Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Nayak
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by Nayak »

The testostrone level is reaching the danger mark. Couple of more posts will bring the evil admins swinging their ban-hammers.

Thanks Mups and Milind. Somebody must have guided them to the target list. Elaborate planning indeed. Hey where is N^3-guru with his analysis ?
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Times Now confirming US intel officials killed in Taj attack.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

amol.p wrote:Dear All,

AL THE TERRORISTS ARE LOCAL GUYS:

1] No person coming from pakistan or karachi will know excat locations of hotels and station
2] As per the attack carried out the drove on mumbai roads and went till vile parle, borivali...how come they know mumbai roads.
3] i have styed in mumbai for 2 yrs and I too dnot know how to drive to these different locations
4] When they got down from bozts at coloba they spoke in hindi with fishermen
5] These guys told that they have come from kerala
6] HOW COME THESE GUYS DONT HAVE BEARDS IF THEY COME FROM PAKISTAN

THESE ALL ARE INDIA MUSLIMS FROM MUMBAI AND SURROUNDINGS
1] They would have been guided by the local pigs.
2] Local pigs acting as guide
3] You are not adventorous
4] Hindi/Urdu
5] How do you know that ?
6] How come the 911 attackers did not have beards ?

Anymore pears of wisdoms to the un-educated here ?
Last edited by Nayak on 27 Nov 2008 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

gauravjkale wrote:3 am (IST) home minister said the NSG should have reached mumbai. what took them so long to reach Taj or trident????
traffic in mumbai is not that bad.
They were accompanying him. No kidding, please go thru the past psots and somewhere it says he was going to be in Mumbai with them. And he needed to get his lipstick of the right shade.

amol.p, maybe you didnt have the right training. these are fedayeen killers trained in TSP camps. And probably Razakar pathan progeny from the sad ullah's rantings.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I have never seen so many members on BR simultaneously. Unprecedented response to an unprecedented situation.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article ... id=1709418

Terror attack planned by Lashkar

New Delhi: Ten people reportedly sneaked into Mumbai via the sea route from Karachi and carried out a pre-planned and well-orchestrated strike in India under the aegis of the dreaded Lashkar-e-Taiba militant outfit.

A report on Times Now quoted intelligence agencies as saying that the timing of the terror attack coincided with efforts at peace talks between the newly elected regime in Pakistan and the authorities in India.

The militants reportedly used speed-boats to get from the coast of Karachi to Mumbai and then spread out into the southern part of the city and spread mayhem around the central business district by storming two major hotels and opening indiscriminate fire at several places.

The report quoted the intelligence agencies as saying that this information came from one of the captured terrorists after last night's heist in India's financial capital that saw more than 87 people lose their lives and 200 being injured with a few hostage dramas continuing for nearly 12 hours.

The report also said that there was no group called the Deccan Mujahideen and the e-mail has been traced back to a fictitious IP address in Russia. It said that the hawkish elements in Pakistan stage-managed this terror attacks to coincide with the visit of Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, who was to visit Chandigarh today in the company of his Indian counterpart Pranab Mukherjee, a trip that has since been cancelled
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

About this finding a fishing trawler business, India is indeed the largest peninsula but i beg to differ on not being able to find one between mumbai and karachi !!! We have surveillance aircraft, drones and EW systems in the region ESPECIALLY mumbai for Gods sake .. to find yes needles in the haystack ! If thats the situation in mumbai just imagine the rest of Indian coast ! What the heck are the security forces doing ? Are there any rogue elements in the navy as well ? I guess the weapons for the terrorists are now coming in shipping containers !
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

amol.p wrote:Dear All,

1] No person coming from pakistan or karachi will know excat locations of hotels and station
2] As per the attack carried out the drove on mumbai roads and went till vile parle, borivali...how come they know mumbai roads.
3] i have styed in mumbai for 2 yrs and I too dnot know how to drive to these different locations

Are you serious? Just think a bit before typing. Do Indian muslims don't have beards?
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

One MARCOS has been killed in action according to CNN IBN
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Maharashtra GOC Maj. Gen. Hooda saying every ddead body will have to be checked for booby traps. Media pressing him for a time frame. He is saying one cannot be given.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Ramana,
Thanks. Then I don't understand what he meant by "militants, as I would like to call them". May be he finished that statement in a way he actually didn't mean to. If that is the case, then we need to train the Jingo analysts to communicate their thoughts clearly without such accidents.

