Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
titash
BRFite

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by titash »

IndraD wrote: 10 Mar 2024 13:07 End Of India’s Experiment With Dual Citizenship? Home Ministry Reclassifies OCI Card Holders As Foreign Nationals

https://indiawest.com/end-of-indias-exp ... nationals/
^^ 3-year old article
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

^^^ What's changed? OCI always was a visa with work permit. It was never a citizenship despite the unfortunate naming. The OCI holders couldn't vote, they were anyway holding citizenship of other countries...
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

What are the restrictions against OCI in regards to land ownership? I recall that OCI holders could not own any kind of farmland and that they are only allowed to hold one property parcel. Please correct me if I am wrong.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

hgupta wrote: 11 Mar 2024 08:46 What are the restrictions against OCI in regards to land ownership? I recall that OCI holders could not own any kind of farmland and that they are only allowed to hold one property parcel. Please correct me if I am wrong.
*No Agricultural land holding at all (even if you get proper sthyamp and sheal of duly authorised offer with authority. It can bite one in one's Musharraf at any time when another FEMA/RBI oofeesaar arrives with another document with another set of proper sthyamp and sheal).

*No limits on non agricultural property holding AFAIK

OK. situation is more nuanced. AFAIK the only way an OCI type can acquire agricultural property is by inheritance - so if babu-ji or mummi-ji leave an agri property in their will... ahem. Again, AFAIK. Bliss seek independent professional legal advice.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I just had an aha! moment.

Demonetization was not directed against Pakistan counterfeiting operations. Pakistan had no reason to accumulate cash in Indian rupees - they would put it into circulation as soon as possible. Once put in circulation, there is no way to withdraw it. The RBI would find the fake notes at the time of demonetization. However, the counterfeit notes found was a insignificant proportion of the notes withdrawn from circulation.

Who has the incentive to accumulate cash? It is the Indian political parties - they accumulate huge amounts of cash to use at the time of election to buy votes. These will be valid currency notes; but would have been black money. IMO, demonetization was an attempt to empty these coffers.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Does not have to be a binary black and white affair. I suspect we have lots of gray down to Indian political parties funding Pak terror groups for election benefits.

Demonetization was coupled with many updates to the digital infrastructure so that any attempts at re-accumulating cash were that much harder.
isubodh
BRFite

Post by isubodh »

A_Gupta wrote: 16 Apr 2024 02:01 I just had an aha! moment.

Demonetization was not directed against Pakistan counterfeiting operations. Pakistan had no reason to accumulate cash in Indian rupees - they would put it into circulation as soon as possible. Once put in circulation, there is no way to withdraw it. The RBI would find the fake notes at the time of demonetization. However, the counterfeit notes found was a insignificant proportion of the notes withdrawn from circulation.

Who has the incentive to accumulate cash? It is the Indian political parties - they accumulate huge amounts of cash to use at the time of election to buy votes. These will be valid currency notes; but would have been black money. IMO, demonetization was an attempt to empty these coffers.
Good Morning
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

srin wrote: 10 Mar 2024 18:15 ^^^ What's changed? OCI always was a visa with work permit. It was never a citizenship despite the unfortunate naming. The OCI holders couldn't vote, they were anyway holding citizenship of other countries...
OCI is misnamed. Should have been called "People of Indian Heritage" Card
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta ji, it was known and widely discussed all over the internet.
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

Large Anti-Nax operation reported in Kanker. Significant Casualties among Naxalites

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 65503.html

Massive success for security forces. 29 Maoists eliminated, including a senior leader!

Kudos to Amit Shah and CM Vishnu Deo Sai! Lots of Naxal cleanup this year: 79 killed this year, the highest since 2019!

Leftists & Missionaries must be having a big burnol moment. It shows what your votes can do!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

A_Gupta wrote: 16 Apr 2024 02:01 I just had an aha! moment.

During UPA decade for one legal rupee isssued by RBI
1 rupee with same number printed by Congress in India
1 rupee printed abroad
0.5 rupee printed by ISI.
IOW 1 Legal rupee had 2.5 rupees chasing it.
Demonitization made the 2.5 rupees worthless.

Some political parties still had stocks of those worthless notes. They can be identified with periodic muttering about restoring the old notes!