Xi jin ping came, they made a deal or assessed that china can't take over Taiwan in the next few years. So they pulled nikhil card to get out of engine deal.

Possible?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The US by withholding the ge 404 will harm India more than interfering with the ge414.

Having said all that, there is no alternative to an indigenous jet engine.

This Nikhil Gupta is just a distraction in the ultimate analysis.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Is there confirmed news about GE engines? I can't find anything Googling
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

vimal wrote: 04 Jan 2024 10:29 Is there confirmed news about GE engines? I can't find anything Googling
That means it is effectively dead. No mention of continued support of the GE deal by the SD means that SD is killing the deal behind the scenes. GoI and its babus need to wake the eff up and complete the Kaveri engine program on warp speed. Make it one of the highest national priority along with developing its own semiconductor industry and heavy rocket. Then we really do not need to depend on any other nation for anything.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

hgupta wrote: 04 Jan 2024 10:35 That means it is effectively dead. No mention of continued support of the GE deal by the SD means that SD is killing the deal behind the scenes. GoI and its babus need to wake the eff up and complete the Kaveri engine program on warp speed. Make it one of the highest national priority along with developing its own semiconductor industry and heavy rocket. Then we really do not need to depend on any other nation for anything.
Interesting how these conclusions are arrived at.

First it is claimed to be a "deal" (based on media reports) and then it is asserted that the "deal is off". There has been no signed "deal" yet at any point. Only HAL and GE signed a MOU to pursue further steps sometime last year (in summer, I think) after Bhaidanwa announced his intentions.

US legislature approved this possibility in August 2023. The negotiation (all aspects) got started in September and was claimed by Austin and Rajanathan to be on track as of the last 2+2 meeting on Nov 11. As of now, GE is supposed to be getting clearances (export licenses and the like) from the US govt to partner with HAL. I doubt anything much would have got done in the Nov-Dec holiday season.

It would be naive to assume that Modi and Jaishankar did not learn any lessons from the previous GE engine history. It is surely going to be a significant negotiation, with both sides playing their newest cards.

Whether or not the "deal" is finally signed (I think it will be eventually), some posters need to develop better critical/analytical skills and patience before launching random theories based on youtube videos/rumors.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

KL Dubey wrote: 04 Jan 2024 11:00 Whether or not the "deal" is finally signed (I think it will be eventually), some posters need to develop better critical/analytical skills and patience before launching random theories based on youtube videos/rumors.
It is called reading the tea leaves and knowing the current events that transpired to put dots together. Normally this GE deal would be a big deal and the SD guys would be down and hamming it up and hyping it up. But they haven't which means that they are not really serious about granting licenses to produce the engines right now. They will just delay it.

GE officials have not come out and assert that the GE engines would be delivered. Their silence is pretty deafening.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Pratyush wrote: 04 Jan 2024 07:49 The US by withholding the ge 404 will harm India more than interfering with the ge414.

Having said all that, there is no alternative to an indigenous jet engine.

This Nikhil Gupta is just a distraction in the ultimate analysis.

Pratyush ji,

this is exactly what everyone was afraid of.........

the amrikis are not trusted by any in the forces nor in govt

we are back to square one, if all this is actually true

this is also why no one was interested in the amriki fighter offer, they would have had us by the testimonials, had we been foolish enough to invest a bomb in their hardware.

This is also why they are so very keen that we distance ourselves from russia, so that they can and will have an unshakably firm grip on India's geopolitical options and increase their chances of ensuring that we are at their beck and call to do their bidding

But we must be ruled by our own geopolitically dictated self interests, and of course, our own supreme national interests, rather than wind up as an obsequious errand boy with a pronounced "yes massa" attitude which is what the amrikis and all their other gora friends really want from India

currently they are looking at India to contain eyeraan and cheen, which the amrikis have realized that they are not capable of taking on, ever since they cut and ran from afghanistan, abandoning the entire region to it's fate......

It is India which is currently providing maritime security against the houthi drone attacks, and the amrikis and the cheeni have quietly withdrawn into the far background....
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Chetak,

All of this was so obvious even 10 years ago and our babus still took forever to get the Kaveri program back on track and still haven't to this day. I just do not understand this myopic view of GoI when it comes to this critical technology. It is the baseline for many other technologies and other projects. And now we are seriously falling further behind China and China is going ahead and supplying Pakistan with its latest technology free of charge just to tie us down in the west while they are free to move up in the north and in the east.

