Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

Raju

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

Post by Raju »

Raj Malhotra wrote:NDTV profit, Times Now, Headlines Today are blaming Pakistan, to protect their TRP but I am ready to bet that in less than 48 hours discussion in ALL English news channels will shift on how to have better "defensive mechanisms" and how it was all our fault with Godhara, Ayodhya thrown in. :cry:
True.

We will know how much the morale of people has changed after 48 hrs. Media is just being used by Govt to absorb some of publics anger.

this is another kind of psy-ops propaganda. Satisfy the jingo in all of us for a bit and then turn track.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

GuruNandan wrote:
George J wrote:Ok Children, be useful for once

1) HOW do I download to HDD the video in this link?
http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Nava ... 520089.php
George J,

You have to download and install 'Adobe Flash Player'
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

and then open the url and it should work.
1. get mplayer
2. open page in browser, right click -> properties -> media tab
3. on a command line: mplayer -dumpstream url-of-media stream
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

SK Mody wrote:

2) Does anyone have the whole video? It looks like its a bit truncated at the front.
Look for the title in the html page source. The source link should be somewhere around the title.
Download from http://datastore.rediff.com/briefcase/6 ... 2h.mpg.flv

you are welcome
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sai wrote:
Hariprasad wrote:Times Now
There is one Vinod Mehta on TimesNow asking for resignation from NSA Narayanan, Shivraj Patil and going after Pakistan. Extremely well put.
Chameleon changing colour.

Chameleon ls a very polite word for this scum!
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

Raju wrote:
Raj Malhotra wrote:NDTV profit, Times Now, Headlines Today are blaming Pakistan, to protect their TRP but I am ready to bet that in less than 48 hours discussion in ALL English news channels will shift on how to have better "defensive mechanisms" and how it was all our fault with Godhara, Ayodhya thrown in. :cry:
True.

We will know how much the morale of people has changed after 48 hrs. Media is just being used by Govt to absorb some of publics anger.

this is another kind of psy-ops propaganda. Satisfy the jingo in all of us for a bit and then turn track.

True, but in election season do they think people will forget it so soon? Especially, if opposition is increasing the tempo. Perhaps, thats why discrediting Modi and BJP has already started by bringing in filmi experts like sharmila and cops like mathew? who sai Who needs bloody one crore from modi. Hasn't modi been campaigning to strengthen agnecies hands by promoting for stricter anti-terrorist laws?
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

2) Does anyone have the whole video? It looks like its a bit truncated at the front.

Might be easy to just install latest Realplayer Ver 11 and will give you a simple one click option to download and save all streaming video clips on the web.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Raju wrote:
True.

I see these viewpoints as being too fatalistic...at the end of the day, all channels are completely profit-driven businesses running solely on TRPs. The right question should be what we can do to continue high TRPs for the channels that are nationalist, rather than just assume fatalistically that they wil change colors.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

delete. useless.
Last edited by shaardula on 29 Nov 2008 21:32, edited 3 times in total.
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

Times Now
This slimy Vinod Mehta is showing his true colors. When talking about Pakistan he wants us to use diplomacy and see what is wrong with the internal mechanism. He is repeatedly stressing that pukis are a nuclear power. Leander paes wants to go after pakistan.

God these panelists are such pu$$ies. They want to isolate pakistan along with US, Europe (like they care) and talk through diplomatic means :roll: . I can already see where all this is heading. :(
Last edited by Hariprasad on 29 Nov 2008 21:25, edited 2 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

from horsfall's comments and the comments by the indian operator in rediff I posted it appears large amts of time were spent exchanging gunfire in holding/standoff pattern with the terrorists using human shields and the idea was to wear them down and waste their ammo, with periodic phases were isolated terrorists were manouvered into kill zones and attack was pressed to the finish. the 3 pigs killed this morning were moved into one such zone. the explosives used in nariman house were also of this intent probably. due to hostages, nothing worse than stun grenades could be used,
else heavy charges and 0.50 cal rifles could be brought in as well as HE grenades.

urban CT seems to be a 1000 page book and we the hoi polli bred on hollywood movies and gear fetish only know chapter1 - i.e. rope down from helis and kick down doors, "go in with nvgs and gas masks"
Last edited by Singha on 29 Nov 2008 21:25, edited 2 times in total.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Kabir Bedi is closet Jihadi.
The b*stard wants to us to make distinction between Pakistani Govt and the terrorist groups.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Singapore:

Singapore, Nov 28 : Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong , has sent a letter of condolence to Indian Prime Manmohan Singh expressing shock about the series of terrorist attacks which rocked Mumbai on 26 November 2008.

