BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
krish.pf
BRFite

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Post by krish.pf »

Hi,

I can't seem to send PMs. Is it post count activated? If yes then after how many posts?

Thanks.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

krish.pf wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to send PMs. Is it post count activated? If yes then after how many posts?

Thanks.
Only forum moderators can send PMs. Mostly used for sending warnings to erring members 8)
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

As the IDF fiasco shows, giving PMs to non-djinn members like us can be a BAD thing :mrgreen:
krish.pf
BRFite

Post by krish.pf »

Much thanks for the info guys.

And Rishi, is there a way I can talk to you in private?

Yeah, the IDF thing is really bad. But still it's nothing compared to the Indian flag on PDF for 2 days. And I learnt that the Flag image's origin was Brazil's British Consulate. Whoever did that is a Genius and more importantly a die-hard patriot.
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Its real bad yaar..They are bugging the IDF owner with lot of calls and some them are saying that since they know the address of the guy , they will pay him a visit!!!!
Some body from that useless forum has also planned to Send complain to his Company to get him fired for racially abusing pakis!!!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

paki is not a race, it is a state of the mind. 8)
don't get too worked up, there's nothing those pakis can do.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Crap ... tell the guy not to be worried they are just playing with his mind. He is sitting in India and nobody can touch him. And never forget there are Indian authorities on his side.
kidoman wrote:Its real bad yaar..They are bugging the IDF owner with lot of calls and some them are saying that since they know the address of the guy , they will pay him a visit!!!!
Some body from that useless forum has also planned to Send complain to his Company to get him fired for racially abusing pakis!!!
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Aditya G wrote:Crap ... tell the guy not to be worried they are just playing with his mind. He is sitting in India and nobody can touch him. And never forget there are Indian authorities on his side.
kidoman wrote:Its real bad yaar..They are bugging the IDF owner with lot of calls and some them are saying that since they know the address of the guy , they will pay him a visit!!!!
He resides in London actually...
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

As HariC suggested, if any threatening calls or mails are received just inform the authorities. Rest London pandus will take care of.

But that service provider should get a kick in behind for making Bakis dream come true :mrgreen:
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

are yaar, pandoos in UK and US are anyday more proactive than the India pandus. :D They will take the charges more seriously.

In the US, a girl committed sucide after being stalked on facebook and it was all over the news. the people who stalked her were dragged into court and their faces pasted all over the news. they take this shit very seriously.

i mean. if i was one sitting in scotland yard, I would jump to 'interrogate' a few dozen brown paki e-stalkers from bradford (or whatever packee ghetto it turns out to be) :D
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Rahul M wrote:paki is not a race, it is a state of the mind. 8)
don't get too worked up, there's nothing those pakis can do.
That is if there is anything there akin to what one would call a mind!

And anyway the IDF owner is a good chap and I am sure he would have activated the authorities, who, in any case, are not too enamoured with the Pakistanis/ Pakistani origin bad hats.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

I don't know if it's been suggested before. But can we have RSS feeds for every thread? Its easier to track the story that way.

AFAIK, there are quite a few feed burning sites like feedburner dot com etc which can be used for free. Please forgive me if my suggestion is a bit impractical coz this kafir's knowledge is limited to simple copy-paste blogging. :)
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

its kind of a war by pakistan. dont we have any answer?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

earlier posted at another thread by mistake.

A few questions:

1) Why is the "Forum feed temporarily offline" now permanent?
2) While posting, we can either post a URL like ordinary text or embedd it between [ url /] tags. In either case, the rendering of the link is the same! So whats the difference?
3) Earlier links in BR used to open in a new window, which was desirable since we could continue with the BR page. So why does the link now open in the same window ?? This is very annoying.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Sathish_A wrote:this data, which has email, passwords, login names, IPs and they want to use this to maximise the damage. Poor souls...don't know how many are going to lose their email IDs forever
It doesn't add up : - If the script kiddies accessed the db then they would get the member's account name, login password and just the email id
How does the question of the member losing his email id arise? His account may be signed up for recieving spam - an irritant but no losing access to email account will occur
But if the statement is made assuming that the password used is same in both places, then a simple answer - The person deserves it
p_saggu wrote:Is it possible for IP adressess and therefore my location to be traced by chin-paks if I post on BRF?
Once your IP address addressed has been determined by gleaning through the accesed db, you Geo-location will be traced to the IP address range serving your ISP's needs in that region

For a BSNL user, this would mean his Geo-location being tracked with accuracy ranging from the city's main telephone exchange to upto a district seperated twice over. [assimin BSNL/MTNL]

Mere posting on BRF wont quite revel your IP as BRF does not permit the use of HTML/Jvascript siggies [or for that matter any siggies :(]

They ain't going to locate you down to your Apartment number and room in which you sitting....that is confined only within the releams of a Holly muvee :D
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

passwords are encrypted even in DB.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

If people are concerned about issues of privacy, please install Tor.
Information to install and configure Tor can be found here.
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

There is some problem with the main page.

The part below is shown in the page.

Gallery 2.3 upgrader

Welcome

Upgrading Gallery 2 requires 7 steps. This upgrade tool will guide you through these steps and provide assistance along the way if additional steps are required. Please read the Help File before proceeding.

