Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Hriday
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

Post by Hriday »

I had earlier forwarded several tweets by @AstroAmigo who had a very good track record in predictions. She once forwarded a suggestion by @PunyaPrakop and follows him. A recent prediction by him is given below.

https://twitter.com/PunyaPrakop_/status ... sTwTQ&s=19
श्री गणेशाय नमः
#Prediction_time_for_Tamilnadu.
If 1.3.1953 is correct DOB of Stalin, he has a high possibility of getting a jolt on 4th June 2024. Shani is passing over his Surya and also affecting his Moon.

I told this 5 years ago which I am repeating. Stalin has high chances of losing power in next assembly elections as he'll be affected by Ashtam Shani while transit Rahu will be over his Sun and transit Ketu will be afflicting his Moon.

Thus, I am reasonably confident of tectonic shift in Tamilnadu's political landscape. Lotus is getting ready to bloom in the Dravidian कीचड़ (Filth).
Hriday
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

Post by Hriday »

Admins and others, I am forwarding several astrological predictions here. Only three more now. Hope nobody have any problem with this. These astrologers are well learned and had a good track record.

1. From @AstroAmigo
https://twitter.com/AstroAmigo/status/1 ... 4Hy8g&s=19
India will see a plethora of judicial reforms after November 2026.

Please note that I do not target (or intend to target) the judiciary in this tweet.
2. From @PunyaPrakop

https://twitter.com/PunyaPrakop_/status ... ziBVQ&s=19
Let me conclude here for now.

One of the most important configurations that gives indomitable atma-shakti, which was found in charts of CiOJ, Mota Bhai and Yogi ji, is also present in the chart of K Annamalai Avargal.

Most Grahas are free from “dwi-dwādash” sambandh, i.e. free from 2-12 relationships.

I have discussed this particular configuration in 3 PunyaPrakop youtube videos wherein I discussed Modi ji, Mota bhai and Yogi ji’s prospects.

I have developed strong ज्योतिष तर्क backed by intuitive faculty that Annamalai Avl is a सिंह लग्न जातक (Leo ascendant native).

Conclusions:
1. K Annamalai avl is very likely winning on 4th June 2024 from Coimbatore.

2. He is destined to become CM of TN soon in his Surya MD.

3. Imo, from the charts I have studied and discussed in videos too, Mota bhai is very likely the next PM. Yogi ji after his (Mota bhai’s) 10 year term and Annamalai avl is in line to become PM after roughly 25 years.

This uninterrupted succession of BJP leadership is destined to take Bharat to the pinnacle of Glory that Sanātan Dharmi Bharat mata so richly deserves.

॥ॐ नमः शिवाय॥
(By CiOJ, he meant Modi. Chosen instrument of Jagadamba)

3. Uday Mahurkar, former central RTI Commissioner forwarded an astro prediction by Niranjan Shukla who had correctly predicted the 2014 and 2019 loksabha elections about the chance of BJP in 2024 loksabha elections. Link below.
https://twitter.com/UdayMahurkar/status ... c-2EA&s=19
My Jyotishguru Niranjan Shukla ji has predicted electoral future of @BJP4India & PM @narendramodi with great accuracy. He gave 270-290 seats in 2014 & 288-314 in 2019. ‘Ab ki Baar 400 Paar’ is a recent cry. But it was in 2019 that he gave 350+ to BJP & 400+ to NDA in 2024 polls.

Such constant accuracy in electoral prediction is rare but the Mumbai-based Niranjan bhai has demonstrated it with precision. When he first saw PM Modi’s kundali in 2013 he called it similar to Sardar Patel’s. Let us see now how correct he turns out on June 4 when results will be out.

Man of high character personally, Niranjan bhai runs a Sanskrit Vidyalaya in his native village Mudeti in Gujarat’s Sabarkantha district. It is named Bhagwan Yagnavalkya Ved Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya. Currently he is putting efforts to turn the Vidyalaya into a Sanskrit Centre of excellence with the help of philanthropist @iamuttamdave , a Mumbai-based professional & Make-in-India campaigner
committed to revival of Sanskrit, Vedas & culture through his Pathshala Foundation.

Mudeti village was once a great centre of Shukla Yajurved learning & in 1962 Vinoba Bhave had named it Choti Kashi after he found the pronunciation of Yajurved hymns by Pandits of Mudeti as the best after Kashi. During the Nehru era the tradition started dying for want of patronage till Shuklaji’s father Pandit Anant Dev Shastri & Templeton Award winner & the great reviver of Bharatiya culture Pandurang Athavale ji revived it in 1990s.

