Terror Attacks in Mumbai - IV

Raveen
BRFite

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai - IV

Post by Raveen »

I hate to do this to this esteemed forum
but my patriotic feelings have taken over my rational abilities...
We Indians need you on facebook, to join this group:

ADMINS: PLease forgive me, but we must do something
Last edited by ramana on 04 Dec 2008 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited. Please see the response below. A lot of twirps will chatter doesnt mean we loose our cool.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Posted without comment as to credibility:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/JL02Df05.html

Al-Qaeda 'hijack' led to Mumbai attack
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Raveen while I respect your sentiments let us channel our resources better! Facebook and other internet warriors from Paki land are nothing more than would be pests waiting to meet their ends in terror attacks at the hands of NSG, FBI, Shin Bet etc.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Ex-U.S. Official Cites Pakistani Training for India Attackers
A former Defense Department official said Wednesday that American intelligence agencies had determined that former officers from Pakistan’s Army and its powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency helped train the Mumbai attackers.
No sniffer dogs to protect thousands of people but the CM must be protected you see....
The station has been open for days, with thousands of passengers streaming through, and the discovery raised new questions about the capability of Indian security services.

There were conflicting accounts about how the bomb were found. Some reports said that the police had been tipped off by the surviving attacker, but others said a sniffer dog found it during a routine sweep of the abandoned luggage ahead of an officials visit. It was rendered neutral on the spot, the authorities said, and then subsequently removed for analysis. Train service was not disrupted for the maneuvers.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

munna wrote:Raveen while I respect your sentiments let us channel our resources better! Facebook and other internet warriors from Paki land are nothing more than would be pests waiting to meet their ends in terror attacks at the hands of NSG, FBI, Shin Bet etc.
They have now resorted to hacking into e-mail accounts of Indian nationals and posting details about them, this might be symbolic, but please join me
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Gerard wrote:Ex-U.S. Official Cites Pakistani Training for India Attackers
A former Defense Department official said Wednesday that American intelligence agencies had determined that former officers from Pakistan’s Army and its powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency helped train the Mumbai attackers.
The station has been open for days, with thousands of passengers streaming through, and the discovery raised new questions about the capability of Indian security services.

There were conflicting accounts about how the bomb were found. Some reports said that the police had been tipped off by the surviving attacker, but others said a sniffer dog found it during a routine sweep of the abandoned luggage ahead of an officials visit. It was rendered neutral on the spot, the authorities said, and then subsequently removed for analysis. Train service was not disrupted for the maneuvers.
Have you noticed that after the captured terrorist from Pakistan has spilled each information
the statements are coming from US regarding the terrorists belonging to Let etc.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Raveen. Chodo. Dont be side tracked.

Meanwhile

Mumbai Cops were warned time and again:IB

This is getting ridiculous. The buckpassig has to stop. If IB had such high credibility info how come they act like the chowkidar who yells "Jagte Raho!" Why didnt they and their bosses inform the NSA and what did he do? Is just informing enough? Is that all they get paid to do? Is that their oath on graduation from Sardar Patel Academy? Is the NSA's job just be a buck/info passer? Doesnt he have to make sure that the inof is acted upon? Why didnt that happen? Doesnt he have the power of the PMO backing him up? Or is it to threaten relcutant MPs to vote for the govt?

Is it all the Mumbai ganster chasing squad's failure? And they atleast paid with their lives for this. What has IB to show except leaks that they informed. Do they have the courage to name their spokesman who is leaking anonymously to blame the dead people.

Wehn Patle created the IPS as a natioanl cadre he hoped there will be an espirit d' corps developed in the police management level. Looks like they have developed a jackal spirit/instinct that makes them pretend they did their job when they didnt?
Tell it to the child whose parents were butchered at Chabad House.

Can NSA tell the remaining KRC members how the system failed again? This after the GOM report adding to the KRC.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Have you noticed that after the captured terrorist from Pakistan has spilled each information
the statements are coming from US regarding the terrorists belonging to Let etc.
Ah... but rogue terrorists as opposed to official terrorists.

