Indian Response to Terrorism

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Indian Response to Terrorism

Post by Rahul M »

moved.
neerajbhandari wrote:Haven't seen anyone blowing off those Fat Ass Indian Politicians like this before. Someone should call the PM, HM and other guys in such a discussion and let them be grilled.

animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

CRamS wrote:Guys:

I don't mean to sound provocative. But isn't this the time for the Indian forces: army, navy, and air force chiefs to tell the political leadership that enough is enough, and we need to do something instead of hiding behind this civilian control crap? The UPA eunuchs, cowards, and traitors have their eye on other issues of concern to them, but armed forces chief must come forward and present a plan to the govt. And the plan must be well thought out, not just feeding 1000s of commandos head on to the blood-thirst Paki army; that would only be a stale mate inviting US/UK intervention.

Is it only a matter of time that one of the UPA eunuchs will say 'peace process is irrreversible'; after all, they have already said TSP is also a victim onlee and no military action.
I guess somewhere in "mumbai terror attack thread" i read an article posted by someone. There was a quote that army chief telling MMS that some section of army may revolt if gov doesn't act.
Even army personnels are humans, its but natural that they may feel much more frustration as compared to we civilians. the cowardy act of gov comes at cost of patience of armed forces. But i will still prefer a political solution. Because, power corrupts and it's not good for democracy for defence forces to cross lines.
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

I don't know why we are expecting Pakistani govt to hand over the terrorists - as if they have much control or say over it. US has been working with its 'ally' for the past 7 years with little results. They bombed Afghanistan to oblivion of course, but other than scaterring the Taliban which they themselves lovingly trained to fight the Russians , it has really not done much. Are they really getting any results other than when they get into Pakistani territory and bomb it WITHOUT permission from pak govt ?

Why can we not go into Pakistani terriroty NOW and get the terrorists OURSELVES ? That will be the ONLY way.

I hope and pray BJP comes to power, and Congress is routed - it is a truly spineless government.

We are heading for a huge war between predominantly christian nations, Israel AND Islamic nations. The writing on the wall is for everyone to see.
We as Indians can only wait and watch as the frustration mounts when country after Islamic country is called evil, branded as harbouring terrorism WHILE keeping the Islamic countries that REALLY do harbor/ are beds for terrorists as ALLIES (read Pakistan). It is a dangerous game played by USA and British.

But we certainly cannot be spectators again n again when PAK terrorists attack us.
NO ONE is going to help us. Not rice, not bush and not Obama. We can only hope for "less" world reaction if we attack terrorist camps in Pakistan.

PS: Did you guys watch the nation's address by MMS ? Completely insipid. My god the man had no emotion.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Far b it from moi to call the Poojya Pradhan Mantri "names", or question his patriotism, but he IS a public figure. Would it b too out of line to describe his performance as
Mumble-Mumble-Sigh
????

But then again, neelkamal, consider this: If we had anyone like us as PM of India, a couple of Indian cities would now be smoking ruins, instead of ..... just a few hotels, a dozen trains, a couple of hospitals, some marketplaces, many cars, and thousands of innocent victims (hmmmm.... the list DOES begin to read like a city in ruins, doesn't it?), along with much of Pakistan. At least we are still able to contemplate what to do. Give him some credit - when he tries to sleep, he knows that maybe 799 million people in his own country, and maybe 3 billion outside, hold him in contempt. Still he gets up in the morning and does what he feels is right and proper. (IOW, nothing. :cry: )
Inaction is Action. All is Maya

May I remind you, in all seriousness, of the Russian Marshal in the face of Napoleon's invasion (as depicted in the movie "War and Peace", of course). He was called a coward by all, as he kept withdrawing what was left of the Russian Army further and further deep into Russia as Napoleon's pakis advanced.... until the time was right. Maybe, like the Marshal, one day MMS will jump (make that "rise gently") from his chair, (not "bed" unlike the Russian who was drunk), and kneel down, and say:
THANK YOU! HOLY MOTHER (sonia)!
and resign.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

- Deleted -
Last edited by Gagan on 03 Dec 2008 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Gagan, The article posted by you has been posted at least 6 times before. Could you please delete it from both the threads. Thanks
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Lets not ponder about our response to Terrorism anymore.We have got the ultimate one from the Rajmata.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.The anti-national Kangressi tradition of doing nothing is being carried forward, while Yuvraaj is busy in another party enjoying the Dom Perignon.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I have been accused of being 10 year behind the curve and high treason here after I showed some optimism. :) But still ...