Amongst the known people who have graced the place are RSS chief Dr Mohan ji Bhagwat , Yoga Guru Swami Ramdev, late Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswatiji, Dwarkapith Shankaracharya Swami Sadanand Saraswati ji & Swami Satyamitranandji.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Keeping my fingers crossed. Work hard and hope for the best
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

deleted
Last edited by SRajesh on 14 Apr 2024 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

A question:
This Dreeze guy is he a naturalised Indian or a foreign national staying on long term visa??
Suddenly reminds people of paucity of teachers in Jharkhand and not a squeak until now
Question the election
Mazara kya hain
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

SRajesh wrote: 14 Apr 2024 13:41 A question: This Dreeze guy is he a naturalised Indian or a foreign national staying on long term visa??
Suddenly reminds people of paucity of teachers in Jharkhand and not a squeak until now
Question the election
Mazara kya hain
He is one of the associates of Amartya Sen. He is a naturalised Indian citizen. He is also associated with the Tamil Nadu government.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

SRajesh wrote: 14 Apr 2024 13:41 A question:
This Dreeze guy is he a naturalised Indian or a foreign national staying on long term visa??
Question the election
Mazara kya hain
Also, he was a member of the National Advisory Council, ie urban Naxalite therefore eminently qualified.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote: 14 Apr 2024 14:49
SRajesh wrote: 14 Apr 2024 13:41 A question:
Question the election
Mazara kya hain
Also, he was a member of the National Advisory Council, ie urban Naxalite therefore eminently qualified.

married to an Indian naxal Bela Bhatia, lives (or lived sometime) in a dilli slum just to make a point

NAC means soreass and all that khattar panthi leftist shyte

undesirable sleaze bag

Lok Sabha elections as good as rigged: Development economist Jean Dreze

https://www.deccanherald.com/elections/ ... ze-2977553
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Telangana phone-tapping case: Former SIB officials confess to unauthorised surveillance and cash transports in govt vehicles on instructions of BRS leaders

https://www.opindia.com/2024/04/telanga ... s-leaders/
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Last edited by A_Gupta on 14 Apr 2024 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

Covid can be the big factor between 2019, and 2024. Rahul Gandhi 72000 minimum wage failed in 2019, yet the 1L to women could appear differently in 2024 now. Covid has undoubtedly caused much pessimistic, lethargy and that is still reflected today across all sectors.

BJP probably also knows this, and has worked in the alliances to counter it, and reach new voters. The election day itself, voter turnout counts foremost.
RaviB
BRFite

Post by RaviB »

I'm in major dhoti shiver mode and still carry scars from 2004. In general, I'm getting worried by the seeming lack of intensity but there are a couple of signs of hope. I think BJP has adapted its strategy to bypass legacy media and connect to younger voters. They are the ones really relevant for this election.

First is the use of podcasts by all ministers to connect to the 30plus population. Smita Prakash podcasts have been simply great.

Second, the recent interview of Modi ji with gamers. I personally always thought it was a waste of time, seeing my kids spending so much time on it. But now even I am having a rethink. What is easier, getting kids to stop gaming or to channel it into productive directions?

His ideas of bringing in swachh bharat, climate change and Indian culture into gaming is intended in this direction. What also struck me was the "normal" backgrounds of the gamers who met him. Some from Tier 3 towns with difficult family situation for example. This was all different from how I thought about gaming being an upper middle class indulgence.

I have never played a video game (apart from Sudoku on my phone), so not very knowledgeable about the issue. But to hear young gamers calling the PM "cool" is connecting him to first time voters. And there are a lot of them.

These are the small rays of hope I notice in the current campaign. And hopefully Dilbu ji will show up on time to do the needful. I have great faith in his power.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Here's the defense related items in the BJP manifesto.
The BJP released their 2024 Election Manifesto. No direct mention of POK (but that would not be a good idea, as it would give the timing away). The below national defense related items were listed.

1.Continuing Zero Tolerance towards Terrorism: This is directed at Pak. They remind the readers of 2 previous surgical strikes against Pak.
2. Theaterization of Military Commands: For better efficiency. This will help in the next big war, and is China oriented. They have to be prepared for a two front war with Pak-China, along the NW borders, Eastern borders and in the sea.
3. Robust Infrastructure along the borders. They specifically refer to India-Pak, India-China and India-Myanmar borders.
4. Reinforcing fight against drugs: This is Pak oriented, who sends a lot across their border.
5. Implementing the new Indian Penal Code: India used the old British rules, these have been updated to present times to deal with Terrorism and anti-national elements.
6.Implementation of the CAA: This is the new Citizenship act, where minorities (non muslims) of previous Indian territories (Pak, Afgh, Bangladesh) who sought shelter in India are given citizenship in India.
7. Enhance capabilities of armed forces and central armed forces (police) to deal with any threats.
8.National Forsensics Mission: To speed up crime related decisions.
9. To protect India's (Bharat) security interests in the Indian Ocean. This is China focussed.
10. Safeguarding India's Digital Sovereignty: This relates to internet based threats. India has low tolerance for misuse of FaceBook etc. Tik-Tok and tons of Chinese apps are banned.
11. Developing Robust Cybersecurity Policies.

Overall, all this is needed before we can fight China, but should the opportunity arise POK will be taken. Modi and the defense minister have said that many times. When the people of POK start demanding to merge with India, we will know its time.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV46SGXbch0

Sarabjit Singh's Killer Shot Dead By Unknown Men In Pakistan's Lahore

The video is 14:32 minutes long

A Pakistani underworld don, who killed Indian national Sarabjit Singh in jail, was assassinated by two unknown men in Lahore on Sunday, sources told India Today TV.

Amir Sarfaraz, alias Tamba, one of Pakistan's wanted underworld dons, was attacked by motorcycle-borne assailants in the Islampura area of Lahore. He was rushed in critical condition to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, the sources said.

