Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part IX

gauravjkale
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gauravjkale »

guys lets launch a search party for vivek... cant afford missing him in action.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

:)
Some random mantra to try to materlize vivek
ommm! hling kling cahmundaya vichya .... Vivek prakat ho... prakat ho.... repeated 108 times with complete concentration.
It is more effective when we could organize a yagna too.
gauravjkale
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gauravjkale »

Is been two full weeks now..... Vivek give us something or people will just stop visiting the page.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Try this to kill the frustration ............until Viv comes back from holidays.
here
mdhoat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mdhoat »

rsingh...the link's not working.... can you please post a working link for that movie.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

rsingh...the link's not working.... can you please post a working link for that movie.
You have to download Divx Player's plug in to run it.

Thanks rsingh , its working good for me, nice film. I got little idea about How does AWAC work. Specially 3D graphic view of war site was awesome.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

rsingh wrote:Try this to kill the frustration ............until Viv comes back from holidays.
here
Thanks for the link. But I killed the frustration yesterday... what about today.
We want vivek!!! .. we want vivek!!!!
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

:)

Vivek tum etne nisthur ho sakte ho hamne socha na tha. Hamari fariyaad suno.. aur jaldi aayo
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

***************INCOMING BATTLEFIELD TRANSMISSION************

To all BRF War-gamers and Field Commanders:

This is a statement regarding my Declaration of war against BSNL, here, in Pune.

Their attacks against my Battlefield Communications (Read my PC Internet Connection) have been audacious. All provocations started after my Transfer of Base of Operations (my residence) to a new location (a new local address barely a kilometer away). A simple request to transfer voice communications (my landline Phone) and the corresponding Electronic Data transfer systems (my Internet connection) has resulted in a Operation extending
THREE WEEKS
(!!!!!) and whose main objective seems to be deny me this capability for their own strategic reasons (total incompetence and lack of will to perform simplest of tasks) and has led to a total collapse of all battlefield communications with other BRF Commanders in the NCW environment.

This Monstrous attack will not go unanswered. The situation, however, is dire. The battle, here in Pune, is ongoing, and the enemy’s strategic objectives (lack of interest in doing work they are paid for) show no sign of being contained.

The resulting Chaos has led to total loss of networked connectivity in the various ongoing Indo-China Battlefields. The battlefields have been very fluid in the last few weeks, but lacking any data transfer capability with any other BRF Commander has led to total disarray within our C3I centers. All Secondary Communication nodes (Cyber Cafe) lack proper upload capabilities required for efficeient data transfer.

Requesting priority reinforcements from all theatres…

This Signal has been routed through a Back up Communications Node located at a nearby Cyber Café Facility.

***************END BATTLEFIELD TRANSMISSION************
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

Hey Vivek do you stay in Vmnagar??? If yes, you are welcome to come and use the internet at home (i stay in KC), conversely, you can drop me a line at nikhilzmail at lycos dot com. my dad happens to know the bsnl guys and i think we could speed it up... for the mental and emotional well being of the BRFites :wink:
VickersB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VickersB »

Fear not, sit back and have a java - friendy fire is taking down the enemy (BSNL)

Fire in BSNL exchange - Chandigarh
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070701/main1.htm

Fire at Calcutta telephone office
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6902535.stm

Next stop: Pune - actually I dont wish this upon thee!
vivek_ahuja wrote:***************INCOMING BATTLEFIELD TRANSMISSION************

To all BRF War-gamers and Field Commanders:

This is a statement regarding my Declaration of war against BSNL, here, in Pune.

Their attacks against my Battlefield Communications (Read my PC Internet Connection) have been audacious. All provocations started after my Transfer of Base of Operations (my residence) to a new location (a new local address barely a kilometer away). A simple request to transfer voice communications (my landline Phone) and the corresponding Electronic Data transfer systems (my Internet connection) has resulted in a Operation extending
THREE WEEKS
(!!!!!) and whose main objective seems to be deny me this capability for their own strategic reasons (total incompetence and lack of will to perform simplest of tasks) and has led to a total collapse of all battlefield communications with other BRF Commanders in the NCW environment.

This Monstrous attack will not go unanswered. The situation, however, is dire. The battle, here in Pune, is ongoing, and the enemy’s strategic objectives (lack of interest in doing work they are paid for) show no sign of being contained.

