Tackling Islamic Extremism in India - 4

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prem wrote:This may be OT, but we should take a look at the Code of Conduct instructed by Last Sikh Guru Sri Gobind Singh Ji. It can be used as a platform for codfifying the Dharmic acar for average dharmic fellow lost in wood or stuck in cage. By virtue of common streak along with the sancion of spiritual authority it holds great potential for social binding and awarenes seeked by many of us.
How is this?
http://www.gurbani.org/webart33.htm

PS - it appears that this one deals more with the personal than the social
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

There is set of instructions by Guru called Rahitnama . The instructions for personal /social conduct. May be Bajwa or some one else can elabaorate. My thought was to take Rahitnama as platform and modify as per current circumstances and then try to extend to all dharmic fellas on voluntary basis .
Sriram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sriram »

Rye,

Dharma can be described as the duties and responsibilities for a person to
adhere. It is pretty much described in two anuvakams 9th ( aparavidhyopasanam) &
11th (sishya anusashanam)) in (krishna) yajur veda - taitiiriya upanisad - pratama sikshavalli.

Starting from rtam ca swadhyaya pravachane ca upto eva muchai tad
upasyam. It is suggested as an aadesha (command), as an upadesa, as
anusasana, as upasitavya (the way to live life).
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Meat eating is Rajasic food - the food of kings.
No.

Here rajasic is Prakriti/one of the triguna and not king etc.

IIRC

Bitter, Sour, Salty, Very Hot (by nature and heat), Teekha, Dry, food that generates acidity/inflammation = Rajasic Food. The Food that brings
upon grief and sorrow = rajasic food.

Rajasic Food:

Katva-amla-lavanati-usna-tiksna-ruksa-vidahina |
Ahara rajasasyesta dukha-sokamaya-prada
-Gita XVII – 9

Meaning: Foods that are bitter, too sour, salty, hot, pungent, dry and burning are dear to a person of Rajasik nature. Such foods cause distress, misery and disease.

Satvic Food:

Ayuh Satva Balarogya Sukha Pritivivardhana |
Rasyah Snigdhah Sthira Hryadya Aharah Sattwikapriya ||
-Gita XVII-8

Meaning: A person of Sattwika nature likes to eat foods that prolong life, purify one’s inner being, give strength, health, happiness and satisfaction. Such foods are juicy, fatty, wholesome and pleasing to the heart.

Tamasic Food:

Yatu yamam gata-rasam puti paryusitam ca yat |
Ucchistamapi camedhyam bhojanam tamas priyam ||
-Gita XVII -10

Meaning: Stale, tasteless, decomposed, putrid and leftover foods are dear to a person of Tamsik nature.

BTW, the above is also a part of Ayurveda's understanding.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

has anybody laid hands on this?

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Hinduism by linda johnsen?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Murugan wrote:
Meaning: A person of Sattwika nature likes to eat foods that prolong life, purify one’s inner being, give strength, health, happiness and satisfaction. Such foods are juicy, fatty, wholesome and pleasing to the heart.
< snip >

"Such foods are juicy, fatty, wholesome and pleasing to the heart." :shock:

"foods that prolong life, purify one’s inner being, give strength, health, happiness and satisfaction."

Hmm that explains a lot of things.. :D
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Sriram wrote:Rye,

Dharma can be described as the duties and responsibilities for a person to
adhere. It is pretty much described in two anuvakams 9th ( aparavidhyopasanam) &
11th (sishya anusashanam)) in (krishna) yajur veda - taitiiriya upanisad - pratama sikshavalli.

Starting from rtam ca swadhyaya pravachane ca upto eva muchai tad
upasyam. It is suggested as an aadesha (command), as an upadesa, as
anusasana, as upasitavya (the way to live life).
Sriram,

Correct me if I am wrong -

but does not anuvakams 9 - 11 the advice from the teacher to the departing student? On continuing to follow self-control,
continue the sacrifical fires (agni-hotra), continue to study and teach, begetting and propagating the race and example of sages and the their sons, etc.
It also has the oft repeated mantra:

matr devo bhava, pitr devo bhava, acarya devo bhava
atithi devo bhava, yany anavadyani karmani tani sevitavyani
no itarani, yany asmakam sucaritani tani tvayo-pasyani, no itarani

Not really sure how Social Dharma is spelled out here :?:

My personal opinion, the secret of the vedas are mentioned all over the Upanishads, but it is never spelled out. (There is a reason why...)

