Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Malegaon blasts and the limits of fake secularism

Post by fanne »

I hear you, I am just thinking ahead, trying to make a model with insufficient data. Throwing an idea if someone else sees all these dots connecting.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Manu wrote:I just visited their website. It's pretty obvious what their "agenda" is.

However, what is not known (to me), is did they actively influence This Report?

If so, it must be said that America is becoming the Saudi Arabia for EJs. Sanjay Chowdhry said this a month ago. Even before the Malegaon Drama began.

And that the Sabrangi crowd has so deeply penetrated our Union Govt. is a matter of Alarm. Now, the Sonal Shah thing also makes sense. The "about us" and "our team" pages go nowhere on their website. Who are these people? What is their agenda? Source of Funding? How can the fight be taken to them? Is Teesta Setalvad (2007 Padmashree Awardee) just a front for some sinister org. or is this just an FHL show?

Is this outside the purview of BR? I obviously don't want us to concoct conspiracy theories, but perhaps, open source discussion may be allowed.

Added Later: Do they exercise control over The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) as well?

Because it is known already that Teesta and husband Javed's publication, Communalism Combat, requested and received funds from the Congress Party, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India and ten individuals to run advertisements in national dailies attacking the Sangh Parivar, including the Bharatiya Janata Party.

How deep are the roots of all this?
Same communist mass murderers have opened multiple organisations to combat "communalism" and collect money from foreign "donors" and send them "eye-witness" reports on communalism. note : zahira sheikh was one was those eye-witness who later accused Teesta Setalvad of keeping her in illegal confinement.

Some people wanted to send love letters to sabrang, here is the required info. Please save it, it will needed in the future when br may not exist while the communist cannibals will be still be going about doing their communalism combat business.

Sabrang-Contact Us

Advertisement Queries
sabrang@sabrang.com

Subscription Queries
sabrang@bom2.vsnl.net.in

Comments/questions on content
Request for additional information
Letter to the Editor
sabrang@bom2.vsnl.net.in

Postal address :wink:
Sabrang Communications & Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
P.O. Box No. 28253, Juhu Post Office, Mumbai - 400 049. (India).
Tel/Fax -: 91-22-2660 2288
Tel -: 91-22-2660 3927

Sabrang-About us

In a nutshell, the philosophy of
Sabrang Communications and Publishing Pvt. Ltd.

Sabrang Communications ("sabrang" means "all colours") was started in 1993 to provide information on, analyse and expose the machinations of communal politics in India, on the subcontinent and abroad and to publicise the attempt of secular individuals, groups and organisations engaged in fighting them. We stand for equal respect to all religions but are opposed to the cynical manipulation of faith in the pursuit of power. Therefore we are opposed to both majority and minority communalism.

Communalism Combat

The riot in the mind festers for long before it spills onto the streets... and can often be prevented by responsible information, debate and dialogue.
Communalism Combat, a monthly in an attractive reader-friendly format, has been, since August 1993, doing just that. Publishing analyses and exposures of the manipulations of communal political parties, both of the majority and the minority, as also soul-searching personal accounts of individuals from India, the sub-continent and abroad engaged in battling the forces that divide.

Articles and ideas from the grassroots are always welcome. Already we reach over 4,500 schools and 1,500 colleges. Note the number of educational institutions these commie {comrades} have already targetted with their propaganda.

From January 1998, we will also be producing a monthly Wallpaper on communal harmony, in Hindi. These will be distributed for display at schools and community centres.

Khoj -- secular education programme :lol:

KHOJ, Prejudice is consciously or unconsciously passed on from generation to generation by way of communal prejudice, gender and caste biases. Since June 1994 we have been researching extensively on creative modules that can evolve into full-fledged intervention within the social studies syllabus to prejudice at different levels. KHOJ, our secular education programme, is today successfully running in many Bombay :D schools. In another three years we hope to be ready with a versatile multi-media educational kit that can be implemented through the social studies syllabus.

Volunteers who may want to join in are welcome to get in touch.

AMAN, an olive branch of the KHOJ project is an attempt to link children of South Asia with each other. Already children from Karachi have been corresponding with each other through the Aman peacepals programme and we are hoping to visit each other in an exchange soon. We have printed peace T-shirts using a logo created by a Pakistani child.

And another commie org which is connected to these sabrangis.

Citizens for Justice and Peace (CJP)
Who are we?

Formally, The Citizens for Justice and Peace (CJP) was formed in Mumbai on March 31, 2002.

The Members of CJP are the following:

Alyque Padamsee(Communications/Advertising)

Anil Dharkar(Columnist)

Cyrus Guzder(Chairman, Airfeight)

Arvind Krishnaswamy( DGM, Bharat Petroleum)

Gulam Mohammed(Businessman)

Nandan Maluste(Finance, Kotak Mahindra)

I.M. Kadri(Senior Architect)

Javed Akhtar(Poet, lyricist)

Javed Anand(Communalism Combat)

Teesta Setalvad(KHOJ, Communalism Combat)

Titoo Ahluwalia(ORG-Marg)

Vijay Tendulkar(Playwright)

Contact us at cjp02in@yahoo.com
Last edited by enqyoob on 20 Nov 2008 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Protest from gentle, cylindrical, chubby farm animals
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

BTW, see above re: "Aman t-shirt printed using a picture drawn by a Pakistani child"

Guess what it is.

More on Sabrang

Also see the Zaheera Shaikh circus to understand the pull that T. Setalwad has with the Supreme Adalat of Hindustan. Zaheera was kept in confinement and conned by an organization that got her to sign an "Affidavit" written in English. So Zaheera was sent to jail by the Adalat when she finally was told what the Affidavit contained, and recanted it immediately, repeatedly and consistently. Supreme Justice...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe UPA and HFL brief is to unravel India too so Pak H&D is protected.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

ramana and all:

Per Indian law, displaying/ publishing a map of India falsely representing borders (e.g. showing even POK as not part of India) is a NON-BAILABLE OFFENSE.

So how come Teesta Setalwad gets away printing and selling 4500 t-shirts showing the maps on those links, starting circa 1999 when Indian boys were getting tortured to death defending Indian borders, and continuing through today, and continuing to brag about that on the internet?

Anyone here based in Mumbai? These are the sorts of things that lead me to the "hypothesis" that I posted on another thread and got all the folks jumping up and down. It should be / have been soooo easy to shut down this Sabrang scam and get the traitors arrested?