The resulting Chaos has led to total loss of networked connectivity in the various ongoing Indo-China Battlefields. The battlefields have been very fluid in the last few weeks, but lacking any data transfer capability with any other BRF Commander has led to total disarray within our C3I centers. All Secondary Communication nodes (Cyber Cafe) lack proper upload capabilities required for efficeient data transfer.

Requesting priority reinforcements from all theatres…

This Signal has been routed through a Back up Communications Node located at a nearby Cyber Café Facility.

***************END BATTLEFIELD TRANSMISSION************
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm.. This is not conincidence
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Ok guys, here is how Israel won 6 day war. Please watch 2nd and 3rd part carefully. Vivek......have you settle your account with BSNL?

6 day war
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

rsingh wrote:Ok guys, here is how Israel won 6 day war. Please watch 2nd and 3rd part carefully. Vivek......have you settle your account with BSNL?

6 day war
Just Awesome.... The Planning... The Stratagey and flawless Execution.... must watch for every one...
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Hello Readers

Vivek is absent. He has good reson to be absent. In the meantime this thread is barren. Vivek had a good thing going for him, unfortunately he is busy elswhere.

Unless you guys can wait for a long time, it is high time to get Shankar back in the driver's seat and get him going on Indo-Pak war scenarios.

Shankar's scenarios are as good. He innovates in various techniques of warfare.

If you guys are in agreement, let us call Shankar and request him to start with his scenarios.

Note: - There is a condition. If Shankar begins then Vivek cannot jump in the middle and mess up the continuity of the scenario. He will have to wait until Shankar finishes.

What do you guys think.

Hari Sud
Kiran.Rao
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kiran.Rao »

Hari Sud wrote: What do you guys think.
Hari Sud
I don't think Vivek needs to wait..we have had scenarios from multiple authors going on at the same time.So let them both post at the same time..no issues .
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

RANGER MINE –AUSTRALIA- MAY 2015

Peter Pollock scowled as he checked the mornings e-mails .On top of the list was the 2000 ton shipment to be delivered before Christmas to Indian atomic energy department in four shipments of 500 tons each of U3O8 or uranium oxide .Added to it the pending order from china for another 2500 tons in more or les the same period meant he will have to arrange additional earth movers and pay substantial overtime to the mine workers pushing up his production cost significantly

Ranger mines is responsible for almost 50% of Australia’s uranium production totaling 10000 tons along with Olympic dam mine and Beverly mines. The landmark civilian nuclear deal between India and United states was good for the Australian uranium mining industries in more ways than one . The huge one time requirement and follow on requirement for India’s civilian nuclear reactors one coming on stream almost every year ensured the Australian and Namibian mines were busy and flush with funds despite serious environment issues raised by the local bodies .Peter knew you cannot have the cake and eat it too .

The Ranger mine and associated town of Jabirus is located 230 kms east of Darwin surrounded by the beautiful Kakadu national park This is a high rainfall monsoonal section of northern Australia with wet season lasting from December thru April .Several rich ore bodies are present in the area the most significant being Jabiluka located 20 km from the main mine complex.

The mine started operating in 1980s at an initial rate of about 3300 tons of uranium oxide concentrate .An additional investment of 53 million dollars increased the production to 5000 tons per year uranium oxide concentrate

At Rangers mining is not done continuously. The first six months of the year is by open pit method followed by processing of the mined ore during next six months .The processing plant is reasonable modern and uranium recovery from ores varies from 91-93%

The price of uranium was never favorable in the Australian mines mainly because of artificially restricted demand for yellow cake in pre 2007 era as some of the biggest customers of uranium which included India were kept out of the market by anachronistic policies unrealistic control regimes. Things began to change after 2007 as US reluctantly agreed to the NSG lobby and allowed export of uranium to India’s civilian nuclear program which was implementing an ambitious program of creating additional 20000 MW of nuclear power capacity based on imported uranium alone .

Ranger mines supplied to all who had the money and agreed to IAEA safeguards and that included countries like Japan, south Korea, France ,Germany, Spain, Sweden ,United States and India.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

Thank God you are back Shankar.

This new scenario about aussie fits perfectly against the backdrop of 123 and inevitable Indian nuclear deal.

