Aero India 2009

namit k
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2009

Post by namit k »

i remember the last Aero India show '07was monitored very well on brf and so many pics were shown

is there any preparation/planning to go a step ahead and post even more photos,videos of nearly each every thing that could catch an eye.
i will try it myself,but will ask some crazy brfites to post huge amount of pics , videos,details much more than ever.
I know it would be optimistic to ask that, but what's wrong in it 8)
Last edited by namit k on 30 Jan 2009 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Depends on how many people from BR are able to be there with the required gadgets
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Boeing to showcase broad range of products at Aero India.

The Boeing company will showcase its broad range of capabilities in the commercial and defence markets at the upcoming Aero India 2009, commencing here from February 11.

Boeing Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) will feature two combat-proven F/A-18F Super Hornet strike fighters, one of which will be on display while the other would conduct daily aerial demonstration with a full weapons load during the show, the company said in a statement today.

IDS executives will offer briefings on Boeing Military Aircraft, including the P-81 Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance aircraft recently purchased by the Indian Navy and the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet; Boeing Rotocraft including the CH-47 Chinook and AH-64D Apache and the C-17 Globemaster-III stratgic lift aircraft.

The Boeing commercial airplanes will exhibit large scale models of its family of airplanes in both Customer and Boeing liveries, as well as interactive displays, it said.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Ticket Denomination

Category

Entry to

Dates

Entry Allowed for

Rs 1500

Business Visitors

All Areas except Chalet

11-13 February 2009

Only Business Visitors ( Children are not Allowed at all for Exhibition Area during weekdays)

Rs 800

Business Visitors

All Areas except Chalet

14th -15th February 2009

Business Visitors + Children

Rs 300

General Visitors

Only Air Show ( ADVA Area)

11th -13th February 2009

Adults + Children

Rs 400

General Visitors

Only Air Show ( ADVA Area)

14th -15th February 2009

Adults + Children

Instructions:

Tickets will be available from Selected* State Bank of India Outlets from 3rd February 2009.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

The above is from
http://www.aeroindia.in/tickets.html
and the list of brances where it is available
http://www.aeroindia.in/pdf/sbi_branches.pdf
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Cockpit rendezvous for celebrities at Aero India 09'

BANGALORE: Scenes of the world’s best air warriors indulging in dog fights and aerobatic displays will be a common feature during the Aero India 2009.
Locking horns with these fighter and display pilots will be celebrities from India attired in G-suits and co-piloting some of the most lethal fighter jets during the bi-annual aero show to be held from February 11 to 15 at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka.
Foreign participants who will be displaying their most potent aircraft are keen on having celebrities in their aircraft cockpits and also taking them on sorties during the aero show.
US aviation major Lockheed Martin which will have the F-16 and the C130J aircraft on the flying display side during Aero India, has said that it is keen to invite a few guests to co-pilot its aircraft.
“We have invites right now to some special people, but have no firm names as of yet,” Lockheed Martin Officials in India confirmed to The Express.
The US Embassy in New Delhi is said to have already sent invites to a few guests to fly the test or co-pilot the aircraft of some of the American companies which will be taking part during Aero India.
“The companies will not decide on whom or how many to invite. It will be done by the US Embassy which has already sent invitations to a few guests whose names cannot be disclosed at the moment,” said company officials.
While the list of Indian celebrities is awaited, the speculation is that flying enthusiasts and industrialists, including those involved in the aviation industry, will don the G-suits.
Among the companies and aircraft which are keen to have the guest pilots on board are those which are lobbying hard to bag the contract for the 126 multi-role combat aircraft which the Indian Air Force (IAF) plans to acquire.
During the last edition of Aero India in 2007, Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata co-piloted the F-16 and also Boeing’s F-18 Super Hornet. Both the companies are in the race for bagging the contract to supply 126 multi-role combat aircraft, as IAF plans to conduct flight trials in March.
AmitR
BRFite

Post by AmitR »

Does anyone have good information about the type of facilities that are provided at the venue. I am planning to got to Aero India show and want to know what is allowed and what are the things necessary to survive there for a day.