I have some hopes from the UPA Government. Hoping for a forceful reaction from this team, would be expecting too much. So I have more modest hopes from this government. Something more doable (harbans ji, thanks for the word).

This Govt. can perhaps get the UNSC to pass a Resolution saying ...

1. Pakistan does not have control over the land within its borders (loss of sovereignty).
2. Pakistan has a lot of terrorist infrastructure blossoming in the country.
3. Other countries in the neighborhood are victims of terrorism emanating from Pakistan.
4. A UN Terrorism Monitoring Commission for Pakistan (UNTMCP) is being set up to monitor terrorist activity from within and from outside the country.
5. Other countries are requested to provide the Commission with intelligence on terrorists and terrorist infrastructure.
6. Other countries are requested to support the eradication of terrorism emanating from Pakistan and help the government regain its sovereignty, lost to terrorists.
7. The UNTMCP will have an armed complement.

I believe this Government is uniquely in a position to get the international cooperation to bring about this Resolution.

After that the Government can go ride into the sunset. And BJP can go and kick some ass!
Last edited by RajeshA on 03 Dec 2008 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Its become a cliche by now but it bears repeating.

The best Indian response should be to vote out the current set of Neroes and zeroes and vote in a slightly more ballsy set.

If the indian public forgets or is otherwise led astray by distractions, false-flags, propaganda etc, then we would truly deserve another round of UPA 5 yrs.

No point talking abt going to war or taking punitive steps short of war against TSP. We need a GoI that is clear abt what needs to be done in the first place before war could yield decisive results.

The test for the indian electorate begins now. And it wont be the easy one where adrenaline can help.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ToI flash:
Rice-Pranab's joint briefing: India tells US that Mumbai attackers came from Pakistan | Pranab says there is deep outrage in India against recent terror attacks | We have a right to protect ourselves | Rice says US will work very closely with India to reach the bottom of probe | US has experience in anti-terro fight | We realise there's demand for justice
IMHO, the deep-ness is against the politicians more than anyone else on the planet. Does he realizes that?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I flinched and shut the channel hearing HFLs give their POVs, Ambani's ruling Gujarat, TATAs Maharashtra and NSG ruling India. I understand the anger, but idiocy? A lot of this crowd thats really ANGRY BTW is the HFL crowd. And as i understand they will channel their anger more towards India than Pakistan or Islamic doctrine within a matter of hours.

Remember this is the crowd that voted in the Psecs in the GOI. This is the media that played equal equal to the hilt. This is the P3 type psec crowds that get their knowledge of political affairs whilst handling cocktails and drinks in comfortable drawing room settings. This is the very crowd that will balk first at the very sign of a nuclear threat. This is the crowd who've never read a word of the Koran or know what the Ghazwa e Hind means. This is the crowd that unaware of our own fundamental dharmic doctrine. This is the crowd that held placards " Terrorist Uncle Please Stop" a few months back.

Well for starters we do know ISI was responsible for the Kabul Embassy blasts. And the proof of burden for Pak Govt should be handing over key suspects. If they don't do so within a legitimate time frame, we must assume the ISI to be a Terrorist Organization. This must be declared loud and clear by the GOI.

Any ISI member is liable to be dealt with as a terrorist is. Caught, tried or shot.
Under directives from Pakistan’s army chief, General Ashfaq Kiani, who was then director general (DG) of the ISI, a low-profile plan was prepared to support Kashmiri militancy. That was normal, even in light of the peace process with India. Although Pakistan had closed down its major operations, it still provided some support to the militants so that the Kashmiri movement would not die down completely.