CNN Watch: Taj Guest from London, being interviewed now and she has high praise for the hotel staff (like several other guests before her).
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Each group must have had atleast one local guide. LeT supported by Dawood's local henchmen.

The guy was speaking Urdu - not even Hyderabadi Urdu. Many Indian Urdu speakers use Hindi words like Anaath for orphan but the guy was using "Yateem." That and words like "Qatl-e-aam" are not Indian Urdu types.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Muppalla wrote:I have never seen so many members on BR simultaneously. Unprecedented response to an unprecedented situation.
Yeah and the large number of unregisterd guests ~ 175> Its a wonder the server is not crashing. Thanks to Jagan and co.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

ramana wrote:Matthew, A paraphrase of the Malayalam link please.
Eye-witnesses reported that the ones behind the attack were youth resembling South Asian features behind the attacks who apparently spoke in Hindi and Urdu.
Meanwhile, intelligence agencies reported that the heavily armed terrorist group came via the sea route from Karachi. They are heavily armed carrying machine guns, AK 47s and grenades among other weapons.
Initial reports suggest roughly 30 terrorists are involved in this act. In the meantime, an explosive laden boat was also captured from the Gateway of India.]
Tried my level best there, Ramana.

In other news, glad to see some of the Nariman house occupants escaped. G-d indeed was with them. I hope it was the Rabbi and his family.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Of what use are these antique .303s in the hands of very poorly trained policemen against automatic rifles!
These policemen are next to useless in such situation.
NYTimes say RAF was also pressed into service. Are they equipped for such situations of is it just for crowd control?
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

My deep condolences to the families of the deceased in this brutal assault by terrorists.

Was supposed to be in Mumbai yesterday and to stay near that place. Thank God. Trip was cancelled.

Some observations: Was watching TV and saw the ATS Chief Hemant Kharkare wear a kevlar bullet proof vest, helmet and take a pistol and lead his men, so did Vijay Saluskar and Ajay Kempte. It was reported that Kharkare died of three bullet wounds in his chest. Does this mean the round used was the boosted anti police personnel, boosted ones that can go through kevlar! or was the bullet proof not good enough. In Delhi the Inspector Sharma went in without bullet proof vest.

Fail to understand why couldn't the NSG commando reach earlier, they have come this morning a full ten hours later. Should they have not learnt from Akshardham and have their own transport or get something from IAF and fly down as soon as possible. Who delayed them? Besides it may make sense to have three center approach for NSG. Delhi Base for North, Hyderabad or Nagpur for Central West and South and Kolkata for East. At least the response time will be faster.

Army commandos, Navy Marcos, State Armed Special Commandos and now NSG, not sure if they have experience in having an unified working structure, they seem to be working togehter seamlessly though

No visibility of the PM. Should have gone on air and declared to the nation that this is a war. It is important the top man come on air and assert. It is important for India. Only HM came and shared his usual platitudes.

Some comments on IB here. We never learn. The last time, during the Jaipur blasts, I had commented that over 40,000 posts of IB are vacant (as per Raman's article). There has not been any effort to improve the situation. It takes years of patient work to create networks, counter intelligence capabilities, informers etc. We have not done this. Agencies like IB are reduced to public survey organisation for the party in power. What can you expect then?

Some reports indicate that the boat is from karachi. In that case we need to see how are we patrolling the sea frontiers?

So many questions, very little answers. What I believe is the need of the hour is blood, so those who are in Mumbai, please donate. There is a curfew on, so please take care while going out.

Oh, when this situation is brought under control, if we as a nation wake up and send a couple of brahmos to karachi harbour and take out some visiting crude tankers from Saudi as minimum credible retaliation, then we will have to bear such attacks again and again.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

One of my relative, she is a senior manager in Taj Mumbai. I am hoping to get in touch with her and find out what is happening on the ground level.