1) Are there proper seating arrangements or is it just open enclosure and visitors need to stand the whole day.
2) Also, since many places have security restrictions do they allow us to carry cell phones, cameras, bags and other electronic equipment. If not it makes no sense to go there.
3) What is the difference between the Rs. 1500 ticket and the Rs. 800 ticket. Do you get access to more areas if you purchase the 1500 ticket. 8)
vinzsagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinzsagar »

Hi All,

I am from Bangalore..I am an aviation enthusiast for the past 3+ years and everyday visitor of "livefist"blog of Shiv-ji ... :) :) :) :)

I want to watch view excellent air display as well as static and halls.. Want to know which ticket allow me to do those :?: :?: ...

Also, do the A380 will make a visit to Bangalore during Aero India 2009 ??? ( Would love to view the World's largest passenger JeT)
S_Chadha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by S_Chadha »

what fighter planes will be on display?

eurofighter? su-35?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Link
AN-124, holder of 30 world records

Bangalore: The Bengaluru International Airport (BIA) played host to a code F cargo aircraft(An-124), which is the third largest in the world. It flew in from Leipzig, Germany loaded with equipment for the impending Aero India 2009 and headed back after offloading at the BIA.
The An-124 Russian airplanes have set 30 world records, including lifting 171,219kg of cargo to 10,750m. It is fitted with a swept back supercritical wing to give high aerodynamic efficiency. The loading and unloading of the aircraft is fast and efficient as the fuselage nose can be hinged upward to open the front cargo hatch and there is a rear cargo hatch in the rear fuselage.
An-124 is a cargo aircraft that has a payload capacity of up to 150 tonnes.It is designed for long-range delivery and air dropping of heavy and large cargo. An-124 Specifications ?The aircraft fuselage has a double-deck layout. The cockpit, the relief crew compartment and the passenger cabin for 88 seats are on the upper deck. The lower deck is the cargo hold.
?The landing gear is self-orienting and incorporates a kneeling mechanism which allows an adjustable fuselage clearance to assist the loading and unloading of self-propelled equipment. ?There are 34 computers functioning aboard the aircraft, combined into four main systems: navigation, automatic piloting, remote control and monitoring.
31/01/09 ExpressBuzz
So, the big birds start migrating to Bengaluru...
namit k
BRFite

Post by namit k »

600 arms firms to take part in Aero India-'09
New Delhi: With India looking to induct a large number of aircraft, helicopters and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) in the coming years, almost 600 armament companies are expected to take part in the Aero India-2009 to be held in Bangalore next February.
"Around 330 companies from 50 countries and 270 firms from India are likely to take part in this 7th edition of the biennial international aerospace exposition," said a defence ministry official on Monday.
Nearly 100 different types of aircraft, both civil and military, will be on display," he added, after the first meeting of the apex committee for Aero India-2009, which was chaired by defence minister A K Antony.http://avindia.blogspot.com/2008/08/600 ... -aero.html
this event looks even bigger than 2007
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

shiv wrote: I have too many cameras, but none is the "right" one! . All cameras become obsolete in 2 years. But that apart good photography at airshows requires a "higher level of civilization" than India has reached. Don't kill me for this - I will explain.

Nations like Britain and the US realized long ago that there is a sub-culture of people who love aircraft and catering to that sub-culture by allowing them, to see, touch and take pictures of aircraft is a self-feeding process in which interest in aeronautics and flying is generated spawning a great industry to make a great nation.

In India a photographer is treated like an unnecessary pain. Nothing is done to held a photographer-enthusiast and everything is done to get in his way. Only press photographers - some of whom cannot differentiate between a cow's backside and an afterburner get "press passes" and genuine enthusiast with moderately good cameras have to have "influence" to get into a good place for pictures.

It may anger people if I say this - but Indians at large (even educated ones) are such a primitive people that 50% of the governmental jokers in charge of the airshow and half the population think pilots are glorified drivers. With pilots being glorified drivers what are photographers other than freeloading gawkers and a pain in the neck. The absence of an great aviation industry in India fits in perfectly well with the absence of the recognition and encouragement of a aviation loving culture in India.