After Kiani was promoted to chief of army staff, Lieutenant General Nadeem Taj was placed as DG of the ISI. The external section under him routinely executed the plan of Kiani and trained a few dozen LET militants near Mangla Dam (near the capital Islamabad). They were sent by sea to Gujrat, from where they had to travel to Kashmir to carry out operations.
http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2008 ... osis-mumb/

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/JL02Df05.html
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

A people get the government that they deserve. That is the truth, in a democracy more so.

If we have a$$holes in politics, the problems is not that they are a$$holes, the problem is, we have allowed these a$$holes to become ministers. In every society, there will be a$$holes, some more than others, in some societies more than others.

There needs to be a lot more in terms of citizen movements, and not just candle-light ceremonies. We have to lose our apathy to participate in these citizen movements and lead them where possible and desired.

We need to educate the masses a lot more, on what they should demand from their politicians, what demeanor, what credentials, what record, what clarity, what courage, what patriotism. It does not matter if the voters still stick to their caste and sectarian preferences and party affiliations, as long as they vote for good candidates. We need to educate the masses how they should learn how to judge the quality of politicians.

We also need to vote for professionals and not professional politicians. Our leaders ought to have some qualifications, some means of making meaningful contributions to the body-polity.

We also need to always go and vote. Not doing so, is giving the ineffective and non-righteous your vote.

These protests are good for the awakening of the masses and finding the spirit of citizen empowerment. May be cursing can help making the present set of politicians more accountable and attentive. But we should not be under the impression, that we are not responsible for the mess.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

A couple points on what Shahzad has written. If accurate (and Shahzad is normally uncannily so), then:

1. ISI fingerprints are on the genesis of the attack plan.
2. Upper echelons of ISI delegated seemingly unsupervised to a junior officer, who signed off on the LeT/al-Qaeda alterations from small Kashmir assault to large scale Mumbai killing spree.

3. Upper echelons of ISI & military perhaps unaware of alterations, but not with clean hands. Kashmir or Mumbai, they planned terror attacks.

4. That “major reshuffle in the ISI two months ago,” recall, was when Lt. General Nadeem Taj, a relative of Musharraf, was forced out as Director General of the ISI. It was a Pakistani intelligence shake-up largely by American insistence.

5. While the US had hoped the ‘double dealing’ of Taj would have left with him, it has to be understood that General Kiyani - head of Pakistan’s military and thus effectively its military intelligence (ISI) - while admirably stalwart against al-Qaeda and the Taliban in the North West and tribal areas, has always been equally stalwart regarding the Pakistani conflict with India over disputed Kashmir.
General Kiyani may have intended a minor operation for Kashmir and was almost certainly in the dark about the metamorphosis of the operation into a Mumbai massacre, but the law of unintended consequences holds little acquittal when leaders play with the fire of terrorism.

Even while the ISI political wing was disbanded just days before the Mumbai attack, the shakeup atop the ISI is irrelevant without a trickle-down impact. And so long as ‘mid-level’ men such as Major Zakiur Rahman man posts and sign off on al-Qaeda affiliates’ massacres, there is little hope for Pakistan’s emergence from the tinderbox of terrorism without itself being consumed by the very fires it tolerates.

Westerners call it a ‘come to Jesus’ moment. Whatever the South Asian equivalent, Pakistan has yet to have its own. When it does, the fighting inside Pakistan, among Pakistanis (and assorted imported radical travelers) will be fierce and bloody. May the jihadiyun not be the only ones armed and willing to fight.
From the links in my previous post. Interesting where the Atimes reporter is getting his info. This is realy damning info indeed!!
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

narayanan, MMS has beem fittingly described by you :-o
as always I am impressed.
speaking of one us at BR becoming the PM
Did you guys know about a party called Lok Paritran ? It was started by IITians in 2006 and is doing pretty well for a very young party. I wanted to join it - atlast a party devoid of goondas and with people who care enough to chuck their careers and work for the country. But the secretary or senior member whom I know, asked me to wait, before the party settles down in Chennai.
I am waiting :!:
Thats the only way I guess - educated folks should find themselves back in politics and administration roles.