US cannot be ever trusted on any national security issue. We must always have a backup plan or Plan B at the ready if we ever use US products or services again.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hgupta wrote: 04 Jan 2024 12:48 Chetak,

All of this was so obvious even 10 years ago and our babus still took forever to get the Kaveri program back on track and still haven't to this day. I just do not understand this myopic view of GoI when it comes to this critical technology. It is the baseline for many other technologies and other projects. And now we are seriously falling further behind China and China is going ahead and supplying Pakistan with its latest technology free of charge just to tie us down in the west while they are free to move up in the north and in the east.

US cannot be ever trusted on any national security issue. We must always have a backup plan or Plan B at the ready if we ever use US products or services again.

hgupta ji,

from the politicos point of view, they have other and more pressing priorities to worry about with a nation of 1.4 billion to attend to...

They would rather kick the can down the road, but to be fair to this lot, they tried hard to resolve the issue to the best of their geopolitical ability

they can hardly be faulted if things have not gone according to plan or the other, agenda driven players who own the IP are (very understandably) reluctant to cooperate.

This entire jet engine thingie has been geopolitically cartelized by the goras who have an agenda of their own.

Parting with jet engine tech is not a big priority for any of them, especially when India is such a huge arms market for their MICs. No one is particularly interested in the money, though that will certainly help, but this tech is the crown jewels that India now badly needs to break out of the strategic isolation that the goras have driven India into since before 1947 and have conspired to force into and constrain within predetermined hostile boundaries to limit her growth, military power and geo economic outreach....

India managed to beat them at their own game and partnered with the russkis to build the ATV, and now we have the tech for making nuke subs and we are also building aircraft carriers. So, why would anyone really expect the goras to part with their jet engine IP just because we asked nicely. They may have agreed to a limited transfer of IP to gain some tactical advantage elsewhere in their ongoing negotiations, while their often stated goal is to permanently neuter India strategically on the geopolitical stage, and reduce us to the status of a vassal state, by recolonizing us once again. The monster that they created in cheen is not something that they are keen on duplicating with India.

However one suspects that the goras may be apprehensive of the russkis perfecting their jet engine IP and allowing India access to it. Hence the great pressure to break up the Indo russki MIL cooperation and isolate India even further from russki MIL tech to try and force her to start feeding at the amriki MIC teat

And at several subsurface machinations and layered interactions which take place between the amrikis and the cheen, who are more like co joined twins, the cheens will surely negotiate to block off any gora engine IP transfers to India. After all, between sworn enemies like the amrikis and russkis, didn't the amrikis, at one time, successfully prevented the russkis from transferring the cyro engine tech to India's ISRO, and the CIA conspired to trap poor nambi narayanan and get him imprisoned by the KER authorities to prevent ISRO from accessing or developing the cyro engine, thus delaying disastrously affecting our space programs

I just do not understand this myopic view of GoI when it comes to this critical technology. It is the baseline for many other technologies and other projects.

This is precisely why the goras are so very reluctant to transfer the jet engine IP to us. They don't want us getting too big for our boots

The amrikis want a unipolar world, they will reluctantly tolerate a bipolar world, but neither amrika nor cheen want a multipolar world, especially if the third pole is likely be a determined non ally, and a fiercely independent minded India with the ability to upset many a geopolitical and geo economic apple cart, like she is currently doing in africa

Understand that there is no plan B for the jet engine IP transfer, the cheen are using russki jet engine IP and seem to have landed themselves in a mess and the cartelized goras, with whom we are forced to deal, have absolute and overarching control over plan A.

So, net net, it's either their way or the highway.....
Last edited by chetak on 04 Jan 2024 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Chetak that’s why we badly needed to go warp speed on indigenous development of the Kaveri engine by massively funding the R&D base and develop all the necessary testing facilities and academic research facilities to sustain this engine R&D. I strongly feel that our engineers with sufficient funding could have developed a working engine by now if they were given the resources they asked for ten or even 5 years ago.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hgupta wrote: 04 Jan 2024 14:39 Chetak that’s why we badly needed to go warp speed on indigenous development of the Kaveri engine by massively funding the R&D base and develop all the necessary testing facilities and academic research facilities to sustain this engine R&D. I strongly feel that our engineers with sufficient funding could have developed a working engine by now if they were given the resources they asked for ten or even 5 years ago.

hgupta ji,

This discussion has already taken place previously, and that too in great detail. I will not rehash it again.