You can get the most expensive cameras in India but Aero india does not give a damn for enthusiasts. Pride of place goes to Gandhi topi clad politicians who will speak of "Admiral Fali Major, chief of Ar Staff" and the late "Air marshal Sam Manekshaw"

These jokers who will get the best placed and will be fawned over while a genuine, knowledgeable enthusiast who may help creat a generation of aircraft designers and fighter pilots are swept aside and kept with cotton candy eating picnickers in Aero India.

Sorry about the rant - but just check the Nellis AFB thread.

In India aviation enthusiasts are the wrong caste. They are mlecchas to the Brahmin of the politician and "press photographers"
[/quote]

Doc, that is sad because I remember during my aeronautical engineering studies in college coming across Indian Aviation & Aeronautics Society journals dating back to at least the 1920s- just about the same time as many of the advanced aviation nations in the world.
Avram
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

krishna_j wrote:Ticket Denomination
Thanks a ton Krishnaji... and thx for the link Kaushalji... hope to see you there.

btw, which exactly are the 'chalets'??? these aren't the expo halls rite??
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

BTW even general public can buy business class tickets right?
prasad got your ticket(s)? if not call me.
s sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by s sharma »

k prasad wrote:
krishna_j wrote:Ticket Denomination
Thanks a ton Krishnaji... and thx for the link Kaushalji... hope to see you there.

btw, which exactly are the 'chalets'??? these aren't the expo halls rite??

Chalets are for entertaining prospective clients.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Which is the best day to visit as Business visitors ??
I plan to buy the Rs.1500 ticket. I just wanted to know if the same air show takes place everyday ??
It says that 11th-13th are the business days. Hope to go on 12th.
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

3 IAF MI-17s in White-Blue Camo spotted on a west - east heading.Chucka - Chucka - Chucka!
And a single LCA PV has been going crazy over HAL Airport.The GE 404s are smooth.
ajay_ijn
BRFite

Post by ajay_ijn »

India not to scale down military modernisation in face of global meltdown: MoD official
New Delhi: The global recessionary environment is not likely to impact India's military modernisation programme, which involves the purchase of hardware worth Rs146,430 crore ($30 billion) over the next five years, a top ministry of defence official said Monday.

'The global meltdown is a reality but India's military modernisation will continue as before. There is no question of scaling down our modernisation plans,' secretary (defence production) Pradeep Kumar said. He was addressing a press conference here ahead of the bi-annual AeroIndia 2009 military air show due to open for display at Bangalore from 11-15 February.

The air show has attracted a record 592 exhibitors - 303 from 25 countries and 289 from India - making the seventh edition of the event the biggest yet, Kumar pointed out.

'The offsets (reinvestment) policy provides a tremendous opportunity for foreign manufacturers and events like AeroIndia provide them the ideal opportunity to establish business-to-business contacts,' he added.

'AeroIndia will provide an ideal window of opportunity for companies to not only network with the Indian industry but also to benefit from the sharing of expertise in the fields of R&D production and product support with other global players,' Kumar maintained.

The bulk of the foreign participation - 31 companies each - is from Germany and France, followed by Britain (26), Russia (24), the US (22), Italy (19), Belgium (17), Israel (11) and Australia (10).

A number of foreign aircraft including the F-16, F-18, MiG-35D, Eurofighter, C-17, Embraer 135 business jet, C-130J, Citation XLS, AN-12 Cargo and A-310 MRTT, will be on display.

Indian aerospace major Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will showcase the indigenous Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) and Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter, as also the BAE Systems' Hawk Advanced Jet Trainer (AJT) it is building under license.

Defence ministers from eight countries,, including Bolivia, France, Oman and Peru will be present for the show. Also in attendance will be high-level delegations from 40 countries.

China will be represented for the first time through a token 10-member delegation.

'I would not read too much into this,' Kumar replied when asked whether this was a sign of the growing warmth between the two militaries.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

AmitR wrote:Does anyone have good information about the type of facilities that are provided at the venue. I am planning to got to Aero India show and want to know what is allowed and what are the things necessary to survive there for a day.