The problem has always been with killer mosquitoes and their breeding grounds (I find it very insulting to the pigs to equate them to terrorists)
I wish we could bomb them, we have all the intelligence data with us.

My dad told me about the article on the terrorist who was caught - his father was a bhel puri wala or some such, no money in family, if he went for the mission his family would get lot of money, else if he came back he would be shot dead.
yeah right - (kaadu kutthi aachu yengalukku) the same sob story and they expect the Indians to buy it. by the way that line in Tamil implies we are also "smart".
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

SaiK wrote:ToI flash:
Rice-Pranab's joint briefing: India tells US that Mumbai attackers came from Pakistan | Pranab says there is deep outrage in India against recent terror attacks | We have a right to protect ourselves | Rice says US will work very closely with India to reach the bottom of probe | US has experience in anti-terro fight | We realise there's demand for justice
IMHO, the deep-ness is against the politicians more than anyone else on the planet. Does he realizes that?
Again, boss, pleading and begging Rice et al is a non starter. We are cribbing to the don that one of his hit men has to pay. The hit man has a wild side to him which even makes the Don wear a west and approach him, but is useful enough to not have the Don eliminate him. Afterall the Don wouldn't be a Don if people didnt approach him for help would he.

So when we get advice from the Don's men that we have to cultivate the hit man or rather his jekyl version, its just a bunch of baloney.

Also, reminds me of the monkey and the two cats or is it the cat and the two monkeys. Grow a spine GoI and deal with it. You have looted and enjoyed power enough, now discharge your duty to provide security.

This is the whine thread right..
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The one liners that "we are also victims of terrorism" is dead on arrival.

Pakistan saying it makes no difference. Pakistan has been the center of Jihadi activities for too long, hosting such elements for their own national use and releasing them whenever they please. This is not being a victim of terrorism. The State of Pakistan is part and parcel of terrorism. The blood bath the State of Pakistan experiences is a family feud. An acceptable family feud.

Zardari claiming HE is a victim of terrorism is also unreal. His own wife left a list of people that should be investigated, and, to the best of my knowledge none have been, leave alone caught and prosecuted. To me this looks like his thinking is that it is part of the game - that is what we signed up for. IF he cannot bring to justice those that killed his wife, on what grounds can he claim that he will bring to justice those that attack outside the boundaries of Pakistan?

US: The victimization was there to see and analysis of which can go on for centuries. BUT, the US has not SOLVED the problem. On the contrary the US has become a bigger victim of terrorism by caving in to searches at airports and at foreign sea ports. These are band aids at best, certainly not solutions.

The Mumbai attack MUST be more than an academic excercise. It HAS to be the responsibility of the non-state actors to wind and stand down BEFORE they are made to do so.
The US NEEDS to provide some slack to other nations that do business in regions that the US does business in. The Mumbai attack could have been the result of Obama speaking out of order about Kashmir being an issue that encourages Jihadic tendencies in the region. Time will tell, but it certainly will not be the first time that has happened.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Zakiur was in Karachi for two months to personally oversee the plan. However, the militant networks in India and Bangladesh comprising the Harkat, which were now in al-Qaeda's hands, tailored some changes. Instead of Kashmir, they planned to attack Mumbai, using their existent local networks, with Westerners and the Jewish community center as targets.

Zakiur and the ISI's forward section in Karachi, completely disconnected from the top brass, approved the plan under which more than 10 men took Mumbai hostage for nearly three days and successfully established a reign of terror.
I don't get it,

o why would 'militant' networks in India and Bangladesh require LeT men trained in Pakistan to carry out such a plan? They would, I presume, be having their own men, who can travel far more freely within India. (True, in hindsight coming using Kuber also did not prove too difficult)

o would 'militant' groups in India and Bangladesh have so much influence over how an LeT plan ought to look like?

o if Syed says, that Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami had moved away from ISI, how could it still have been able to get Zakiur Rahman to sign on the plan?