They are providing Hafiz Saeed with plausible deniability. He did not know you see, and therefore the ISI did not know. Everybody is rogue.
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Friends, a round of applause for TOIlet since it is back in form with headlines. Modi and Togadia videos motivated the jihadis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Modi ... 789413.cms
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Raja Bose wrote:[
ramana saar,

He shot 8 policemen (Salaskar, Kamte, Karkare, 4 constables, police SI at girgaum chowpatty), not 5.
Even more.

Two cops at CST
Two more at Cama (in which ACP Date was injured)
Six in the Qualis
One at the Girgaum Chowpatty naka

Eleven cops killed out of all this - and countless wounded.

I really dont see him living beyond his thirties.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Abhi_G wrote:Friends, a round of applause for TOIlet since it is back in form with headlines. Modi and Togadia videos motivated the jihadis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Modi ... 789413.cms
He and others in the training camps were subjected to severe beatings by their trainers to develop resistance against any kind of interrogation.
Wonder what kind of interrogation is he undergoing now?
amar_
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amar_ »

Paki ba$tard$ say that they will procecute terrorists in their own land (which is what they have been doing to Dawoods and memons). What the **** are we waiting for. Let us redraw the map of the world or starve those pigs to death.
Arya Sumantra
BRFite

Post by Arya Sumantra »

Acharya wrote:
This time around things seem too sophisticated for a baki mind to implement from conception to execution. While the sacrificial hardware is definitely from the land of pure but the software behind it all does seem firanghi. In a country that is broke, a halaal mission that also fetches some moolah for eye yes eye would always be welcome. Inter Services available for a fee onlee.
All these other countries that now ask India to show evidence immediately yelled Al-Qaeda without any evidence.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Jagan wrote: I really dont see him living beyond his thirties.
You are too kindhearted....you are actually giving him 6 years of additional life which he probably doesnt have. :twisted:
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://in.reuters.com/article/southAsia ... 1920081203

Mullen urges Pakistan to act against all jihadis

Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:24pm IST
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff urged Pakistan on Wednesday to broaden its campaign against jihadi groups as part of a U.S. diplomatic efforts to defuse tensions between Pakistan and India after last week's militant attacks on Mumbai.

Admiral Mike Mullen flew in for talks with Pakistan's 8-month-old civilian government and military officials earlier on Wednesday, while U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was in New Delhi to consult with the Indian government.

Mullen urged Pakistani officials to "investigate aggressively any and all possible ties to groups in Pakistan" and "take more, and more concerted, action against militant extremists elsewhere in the cuntry".
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

wheels within wheels.

Taxonomy of terrorists.....

1) Official terrorists (those who dont attack west but may attack if baksheesh not provided on time),
2) Rogue terrorists (those who attack non-west with few expendable western people caught in middle),
3) Terrorists with a grievance (aka home grown terrorists/gunmen/bandits/militants, those who only attack non-western/non-israeli people, immediately forgiven),
4) Inhuman terrorists (those who attack west/israel),
5) Freedom loving terrorists (aka Freedom fighters/Revolutionaries, those who are currently in pay of west).
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Recieved by email