Now u c what I mean when I say that T. Setalwad has "pull" with the Supreme Adalat? Her gang is above Indian Law!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is Pioneer the lone ranger for the Malegoan accused? Is any other English language press batting for them and due process of law?
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

ramana wrote:Is Pioneer the lone ranger for the Malegoan accused? Is any other English language press batting for them and due process of law?
I am more concerned about local news paper or Hindi news paper. Does any one know how this is reported in local news paper?
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

Malegaon: Politics vs investigation
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/vi ... x?id=44698
(His wife in the discussion says that he has mentally collapsed after being labeled as a "terrorist", after fighting/killing them for 14 yrs in various operations)

Lieutenent Colonel Purohit: Hero or extremist?
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/st ... 0080073421
Is Lieutenent Colonel Prasad Purohit a talented officer or a radical extremist?

So far the headlines have only has suggested the latter. But his family has now made public details of Purohit's record in his defense.

Commendation Letter from ATS

Perhaps the most embarrasing for investigators is a letter from the Anti-Terrorism Squad itself. Sent in September 2005, it is signed by K P Raghuvanshi, the then Deputy Commissioner of Police. It commends Purohit for a training programme.

Commendation Letter from 15 Marathas Light Infantry

A confidential letter from the officiating commanding officer of the 15 Marathas Light Infantry commending his role in a live encounter with infiltrating terrorists along the Line of Control in February 2001.

Commendation Letter from Rashtriya Rifles

A commendation letter from Rashtriya Rifles in May 2002 for his service during the the visit of the PM to HQ 28 infantry division.

Commendation Letter 68 Mountain Brigade

A commendation letter from Brig Prakash Menon, headquarters, 68 Mountain Brigade, sent in May 2002 for killing 2 foreign terrorists.

Commendation Letter Station HQ, Deolali

A commendation letter from Brig A K Garg, Station Commander, Station headquarters Deolali, in October 2002 calling him a dedicated and forthright officer.

Commendation Letter from Nashik Commissioner

Letter from Himanshu Roy, Commissioner of Police, Nashik in November 2006 for the assistance and cooperation between Nashik Police and military intelligence for over a year and a half.

Lieutenent Colonel Prasad Purohit's wife Aparna Purohit says these medals and letters are evidence of Purohit's dedication to the country. "I am very upset that these politicians are getting involved. I am sure the law will take its course and he will come out clean," she says.

The letters and the medals obviously don't rule out the possibility that Purohit may be involved, but it's the first attempt by the officer's family to defend his record.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

yesterday, for once i saw Ms.Teesta getting hammered on TV by a lawyer called Mahesh Jethmalani in Times Now.

I really feel like throwing my TV and damaging it whenever i hear her arguments on TV. I can swear my BP rises by at least 20% after watching every show featuring her and hearing her insane comments.... :oops:
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

The only ones actually getting 'hammered' are the 11 accused "Hindu Terrorists" who have been charged under MCOCA and already declared Guilty by the Media.

They will be continuously hammered till January 23 (when Chargesheet is to be filed), after which their "confessions" to Police, held as valid under MCOCA, will be used against them. Meanwhile, this will allow Hon'ble Home Minister Mr. Shiv Raj Patil to Resurrect his H&D. MMS will be able to sleep better. And a great victory parade will be held for the Queen.

We are truly descending into madness.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

narayanan wrote:ramana and all:

Per Indian law, displaying/ publishing a map of India falsely representing borders (e.g. showing even POK as not part of India) is a NON-BAILABLE OFFENSE.

So how come Teesta Setalwad gets away printing and selling 4500 t-shirts showing the maps on those links, starting circa 1999 when Indian boys were getting tortured to death defending Indian borders, and continuing through today, and continuing to brag about that on the internet?

Now u c what I mean when I say that T. Setalwad has "pull" with the Supreme Adalat? Her gang is above Indian Law!
^

Top judge salvo at ‘shameful’ Teesta
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080220/j ... 923713.jsp

New Delhi, Feb. 19: Chief Justice of India K.G. Balakrishnan today lashed out at social activists, particularly Teesta Setalvad, for accusing the apex court of deliberately “delaying” trial in the Gujarat riot cases.

“It is shameful… not in good taste,” Balakrishnan said, minutes after a bench, headed by the CJI, convened to hear the bail petitions of several Muslims who have been charged under the defunct anti-terror act (Pota) and are languishing in jail.

A section of the media had quoted Setalvad and other social activists as saying the cases were being “adjourned” repeatedly and shunted from one bench to another since 2004 to delay their hearing.

The Gujarat government has charged at least 89 people under the anti-terror act, although a committee reviewing the law had given them a clean chit. They have been behind bars ever since the apex court stayed their trial in 2003. The Supreme Court had said the stay would be vacated once it had taken a decision on transferring the case outside Gujarat. The decision is still pending.

The court specifically voiced its displeasure over remarks attributed to Setalvad, whose NGO, Citizens for Justice and Peace, has been at the forefront of the fight for justice in the Gujarat riots cases.

“Who is this Teesta Setalvad? Is she a spokesperson of these persons or petitioners?” the bench asked. “If she is representing these persons (those seeking bail), we do not want to hear them.”

The lawyers for the bail seekers, Harish Salve and Colin Gonsalves, stepped in to pacify the judges. “You should treat it with contempt and ignore it,” Salve said.

The court then resumed hearing the bail petitions.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

It is not clear why the Army let the ATS walk all over one of its own.
That too for someone at an Lt. Col. level with a good record. What is
the chance that someone gets commended for being upright is twisted
beyond belief as some of the ATS allegations suggest?

At any rate, should he not have been charged in military court first and then
handed over to civilians after being discharged dishonorably from service,
or something like that?

This guy is caught in the middle of it all, may be because he is in the middle of it all,
but he still has his uniform and deserves the respect and discretion for wearing it.

What a shame that Lt. Col. Purohit's wife is all that is left to come to his defense,
not sure what can be said of what the army he serves is doing at this point. But thank
god he has her.

What a hatchet job, this. I say that because it is really pretty easy to pin a charge
on someone long enough to derive benefit for some auxiliary cause. What might that be?

S
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Is Pioneer the lone ranger for the Malegoan accused? Is any other English language press batting for them and due process of law?
Its only the Pioneer from the main stream ELM.
The rest are too busy sucking up as usual
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ATS is becoming a whore with their daily leaks.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

samuel wrote:It is not clear why the Army let the ATS walk all over one of its own.
That too for someone at an Lt. Col. level with a good record. What is
the chance that someone gets commended for being upright is twisted
beyond belief as some of the ATS allegations suggest?

At any rate, should he not have been charged in military court first and then
handed over to civilians after being discharged dishonorably from service,
or something like that?

This guy is caught in the middle of it all, may be because he is in the middle of it all,
but he still has his uniform and deserves the respect and discretion for wearing it.

What a shame that Lt. Col. Purohit's wife is all that is left to come to his defense,
not sure what can be said of what the army he serves is doing at this point. But thank
god he has her.