Sarabjit Singh was "convicted of terrorism and spying" by a pakistani court and sentenced to death in 1991. But the government stayed his execution for an indefinite period in 2008. He languished in Pakistani jail and died following an attack on him by pakistani jail inmates in April 2013.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

venkat_kv wrote: 10 Apr 2024 14:28
A lot of people have opined about your post, chetak Saar, a_bharat, Deans and Nachiket Saar as well. I will try answering your points.
1. The BJP has almost always grown as a party in other states where it has tried to consolidate the rest of the groups that have not been in power as compared to some castes/groups in states. Khattar in Haryana was to get all non-Jat votes on a single plank along with a few Jat votes to get to power. Same thing in UP, all non Yadav-muslim votes with some jatav dalit votes going to mayawati and BJP trying to corner the rest. A vast majority of their CM's /state leaders have been from the non dominant or non power sharing castes.

2. The political equations in the erstwhile undivided AP was that the Reddy's ruled the roost which was upended with kammas when NTR and TDP seized power. This also might have played a role in the elevation of a person from the Raju group (Somu Veeraraju being made the state BJP chief). While he was a decent fellow by any normal political standards, the constant media barrages only made him look like a loud mouth and a buffoon that wanted to torpedo the BJP-TDP alliance post 2014. But if you actually look past the headlines all the points of corruption raised by him were a negative for the TDP during the 2019 elections (these were confirmed by the family of a friend from Vijayawada region who said TDP folks just gorged on sand and local roads deals that even hardcore TDP supporters found a little hard to support regarding corruption on ground).

3. the kaapus have also had a presence in AP region and are financially more powerful in AP than say in telangana. The BJP after 2019 election tried very hard to woo Pawan kalyan as a person with mass following (understandably as he is in the movies) and with BJP organisation skills to get work done to increase the reach of the party. they kept working with him silently in the background.

4. All of that changed sometime end of 2022 beginning of 2023 when Pawan Kalyan was denied entry into Vizag i believe where he was asked to not travel inside or outside a vehicle citing law and order issue and he sat on the bonnet of a car and went around addressing people and later went of profanity laced tirade against YS Jagan govt. There was a news cycle for almost a week showing a resurgent Janasena and that Pawan kalyan would fight the next elections seriously.

5. Then CBN came to meet Pawan and after a closed door meeting it was decided to work together to defeat YS jagan. all of that was limited to words and this is probably the beginning of the drifting between Janasena and the BJP who worked for 2-3 years together when the same TDP media often lampooning Pawan kalyan as somebody that doesn't have a steady policy on anything nor is he a serious politician.

6. It looks like BJP after removing Yeddurappa and loosing Lingayat votes in 2023 elections has focused on the south to get seats by promoting same dominant caste strategy to garner votes. (or any strategy to garner votes and this led to Purandeshwari being made the BJP chief for AP). She is the daughter of NTR and had a falling out with Naidu after he took over the party from NTR in the mid 90's.

7. The BJP wanted to fight it alone from earlier reports, but after CBN's arrest it looks like Pawan kalyan took the decision to align himself with the TDP and has later dragged the BJP into the same alliance as well.

8. the BJP by itself doesn't have any prospects in the state due to the media's negative campaign against the BJP for the past 10 years. an average voter doesn't know what BJP has done for the state in terms of railways, national highways, railway zone and other central schemes. The minister in ys jagan govt Roja goes in an interview and says that YS jagan should be re-elected as he gave free covid vaccines, there is no one to correct her either from the TDP or the TDP affiliated media that this is patently false. but it suits their agenda fine that BJP hasn't done anything for the state.

9. The BJP needs a newer media strategy or at the very least needs to have an affiliated media channel to tell their version of things. TDP and YSRCP have their own media channels that blatantly defend the party's position.

10. Swami Paripoornanda has worked for the past 2-3 years in Hindupuram consitituency only to be denied a ticket as TDP wasn't willing to give up that seat. He said in an interview that of all seats proposed by BJP (BJP wanted 6 MP seats and only Tirupati was given and the rest were changed). Purandeshwari had assured him that his name was sent as BJP candidate for Hindupuram MP constituency, but TDP rejected it saying there are 2-3 lakh muslim voters and we might loose them as saffron clad person would polarize the elections. The TDP pro media had the gall to initially say that TDP just okayed whatever lists the BJP sent and it was BJP that didn't send his name.

11. the reason for allying with pawan kalyan and his janasena party by TDP is not due to goodness in their hearts. in these past 5 years after TDP was numerically decimated in the elections (with TDP getting close to 40% vote and Jana Sena getting 5-6% and YSRCP getting 49-50% in 2019 elections translating to 23 seats for TDP, 1 seat for JSP and 151 to the YSRCP), there has been a ground change in some of the areas. The kaapus seem to come to a conclusion that why should only Kammas and Reddys enjoy power. We too should be enjoying it as we are no less dominant than them and it looks like from initial set of surveys the kaapu leaders have asked their community to support their candidate (as in kaapu cadidate) irrespective of the party he is representing. this is another dynamic at play in this election.
a_bharat wrote: 09 Apr 2024 13:20 Here's my two cents on the AP scenario:

For TDP, this time it is a net-negative to have an alliance with BJP. It will lose the small percentage of Muslim votes it now gets. Its cadre are also unhappy with the alliance. TDP needs alliance with Pawan Kalyan's Janasena that had some 5-6% vote share in the previous elections.

