Project 75I - It Begins

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Project 75I - It Begins

Post by Pratyush »

Ton for ton of displacement, the Indian SSK is going to be more expensive than the verginia class submarines of the USN. So the argument of costs is not really justified.

The problem is the brass. That is making a complete dog's breakfast of our procurement programs. Consequently our war fighting ability.

In a sane military. The force would have taken 6 Kalvari class as is. Then they would have ordered 6 more with indigenous improvements. Followed by a 100% indigenous submarine by now.

But the brass has no ability to think in these terms.

The same situation applies in terms of aircraft carriers.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

German Government Throws Weight Behind Indian Navy’s Submarine Deal
https://bharatshakti.in/german-governme ... rine-deal/
10 April 2024
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Rakesh wrote: 11 Apr 2024 22:10 German Government Throws Weight Behind Indian Navy’s Submarine Deal
https://bharatshakti.in/german-governme ... rine-deal/
10 April 2024

Now I am well and truly frightened of this program.

We are going to get boats that will not be able to engage any thing. :P
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Pratyush wrote: 08 Apr 2024 07:08 Ton for ton of displacement, the Indian SSK is going to be more expensive than the verginia class submarines of the USN. So the argument of costs is not really justified.

The problem is the brass. That is making a complete dog's breakfast of our procurement programs. Consequently our war fighting ability.

In a sane military. The force would have taken 6 Kalvari class as is. Then they would have ordered 6 more with indigenous improvements. Followed by a 100% indigenous submarine by now.

But the brass has no ability to think in these terms.

The same situation applies in terms of aircraft carriers.
Well said Pratyush! The rot, in this case, is squarely with the IN Leadership.

While the IN has, no doubt, been the most Atmanirbhar-friendly of all forces, they have huge blindspots - the submarine program is one of them.

And over the years, they have also started to demonstrate some of the undesirable characteristics (& biases) of the other Arms. And why not? If such behavior goes unpunished & even rewarded, the IN will imbibe the lesson that its ok to take the easy way out, its ok to dip into the gravy train & its ok to have an attitude of "since no one else cares for Atmanirbhar, why should we?"

This is why examples must be made of senior people - publicly. So that others watching will learn the right lessons
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Stop giving out Scorpene plaques and build more Scorpenes!!! :lol:

https://x.com/navalgroup/status/1783397739767706009 ---> We are honoured to welcome General Anil Chauhan, CDS_India (@HQ_IDS_India) and Indian dignitaries at our headquarters in Paris. It was an opportunity to exchange on our long-standing cooperation with the Indian Defence industry in the spirit of Aatmanirbhar Bharat to offer our latest generation of technologies to the Indian Navy.

R Charan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Charan »

P-75I Delays Leave India Vulnerable as Pakistan's Hangor Class Grows

https://defence.in/threads/p-75i-delays ... rows.6100/
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^^

Don't worry.

Its all part of super intellectual plan the brass has come up with.

The capabilities desired by the brass were not available with any in service design in 2014. The South Koreans have developed a new design that has a VLS. Are you not able to see that the Indian program was designed to take SSK tech to the next level. So much so, that the South Koreans are not even in the running right now.

The other boat was one of the Amur Family with VLS. Yet that boat is also not in the running. The DRDO AIP is such a dead end that we know that it cannot be scaled up. Or even further developed to power a different JV project.