I hope she is safe and sound. She just lost her kid last month to a road accident.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vivek_ahuja wrote:
disha wrote:Guys, India is the *largest* peninsula in the world. That means crores of km of coast line and crores of sq. km. of EZ. Finding even a big ship is like finding needle under several tons of hay stack.
According to this logic, then, we have two choices, don't we:

a) Disband the Coastguard
b) Expand the Coastguard

Statements like "Finding even a big ship is like finding needle" is something this country cannot afford.

Otherwise what is the use of these service, patrolling for the sake of patrolling and hoping they catch something by chance?!!
Vivek saar I understand your frustration? What do you suggest, find each and every trawler and board it for searching? Of course Option (b) should be always followed, but that will not always help. Just look at the Haitian emigre's in Florida.

Country cannot afford lots of things and can afford lots of things ... it is upto the people and their elected "leaders" and the bureacracy to decided what is important.

Search and desist operations do require pinpoint intel. Like how big is the trawler for instance.... and its general bearing and the time of contact ... Even with all the surveillance aircraft, drones and EW systems [which the coast guard does not have and which Navy has ...] it is a difficult job. It is *not* impossible, but difficult.

Please do not lose sight of the fact that the police was quick, marcos were quick and the situation is back under control. This is *not* Die Hard movie, this is a real thing ...
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Rangudu wrote:Each group must have had atleast one local guide. LeT supported by Dawood's local henchmen.

The guy was speaking Urdu - not even Hyderabadi Urdu. Many Indian Urdu speakers use Hindi words like Anaath for orphan but the guy was using "Yateem." That and words like "Qatl-e-aam" are not Indian Urdu types.
They are very much used in Punjab. I've heard them often. Certainly applied to partition time massacres (Qatl-e-aam).
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

amol.p wrote

Point by point rebutal
1] No person coming from pakistan or karachi will know excat locations of hotels and station.

Just one or 2 local guides could have helped them. Besides they could have stayed 6 months in Mumbai on a recce mission familirizing with the routes only. Unlike any of us they had no other job other than to do this

There is not too much difference between Hindi and Urdu

Do you expect these guys to speak the truth?

Many terrorists in J&K, Pak ARMY, SSG don't have long beards and are clean shaven
gauravjkale
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gauravjkale »

Its been reported that the commandos from navy, any news whether they were MARCOS or some other team..
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

pradeepe wrote:
Singha wrote:the TOI print edition today has 25% of its front page devoted to this incident.

followed right below by a big article that more armymen are being investigated by the ATS for the world famous malegaon case.

equal-equal 50:50 onlee.

must have been direct orders from their political handlers to frontpage
this minor news (not even serious investigations just a 'theory' from
a unnamed 'source' in ATS) to get the desired 'balance'
Exactly the same spread in DC. Top half page Mumbai terror, bottom half malegaon case. Equal equal complete.
Guys stiop ranting about the lack of coverage in the print media. By the time the situation escalated so badly (Karakare, Salaskar died) it had already gone into print. no point in being trigger happy on the media. you should wait till tomorrow and then give your expert comments.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

My goodness..Burkha is just going on and on how authorities asked them not to show commandos...but she keeps saying that all commandos are in position to storm! When will these guys grow a brain? Vishnu will have to answer for this, next time he posts here.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Rangudu wrote:Each group must have had atleast one local guide. LeT supported by Dawood's local henchmen.

He was messing up sri-ling/pu-ling which is typical of Pathans.....

Intel think that he might not be holed up in Oberoi and would have called from outside watching the live coverage
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

If the LeT pigs & their Indan cohorts did take a boat from Karachi, how were they able to eneter Indians waters undetected? Is it that easy?
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

Uday Bhaskar's comments on CNN have been objective and balanced and on the spot if I may add.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

RR Patil just arrived...talks are still on with terrorists!
Last edited by sunilUpa on 27 Nov 2008 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

viv wrote:They are very much used in Punjab. I've heard them often. Certainly applied to partition time massacres (Qatl-e-aam).
Exactly. This is more a Pakjabi term used for partition type violence and used by pigLeT chief Hafiz Saeed.
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Aditya_V wrote:
amol.p wrote

Wouldn't be suprised if there is some sort of Kerala link. Afterall there were Malabari muslims caught fighting in the Pakistan side of the LoC recently. And it is a known fact that there is a very strong ISI presence in Kollam (Quilon) and Kozhikode (Calicut).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rangudu, What yateem was he talking about? Any one heard the guy fully for it will give clue.