LETTER TO PRIME MINISTER

Dear Mr. Prime minister
I am a typical mouse from Mumbai. In the local train compartment which has capacity of 100 persons, I travel with 500 more mouse. Mouse at least squeak but we don't even do that.
Today I heard your speech. In which you said 'NO BODY WOULD BE SPARED'. I would like to remind you that fourteen years has passed since serial bomb blast in Mumbai took place. Dawood was the main conspirator. Till today he is not caught. All our bolywood actors, our builders, our Gutka king meets him but your Government can not catch him. Reason is simple; all your ministers are hand in glove with him. If any attempt is made to catch him everybody will be exposed. Your statement 'NOBODY WOULD BE SPARED' is nothing but a cruel joke on this unfortunate people of India.
Enough is enough. As such after seeing terrorist attack carried out by about a dozen young boys I realize that if same thing continues days are not away when terrorist will attack by air, destroy our nuclear reactor and there will be one more Hiroshima.
We the people are left with only one mantra. Womb to Bomb to Tomb. You promised Mumbaikar Shanghai what you have given us is Jalianwala Baug.
Today only your home minister resigned. What took you so long to kick out this joker? Only reason was that he was loyal to Gandhi family. Loyalty to Gandhi family is more important than blood of innocent people, isn't it?
I am born and bought up in Mumbai for last fifty eight years. Believe me corruption in Maharashtra is worse than that in Bihar. Look at all the politician, Sharad Pawar, Chagan Bhujbal, Narayan Rane, Gopinath Munde, Vilasrao Deshmukh all are rolling in money. Vilasrao Deshmukh is one of the worst Chief minister I have seen. His only business is to increase the FSI every other day, make money and send it to Delhi so Congress can fight next election. Now the clown has found new way and will increase FSI for fisherman so they can build concrete house right on sea shore. Next time terrorist can comfortably live in those house , enjoy the beauty of sea and then attack the Mumbai at their will.
Recently I had to purchase house in Mumbai. I met about two dozen builders. Everybody wanted about 30% in black. A common person like me knows this and with all your intelligent agency & CBI you and your finance minister are not aware of it. Where all the black money goes? To the underworld isn't it? Our politicians take help of these goondas to vacate people by force. I myself was victim of it. If you have time please come to me, I will tell you everything.
If this has been land of fools, idiots then I would not have ever cared to write you this letter. Just see the tragedy, on one side we are reaching moon, people are so intelligent and on other side you politician has converted nectar into deadly poison. I am everything Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Schedule caste, OBC, Muslim OBC, Christian Schedule caste, Creamy Schedule caste only what I am not is INDIAN. You politician have raped every part of mother India by your policy of divide and rule.
Take example of former president Abdul Kalam. Such a intelligent person, such a fine human being. You politician didn't even spare him. Your party along with opposition joined the hands, because politician feels they are supreme and there is no place for good person.
Dear Mr Prime minister you are one of the most intelligent person, most learned person. Just wake up, be a real SARDAR. First and foremost expose all selfish politician. Ask Swiss bank to give name of all Indian account holder. Give reins of CBI to independent agency. Let them find wolf among us. There will be political upheaval but that will better than dance of death which we are witnessing every day. Just give us ambient where we can work honestly and without fear. Let there be rule of law. Everything else will be taken care of.
Choice is yours Mr. Prime Minister. Do you want to be lead by one person or you want to lead the nation of 100 Crore people?
Prakash B. Bajaj
Chandralok 'A" Wing, Flat No 104
97 Nepean Sea Road
Mumbai 400 036
Phone 98210-71194

John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

A million strong Mafia rules Billion people.

Bleeding by thousand cuts phase 2

Jugular veins of the elephant have been bitten by hoardes of spotted terrorist Hayenas

The elephant is trumpeting for Justice but there is no Indian elephant in the herd

Some from far lands are promising to hunt Hayenas, if they could be allowed to ride again

As times goes on the jungle is turning amber with son light fading
Karthi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karthi »

vinay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinay »

The musharaffs at Yaahoo keep posting videos labeled "...Mumbai gunnmen.."

My feedback yesterday:
There is a link to a video named "Husband and wife recount close call with Mumbai gunman." The terrorists who attacked Mumbai were neither from Mumbai nor did they live there. Hence the term "Mumbai gunman is misleading and very offensive considering the city of Mumbai has suffered greatly. As an example, would Yahoo have labelled the 9/11 attackers as New York pilots? As I recall, the 9/11 perpetrators were unequivocally called terrorists. The Government of India has stated that the terrorists were Pakistani in origin. I would request Yahoo to change the name to something like "Husband and wife recount close call with terrorist in Mumbai." Thank you
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

The symbol is similar to inquilab - commie
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

More power to Shri. Prakash B. Bajaj.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Step 1 is not possible.

Step 2 is and should be rebooted.
Vivek_A
BRFite

Post by Vivek_A »

So the plan is to bore them to death?

This is f'ed up at some many levels.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

vinay wrote:The musharaffs at Yaahoo keep posting videos labeled "...Mumbai gunnmen.."