If you have a busy site, consider putting your Gallery in maintenance mode. This gives visitors a message that the site is temporarily offline, rather than showing everybody this upgrade page. Edit your config.php file to activate maintenance mode.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

uddu wrote:There is some problem with the main page.
Likely hacked again.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Not really. Seems some problem with the image software. It's showing the upgrade option instead of the images. Admins take note.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

It works now
brar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by brar »

so does anyone know if IDF is coming back or not?
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

brar wrote:so does anyone know if IDF is coming back or not?
Talked with the owner , said that he was working with a guy to restore it.But it is difficult and will take some time.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Prasant wrote:If people are concerned about issues of privacy, please install Tor.
Information to install and configure Tor can be found here
Tor is not safe. Better use proxy servers or anonymizer software.
A Swedish hacker tells how he infiltrated a global communications network used by scores of embassies over the world, using tools freely available on the internet.
The 22-year-old Swedish security consultant had merely installed free, open-source software - called Tor - on five computers in data centres around the globe and monitored it. Ironically, Tor is designed to prevent intelligence agencies, corporations and computer hackers from determining the virtual - and physical - location of the people who use it.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/security/the ... e=fullpage
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Avinash R wrote:
Prasant wrote:If people are concerned about issues of privacy, please install Tor.
Information to install and configure Tor can be found here
Tor is not safe. Better use proxy servers or anonymizer software.
A Swedish hacker tells how he infiltrated a global communications network used by scores of embassies over the world, using tools freely available on the internet.
The 22-year-old Swedish security consultant had merely installed free, open-source software - called Tor - on five computers in data centres around the globe and monitored it. Ironically, Tor is designed to prevent intelligence agencies, corporations and computer hackers from determining the virtual - and physical - location of the people who use it.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/security/the ... e=fullpage
There is no absolute safety or privacy on the internet.
Some of the passwords hacked were plain moronic. Sample this:

Code: Select all

Indian Embassy in Belgium 212.100.160.114 commercial@indembassy.be india01
Mongolian Embassy in USA 209.213.221.249 esyam@mongolianembassy.us temp
Mongolian Embassy in USA 209.213.221.249 j.mendee@mongolianembassy.us temp
Mongolian Embassy in USA 209.213.221.249 n.tumenbayar@mongolianembassy.us temp
UK Visa Application Centre in Nepal 208.109.119.54 vfsuknepal@vfs-uk-np.com Password
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Attention Please:
Dmurphy wrote:I don't know if it's been suggested before. But can we have RSS feeds for every thread? Its easier to track the story that way.

AFAIK, there are quite a few feed burning sites like feedburner dot com etc which can be used for free. Please forgive me if my suggestion is a bit impractical.
RSS feeds do make life easier... :lol:
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Dmurphy wrote:Attention Please:
Dmurphy wrote:I don't know if it's been suggested before. But can we have RSS feeds for every thread? Its easier to track the story that way.

AFAIK, there are quite a few feed burning sites like feedburner dot com etc which can be used for free. Please forgive me if my suggestion is a bit impractical.
RSS feeds do make life easier... :lol:
RSS feeds were tried 2 years back or so. I think they were removed because of heavy loads on the server.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

kidoman wrote:
brar wrote:so does anyone know if IDF is coming back or not?
Talked with the owner..
You did?
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

karan_mc wrote:Real shocker that members detail of IDF is now open ,my god even i was a member there some little years ago other then my email i donot think they can find much may be ip also ,i though srirangan who runs the forum was some programmer if i remember correctly he told me he was a php programmer very irresponsible job by the admin there :(( :((
Ouch. Cheap shot Chacko! :mrgreen:
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Was site OK during day? I was trying to access BR a few hours ago from a BSNL leased line and even the main page didn't open, buteverything is working fine this time from another ISP.
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

SriSri wrote:
karan_mc wrote:Real shocker that members detail of IDF is now open ,my god even i was a member there some little years ago other then my email i donot think they can find much may be ip also ,i though srirangan who runs the forum was some programmer if i remember correctly he told me he was a php programmer very irresponsible job by the admin there :(( :((
Ouch. Cheap shot Chacko! :mrgreen:
hi sri when will be IDF online ?? ,what is chacko ?
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Information to install and configure Tor can be found here.
Thanks for mentioning it - slipped my mind

But for tech-challengd paranoids there is a much easier choice - OperaTor
A browser that routes the data through the Tor network.
Just install the browser and surf anonymously
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

To all concerned,the strange case of sum and BR:
1. Able to access BR superbly at home with BSNL broadband. However,only 2 in every 5 posts get accepted!!!! Very frustrating.
2. At office, am able to open BR forums only once in every 4-5 hours(and that too for 5-10 mins before it hangs). Rest of BR site opens fine.

Is it only me or others also facing such wierd problems?
webmaster
BiG Boss - BR Site

Post by webmaster »

sum wrote:To all concerned,the strange case of sum and BR:
1. Able to access BR superbly at home with BSNL broadband. However,only 2 in every 5 posts get accepted!!!! Very frustrating.
2. At office, am able to open BR forums only once in every 4-5 hours(and that too for 5-10 mins before it hangs). Rest of BR site opens fine.

Is it only me or others also facing such wierd problems?
Please drop me an email with your IP address (IP address can be obtained by going to wimi.com).

email the info to: webmaster AT bharat-rakshak dot com

Cheers,
Seetal
Div
BRFite

Post by Div »

Seetal,

Can you please consider making a minor change to the forum software so that external URLs are opened in a new window?

Thx.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I have been not able to access BR Forums from Home - especially during the long holidays. I thought BR Forums was undergoing still DDOS related issues. But it looks like I am able to access it from work. On Monday I thought it was just a random issue, it appears to be similar today too. Was the forums down say about 2 hours ago? I use high speed internet connection at home.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

it must be the cookies
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

It's not a problem with cookies. I tried with different browsers. Users on some ISPs cannot access BR sine last few days
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Adminbabus

It's taking way too long to post, after hitting the submit button. Looks like the old problem is back..
Mayura
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mayura »

Tilak wrote:Adminbabus

It's taking way too long to post, after hitting the submit button. Looks like the old problem is back..
Yeah, i just encountered one :(