I dont think there is any grievance. They just got high on drugs(look athe blood shot eyes of that turd) and were sent to attack India, knowing that there wont be any consequences. The US will ask for info now that one of their own is killed. I would pump those rascals for all the info and then give the US 24 hrs to tell the TSP to produce the perpetratos or kaboom goes TSP. No argues.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raja Ram ji, I don't think the said BPJ's give protection against high velocity guns like AK.
few do and they are damn heavy. few, if any police forces use such BPJ's, may be LAPD etc SWAT but none others.
check pic posted by jagan.

gaurav, they were MARCOS, two injured. vivek ahuja has latest report in which one has passed away.

btw, burkha dutt and other NDTV news-casters are jumping up and down about paki foreign minister's offer to set up a directorial level hotline between India and pakistan's Intel agencies.

that's ISI if you didn't catch it !!
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Nayak wrote:One of my relative, she is a senior manager in Taj Mumbai. I am hoping to get in touch with her and find out what is happening on the ground level.

I hope she is safe and sound. She just lost her kid last month to a road accident.
Sorry to hear that Nayak. Hope she is safe.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

I can understand the frustration of the security forces with regard to the media. Just heard the anchor on CNN-IBN asking their reporters about the scale and numbers of soldiers on the ground and entering the building etc. Now what the hell does that matter to these news people? Those terrorists must be laughing their ass off inside!!!
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

anishns wrote:...
BijuShet, if I remember you're also from Mumbai. Dude I feel the pain in your words personally.
This is indeed a very sad day!
Anishji I am a born brought up mumbaikar and am travelling there in the next few weeks. Seeing all the carnage makes my blood boil but I remind myself that I am a eunuch. I can spout a few words on a forum but do not have the capability to clean the shit back home. I just hope these acts of vastra haran are committed to memory by every Indian Pandava. When the war conch at the Kurukshetra is sounded, all the shikandi amongst us hopefully will rise with our Gandeeva and avenge this outrage with ShriKrishnaji guiding us in our path. Mahabharat happened not due to a single incident but a series of misdeeds by the Kuru sons and in the end Bhisma Pitmaah and Guru Dronacharya also lay dead along with the Kuru sons. During our Mahabharata moment there will be lots of innocent blood too. I just hope the anger is channeled into controlled rage and not a mad lash out.
akumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by akumar »

Praise the lord !!

The one and only Burkha Dutt has taken up position outside Trident clad in her favourite green Pierre Cardin flak jacket. One is amazed to hear the subtle spin she is introducing. Pathetic. She interview the Candia consul who heisted a little before calling the pigs “perpetrator:. Burka ofcource is calling them perpetrators

CNN-IBN is now complaining the locals are hampering their coverage. At least the aam janta has more common sense in preventing live coverage that is helping the terrorist.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

^^yes on the Paki Urdu.

Btw, Rediff says US Intel officers among killed. Overall reports say 6 videshis killed. How come they happen to be Intel officers??
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

vishal wrote:Times Now confirming US intel officials killed in Taj attack.
If this is true, and US media latches on to this, its a red line TSP has crossed. US will surely act.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Narendra Modi on TV.
We should do whatever US did after 9/11 so that we don't have any attacks.
No hesitation on implementation of the deduced recommendations.

US issued travel advisory.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Also hearing again that one "Naval Commando" (MARCOS) has been killed in action...
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Nayak wrote:
rgsrini wrote: CNN is also talking about the security arrangement and response. They are talking about poor preparation to deal with such situations, lapse in security arrangement, not enough assistance to the injured after they come out of the hotel, confusion in obtaining information etc.
Totally agree on this, in the morning at home I saw rediff posting images of injured being carried to hospitals on push-carts.

Emergency response totally sucks.
Just like the emergency response @NY on 11-9-2001. Guys please - this is not a movie. Nothing goes according to script. And there can be only so much of a planning that can happen. We are learning. However crude it is, it is definitely learning on the job ... And that is the hand that has been dealt.