Indian Defence Websites Watch

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CPrakash
BRFite

Post by CPrakash »

ajaymki wrote:[

thanks for your kind words security was a 60 page magazine which we had launched in oct 2003 was launched in three cities Bangalore, Mumbai, and Goa but we had a tuf time selling the magazine we did reduced the magazine pages from 60 to 45 but with limited subscription and poor sales
we had remove it from the shelf , we do have some old copies of the magazine i might scan them for you guys but articles are old now !!! we may relaunch the magazine but we kinda are not sure yet
Please do give us some preview, I personall would love to see a mag bought out by the enthusiasts and for the enthusiasts. if nothing less, you might get some pointers from some dudes over here fwiw. look forward to your guys efforts.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

A rather inaccurate article on IPKF operations with some ridiculous gaffes.

http://sill-www.army.mil/FAMAG/1990/APR ... _27_30.pdf

whats ridiculous?

Indian 130-mm self-propelled guns move through the Independence Day Parade at Rawalpindi, 23 March 1987.
Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

Shishir
BRFite

Post by Shishir »

Army Ordnance Corps website
http://oscc.gov.in/index.asp

RIMC (Rashtriya Indian Military College) official website
http://www.rimc.org
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

New Warbird at RIMC,

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Finally

the new revamped IAF website

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

hours of browsing ahead

Should we be happy that they nicked our write ups on the Ex Air Chiefs? :D (the writeups are fast becoming the default bios everywhere)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Harry wrote:New Warbird at RIMC,

Harry I have seen that before but I think it is a visitor rather than a warbird.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Event Title AERO INDIA 2007
Event Venue AF Station Yelhanka
Event Start Date 07-02-2007
Event End Date 11-02-2007
Event Detail International Air Show will be held at Bangalore.

Get ready :d
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Jagan wrote:
Harry wrote:New Warbird at RIMC,

Harry I have seen that before but I think it is a visitor rather than a warbird.
Seems to be on isolated display?

In other news, anyone familiar with the pakis at ACIG would know how they'd try to brown-nose the Iranians and also claim that the IIAF was PAF trained. But the Iranians are smart, they never buy it and the pakis end up getting their asses kicked. I just recently discovered this hilarious thread. Seems like the pukes are still posting Yeager's accounts wherever possible and desperately trying to win credibility,

http://www.irandefence.net/showthread.php?t=3624&page=6

The Iranians, as usual, don't buy it. JCage? :)
And I hate Pakistanie. I work with them every day in Iran, and they are (the educated one) are the most dirty, smelly, but smart people in our organization. JUST PLEASE TAKE A SHOWER WHEN YOU GO TO WORK. Have some one print this in Pakistan and indian news paper.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Regular catfight over there amongst the Pukes, lol. :P
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

check out fully dedticated site on lca-tejas www.lca-tejas.uni.cc
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

It needs a lot of work plus acknowledgment of the sources of (copyrighted) pics and info.
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

sir even i feel there is scope for improvement and about pictures i think there are sourced from offical source i mean ada,drdo,hal and other testing departments
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Then why do I see my (and other peoples) watermarks on certain pics?
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

if that is so please email him
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Harshad
BRFite

Post by Harshad »

http://www.frontierindia.com/forums/

Site Hacked By Anti Israeli group
HACKED BY AYYILDIZ TEAM
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

israel do business like pakistan do business with jordan, syria and egypt.

theres business and big money for israel, i persnally dont have anything against israel, if 22 arab countrys with 260 million people who control 60% of the worlds oil cant defeat 6 million jews its not the problem for pakistan

israel wouldnt even have existed if it border a country called pakistan because we would have defeat them in 2 day
O Paki O Paki Oooooo

Padhna Likhna Seekho, O desh Ke Anpadh Pakiyon
Padhna Likhna Seekooooooo

Seriously though... it would have been fun if indeed Pakistan, the land of the martiak TFTA races was transplanted next to the weak jewish state, which could then have forthwith been dispatched in two days.

Just like the weak Indian state was dispatched by the glorious Bakistan Army, in the fevered dreams of a hundred Bakistan General (Sur).
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Rien
BRFite

Post by Rien »

israel wouldnt even have existed if it border a country called pakistan because we would have defeat them in 2 day
What makes them think this? In all honesty, I'm quite patriotic, and I wouldn't say that either the US, India or Australia posess better armed forces than the Israelis. So why would anyone be delusional enough to write this? What, precisely, makes inhabitants of a third world country honestly believe this crazy statement? You don't see statements of such all encompassing madness from those who can fight and win. So what drives the Pakis to such an incredible view of their own abilities?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Harshad wrote:http://www.frontierindia.com/forums/

Site Hacked By Anti Israeli group
HACKED BY AYYILDIZ TEAM
They are back up at this url now

http://forum.frontierindia.com/index.php

Unfortunately all the older posts seem to have been wiped out.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Not sure if this has been posted before...Official website of the Eastern Command;

http://www.eastarmy.nic.in/index.html
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

I didn't know where to put this but I had a request for the BRadmins/moderators of the BR website.