I am not saying that these questions necessarily point to some other explanation, but it is still worth thinking.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

harbans wrote:
A couple points on what Shahzad has written. If accurate (and Shahzad is normally uncannily so), then:
From the links in my previous post. Interesting where the Atimes reporter is getting his info. This is realy damning info indeed!!
THis reporter has links inside Pakistan andi based in Virginia. He was the first to discuss the internal issues of the ISI and pak politics after 911 and later.
But he is also a bigot
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Airavat wrote:
pradeepe wrote:Planning and gaming a counter to a major terror act by TSP should have been done so many times by now...

For starters, I am with Kiran, top paki generals have to be taken out, start with those on deputation to the ISI. If the pigs squeal, tut tut....we are both victims of terror onlee.
It depends on how you want them to be taken out, thorugh overt strikes or covert ops?

The armed forces are ready to carry out the first, with the attendant consequences which we should be prepared to absorb. The latter method will take time to execute but with little consequence.
Hasn't our dear MMS testified that Pakistan is also a victim of terror. Its not mango season, but I hear apples grow well at this time of the year....

The top 5 in ISI would be a good message...
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Johann,

Thanks for making some thought-provoking posts. Your carry an element of innate support to India in its moment of sorrow.

Some more points, however:

While it is true that TSP is dead man walking. It is also a dead man walking with nukkes. This dead man will die, but might cause enormous loss to India before he does. USSR did survive 73 years, and then collapse, which to a large degree was not predicted. But, USSR did not have many external investors in its survival. For TSP the external actors interested in its survival are too many (KSA, US, PRC). Since TSP is small, the investement needed to keep it afloat is small for them. In other words TSP might survive for a long time, and inflict a lot of pain on Indai before it really dies.

Secondly, not a parallel example in Indian history. Mughal empire peaked under Aurangzeb. It went into a decline with his death. But not before causing enormous harm. it took another 60-70 years for Marathas & Sikhs to make the Mughal king their vassal and reduce him to ruling only Delhi. It took another 20-30 years for the Mughal king to survive as a British vassal. Then it it took another 60 years for the facade of the Mughals to be eliminated in 1857. So it took 2 centuries (almost) for the Mughal empire to end. The Pakjabi empire may die too slowly for our comfort.

Second Point: When a state fails to protect itself, as you said, it unleashes extremism & vigilantism. This is true. But it also a few more things, which are far more dangerous to the state. It unleashes centrifugal tendencies. It encourages the separatists as they see the state both weak and contemptible. It encourages other nations to push & sqeeze this state. You have an angry vigilantistic population along with increased separatism and enhanced external threats. In other words a weak disdained nation.
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

Breaking news on NDTV just now ( 10 pm Dec 3 2008)
Alert issued for AIR strikes of Pakistani or Afghani origin on Airports in Chennai, New Delhi and Bangalrore.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

afghani air-strikes ? :-?
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

i know afghani air strikes !!!.

I am going to watch some more TV and get back !!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/mu ... &type=News
Antony warns of airborne terror threats, calls for alert

Press Trust of India
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:05 PM (New Delhi)
With India's coastal security already breached by terrorists in Mumbai, Defence Minister A K Antony on Wednesday warned the armed forces of possible terror attacks from airborne platforms similar to the 9/11 attacks in the US.

Antony asked them to be prepared to counter the threat of terrorists from the air and prevent a repeat of World Trade Centre-type of attacks carried out by the Al-Qaida.

At a meeting with the three Services chief and Defence officials, Antony called for greater coordination among all security and intelligence agencies so as to make the intelligence inputs actionable.

The meeting, attended by Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major and Army chief General Deepak Kapoor and Defence Secretary Vijay Singh, also reviewed the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan in the wake of reports that its army was on a "high alert" following the Mumbai terror attacks.

Antony, sources said, worked out measures with the armed forces for tightening security and vigil along the LoC to prevent infiltration of terrorists through the land route, as "Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) is known to be an important area for recruitment and training of terrorists."

The top defence brass discussed plans for beefing up coastal security and hastening acquisition process for systems and platforms including coastal radars and interceptor boats.