I do not agree with your logic or even the assumptions made under the premises mentioned.

In one way or another, all of the options have already been examined in detail and many of them, where feasible, have been tried out and it has gotten us nowhere, despite expending great treasure on a project that a country like India, with so many contending requirements, can ill afford, but had still pressed on with great hope, until it became very clear that the project, despite repeated assurances given over the decades, of its eventual success was going nowhere beyond a point and in its present state, it is unusable for the objectives that were defined for the completion of the project. Every sane option has been examined and a great many of the more feasible ones were tried out but to no avail. What you are asking for has a 7 -10 year time frame, just to get out of the starting blocks...

But this much I will say: currently, we simply do not have the vertically specialized and quality human resources to do this, not in any lab, not in any company, and not in any university, or even research institution, period. Anyone can say what they want, but, intellectually speaking, we need to first fire on all cylinders. Without developing this primary and vital domain specific resource, we are simply groping in the dark, and like any bad workman, we invariably end up blaming the tools....

no one, either in the user domain, or in the resource funding domain, has the faith or trust to fund and support such an open ended undertaking without some measure of tangible success that is visible to the powers that be, like the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

If our engineers could have done so, they would have already done it and we would certainly not be seeking transfer of IP from the goras, but our own engineers were not able to do it all on their own, so the transfer and utilization of the jet engine IP appeared to be a much better option and therefore a more decisive path to take.

A great majority of guys persons on the forum are engineers. Many have taken different entrance exams and ended up in different places. After passing one specific entrance exam, the result is an offer letter that has the word "scientist" in the job designation, followed by an alphabet differentiator like "b" or "c", do you really think that a scientist is miraculously born that very instant or they emerge like a phoenix, after a mundane "training" course.... and are these the persons who are going to build a jet engine for you....or build them faster if you throw more money at them.... or work better, if they were given engine test bed(s) or whatever, flying or non flying....pray tell, ये कोनसा खेत का मूली है..... and, truth to tell, we have not found such technology compatible human resources in over three decades or more, of engine development work done in India's govt sector.

For the peanuts that they are paid..... and you get what you paid for...... which are privileged govt employees, with safe, secure and un-sackable jobs and only retirement, after a number of "extensions", will do them apart, they all have what the cheen call "iron rice bowls" meaning assured working lifetime jobs with index linked pensions... and the only time that govt employees actually know where they are going is after a heavy dose of castor oil.

so don't blame the Govt for something that they have not done. This govt has done a lot to address the problem but realpolitik and geopolitics seems to have got in their way. The chimera of the jet engine tech IP transfer is just one of the many levers that the amrikis are using on the GoI to force them into accepting a vassal state status. The EMALS offer was another such lever...

So, the current GOI (the first and only govt so far, to actually appreciate the real problem and move towards finding a practical solution), as a measure of last resort, agreed to buy the IP and pay the huge bill but the offers seem to be a mere mirage that evaporated when the sun rose. The goras all made nice noises, right noises, but never actually intended to sell and transfer the IP. I am very sure that many gora testimonials were squeezed hard by the amrikis to cartelize this issue and force India to deal with the said cartel only.

It is in the combined geopolitical, geo strategic, and geo economic interest of the western MICs in general and the amriki MICs in particular, to keep this technology from us. The cheenis will also step in at some point and pressurize the goras to ensure that such sensitive tech is not transferred to India. These MICs are invariably a powerful extension of the will of their own governments and very often do covertly dictate national policies pertaining to foreign relations, regime changes and foment violent insurrections in what is perceived as "troublesome" foreign lands

as a matter of abundant caution, we may even lack the full fledged capability to professionally evaluate, technically dissect, and financially corelate a technical proposal of a complete jet engine IP transfer for completeness, viability for development of different variants, and forecast future growth potential of the engine in terms of scaling up the power outputs to meet projected power requirements of upcoming and new platforms in the pipeline.

and to end it all, they may well force you, patent wise, to build an engine factory that is limited to just one single type of engine, without giving you the leeway to develop variants or build other types of aero engines.....