The websites are really good however they lack one thing. Navigation on the websites can be a pain. I was wondering if someone could add links to the main BR page on all the other pages like Indian Army, Air Force, Missiles, Navy etc. This would make it a lot more easier to navigate. Also, I like the look of the opening page. I was wondering if this look could be made standard on all the other websites. It would add to the overall flow and the asthetics of the BR website. These points may already have been discussed before but I was just throwing out my opinions. Thanks.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

R Sharma wrote:I didn't know where to put this but I had a request for the BRadmins/moderators of the BR website.

The websites are really good however they lack one thing. Navigation on the websites can be a pain. I was wondering if someone could add links to the main BR page on all the other pages like Indian Army, Air Force, Missiles, Navy etc. This would make it a lot more easier to navigate. Also, I like the look of the opening page. I was wondering if this look could be made standard on all the other websites. It would add to the overall flow and the asthetics of the BR website. These points may already have been discussed before but I was just throwing out my opinions. Thanks.
Can you clarify more? the links to IA, AF, Missiles navy etc area already there on the main br page ( www.bharat-rakshak.com ) or do you mean to say add the links to forums.bharat-rakshak.com ? if the latter, the only links missing are the missiles and space sections.
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Jagan,

What i mean is there is no way to go from the Indian Army/AF/Navy page back to the BR main page. So lets say I am on the IA page and I want to go back to the main page, the only way I can do it is to type the address in the address bar or to hit back multiple times till I get back to the BR main page. Having a link that takes you back to the main BR page would help in the navigation. Let me know if you need any more info.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

R Sharma wrote:Jagan,

What i mean is there is no way to go from the Indian Army/AF/Navy page back to the BR main page. So lets say I am on the IA page and I want to go back to the main page, the only way I can do it is to type the address in the address bar or to hit back multiple times till I get back to the BR main page. Having a link that takes you back to the main BR page would help in the navigation. Let me know if you need any more info.
ah.. yes.. usually clicking on the BR Circular logo in any of the sub-site's main page will take you back to the main page. Unfortunately there is no way to go to the main page directly from a page within multiple directories.. say from this page,

but usually it is a two step process. click on the breadcrumb menu on the top to go to the subsite index. and then click on the BR logo to go to main.

Yes not the ideal solution, but better than nothing. again the breadcrumb is not on all pages, but where available make the best of it.

to implement a common bread-crumb across all the pages across the whole site is something that may not take place for some time due to the complexity of the work involved.
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Aha... I see.... not the best solution, but it works....

How about implementing frames or something like that in the main page? then clicking on the links on the left will only affect the frame to the right.... So you always have a navigation link on the left... that way a lot less work would need to get done in terms of revamping all the sites....
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Indian Army Wants to Add Another 1,000 T-90S Tanks by 2020
Site: Defense Industry Daily

Persistent reports that many Indian T-72s lack effective IR-imagine equipment would appear to make such upgrades a priority item, but as Bharat-Rakshak notes, progress has been very slow.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Passage to Indian a military style

Does the above sentence make any grammatical sense? That is the title of the article, in the above link.

French maritime forum with a section devoted to the Indian Navy!
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Broken links in BRF

Post by R Sharma »

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... /Para.html

The links in the Para Commando section are broken. The links are the ones that deal with the Conflicts section like Bluestar, Cactus and Sri Lanka.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Fixed! Thanks Sharma!

--------------------------------------------------

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Rakesh wrote:Fixed! Thanks Sharma!

--------------------------------------------------

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"
Perfecto!
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Question for the webmasters:
I am updating the info on the Gorkha Rifles on wikipedia using BR is my source. I have uploaded the regimental insignia on the web. Is that okay?

Also I may be doing this for the rest of the Gorkha Rifles too. I am just sick of searching for Gorkha Rifles and getting the Brigiade of the Gorkha's (British Army) on wikipedia.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

R Sharma wrote:Question for the webmasters:
I am updating the info on the Gorkha Rifles on wikipedia using BR is my source. I have uploaded the regimental insignia on the web. Is that okay?

Also I may be doing this for the rest of the Gorkha Rifles too. I am just sick of searching for Gorkha Rifles and getting the Brigiade of the Gorkha's (British Army) on wikipedia.
Should be okay - just remember to give a link to the BR GR page at the bottom of the wiki article.

Jagan
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Jagan wrote:
R Sharma wrote:Question for the webmasters:

Should be okay - just remember to give a link to the BR GR page at the bottom of the wiki article.

Jagan
Thanks. Will do.
R Sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by R Sharma »

Eastern Command website

Nicely done website, much better than the official Indian Army website!!
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

lca-tejas.uni.cc is now www.lca-tejas.org the site has been revamped more pages and more details have been added
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Posted by Aditya, BRFite

Did anyone notice? NSG has its own home page now.

http://www.nsg.gov.in/
Rudranathh
BRFite

Post by Rudranathh »

New site on Indian Strategic Matters

http://www.indiastrategic.in/