Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by Singha »

I wonder why all these police and security people use public cellphones.
for one thing the grid will collapse with overload in aftermath of an attack as everyone dials their family. secondly any netwk problem will prevent calls and its person-to-person calls.

the world over, swat police use secure wireless or tactical radios as a given. its usually in a pocket on left shoulder with a hands free mike
near the mouth. even the local pandu's in usa have it.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Re: Firing/Attack in Mumbai

Post by sunilUpa »

Muppalla wrote:
Shivani wrote: A metal detector does not and cannot stop an armed person. You shoot the guard and step inside the premises.

So much for metal detectors.
They shot everyone on the street to enter Taj. It is impossible to have keep gun trotting comandos always in luxury hotels. Who will come if they see sten gun weilding gaurds at the hotel. Indian security apparatus has reached catch-22 situation. Defensive posture time is over. There needs to be a fresh look and different approach to the concept of national security.
Taj had very heavy security till last week. Buffer zone, cars could not enter porche, armed guards etc etc. They just downgraded it last week.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IB was never in the league. Thats why RAW was spun form them but they contaminated that one too with police mentality. Intelligence is not police work- thats counter Intelligence or catching spies. All IB is good at is dossiers on politicians for the CM /PM to blackmail. And MKN is the best at that. That guy is the shame of Sardar Vallabhai Academy. Maybe he is before that.

Hey KV RAO after your Hyd premonition no more sleeping for you lest you dream further nightmares!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

CNN is quoting Mumbai police commisioner that all hostages at Taj have been freed.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Rudradev wrote:
SSridhar wrote:Apparently, the ATS Chief and the other two top officers were moving in a Bolero that was attacked and the officers killed and the Bolero hijacked with terrorists from inside shooting randomly and killing more people.
I can't imagine any way in which the ATS Chief's vehicle could have been identified, successfully targeted, its occupants killed, and then the vehicle hijacked.... without the direct, active complicity of some ATS officers. Without inside info, there's just no way such a thing could happen.
Rumors. ATS chief was killed at Taj trying to evict the Pigs.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Shadullah !! Sound buddhists to me.

I am not convinced if this is a evil hindoo conspiracy as a blowback to Malegaon investigation.

On a serious note, ATS has been discredited, guys cannot save themselves, what confidence will the public have.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Rajdeep Sardesai reporting that police are pleading the media to desist from reporting any live action around the hotels by way of SMS. Come on guys this is common sense....can the media be a little more responsible....
arnab
BRFite

Post by arnab »

Well - I'm glad that the political leaders are not talking to the media at the moment. Don't want any fool from the media (or 5th columnist) to ask them if the government would negotiate with the terrorists for the hostages.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Finally BBC uses the word terrorists.

Wonder what made them to do the switch.

Indian security forces have been exchanging fire with gunmen holding dozens of hostages in two luxury hotels in the Indian city of Mumbai (Bombay).

Troops surrounded the premises shortly after armed men carried out a series of co-ordinated attacks across the city, killing 101 people and injuring 287.

The hotels were among several locations in the main tourist and business district targeted late on Wednesday.

Police say four suspected terrorists have been killed and nine arrested.

The situation is still volatile in two of the most high-profile targets of Wednesday's attacks - the Taj Mahal Palace and Oberoi Trident hotels, where armed men are believed to be holding about 40 hostages.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Idiots on IndiaTV requesting the scums to surrender, telling that 100 commandos are in hotel and like Taj they will be killed.
The sad thing is that there might be 100s of hostages in the hotel.

The number of dead will rise once the hotels are searched. About 200 guests supposed to be still in Taj
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

I am very very dissappointed with NDTV, they showed positions of snipers...that too when Vishnu was anchoring the show..shame.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

My salute to the brave officers and policeman who were martyred fighting the terrorist , condolences to the family who lost their near and dear ones :cry:

Once again terror strikes Mumbai , and Mumbai is no secure and better then it was in 1993 :cry:

God Bless Bharat
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

anishns wrote:Rajdeep Sardesai reporting that police are pleading the media to desist from reporting any live action around the hotels by way of SMS. Come on guys this is common sense....can the media be a little more responsible....
What are you wishing for? Why would indian secular media care about police officers' lives?
I bet they would stop live coverage if one of the terrorists requested that.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Nayak wrote:Shadullah !! Sound buddhists to me.