What a hatchet job, this. I say that because it is really pretty easy to pin a charge
on someone long enough to derive benefit for some auxiliary cause. What might that be?

S
Depends on how the charges have been framed by the ATS.
The Army can take over all cases except in the instances of rape and murder.
The Armed forces are tradition and rule bound to kep quiet.
I did see the Air Chief recently on TV defending the Army in a very general way. Actually this is the best that he can do under the circumstances. I feel bad for Mrs Purohit.
This situation is going to turn around and bite the politicos on the butt pretty soon when the pakis and the bangladeshis begin to rake it up in the international fora. They have already broken out the champagne!
Talk about a self goal!
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Isn't charging an officer of the Indian Army of terrorism tantamount to a treason charge, and is that not reason for the Army to make this a military investigation? So, what charges have been levied against him, finally, a bad gun license? Is this a joke, what?

I want to look at the process that LT COL Purohit is getting. As a serving officer, his wife has to defend him in the media for a charge NOT (yet) levied in any court, by a trigger-happy ATS that is perceptibly political and prosecuting what is essentially treason? Nice bangles!

Is it just possible (nay likely) that as Mrs. Purohit says, the Purohit family's confidence of Purohit's innocence is justified. It will be too late by the time justice is served, if their claim is valid. What face will the Army have left and why would it be any different than the politicians scrambling lives now? They're messing with his head now, they've put him on drugs, they've raked him all over.

Shouldn't someone from the Army say, I'm sorry, charge him with something with right jurisdiction or this is a military justice matter. End of story. May be ATS already did, but I am not aware and would like to be corrected.

S
Last edited by samuel on 21 Nov 2008 12:26, edited 3 times in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

chetak wrote:
Its only the Pioneer from the main stream ELM.
The rest are too busy sucking up as usual
At least Aaj Taak and some other Hindi news channels (not ndtv and cnn ones) are very hard on the ATS; so are some hindi papers. At least in Hindi heartland the right seems to have managed to retain some control over media.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Many can be accessed online, e.g. From Dainik Bhaskar

मालेगांव ब्लास्ट : संघ के दो बड़े नेता थे निशाने पर

एजेंसीFriday, November 21, 2008 12:21 [IST]

मुबंई. 29 सितंबर को हुए मालेगांव धमाके की जांच कर रही मुंबई एटीएस की टीम ने आज एक नया खुलासा किया है। इसमें एटीएस ने यह दावा किया है कि मालेगांव धमाकों में गिरफ्तार संदिग्ध आरोपियों की एक बहुत बड़ी योजना चल रही थी।

एटीएस के अनुसार गिरफ्तार लोग मालेगांव धमाकों के बाद संघ के दो नेताओं को भी अपना निशाना बनाने की योजना तैयार कर रहे थेयह बड़ी योजना बनाने वालों में ले. कर्नल पुरोहित की टीम शामिल थी।

गौरतलब है कि आज मालेगांव धमाकों की जांच की पूरी जानकारी बीजेपी के पूर्व प्रधानमंत्री लालकृष्ण आडवाणी को दी जाएगी। आडवाणी ने धमाकों की जांच पर सवालिया निशान लगाया था जिसके बाद प्रधानमंत्री मनमोहन सिंह ने जांच की पूरी जानकारी उन्हें देने का आश्वासन दिया था।

मालेगांव धमाका : कैमरे ने पकड़ा संदिग्धों को

एजेंसीThursday, November 20, 2008 15:15 [IST]

नई दिल्ली. मालेगांव धमाकों की जांच कर रही महाराष्ट्र एटीएस ने आज एक वीडियो जारी किया है, इसमें धमाकों में गिरफ्तार संदिग्धों के आपसी संबंध को दिखाया गया है।

इस वीडियो में साध्वी प्रज्ञा सिंह ठाकुर, कानपुर से गिरफ्तार महंत दयानंद उर्फ अमृतानंद पांडे और समीर कुलकर्णी को एक साथ एक पार्टी में दिखाया गया है। एटीएस के अनुसार यह वीडियो इस बात को साफ करता है कि इन लोगों में पहले से ही गहरे संबंध थे।

यह वीडियो 12 अप्रैल 2008 का है, जिसे भोपाल में एक पार्टी के दौरान रिकॉर्ड किया गया था और इसमें दयानंद पांडे, साध्वी और समीर कुलकर्णी को साथ-साथ दिखाया गया है। जो कि इस समय तीनों धमाकों में संदिग्ध आरोपी के रूप में पुलिस की हिरासत में हैं।

इस पार्टी को भोपाल में अभिनव भारत ने आयोजित किया था और मालेगांव धमाकों में गिरफ्तार हुए ये संदिग्ध पार्टी में शामिल हुए थे।

इस वीडियो के बाद एटीएस ने यह दावा किया है कि धमाकों में शामिल आरोपियों से पूछताछ करने में अब और सहायता मिलेगी और हो सकता है कुछ बड़े खुलासे भी सामने आएं।
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

I have a gentle suggestion to the gentle postors here. But first another story:

At the end of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, USA, there was a bomb blast near the stage where some concert was going on. One woman in the audience died, several others were injured.

It turned out that a security guard, Mr. Richard Jewell, had found another backpack containing a pipe bomb etc., and delivered it to the police. Guess what? The FBI after bringing in Inspecteur Clouseau, Deputy Barney Fife and other star investigators, announced to the media that the security guard was a "person of interest". The TV and newspapers were full of ppl in the famous black jackets "raiding" his home and bringing out everything in boxes. This went on for months. They "interviewed" him numerous times.

I remember thinking with horror at the first TV report from the sugar-water-plastered hairdo covering the intracranial spaces of Monica Kaufman,
Aren't these people going to get sued? They have NO EVIDENCE against this guy!

The FBI stuffed suits came on TV again and again, tom-tomming various items of non-evidence.

Predictably, they never formally arrested or charged him. Instead they just ruined his life.

A few years later, the anti-government "radical" Eric something was hunted down in the forests a couple of hundred miles away from Georgia. Among many other things, he also confessed to setting the bombs at the Olympics. I believe he has been sentenced to be a lifelong guest of the government.

Someone helped Mr. Jewell sue the FBI and the media. I think the FBI gave him some sort of "settlement". So did the TV stations, after considerable legal wrangling. The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, however, claimed "first amendment" rights and fought the case to the bitter end in court. They "won", though the Judge may have called them a lot of names.

Mr. Jewell died of a heart attack not too long ago.

The Governor "pardoned" him to "clear his name, though I cannot figure out exactly what there was to pardon. I think they also gave "him" some sort of commendation and award. All way too little, way too late.