The skittish private sector has stayed very very clear of the engine issue, except recently one private company has invested and bought out a gora artillery factory. Maybe, if we are blessed, one of them will buy out an engine factory someday soon
The Kalyani group chairman Baba Kalyani, on 18 October, said that the group is in process to set up world's largest artillery manufacturing facility in India. While addressing the DefExpo 2022 at Gandhinagar, Kalyani said that in three years' time, the group will start producing one gun per day.
With this govt, strong feelings simply do not cut the mustard, only assured domain capability and the reasonable certainty of results do.
Last edited by chetak on 05 Jan 2024 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Is US setting up a military base in Balochistan? If so, then what happens to CPEC with China?

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

hgupta wrote: 04 Jan 2024 11:52 It is called reading the tea leaves and knowing the current events that transpired to put dots together.
This approach usually does not work.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

AIPAC, the powerful Washington-based lobby for Israel is targeting the Squad (Congresswomen Ilhan Omar, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, Cori Bush, etc) because of their intense opposition to Israel. Since the Squad has also attacked India, we should be willing to make common cause with AIPAC on these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksIRypOsgAM
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Intro

Bill Ackman outraged by 3 Presidents of Harvard, Penn, MIT went after Claudine Gay of Harvard for plagiarism and DEI nominee. Now Business insider is going after a gifted scientist at MIT because she is Bill's wife

https://twitter.com/gummibear737/status ... 1711496557

The hit job on @BillAckman suddenly makes sense
@johnjcook , Gawker ’s former editor, is the exec editor at Insider
Beyond his role in the disasterous Hulk Hogan scandal/lawsuit, he’s also long been considered an anti-zionist

https://twitter.com/clarkA418/status/17 ... 7581655238
John Cook is the former Editor-in-Chief of The Intercept. Holly antisemite!

‘The intercept’ is like ‘Hamas online’, every antisemitic blood libel, anti-Israel conspiracy theory and outrageous distortion of history for #ThePalestinianLie finds a home there.

No wonder they targeted Bill’s successful Israeli wife. John is a #HamasRapists Iran loving shill.

Bill Ackman is taking on woke crowds, Jihadis, and several anti-Indian filthy garbage
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

vijayk wrote: 07 Jan 2024 21:24 Bill Ackman is taking on woke crowds, Jihadis, and several anti-Indian filthy garbage
Ackman is a double-edged sword. He went after Adani too, during the Hindenberg incident.
I don't mind him going after the jihadis - I just don't like it when he tries to lump us in with them.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Bill ackman is useless. He is getting a taste of his own medicine. What a scammer.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

It is good that both sides are getting a taste of their own medicine but we should root for Bill Ackman to keep going after the woke and libtard crowd using scorched earth tactics.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

yeah, I don't root for scammers! Thanks for your suggestion...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

We are not rooting for Bill Ackman but now that he is in trouble and taking on DEI/Jihadi/Identity mafiA/LGBTQ mafiA, we support this cause.

Remember

* The jihadi/left eco-system supports Khalistan, Farmers protests, CAA and any terrorist act against India and Hindus
* They glorify Aurangzeb
* They help Jihadis plan, support and commit terrorist acts against us
* Glorify Pannu/Nijjar and any criminal as long as they are against India/Hindus
* Work with SD to bank Indian twitter accounts

https://twitter.com/BillboardChris/stat ... 4000199970

Billboard Chris @BillboardChris
It amazes me how moderate Democrats are just now learning about the tactics of the Left.
Going after family members is nothing new.

One of the first things these child-abusing radical leftist losers did when I started campaigning was try to get my wife fired.
I’m glad Bill Ackman is becoming aware. Hopefully he puts his resources to use and fights back.
Bill Ackman @BillAckman
It has been the case since as far as I can remember in business and in media that family was off limits, unless of course the family is directly involved in the business.

The code of the road was that you can attack the protagonist as much as you want, but not his wife and not his kids.

The same is true in business dealings. You never go after someone’s family to get at a business person. This is a sacred code that I have never seen violated.

Business Insider broke this sacred code on Thursday and again on Friday when they went after my wife,
@NeriOxman. And they are working on another story about her. They are calling her former students as we speak.

Inspired by the code being broken, a journalist from Bloomberg reached out to my kids on their cell phones this weekend for a story she is working on. The reporter’s name is Kathy Burton. I had respected her until now.