The wise one know, maybe he knows not
If you accept you know, then you don't
In questioning what you know, it is known
:mrgreen:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Those who know , knows not.
I think i know but dont know if i know . :wink:
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

shiv wrote:
Murugan wrote:
< snip >

"Such foods are juicy, fatty, wholesome and pleasing to the heart." :shock:

"foods that prolong life, purify one’s inner being, give strength, health, happiness and satisfaction."

Hmm that explains a lot of things.. :D
i always liked sattwik 'food' and longed to be a sattwik... :wink:

Lord Krishna must be laughing out loud for not taking into account the obvious meanings of what he was talking to his friend, especially about this sattwik kinda 'food'.

ROTFL
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Did not Sita asked Lord Ram to hunt the deer? Meat must be rajasvic food.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Prem:

It is actually Rajasic and not rajasvic.

Sita mata asked for the mrigcharma coz' the deer's skin was having golden hues which mama marichi iirc wearing!

Mrigcharma (the skin of mrig=deer) was one of the necessities/used for asana and sitting purpose in not so old days too!

The kings of old times used to go for game called mrigaya - to hunt deers and other animals.

Mrig = Hiran = Deer

Cheers!

and it is by prakriti the food is classified and not meat, wheat etc.

A teekha, salty, little bit of sour and pungent, freshly cooked meat is rajasic.

The same meat becomes Tamasik after it becomes stale and tastless, and kept not in a preserved state of modern time.

the 'meat' which is fatty, juicy, wholsesome and pleasing to the heart - is sattwic :D
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Prem wrote:Did not Sita asked Lord Ram to hunt the deer? Meat must be rajasvic food.
I think she requested to hunt the deer not for eating but to tame it or for its skin.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

self deleted. Dear Dilbu -al-laptopi types faster than moi.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Tackling Islamic extremism anyone?

People; lets cut the Define (and redifne) the Dharma to tackle Islamism stuff.

Aint gonna happen -- there is a reason why Dharma has not been defined for all the millenia; there is no one Dharma which says no do this and hence forth that.

Dharma is guiding principles and discussions (whether in public space or private) whether as a religion or as a means to stabilize society.

Aside -- Some disagreement with stablizing society bit (it is not whatever stablizes society; it is stablizing society in context of a behavior; other wise Saudi Barbaria is a pretty stable society -- Is it Dharmic?)

As Shiv said; lets not wait for the child to grow up and be a doctor before cancer is treated -- by reinventing Dharma we are doing just that.

The point is now and here; and reams have already been written on how Islamism is adharmic. It does not have to be one reason; there could (and knowing Hindu sthan) there should be many.

I have absolutely no clue as what in excess are we supposed to achieve by naval gazing.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Sanku wrote: Aside -- Some disagreement with stablizing society bit (it is not whatever stablizes society; it is stablizing society in context of a behavior; other wise Saudi Barbaria is a pretty stable society -- Is it Dharmic?)
Good catch - while the original roots (Dhr) means to stabilize, it should be taken to mean - sustaining.

Broken or otherwise, Hinduism survives (barely) today thanks to the sustaining force of Dharma.

Civilizations have come and gone. Even China has not been able to preserve its ancient traditions.
Whereas Bharat still stands - but the system is broken - why walk when we can fly :!:

Saudi Arabia is a HB - these can achieve immense power and wealth - but they cannot be sustained in the long run.
The desert sands consumes all and even that remains not.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Prem wrote:Did not Sita asked Lord Ram to hunt the deer? Meat must be rajasvic food.
Come on now...

She wanted to play...not eat the deer. :P
Sriram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sriram »

Pulikeshi,

Correct, those were the final instructions for the departing students.