1) Are there proper seating arrangements or is it just open enclosure and visitors need to stand the whole day.
2) Also, since many places have security restrictions do they allow us to carry cell phones, cameras, bags and other electronic equipment. If not it makes no sense to go there.
3) What is the difference between the Rs. 1500 ticket and the Rs. 800 ticket. Do you get access to more areas if you purchase the 1500 ticket. 8)
Take a look at this picture of Yelahanka

Seating is there ONLY for the public who buy tickets for "flying display only" and that seating area is marked just above the letter "B" in the picture and it is nowhere near the static displays or the halls which are not accessible from the seating area.

The static display is just outside and opposite the blue colored buildings marked "halls"

Rs 1500 will get you into the static areas and the halls on Business days 11, 12 and 13. Unless you are a child

800 will get you in only on the Public days 14 and 15

Every year security have made a fuss but have always allowed phones and cameras.

You will need a hat, sunglasses and energy to walk around for 4-5 hours.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

shiv wrote:..........
Take a look at this picture of Yelahanka
Shiv, I am planning to come on 12th with a Rs.1500 business pass. Can I help you in anyway ?? I just lost my Cannon Powershot camera with which I hoped to take some good pics! :(( :((
I know some HAL guys!
Last edited by Rahul M on 03 Feb 2009 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: kindly don't quote posts with inline images.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A krish wrote: Shiv, I am planning to come on 12th with a Rs.1500 business pass. Can I help you in anyway ?? I just lost my Cannon Powershot camera with which I hoped to take some good pics! :(( :((
I know some HAL guys!

You may be able to help Kapil - please post your offer of help in the Bangalore BR meet and Aero India thread.
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

To participate in the Bharat Rakshak Bangalore Meet:

Send a mail to anshul dot anand at gmail dot com.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

asprinzl wrote:
shiv wrote: I have too many cameras, but none is the "right" one! . All cameras become obsolete in 2 years. But that apart good photography at airshows requires a "higher level of civilization" than India has reached. Don't kill me for this - I will explain.

Nations like Britain and the US realized long ago that there is a sub-culture of people who love aircraft and catering to that sub-culture by allowing them, to see, touch and take pictures of aircraft is a self-feeding process in which interest in aeronautics and flying is generated spawning a great industry to make a great nation.

In India a photographer is treated like an unnecessary pain. Nothing is done to held a photographer-enthusiast and everything is done to get in his way. Only press photographers - some of whom cannot differentiate between a cow's backside and an afterburner get "press passes" and genuine enthusiast with moderately good cameras have to have "influence" to get into a good place for pictures.

It may anger people if I say this - but Indians at large (even educated ones) are such a primitive people that 50% of the governmental jokers in charge of the airshow and half the population think pilots are glorified drivers. With pilots being glorified drivers what are photographers other than freeloading gawkers and a pain in the neck. The absence of an great aviation industry in India fits in perfectly well with the absence of the recognition and encouragement of a aviation loving culture in India.

You can get the most expensive cameras in India but Aero india does not give a damn for enthusiasts. Pride of place goes to Gandhi topi clad politicians who will speak of "Admiral Fali Major, chief of Ar Staff" and the late "Air marshal Sam Manekshaw"

These jokers who will get the best placed and will be fawned over while a genuine, knowledgeable enthusiast who may help creat a generation of aircraft designers and fighter pilots are swept aside and kept with cotton candy eating picnickers in Aero India.

Sorry about the rant - but just check the Nellis AFB thread.

In India aviation enthusiasts are the wrong caste. They are mlecchas to the Brahmin of the politician and "press photographers"
Doc, that is sad because I remember during my aeronautical engineering studies in college coming across Indian Aviation & Aeronautics Society journals dating back to at least the 1920s- just about the same time as many of the advanced aviation nations in the world.
Avram[/quote]

My two minutes of fame for whining and ranting and whining and ranting and...

