Terror Attacks in Mumbai

milindc
BRFite

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by milindc »

Nayak wrote:30-50 pigs is the figure being thrown around. What happened to the rest ?
I think there can only be 12-16 scums based on the two raft boats recovered.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Will the ATS use it's famed 'narco' analysis on the scum ? Oh wait, they used it up on Sadhvi and LTCol. Purushottam.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

milindc wrote: I think there can only be 12-16 scums based on the two raft boats recovered.
The desi rats who acted as guide and porters ?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

ajay pratap wrote:all these talk of 20 to 30 terrorist unaccounted for
gives me foreboding for another attack tonight at the flank.
You are forgetting all the RDX lying around in each street to go with them and guns are not to be carried by normal public in India so they cannot even defend themselves.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

milindc wrote:
Nayak wrote:30-50 pigs is the figure being thrown around. What happened to the rest ?
I think there can only be 12-16 scums based on the two raft boats recovered.
That does not mean, there were only 2.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

some rafts could have moved back to the trawler and sunk in deep water on the escape route and the two on land could have made multiple trips back and forth.
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

Nayak wrote:
A Arun wrote:Barkha Dutt: "3 army jawans have taken a hit, this shows the terrorists are loaded with weapons"
No $hit sherlock !! This traitorette must have her head shaved, face blackened and should be given a procession on a donkey....
I am willing forgive one terrorist, if his bullet strays and hits her.

Bitch was literally disturbing the forces, she was being time & again reminded that she
should not come too close, and yet is kept doing that.

I think time has come to look into who all has made investments in media companies.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Whatever they do, they better not let the terrorists drag the situation out through negotiations and other sh&t. That will be letting them take control of the situation. No doubt what enemies of India want and that includes CNN and other propaganda mouthpieces of foreign powers.

End it now matter what the cost.
Last edited by Neshant on 27 Nov 2008 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Singha wrote:The Rajmata is also mysteriously silent today. may be her day of prayer
and silence as the original gandhiji used to have.
http://www.sakaaltimes.com/2008/11/2713 ... e-cha.html

NEW DELHI: Dubbing the terrorists as enemies of the country, Congress president Sonia Gandhi today said terror attacks in Mumbai posed a challenge to the entire nation and would be met resolutely.

Condemning the terror strikes, she said that the attacks were not only a security issue but also a challenge to the nation's pride. The country would unitedly defeat the challenge, Gandhi said.

The reprehensible act has underscored the enormity of the threat posed by forces of violence and terror, she said, adding "we shall not allow such incidents to deter our firm resolve to combat terror in all its manifestations."
India's one billion people have the strength and courage to defend themselves against the assault on its unity and secular fabric, she added.

How do we say **** yourself in Eyetalian ?

Vaffanculo Sonia Maino.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Ah! Darshanji, you give me more shakes.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

darshan.. the compulsion of electoral, coiliation politics will ensure that decisive action against terrorists is never going to be taken irrespective of who is at the helm of govt... though this will benefit the bjp in the upcoming election ..today in the office everybody was cursing the UPA but i dont know how many of them will go and vote on a holiday ...
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Pigs started fire to upper floors after taking hostages. Is that some sort of signal to someone ? Attack from air or something. It is very unusual that GOI is silent.May be they know more (for once) and are trying to prevent something. Air traffic over Mumbai is open isn't.
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

One of the channel was reporting one raft in colaba recoved laden with explosives.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

From another forum
Terrorists were in touch with Karachi via satphones

Now media and police are back in planting stories to divert attention.
Yes they came in rubber dinghies, floated all the way from Karachi to Mumbai. The dolphins guided them.

And landed so accurately at Taj shore. Even DECCAN MUJAHIDEEN is not enough to tell them this is work of IM.
ChandraS

Post by ChandraS »

Now we have the start of the blame game between central and state agencies & govts.

Just in from Times Now - Central agencies gave an alert regarding the pigs coming into Mumbai from the sea route 6 months ago. Subsequently, 2 months later, a suspicious barge was found off the Sriwardhan coast with nothing on it. The CG and Customs searched it and concluded it was prolly a false alarm. Thus it is the state's failure to follow up with securing the city.