It says: rtam (what is right & proper), satyam (intellectual truthfulness), tapam, damam (control of senses), shama (peacefulness), agni, agnihotram, atithi(guests), mAnusham (what is good for human welfare), praja (children), prajanam (descendants), prajati (community) - what the Vedas taught about the above need to be propagated.

More are repeated under: na pramaditavyam (never be indifferent/never fall from) satyam, dharmam, kushalam (welfare for), bhutyai (prosperity), deva pitru karyabhyam. More importantly (swadhyayapravacanabhya na pramaditavyam) combined with (prajatantum ma vyavavac-chetsih) teach your descendants without severing, hints at not to be an (self and others receiving the message through the self) apostate, may be my misinterpretation. purusha suktam is even more explicit (nanya pantha ayanaya vidhyate).

The most important you have captured: yAnyanavadhyani karmani (actions that are without blemish to be performed), not others (no itharani).

When it comes to giving (dheyam), it has to be: with sraddha, not without sraddha, plenty as capable (shriya), with humility (hriya), etc.

So, in essence the students are commanded to spread the message to the
rest so that the circumstances exist/are created for Dharma to prosper/not to wither.

Not really sure how Social Dharma is spelled out here

The students, when they live among the society (sAmAnya) and in their subsequent ashramas, will be a unchavritthi (sustenance enough for a week). Doing agnihotram, purohitam, puja, adhyapakam etc based on one's capabilities or interests, interact with society to spread Dharma.
Upanyasakas have the larger/wider audience and explain the lessons of itihasa, purana, experiences of ancestors etc, which may (self) inspire the likes of Azhwars/Purandaradasa/Thyagayya crossing all varnas to sustain Dharma. All the while, wealth and its generation, possession and protection are with the rest.

Basing it on srivaishnava history and literature and I assume it was prevalent similarly elsewhere until things started to breakdown from the northwest.

Modern days provide wholly different challenges to overcome.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Pulikeshi wrote:Saudi Arabia is a HB - these can achieve immense power and wealth - but they cannot be sustained in the long run.
The desert sands consumes all and even that remains not.
Come on now, they have been at it since the early 7th century now. That cannot be sustained in the long run statement needs empirical evidence. I am open, but more empirical evidence is needed to say that in a competitive situation, CSN's have an advantage over HB. Also, do not forget, in the long run, we are all dead :)

I want my revenge in the here and now so that I do not shift this responsiblity to my future generations, should be the motto.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Gus wrote:
Come on now...

Rama shot arrows at the deer. That surely cannot be to capture the deer to play with it?

If you are trying to state that ancient Hindus ate meat, the answer to that is a resounding YES. You do not need Sita's story to prove it. Pandavas ate meat, as reported in Mahabharata. When Budhism was kicked out of India, India became vegetarian.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Sanku wrote:

Aint gonna happen -- there is a reason why Dharma has not been defined for all the millenia; there is no one Dharma which says no do this and hence forth that.
That just seems to be an attitude of mental laziness. If Dharma cannot be explained clearly, then it is not a usable concept. I mean, the conversations on this thread have this flavour:

A: X is adharmic behaviour
B: How so?
A: Because it not dharmic
B: Why is it not dharmic?
A: Because it does not follow the principles of Dharma
B: So how do I know that I am following dharma?
A: If you know, then you don't know, else if you know, then maybe you know.
Does that make it clear?
B: No, but I get it that it is not an easy concept to explain
A: You don't get it...it cannot be explained
B: So how did you know that X was adharmic behaviour if you cannot explain it?
A: Because that is how dharma is. Deal with it.
B: Okay, I am going to the movies followed by a beer in that case, and maybe hook up with an EJ or two.

Seriously, people, think a little before proclaiming that there is no value in stating the hindu POV in fighting islamic extremism...how do you know the borders have been breached if you do not know where the borders are?
MohanJ
BRFite -Trainee

Post by MohanJ »

I can't believe the level of Scriptural and Doctrinal Knowledge on BR is so low that its a shame.
A teekha, salty, little bit of sour and pungent, freshly cooked meat is rajasic.