AE is not just an international aviation fair / show. It is shear delight to all Indian aviation buffs. It is the manna from heaven for all Indian defence enthusiast. To most BRrites it is simply poetry

AE is not just an international aviation fair / show. It is sheer delight to all Indian government babus working in HAL, NAL etc. It is the time when they brings their wives, children (below what-ever-age), mistresses, uncles, aunts, in-laws, out-laws etc. It is sheer picnic. Where else in the world can you eat a puri bhaji or idli or dosa within a stone throws distance of a state-of-art F 15E !

AE is not just an international aviation fair / show. t is sheer delight to all Indian government babus working in HAL, NAL etc. Have you seen these people simply going to the stalls with open hands do you ahve any complements ?

I was manning a the BR stall for a few hours. A few "gentlemen" from one of the above mentioned agencies coolly took a few of our AE 2007 CDs. When I mentioned that they cost Rs xyz, one b@$%^&d hade the audacity to say that he is a gvenrmnet employ so we must give it it him free of charge. I REFUSED and he went away in a gruff.

AND ALL THESE M%$#@#F&^%#$ERS ARE GIVEN FREE PASSES

I think AE is creating a very poor image, not withstanding the SLUGDOG MILLIONAIRE.

I hope it will be better this time.

Kersi

PS I gave a CD free-of-charge to a couple of nice school girls
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Kersi D wrote: I was manning a the BR stall for a few hours. A few "gentlemen" from one of the above mentioned agencies coolly took a few of our AE 2007 CDs. When I mentioned that they cost Rs xyz, one b@$%^&d hade the audacity to say that he is a gvenrmnet employ so we must give it it him free of charge. I REFUSED and he went away in a gruff.

AND ALL THESE M%$#@#F&^%#$ERS ARE GIVEN FREE PASSES
More power to you saar! 8)

Most of them back off if you politely say you have "to report back" the incident. No one likes "a record of the event", even by a civvy who is vague on who is "back" there to "report to" :D
M Kumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by M Kumar »

Dear All,

I really like to know if 1500 tickets allow you to take close snaps of static display aircraft. Last time I had a business pass but unaware that I had access to see Mig35's from closeup. My question is can we really go close to them, touch them, feel em or are there barricades in between as usually done for normal visitors..
shank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shank »

Can one of the air show veterans clarify my doubts

1. Business visitors tickets cost Rs.800 on 14th and 15th, while its Rs.1500 from Feb 11-13. Any difference in these tickets other than not allowing children on week days?

2. Also would like to know how close you can get to the static display aircraft's with the business visitor tickets?
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

looks like Aero India attract one and all

Military aviation giants coming for Aero India show
For the first time China, which has stayed away from previous air shows, has decided to send a 10-member delegation.
There will not be any Chinese aircraft though.
IIRC the Army had given some Chinese Cos a contract for providing Commn eqpt a couple of years back. Outlook had written a big article.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Suppose Id like to license some of the images on the IAF images section of BR... how would I get in touch with the photographers?
Ravishankar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ravishankar »

The ticket sale will start from tomorrow at the SBI branches
samthesudden
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samthesudden »

Is anyone visiting the Avalon 2009 Airshow (10 to 15th March 2009) near Melbourne?

http://www.airshow.net.au/avalon2009/index.html

I hope to get there as my son will probably love it.

I visited twice in the last 6 years but this time my son will be old enough to enjoy it.

Prehaps i will actually remember my camera this time.

Take care

Sam
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Dhoodhwalla's paanwallah says Rustam UAV is coming along nicely. Will someone talk to some NAL types in AI'09 follow up and post some juicy details ?
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

how many Aero India forums do we have? 8)

ASPuar: Pls mail on kapil at bharat - rakshak dot com

A krish-will mail you

thx

Kapil
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

BEL to showcase Network Centric Warfare capabilities at Aero India 2009::
(January 31, 2009)

Premier Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) will display its Network Centric Warfare (NCW) capabilities and solutions at Aero India 2009. These customer-specific solutions, designed and developed in close association with BEL?s customers, cover the requirements of the Army, Navy and Air Force.