In the end, BJP is the only gainer in this alliance. Sure, there was opposition from TDP for BJP clowns like GVL Narasimha Rao, Somu Veerraju and Vishnuvardhan Reddy, as they are seen as coverts of YCP in BJP. I don't think there will be any transfer of votes from BJP to TDP. TDP to BJP vote transfer will happen from TDP voters who hate YCP more than the BJP. Others may just sit out. It remains to be seen how much vote transfer happens between TDP and Janasena. The main communities that support these two parties were against each other in the past.

It is this constant press by pro-tdp media that normal people are called clowns and jokers and coverts of YSRCP just because they raised procedural lapses and corruption in the TDP govt. Whenever TDP has aligned with the BJP, it has made a conscious decision to see that the votes it gains are more than the minority votes it looses. that is why they dropped BJP like a hot potato in 2004 and after saying that he would never align with BJP due to Modi and godra, he went back in 2014. if TDP could have won on its own they wouldn't have gone for an alliance. For 10 years the media has been projecting BJP as a devil (this even in 2014 when there was an alliance and this was with CBN's tacit blessings to target the BJP in the state and center), how can you now expect the average TDP supporter to turn up and vote BJP in an election. Should BJP loose any seats this same media will turn around and say that seats given to BJP were wasted. (you can write it down now)

I will just give some instances - in 2016 or 2017 when the alliance was still on Amit Shah was the BJP national president and was coming to Tirupati from Karnataka by road and it was at around 4 or 5 in the morning when stones were pelted on his vehicle. CBN said he was going to look into it and at the end didn't do anything saying after a week that people in AP are disappointed over the non-conferring of special status to the sate of AP, but how did a BJP president itinerary or road map get leaked that people were waiting to throw stones, none of it was asked by the media either.

ii. at the end of last year CBN was arrested by the Jagan govt alleging corruption. the TDP handles in youtube and in the media said that there was no case and CBN will come out in a week, when that disn't pan out the narrative changed to officers and judiciary bending to please jagan for favors and then it was invisible hands directing from Delhi to finish TDP and Modi using all institutions to finish TDP as CBN is the only one who can credibly take down Modi (this kind of guttersnipe comments are passed as analysis by a person just talking and is repeated on a loop till it become defacto truth for most people as there is no counter points). there is a saying that the wife couldn't do anything to her husband so she showed her anger/frustration on the child that is apt here.

iii. the most recent one regarding the alliance - Naidu Saab kept going to Delhi to meet BJP leaders over alliance while the pro-TDP media was busy saying that leader from Delhi are "begging for an alliance" with TDP but Naidu saab is resolutely thinking all options as his decisions are for the people of AP and not for himself or his party or some such balderbash.

It is this kind of divorce from reality that will prove fatal for the TDP party in the long run as all their thinking and attack strategies seem to have been outsourced to media house that are commie and congress pasand in their outlook for national issues.

Venkat ji, Thanks for the details and very good analysis, almost agree entirely agree and familiar w/ most of these episodes, which is what provoked the question on the rationale for the strategy. My conclusion is that BJP central leadership has forsaken AP for 2024 elections and has decided to focus on areas where they can potentially make a difference - like TN/Telangana. AP is perhaps a beyond 2029 project.

Should BJP loose any seats this same media will turn around and say that seats given to BJP were wasted. (you can write it down now)
I would even go a step further and say that TDP vote may even transfer to YSRCP to defeat BJP as part of their anti-hindutva, anti-BJP mindset.

@a_bharat, the branding of state level BJP leaders as "Jokers" is a cheap tactic fueled by arrogance of regional parties. Same lingo was used against Annamalai by DMK. Hope we don't echo their arrogance here. These TDP b@sruds even abused Modiji in filthy, disgusting language barely few months ago and their mouth pieces are completely ignoring BJP even now. Then the question of <1% vote share. Its a fact that many BJP/RSS karyakartas transferred their votes to YSRCP in 2019 and its believed BJP has at least 3-4% vote share depending on the region.

I think the obvious political battle should've been between TDP/DMK+Cong+Commie aka INDI alliance (CBN) vs YSRCP (Jagan) vs BJP+JS (either PK or Swami Paripoornananda). Unfortunately, Pawan Kalyan has proved to be a gutless, spineless coward who cannot hold his own.

Frankly, BJP should've covertly supported Jagan to finish off TDP. The alliance is pointless and leads unnecessary credibility to snakes like CBN. Now the latest Poll surveys from non-MSM sources are showing what was intuitively expected - that Jagan is going to register a massive win both in assembly & parliament elections as TDP votes are not transferring to BJP or even to Jana Sena, given their supremacist behavior and BCs who formed the backbone of the party, have deserted it for YSRCP. There are some events of infighting happening in public as well, a BJP candidate was confronted in public by TDP activists and heckled for wearing TDP party colors along w/ BJP colors, because apparently its an insult to them to have someone from BJP wear their party colors. There are posters of BJP president that were torn by TDP activists for not prominently highlighting CBN. Now anger is against Modi in SM for merely tweeting about speedy recover of Jagan in a minor accident during campaigning. It would've been better if BJP was never part of this alliance, and waited to pick up the pieces after Jagan finishes off CBN.

