PRC Political News & Discussions

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Raju

China launches mining program in Zambia

Post by Raju »

And it begins..
LUSAKA, Zambia - Chinese President Hu Jintao launched a copper mining partnership with Zambia on Sunday and won praise from Zambia's finance minister for his focus on economic investment rather than politics.

Hu planned to travel Monday to Namibia — his fifth stop on an eight-nation African tour intended to increase Chinese investment in the continent, which is rich in natural resources although it suffers from widespread poverty...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070204/ap_ ... rica_china
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

Posting in full:

Beijing’s Great Leap Outward: Power Projection with Chinese Characteristics

02/07/2007 - By Willy Lam (from China Brief, February 7) -

[quote]The forceful projection of China’s hard and soft power in recent months marks a stunning departure from the foreign policy axioms of late patriarch Deng Xiaoping. Deng, who anointed President Hu Jintao as the “coreâ€
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

http://www.reuters.com/article/homepage ... ._CH_.2400

Drought threatens 1.5 million in southwest China

BEIJING, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Drought in southwestern China is threatening the drinking water supplies of 1.5 million people and authorities are considering seeding clouds to make it rain, state media said on Tuesday.

The problem has been compounded by last summer's heat wave in the densely populated municipality of Chongqing, as water supplies have still not recovered, the Beijing News said.

More than 10 ships which ply the Yangtze River have been stranded by the low water levels, it added.

Some parts of Chongqing -- home to some 30 million people -- have started limiting water supplies to residents and are drilling new wells to find underground sources of water, the report said.

Last summer's drought was the worst to hit southwest China in more than a century, when temperatures topped 40 degrees Celsius (104.00F) and about 18 million people faced drinking water shortages.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

China warns Negroponte on Taiwan arms sales
China warned visiting US Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte that plans to sell American missiles to Taiwan threatened to harm Sino-US ties, a Chinese spokesman said Saturday.

Negroponte arrived Saturday for a three-day visit and met with Deputy Foreign Minister Dai Bingguo for talks the US State Department had said would touch on a range of issues including Iran, Iraq, the North Korean nuclear pact and trade.
Sohum
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sohum »

Man detained in attack on giant Mao portrait
The man, identified as Gu Hai'ou, from the northwestern city of Urumqi, tried to burn the portrait of China's first communist leader on Saturday afternoon, the Xinhua News Agency said. Early Sunday, authorities replaced the portrait, which had a small scorch mark in the lower left corner.
Could this man possibly be a Uighur (does he have a name typical of a Uighur? could he be using an alias?) dissident as he is a resident of Urumqi or just a disaffected, unemployed man as official sources suggest? Interesting questions that probably will remain unanswered.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

The Chinese plot against capitalism (Economist)

Gripping read. An excerpt:
CHINA'S secret plan to bring down capitalism, especially in America, has become a little less secret in the past week or so. One clue came with a brave piece of whistle-blowing; a second when China started deploying its huge arsenal of capital. Congress was right to worry, after all. Those cunning commies in Beijing have studied capitalism and found its Achilles' heel: corporate governance.
And some more masala into the mix
One can only worry what the Chinese will do now to sway America’s institutional shareholders—who, let's face it, are a flock of sheep led easily astray. What heroes the bosses of corporate America were to oppose changes in corporate-governance rules that could now empower the Chinese foe: prompt action by Congress could still block competitive elections for company directors, and shareholder votes on executive pay. Even now, lists of useless directors to be imposed on corporate America are being drawn up in Beijing (though The Economist hears that the Chinese leadership is split over whether it can do more damage to capitalism by voting to pay corporate bosses less, or by sending their salary packages to ever more preposterous heights).

It is clear, too, that this proxy-voting strategy will operate in tandem with a direct assault of the commanding heights of capitalism, known to Beijing insiders as “investing in private equityâ€
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

let us watch the fun - kohlberg kravis roberts (KKR), Texas Pacific Group (TPG) and Carlyle Group are the three other iconic names they can go after.