The same meat becomes Tamasik after it becomes stale and tastless, and kept not in a preserved state of modern time.
Meat is Rajasic?

Meat is ultimate Tamas, just as death is ignorance. THe moment an animal dies, its carcass starts to decompose. There is nothing like 'fresh meat' except on a live animal.

Meat is a product of Death. You can't touch a dead body without contaminating yourself let alone EAT it.

The only exceptions for eating are sacrificial products of legitimate vedic fire ceremonies, which are restrcted by strict requirements that prohibit habitual 'dining'.

By the way, 'eggs' are described as 'products of mensturation'. Some authorities consider it way more Tamasic.

Dont argue it.[/quote]
Last edited by MohanJ on 23 Jan 2008 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
MohanJ
BRFite -Trainee

Post by MohanJ »

Gus wrote:
Come on now...

Thats right, Sita Mata wanted the deer to play with it.
She asks Rama to bring it back at any cost, dead or alive, that she can play with it or if its dead, use its skin for seating purpose.

If Rama had to kill that deer, a single shot would have taken care of the Problem. Instead, Rama ran after the deer to catch it live and only on exhaustion, decided to shoot at it.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Okay, how exactly is all this food and beverage classification (rajasic, wanasic etc). related to Dharma? Don't know...just asking. Sounds like all the islamic fatwas on food to the untrained eye.
Last edited by Rye on 23 Jan 2008 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Murugan wrote:has anybody laid hands on this?

I have breifly read it. In the first few chapters it talks about Hinduism being in danger due to Pakistan. This is the kind of perception they have seeing the location of India.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rye wrote:Sanku wrote:

That just seems to be an attitude of mental laziness. If Dharma cannot be explained clearly, then it is not a usable concept. I mean, the conversations on this thread have this flavour:

Seriously, people, think a little before proclaiming that there is no value in stating the hindu POV in fighting islamic extremism...how do you know the borders have been breached if you do not know where the borders are?
Rye read the full post; I have said time and again that saying Dharmic boundaries have been breached and we must have "ONE" definition is a waste to time.

For two reasons
1) There will never be one definition; since it has been breached in many ways.
2) The many ways have been listed.

What further ground is sought to be covered before we can tackle Islamism and why?

How will defining and further defining the hurt help?

Pray tell me I am totally lost.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

This thread has become impossible to understand.
Devesh Rao
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Devesh Rao »

MohanJ wrote:
Gus wrote: Instead, Rama ran after the deer to catch it live and only on exhaustion, decided to shoot at it.
Rama ran after the deer to catch it, but when he realized that it was not a deer after all but a demon(mariche) in disguise he killed it. Atleast this is what I heard from my dadi/nani.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Sanku wrote:
If you can't define something, you cannot defend it...because your adversaries will define it for you. Saying that dharma cannot be defined is a self-defeating copout in the face of other ideologies which are extremely specific about their beliefs.

I can understand that dharma cannot be written down for all time, etc. etc., but how about defining one for the present? Is that also impossible? If that is the case, might as well shutdown this and other threads and discuss more useful things.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Marriage registration not Islamic, says Muslim board

Opposing the recent Supreme Court order making marriage registration certificates mandatory, the New All-India Muslim Personal Law Board on Wednesday said the community would not accept the directive, as it was an infringement of the Muslim personal law.

Mohammed Hashmi Kanpuri, a member of the board, stated that each and every Muslim was bound with Shariat laws, given by Islam and guaranteed by the country's Constitution.

"Any marriage in Islam is certified by three people including a Kazi, and there is no need for any other certification," he said.

"Muslims are governed by their own rules which are different from the rules of other communities," said Mr Hashmi.

He stated that according to Shariat law, a girl can marry once she attains the age of 16 years, whereas the Constitution allows marriage only after the girl reaches the age of 18.

Taking a swipe at the government's anti-terrorism policies, another board member, Tauqeer Raza, said the community was being victimised in the name of curbing terrorism.

"Every time, a terrorist act takes place, Muslim youth are blamed and taken into custody on mere suspicion, whereas the real culprits are never caught," he said.