I am not convinced if this is a evil hindoo conspiracy as a blowback to Malegaon investigation.

On a serious note, ATS has been discredited, guys cannot save themselves, what confidence will the public have.
Please do not eviscerate his bravery. He went in a true soldier and an unfortunate bullet caught him. He probably went in knowing he may not come back. He went down in the line of duty. Shame on you for asking "how come they cannot save themselves", with brave people like him we are surviving. Agreed that this whole situation is depressing and frustrating, but please do not - never trample down somebody's bravery.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:IB was never in the league. Thats why RAW was spun form them but they contaminated that one too with police mentality. Intelligence is not police work- thats counter Intelligence or catching spies. All IB is good at is dossiers on politicians for the CM /PM to blackmail. And MKN is the best at that. That guy is the shame of Sardar Vallabhai Academy. Maybe he is before that.

Hey KV RAO after your Hyd premonition no more sleeping for you lest you dream further nightmares!
I wish I could actually make something happen by dreaming it; I know what I would dream in that case.

On the lines of who has the motivation--Pakistan has been very upset at the 'insult' of the Aussie cricket team cancelling its tour to Pak but going ahead with the India tour, even though--per the Pakis--India is just as terrorist-affected as them. Sanctioning this type of hit at this time, just before another cricket tour, just fits with the Paki mentality.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

While I am all for "free press" and right for expression, the flipside is that we now have umpteen number of sensationalistic media channels mushrooming who will not stop at anything just to get more TRP ratings.

Wonder what can be done to control them
sunilUpa wrote:I am very very dissappointed with NDTV, they showed positions of snipers...that too when Vishnu was anchoring the show..shame.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

NDTV just interviewd Navy and Army commanders...Navy officers revealed that Two MARCOS have been wounded, one critically.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If Taj is freed then where is sad ullah holed up? The Oberoi/Trident?
Looks like the cama hospital was also cleaned up. That means the Trident/Oberoi and the Nariman House are left unless more orcs emerge.

Are you guys experiencing slow posts too?
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Dude I am putting on my 'common-abdul-on-the-street' skull cap and forming my own uneducated opinion on the street. I never questioned anyone's bravery, fwiw.
Last edited by Nayak on 27 Nov 2008 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

The pigLeT who called the TV had a Punjabi accent not a Pathan one. This is LeT 100%.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Request to all posters:

Do not ridicule the policemen. Not allowed here.
Hold your emotions in check
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

ramana wrote:If Taj is freed then where is sad ullah holed up? The Oberoi/Trident?
Looks like the cama hospital was also cleaned up. That means the Trident/Oberoi and the Nariman House are left unless more orcs emerge.

Oberoi...lot of confusion keep watching.

SSS-I can't get timesnow online...can you see it online now?

Army/Navy officers said Hostages are still at Taj...may be 40 odd hostages...dead bodies in Hotel, can't quantify time for all clear.
Last edited by sunilUpa on 27 Nov 2008 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Terror attacks: BJP says it's time to rise above politics

NEW DELHI: The BJP, which has been attacking the Congress over its handling of the internal security situation, on Thursday said it will refrain
from being critical of the government at this juncture in view of the Mumbai terror strikes which it termed as a "national crisis".

BJP chief Rajnath Singh spoke to party Prime Ministerial candidate L K Advani this morning over phone from Jaipur and decided "not go critical" of the government on the issue "in this time of crisis", the party said.

The party also asked the people to rise above political affiliations and stand by the security forces in their fight against terror.