Stakes and funding can be taken in major VC firms like Sequoia and Norwest or better yet they can setup their own "greater china co-prosperity VC fund" on sand hill road and hire the best intellectual capital of US to work for the american branches of Cos whose main outfits are Govt funded in mainland China. superb way to siphon off and develop all sorts of useful technology :twisted:

Amrika bahadur has bred the monster, the animal is hungry, first nibbling on the toes, then the ankle.... :D

Potus: how do we manage this threat bob ?
SD staffer: I think more F-16s to pakistan is the solution saar!
Potus: hmmm *scratches balls* so be it ... you really come up with
outa the box solutions bob, thanks for being on my winning team,
come over to the ranch next month we will play a round of duck
shooting
SD staffer: thank you sire, I will personally phone President musharaff
with the good news *and pocket my cheque hehe *
Potus: whats next on the agenda rita ?
Rita: a economic meeting with chancellor Merkel saar
Potus: *exploding in fury* damn you girl! dont ya know what time it is ?
4:00PM...I gave express orders not to schedule any meetings between
4-6PM! do I need to browbeat everyone over it ?
Rita: sorree saar, I didnt get the memo, are you in another meeting?
Potus: No dammit, its my cartoon channel watching slot! give Merkel
a couple of donuts and a cup of coffee, have her wait around until I
am done....give her reading material from my collection here, something
nice and friendly like winnie the pooh , and DONT look at my collection
of wet n wild DVDs in the corner there.
Rita: very well sire, it will be done.
Potus: *grumble growl grumble growl* I need to attack some political
opponent today, Im in that sort of mood.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Uzbeks leaning towards China for pipeline deal

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/c ... =rss_daily
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

another slap on Unkils face. Uzbekistan is directly on the southern route via TSP through which Unkil hopes to steal the caspian oil. Turkmenistan that other bordering nation seems to be far less friendly with US than Uzbeks. Turkmen were semi-pro-taliban really. a natural fit for PRC :lol:

Kazakhstan already has a pipeline into PRC.

looks like Unkil has to grab Iran to get a fresh avenue to the caspian riches of Baku.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

If you recall, Uzbekistan expelled the Americans from the military base they were leasing there. This was after the US sided with some pro-democracy "orange revolution" that was attempted in Uzbekistan. So they're firmly back in the pro-Russian camp now.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

A long death row: China's enthusiasm for executions (Economist)

Whoa!

Never knew chinkil executions are also a public spectacle.

Do they charge for tickets I wonder?

Or is it that under the new kapitalist veneer, the tickets are auctioned instead? Better still, guangxi needed for front row seats, money alone ain't enough.....

And here we have Delhi. Still dithering over a well-deserved, judiciously approved hanging for a lowlife like Afzal.....

"Yea Lord, where art thy justice??!!"
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

The PRC...devious turds as usual...

Link

‘Stop China before it’s too late’
BJP MP Kiren Rijiju alleges Chinese intrusion in Arunachal Pradesh.

By Preeti Sharma

A recent claim by BJP MP Kiren Rijiju from Arunachal Pradesh that China is consistently intruding into border areas of the state has rocked the nation. His claim holds critical significance in view of last month’s tenth round of Sino-Indian border talks and Cabinet Minister of External Affairs Pranab Mukherjee’s 10 May statement in the Rajya Sabha that India and China are exploring the framework for a final package settlement covering all aspects of the boundary issue.

The India-China border dispute has lingered since the 1962 Sino-Indian War. During the war, China seized Aksai Chin and overran Arunachal Pradesh. Later, China vacated Arunachal Pradesh to the Line of Actual Control (LAC), which approximates the McMahon Line. Running through east India and signed by British India and Tibet in 1914, the line forms the border between India and China, but China does not accept it. In 1986-87, Indian and Chinese forces clashed in the Sumdorong Chu Valley in Arunachal Pradesh but in next few years, relations warmed.