My feedback yesterday:
There is a link to a video named "Husband and wife recount close call with Mumbai gunman." The terrorists who attacked Mumbai were neither from Mumbai nor did they live there. Hence the term "Mumbai gunman is misleading and very offensive considering the city of Mumbai has suffered greatly. As an example, would Yahoo have labelled the 9/11 attackers as New York pilots? As I recall, the 9/11 perpetrators were unequivocally called terrorists. The Government of India has stated that the terrorists were Pakistani in origin. I would request Yahoo to change the name to something like "Husband and wife recount close call with terrorist in Mumbai." Thank you

Seems to have worked. 404 error
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

ramana wrote:Raveen. Chodo. Dont be side tracked.

Meanwhile

Mumbai Cops were warned time and again:IB

This is getting ridiculous. The buckpassig has to stop. If IB had such high credibility info how come they act like the chowkidar who yells "Jagte Raho!" Why didnt they and their bosses inform the NSA....
NDTV anchor (Omkar?) asked Arun Shourie about how exactly intelligence info is passed among the goverment agencies. The answer was not exactly clear, but Shourie did say that "you don't need to send it by registered post, the information is out in the public", what he meant was that if the threat is so obvious and dangerous, people in charge should have picked up the signals and statements.

What india lacks is a centralized processing agency of intelligence. That was also fixed in the US (with the homeland security head as the point man to take action based on inputs from many different agencies). In india there is even more politicised departments and even more bureaucracy (for example Indian Navy asking the maharashtra police chief to send the request for MARCOS in writing),

to fix such a system that is based on 60 year old british system requires top down change in the entire government.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/US_s ... 789520.cms

US sets stage for strikes if Pak does not act:

3 Dec 2008, 2304 hrs IST, Chidanand Rajghatta, TNN

WASHINGTON: The United States has set the stage for punitive internationally-backed strikes by India
against terrorist camps in Pakistan, if
Islamabad does not act first to dismantle them, by rejecting President Zardari’s alibi that non-state actors were responsible for the last week’s carnage in Mumbai.

The game-changer, outlined by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, among others, robs Islamabad of the fig leaf that Zardari used in his interview on Larry King Live that ''stateless actors'' are holding the whole world hostage and Pakistan was not to blame. Rice said in effect that the excuse does not absolve Pakistan responsibility for terrorist acts that originate from its territory.

Although US officials have not outright approved immediate punitive Indian strikes against terrorist targets in Pakistan, it is clear Rice has bought time for Islamabad to prove its bonafides and promise of cooperation. Pakistan has a ''special responsibility'' and needs to act ''urgently'' she said, even as India has indicated it will wait for a Pakistani response to its demands before any punitive action.

In Washington, experts pressed the administration to expand the scope of punitive strikes to an international level to avoid making it an India-Pakistan issue, particularly since the death toll included citizens of 10 countries.

''Rather than simply begging the Indians to show restraint, a better option could be to internationalise the response. Have the international community declare that parts of Pakistan have become ungovernable and a menace to international security,'' Robert Kagan, an influential analyst with the Carnegie Endowment, said.

''Would such an action (strikes) violate Pakistan's sovereignty?'' Kagan asked in an op-ed, and answered, ''Yes, but nations should not be able to claim sovereign rights when they cannot control territory from which terrorist attacks are launched.''

Rice echoed this outlook more discreetly and cautiously.

Pakistan's civilian government has sought to portray its helplessness in governing its own territory. In fact, in a startling slip noted by the Economist, Zardari said in a television interview last week that ''if any evidence points towards any individual or group in MY PART OF THE COUNTRY,'' he would take action. The implication, it said, was Pakistan was already severed if with parts of the country out of federal control.

While US position towards Pakistan has hardened perceptibly after the Mumbai attack, Indian officials are still leery about Washington’s approach. The hard part to swallow for New Delhi is that the Bush administration, while pushing for a strategic relationship with India, has bankrolled what some are already dubbing a terrorist state to the tune of $ 10 billion since 2002. Most of the money, according to the US government’s own audit, has gone towards building Pakistan's military muscle against India.

On Tuesday, even as Rice counselled patience and restraint in New Delhi, India’s Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon made the rounds in Washington, explaining India’s position and the growing anger across the country after Pakistan’s latest provocation.