I know many Hardcore Hindutva voters who will be voting YSRCP this time around as well, and if I had my vote there, I too would have done the same.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The congi manifesto has ben printed on paper that is soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent.

people seem to like it and are grateful, especially in places like bangalore where there is a grave shortage of water.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

My message on Whatsapp when people raise questions on Modi. Please make spread as you like

Visionary: Top leaders have a clear vision of where they want to take their organization or team. They can articulate this vision effectively and inspire others to work towards it. (1. Modi 2. Vajpayee 3. Nehru)

Effective Communication: They excel in communication, both in conveying their vision and in listening to others. They can communicate with different stakeholders in a way that is clear, persuasive, and inspiring. (1. Modi 2. Vajpayee 3. Indira 4. Nehru)

Decisiveness: Top leaders are decisive and can make tough decisions, even in the face of uncertainty. They weigh options carefully but don't shy away from taking action when needed. (1. Modi 2. Indira 3. Nehru 4. Vajpayee)

Integrity: Integrity is essential for earning trust and respect. Top leaders act with honesty, fairness, and transparency, and they hold themselves to high ethical standards. (1. Modi and Vajpayee 2. Manmohan 3. Nehru)

Empathy: They understand the needs and concerns of others and can empathize with them. This helps them build strong relationships and foster a positive work environment. (1. Vajpayee 2. Manhmohan 3. Modi 4. Nehru)

Resilience: Leadership often involves facing challenges and setbacks. Top leaders demonstrate resilience, staying focused and optimistic even in difficult times. (1. Modi and Indira 2. Nehru 3. Vajpayee 4. PVNR )

Adaptability: The ability to adapt to change is crucial in today's fast-paced world. Top leaders are flexible and open-minded, willing to adjust their strategies in response to new information or circumstances. (1. Modi 2. Vjapayee and Nehru 3. PVNR 4. Indira )

Strategic Thinking: They have a strategic mindset, able to see the big picture and anticipate future trends and challenges. This allows them to make informed decisions and plan for the long term. (1. Modi 2. Nehru 3. PVNR 4. Vajpayee)

Empowerment: Top leaders empower their team members, trusting them with responsibilities and providing support and resources to help them succeed. They foster a culture of collaboration and innovation. (1. Vajpayee 2. Modi (Nirmalaji, Gadkari, Health minister Mandaviya, Piyush and also Ashwini Vaishnaw) 3. PVNR (MMS as FM) 4. Nehru (He has start studded leaders but he never listened to them on China in 1962)

Continuous Learning: Leadership is a journey of continuous growth and development. Top leaders are committed to learning and self-improvement, seeking feedback and seeking out opportunities for learning and development. (1. Modi and Nehru 2. Indira 3. Vajpayee). Nehru has the vision he needed to take independent India towards dams/education institutions and several scientific universities). But he lacked ability to take advice or empower ministers who were very intellectual giants like Rajaji, Kamraj, Radhakrish, Sardar Patel. He always used to look for validation from Europeans (especially elite white women) and gave away all the leadership chances Kennedy were giving to China (UN, Kashmir problem, China war). Never listened to any advice even from military. Bur nevertheless helped India to set up a great foundation . He dismissed several Communist Governments using article 356.

Indira is corrupt, nepotistic, emergency but a strong leader who nationalized banks, fought Bangladesh war. Her economic vision was socialistic but did a lot for the poor. She institutionalized corruption. She also interfered in Srilanka thru LTTE and dealt problems like Punjab by propping up folks like Bhindranwale. She dismissed most state governments using article 356 on on pretext or other. She also received funding from USSR.

I won't cover Manmohan. He was only front facing but behind him was $onia, a corrupt regime which destroyed India totally. MMS did not standup. MMS Govt. could not pass a semiconductor policy and kept Intel waiting for 6 months with $2B investment and equipment stuck in customs. Sad!!!!!

Vajpayee was very gentle. He had a vision but lacked toughness or did not know who is giving right advice. He did good things on infra, liberalization and on nuclear tests. There is a reason he lost. He mistook too much praise on the face and missed many pitfalls and lost the election.

Finally Modi - Modi came with a lot of questions based on 2002 allegations and huge propaganda against him. Modi is not a soft leader like Vajpayee but a visionary. His first job was Jandhan accounts. People made fun of zero balance accounts. But even I did not understand the financial inclusion with zero bank balance. Once they linked Jandhan, Aadhar they used it for Mudra loans, Direct Benefits Transfer. They funded banks accounts for women in Covid time.

Delivered 2 Billion doses of vaccine without any partiality to all sections thru health infrastructure. They set up Ayuhman Bharat and Jan Aushadi stores helping crores and all states. The money transfers and benefits are never discriminated against any section including minorities. Not a single Muslim or poor Hindus can complain that they had been denied benefits because of their background (unlike UPA which only made schemes for minorities excluding poor Hindus even now in their states). He has been moving in solar, Semi conductor fabs. We now have 23 IITs, 21 IIMs, 20 AIIMS now (Vajpayee, MMS and Modi all contributed). They made UPI successful scaling it up to every corner of India. Toilets, Electricity, and now Tap water for all people were another great vision for rural India without any discrimination. Make In India is another initiative which needs more time to evaluate. Swatch Bharat, Skills India initiatives are great but as we have seen, leaders like CBN have been stealing all funds without using them properly. He did not dismiss a single Govt. using Article 356.