Thanks for being BACK!!!!
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Shankar

Thank you and Welcome back
mdhoat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mdhoat »

Thanks Shankar for coming back to this thread. Australia centric and that too in the 2015+ time frame. Simply too overpowering to digest :lol: :idea: :lol: . We all are craving for more. Please don't keep us waiting like Vivek. Great going Shankar.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

After reading shankar post i feel same as some one have felt after drinked water after walking in Sahara Desert for 10 days

Welcome back...
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Important input for scenario writers

[quote]CNS July 26 -- Integrated media reports, Indian Air Force Commander-in-Chief of Eastern Command, Lieutenant General Babola Tuesday (on the 24th) that The Su-30 fighter planes will be stationed in the eastern headquarters first, and will begin deployment near the border Depew Air Base.

。Babola claimed, based on the potential threat of a clear understanding, India's eastern region will be in October ushered in its first Su-30 fighter squadrons.

。â€
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Always nice to see your post Shankar . Some nuclear firework ?!

I am still waiting on the Pakistani shore with Para and Marines to go in.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Uranium found in nature essentially consists of two isotopes U-235 and U-238 .The production of energy in nuclear power reactors as well as weapons is by splitting of U-235 atoms a process which releases thermal energy and consequently U-235 is the main fissile isotope of uranium .Natural uranium contains about 0.7% of U-235 isotope .The remaining 99.3% is mostly U-238 which do not directly contribute to the fission process but is responsible for the formation of Plutonium isotopes very much useful onec separated and enriched in either weapon manufacture or as fuel to breed even more plutonium in advanced fast breeder reactors.

The uranium ore from mines is first crushed in large jaw crushers followed by progressively small crushers till being fed to fine mills to generate ore powder followed y leaching with sulphuric acid to recover uranium content of the ore .The pregnant liquor containing uranium is then separated from the barren tailings and taken to the solvent extraction plant where here uranium is extracted using an amine based kerosene solution as solvent .The solution is then stripped with ammonium sulphate solution and gaseous ammonia .Yeallow ammonium diuranate is then precipitated out from the loaded strip solution by raising the alkalinity or pH of the solution and removed in a number of centrifuges. The final step is conversion of the ammonium di uranate to uranium oxide or U3O8 the product which is shipped

The total proven reserve of uranium ore in Australia as U3O8 is close to 45000 tons and about 25000 tons in low grade deposits containing 0.04% U3O8 . The commercially exploitable ores contain about 0.24 to 0.11 % U308 equivalent of uranium content

(A some what different process is followed in Olympic dam mines .Following primary crushing underground the ore is treated in a copper sulphate floatation plant .About 80% of the uranium mineral remain in the tailings from the floatation cells from which they they are recovered by acid leaching.The copper concentrate is also processed thru another acid leach to recover other 205 of the uranium.The pregnant liquor is then separated from the barren tailings and in the solvent extraction plant uranium is recovered like before using kerosene with amine based solvent.

Beverlay uranium deposit lies 520 km north of Adelaide on the plains north west of lake Frome .It is a relatively new sandstone deposit with uranium mineralization leached from Mount Painter region and is the basis of Australia’s first in situ leach operation. The deposit consists of three mineralized zone north south and central. Production flattened out ot 1500 tons /year of U3O8.The mine consists of well fields which are progressively established over the ore body as uranium is depleted from the ore body immediately underneath. Well field design is on a grid with alternating extraction and injection wells. The spacing between injection wells is about30 mtrs with a central extraction well.
A series of monitoring wells are situated around each mineralized zones to detect any movement of mining fluids outside mining area. Submersible electric pumps initially extract native ground water from the host aquifer before uranium complexing agents or acids and an oxidizing agent hydrogen peroxide are injected into the well field. The leach liquor pass thru the ore to oxidize and dissolve the uranium minerals in situ .The pregnant solution is then taken resin ion exchange system where uranium is recovered. The uranium slurry is dewatered and dried to give hydrated uranium peroxide UO42H2O

Peter Pollock looked at the small pink slip attached to yesterdays production report .The ball mill area reported significantly higher radiation exposure to 3 of the workers engaged in maintenance activities 1.3 milli sieverts above natural background compared to usual
1.2 milli sieverts. While the excess radiation exposure was nothing alarming ,Peter knew safety is the name of the game in nuclear industry.