Do we want to live in a world where journalists go after your life partner and your kids?

In that world, one would respond to an attack on one’s wife and family by going after the owner of the media company and his wife and family.

Ask yourself, who would want to advertise on a media property where they go after people’s families?

No one.

Because eventually they will go after your family.

The Editor of the Investigative group of Business Insider who is leading the attack on my wife is John Cook.

He is a known anti-Zionist. My wife is Israeli. That might explain why he was willing to lead this attack and others turned down the source when they were looking for a media outlet.

How would John feel if someone went after his life partner and kids?

How would Joe Bae and Scott Nuttall feel if it was their wives and kids rather than mine?

How would Henry Kravis and George Roberts react to this experience?

How would Mike Bloomberg?

We need to decide what kind of world we want to live in.

I want to know the answer to that question today because it is a really important question, and it affects society at large and our future.
See the parallels of how @Nytimes and @washingtonpost operate ... Rana Ayyub or any other Jihadi is hired. They advertise for criminals as long as they are against Modi

As long these folks are kept busy, we should help the cause.

Bill Ackman @BillAckman
Jan 7

I will pursue these societally important issues including problems with how our media operates, the ideological take over of our education system, discrimination in all forms, and free speech to the end of the earth. It is the most important battle I have ever taken on.
And for investors who are concerned about my time management, other than words and ideas, the ‘fuel’ for my efforts comes from investment success.
Not that I wasn’t incredibly motivated before, but if it is possible, I am even more motivated now.

And yes I am posting while on the elliptical for better time management.
We need him to invest in eco system that chases these ********
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Claudine Gay is from a highly privileged background and belongs to one of the wealthiest families in Haiti

Harvard president Claudine Gay, who refused to condemn the 7/10 massacre by Hamas, finally resigns.

She has also been charged with at least 6 instances of plagiarism.

This corrupt, woke lot has flooded the academia in the US, Canada, Europe and places like India as well.

Harvard President Claudine Gay and University of Pennsylvania (Penn) President Liz Magill both lost their positions after their controversial congressional testimony at the beginning of December.

On Claudine Gay's resignation as Harvard's president, the specter of plagiarism was noted.

Allegations regarding her dissertation were apparently not regarded as misconduct (i.e. plagiarism) but only a "few instances of inadequate citation." The article noted that additional instances of "duplicative language without appropriate attribution" had been brought to light.

This seems like Harvard was trying to acknowledge plagiarism without actually having to say it out loud.

the wokes certainly know how to protect themselves by throwing up a cloud of deceit to mask their crimes
Last edited by chetak on 08 Jan 2024 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Vivek Ramaswamy has a very good explanation of how the ultraleft woke ideology took over the US institutions with stuff like LGBTQ+++ , DEI etc... If you hear his events, you will get it.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

US SecDef Lloyd Austen has been hospitalized for multiple days, and nobody in the rest of US govt even knew about it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/se ... rcna132612

Last edited by sanman on 09 Jan 2024 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

vijayk wrote: 08 Jan 2024 21:03 We are not rooting for Bill Ackman but now that he is in trouble and taking on DEI/Jihadi/Identity mafiA/LGBTQ mafiA, we support this cause.
Who is we? I really shouldn't ask, but I am curious.

I personally believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a positive initiative if it is implemented appropriately. However, if it is done just as a formality, then it fails to achieve its purpose. DEI is a good attempt to raise the bottom and prevent the top from becoming too extreme while simultaneously encouraging diversity of ideas. But when it is used as a tool to push a particular agenda, it fails to be effective. Different viewpoints are valuable, but if they are against the country in which DEI is being implemented (pro Hamas vs pro US) or against a particular race (anti Indian), it undermines the very concept of diversity. On the other hand, dismissing all DEI efforts as waste and seeking to overturn them is also detrimental. Yes, I have met my share of chairs at univs, who push anti-Indian agendas when they get into power etc., but it's still a minority, not the main viewpoint. The older generation of students may have gotten influenced by it in early 2000s, but the new generation cares two hoots about their agenda or nonsense. It's good that Hamas supporters got shown the door, but hopefully this does not turn back clock in this country and bring KKK back into power.