Also someone needs to tell the reporter trying not to compromise the operational details - Saying you cannot reveal the details but there will be a change of tactics and a big push, maybe even a simultaneous storming of the place does not hide much. Where should we bang our heads with such stalwarts....
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Nayak wrote:
milindc wrote: I think there can only be 12-16 scums based on the two raft boats recovered.
The desi rats who acted as guide and porters ?
Based on the CD and other material recovered, I think it is Covert SSG op.
Specific Israel targets, what were they working on? The 'Nariman House' houses Jewish sect but reports have come that there are Israeli hostages in Trident.
Why Trident? There are better 5* hotels around.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Omkar dude on NDTV is great, says his wife misses Indira today. He wants someone like Indira and have a ruthless government. We know where the terror comes from ? Pakistan and Bangladesh... we need to deal with these guys. now
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Today,all Indians are Mumbaikars/Bombayites.The nation as has been said many a time before is at war with evil.No words are adequate to describe the horror at this diabolic outrage.

As it happened,and seems so often in my short lifetime,I have sometimes escaped such events by a hairs breadth.Riots,bombings,assassinations seem to dog my steps.I once drove past a car bomb and other hidden bombs several times without knowing of their existence,minutes before they went off.This time just 24 hrs. ago I had business meetings at the Taj,for a couple of days,also in the company of a very senior Taj executive who I sincerely hope is safe (I've just been told by his brother a general,fighting terror at the moment,that he is safe) and would be right now in the thick of events given his key designation.Even his car in which we used a few times,with him inside was searched thoroughly,one passed through metal detectors,there was a posse of security personnel inside who immediately took care of one's baggage,etc.The security at the hotels were designed to look for car bombs and concealed explosives/weapons,which have been so far the preferred method of terror.That several well armed terrorists would storm these hotels and other targets lobbing grenades and firing at will would not have been conceived,as such an operation is virtually an act of war and would require enormous planning,local and outside support.
Strangely enough these very thoughts,about the vulnerability from the sea of the naval base by suicide boats and the ease with which terrorists could gain access to Colaba was in my mind, as I was aboard a boat near the Gateway the same day.My thoughts and silent prayer was for the Viraat at the quayside and the attack on the Cole was very much in mind.

From the numerous TV/media reports so far,there appears to have been a very carefully planned opertaion judging from the fact that an Israeli residence close to the Taj was attacked and residents taken hostage,plus the presence of so many VIPs at the Taj including two US top intel. officers.The Taj has been a symbol of "India can do it" from the vision of Jamshedji Tata and the Oberoi an iconic hotel of modern India.Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the staff of these two hotels,their management and the many guests to whom these two icons of Bombay/Mumbai were a second home.The aim to kill and take hostage as many foreigners shows the utter ruthlessness of the group and its masterrminds,who have no regard for the innnocent ,including bystanders as was shot by the TOI cameramen.

As to the identity of the perpetrators,this "commando" style attack bears similarities with those planned by another former "commando" now in disgrace.His henchmen who helped plan and carry out his diabolic orders are still very much around.Islamist terror with their rapidly taking over of Pakistan,both mentally and physically has repeatedly attacked the nation with an inept administartion and leadership who have ignored attack after attack,hoping that it would somehow go away like a bad dream.The need of the hour as LKA has just said is unity of the country,a calm demeanour.Let India show the world that it can take the worst acts of terror standing up and then it will hit back at the land and individuals responsible for this terror and destroy them.We have been identified as partners of the West and Israel thanks to our foreign policy of recent years.The time has now come for these countries whose people have also fallen victims on Indian soil to assist India as friends should do.A concerted joint attempt to defang the masterminds and footsoldiers of terror in Pak should be done by a coalition of free,democratic nations before further outrages are perpetrated in India and around the globe."Terror International's HQ" has to be taken out.Nothing less will suffice.The UNSC should be called for passing such actyion.At that time we will see the true face of China if it vetos such counterforce and know for sure who the master puppeteer is.

The call from all sections of the nation to the current GOI to legislate and enforce new terror laws,setting up a Homeland security apparatus,banning of terrorist sympathiser groups,arresting their key leaders and delivering swift justice to those caught for terrorism should've been in place a few years ago.It has to be done immediately.I posted just yesterday in the internal security thread Vikram Sood's excellent analysis of terrorism and internal security affecting India.It must be read again and acted upon.