Overall on all leadership skills and achievements, I will rate Modi as #1, Vajpayee/PVNR as #2, and Nehru as #3 and Indira as #4
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ChatGPT provided ...

It seems like you've provided a comprehensive analysis of Narendra Modi's leadership qualities and achievements across various domains. Let's summarize:

Visionary: Narendra Modi has implemented several visionary initiatives such as the Jan Dhan Yojana, Direct Benefits Transfer, Ayushman Bharat, Jan Aushadhi stores, infrastructure development, and the "Har Ghar Jal" scheme, all aimed at improving the lives of citizens and promoting inclusive development.

Effective Communication: Modi's oratory skills and direct communication with the public, including through programs like "Mann Ki Baat," have been instrumental in connecting with the masses and fostering engagement and dialogue.

Decisiveness: Modi has demonstrated decisiveness by swiftly implementing policies and initiatives, though he has also shown flexibility in responding to feedback and criticism.

Integrity: Modi has maintained a clean image, avoiding personal financial scandals and nepotism in politics, and focusing on transparency, accountability, and efficiency in governance.

Resilience: Modi has shown resilience by listening to feedback and responding to criticism, as evidenced by his government's handling of contentious issues like the recent farm laws.

Adaptability: Modi has displayed adaptability through initiatives like Make in India and UPI, as well as by embracing new technologies and addressing emerging challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic.

Strategic Thinking: Modi's strategic thinking is evident in initiatives like the "Vaccine Maitri" program, support for African countries, and engagement with world leaders to strengthen bilateral ties and address global challenges.

Empowerment: Modi has empowered team members through initiatives like Make in India and by prioritizing inclusivity and development for all citizens.

Continuous Learning: Modi has displayed a commitment to continuous learning and innovation, as seen in his adaptation to new technologies and initiatives such as solar energy and the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.

Overall, these qualities and achievements underscore Narendra Modi's leadership style and his efforts towards promoting development, inclusivity, and global cooperation.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Guys, this is a crazy useful site. Share widely: https://shwetapatra.in/

You select the state & constituency - it shows you all the work done by Modi sarkar there!

Random example: Bangalore Rural Dashboard

It also generates Infographics for each topic like Ayushman Bharath in Bangalore Rural

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote: 12 Apr 2024 22:19
KLNMurthy wrote: 12 Apr 2024 05:52 Can I trouble you to give an idiot’s guide explanation of the Supreme Court’s reasoning in declaring electoral bonds unconstitutional?

i.e., freedom of speech, to be meaningful, requires "information which would be necessary to further participatory democracy in other forms and is not restricted to information about the functioning of public officials".
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Sounds to me like it’s a huge stretch by the Supreme Court.

In any case, it appears to my layman’s mind that all that the electoral bonds law did was to replace the earlier “suitcases of cash” with banking instruments. If anything, it could be seen as a violation of FMLA, given that there is potential for turning black money into white. Wonder why the court didn’t take that route? Maybe because it would be a retroactive application?

Now I am curious whether the electoral bonds law included a confidentiality provision; (or maybe all bonds are covered by banking confidentiality regulations?) that would match the SC’s justification.

In that case, they could have just struck down the confidentiality part.

In any case, the braying about it being the biggest scam in history is nonsense.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://youtu.be/d2NbdmDokh0?feature=shared
The REAL Dictators of India

Please spread this around
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

This deserves special youtube tag. Don't object for this

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

KLNMurthy wrote: 15 Apr 2024 18:51 Sounds to me like it’s a huge stretch by the Supreme Court.
One point in the journey was whether voters had the right to know about candidates' criminal convictions and asset accumulations.
The Court said, yes, they do.

Then later it noted that political parties are not mentioned in the Constitution, but if voters have the right to know about candidates, they do about parties.
In any case, it appears to my layman’s mind that all that the electoral bonds law did was to replace the earlier “suitcases of cash” with banking instruments. If anything, it could be seen as a violation of FMLA, given that there is potential for turning black money into white.
The bank is supposed to conduct a full "Know Your Customer" (KYC) on anyone purchasing electoral bonds, I am not sure that black money can be turned into white by this mechanism. The bank then issues bonds with the only identifying mark being a serial number; the purchaser gets the bonds into the hands of which political parties they choose, and the political parties cash the bonds. Of course, the purchaser can tell the party, "I'm giving you these bonds", but in principle they could remain anonymous from the political party as well.

And the electoral bond purchase would be an income tax deduction for the purchaser.

Wonder why the court didn’t take that route? Maybe because it would be a retroactive application?
[/quote]

Yes, the black money route of donations is much more prone to abuse. :D
In any case, the braying about it being the biggest scam in history is nonsense.
So I saw some tweets that Megha Engineering was awarded the Zojila Pass Tunnel project with a timing that lines up with its purchase of electoral bonds that it gave to the BJP, the implication being that the award of the contract was improper.

However, as far as I can tell, the strategically important Zojila Pass Tunnel which would give India an all-weather road from Srinagar to Leh was conceived of in 2013 (UPA), and the government tried very hard to find a contractor who could deliver. The high altitude tunnel(s) in the Himalayas is very challenging. So the govt even changed the design/requirements.