On 7 September 1993, both nations signed an accord to control tensions on their border and decided to accept the LAC. In 1996, China and India specified the LAC and established confidence building measures (CBMs) along the frontier. In August 1997, both sides signed the CBM agreement.

Since 2003, India and China have appointed special representatives to hold border talks. They have met ten times to discuss the border issue, roughly thrice a year. India accuses China of illegally occupying 43,180 square kilometres and China says India possesses ninety thousand square kilometres of Chinese territory, including Arunachal Pradesh in its entirety.

BJP MP Kiren Rijiju has made startling revelations, which may reignite border tensions between the two countries, although the Central and state governments have rejected his claims. He discussed the situation with NewsInsight Correspondent Preeti Sharma. Excerpts from the interview:

You have claimed in Parliament that China is intruding into various areas of Arunachal Pradesh. What are the grounds for this allegation?

(The Chinese intrusions are in) my constituency and I have surveyed the area. China has intruded twenty kilometres into Indian territory. Such areas as Asapila, Lungar and Majak camps in the Taksin area have been recently captured by the Chinese. Most of the McMahon Line is already under Chinese control. Kibitu and Bumla are two points where India and China regularly exchange flags. But the other areas are largely inaccessible and thus the Chinese troops make an easy way into them. The villagers of these areas are selling their domestic animals as the grazing lands have been taken away by the Chinese army (the PLA). I cannot be accurate about the date when the Chinese intrusion started. It has been a slow and creeping activity going on for a long time.

So why is the state government denying the matter? The Arunachal Pradesh chief minister says that intelligence agencies have no such information.

The state government is not actually denying the matter but is saying that there is no formal intrusion of Chinese troops in that area. However, they accept that some areas are disputed. This is my whole point. The so-called disputed areas are now being taken over by the Chinese. Army authorities also support my statement but I am not in a position to disclose anything.

The state government does not want to accept the situation publicly also because in the Centre, the UPA government is backed by the (Left, including the Communist Party of India-Marxist), which has shown its pro-China stand on several occasions before. Therefore, to not to offend the Communists, the government does not want to address the border issue with China.

What is your demand from the government?

I have challenged the government authorities to come with me to the LAC and see the situation there. India should have solid infrastructure in the border areas to mobilize our troops and increase our dominance. While China has established huge infrastructure on the Arunachal border, including two lane roads and helipads and their military is also heavily deployed, on the Indian side, the area is inaccessible and poorly developed.

The Indian government is afraid of the Chinese, which is why they have not been able to take counter measures. In November last year, when the Chinese ambassador commented on their Arunachal Pradesh claim, the Indian government could not (reprove) him and the matter passed off without serious discussion.

The whole nation is interested in the Kashmir Valley where the problematic area from Anantanag to Baramula is smaller than Arunachal Pradesh. The people of Arunachal Pradesh are patriotic and want to remain with India. It is a rich state with abundant natural resources, but China is making things difficult there. The local people are sad because they are losing their land to China. My whole purpose is to wake up the Government of India about the need to protect Arunachal Pradesh before it is too late.

What is your next course of action?

I am having discussions with my party. We have raised the matter in Parliament to make everyone aware of the border realities. Government has to (devise a) strategy to (manage) the whole issue.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

JCage wrote:
The state government does not want to accept the situation publicly also because in the Centre, the UPA government is backed by the (Left, including the Communist Party of India-Marxist), which has shown its pro-China stand on several occasions before. Therefore, to not to offend the Communists, the government does not want to address the border issue with China. [/b]
What is the significant of this intrusion, claim on Twang by PRC govt, the demand by Naga seperatists and others in the North east and support to these seperatists by US lawmakers in US (e.g. Sen Boxer with support from Chinese lobby)
Last edited by svinayak on 05 Jun 2007 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

PRC has not been devious, just openly following their creep-and-consolidate N-step SOP.