RUB AL KHALI – SAUDI YEMEN BORDRE- ABOUT THE SAME TIME

The old man stood up slowly assisted by his two trusted body guards. His health did not allow him the liberty of planning missions in detail like he did many years back .But ideas still came to him and his enemy was always the great Satan and its allies. The three day old news paper from Aden was euphoric about massive expansion of Indian civilian nuclear program and also mentioned the signing of mega fuel supply deal between Australia and India according to which India will import 2000 tons of uranium oxide over the year in four 500 ton shipment.

As he sat down on the rough camel skin carpet –his eyes cool and calm –he picked up the pen and began to outline a plan .Next morning a camel back messenger will leave for Heart (Afghanistan)where someone far younger will cross the t s and dot the i s that in months to come will shock the worlds third largest economy to near halt and make the Indian populace rise up against the satanic deal .

Then he lied down and looked at the millions of stars coming up above in the dark dessert sky.
ksmahesh
BRFite

On the path of READDICTION

Post by ksmahesh »

Smell of new plot in after somany days......... is better than chicken tikka..........

Pukis and chinki's will try there best to target Indian nuclear sector hence this is highly plausible

Most eagerly waiting for next dose.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

SOMEWHERE IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF HEART-AFGANISTAN

The spot uranium price fell $6.00 this week to $123.00 per pound U3O8. Based on negotiations underway as of publication on Friday, it is TradeTech’s judgment that a transaction between a willing buyer and willing seller for a significant quantity would be concluded at $123.00 per pound U3O8. The spot price held steady last week as supply uncertainty resurfaced due to the announcement by Cameco that its Port Hope conversion facility would be shut down for a minimum of two months. Nevertheless, the impact of this development was minimal, in large part, due to the increasing availability of spot supplies. Early in the week buyers were showing a willingness to accept prices slightly higher than today’s $123.00, however, this changed mid-week, in large part, due to the psychological influence exerted on the market by published reports of severely lower prices. Although a number of sellers are resisting the downward price pressure, several have shown a willingness to lower their offer prices from last week’s price of $129.00. In addition, the introduction of another lot of supply exerted further downward pressure on the price. Mid-week, a non-US entity entered the market offering to sell 17,000 kgU of enriched uranium product (EUP). This material brings total available spot supply to about 4 million pounds of U3O8. Meanwhile, as the price continues to slide, the US Department of Energy (DOE) awaits bids for the sale of up to 200 metric tons (mtU) of UF6—the equivalent of approximately 522 thousand pounds U3O8. DOE has requested bids be submitted no later than August 17, with delivery and payment to occur by September 21. One other seller is expected to conclude its evaluation within the next week, and conclude contracts with buyer(s) as a result of its auction of 150 tU of UF6 (392 thousand pounds U3O8 equivalent).

Hanif Khan closed the uranium market report and looked at the cryptic instructions from the old man some where in yemen .Almost retired and very ill, but still very much in control of his organization.The organisation has undergone a qualitative change from 2006 onwards as top rung of jehadis were slowly and systematically replaced with above average professionals in various fields ,from medicine to nuclear scientists to retired armed forces personnel and public relation specialists who helped predict the impact of any strike mission on the enemy and its allies
Hanif khan or Dr Hanif Md Khan as he was known when working with khan research laboratories as nuclear fuel fabrication spacialist and instrumental in transferring extensive amount classified documentation to the old man in exchange of crisp bundles of US Dollars.As Musharaff was pushed out of army and then presidency ,Hanif was left with no other option but to leave his country in a hurry taking refuge in the neighbouring state of afganistan where he had friends .
Hanif liked his new home ,in fact more than his motherland .He felt the safety of anonymity in a crowded city.Whenever he could ,he walked the crowded,noisy cypress lined boulevards amid a steady stream of pedestrians, bi cycle riders,mule drawn carts,and no one even noticed the clean shaven outsider who spoke only a passing Tajik acented Farsi.His own small Kolba on the outskirts of the city was set amidst a meadoe of dark green warm grass.The city of Heart spread down below like a huge chess board.In the north was the womens bazaar,to north was the Alexanders citadel and the Char suq bazaar,the famed mine rates to west and the apple orchards and sprawling pistachio gardens to east . All in all it was good to be in Heart.