Three times the contract was awarded and then cancelled, I think, twice because of non-performance of the contractors. Once Congressi Digvijay Singh alleged corruption on the part of Gadkari in awarding the contract and so the contract award was scrapped and redone. When Megha Engineering won the contract it was the lowest bid of the three (L&T, IRCon(?) were the other two). Surely they would have complained if they thought there was any shortcoming in the contract award. And as far as I can tell from press reports, Megha is doing a competent job.

I worry that this "greatest scam in history" will damage India's strategic interests.

I can't say that there were never any scams run with electoral bonds. What I can say that as far as the (prior to electoral bond reports) news available in the public over the years about the very important Zojila tunnel project is concerned, everything has the appearance of being above board. Allegations should not be randomly thrown about, but only when there is good reason to think that something wrong has occurred.

About Zojila Tunnel - I may have some detail wrong, if some BRFer has been following it, please correct me.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@A_Gupta

Thanks again for shedding light on this opaque (to me) topic.

Q. Where do India’s electoral bonds stand on the electoral & administrative transparency vis-a-vis self-styled “gold standard” of US?

- in US, individual contributions have limits, but PACs can funnel unlimited and untraceable contributions

- in US, contributions can be to individual candidates as well as parties

- in US, there is strong correlation between special interest political contributions and policy decisions. And this is not illegal, nor does it arouse widespread outcry about corruption.

In general, political contributions in a free market democracy with strong intersection between govt & business, and having the right to public participation is not a problem that has an optimal solution on all axes like transparency, high cost of contesting, right to participate in politics & influence them, right to be protected from victimization by the “other” party, etc.

IMO, electoral bonds system is no worse than the US one.

Q. In Indian context, did electoral bonds make things better or worse, or made no substantial difference compared to the earlier system of political contributions?

On this, I don’t have a strong opinion, though I’d guess it doesn’t make a substantial difference.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@A_Gupta

As to damaging India’s strategic interests (may be even providing causus belli for sanctions in some scenarios) it seems the electoral bond propaganda is not the only hazard. INC has pulled out all the stops to wreck the foundations of the Indian system and confidence in it, and this is just one aspect.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

IMO, the Indian system is good and more rational that the US.

(1) Political contributions via white money are encouraged - get a income tax deduction for any non-cash donations to any political party registered with the Chief Election Commission (in the US, political donations do not get a income tax deduction).

(2) Political parties are tax-exempt provided they file audited income tax returns, declare all donors who gave above Rs 20,000, and follow some other rules (e.g., money donated to the political party cannot be used to give business loans). A political party loses its income tax exemption for each year that they do not follow the rules. (In the US, the penalties for not following campaign finance laws are negligible, and the laws are very difficult to enforce. Further, this IT department type enforcement is a no-go in the US, one party is for defunding the US IRS - its Income Tax Department.)

(3) AFAIK, there are no limits on political contributions, except for some sanity checks, like On the donor, it cannot be more than 100% of their income.

These were the rules before electoral bonds and are the rules after electoral bonds.

And just consider the disincentive to cheating: if the IT dept investigates some random person, finds that that person donated to a political party above Rs 20,000 and then finds that the political party did not declare that contribution - the penalty to the political party is huge - they now have to pay income tax on everything they collected that year.

That is, the party is at the mercy of random forces for its tax liability. The sane thing to do would be to not cheat.

And yet everyone seems to cheat; and it is likely because no one expected the laws to be implemented. Electoral bonds were introduced as a way of saying, ok, we'll grant anonymity, but don't cheat.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: 15 Apr 2024 21:47 The bank then issues bonds with the only identifying mark being a serial number; the purchaser gets the bonds into the hands of which political parties they choose, and the political parties cash the bonds. Of course, the purchaser can tell the party, "I'm giving you these bonds", but in principle they could remain anonymous from the political party as well.
Is there a way to deliver the bonds to the politiacl parties chosen by the purchaser w/o the pol party not knowing who the purchaser is as well as the banks not knowing to which pol party the purchaser gave the bonds? have to know If that can be arranged, then there can't be any quid-pro-quo between pol parties and the purchasers. Banks are also unaware of which purchaer(s) supported which political parties.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

vijayk wrote: 15 Apr 2024 20:31 Uddhav Thackarey went slow on Palghar Sadhu lynching probe because Raul Vinci told him to (must have gotten instructions from the Vatican)
Paraphrased your image because I didnt want to re-post it

Now that Shinde & Fadnavis are in power, what have they done about it?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

In court supported giving case to CBI last year. Now CBI is investigating it.

This year met with the survivors of the killed and gave financial assistance.

RSS has adopted 150 villages in Palghar and working on the ground against Missionary Marxist alliance.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1780 ... 08130.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sasural Me Khoob Hui khatirdari :mrgreen:

KER - No.1 in ISIS placement. Another KER Muslim caught by the Afghan secret service.

Last edited by nachiket on 18 Apr 2024 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduce size of images
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

chetak wrote: 16 Apr 2024 16:34 Sasural Me Khoob Hui khatirdari :mrgreen:

KER - No.1 in ISIS placement. Another KER Muslim caught by the Afghan secret service.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK35DxGWMAA ... name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GK35D7QW4AA ... name=large
Can I request you please edit these to "name=large" to "name=small" in future?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is a video from 2019, where the vultures have gathered for the wake after the electoral defeat and are allegedly "introspecting" ..... the mood is sombre and funereal ..