Menon packed more than a dozen meetings, including with former intelligence czar and Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte, Under Secretary of State William Burns, House speaker Nancy Pelosi and several top lawmakers as Washington struggled to contain Indian outrage. New Delhi’s message was uniform: India’s patience is wearing thin.

The Indian Embassy said later that ''unequivocal condemnation of the (Mumbai) incident and the need for the perpetrators to be held accountable was reiterated,'' at the meetings. It was also indicated that there would be full cooperation and support at various levels, including government, from the US to India as it dealt with the consequences of the incident, it added.

From all accounts, India too appears to be preparing ground for punitive action if Pakistan fails to respond and act adequately.

Rice will proceed to Islamabad on Thursday to read the riot act while U.S Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen is expected to arrive in New Delhi as part of U.S playbook to keep a stream of visitors in the region in order to prevent outbreak of immediate hostilities.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

i will vote for mr prakash bajaj as the next prime minister - such a moving letter! thanks for posting.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

this lahori logic is confoosing me:

LeT was banned by pakistan after 2002 attack on indian parliament.
So if LeT was banned, then it can not exist.
Then how come LeT denied responsibility for Mumbai Massacre?
That means they were un-banned the next day?

What does "ban" mean in paki-satan?
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

er....
SIMI was banned many saal pehle for terrorism in India.
Yet in 2006 when the alleged LtCol and the alleged Saadhvi allegedly got the 1 Megaton of RDX, they were allegedly able to find a SIMI office thriving right inside Maharashtra.

What does "ban" mean in India, TSP would ask.. also, I never understood why it was considered wrong to inflate a terrorist office, except that whoever imbeciles did it, caused collateral damage among Indians.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

kobe wrote:this lahori logic is confoosing me:

LeT was banned by pakistan after 2002 attack on indian parliament.
So if LeT was banned, then it can not exist.
Then how come LeT denied responsibility for Mumbai Massacre?
That means they were un-banned the next day?

What does "ban" mean in paki-satan?

The joke is on Indiots, the Bhindian residents of the Hindoo fundamentalist republic of Bharat for even allowing the government and media to tell us these idiotic things that Pakistan claims to be doing and pretend that all is well.

The Pakistani government is full of liars. But hey - surprise surprise - the Indian government too is full of a bunch of liars who lie to us.

Like a comedy show from the 1980s in the UK - "The Two Ronnies" - Ronnie Corbett would say "And it's good night from me" and Ronnie Barker would add. "And it's good night from him"

The Pakistanis lie to us
The Indian government and media repeat the same lies to us.

And guess what - as of yesterday the Pakistani media are blaming Hindu terrorists.

In one month these Mumbai attacks will be forgotten and the Congres will have to use the exact statements being made by the Pakistani media and goverment now as their main election plank. Hindu terrorists. No evidence that they were from Pakistan" "Dawood not involved"

You scratch my back I will scratch yours. You shove a rod up India's backside, and I will help you twist it and keep it there.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Vivek_A wrote:

So the plan is to bore them to death?

This is f'ed up at some many levels.
Lot of hot air from Vardarajan. Looks like about the only 'tough' stance MMS & Co will take is to say nothing doing to Obama's plan to 'resolve Kashmir' so TSP will go after so called "Al Queda".

Until the next TSP attack ...
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Details at Cama.

Things get a bit murky. I am starting to think attack on ATS chief was a hit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Patni wrote:Details at Cama.

Patni, Conspiracy theory has to fit the facts. The ATS was ambushed by the two terrorists one of whom was caught and is with the ATS as we write. The ATS squad is a victim of bad BPJs, bad decision to all pile inot one car to rush to hospital where there colleague was admittted after being shot. I dont understand the Indian police penchant to rush to crime scene. Why do they have to be there? same thin in Hydearabd after the terrorist shot the CI policeman, the senior officials rsuhed to scene. If those were persistent guys it would be another disaster.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

ramana wrote:
Patni wrote:Details at Cama.