There was also the case of Dr. Wen Ho Lee, Los Alamos nuclear scientist, accused (because he happens to be of Chinese descent) of espionage by the "authorities". The case ended with the Judge apologizing profusely to Dr. Lee for the grave crimes committed by the government, and calling it a blot on the history of American justice. Same thing: Nearly no one (except I, who track these things and remember) remembers that Dr. Lee was found innocent. No one, not even I, remember the names of the criminal goons who tortured him and destroyed his life.

In India, there is no lack of such stories. Remember the "ISRO spy case" where numerous innocent Indian space scientists where horribly tortured and kept in jail in the "care" of the kind and gentle Kerala Police, and eventually turned out to be innocent? Did those ******** (I mean the torturers) get executed? Or at least tossed in jail for the rest of their undeserving lives?

So what's my point? My point is that ppl here, if they want to do something useful, should systematically list and save the articles (and accounts of the TV "news") so that the guilty are not forgotten. When Lt. Col. Purohit is eventually found to be a hero, we don't want to let these (expletive edited out by admin, me) escape.

Everyone knows that "trial by media" and "leaks by the law enforcement" are wrong. The only comment should be:
No comment. The matter is "sub judice".

So the ATS, the Public Prosecutor, the government's politicians, and the media are all criminals, KNOWINGLY and DELIBERATELY and MALICIOUSLY violating the law. Don't let them be forgotten, don't let them escape.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

samuel wrote:Isn't charging an officer of the Indian Army of terrorism tantamount to a treason charge, and is that not reason for the Army to make this a military investigation? So, what charges have been levied against him, finally, a bad gun license? Is this a joke, what?

I want to look at the process that LT COL Purohit is getting. As a serving officer, his wife has to defend him in the media for a charge NOT (yet) levied in any court, by a trigger-happy ATS that is perceptibly political and prosecuting what is essentially treason? Nice bangles!

Is it just possible (nay likely) that as Mrs. Purohit says, the Purohit family's confidence of Purohit's innocence is justified. It will be too late by the time justice is served, if their claim is valid. What face will the Army have left and why would it be any different than the politicians scrambling lives now? They're messing with his head now, they've put him on drugs, they've raked him all over.

Shouldn't someone from the Army say, I'm sorry, charge him with something with right jurisdiction or this is a military justice matter. End of story. May be ATS already did, but I am not aware and would like to be corrected.

S
This poor guy is a dead duck.
The Army investigation is already underway.
Even if he gets out of the ATS mess, he will still get chewed by the Army for conduct unbecoming at the very least.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

TV news reports just now.
The pakis are officially asking for a report on the samjhauta blasts after that ATS moron linked Col Purohit with this case.
Good going UPA!
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Folks in and around Benaras, are getting really real upset with this
TV soap opera by ATS. They equate this with the Delhi case where
the father of a school girl killed her and used his moolah to buy Bhenji
to order CBI into the fray. come election UPA will pay dearly here.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Lt.Col. Purohit: ultra-patriotism gone awry?
Sunday, November 09, 2008 13:12 [IST]
Nashik: He was praised by his neighbours as a soft-spoken and virtuous young man and commended by superiors in the army as a bright and diligent recruit.

But Lt. Col. Prasad Shrikant Purohit's involvement in a homegrown terror conspiracy and dubbed the "mastermind" behind the Malegaon bombing in September has caused untold embarrassment to the Indian Army.

Born in a cultured, middle-class Maharashtrian Brahmin family in Pune and educated in the reputed Abhinav Vidyalaya and Garware College in the same city, Purohit joined the army in order to serve the nation in the best possible manner rather than making a fabulous career, says his spiritual mentor Shaila Dighe.

"Imbued by patriotic spirit and fired by a desire to do something 'extra-ordinary' for the country and the society, Purohit had first thought of joining politics but I goaded him to join the army," Dighe told IANS.

Lt. Col. Jayant Chitale (retired), who headed the services selection board centre in Pune for several years, describes Purohit, the son of a bank officer, as a bright, hard-working student overflowing with patriotic fervour.

"He met me several times after completing his training and I kept getting a very favourable feedback about him all through his stint, particularly the long one in Jammu and Kashmir," Chitale told IANS.

In 2002 Purohit participated in 15 Maratha Light Infantry's counter-terrorism operations in Jammu and Kashmir and his tenure ended in January 2005 while serving in the Awantipura based intelligence unit of the Military Intelligence Directorate.

"My impression is that Purohit was highly respected by his juniors and also appreciated by his officers because of his outstanding qualities," he said. "Had it not been for his extra-ordinary merit and dedication, the young man would not have risen through the ranks."

Though reticent, Purohit was articulate about his political views and firmly believed that the state was doing little to protect Hindus.

"I can tell you on good authority that several officers are thoroughly disenchanted with the rulers of the country for their lack of political will to sternly deal with terrorism and are itching to do something... Lt. Col. Purohit could be the one who perhaps did it in a manner that he thought right," Chitale said.

It was during his posting in the Army's Deolali Camp near Nashik that Lt. Col. Purohit came in contact with Abhinav Bharat, the radical Hindutva group, set up among others by retired major Ramesh Upadhyay, who is also in the Anti Terrorism Squad's custody for his alleged involvement in the Sep 29 bomb blast.

Apart from giving lectures at the Abhinav Bharat meetings in Nashik and Pune in the last two years, Purohit is believed to have imparted arms training to the group's members and to the activists of the Bajrang Dal, the youth brigade of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad.

Purohit is suspected to have donned many aliases - Rajendra, Srikant and Pramod, apart from his official name Prasad - during the time he allegedly imparted training in handling arms and explosives to the cadres of the two organisations.

ATS investigators are believed to have information that Purohit also donned the name 'Mithun Chakraborty' when he imparted training to the Abhinav Bharat and Bajrang Dal youth near Sinhagad Fort in Pune in 2006.

Among the cadres obtaining training in making bombs was Himanshu Panse of Nanded, who died in an explosion while attempting to make a bomb.

His friend in whose house the exercise was conducted died in the explosion. The explosives being used were allegedly supplied by Purohit, who had hidden them in a gymnasium in Pune that he regularly visited, the ATS investigators believe.

Source : IANS
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

chetak wrote:TV news reports just now.
The pakis are officially asking for a report on the samjhauta blasts after that ATS moron linked Col Purohit with this case.
Good going UPA!
This is exactly what I predicted. TSP will somply sieze on this and go on a roll.

I haven't monitored the TSP press, but they must have exaggarated this "Hindu terrorism" circus by a billion times already.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

sum wrote:yesterday, for once i saw Ms.Teesta getting hammered on TV by a lawyer called Mahesh Jethmalani in Times Now.