But things changed with arrival of the crudely written note from the old man .His holiday was over.
mdhoat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mdhoat »

Keep the good work coming Shanker. Awesome read....Please keep the speed of posting the scenario's continue at this pace.....its nothing less than torture on the hands and mind pressing refresh endless times in anticipation of a new post in those lean days... :D :) :D
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Hanif khan was and educated fanatic –the most dangerous of the breed . He was also intensely jealous of India's stupendous economic progress which made her economy touch 2.5 trillion dollar mark .more than doubling in size between 2007 and 2015 March.He hated the global reach of Indian military machine and its respectful acceptance by the world including peoples republic of china.The now perfected Prithvi base anti missile shield afforded her populace a degree of protection enjoyed by no other country other than US and Russia .In short India have managed to integrate to the worlds top five nation and expected to be the third largets economy in another 7 yrs . Compared to this Pakistan almost topped the list of failed states .Ruled by one military junta after another and kept alive by generous western aid .Most well known airlines did not even have a regular scheduled flight in and out of Pakistan. Informal Talibanisation of the state was almost complete and people secretly yarned fro good old days when hindi films and its absurdly romantic themes and music and the private parties on the manicured lawns of K arachi and Islamababad.
Now in semi exile in Afghanistan .Hanif wanted nothing more than stop the sould burning shine of India and what better way to do it than bringing its financial capita Mumbai to a shuddering panicked halt .This fitted nicely with the old mans dictate which was however born out of different objective altogether-that of cracking up the indo-us nuclear alliance and push India once again into nuclear isolation of the 90s.
Hanif wanted to make not one or two but about a hundred “dirty bombsâ€
mdhoat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mdhoat »

Shanker, the mere thought of Pakistan or for that matter any Al Qaeda elements planning to explode tens' of dirty bombs in all major Indian cities gives me shudder. Deep down, I really doubt the capability of RAW and our intelligence agencies to be pro-active enough to neutralize the threat before it actually becomes threat like Russian security agencies did in Moscow public park crises ... Kargil, Mumbai Train bomb blasts, Samjhauta Express bomb blast, attack on the Parliament etc. are all stark reminder of the ground reality and preparedness of our elite security agencies. I might sound harsh but I am not that far off the mark either. I really wish just like the resurgent Indian economy, our federal security agencies get their act together and take their professionalism up many notches by 2015. And lets hope any anti Indian elements don't get any brain waves reading your scenarios. Honestly worried about some wanna be haneef khan's getting excited reading your scenarios.

Shanker your story telling has come up many notches. Many thanks for the fast posting of this scenario. You are setting stage for some nice fireworks to follow. Keep up the good work bro. I have this page on 24/7 two minute refresh so as not to miss anything as soon as it is posted.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

NUCLEAR POWER CORPORATION -CORPORATE OFFICE-DELHI

Dr P.K Iyer,Director, looked at the old report rustled up by his fuel shipment security group from the archives.The first shipment of australian imported uranium oxide was expected in a months time .While there was nothing new in the report in view of global war on terror he thought it best to e-mail the article to ministry of defense ,ministry of home and prime ministers office .That done he sipped the mornings 3rd cup of filter coffee
and got ready for the first days series of meetings .He did not bother to highlight the security aspect of the threat nor did he follow up the matter next morning and forgot about it by the day after.
FAS Public Interest Report
The Journal of the Federation of American Scientists March / April 2002
Volume 55, Number 2
FAS Home | Download PDF | PIR Archive

Front Page
Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat
Making Sense of Information Restrictions After September 11
The "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs": A Comparison
Results of the FAS Member Survey
FAS Staff News

Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

Henry Kelly testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on March 6, 2002 on the threat of radiological attack by terrorist groups. This excerpt is taken from the text of his written testimony, based on analysis by Michael Levi, Robert Nelson, and Jaime Yassif, which can be found by clicking here.