Of particular concern expressed at the meeting was the intelligence warning that airports around the country could be targets of terrorists, forcing the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security to issue a red alert to secure all important airports, sources added.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

neelkamal wrote:Alert issued for AIR strikes of Pakistani or Afghani origin on Airports in Chennai, New Delhi and Bangalrore.
What next, air strikes on India by disaffected Djinns, Hutus, Eskimos, Red Indians and what not? (rant)
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

IMHO Indian actions/reactions will get worse as time goes by. Indian leaders have no game plan that I can see.

Here is the first (expected) return of first serve:

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/mu ... &type=News
Pakistan refuses to hand over India's most wanted

Press Trust of India
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:15 AM (New York)
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has rejected India's demand to hand over LeT chief Hafiz Mohd Sayeed and other fugitives in the wake of Mumbai terror attacks and doubted whether the arrested terrorist is a Pakistani national.

Two days after New Delhi's demarche (protest note) demanding the handing over of 20 fugitives, Zardari made known Pakistan's reluctance to part with them.

"If we had proof, we would try them in our courts. We would try them in our land and we would sentence them," he said appearing on a television show on Tuesday night.

India's list of 20 most wanted criminals given to Pakistan included underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar.

India is awaiting Pakistan's response before deciding on the options it could exercise. New Delhi's outrage was voiced by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee who said the country has every right to protect its territorial integrity and will take "appropriate action" as it feels necessary to deal with the terror strikes emanating from Pakistan.

The minister also did not rule out military strikes against terror camps in Pakistan.

Zardari said that he also doubted India's claim that the sole surviving gunman, who was captured by Indian security forces, was a Pakistani national.

"We have not been given any tangible proof to say that he is definitely a Pakistani. I very much doubt that he's a Pakistani," he said.

Zardari also denied Pakistan's involvement in the attacks, saying the terror strikes were executed by the "stateless actors" who wanted to hold the "entire world hostage."

"These (terrorists) are stateless actors who have been operating throughout the region. They include gunmen and the planners and are holding the entire world hostage," he said.

"State of Pakistan is not responsible for the attacks in Mumbai... even the White House and the US intelligence agency CIA have said so," he said.

The President ruled out any possibility of Pakistan and India going to war, saying, "Democracies do not go to war".

The three wars, India and Pakistan have fought, took place during dictatorships in Pakistan, he said.

Zardari said this is time to come together, do a joint investigation and look at the problem in the larger context.

"The threat is in the region and just not to Bombay or to India. The threat (also is) to the State of Pakistan. There's a threat to Afghanistan, It's a threat throughout region. So that would be counterproductive," he added.

"I'm a victim. The state of Pakistan is a victim. We are the victims of this war, and I am sorry for the Indians, and I feel sorry for them. I've seen this pain. I feel this pain every time I see my children. I can see it in their eyes. This pain lives with me because of my wife and what we are going through in Pakistan," he said.

Asked whether Lashkar-e-Taiba was involved in the attacks, he replied that it is a banned organisation around the world. "If indeed they are involved, we would not know," he said.

These are the people who operate outside the system like Al-Qaida but Pakistan has offered full cooperation to India in investigating the incident and "we intend to do so."

"We cannot rule anything out at the moment," he said when asked whether Al-Qaida might be involved. But it is too premature to reach any conclusion. To a question as to what Islamabad would do if India produces evidence of complicity of any Pakistani group in the attacks, Zardari said he would take action against them.

The Pakistani government, he said, committed to fighting terrorism per se and is fighting it everyday. Asked whether Pakistan is actively working at finding out who attacked Mumbai, Zardari said we are looking into the allegations "thrown at us from across the border."

Defending Pakistan's intelligence agencies, which are accused of providing support to the militants, Zardari said in the past, lots of mistakes have been made, but the present government does not support any such action.

"I can assure the world from my side, from my Army's side, from my parliament's side and the people of Pakistan that we are not helping any such activity," he added.

Asked whether Pakistan would ever think of making pre-emptive strikes with nuclear weapons, Zardari replied that he is on record having said that it has no intention of ever being "perpetrator" of first use.