Anyways, I came here to see what happened that everyone was worried about F414 engine to only find pro-republican news in this thread. That is neither strategic nor helps understand US-India relations :rotfl: . Again I only glanced the last few pages. Anyways moving on...
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Cybaru wrote: 09 Jan 2024 04:27
vijayk wrote: 08 Jan 2024 21:03 We are not rooting for Bill Ackman but now that he is in trouble and taking on DEI/Jihadi/Identity mafiA/LGBTQ mafiA, we support this cause.

I personally believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a positive initiative if it is implemented appropriately.
Just come out and say that you want Mandal Quota Raj everywhere
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

sanman wrote: 09 Jan 2024 04:51

I personally believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a positive initiative if it is implemented appropriately.
Just come out and say that you want Mandal Quota Raj everywhere
Lol - you are the one seeing/understanding every issue from an Indian historical lens. Not sure what mandal has to do with DEI. The state department has its old fogies with 60s mindset and I presume we have people who see everything from our own baggage viewpoint (mandal commission!)
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Vivek R. talks plain truth in this YT by economic times, compares US VP Kamala Harris to ex-Harvard President Claudine Gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjxb6q4pa0Y
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I personally believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a positive initiative if it is implemented appropriately. However, if it is done just as a formality, then it fails to achieve its purpose. DEI is a good attempt to raise the bottom and prevent the top from becoming too extreme while simultaneously encouraging diversity of ideas. But when it is used as a tool to push a particular agenda, it fails to be effective. Different viewpoints are valuable, but if they are against the country in which DEI is being implemented (pro Hamas vs pro US) or against a particular race (anti Indian), it undermines the very concept of diversity. On the other hand, dismissing all DEI efforts as waste and seeking to overturn them is also detrimental. Yes, I have met my share of chairs at univs, who push anti-Indian agendas when they get into power etc., but it's still a minority, not the main viewpoint. The older generation of students may have gotten influenced by it in early 2000s, but the new generation cares two hoots about their agenda or nonsense. It's good that Hamas supporters got shown the door, but hopefully this does not turn back clock in this country and bring KKK back into power.

Anyways, I came here to see what happened that everyone was worried about F414 engine to only find pro-republican news in this thread. That is neither strategic nor helps understand US-India relations :rotfl: . Again I only glanced the last few pages. Anyways moving on...
Kamala Harris is what you get out of DEI. Claudine Gay is another such result. Obama kids are the ones counted as Diversity/Inclusive candidates of Harvard. No one is saying privilege, nepotism and WASP does not exist in Corporate/Political environments but the cut throat capitalism of US does not allow the trash to continue.

DEI is a racist, corrupt movement mostly funded by Dollar printing Fed. Occupy Wall street movement against federal bailout of financial sector led to rethink on how to create organization that prevent public to revolt against the elitist system. BLM and LGBTQIA+ movements are funded and expanded through academia and Corporate boards. The kids are taught about gay sex and benefits of transitioning to help Pharma industry. The financial lobby keep getting bailed out as long as they make contributions to BLM and LGBTQ organizations. They donated $70B in 2022 (Silicon Valley Bank donated $300M before collapsing. Their board had only 1 financial background member and rest met all DEI criteria like race, LGBTQ etc).

ETF funds are bing used to control corporate boards. ETF fund managers define DEI index and invest in stock based on DEI index not ROI of the company. The executive managements keep telling every senior manager that unless DEI quotas are met, they will not get new requisitions , bonuses to those groups. Indians/Asians are privileged and numbers have to be reduced to meet DEI quotas. We lay off people not based on just performance but based on DEI criteria. Even the college boards are being forced through same techniques. The policies such as single sex bathrooms, men playing in women's teams all determined by DEI enforcement.

great discussion on Claudine Gay and hoe she operates
https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/sta ... 3483921720
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Boeing's corporate filings with the SEC reveal that in beginning 2022, the annual bonus plan to reward CEO and executives for increasing profit for shareholders and prioritizing safety was changed to reward them if they hit DEI targets.

DEI is great as long as someone else dies. May be there will be some concern now
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

John Hopkins just sent out this hit list of people automatically guilty of "privilege" whether they know it or not:

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Latest on the GE/HAL engine manufacturing project as of today:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
A fighter jet engine technology deal with the US, which was announced during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Washington DC last year, is progressing on time and a detailed technical proposal to set up a manufacturing unit in India jointly with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will be shared with the state-run company early this year, GE Aerospace Defence & Systems President Amy Gowder told ET.