''On behalf of the Government of Singapore, I convey our deepest condolences to you, the Government of India and the families of the victims,'' he said in the letter to the Prme Minister.

The terrorists have taken several people of different nationalities as hostages, including a Singaporean .

''We are already working closely with the Indian authorities on this. Singapore stands ready to assist the Indian authorities in any way to secure the safe release of the Singaporean and other hostages,'' he said.

I am confident that the Indian people will rally around your government as it deals with the Mumbai terrorist attacks and bring the perpetrators to justice, Mr Lee added .

''The Mumbai attacks are another reminder that terrorism continues to be a common threat to all of us. We strongly support your government's efforts in fighting the scourge of terrorism,''he said.

--- UNI
http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-52764.html
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

I have created a detailed Google Map showing the landing spot to the final encounter points of Terror attacks by Pakistani on Mumbai. I want to make it as accurate as possible with respect to time line. I request all the fellow members to leave details, that can be used and is missing from map, as a comments on the map. Its really hard to scan the rapidly increasing pages on the thread here for the same.

Reposting the link to the Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ms ... 60badd365e
Trail of Terror by Pakistani Terrorists In Mumbai
SK Mody
BRFite

Post by SK Mody »

Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Singha wrote:
urban CT seems to be a 1000 page book and we the hoi polli bred on hollywood movies and gear fetish only know chapter1 - i.e. rope down from helis and kick down doors, "go in with nvgs and gas masks"
Dont forget the armchair twits are inspired by hollywood movies.......
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

was the NSG a recipient of the Tavor/Zittara ?
I didn't see any.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

milindc wrote:Kabir Bedi is closet Jihadi.
The b*stard wants to us to make distinction between Pakistani Govt and the terrorist groups.
Pakistan govt and military are still supporting LeT. This is even acknowledged by US govt.
Now US govt put LeT under banned list only in DEC 2001. But they worked with LeT during the 2005 earthquake to help the victims. US and Pakistan govt have been working with LeT for more than 20 years.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Is there a count of how many hostages were freed?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Australia:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7752003.stm

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd expresses concern about the attacks in Mumbai. He says: "We are deeply concerned by these developments, deeply concerned by the potential impact on Indian citizens and other citizens, and we will have further to say about this during the course of the day."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pms-wa ... 75940.html

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says the Mumbai attacks were an act of murderous cowardice and warned that Australian casualties could rise.

Mr Rudd told Parliament the Government "unreservedly condemns the atrocious attacks" and described them as an assault on Indian democracy and stability.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ ... s__Extra__
Australian Islamic leader condemns Mumbai attacks (Extra)
Asia-Pacific News

Nov 27, 2008, 7:42 GMT

Sydney - A leader of Australia's 300,000 Muslims on Thursday said terrorist attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai were 'abhorrent, despicable and outrageous.'

'Attacks against innocent persons are abhorrent to all peaceful people and to all faiths and those who engage in this behaviour stand condemned,' Australian Federation of Islamic Councils president Ikebal Adam Patel said in a statement.

'People of goodwill and faith must double their efforts and resources to fight against such acts of barbarism and inhumanity.'

He called on the perpetrators to be punished because 'there can be no justification for such acts that target innocent crowds.'

Two Australians were injured in attacks that have killed more than 101 people and injured at least twice that many. One Australian is reported to be among the dead.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

milindc wrote:Kabir Bedi is closet Jihadi.
Sir, that's the line of even the GoI of today....So, no surprises there.
kindly start praying that you are not caught up in the next round of attacks which will come soon through either our "oppressed minorities" or "rogue" elements of Pak. Any hope for action from our side is futile as is clearly evident within 24 hours of the flames in Taj dying down.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

My heartfelt salutes to the Indian forces- truly bravehearts. I know no amount of words or money can express our love to these departed souls, can I suggest we set up a fund for these brave soldiers in BR to pay our respects?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Malaysia:

Malaysia condemns Mumbai attacks

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 27 - Malaysia today condemned yesterday's horrific terrorist attacks on major public places in Mumbai, India that killed scores of people and injured many others.

Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said Malaysia was deeply shocked and saddened by the senseless act of violence "deliberately directed at civilian targets designed to inflict maximum human casualties."

"Malaysia remains firmly committed to the fight against terrorism and in engaging in a constructive manner, all regional and international efforts in combating terrorism," he said in a statement today.