NCW solutions from BEL

Command and Control System solutions for the Army include the Artillery Command, Control and Communications System (ACCS), Battlefield Management System (BMS) and Tactical Communication System (TCS). These, along with the other Army products like Battle Field Surveillance Radar, Communication equipment for various applications and the Air Defence System, AKASH, will be on display.

For the Navy, BEL has developed the Combat Management System (CMS) and the ATM-based Shipboard Data Network (AISDN). These and the other Naval products like Composite Communication System (CCS) and Target Designator will be displayed.

The Integrated Air Command and Control System (IACCS) is the major display for the Air Force. Various Airborne products like Radar Warning Receivers, Radar Finger Printing System and Data Link will also be showcased during the show.

Other systems / equipment on display

BEL's presence at Aero India 2009 will also include the complete range of Opto Electronic products, Contract Manufacturing capabilities and RF ID solutions.

All major sub-systems of AKASH, the guided missile air defence weapon system will be displayed at the outdoor section. The Tactical Communication System and networked Battle Field Surveillance Radars will also be displayed in the outdoor area.

BEL is constantly innovating to manufacture state-of-the-art professional electronic equipment and components for the international as well as domestic markets. BEL manufactures a wide range of Military Communication Systems, Radars and Sonars, Naval Systems, Telecom & Broadcast Systems, Electronic Warfare Systems, Tank Electronics, Opto Electronics, Professional Electronic Components and Solar Powered Systems.

At Aero India 2009, BEL will display selected products and equipment from its wide range which have very good export potential. They include Communication equipment, Command and Control Systems, Radars and Sonars, Opto Electronics and Thermal Imaging products, Electronic Warfare Systems, Tank Electronics, Simulators and Avionic Systems..
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

samthesudden wrote:Is anyone visiting the Avalon 2009 Airshow (10 to 15th March 2009) near Melbourne?

http://www.airshow.net.au/avalon2009/index.html

I hope to get there as my son will probably love it.

I visited twice in the last 6 years but this time my son will be old enough to enjoy it.

Prehaps i will actually remember my camera this time.

Take care

Sam
Sam, I am definitely going for avalon. Its my third time and finally I will manage to get some awesome pics. Couple of me mates are coming along as well with their swish SLRs so that I can horde the pics :mrgreen:

Another BRFite ssharma is planning to come as well.

I will be going on the 14th (sat).

Let me know if you are going on the 14th at anand-83 at hotmail dot com.

Cheers.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kapil, I hope you have seen my mail.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

fishing expeditions have started pre aero India. take with usual salt and pepper.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 072617.cms

India readies $3.1 bn for surveillance buys
4 Feb 2009, 0308 hrs IST, Pankaj Mishra, ET Bureau

BANGALORE: Indias defence authorities plan to procure new surveillance systems and at least 4 new radar-equipped helicopters worth almost $3.1
billion in a bid to modernise the armed forces with more sophisticated weapon systems.

The evaluations are yet to start, but vendors from Germany, Czech, Israel and US have already started exploring contracts worth $3.1 billion, a person familiar with the proposals told ET on conditions of anonymity. He added that the armed forces plan to procure 3 airborne radar, atleast 4 battle-equipped helicopters and around 10-12 new surveillance systems

In December 2003, India had signed a $1.1-billion contract with Israel for procurement of three Phalcon early warning radar systems. The new surveillance systems being discussed do not include the Phalcon contract.

While the procurement of surveillance systems will happen over the next few months, the defence authorities are expected to review battle-equipped helicopters during the Aero India show being held in Bangalore next week.

The procurement of latest surveillance systems will help India move from unmanned surveillance to a more sophisticated system, wherein assessment could be done real time, allowing better intelligence for the armed forces.

With around 23.4 billion military spend in 2007, India is ranked 10th by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute in terms of defence expenditure. This year, the country is expected to spend over $30 billion in procuring latest equipments and systems for modernising its armed forces.

Another person familiar with the developments told ET on conditions of anonymity that Israel-based Elta Systems, Kazan Helicopters of Russia apart from US-headquartered Raytheon are among the companies exploring to bid for these contracts.

