Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
George J
BRFite

Re: Buying Quick Clot Kits For Our Jawans - A Humble Proposal

Post by George J »

For IMMEDIATE deployment:

Enabling (by paying the Delhi distributor directly for x no. of kits in INR) RR to get EXACTLY what they have been using from the same vendor is the smartest thing.

PS: Just find out if it is ACS/+ or the NSN grade.

For LONG term:

1) If it is ACS+ then its "OTC".
Z-Medica Corp. received 510(k) clearance to market QuikClot® over the counter. (Non-prescriptive) in March of 2002. The 510(k) number is k013390.
Which means its like taking back "BenGay Extra Strength Pain Balm" for my Ammachi. Only thing is that I am taking back $2600 worth of it.

If it is NSN then you need find out if it is also covered as a 510(k). Then its like giving my ammachi a pair of US Army Surplus trousers worth $3000. But I need MIL clearance to get it.

2) Do the math:
Cost of US bought products + Shipping Costs + Customs Duty if any >= $72.80* then go back to original plan.

Where am I getting $72.80? INR 3640/50.00=$72.80

PS: Am I the only person seeing the Irony of this thread? Since this thread/news started on March 29th, about 120 jingos have (till this post) have given their opinions and over 2K have read it and yet there is no QuickClot in RR hands? And we re just a bunch of individuals with PayPal/Cash and broadband internet at hand and still no QuickClot in 13 days. But we are IT-Vity/PhD/Latte Drinking NRI types......we poo pooh the babucracy and other such ineptitude cocksure that we can "make things happen" and yet no QuickClot. :twisted:
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^ GeorgeJ, unfortunately this is a first effort onlee so total time to execute will be far from optimal. Moreover, the actual effort (currently limited to taking pledges) has only begun since last 3-4 days. Ray Sir is also waiting to hear from the Army end. Sending the money to India is easy, but it will still take time making sure the recipient end is ready. Finally, since most people in this effort are distributed, communication latency is high due to mostly email and forum communication. If all things in the pipeline were setup (as hopefully it will be after 1-2 such exercises), then one can expect delivery within the timeframe that you are quoting.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

RB:
Off course it will. In the real word things take time even if funds are ready, in the jingo brain things SHOULD happen instantly (apply evenly to all things jingo). This is a perfect case study for that. Jingos will never admit to it.

RayC/other mods:
It takes till page 3 to find who the US junta is supposed to mail if they want to contribute. To make this effort more viable please use the very first post as an UPDATE post. Whatever updates you guys have should be in the first post.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Grand-child George,

You want fast? I will hand carry the things if necessary.
Will you be there to receive it? Its not related to BR Jingo's Ego.

I am coordinating donors in one small part of the world, that is all.
there is no ego bego involved.

It seems that the product name is: QuickClot ACS+
Please correct me if wrong.

I am gathering names here to maximise the number of QC purchased, and once I know logistics (thank you RayC for clarifying), $ will be collected and things will move quickly.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

pandyan,

in the long term a BR agency can directly deal with non-profit (army welfare fund) etc.
for the present mission, lets see how quickly / how many QC we can send. Even 10, 100
will make a difference.

Thanks for the email,
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Beta Kobe,
The instant patriotism observation was directed to BRF collectively. In the real world things happen only as fast as they are supposed to happen. And even a relatively simple and noble thing as QC takes time and yet jingos expect far more complex things to happen in an instant.

It takes till Page 3 to find out you are the Point of Contact. And you seem to be contradicting what RayC and Sunil have stated: The first batch will be bought from Delhi itself.

BTW, you have mail.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

George J wrote:RB:
Off course it will. In the real word things take time even if funds are ready, in the jingo brain things SHOULD happen instantly (apply evenly to all things jingo). This is a perfect case study for that. Jingos will never admit to it.

RayC/other mods:
It takes till page 3 to find who the US junta is supposed to mail if they want to contribute. To make this effort more viable please use the very first post as an UPDATE post. Whatever updates you guys have should be in the first post.
That it has taken only three pages for totally unconnected people to join in a good cause and that they have made some progress, does speak highly of their sincerity and motivation.

I don't think I have said that the first batch should be from Delhi. I feel it should be ex US (I am going to try to see how we can ensure that the consignment is not stuck because of redtapism etc) since I feel that since this item is ex import, the importer is obviously going to make a 'kill'. Saving that money would mean more QC ex US!
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

RayC:
Cost unit cost of QC ACS+ is $26 and the Mil Grade retails for $29 (and in the past 13 days no has figured out which product is being used by RR or sold by SAGAR FOSSIL FUEL TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD). If you want to ship 100 of these to India in the FASTEST way possible it will cost say $200 (guesstimate). But on the form you have to DECLARE the value of this product which will be $2600 or $2900 and that will attract a Customs Duty (unless you suggest the shipper lie and say its not worth anything). It is not red tape it is a part of international commerce.

So if you add up all these number and it comes close to $72.80 then its better/faster/easier to get it from Sagar Fossil.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

RayC wrote:
That it has taken only three pages for totally unconnected people to join in a good cause and that they have made some progress, does speak highly of their sincerity and motivation.

I don't think I have said that the first batch should be from Delhi. I feel it should be ex US (I am going to try to see how we can ensure that the consignment is not stuck because of redtapism etc) since I feel that since this item is ex import, the importer is obviously going to make a 'kill'. Saving that money would mean more QC ex US!
Ray Sir,

I may be able to get a better price in USA through my contacts at major pharma distributors. Let me know the grade of quikclot preferred by IA/RR (once you hear from your contacts), I will try to get the price.

Lot of redtepism can be bypassed, if we can hand over the consignment to some one at the embassy, say the military attache for example.

We need more pledges, it has been a good start.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

The MA issue is what was on my mind. Hence, the AHQ contact.