Patni, Conspiracy theory has to fit the facts. The ATS was ambushed by the two terrorists one of whom was caught and is with the ATS as we write. The ATS squad is a victim of bad BPJs, bad decision to all pile inot one car to rush to hospital where there colleague was admittted after being shot. I dont understand the Indian police penchant to rush to crime scene. Why do they have to be there? same thin in Hydearabd after the terrorist shot the CI policeman, the senior officials rsuhed to scene. If those were persistent guys it would be another disaster.
Not true always but may point to lack of capability (tools and training) of the force, to manage critical events.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

ramana,

Can you discount the fact that some locals were monitoring the police transmissions and had given the terrorists warning and enough time to setup ambush along the route? In that case it would be a hit.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

It is almost a week since the shootout. What has the central government done?

Other than sending out the incompetent Home Minister and the CM and Depy CM of Maharashtra, a spineless, insipid and dare I say insensitive address to the nation by the PM, followed by another one at IISc. and another one from the QueenBee near the LOC. NOTHING, nada, zilch.

Oh yes! we resent the fax to Pakistan sent earlier by Jaswant Singh. Not even updated the damn thing.

What we have not done is even more amazing. There was a huge rally, turnout, picnic, mass healing or whatever you want to call it. Lots and lots of crowd, and near there, in the CST no less, remanant explosives of the terrorists recovered at the same time. Sanitation efforts? what is that you may well ask?

The PMO which runs the intelligence set up is presiding over an open turf war. Last time around, the intelligence agencies were blamed for generic inputs and no alerts. This time around they want to save their backsides and are leaking against everyone. The uniformed services have been no better, even the Navy Chief and Police leaking from their side.

The least the PM and his cabinet can do is to start working as a government for a change. Bloody idiots can they at least not get their act together now instead of having endless meetings and wringing their hands helplessly. Stop the leaks and get into action.

A week has passed there is NO ONE from the government telling the nation on what are they doing right now to avoid another carnage, what will they be doing in the future, and more importantly, how are they going to make Pakistan pay. This is what Indians want to hear and see.

As an Indian citizen, I am not bothered about whether the evidence you have gathered convinces Rice or Obama or anyone else.

I am sure I speak for most Indians Mr. PM, we are convinced that Pakistan is behind this and they need to pay. We know it will cost us more blood and lives, but we are ready to pay that price, just get on with the job of making them pay. Make them pay disproportinately more. We dont care if the paki government did it or the LET did it. They are not different to each other. If Pakistan government wants to save itself and Pakistan, they have to handover the perpetrators and close down the terror factory. If not, they should feel disproportinate retribution for what they have done. It is demeaning to see the GoI present evidence to the so called international community. Don't anyone of you have any spine left?

I am a common Indian. This is my home. I dont want to go anywhere else. I own no other passport. I have nowhere else to go. My home has been attacked, my people have been killed, raped and pillaged mercilessly by my neighbours. I want to protect my home and kill those who attack me.

It is really that simple, clear and black and white.

If the present Government cannot do this, let them get out of governance. Quit the Government. If the Queen Bee cannot face terror, she can reactivate her original emigration plans that she had in the late seventies. The way the PM is acting as if everything is normal and twiddling his thumbs it looks like he is a Lower Division Clerk of the Queen Bee and not as a Prime Minister of India.

This is indeed one of the worst administrations in post independence India. Achieving this status is no mean feat considering some of the past ones, mind you. I have half a mind to join politics and help clean up the mess, but whom can you join? None of them have put India front. NONE. And less said about the media and press the better. It is frustrating.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Were the Mumbai Terrorists Fueled by Coke?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20081204/w ... 9186404900

By BRUCE CRUMLEY Bruce Crumley – 46 mins ago
Mumbai: Were they warned? Play Video Australia 7 News – Mumbai: Were they warned?

India says all options open with Pakistan after Mumbai attacks AFP/NDTV/File – NDTV image shows one of the Islamic gunmen entering Mumbai train station during last week's terror …

Did the jihadists who tore up Mumbai last week rely on party drugs usually associated with Western decadence to stay awake and alert throughout their three-day killing spree? Britain's Telegraph newspaper suggests that they did, citing unidentified officials claiming physical evidence shows the assailants used cocaine and other stimulants to sustain their violent frenzy. And if the notion of self-anointed holy warriors on a coke binge sounds incongruous, the report also maintains that the killers imbibed the psychedelic drug LSD while fighting advancing security forces.