He added that the horrendous attacks in Mumbai underscored the fundamental need for the international community to continue vigorously forging a comprehensive and effective front in combating all forms of terrorism and extremism.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/inde ... i-attacks-
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I would think most of were used by the pigs as human shields are dead.
the ones who survived were those who locked themselves in and were not
pounced upon by the pigs in the first couple hrs. or who escaped en masse in the initial confusion.

meantime I wonder what level of surveillance and security was there in Taj - esp if Outlook claim is true of being pre-warned?

the entire management and staff found time to participate in a TV channel's reality show.

yet a entire procession of yahoos came and went dumping huge bags of ammo and gear it seems and mapping out the whole place in depth.
werent they able to profile such people and report back to police?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

I received this email from by family member. His house is in Juhu.
Need help to do some research
I was looking at some of the videos on youtube about the attacks in Mumbai and this one username stuck out like a sore thumb in comments. All of his comments have been very inciting and very pro-taliban/jihad etc. I didn't know who else to go to with this information or even if it was worth anything at all, but the username is salahuddin786. A google search of this name pops up numerous other places where he has made similar inciting remarks against India/US.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Vietnam:

Vietnam condemns Mumbai terror attacks

Hanoi, Nov 27 : Strongly condemning the Mumbai terrorist attacks, in which a large number of people had been killed, Vietnam today said it was ready to work jointly with India to curb the menace.

The assurance was made by Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet to President Pratibha Devisingh Patil after their talks at the Presidential Palace this morning.

Mr Triet said Vietnam condemned such ''inhuman'' incidents and is ready to cooperate with India to tackle this problem in the region.

Vietnam would also support India in the United Nations for the permanent membership of the Security Council, he said.

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-52292.html
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

reminds me of foxes emerging from burrows after the fight is over to declare full and firm support for the victor.

ofcourse we must realize their relative weakness and not expect too much.
one has to reasonable with smaller countries who cant flash biceps the way big powers can do.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Indonesia:

Mumbai attacks despicable and inhumane: RI

Tony Hotland and Dian Kuswandini , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Fri, 11/28/2008 7:19 AM | Headlines

Indonesia condemned the terrorism attacks in Mumbai as despicable and inhumane, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement Thursday.

The government expressed condolences to the government of India and to the victims and their families, saying it hoped those responsible would be swiftly captured and brought to justice.

“The attacks are evidence that the threat of terrorism remains real and that it requires constant vigilance and multilateral cooperation in dealing with it,” the statement said.

It added that Indonesia was a staunch supporter of all cooperation in combating terrorism.

Ministry spokesman Teuku Faizasyah said the Indonesian Embassy in India had made certain none of the 130 Indonesian nationals living in Mumbai was among the victims.

He said the government had no plans to issue a travel warning advising Indonesian nationals against visiting India.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2008 ... ne-ri.html
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

S. Korea:

S. Korea condemns terrorist attacks in Mumbai
www.chinaview.cn 2008-11-27 22:42:28 Print

SEOUL, Nov. 27 (Xinhua) -- The South Korean government on Thursday condemned the terrorist attacks in Mumbai and expressed condolences to the families of the victims.

"The South Korean government denounces terrorism as a crime against civilization and against mankind that can be never tolerated," said Foreign Ministry spokesman Moon Tae-young.

The ministry said it has launched a task force to seek better protection to South Korean residents in India, especially in the financial capital of Mumbai, where over 2,000 South Koreans, including some 1,000 students, live.

The ministry asked its nationals to leave the area if possible or refrain from traveling there.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008- ... 423080.htm
Sidd
BRFite

Post by Sidd »

Delhi votes to elect new govt; over 60% polling
The voting % was 60% compared to 53.4% in 2003. Events in Mumbai might be responsible for the increased participation.Seems like Sheela Dixit is on her way out.
Anabhaya
BRFite

Post by Anabhaya »

the pubes say they might have to move all their troops from their west to east in case of any eventuality. also moan about pranab using very aggressive tone to their officials. thats the excuse for not sending that Shuja guy in New Delhi for inquiries.

Link
Last edited by Anabhaya on 29 Nov 2008 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

i dont know if this has been posted before. terrorist interview by media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJwiZSPMB-U
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Sai wrote:Luce motions?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b77572d0-bcbc ... k_check=1
Both Islamist and Hindu extremists have been bombing their way across India in an attempt to polarise opinion, especially ahead of general elections next year. Some of these appear to have been “false flag” attacks, including by Hindu supremacists masquerading as jihadis. One of the Mumbai attackers, presumed to be Islamists, was photographed wearing a sacred Hindu thread around his wrist
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b77572d0-bcbc ... ck_check=1

This guy is married to an Indian. He comes in some TV shows in US and has written booksIn (Spite of the Gods The Strange Rise of Modern India)
This kind of rumor mongering when India has caught one of these terrorist who has talked is really outrageous.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content ... s_Politics

Brazil, Canada, Argentina, Colombia in the above link.