The entire country is with Mumbaikars.We will never surrender to terror and will win because we are on the side of the righteous and the war that we must wage against such terror is a just war against evil,diabolic and ungodly forces,a war if need be that we will wage alone,but will inevitably win.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Now how do I know that central govt is not lying?
I have said this before and I would say it again, if there is god damn intel report, publish it in the god damn TOILET so I know to defend myself. What is this BS about warning state govts?
People in GoI thinks everybody is as stupid and idiot as they are.
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

manjgu wrote:"this is a fake encounter.. security forces are shooting at each other and killing people...." Amar Singh
Don't tell me that this is true?
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

CNN host fishing for tidbits..from Mallika Kapur (Mumbai)
CNN Host paraphrased : "There complicated politics within India and across that region. Many fingers pointing as to the culprits.. what is the sense as to hallmark of any particular group...."

Mallika sticks to her story.. Deccam Mujahiddin is the name that came up and is a new term. People are looking at whereabouts. It is a new term and people don't know much about it..
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

The intelligence sources said information is coming out quite rapidly because some six terrorists, who are in the custody of the Mumbai police, are under interrogation right now. He said the entire operation was led by Pakistani operators of the LeT but he doesn't rule out the involvement of some local youngsters in it.
Tapasvi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tapasvi »

green algae spreading

-Malabar Coast - khilafat movement resurfacing in 21st century
-Assam total demography and politics change.
-Delhi bangladeshis count upto 4-8lakhs
-Mumbai-full of moles

-Villages of villages of dalits in Tamil Nadu and Kerela converting from hinduism to islam/christianity.
-no respite from caste system in hindus

what to do?

anyone has answer?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.youtube.com/v/IzNlMBKlP9Q

Video: Mumbai attackers leave India reeling - 27 Nov 08 AlJazeeraEnglish
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Counter strike on terrorists camps in POK is the best option we have got.
They kill our 100 people, kill their 1000.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

A high alert has been sounded in UP, heck the states surrounding UP should be sounding high alert. That place is infested by our ROP followers, why will they attack their own ?

BTW, how is the security in Bangalore ? Are the cops busy collecting hafta or doing their actual work vigilantly ?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

This must be the fastest growing thread in BR history... :(
I haven't read through the previous pages...but have some important questions:

At 1:20 AM Shivraj Patil said on TV that NSG would have left at 1:15 AM for bombay...
(is this not operation info that should not be revealed?)

At 4:30 AM on TV, it was reported that NSG arrived at around 4AM with Shivraj Patil!
And we know that NSG teams arrived on scene only after daylight broke.
So what took them so long to reach Bombay? & how did Shivraj Patil join them if he was giving press interviews that NSG had already left by 1:15?

I hope the media is wrong..I hope that NSG was not delayed to accommodate Shivraj Patil.

Why can they not position NSG in strategic locations around the country instead of holing them up in Manesar, they reached late for the Aksherdham attack too since they were stuck in Gurgaons rush hour traffic...
Why can't they have helicopters to transfer them to the airports & why cant they be dropped directly at the scene of action instead of ferrying them in the buses from BBY airport to Taj hotel.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

IBN is saying 101 Killed, 287 injured. Are these figures correct?

45 Hostages are still trapped, 6 Pigs are still at large.

60 dead bodies found on the second floor. When the floor by floor operation is finally done, it will be a massacre.

Added Later: PM Manmohan Singh has cancelled his trip to Mumbai due to security concerns, on advice of Intel. Agencies.

Colleges/Schools/Offices/Stock Market - all closed on Friday. Work will resume on Monday.

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/video_streaming.php
Last edited by Manu on 27 Nov 2008 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

First thing, His Excellency 'ball less wonder' Sonia's chauffeur, lipstick HM can announce to increase morale is Afzal Guru's hanging tomorrow.

On NDTV,
Some Greek Billionaire is shot dead. Chairman of Indian Hotels and his wife are missing.
Raigad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raigad »

now will the idiots in parliament will say that this is Islamic terrorism.....@#@##
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

milindc wrote:First thing, His Excellency 'ball less wonder' Sonia's chauffeur, lipstick HM can announce to increase morale is Afzal Guru's hanging tomorrow.