I would like to hold those who voted for Modi by their collar and say, you idiots’: Yogendra Yadav has a meltdown before introspecting

There are some surprising points made by yadav

don't forget to get a good look at the nation's self serving "benefactors" seated at the table, the venom of these "well wishers", in the meanwhile, has only grown exponentially, in the run up to the 2024 elections

freeloader yadav is sorely disappointed and disheartened that he has, once again, missed a seat at the high table

The video is 16:08 minutes long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPgoW6sdHc

How India Voted: Making Sense of the 2019 General Election - Yogendra Yadav

this was the election where the dimwit dynast was gobsmacked by the results and floored by the outcome because he totally believed his gora BIF uncles/aunties who told him that the 2019 election was in the bag

This time around the dimwit is being blocked and thwarted at every twist and turn and that leaves him dead in the water and frustrated beyond endurance, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :mrgreen:
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I have a conspiracy theory about Rahul Gandhi.

He is a dynast in a party, the stewardship of which has resulted in the loss of his grandmother and father. He was afraid for the safety of his mother after 2004.

Could it be that he has decided to destroy the Congress party, root and branch?

If the Congress is dead, then no Gandhi will be required to lead it. Thus, he is able to insure safety for what's left of his family.

I know that this paints him as a more competent political operator, then he appears to be. But is it possible?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

No wonder the dotty alliance are squealing like stuck pigs and the dimwit dynast is so frustrated

the dotty alliance's testimonials are being squeezed like never before :mrgreen:

ECI makes biggest ever seizure in Lok Sabha history, has seized Rs 100 crore each day since March 1, totaling an astonishing Rs 4,650 crore even before the commencement of polling.

That's 34% increase from the Rs 3,475 crore seized during the entire 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/lok-sab ... ns-5446063
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Pratyush wrote: 16 Apr 2024 19:39 I have a conspiracy theory about Rahul Gandhi.

He is a dynast in a party, the stewardship of which has resulted in the loss of his grandmother and father. He was afraid for the safety of his mother after 2004.

If the Congress is dead, then no Gandhi will be required to lead it. Thus, he is able to insure safety for what's left of his family.

I know that this paints him as a more competent political operator, then he appears to be. But is it possible?
I don't know if the problem is more with Duryodhan or with Shakunis who form the inner coterie who is responsible for the urban naxalism idealogy. I suspect the latter.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Pratyush wrote: 16 Apr 2024 19:39 I have a conspiracy theory about Rahul Gandhi.

saar, if you want to portray that Rahul Gandhi is a savior of his family, i would think it would be more to actually enjoy the fruits of years of plunder full time (instead of his part time enjoyment). looking at his mom and himself, the amount of gandhiness or the affinity to their own family seems flimsy at best, opportunistic at most.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Vijay Patel @vijaygajera

Azim Premji University and Ashoka University are matters of huge concern.

They are poisoning young minds with their anti-Hindu and LGBTQ propaganda.

Most people from these universities are going to lead private and government sectors.
How to get these under the scanner of MAD?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

My thoughts on TN. Putting my neck out here for posterity.

What is going on in TN is not a wave. It is several tides, crosscutting tides that is going to throw surprising results. For the jingoes here, it will be surprising on the positive side. And remember, lot of true nationalists are called "chaddis", "chaddiwallahs" on X-Twitter. So do hold on to your "chaddis" since it is going to be blown away.

As I am typing this, I am watching Thiru Annamalai's road show in Coimbatore. And as I see it, it is disorganized, chaotic since it is full of people. And very festive. It is like 800 ppl are invited, you expect 1600 and 8000 show up. Whoever is contesting against Annamalai is definitely not seen. Neither are they getting the space. What to do only?Wait, there seems to be something going on in Sivaganga as well!

Anyway I digressed. All the poll pundits will analyze and say this much polling percentage and that much poll and this much vote etc. All the data and quantitative analysis is valid, but for now put them aside. Maybe they are right. But maybe, just maybe they are being too polite. Or maybe I am off my rockers.

What is going on in TN is unprecedented. It is difficult to describe, but I will not call it a wave. I will call it a riptide. Yes a Riptide.

1. There is a substantial pro-Modi wave going on. In TN, under PM Awas Yojna is called "Modi Home". Several people remember it by that name. And they know that since 10 years, Modi has been fighting for them.

2. Pro-Annamalai wave. Yes, Annamalai has emerged as the leader in TN where all non=core DMK and AIDMK can coalesce.

3. Youth wave. Young TN voters, particularly the first timers are not too enamored by the DMK/ADMK parties. The aspirational youth have moved beyond the Dravida reach.

4. Anti-incumbency wave. MKS has one leg in the grave. Maybe both. The junior stalin has proven to be a pappu of TN. Like giving the LKFC award to goobear! I would hasten that the DMK vote share has already collapsed. Same for AIDMK.

5. Anti-corruption, pro-aspiration wave. Not many is enthused by dole. What they want is control and success.

And to top it, ECI has already caught >4k crores of "voter incentives" that has put a dent on the hoochers enthusiasm.

TN is ready for a change. And it will change. If not in 2024, then in 2026. DMK is on its way out. AIDMK is going to fade away.

And I think BJP may, and just maybe cross 20 seats.

Let's see. In the worst case, it will get Coimbatore and Sivaganga.