Surely there is no more unsettling task than considering how to defend our nation against individuals and groups seeking to advance their aims by killing and injuring innocent people. But recent events make it necessary to take almost inconceivably evil acts seriously. Our analysis of this threat has reached three principle conclusions:

1. Radiological attacks constitute a credible threat. Radioactive materials that could be used for such attacks are stored in thousands of facilities around the US, many of which may not be adequately protected against theft by determined terrorists. Some of this material could be easily dispersed in urban areas by using conventional explosives or by other methods.
2. While radiological attacks would result in some deaths, they would not result in the hundreds of thousands of fatalities that could be caused by a crude nuclear weapon. Attacks could contaminate large urban areas with radiation levels that exceed EPA health and toxic material guidelines.
3. Materials that could easily be lost or stolen from US research institutions and commercial sites could contaminate tens of city blocks at a level that would require prompt evacuation and create terror in large communities even if radiation casualties were low. Areas as large as tens of square miles could be contaminated at levels that exceed recommended civilian exposure limits. Since there are often no effective ways to decontaminate buildings that have been exposed at these levels, demolition may be the only practical solution. If such an event were to take place in a city like New York, it would result in losses of potentially trillions of dollars.

Background

Significant amounts of radioactive materials are stored in laboratories, food irradiation plants, oil drilling facilities, medical centers, and many other sites. Cobalt-60 and cesium-137 are used in food disinfection, medical equipment sterilization, and cancer treatments. During the 1960s and 1970s the federal government encouraged the use of plutonium in university facilities studying nuclear engineering and nuclear physics. Americium is used in smoke detectors and in devices that find oil sources.

With the exception of nuclear power reactors, commercial facilities do not have the types or volumes of materials usable for making nuclear weapons. Facility owners provide adequate security when they have a vested interest in protecting commercially valuable material. However, once radioactive materials are no longer needed and costs of appropriate disposal are high, security measures become lax, and the likelihood of abandonment or theft increases.

We must wrestle with the possibility that sophisticated terrorist groups may be interested in obtaining these materials and with the enormous danger to society that such thefts might present. Significant quantities of radioactive material have been lost or stolen from US facilities during the past few years and thefts of foreign sources have led to fatalities. In the US, sources have been found abandoned in scrap yards, vehicles, and residential buildings.

If these materials were dispersed in an urban area, they would pose a serious health hazard. Intense sources of gamma rays can cause acute radiation poisoning, or even fatalities at high doses. Long-term exposure to low levels of gamma rays can cause cancer. If alpha emitters, such as plutonium, americium or other elements, are present in the environment in particles small enough to be inhaled, these particles can become lodged in the lungs and damage tissue, leading to long-term cancers.
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Shankar

Good story.

Pay attention to grammar and punctuations.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

We are there to edit his posts for that. Shankar saar donot bother with minor matters. Waiting for next post (although 2 in one day is great but in greed even sky is not the limit)
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

I just visited this page after long time...

What I am seeing............... Shankar is back... what a pleasant surprise... thank you Shankar.. you are the loyal friend of us :)
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

a quick question for anyone:

As far as I know, sure we have trained teams of CRPF or CISF to act following any Nuclear attack or Dirty bomb attack. But, do we have advanced detection or any specilized team to detect such threat like US has in place. Last time I heard that if such cases arises a expert team from BARC rushed to the spot to collect the sample or do investigation but never heard of any dedicated organization to detect such threat in advance.

Hope I am clear in asking.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

Sudhanshu ji,
On all ports (air and sea) packages are randomly screened for radioactivity. It is next to impossible to screen all the consignments. However this methods introduces an element of uncertainity for ASE (anti social elements - I claim the abbr :) ) and terrorists top smuggle the radioactive material.

Here it must be underlined that the system is far from ok. In addition to regular ports such material can come from irregular ports (generally used for smuggling drugs and RDX - eg Mumbai blasts). So there is an urgent need to improve.

Some police depts do have GMcounters but this is generally in places of tourists interests/metros.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

KAKADU NATIONAL PARK – NORTHERN TERRITORY –AUSTRALIA
Kakadu national park bordering Ranger mines is a world heritage site and also one the worlds most scenic national park and home to worlds largest ,most aggressive salt water crocodiles ,affectionately called “saltiesâ€
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