Taiwan itself I haven't found.
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

CNN/MSNBC constantly fearing that Indians are angry and could lead to a nuclear confrontation between the two neighbours. Damage control in process how this could affect relations between the US with both countries. Pleading for India to show restraint.
Alex Witt on MSNBC doing a decent job of asking panelists, should India show restraint considering the way America acted after 9/11?

Panelists initially stumped with the question before answering...India is used to absorbing such attacks. They'll Prove to be resilient! :eek: OR India should do what we do....ask them to close camps and hand over the terrorists, before amassing on the border. ( Doesn't know already been tried).

A Randeep Nandal interviewed by Alex Witt on MSNBC provided a great summary of the terror plan unfolded in pakistan. Mentions Indians are seething with anger over Pakistan.
The pakis interviewed on TV are planned are squirming trying to douche the anger with offers on working together and Joint intelligent force etc.

A Sarah Jacob interviewed on MSNBC did a great job for us Right Now! Mentions Indians are angry and US shouldn't soft pedal pakistan for their goal in FATA. Indians want Daewood and US should use it's power to hand him over. We have a captured terrorist and he is talking!

Go Sarah Jacob and Randeep Nandal...send them emails folks.....
bains
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bains »

Guys,

on the evening of the day when the brave indian commandos launched the counter-terrorism attack on Nariman House, Barkha Dutt was standing far away and was desperately trying to get linked to Delhi studios, where Nidhi Razdhan was the moderator. Nidhi first talked with Sreenivan Jain and was waiting for the link to Barkha. As this was taking time, Nidhi started to speak extempore about the events taking place in Mumbai, now and then she was throwing few words condemning "directly" Porkistan, something which is blasphemy in NDTV. As Burkha Dutt was not getting the opportunity to philosophise the nation before the camera, she was getting irritated and was in a very angry mood, because the crowd behind here were raising anti-Porkistan slogans. Meanwhile Nidhi was going on and on, suddenly the audio-video link to Burkha Dutt was connected. Burkha did'nt knew that. You could see and hear her say very clearly to the technical crew: "Tell the bitch (Nidhi) to keep quiet."

How come you guys missed this?
Raju

Post by Raju »

Sarah Jacob and Randeep Nandal are NDTV correspondents. Looks like NDTV have tied up with MSNBC.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

A_Gupta wrote:Indonesia:

Mumbai attacks despicable and inhumane: RI

Tony Hotland and Dian Kuswandini , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Fri, 11/28/2008 7:19 AM | Headlines

Indonesia condemned the terrorism attacks in Mumbai as despicable and inhumane, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement Thursday.

Indonesia deserves our respect on several counts.

For a Muslim nation, not only is it a democracy, but a reasonably liberal democracy at that. It is also reasonably pluralistic. The Hindu culture of pre-Islamic times is still respected across Java and Sumatra. Bali, of course, continues to maintains its Hindu character. And most importantly, Indonesia recently executed three Islamists who plotted the Bali bombings of 2002, after a lengthy and fair judicial process.

Which other Muslim-majority state can claim to have taken such a tough stance against Islamic extremists?
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

The DGP Mumbai is a pathetic professional liar. He promises a lost. They have truly put the image of Mah Police in mud.

Yes, all jingoism/dadagiri in front of the camera, as if the public will fall for it. Everybody knows who pulled the chestnuts out of the fire. It was the army/nsg/marcos.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

@ rahul m,

please go to nsg.gov.in, then training, then see nsg museum which has all the weapons. you can drag drop each pic to browser for larger resolution.

nsg does have tavor-21 but it is a larger rifle.

in cqb, you can use mp-5 smg, it is a compact, well balanced gun. in fact, for long range sniping, the nsg was using sig-550-1 sniper rifle and PSG-1.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I see the tiresome ritual of candle light prayer meetings with candles being placed on ground to spell out "PEACE" and little ignorant kids being made to hold candles for "PEACE" is in full swing now.

perhaps the best thing would have been for the public to corner and club to death a few of the local goonda-cum-politicians who create holes in the system for criminals and terrorists to exploit.

"WAR" and "VIOLENCE" should be the motto, not this nonexistent peace.

Pubes have 10 days of petrol and any missile strike on attack, sui and
karachi mean neither can anyone unload fresh petrol or refine domestic
petrol. even if they wanted they cannot do a parakram type buildup on
the border.

not that I am suggesting that, its cheaper/sharper/better to go after
individuals in the gulf, pakistan, BD and elsewhere and make them pay
the ultimate price. selectively missiles could also be used to target
important people like masood azhar.