Terror Attacks in Mumbai

amit
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by amit »

Philip wrote:Marcos being asked to come back to assist the NSG according to V.Adm.Bedi (live on TV) C-in-C W.Command.The explosives captured show grenades,stun grenades,magazines,credit cards,"almonds" for sustenance for a long operation,which shows how meticulously planned this operation was.No terror logistic boat so far has been found.

I'm quite sure "almonds" is not a preferred choice of food for the "Deccan Mujahideen".
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

both rediff and timesofindia are flashing terror ship caught..
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

deccan mujs like biryani ! or vada pau ??
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

IndiaTV reporting that MV Alpha has been captured by Heli bound Marine commandos...

Trident 8 floor, about 8 explosions in last 0.5 hours
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Investigators have picked up clues: Patil

New Delhi (PTI): Investigators have picked up certain clues in connection with the terror attacks in Mumbai, Home Minister Shivraj Patil said here on Thursday but refused to share details.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

parshuram wrote:IBNLIVE FLASH : Commandos prepare for final assault in Taj
Er these IBNlive "flashes" got tiresome so I came online. They are showing some security men and saying 'They are waiting for a command".

The operation is already on as per IG(?) of Police Roy.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

manjgu wrote:deccan mujs like biryani ! or vada pau ??
Boss Almonds is a typical food of Pasthuns. Of course I'm just speculating.
MohanG
BRFite -Trainee

Post by MohanG »

Gen Hooda , Maharastra GoC is in charge

Says NSG will lead the assault since they are trained for terrorist ops
If Gen Hooda is in charge, then why should Vice Adm Bedi give interview (and photos) to NDTV ? I think information should be given to media in a systematic manner. Different agencies giving their point of view separately to media creates confusion, and gives the media a chance to play off one agency against the other.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

G Koshy reports massive explosion at Taj

Rediff says LeT terrorist held

Ismail, a Punjabi from Faridkot in Pakistan, was arrested by the Mumbai police on Wednesday night during the terrorist attacks. Police sources said Ismail is giving his interrogators the complete story of how the sensational terror operation was planned and executed. He has told the Mumbai police that he has been trained by the Pakistan-based Lashkar e Tayiba, said police sources, giving chilling details of the most daring terror attack on India that has so far killed more than 101 people -- and the horror story is not over yet.
Emotional scenes of ACP Kamte's body in Pune.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

IBN reporting 'massive' explosion at Taj.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Taj is having mopping up ops as per what I could gather from the competitive reporting of no news on TV. But there are people in the rooms.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Maj Gen Hooda: 4-5 terrorists at Nariman House, IBN claims it could be 7
Last edited by Stan_Savljevic on 27 Nov 2008 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
parshuram
BRFite

Post by parshuram »

Mods : Please remove if a copyright voilation

Pix of terrorist

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/1121 ... view_start
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

CNN IBN showing pictures of soldiers carrying anti-tank rockets/shoulder-fired rockets.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

Jeez couldnt belive what i was seeing in this video clip, the cops seem to have no real target they just seem to be firing in the general area of the terrorists. Unlikely to do any damage whatsover. At the end i think a civillian tries to take the rifle off the cop.!! Have a look at the clip. Seems little organization at ground level.

http://broadband.indiatimes.com/toishow ... 764609.cms
amol.p
BRFite

Post by amol.p »

klein wrote:P.Amol where did you get the news that the Alpha has been caught ? IBN is not announcing anything ...

Check IBN 7 its reflecting continously on that..by the way count goes to 120 dead
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

A room in Taj is being blasted by Forces in Taj. no 473

Zee saying any roo which is not getting opened .. to be blasted.

A major assault op is being prepared for Nariman House.
Rocket Propellled Launchers , Grenade Launchers ..
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

MohanG wrote:
Gen Hooda , Maharastra GoC is in charge

Says NSG will lead the assault since they are trained for terrorist ops
If Gen Hooda is in charge, then why should Vice Adm Bedi give interview (and photos) to NDTV ? I think information should be given to media in a systematic manner. Different agencies giving their point of view separately to media creates confusion, and gives the media a chance to play off one agency against the other.
It is pointless to question the admiral and his actions at this moment. They seem to be borne of the fact that there is apparently no established default command and control system, though I am speaking only from what Ive seen on TV. Mr. Roy of the Maharashtra police is also making statements, and so is the mumbai police comm, and the GoC Maharashtra, and NSG chief.
Last edited by ASPuar on 27 Nov 2008 16:13, edited 3 times in total.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

M V Alpha seems to have been false alarm. Searched and released according to IBN Live
Last edited by amit on 27 Nov 2008 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

CNN IBN reporting CG and IN boarded a ship 20 nautical miles off Mumbai and searched it. I was allowed to go after the search didn't turn up anything. Dorniers have also been pressed into service.
Shivani
BRFite