"It is a time of national crisis. The country has been challenged. It is time for us to rise above politics. There is no government side or opposition side. Our top leadership has decided to stand by all steps to defeat the forces who challenge our sovereignty," BJP Vice President Mukthar Abbas Naqvi said.
Aryavarta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Aryavarta »

Leopold/ Bade Miyan's is 10 minutes drive from Gateway/Taj. Across the street from Regal theater is Cafe Monde Garr, while Leopold is right behind Cafe Monde Garr. On a side street, a little on the inside is Bade Miyan's, a popular roadside eatery place. While we Indians would regularly visit Cafe Monde Garr, the phirangs would usually go to Leopolds.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

I doubt Manmohan can get away with his usual platitudes this time on. The perpetrators may be he favorite ones, but the victims are not the usual ones either. They can get away and make stories when Hindu blood is spilled, only. Apparently foreigners were targeted. Manmohan and all the seculars have to appear sympathetic and tough, but to an entirely different audience.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

KV Rao wrote: On the lines of who has the motivation--Pakistan has been very upset at the 'insult' of the Aussie cricket team cancelling its tour to Pak but going ahead with the India tour, even though--per the Pakis--India is just as terrorist-affected as them. Sanctioning this type of hit at this time, just before another cricket tour, just fits with the Paki mentality.
I have been thinking on the same lines.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

milindc wrote:IndiaTV
do you or anyone else have a link to watch that channel online?
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Who will head the investigation ?

Ops have been carried out by ATS/NSG/MARCOS/ARMY/Police.

Consolidating the data and painting the big picture with the gathered intelligence will be quite a task.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Chabad fears for safety of its Mumbai rabbi and his wife
Earlier, Joshua Runyan, the news editor of the Chabad.org/news website told the Post that contact with the organization's director in the city, Gavriel Holtzberg and his wife Rivka, has been lost.
A young couple with a baby that have given up everything to help out Jews they never meet before. I pray that they are safe.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Taj, Oberoi/Trident, Chabra House and Nariman House are remaining. I pray for the commandos and the police.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the TOI print edition today has 25% of its front page devoted to this incident.

followed right below by a big article that more armymen are being investigated by the ATS for the world famous malegaon case.

equal-equal 50:50 onlee.

must have been direct orders from their political handlers to frontpage
this minor news (not even serious investigations just a 'theory' from
a unnamed 'source' in ATS) to get the desired 'balance'
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

OH No,

If these guys came by sea did the Navy/ coastguard make it a rule that no ship/vessel/Agosta 90B submarine can leave India's exclusive economic zone without being searched. DId we start such a search last night or has the mother craft gotten away last night??
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Rohit_K wrote:
milindc wrote:IndiaTV
do you or anyone else have a link to watch that channel online?
click here
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

CNN reportedly had some British Lawyer on phone talking to their Anchor...claiming that he has been holed inside his room for over 14 hours. Shouldn't all phones, cell phones, electricity be blacked out in the hotel when you are undertaking an operation of such intensity????

Hell you see that even in Hollywood movies!
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

ramana wrote:IB was never in the league. Thats why RAW was spun form them but they contaminated that one too with police mentality. Intelligence is not police work- thats counter Intelligence or catching spies. All IB is good at is dossiers on politicians for the CM /PM to blackmail. And MKN is the best at that. That guy is the shame of Sardar Vallabhai Academy. Maybe he is before that.

Iam amazed (almost every single day) at the mountain of information that is in your head ramana-ji ... hats off.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

ramana wrote:If Taj is freed then where is sad ullah holed up? The Oberoi/Trident?

Sadullah scum is in Oberoi/Trident.

Taj is not freed yet, more scums holding hostages on 6-7 floors.

The other places are Nariman house and Carbala (something similar) house.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Deccan Mujahids email traced to Russia. IB arrests LeT piglet. Interesting to see LeTs killing phirangis and their response.

Among the 101 dead there are 6 phirangis.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So LKA got the IB briefing. That means the GOI knew quite a few hours ago the magnitude of the problem and summoned all resources.

I saw a few pics of the BPJs on Indian police. Are they for real or jsut padded vests. The reason why I am asking is that the ATS chief took three bullets even after wearing one. Maybe they are not for combat rounds but for shotgun and hand gun rounds. Were the pigs firing military grade ammo?
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

anishns.
Hell you see that even in Hollywood movies!
Stop sensationalizing everything. We Indians are idiots and we don't know how to manage a terrorist attack. We will certainly learn from Hollywood movies next time.
Better yet, we will call you from a pay phone (after blocking all the cell phones).

May be they are allowing cell phones to listen in on the conversation between the terrorists and the handlers. If my foolish brain can come up with one such possibility, may be there are several others that we haven't thought about.
Last edited by rgsrini on 27 Nov 2008 10:20, edited 1 time in total.