The board members were of the view that all the governments in power have adopted the policy of 'use and dump' whenever the issues relating to Muslims have come up.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Rye wrote:Sanku wrote:
If you can't define something, you cannot defend it.....

I can understand that dharma cannot be written down for all time, etc. etc., but how about defining one for the present? Is that also impossible? If that is the case, might as well shutdown this and other threads and discuss more useful things.
Sanatan Dharma is a vast ocean. Sometimes even one drop is enough to know what it is

All of these are parts of the ocean:

e.g: the peace chant

Asato Ma Sat gamaya
Tamaso Ma Jyotir gamaya
Mrityo Ma Bhrutam gamaya
Om Shanti, Shant, Shantihi

From untruth to truth,
From darkness to light
From mortality to immortality

The above is eternal, nothing can ever change it.

Sanatana Dharma believes that man is capable of higher moral action only when he grows into the qualities and powers of the Spirit: that he grows morally when he grows spiritually; therefore it teaches a an ethics of personal spiritual growth. It teaches the ten fold-fold laws and qualities of dharma: contentment (dhriti), forgiveness (kshama), self-control (dama), purification (saucha), sense-control (indriya-nigraha), wisdom (dhi), knowledge (vidya), truthfulness (satya) and abstentation from anger (akrodha).

Sanatan Dharma seeks “rebirthâ€
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

ShauryaT wrote:Choose any one or more of these favorites of mine from Sri Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharishi, Swami Dayananda, Sri Ram Swarup and even Sri Vamdev Shastri (David Frawley).
Swami Dayanand!!! Oh Boy.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Rye wrote:
A: X is adharmic behaviour
B: How so?
A: Because it not dharmic
B: Why is it not dharmic?
A: Because it does not follow the principles of Dharma
B: So how do I know that I am following dharma?
A: If you know, then you don't know, else if you know, then maybe you know.
Does that make it clear?
B: No, but I get it that it is not an easy concept to explain
A: You don't get it...it cannot be explained
B: So how did you know that X was adharmic behaviour if you cannot explain it?
A: Because that is how dharma is. Deal with it.
B: Okay, I am going to the movies followed by a beer in that case, and maybe hook up with an EJ or two.

:rotfl:

Good post that sums up the needless complexity introduced into what is dharma in practice every day.

Let me post a little interjection to sum up a few things.

Dharma is nothing if it is not a code of expected human behavior to preserve society. The only point to be remembered is that dharma is THE code for a society that accepts the concept that "The truth is that which is eternal"

You accept that, and mould your behavior to build a society that can live comfortably with eternal truths of the universe.

That is the sum and substance of Hindu dharma

The specific problem we have here is "How to preserve and maintain society in the presence of an adharmic assault such as islam"

Looked at in this way the solutions are fairly clear, but lead us no further down the path of clarification that we have done so far:

1) Eliminate all Islamic belief as adharmic, or check out individual beliefs that correspond to dharmic principles and reject the rest.
2) Convince people that dharma alone is what will endure and hold society together for the future
3) An Islamic God as a personal belief is quite OK as long as dharmic society is not destabilised using Islamic belief.

The conflict between sanatana dharma and islam occurs in the way each seeks to mould society.

Islam says that Everything that needs to be said about society and its rules have already been written in the Quran and the life of the Prophet.

Sanatana dharma declares nothing as absolute except that which is eternal. That which is eternal is THE God. Sanatana dharma seeks to inculcate behavior that preserves all society and nature, and not just some people subject to their allegiance to one God such as Allah.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

surinder wrote:
ShauryaT wrote:Choose any one or more of these favorites of mine from Sri Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharishi, Swami Dayananda, Sri Ram Swarup and even Sri Vamdev Shastri (David Frawley).
Swami Dayanand!!! Oh Boy.
I guess there are way too many out there. The one I had in mind was Dayananda Sarasvati of the Arya Samaj fame. I also like Dayananda Sarasvati of the Arsha Vidya Gurukulum in the US and also, authors of the Chinmaya mission.