I really feel like throwing my TV and damaging it whenever i hear her arguments on TV. I can swear my BP rises by at least 20% after watching every show featuring her and hearing her insane comments.... :oops:
I was in India during the Gujarat Elections and after the elections in 2002 and 2007
She comes in the TV after the election results and her BP goes up and she belches out.
She must be a real monster.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

So while we are getting some Karkare kurkure through media outings, here are couple of books that might help you learn a little bit about narco analysis.

Torture and Democracy By Darius M. Rejali (Chap. 19).
The Concise Book of Lying By Evelin Sullivan
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

In short, if I saw say 15 movies on alien abduction in 4 days and then somebody did a nacro on me, I will tell that indeed aliens picked me up and I was in a flying alien vehicle and what not. That sums up nacro analysis for you.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Meanwhile, Hindu terrorists are running around unchecked. These terrorists are mostly controlled by sadhus and sadhvis, who get their motivation from radical Hinduism and caste and religious intolerance embedded in Hinduism.

The operators receive their training while in the army or from those in the army. Indeed, the Military Intelligence is filled with rogue elements going out of control. So much so that 60KG of RDX can just be dumped in the Jhelum, and no one would bat an eye at the statement. These terrorists are responsible for Malegaon, Hyderabad, Samjhauta, Ajmer...

So who came up with this idea, the Pakis or the FHLs? You vote.

Have you ever walked into a meeting with absolutely no work done and talked your way through it, then on to guffas and kudos over Kingfisher or Taj Mahal with kababs, kurkure and nuts that evening with your friends? If so, you'll understand this diabolical version of the same that a certain group of people might have hatched, but who, how...need to fix bearings.
S
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

It gets more twisted...

Leading Delhi doctor under terror scanner
22 Nov 2008, 0035 hrs IST, TNN

MUMBAI/DELHI: In a sensational twist to the investigations by the Maharashtra ATS, the needle of suspicion has now swung towards a Delhi-based diabetes specialist of international renown, currently working with a leading private hospital.

This doctor, associated with World Hindu Federation, is also alleged to be closely involved with Abhinav Bharat - the extremist organisation whose founder members include Lt Col Shrikant Purohit.

The investigations have also revealed that while the Sangh Parivar might have taken up cudgels for him, Purohit allegedly conspired with Dayanand Pande, the self-anointed Shankaracharya, and a veteran ultra-Hindutva leader from Pune, Shyam Apte, to eliminate two leading RSS functionaries - general secretary Mohan Bhagwat and senior leader Indresh - for being 'soft' on Muslims.

This disclosure by Purohit to the ATS team - first reported by TOI on November 15 - has since allegedly been corroborated by Pande and Apte.

The material recovered from Pande's laptop has also borne out Purohit's anger against the RSS leaders and his plan to kill them, ATS sources said.

Purohit was apparently shocked by what he considered the pusillanimity of the RSS duo. He even suspected them of having been bought over by the ISI, revealed sources, adding that it was the Lt Colonel who convinced Pande and Apte of the desirability of getting rid of Bhagwat and Indresh.

Indresh, a well-known pracharak with a reputation of being a dynamic organiser, has been overseeing RSS's Muslim outreach -- an initiative which has the strong support of Mohanrao Bhagwat, widely tipped to take over from K S Sudharshan as the sarsanghchalak. Indresh, at the instance of Bhagwat and Sudarshan, had organised 'Aman-e-Paigham Yatra' (peace march) from Nizamuddin Dargah in Delhi to Hazratbal in Srinagar. The exercise was timed to coincide with the Amarnath agitation.

According to ATS sources, Purohit did a very good job of persuasion. So much so that Apte allegedly arranged for Rs 5 lakh for execution of the plot. For his part, Pande organised a 9mm Chinese pistol for the 'job'. Not just that, the alleged Swami even promised to make available to Purohit a poisonous powder which could be slipped in the shoes of any target leading to his destruction in 15 days. :shock:

Pande alias Sudhakar Dwivedi, who is fast emerging as what ATS sources called "a shrewd mind unburdened by scruples", claimed to have received the poison from a devotee during one of his 'spiritual tours' and was very pleased with the acquisition. He would boast of the ease with which he could kill by inviting the victim to his ashram where the protocol required visitors to take off their shoes.

However, both Pande and Apte felt disappointed when Purohit failed to fulfil his promise to find people to assassinate Bhagwat and Indresh. He had even introduced the would-be assassin to Apte.

The alleged plot takes on significance in view of the assessment of the ATS that Abhinav Bharat, the Indore-based Hindutva outfit that Purohit helped found, was drawing in Hindu radicals who found RSS's tactics too mild for their tastes. The growing appeal of Abhinav Bharat, according to police sources, had begun to cause anxieties to some Sangh Parivar leaders who sought out Purohit for collaboration and met him more than once in Mumbai.

The dissatisfaction Purohit and others had with RSS leadership mirrors the disappointment that many ultra-Hindus have felt with the Sangh leadership, disdaining its emphasis on abstract goals of character-building and fondness for lathis as completely inadequate to the threats facing Hindus. :roll:

Investigations have also unearthed what ATS sources described as unsavoury aspects of Pande. He was extremely fond of his laptop to the extent that many call him 'laptop wale baba'. The addiction, however, has led the ATS to a trove of information stored on his laptop. The information retrieved has been used to check the veracity of alibis and confront the suspects.

Pande also had a good rapport with Sadhvi Pragya Singh -- something which has led the ATS to examine afresh the extent of the latter's involvement in the terror plots.
Bharati
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Bharati »

Looks like this entire farce is more than what meets the eye. Different players have different motives and are a party to this, not bothering what long term impact the repercussions might have.
Congress - they know they will lose the next election. They want to discredit BJP, Sangh, Hindus etc all those who can come in the way of congress coming to power again. They are making it extremely difficult for BJP to rule. They want the entire world to have the perception of BJP similar to what Modi has. No matter what BJP does, media will bash its policies, 'intellectuals' will bash it in international fora. They are basically trying to make BJP look like monster, similar to Modi. The only way out for BJP is to have a strong support of the common man and for this they should mainly concentrate on development. MSM is preparing itself to attack BJP rule like never before.
ISI/jihadi groups - their target is MI and do equal equal between jihad and 'hindu terrorism' so that India can't talk about islamic terrorism. jihadis can bomb india at will and there will be mullah yadavs to fund their legal expenses if the cops ever manage to catch the terrorists. Since hindus now question ATS role, islamists can question ATS when they arrest jihadis. In short, all institutions in India will lose credibility in nailing terrorists. jihadis will never get caught as no one would be willing to arrest them and face media/public ire, and even if they do, they can get away claiming to be 'innocent'. All this means, ISI can get more recruits.
EJs - what they have done to governments in Karnataka and Orissa is what they will do to BJP government and hindu groups if they ever try to question EJ activity. Hindus were so far bigots, now they are terrorists as well.