On NDTV,
Some Greek Billionaire is shot dead. Chairman of Indian Hotels and his wife are missing.
owner of Liveras Yatching
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Why are people here calling them pigs?
Pigs feed people and actually contribute something to the society.
I think they should be called what they are.
Raigad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raigad »

darshan wrote:Why are people here calling them pigs?
Pigs feed people and actually contribute something to the society.
I think they should be called what they are.

I agree...we should not insult pigs....
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

As a close friend said,Mrs.Gandhi (not Sonia) would've declared an emergency/martial law rule across key terror affected states,banned separatist movements and parties,arrested terror sympathisers and eliminated the masterminds abroad.She took the most courageous decision to storm the Golden Temple with "Op Bluestar" and was willing to pay the ultimate price for it in the interests of the nation.We need today to follow Israel's example and deliver retribution to the enemies of India asap.But the "Mrs.Gandhi" of today is not even a faint shadow of her illustrious mother-in-law and her flunkeys are as effective at combating terror as a worm in the grass.Look at our gallant HM's statements last night."It seems,I am told,that some persons have gone inside some building and climbed the roof,from where they are throwing some explosives".Past time for our gallant HM to instead throw himself off his sartorial perch preferably from either the Taj tower or the Oberoi Tower!

PS:That two top US intel. officers have been killed and that a large EU delegation along with France's top nuclear export (rescued) indicates that perhaps the masterminds had access to the hotel's programme and huge inside info about the two establishments.This indicates to me that "D Company" must be involved in providing local info along with transporting the terrorists and their weapons and ammo in similar fashion as was done with the past serial blasts a few years ago.One vital fact during the seige of the Taj is that firefighters and their tankers couldn't get close to the hotel to fight the blaze because everytime they did they were attacked by the terrorists who seemed to know their every move even though all cell phones were jammed and that the TV cable in the hotel rooms were supposedly switched off.The TV channel said that local police speculated that they were being tipped of by their agents in the crowds of movements of the security forces.

One's heart goes out to the families of the gallant policemen and security forces killed and wounded in the tragdy.A question must also be asked about the ATS chief who reportedly took three bullets in the chest despite being seen on TV putting on and wearing his armoured jacket and helmet.Did the terrorists use specially tipped bullets that could penetrate the body armour worn by Indian ATS squads,or were they defective?
Last edited by Philip on 27 Nov 2008 13:49, edited 3 times in total.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

A Greek Billionaire has been shot dead...a Shipping Mogul

3 Hostages escape from Nariman House including a cook, a woman and a small baby.
Last edited by Manu on 27 Nov 2008 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Manu wrote:IBN is saying 101 Killed, 287 injured. Are these figures correct?

45 Hostages are still trapped, 6 Pigs are still at large.

60 dead bodies found on the second floor. When the floor by floor operation is finally done, it will be a massacre.

Added Later: PM Manmohan Singh has cancelled his trip to Mumbai due to security concerns, on advice of Intel. Agencies.

Colleges/Schools/Offices/Stock Market - all closed on Friday. Work will resume on Monday.

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/video_streaming.php
CNN says sixty bodies recovered from Taj
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Since GoI is not going to do anything, I hope this Greek guy's family would avenge his death.
ChandraS

Post by ChandraS »

TV reports quote the NSG DG saying the progress in Taj is getting slower as they are encountering dead, injured & semi conscious people along the stairways and passages whom they have to evacuate for medical attention. Why can't the Army, Navy & RAF commandos follow up with the NSG and do the evacuation? This will leave the NSG free to focus their efforts on eliminating the terros and rescuing the remaining hostages.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

1. One thing is very clear about these attacks.... MOTIVE...i.e. drawing International attention , the timing of the blasts (ATS and other guvermund machinery busy with Malegaon case and elections, and Obama regime showing interest in J&K).

2. Usually terrorists target crowded places (places of worship, railway stations or a huge public event) , in this case terrorists chose to attack TAJ,Oberoi and Trident , which imo was done to target as many foreign nationals as possible for they perhaps by now have realized the apathy of GOI towards such attacks and hence wanted to make some noise at International level.

This does accomplish their aim as described in '1', add to that the fact that foreign nationals/corporations will now have similar apprehensions while visiting India as TSP.
Last edited by negi on 27 Nov 2008 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

lakshmic wrote:CNN says sixty bodies recovered from Taj
That's exactly what I feared.