An Elta Systems spokesperson based in Israel did not respond to an email query sent by ET on Tuesday. When contacted by ET on Tuesday a defence spokesperson said procurement of such equipments is a complex and time consuming task.

It is complex in terms of procedure, but every effort is made to acquire the best product at the most competitive price without compromising on the quality, he said. He could not offer any specific comments about the stage of evaluating the proposed equipments.

Experts such as Ratan Shrivastava, who is the practice head and director for aerospace and defence at Frost and Sullivan, say that Indias ambitions to move from un-manned surveillance to real time surveillance of its borders is what is driving the modernisation programme.
vinzsagar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinzsagar »

May i know hows many aircrafts will be participating??? Also how near can a normal visitor come near static aircraft??? :?: :?:
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Finally got the tickets
[rant]
The CII guys who are supposed to do the ticket distribution are completely inept. There is only one team of two who are covering the whole city. I mean cant they have more guys. So much for their "networking skills". They cant handle one city and ten branches of one bank.
I went to the SBI malleshwaram branch yesterday where I was informed that the ticket sale would start yesterday.
So I went at 10 am there today, I found few even more enthu people had been there since 9-9:30. The tickets didnt arrive till 11:30. One of the guys got pissed and gave a tongue lashing to the SBI guys. The manager finally got pissed and called the CII guys who arrived shortly after wards. I heard the manager saying those guys were sitting in the Chalukya hotel.
The CII guys then came and got the due tongue lashing from the same guy. There was plenty of confusion about requirement of ID for people buying tickets for other people. One guy even brought his son's school id card and its xerox. The guy who gave the tongue lashing was given the tickets first,despite few of us being there before him.
Finally the bank manger or asst. manger had the common sense to give us challans so that by the time our turn came we would have the challans filled up. They didnt think much of my IISc ID card and so i had to show my Gujarat D/L which i had got done when I was in my 11th std, and is broken in more than 4 pieces. This they gladly accepted. My SHQ's license they couldnt understand quite well and so just left it with her first name written on the ticket.
When I was about to leave the CII guy was joking to the bank guy saying you would have got tired of that guy's talk, with some smiles allround. I promptly replied "you guys cant blame him, people hae work to do and you guys made him wait for more than an hour" To that they got defensive and said they werent blaming him. They seemed to be giving excuses that all this was happening because of extra security measures, none of which seemed to be an actual reason for the delay.
I also told them they should make this online and this kind of thing was a pain. The guy from CII, I think his name was Augustine, said we were glad to take suggestions in a way that made me feel they werent ad that such suggestions arent going to be implemented.

When I got the tickets (at around 12:15 or 12:30) I heard the CII guy talking to someone in Jallahalli. He said that he will be there in another 30-45 mins, he asked if the customers could be requested to come back in an hour. I think the jallahali person replied in affirmative, so he said "excellent excellent". :evil:
Lets hope I meet this guy in the aeroshow. I think I will make it clear that this isnt India of yore and people do demand things getting done in time.
BTW the ticket has a photochopped image of IJTs.[/rant]
So I have got the 14-15th business class tickets. most probably attending on 14th :wink: :D
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

k mehtaji

I am planning to buy two tickets(for 14th, 800 waala) by asking a relative in bangalore to get them. What documents from my side would he require to buy the tickets or can I buy it onsite on 14th by showing voter-id. Feeling so :(( , I was in bangalore till monday evening.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Just a tip

Had a pleasant at SBI MG road branch

There was a CII counter for ID and address proof verification - one counter for paying and back to CII for purchase of tickets - was over in 20 mins

CII folks were very polite and explained the process

Positives : Good ID verification and every address and contact number is entered in an XL sheet
tickets have an RFID tag attached - so that big brother can locate you

Cameras and cell phones allowed - food and beverages - taboo

Negatives : well u cant fold the ticket and your name is written on the ticket and hence ID proof is needed at entry - also for my kid's ticket they wanted his school id which proved a deterrent
Last edited by krishna_j on 04 Feb 2009 16:27, edited 1 time in total.