Devious is the loser delhi govt which is mentally cowed down from taking
any action and tries to keep the people in dark using its dogs in the media.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

I got a solution of sorts.

Round up all the illegal bangladeshis who sneaked into India, promise them land as far as the eye can see and unleash them at the China-India border.

It won't be long before the area will be overcrowded with unruly "Indians" and then the Chinese won't be showing up anymore.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I got a solution of sorts.

Round up all the illegal bangladeshis who sneaked into India, promise them land as far as the eye can see and unleash them at the China-India border.

It won't be long before the area will be overcrowded with unruly "Indians" and then the Chinese won't be showing up anymore.
:rotfl:
Seriously,that seems the only option left seeing the way the govt is running scared of both the chinese and the BD immigrants threat.....!!!!!!
Raju

Chinese students have been shocked by British antics

Post by Raju »

CHINESE students coming to study in Britain expecting to meet ladies and gentlemen, instead find dangerous streets, drunken louts, and girls who dance on tables with no underwear on.

The shock view of the UK comes from the first-ever attitude survey of Chinese students carried out by Scottish researchers.

More than 50,000 Chinese study at Britain's universities with 5,170 in further and higher education in Scotland, including nearly 600 at Edinburgh University, 350 at Glasgow University and 263 at Stirling.

The study, by Professor Greg Philo of Glasgow University's Media Group, said yesterday: "They were especially shocked at the behaviour of young people, and felt the streets unsafe to walk in. Half gave examples of discrimination, which sometimes included abuse and physical attacks.

"Before they came, they thought Britain was a country of gentle people and gentlemen, based on traditional images from classic books like Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice and the stories of Dickens."

contd:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/111 ... he+British
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

girls who dance on tables with no underwear on.

Cor blimey. :mrgreen:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2007_pg3_6
Instead of China being convulsed with rage at news that children are being turned into slaves, the media are censored and the 400 parents of the Hongdong children are blacklisted by the government. It seems today that in China the daily work of government is to keep people from protecting themselves and their families in an attempt to gloss over the crimes of a ‘harmonious society’

Yet despite the scandal, migrant workers and children in school uniforms are still being abducted from other provinces and pushed into monstrous brick plants and coalmines. Girls are forced into prostitution at a mere $5 a session.

The 400 fathers of the enslaved children, of course, are left to wonder where, precisely, respect for life is in President Hu Jintao’s so-called “harmonious society.â€
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

This would be a godsend for us - would solve most of our military problems:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/06/ ... edsham.php

Democracy Starting to Percolate in China
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

I was at the Met today with my lady and we came across an old Russian couple there. The man was wearing a strange medallion. Obviously he was proud of the piece and the curious me wanted to find out what it Thankfully, his English was preety good. According to him it was given to him by someone who fought at Damanski. I was not sure what it was and thought it was some WW2 battle. Got home and googled it.

Read for yerselves.

Every Russian border guard holds great respect for the heroes of Damanski. Hero of the Soviet Union Vitaly Bubenin, Lieut. Gen. (ret.), was a first lieutenant at the time. His service record also includes the commanding posts with Alfa, a special antiterrorist unit of the KGB. Just like an Izvestia correspondent suspected, “the truth about the armed conflict on Damanski is even grimmer than the picture painted by the mediaâ€
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

If one-child policy keeps up, the Chinese showing up on the border will only have walking sticks.

Meanwhile, the Atlanticists are hungry for fresh Chinese blood:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 79,00.html
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Hello Avram:

Motivated by your interpretation, I came across this:

Chinese strategy -- Shi

S
aditya
BRFite

Post by aditya »

Sanjay M wrote:Meanwhile, the Atlanticists are hungry for fresh Chinese blood:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 79,00.html
Which is why 'democracy' in China may make things even worse for India!
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Not likely, it would only mean an inward-looking China which is too busy resisting European infiltration to bother prioritizing us as a threat.

Anyway, here's the current state of China's One Child Policy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6282186.stm

Seems like some comrades are more equal than others.