Despite all the above, I am confident the strategy will backfire on them. They are only accelerating the awakening. The next 20 years are going to be most important for India and will set the path for coming centuries. JMTs
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

AoA! If someone puts me under "narco-test" I will tell them that I am a mullah in Pakistan giving fatwas and sending Predator hellfire missiles to delete naughty postors. Of course a "brainscan" will come up completely empty.

I hope some enterprising soul out there is making a comedy series called "Maharashtra ATF". From the stories coming out, it looks like they have been slipping a bit of the "narco" into their Rooh Afza daily.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

As an aside, if you remember, pre-2004, we used to object to BBC characterization of BJP as Hindu Nationalists. The TOI(let) and other assorted outlets frequently refer to them as the 'Saffron Camp'. I suppose that is acceptable? Will it be okay to refer to INC as the "Mughal Camp" or the "Pope's Army"?

ATS finds no clue in Purohit laptop
ATS finds no cluein Purohit laptop

TN Raghunatha/PTI | Mumbai/Pune

On a day when a Nashik court transferred the Malegaon blast case to the Mumbai-based special Maharashtra Control for Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court, the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) formally arrested Abhinav Bharat's national coordinator Sudhakar Chaturvedi, whom a city court remanded to ATS custody till December 3. Chaturvedi is the eleventh accused in Malegaon blast case against whom the ATS has invoked MCOCA.

In a significant development, Lt Col Purohit - in a written submission made to a Pune court on Friday - alleged that the ATS interrogators had beaten him up and tried to coerce him into making a confession, while he was in their custody. [Remember that under MCOCA, Confessions to Cops are admissable as evidence}.

He, however, told the court he had no grievances against the Pune police, in whose custody he was for two days in an alleged cheating and forgery case.

"As they forced my client to make a confession while in custody, the ATS interrogators even told him that he was free to retract his confession subsequently in court. However, my client steadfastly refused to sign the confessional statement," Lt Col Purohit's counsel Shrikant Shivde told The Pioneer from Pune in the evening.

Earlier in the afternoon, Magistrate GG Italekar remanded Purohit to 14-day judicial custody in the alleged cheating and forgery case filed against him by a Pune resident Milind Date.

Making a case for Chaturvedi’s ATS custody, Special Public Prosecutor Rohini Salian informed a city special court that key blast accused Purohit and Chaturvedi were in constant touch in connection with arranging blast conspiracy meetings and that his custodial interrogation would shed more light on what transpired in these meetings.

Alleging that his client had been "falsely implicated" and that there was no evidence against him, Chaturvedi's lawyer Naveen Chomal opposed his client's custody on the apprehension that the ATS would torture him while in custody to extract a confessional statement.

In two related developments, one of the key Malegaon blast accused Dayanand Pandey was subjected to narco analysis test at the Forensic Science Laboratory in Bangalore and a team of police officials from Hyderabad met the state ATS officials in Mumbai in connection with investigations into the serial bomb blasts in the Andhra Pradesh capital in August 2007. Hyderabad's is the fourth police team to have interacted with the Maharashtra ATS officials. Earlier, police teams from Haryana, Gujarat and Rajasthan police had met the ATS officials in Mumbai.

Meanwhile, investigations into the laptop of arrested Purohit has shown that the Army officer apparently visited anti-Muslim websites frequently :roll: but revealed nothing incriminating.

The laptop, handed over by the Army after a week of Purohit's arrest, was examined at a forensic laboratory during which, the probe agencies claimed that he was often visiting anti-Muslim and [/color] jehadi websites, sources attached with the investigations said. {Looks like the Standard Procedure for an Intel. Operative}

But, the investigators did not get details about the composition about the saffron outfit -- Abhinav Bharat -- whose cadre are alleged to be behind the blast in Malegaon on September 29 which they were looking for.

Also, Dayanand Pandey underwent a narco analysis test at the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) in Mumbai, FSL sources said. Pandey was subjected to the narco analysis test for about four hours, the sources told PTI. FSL is yet to decide whether to subject Pandey to other tests like polygraph and brain mapping, they said.

In Sonepat, throwing its weight behind the Malegaon blast accused, including sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a group of advocates have set up a 17-member lawyers committee for providing legal assistance to them. Stating that the Hindu Unification Movement Legal and Welfare Association (HMLA) will provide legal assistance to the Sadhvi and other accused, Bhupeshwar Dayal Gaur, a founder member of the association, said here today the committee comprises 12 lawyers from the town alone. He said the Maharashtra ATS conducting a probe into the September 29 blast, has already collected information about the association and he, too, was interrogated in Delhi recently.

The BJP on Friday asserted it did not want to interfere with investigations into the Malegaon blast but said Maharashtra ATS should not "harass" saints and army personnel.

"We do not want to interfere with the probe into the Melagaon blast but the ATS should not harass the saints and Army personnel," BJP chief Rajnath Singh told mediapersons here.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Link
Congress puts sinister spin

The Pioneer Edit Desk

But Malegaon truth shall prevail

Despite the bravado of its official spokesperson — who accused Mr LK Advani and the BJP of “defending terror accused” — it is clear that the Congress is rattled by the political turn that the so-called investigation into the September 29 explosion at Malegaon has taken. Even if one were to presume that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad is on the right track — although it has furnished no compelling evidence yet — the casualness with which those running the investigation have acted is shocking. An institution such as the Army has been traduced, in private briefings and even in a court document, and been accused of protecting terrorists by, at least, egregious acts of omission. That aside, both Sadhvi Pragya and Lt Col SP Purohit have filed sworn affidavits telling the court that the ATS has tortured them. The sadhvi’s affidavit was succinct, clear and categorical, and vetted by one of India’s most respected lawyers. It made specific accusations about her being verbally abused, her chastity being questioned, access being denied to lawyers and, contrary to directions by the Supreme Court, no female police personnel being present while she was interrogated or moved from one location to another. The public response to these revelations has been strong. More important, it has been spontaneous. For instance, the small group of 81 citizens who marched to the National Human Rights Commission in Delhi on Friday afternoon comprised, aside from one or two political activists, retired civil servants and white collar professionals who usually stay away from public protests. It does show that, somewhere, the affront to a woman and to as venerated an institution as the Army has hurt middle India. The Prime Minister’s attempt at damage control, his call to Mr Advani and the decision to send the National Security Adviser and the Intelligence Bureau chief for a joint briefing would suggest that the Congress has sensed that the popular mood is not sympathetic and positively suspicious of the actions of the Maharashtra Government.