I see, that Shiv has chosen to take one of the drops from the ocean and decided to move on.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

shiv wrote:
The conflict between sanatana dharma and islam occurs in the way each seeks to mould society.

Islam says that Everything that needs to be said about society and its rules have already been written in the Quran and the life of the Prophet.

Sanatana dharma declares nothing as absolute except that which is eternal. That which is eternal is THE God. Sanatana dharma seeks to inculcate behavior that preserves all society and nature, and not just some people subject to their allegiance to one God such as Allah.
Shiv,

Perhaps a good epistemological definition. To continue what you started:

However, we are going back and forth between spiritual and social.
Sanathana Dharma (SD for short) does not absolutely define the bounds of the unbound able (God or Brahman for the ignorant).
However, SD fails in not defining social Dharma.

Islam however does not do much (similar to the Bible, unlike the Torah) on trying to define the bounds or describe the unboundedness of God.
However, it puts a command-control structure in place when it comes to society.

If folks have failed to see what I am threading (pun intended) towards, it is to write the new Dharma Shastra.
We got it wrong with Manu Smrithi - it is time to fix it or rewrite and not throw the baby with the bath water. :mrgreen:
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

looks to me:

Hindu/Vedic/Sanatan Dharma = (to bring) Universal Harmony = everybody irrespective of belonging to beliefs can attain/see the truth

v/s

Izlam = (to bring) Universal Disharmony ??? = All except me are Fools and required to be killed if they dont join me

very odd entities to compare.

Perhaps we are not comparing ourselves (sanatan/vedic/hindu) with a religion. it is something else.

Especially when we try to see it thru' our understanding of religion, like dhr = which stabilized (izlam destablizes), or by other definition Dharayati iti dharma = which holds you (in good stead and integrated) is dharma while izlam is something different, and looks to be disintegrating everything around and within.

Another definition of dharma - Yato Abhyudaya Ni:Shreyas Siddhi Sa Dharma = Material and Spiritual upliftment is dharma does not fit well with izlam.

In short, We can not define izlam as dharma with our way of defining dharma. Pundits here may be having more ideas and insights into dharma - but, imho, i dont see izlam fitting into our way defining/understanding dharma.
Last edited by Murugan on 24 Jan 2008 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Murugan wrote:Izlam = (to bring) Universal Disharmony ??? = All except me are Fools and required to be killed if they dont join me.
:D :lol: Truer Words Have Never Been Spoken...
skganji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by skganji »

Acharya wrote:
Murugan wrote:has anybody laid hands on this?

I have breifly read it. In the first few chapters it talks about Hinduism being in danger due to Pakistan. This is the kind of perception they have seeing the location of India.
Guys, this is my first post and I would like to contribute meaningful artciles to this web-site, so please bare with me if I make any mistakes. I think that this is very much true after seeing the decline of Hinduism in Pakistan and Bangladesh and the ever increasing influence of Islam on India's politics and the growing threat of Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and uncontrolled population explosion in Islamic society in India , perpetuated by Islamic mullahs and societies.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

When one has broken the barrier of 3 Gunas, person can eat anything and not get effected by it . i think nature of food is not the issue but that of person. Even the Compassionate One , Lord Budha ate meat, Sri Ramakrishana ate fish and hunting has been one of good pastimes of Devtas and Avataras.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

murugan wrote: In short, We can not define izlam as dharma with our way of defining dharma.
In other words - since from a Dharmic point we cannot understand Islam - we are back to square one and losing the battle for hearts and minds to EJs.
Which in turn tweaks Hindu takleef and there is no end to this....

Also, could you please explain yourself in full sentences rather than cryptic text. It is hard to read.

Not really sure what all this food discussion is about - folks get hungry when we talk of Dharma? :P
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Prem wrote:When one has broken the barrier of 3 Gunas, person can eat anything and not get effected by it . i think nature of food is not the issue but that of person. Even the Compassionate One , Lord Budha ate meat, Sri Ramakrishana ate fish and hunting has been one of good pastimes of Devtas and Avataras.
For true jnana and spiritual purity only plants are advised for consumption.