INDIAN NUCLEAR POWER PROGRAMME – 1960-2015
Indian nuclear power program me and its associated weapon program me have always been one of the most successful in the world and undoubtedly most cost efficient The main drawback was the limited supply of domestic uranium which did not allow a rapid growth .The international sanctions by the nuclear suppliers group on both materials and technology added its own quota of problems .With the indo-us nuclear deal in place and 123 agreement cleared many of these obstacles disappeared and Indian nuclear power industry shaped up quickly to meet the growing energy gap caused by burgeoning demands of Indian economy as well as high cost of imported crude petroleum which touched almost 120 dollars a barrel by 2015.
With the implementation of indo-us nuclear deal the integrated Indian nuclear establishment got divided into two distinct groups .The reactors which went under safeguard went to nuclear power corporation and unsafeguarded reactors and establishments went under department of atomic energy (special facilities) and that included some of the large power reactors which continued to be fuelled with locally mined uranium and the spent fuel from these reactors went towards developing and expanding countries strategic capability .The bulk of the power reactors almost 70% went under perpetual safeguard and in exchange were free to import its fuel and if required equipment and technology from anywhere in the world based on bi lateral agreements put in place .
Right from its inception Indian nuclear power policy was shaped by a basic fact –small reserve of uranium which is the only naturally occurring mineral that can be used in a nuclear reactor to produce energy through nuclear fission. On the other hand about 1/3 rd of worlds total proven reserve of thorium which need to be converted to U-233 before can be used in a reactor. The strategic objective of Indian nuclear program me was always towards utilization of thorium to produce electric power .Thorium though it posses number of physical and nuclear characteristics than uranium is not a fissile material. As a result though much more abundant than uranium as far as India is concerned it has never been recognized as a viable energy source and always lagged behind uranium. Saturation of energy demand in the developed countries and inadequate spread of the economic development process in rest of the world made uranium an even more attractive energy source compared to thorium which though attracted interest in the early sixties never really found favor later on except in India. The first growing energy demand in the post economic reforms era in the early 2000s combined with availability of very modest uranium reserve made Indian nuclear scientists turn towards conversion of fertile material like thorium into fissile material like uranium and plutonium to produce energy .A closed nuclear cycle thus came into being involving reprocessing and recycling of spent nuclear fuel .The three stages of Indian nuclear program me 1) natural uranium fuelled pressurized heavy water reactors2)plutonium burning fast breeder reactors 3)advanced nuclear power systems for utilization of thorium. For efficient production of plutonium a natural uranium fuelled heavy water moderated reactor is the best option. To ultimately reach the goal of thorium utilization for power production 12 numbers natural uranium fuelled heavy water moderated reactors were made operational by 2007 and four more attained operational status by 2010.This also marked the maturity of Indian nuclear technology in the field of pressurized heavy water reactors. Even with shortage of uranium dominating the power generation figure over 80% capacity utilization was achieved in most of the reactors.
By 2006 the second stage of the projected 3 stage fuel cycle development process attained operational status. The first fast breeder test reactor started operating with indigenously developed mixed carbide fuel (uranium and plutonium carbide) and this operating experience led to design and development of 500 MW prototype fast breeder reactor which utilized plutonium and depleted uranium sourced from the spent fuel of pressurized heavy water reactors. Construction started in late 2006 and the reactor came on stream in early 2012 being synchronized to Tamilnadu power grid by May 2012
Along with setting up of first operational fast breeder reactor, research work continued in parallel on optimum utilization of thorium in the nuclear fuel cycle and that included irradiation experience in research reactors as well as limited introduction of thorium in pressurized heavy water reactors. Some of the successes that came along the way included, KAMINI reactor in kalpakam, which happened to be the only operating reactor in the world ,which runs on U233 as fuel. Development and research also went on at a fast pace to maximum utilize plutonium resources available from spent fuel to maximize conversion of thorium to U233 ,extract power in situ from the thorium fuel and recycle the u233 in reactors
The advanced heavy water reactor provided a focal point for time bound development of technology required for efficient utilization of nation’s thorium resources. The successful conclusion of nuclear deal helped speed up this part of the program me too in a significant way –albeit at a cost – a virtual cap of future testing of more advanced weapons and reduction in fissile material available for weapons inventory and trained manpower by almost 70%.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

mdhoat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mdhoat »

I agree with you Ankit. As I mentioned in my last post...some wanna be Haneef Khan or Al Qaeda scum is getting ideas reading Shanker's posts :idea: :eek: :-?
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Hari Sud wrote:Shankar

Good story.

Pay attention to grammar and punctuations.
Punctuation is really a noun, so either say punctuation, or punctuation marks. Like this:

Pay attention to grammar and punctuation.
or
Pay attention to grammar and the placement of punctuation marks.