He replied in the affirmative to question whether he is in favour of ban on all nuclear weapons, saying he had invited Indians to join in.

"I have asked the Indians to join us in a nuclear-free South Asia. And we are willing - I am willing to assure the world, on behalf of my parliament, that if India comes with us, we can together jointly sign a nuclear-free South Asia," he added.

Asked whether it would happen, Zardari replied, "We can definitely stand on the possibility of that to happen."

Pakistan hopes to improve relations with India and other democracies in the world, the President added.
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

News:
Deshmukh's resignation accepted

Security stepped up in Le Meridien, Trident and Raddison in chennai

Security threat issued by bureau of Civil Aviation Security

Zardari rejects Indian demand

guys I am getting a feeling that this is not good, this is not good at all.....
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

What is not good?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

NRao wrote:What is not good?
Think he means our predictable reaction to the 10000000th attack on India by the Pakis?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

zardari is getting hideously gubo'ed in military headquarters by all the korpse kammandus for stepping out of line. he is now doing a sharief at kargil - i.e. being told he has to go be defiant and nice to the world's media all at once. meanwhile under the table, someone his squeezing his crown jewels with a pair of pliers

he is buying time and H&D for the military to reorganise and redeploy... and he may even be playing a double game... hoping to precipitate a limited war so that Unkil and India can defang the jehadis and faujis in one go and make him shah-en-shah-i-gubo

perhaps the pakistan end game has finally begun?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

munna wrote:
neelkamal wrote:Alert issued for AIR strikes of Pakistani or Afghani origin on Airports in Chennai, New Delhi and Bangalrore.
What next, air strikes on India by disaffected Djinns, Hutus, Eskimos, Red Indians and what not? (rant)
thing of the bright side !

so many delegates for chai-biskoot sessions ! pluralism will finally arrive in this evil fascist country ! :twisted:
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

I feel we might be on the brink of another war...
especially since we are all wanting to get justice for the horror in Mumbai.
I am telling you - without action, Congress is GONE , kaput.
so Congress the great might just do something... I dunno what.
I wish we had inside info on what is going on...
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

RajeshA wrote:This Govt. can perhaps get the UNSC to pass a Resolution saying ...
No UN please. We should not legitimize the UN until we are part of the security council. It will be 1948 and Kashmir all over again.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

no one has inside info, except unkil who has paki's crown jewel...Condi trip to paki hell whole will be armitage round 2
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

My only fear is that if the Kangress get booted out in the LS elections(as they should) and a similar attack happens with the BJP govt in power, what extraordinary events will we see which will be different from current govt's actions so far?

Even Kangress bashing wont be possible sine they are in the opposition then!!!!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

neelkamal wrote:I feel we might be on the brink of another war...
especially since we are all wanting to get justice for the horror in Mumbai.
I am telling you - without action, Congress is GONE , kaput.
so Congress the great might just do something... I dunno what.
I wish we had inside info on what is going on...
Oh, they have ! haven't you noticed ? one deshmukh and a couple of patils have resigned !
what more can you ask ?
My only fear is that if the Kangress get booted out in the LS elections(as they should) and a similar attack happens with the BJP govt in power, what extraordinary events will we see which will be different from current govt's actions so far?

we will surely bash BJP then !
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

sum wrote:My only fear is that if the Kangress get booted out in the LS elections(as they should) and a similar attack happens with the BJP govt in power, what extraordinary events will we see which will be different from current govt's actions so far?

We will see when that happens
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

I just watched the interview with Gauhar Ayub Khan (former Foreign MInister)
NASTY man. I hate that guy. When he was asked what PAK is doing to get LET out, he says there is no credible info, it could be cooked up, you got your own security officer killed, your intelligence failed....
and he was laughing..

another statement from the present foreign minister - Pranab Mukherjee's aggressive statement will make issue worse...

I am going to watch Rice's statement now...
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Is India a country with a single policy towards Pakistan or made up of multiple egos to which policies morph to?
Raju

Post by Raju »

Rahul M wrote:we will surely bash BJP then !
not everyone will.