It is nobody’s case that politics or ideological prejudice should come in the way of terrorism investigations. However, it is interesting that the Congress did not take this moralistic position when some of its own MPs sought to denounce the recent Batla House gun battle in Delhi, implying it was a fake encounter and practically charging the Delhi Police with cold-blooded murder. The Samajwadi Party, a key ally of the Congress, is actually talking of funding the legal defence of the Indian Mujahideen terror suspects. It is worth noting that there is a large body of evidence against the IM members. There is no matching case against the supposed ‘Hindu terrorists’. Other than a new name every day — the latest is a 70-year-old, semi-incapacitated IT professional who lives in a Pune bungalow, and who has been informed, through a newspaper plant, that he is the mastermind of ‘Hindu terrorism’ — the ATS has furnished next to nothing. In this situation to ask what exactly it is doing, suggest it lay off salacious off-the-record briefings and demand it respect the dignity of both a woman remand prisoner and of the Indian Army is hardly unreasonable. As for the guilt or innocence of the suspects, let the courts decide. Whether the ATS and its political masters are in congress or otherwise, truth shall prevail.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Let the song and dance go on...Congress and the yellow press will stop this once they realise it is going to cost them lots of votes.

On stalinist yellow journalist writing for Nandigram rapist goon's propaganda yellow press gushes with joy that this is the most dramatic case since the assassination of Gandhi - thereby unwittingly admitting that to come across a case of 'Hindu terrorism' you have to go back 60 years, whereas on an hourly basis, across the world and in India thousands are being butchered in the name of a 'religion of peace'

The cure is to go the basics - don't treat the symptoms but the disease. The disease is that any stray dog can lift its leg and piss on the Hindu community and pay NOTHING in terms of votes. Change that and you will change Marxist mass murders' B-team puppets and dynasty's domestic servants and slaves.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Look at the speed with which this is moving...Someone needs to look at why Patil has been silent more closely.

From TOI:
Top cops meet today to discuss new terror outfits
22 Nov 2008, 0902 hrs IST, TNN

NEW DELHI: With the ongoing probe into the Malegaon blast virtually opening a Pandora's box relating to emergence of new terror outfits :twisted: having radical Hindus as its members, top cops of the country will on Saturday discuss how such a vast network comprising serving and retired Army personnel and known faces of religious groups could remain undetected for so long. :rotfl:

The matter will be one of the main points of discussion under a common topic — terrorism — during the annual directors general and inspectors general of police conference here.

Though terrorism has always been on top of the list in every high-profile security and intelligence meeting, the issue this time will have a new dimension in light of the Malegaon blast probe which led to arrest of 10 persons, including Lt Colonel Shrikant Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya Singh, for their alleged roles in the September 29 blast.

The two-day conference, organized by Intelligence Bureau (IB), will be inaugurated by home minister Shivraj Patil. Police chiefs from all states, paramilitary forces and intelligence agencies will try to work out a joint strategy on countering threats from militant and fundamentalist groups.

Recent serial blasts in Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Delhi by Islamic groups and communal violence in different parts of the country will also come up for discussion. Besides, left-wing extremism, insurgency in northeast, terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, ways to strengthen intelligence gathering mechanism, better Centre-state coordination in handling terror-related cases, use of technology and forensic science in probe and better management of borders will also be discussed separately.

PM Manmohan Singh will attend the conference on Sunday. Police chiefs of states are also expected to express their views on setting up a federal agency — as suggested by different official panels — to probe criminal cases including terror attacks which have inter-state and international linkages.

A home ministry official said the top cops would also be asked for an alternative if states are not keen on setting up such an agency.

Attacks on Christians and their religious places in Orissa, Karnataka and Kerala will also figure during the two-day meet. Deliberations on strengthening security cover for airports, rail, Metro and bus networks, which are susceptible to attacks from militant groups, various aspects of financial terrorism, cyber crime, mega-city policing and VVIP security are also on agenda.

Sources in the home ministry said the PM would have an interactive session with a select group of DGPs/IGPs. This will provide an opportunity to the security agencies to brief Singh on some of the sensitive issues affecting the country.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

This is all the work of Prof. Lt.Col. Sri Sri Sri Sri Moriarty Blofeldaswamy
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

And the Psy-Ops has started full flow
'Hindu terrorism' debate grips India

By Zubair Ahmed
BBC News, Nasik, western India

A new and highly controversial phrase has entered the sometimes cliche-riddled Indian press: "Hindu terrorism".

As with the term "Islamic terrorism" and "Christian fundamentalism", this latest addition to the media lexicon is highly emotive.

It was in the aftermath of the 29 September bomb blast in the predominantly Muslim town of Malegaon in the western state of Maharashtra that the term "Hindu terrorism" or "saffron terrorism" came to be used widely.

That was because the state police's Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrested 10 Hindus following the blasts and has said that it wants to arrest several more.

Little-known

One of those detained was a female priest, Sadhwi Pragya Singh Thakur, aged 38, who has been accused by the ATS of being involved in the Malegaon blast. Her detention shocked members of the faith.

So too did the arrest of a serving Indian army officer, Lt-Col Prasad Srikant Purohit, who the ATS says is the prime accused in the case.

Police are investigating whether some of those arrested are members of a little-known Hindu outfit called Abhinav Bharat (Young India).

At least three of those held have some links with a prestigious college in the city of Nasik, the Bhonsala Military Academy.

ATS investigators have questioned two of the academy's former office bearers several times.

One of them was Col Raikar, who retired from the Indian army some months ago.

Both he and Col Purohit served in the same unit of the army and became friends.

The ATS claims the meeting in which the plan for the bomb blast was hatched was held in the Bhonsala school.

Another retired army officer, Maj Prabhakar Kulkarni, is also under arrest. He too was an office bearer at the school.

In addition, the ATS says that at least one of the 10 suspects received military training here.

Sadhwi Pragya Singh Thakur, Col Purohit, Maj Kulkarni and Col Raikar have denied any connection with terrorism, as has the Bhonsala Military Academy and its parent organisation, the Central Hindu Military Education Society (CHMES).

Founded in 1937, the sprawling Bhonsala campus is run by the CHMES, an organisation established in the 1930s by Dr BS Moonje, a former president of the militant Hindu Mahasabha (Hindu Assembly) organisation.

His vision was to militarise India to fight the British Raj.
Military-style trai
ning

As the name suggests, this is not an ordinary college.

Its aim, as its website claims, is to "encourage students to take up careers in the armed forces of the country".

Military training involves teaching students how to fire guns.

The students are prepared for the National Defence Academy, the central government's premier military college.

