Book Announcement : Sukhoi Su-30 in Indian Service

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.

What do you guys think

Yes - Will definitely buy the book
61%
Nah - Overpriced
9%
Maybe - will wait for reviews and decide.
29%
Uncommitted - Not into the Sukhoi-30
2%

Total votes: 56

Kapil
Webmaster BR

Re: Book Announcement : Sukhoi Su-30 in Indian Service

Post by Kapil »

Ok guys,

Here u go.

http://www.anveshan.com/product_info.ph ... ucts_id/46

Mastercard is NOT accepted at the moment.
Everything else is.

Cheers,

Kapil
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Kapilji, have paid for the book using my HDFC Bank Netbanking. How long would delivery take to South Mumbai?
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

AoA my transaction went horribly wrong. admittedly this was my first online transaction.
after inputting the data, the next page kept me waiting for infinity,tried 3 times with
2 different cards, it is no can do, can I have some other way of getting the book. Please!
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

BhairavP wrote:Kapilji, have paid for the book using my HDFC Bank Netbanking. How long would delivery take to South Mumbai?
H bhairav,

Please mail me on info at anveshan.com
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

ajay pratap wrote:AoA my transaction went horribly wrong. admittedly this was my first online transaction.
after inputting the data, the next page kept me waiting for infinity,tried 3 times with
2 different cards, it is no can do, can I have some other way of getting the book. Please!
Hi Ajay,

I have emailed you.

Kapil
shetty
BRFite

Post by shetty »

Jagan wrote:guys , please share some more info on the book - anythign new in terms of info?
In the book it said that one of the ToT item was Single Crystal Blade tech to build the engine in India. I am guessing that it never happened. Anyone got any more info on this?
Pragadeesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pragadeesh »

Hi Kapil ,
Is it possible to buy this book in Germany ???.I don't think I'll get any cost benefit by purchasing this book in Germany but definitely it'll have an influence on the delivery time. The decision is based on your reply.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Pragadeesh.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Hi Pragadeesh,

I am despatching books all over.
I am not aware of any stockists in Germany though.
I think delivery will be the same as the supply chain backend is the same :-)
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Kapilji, mailed. Have forwarded the confirmation mail as well.
SG_Raman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SG_Raman »

Hi Pragadeesh,

I am based in germany as well and I have ordered last week with aviation-bookshop walla's.. Hoping to get my hands on it this week.

Rgds
Shankar.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

The Shankar? 8)
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Kapilji, mail received? Please confirm.
SG_Raman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SG_Raman »

Yes, Kapil.
Pragadeesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pragadeesh »

SG_Raman wrote:Hi Pragadeesh,

I am based in germany as well and I have ordered last week with aviation-bookshop walla's.. Hoping to get my hands on it this week.

Rgds
Shankar.
Hi Shankar,
Just today I placed my order @ Anveshan :-). Now it's the waiting time that pains me.
Can you PM me your private email id??, I am interested to have your contact.
I'm out of station from today till coming Tuesday - on a trip to Black forest region. So, don't mistake me in case you haven't received any response from me during the above mentioned period.

Cheers,
Pragadeesh
SG_Raman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SG_Raman »

HI Pragadeesh,

You can reach me @ sgiyaratyahoodotcom
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Kapil, can we meet on Saturday? Cash lo, book do.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Watch this space :mrgreen:

sarang
BRFite

Post by sarang »

:eek: :eek:
I am jalous.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

One for me and one for my doggie :mrgreen:
Pragadeesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pragadeesh »

Kapil wrote:Hi Pragadeesh,

Hi Kapil,
I have ordered the book on 22.08.2008 and I think payment is also done on the same day but I haven't received my book till now!!.
May I know when I'll get it or is it possible for you give me an update??.

Thank you.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Kapil - How do we order the book for delivery to the US? (Apologize if this has been already answered).
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pragadeesh wrote:
Kapil wrote:Hi Pragadeesh,

Hi Kapil,
I have ordered the book on 22.08.2008 and I think payment is also done on the same day but I haven't received my book till now!!.
May I know when I'll get it or is it possible for you give me an update??.

Thank you.

Good time to ask the question.

The books were initially shipped to me and arrived in India in August. But they were stuck at customs because of a series of buffoons who assumed that I must be "importing medical books" (several hundred of them!). By the time various people in various organizations (customs, import agent etc) figured out what was going on and various festival holidays had been taken and various relatives of the said people had been admitted and discharged from various hospitals and a few grandparents had died and a few more grandparents memorial ceremonies were conducted - it was the 24th of September.

Kapil has some now and deliveries should be beginning I guess.
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Thanks for the updates Shiv ji, I got my book yesterday!
The books is absolutely awesome - the pics are so good that it got my SHQ and my 70+ aunt seriously interested in the Rambha 8) so thanks Simon, Phil, Kapil, Shivji and the rest for the fantastic book!
cheers,
Saumitra
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

8)
Vivek- Just go to www.anveshan.com and order.

No wonder,I couldnt hear Shiv's dog-I guess he was quitely reading the book somewhere.