If they continue with One Child Policy, they're only going to destroy themselves demographically, in which case they'll no longer be a serious threat to us.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Lkawamoto
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Lkawamoto »

examples of chinglish

"slippery are crafty"
"Racist Park"

some items on restaurant menu:

"government abused chicken"
"corrugated iron beef"
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

joshvajohn
BRFite

What if Indian gives a push Chinese out of Arunachel Pradesh

Post by joshvajohn »

My question is what if India gives a gentle Military push on Chinese Soldiers to move them out of Arunachel Pradesh?

How hard will they respond? They have been moving in slowly is it not? step by step they encroach into the state in the past years.

Why not get good guns at ground to get them out?

I do not understand why Chinese wanted to claim Arunachel when they could not manage themselves properly within mainl land China and also are not able to establish a proper relationship with angry Tibetians, rebelling Taiwanese and suspicious Hong Kongers and raising Muslims.

They shoot every rebellious writers to fighters. When will these blood thirty red army stop murdering their own people in public for anything that they think or assume as rebellious or wrong?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

where is that CIA thread?

http://flonnet.com/stories/20070824507005900.htm

CIA papers - I
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

To undestand chincom. You need to read these and keep copies for any anlalysis.

1953 Korea
1962 India
1964 Vietnam
1967 India (Nathula)
1969 USSR
1979 Vietnam

Now Arunachal...

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSA ... ndex2.html
read here the war between brothers
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

The Chinese will maintain a low profile till the Beijing Olympics. Time to up the ante :twisted:
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

SandeepA wrote:The Chinese will maintain a low profile till the Beijing Olympics. Time to up the ante :twisted:
It might be a good time to take back our lands. :)
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Division rejected
The senior Air Force commander in the Pacific this week threw cold water on a Chinese military proposal to divide up the Pacific Ocean into U.S. and Chinese spheres of influence.
Gen. Paul V. Hester was asked about China's recent plan to give the United States control of the eastern Pacific region, while China would control the western Pacific.
"Our policy is not to cede space to anyone," Gen. Hester said in a telephone press conference from Hawaii.
Some pro-China officials in the U.S. government, including in the intelligence community, are said to favor the Chinese proposal
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Hui Muslims vs. Han Chinese riots in 2004

[quote]“Everyone here’s gone mad. … people who used to live together now want to kill each other,â€
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

This is all the fault of the BJP, Narendra Modi etc etc. Has to be. Why is Madame Karat sleeping?

But look at how advanced rioting is in PRC. Truly Pandapoker comrade J Yan is right about the advancement in PRC. Instead of fighting with fists - they use tractors and bulldozers and fly in to fight. Thousands come in on trucks. Truly awe inspiring. And all power to Mohammad Dawood in going back to the sands of Arabia.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Interesting choice for a name "Mr. Ma".

Mebbe it's from our old Mahdi a.k.a Big Horse, Mr. Ma Chung-Yin... or simply, "General" Ma? :)
By Arrah, I hope thele alises anothel Mahdi to flee the Dungan flom the evir yerrow infider godress Chinese.
wrdos
BRFite

Post by wrdos »

Sohum wrote:Man detained in attack on giant Mao portrait
The man, identified as Gu Hai'ou, from the northwestern city of Urumqi, tried to burn the portrait of China's first communist leader on Saturday afternoon, the Xinhua News Agency said. Early Sunday, authorities replaced the portrait, which had a small scorch mark in the lower left corner.
Could this man possibly be a Uighur (does he have a name typical of a Uighur? could he be using an alias?) dissident as he is a resident of Urumqi or just a disaffected, unemployed man as official sources suggest? Interesting questions that probably will remain unanswered.
No, I don't think he7s a Uighur.
His name is a common Han Chinese name.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

[quote="Airavat"]Hui Muslims vs. Han Chinese riots in 2004

[quote]“Everyone here’s gone mad. … people who used to live together now want to kill each other,â€