Post by Shivani »

kit wrote:Is there going to be a second terrorist attack ?!
Eventually, yes. But only if you count this one as first.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Philip wrote:Marcos being asked to come back to assist the NSG according to V.Adm.Bedi (live on TV) C-in-C W.Command.The explosives captured show grenades,stun grenades,magazines,credit cards,"almonds" for sustenance for a long operation,which shows how meticulously planned this operation was.No terror logistic boat so far has been found.
Some rubber rafts used for landing were recovered.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

MMS in on TV. Looking a deer caught in the headlights.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

The terrorist in Black T shirt and blue back pack
has typical aani features. i.e. Sindhi. He ain't vada pav gobbling
Deccan Mujaheddin.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

mms on air now
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Imran claiming to be in Nariman house is live on IndiaTV.
Typical Paki Pathan
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

vdutta wrote:Image

what gun?
Sig SG-552 from the looks of it. It is definitely not of the Dragunov family since it doesn't have the long fire selector lever. It appears to be the commando version of the SG-550 family. The rectangular depression above the top of the magazine is pretty distinctive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_550 for pics. Scroll towards the bottom to see the 552 model.
Last edited by ArmenT on 27 Nov 2008 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

MMS saying National Security Act will be applied to deal with this. No hard words, just the usual stuff about such acts not being tolerated yada yada yada.

Now saying we will go after these 'perpetrators' and those who help them. Appeals for maintenance of peace and harmony.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

MMS (My paraphrasing): I strongly condemn, deepest condolences. Well-orchestrated attacks done to create panic. Salute the courage of the police including Hemant Karkare. Will not allow safety and security of citizens to be violated. Done to create havoc in the commercial capital. National security act will be employed. Set up a federal investigative agency to handle such scenarios. Curb flow of funds to suspect organizations. Will go after those individuals and organizations that support terror.

In this hour, I appeal to people to maintain peace and harmony so our enemies do not succeed in their goals. I am confident that people of India will rise unitedly to face this ordeal. Jai Hind.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

More explosions at Taj. NSG working it's way up to higher floors from the ground floor.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/nov/27m ... o-home.htm
Veronica Murphy, a British citizen, said, "I was lucky as I was only 100 metres away from the firing incident at Leopold Cafe [Images] in Colaba last night. I was on the periphery and I must tell you that Indians were very protective towards me and they ensured that we don't get hurt in any way."

Asked will she leave India, Murphy said, "No way. I am taking a train to south India tomorrow and I am not scared. Terrorism [Images] is everywhere in the world and even England [Images] was affected by that. You cannot allow these terrorists to rule and ruin your life. I will not allow that to happen."
Bravo Maam, you have an order of magnitude more humanity and courage that most of your leaders and media.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Taj seeing two smaller explosions after the massive one. Smoke bellowing out. Top floors is the action setting.

8 kg of RDX found behind the taj hotel near an eatery. IBN suspects this could be a reason why explosions are happening.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

*** TV Update ***

General Hooda interviewed, along with ADM Bedi. States that NSG has taken over operations.

Key excerpts:

1. NSG has taken charge of operation, and it would be incorrect for the army to disturb their ops by commenting at this moment.

2. Pointless to quantify number of terrorists and hostages at this stage.

3. Room by room search for terrorists, hostages, bodies and explosives.

4. 2 MARCOS have been hit, one critical, bullet injuries and fragmentary damage.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

it seems one of the terrorist earlier checked in Taj with all the equipment/explosives.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Ratan Tata's golden words...

"We cannot replace the lives that have been lost and we will never forget the terrifying events of last night, but we must stand together, shoulder to shoulder as citizens of India, and rebuild what has been destroyed.'

'We must show that we cannot be disabled or destroyed, but that such heinous act will only make us stronger. It is important that we do not allow divisive forces to weaken us. We need to overcome these forces as one strong unified nation."
Mathew G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mathew G »

Seems like these terrorists are waiting for the Army to come and get them. Then blow up the motherload of RDXs to thy kingdom come.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

CM of Maharashtra addressing press conference on IBM in Marathi. Can anyone give a gist of what he said, can't understand the language? Thanks in advance.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Rediff
04:25 PM: Loud explosion has been heard outside Taj Hotel.
Why can't the police come clean on the situation at Taj? Why can't they just accept that there ARE terrrorists in there? They should stop misleading the public and media.
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

barkha still showing emotional interviews by relatives of hostages. i dont see why that should be done now.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Dmurphy wrote:Rediff
04:25 PM: Loud explosion has been heard outside Taj Hotel.
Why can't the police come clean on the situation at Taj? Why can't they just accept that there ARE terrrorists in there? They should stop misleading the public and media.

Boss just why does the police need to come clean? Any authentic information given to the media also goes to the terrorists and their handlers. Please get real.