The branch of the academy in the city of Nasik has many impressive buildings.

One of them is used to impart military-style training to students, aged 10-16 years.

Its secretary, Divakar Kulkarni, laments the fact that his school is getting a bad press these days.

He says that besides military training, students are taught Hindu philosophy and scriptures.

Mr Kulkarni accepts it's primarily a school for Hindus, but he adds that there are two or three Muslim and Christian children in every class of 45 students.

'Tea and biscuits'

"Even Muslim students study the Bhagwat Gita and the Ramayana [Hindu scriptures]," he says proudly.

So how does he respond to the ATS allegation that the bomb plot was hatched at a meeting in the academy?

"Col Raikar let out a hall to Abhinav Bharat for a meeting for two hours, but we don't know what transpired in the meeting," Mr Kulkarni said.

The ATS believes Col Raikar was also present in the meeting. But according to Mr Kulkarni he went there just for a few minutes "to ask if they wanted tea and biscuits".

The ATS says that it has also found the aims and objectives of Abhinav Bharat downloaded on the computers of the two men.

Mr Kulkarni insisted that there was a perfectly innocent explanation for this: "They downloaded the outfit's aims and objectives without knowing much about its work," he said.

Meanwhile, most Hindu organisations believe India's Congress party-led government is playing politics by defaming Hindus.

They argue that the very term "Hindu terrorist" is not only a creation of the media but also a contradiction in terms - because the faith explicitly renounces violence.

"The government, with an eye on the general election next year, is trying to woo Muslims by maligning Hindus," says Datta Gaikward, chief of the right-wing Hindu Shiv Sena party in Nasik.

Hindu political parties are also staunchly defending Sadhwi Pragya Singh Thakur, the arrested female priest.

They have hired lawyers to represent her and at every legal hearing in Nasik supporters of right-wing parties gather outside the court and shout anti-government slogans.

All eyes will be now be on the court proceedings - whenever they start in earnest - to find out whether "Hindu terrorism" really has taken root or not.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

News from a questionable website.Chedk it out.

http://www.islamworld.in/ib-to-host-top ... t-fallout/

IB to host top-level security meet on Malegaon blast fallout
November 19th, 2008

The Intelligence Bureau has convened a top level two-day brainstorming session with security officials in New Delhi on Saturday and Sunday to discuss the fallout of the probe into the Malegaon blast of September 29, 2008. The meeting will also consider strategies for tackling the suspected infiltration of Hindu fundamentalists into the Army and police.

The meeting, to be attended by the directors general of police of all 28 states and 35 joint directors of IB from all over the country, will also discuss the home ministry’s bid to ban the Bajrang Dal for its alleged involvement in attacks on Christians in Orissa, Karnataka and other states, sources in the IB said.

They said the ongoing battle waged by Hindu fundamentalist outfits against Mumbai’s Anti Terror Squad over the arrest of Sadhvi Pragya Thakur will also figure in the deliberations.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will be interacting with the top security and intelligence officers from across the country twice, first over a lunch he is hosting for them on Saturday and again on Sunday when he will intervene in their discussions.

Home Minister Shivraj Patil will preside over the inaugural session. Those invited to join the deliberations include National Security Adviser M K Narayanan. Sources said the Military Intelligence has been urged to depute a senior officer for a briefing on how the defence forces intend to tackle infiltration in the light of the arrest of Lt Col Srikant Purohit in the course of investigations into the Malegaon blast.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Some more turns in the increasingly farcial drama(report on the same by another paper posted earlier):
Link
Plot to kill RSS leaders
Sangh leader on ATS radar

DH News Service, Mumbai:
In a dramatic twist to the ongoing investigations into the Malegaon blast, the Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad (ATS) on Friday contacted a senior RSS activist in Pune in connection with an alleged plot to kill the Sangh general secretary Mohan Bhagwat and its communications director Indraeesh.

The plot was allegedly hatched as the duo was believed to be “diluting the Hindutva ideology”.
RSS activist Shyam Hari Apte, whose name is allegedly mentioned in a probe report for having given Rs 10 lakh to the Malegaon blast accused Dayanand Pandey aka Swami Amritanand, promised to fully cooperation with the ATS in the matter, his son Shivram Apte said.

The Apte family, who live in a posh two-storey building in Pune, were deeply upset at a media report linking Shyam Hari’s name with the Malegaon blast accused. The RSS dismissed the report as an “attempt to divide the Hindus” who are standing unitedly behind the Malegaon blast accused. Apte is a 70-year-old RSS activist and is mostly bed-ridden as he suffers from a serious medical problem. The ATS based its preliminary findings on the data collected from Pandey’s laptop, which has been sent to the forensic laboratory at Kalina in Mumbai. :roll: :roll:

Bhagwat is a deputy to RSS chief K Sudarshan while Indraeesh looks after Rashtriya Muslim Manch, an RSS forum for Muslims with a “nationalistic outlook”. Meanwhile, another laptop belonging to key accused Lt Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit, being examined by the forensic lab, has shown that the Army officer apparently visited anti-Muslim websites frequently but nothing incriminating had emerged so far. The laptop was taken away by the Army authorities after the arrest of Purohit from Panchmari. It was returned to the ATS subsequently. ATS sources said the laptop had not yielded much on the 'Abhinav Bharat' group, whose three members, including its treasurer, are behind bars in the Malegaon case.

Meanwhile, a Pune court reverted Purohit’s custody to the Mumbai ATS. There was high drama in the court as Purohit alleged threat to his life from the Mumbai ATS . He even pleaded for an extension of his custody with the Pune ATS probing a case of cheating against him.

His lawyer Shrikant Shivde told the court that Purohit was tortured in custody by the Mumbai ATS. He said his client preferred putting down his grievances on paper to airing them in public. The allowed the plea. In his written submission, Purohit said he was subjected to “pressure and physical and mental torture” by the Mumbai ATS which tried to “extract confession forcibly” from him.

Narco test on Pandey

One of the accused in the Malegaon blast case, Dayanand Pandey, underwent a narco-analysis test at the Forensic Science Laboratory in Bangalore on Friday. The test lasted for about four hours. FSL is yet to decide on whether to subject Pandey to polygraph and brain mapping tests, sources said. Pandey was brought to the City by Mumbai ATS in the morning and taken straight to FSL.
All i can say is:
:roll: :roll:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The first action of next Shivsena-BJP govt in Maharastra should be to unceremoniously disband ATS and book criminal cases on all politically motivated senior officers.

Book criminal cases against all the pseudo-secular media gang for inciting communal tensions, causing unnecessary panic across the nation.

Change the MCOCA so this type of institutional decline is not repeated in future by any govt, BJP or non-BJP.