"We found injections containing traces of cocaine and LSD left behind by the terrorists, and later found drugs in their blood," the Telegraph was told by one official, whose nationality and relation to the investigation were not specified. "This explains why they managed to battle the commandos for over 50 hours with no food or sleep." (See the terrorism in Mumbai.)

The hallucinogenic and sensory-distorting effects of LSD make it an unlikely combat drug, even for kamikaze assailants who were, after all, seeking to kill as many people as possible before their own inevitable death. But the suggestion that the Mumbai jihadists may have amped themselves up on stimulants typically forbidden by their strict Salafist brand of Islam strikes some experts as plausible, particularly within the twisted jihadist logic in which holy ends justify impious means.

"We've never seen instances of operatives using drugs in attacks before, but we've also never seen the kind of open-ended, insurgent-style strike of civilian targets by Islamists prior to Mumbai," says Jean-Louis BruguiÈre, who retired this year as France's chief counterterrorism investigator to take a top post in the transatlantic Terrorist Finance Tracking Program. BruguiÈre had no information to confirm or deny the reported cocaine binge by the Mumbai assailants, but he believes that discounting it out of hand would be naive.

"Why wouldn't attackers do something forbidden by their religious practice - to take drugs or anything else - that could help them achieve what they consider the far more important goal of their plot in striking a blow for God?" BruguiÈre asks. "Adepts of the Takfir wal-Hijra sect will adopt what Islam considers impure behavior of enemy societies, like drinking alcohol, eating pork and wild living, to better prepare attacks for those same societies. That's what Mohamed Atta and the other 9/11 attackers did while plotting in the U.S. If terrorists feel jihad justifies impious acts to prepare strikes, why wouldn't that rationalization also apply to carrying attacks out?"

Independent French terrorism expert Roland Jacquard is a little more skeptical of the report, however, at least as far as it claimed some of the fighters had used narcotics to numb themselves to pain as death approached. Though he understands the strategic logic of assailants using stimulants to overcome fatigue as their attack wears on - conventional armies, including the U.S. military, have used stimulants to counter combat fatigue - he does not believe the stern Salafist prohibition of soporifics would be ignored as the end loomed.

"We're talking about people who think they're killing for God and who are certain they'll attain paradise by slaying innocent people. The most powerful drug they could ever find is already in their head before the attack starts," says Jacquard. "There's a very strong antidrug culture among Salafists - most don't even use tobacco. And extremists with any drug experience usually say Islam is what allowed them escape it."

The Telegraph story also quotes an official saying traces of steroids had been found in the bloodstreams of Mumbai attackers - something the unnamed source says "isn't uncommon in terrorists." If so, it's a well-kept secret that runs counter to jihadists' disdain of external "impurities" being used to attain physical fitness they often extol. But for BruguiÈre, wrangling over those kinds of details is simply a counterproductive attempt to create a precise, predictable stereotype of a terrorist in what is, in fact, a diverse, rapidly changing, amorphous milieu of extremists. (Read "Mumbai's Terror Is Over, but Panic Persists.")

"It's now clear the Mumbai group was connected to the Pakistan-supported Lashkar-e-Taiba, but it takes a while before we know how close and structured that relationship was and how much autonomy the attacking unit was operating with," BruguiÈre says. "LeT is keen to export its fight throughout the region and world but will do so in loose relationships with myriad extremist movements out there. Some will use car explosions, others kamikaze bombers, and others insurgent terrorists who - just maybe - decide to use drugs to keep their strike going longer. If we want to prepare for the way we may be attacked next, we have to start considering all the ways we haven't been attacked yet, as well as the ones we know."
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122782332649762273.html
Still, it is clear that Pakistan fears being surrounded by a three-way alliance of the U.S., India and Afghanistan, and the U.S.-India nuclear deal fed such fears. "We don't see the U.S. as a neutral broker anymore," said a senior Pakistani official. "We don't think this is how we should be repaid for our support in fighting al Qaeda."