Pragadeesh-Have emailed you.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

saumitra_j wrote:Thanks for the updates Shiv ji, I got my book yesterday!
The books is absolutely awesome - the pics are so good that it got my SHQ and my 70+ aunt seriously interested in the Rambha 8) so thanks Simon, Phil, Kapil, Shivji and the rest for the fantastic book!
cheers,
Saumitra
My only contribution in this saga was writing a couple of love letters to customs and breaking my back trying to get Kapil on a bus to the airport.
vkashyap
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vkashyap »

Hi Kapil,
I received the book yesterday (that was quick considering it was an international shipment).

Awesome job and loved the extra addition in the package too :D

Thanks and keep up the good work!

-Vinay
VishnuCK
BRFite -Trainee

Reader Reviews for "Sukhoi Su30 Flanker in Indian Service"

Post by VishnuCK »

Could any of our Guru's out here share some reader reviews for the book titled "Sukhoi Su30 Flanker in Indian Service"? I tried to see if i could get some reviews at Amazon.com but could not even find this title out there. May be either this is a new book or it was meant to be just sold in India. I would really appreciate it, if someone who already owns a copy of this book could post its Table Of Contents. I am looking to see if this book goes into the technical details as to how this series of aircraft's were conceived, designed, developed and deployed and yes not to forget lots of glossy pictures too :lol: .
My apologies if i have posted this question in the wrong forum under BR. :)

Thanks,
Nikhil T
BRFite

Re: Reader Reviews for "Sukhoi Su30 Flanker in Indian Service"

Post by Nikhil T »

IB4TL!!!!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: Reader Reviews for "Sukhoi Su30 Flanker in Indian Service"

Post by NRao »

VCK,

Please delete this thread and post your Q in the MKI thread
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Hey no IB4TL until the 400 copies I have sitting in boxes at home move out.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

shiv wrote:Hey no IB4TL until the 400 copies I have sitting in boxes at home move out.
Oh What??? Arrgggghhh!!!! :evil: and I ordered from the book shop in UK to get it delivered in OZ when I could have just gotten it from Shiv ji like the LCA book.

Thats it no more over enthu. ordering until confirmed with one of the BRF oldies/mullahs/ayotollahs
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Could any of our Guru's out here share some reader reviews for the book titled "Sukhoi Su30 Flanker in Indian Service"? I tried to see if i could get some reviews at Amazon.com but could not even find this title out there. May be either this is a new book or it was meant to be just sold in India.
Hav'nt seen too many reviews either - which is a shame :

Review which i posted in Acig.org in Nov'08 :

Sukhoi - Su 30 Flanker in Indian Service (Simon Watson - Phil Camp)
96 Pages - 308 Colour Photos, 26 Patches and five Colour profiles

Aviation-bookshop.com GBP 16.99

This is an excellent first book by the photographer Simon Watson with whom I am acquainted and co-authored by Phil Camp , IAF historian and Patch collecter .Both are well known in IAF and BR circles from his frequent visits to IAF bases and Aero India - also has photos by dave willis (ex-Aerospace Publishing) , Jagan , USAF , RAF et al.

Simon ,well known to many acig folks , is also the owner of the renowned Aviation Boooook Shop now re-located in Tunbridge Wells and probably the best stocked aviation book shop on the planet and has always been very generous.

This was originally planned for release at Indradhanush II in RAF Waddington, as conveyed to me by the authors - however it inevitably got delayed.

The Book traces the development of the Su-3o K.MKI and in particular the service induction in the IAF , Local Production details ,squadron induction and includes potted Squadron histories and is an excellent photographic record (pg 96) , meticulous detail and effort has gone to present the history in chronological order including rare brochures and pamphlets and all the Sukhoi IAF patches in existence.

There is a good writeup on the engine ,airframe , weapons , avionics and of interest are minor details like the service induction in 2007 of Gimbals giving additional antenna manoeuverability - however classified information on radar characteristics etc not revealed else the authors would probably become persona non-grata at the IAF bases.

Differences between Su-30 K and MKI are articulated and of interest is the coverage of Indradhanush in RAF Waddington last year.

Where this book scores and is unique are the excellent photos of the Su-30 MKI including many air to air from exercises , the 25 odd pages of close-ups and walk around which will be a delight to all modelers and very informative , closeups of weapons and one page of around 30 squadron patches .A highly detailed walk-around and under of all the main external parts are shown.

Even the inside covers are utilised to show the excellent colour profiles and there are excellent close-ups of weapons and a whole page of patches.

I would have liked to see a write-up on operational tactics ,Service maintainability of the MKI and training (if permissible and maybe not !!) and some pictures of live firing of R-73 or R-27 - however there are some unpublished pictures from his visits to Lohegaon AF , various exercises and some superb in-flight pictures with various contemporary AF including re-fueling with a Mirage 2000 H etc .

The printing and the photos on glossy paper with informative captions and a breathtaking cover (think there was a Typhoon flying alongside the original photo) are a delight.

Hope Simon will also bring out a similar work on the Mirage 2000 H in IAF service

In all a great work with excellent rare photos , close-ups and a first of its kind - highly recommended for IAF buffs.

PS : At Aero india , some of the buyers included Sukhoi (KNAAPO ) , rep from PRC and EADS (makers of Eurofighter Typhoon).
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Krishna,

I am using your sukhoi review on the main site (with minor changes - will send you the fixed text shortly)

regards

Jagan