Persons can donate at the same time to the Indian MAs in their country for onward transshipment so that they arrive simultaneously and the desired impact and distribution is done!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

^Ok then, I will talk to the distributors and couple of retailers. I should be able to get the kits at the Average Wholesale Price at least.

Now can we have more pledges? Need to hit $5000 atleast!
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

On the face of it this MA idea is a good one. However, do our embassies have a regular transport pipeline (apart from diplomatic courier) for sending goods (in this case a medium to large sized box) to India? If we do, and the MA is able to get them kits sent as part of an official consignment (as opposed to personal effects), then we might be able to bypass the customs/babu etc. redtape and roadblocks.

SunilUpa:
QuikClot ACS+ is available OTC, however since you have contacts with pharma folks maybe it will be prudent to ask if buying large quantities of it OTC (~150-250) is subject to some scrutiny by US govt.? I am probably being too cautious here but US govt. sometimes has weird rules re.keeping tabs on what gets purchased and exported if it even has remote utility in war-like situations. We don't want to get any of our members under the scanner needlessly if they take the responsibility of taking the money collected and making a bulk purchase.
tspat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by tspat »

I just registered into the forum realizing that some of you are planning to collect money for buying kits for our Jawans. I willbe interested in contributing. Count me in.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

SunilUpa,

I am sending you mail, it will be great if you can get them at lower price.

thanks
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

Ajatshatru wrote:Bhailog, any particular member to contact for BR's based in UK/Europe?
Kobe bhai,

Please include me in the group so that I can access the g_doc.

Hi Ajatshatru,

Í am in netherlands. Mail me at

kulharia at gmail dot com

So that we can emulate the steps taken by the Kobe et al in US.
Last edited by ksmahesh on 13 Apr 2009 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

tspat wrote:I just registered into the forum realizing that some of you are planning to collect money for buying kits for our Jawans. I willbe interested in contributing. Count me in.

contact kobe.

at places223 at yahoo
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Mahesh,

invite sent

check your email.
ChandraS

Post by ChandraS »

Kobe saar - chk mail.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

Kobe sir

I have sent u a mail

I know few doctors in Massa land. I will check with them too. Our NGO has links with AMA I will check with them too
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Rampy wrote:Kobe sir

I have sent u a mail

I know few doctors in Massa land. I will check with them too. Our NGO has links with AMA I will check with them too
Rampy, i did not get any email from you,
where are you located?
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

kobe wrote: Rampy, i did not get any email from you,
where are you located?
Kobe, did you get my mail? Sent it to places223 a.t. yahoo.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

sriman,

i did not get it, you can also try places223 -at- google,

UPDATE: sriman, i got it, reply sent.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

sunilUpa wrote: Now can we have more pledges? Need to hit $5000 atleast!
Anyone out there in Aus, NZ region willing to help? Am sure there are jingos out there willing to help. :)

gaurav underscore surati2004 at yahoo dot co dot in
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

kobe wrote:
Rampy wrote:Kobe sir

I have sent u a mail

Rampy, i did not get any email from you,
where are you located?

South Carolina, I received your other email. I updated the document. My mail id ramprasad dot yamijala at gmail dot com
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

RayC sir,

We have about $5000 in pledges. Raja Bose and SunilUpa are in the loop for help.
Hope to complete the task ASAP. Thank you.

Rampy,

Thanks.
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

Kobe, I just sent you an email with my pledge amount from ameet desai at g mail dot com. Please confirm receipt and let me know the details for sending the money.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Ameet wrote:Kobe, I just sent you an email with my pledge amount from ameet desai at g mail dot com. Please confirm receipt and let me know the details for sending the money.
Ameet,

Thanks, invite sent.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Hi Kobe saab, are you collecting from people in massa land only, what about people in swadesh, who can we contact to pledge money, can i pledge it to your list
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

asbchakri wrote:Hi Kobe saab, are you collecting from people in massa land only, what about people in swadesh, who can we contact to pledge money, can i pledge it to your list
hello asbc,
original intent was to raise money in california, then it became usa, then outside of USA people were also interested and are pledging, so there is no reason why anyone can not contribute for this cause. you are more than welcome to pledge along with this group. only request is that the remittance should be in dollars.

please send me email.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

Kobe Sir, Email sent from shazari at gmail dot com
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

shynee wrote:Kobe Sir, Email sent from shazari at gmail dot com
invite has been sent, thanks
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

1) Wasn't someone supposed to check on the Delhi supplier re. what grade of QuikClot is supplied to IA? Any news on that front?

2) Ray sir, would you be able to find out just to make doubly sure before Sunil initiates queries with the suppliers? If you have already asked your contacts for that info, my apologies for asking again.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Hi kobe: Please check your mail. Message sent using my BRF id. Thanks.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

yvijay wrote:Hi kobe: Please check your mail. Message sent using my BRF id. Thanks.
hello, got your email, invite has been sent

Folks,
RayC asked if we were serious.
We will hit $7500 mark soon.

Thanks for making such rapid progress
in a span of 3 days.

But to my surprise, East Coast is beating
the West Coast. What happened to all the
BR jingoes in California? Wake up all the
It-Vity guys in silicon valley.
Pingale
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pingale »

Hi Kobe, email sent to your yahoo mail. Please confirm receipt of the same. Thanks.

I am on the west BTW. So, GO west coast! :D
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Pingale wrote:Hi Kobe, email sent to your yahoo mail. Please confirm receipt of the same. Thanks.

I am on the west BTW. So, GO west coast! :D
Reply sent, thank you!!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

kobe wrote:RayC sir,

We have about $5000 in pledges. Raja Bose and SunilUpa are in the loop for help.

Rampy,

Thanks.
Good job done.

That will mean how many kits?

Give the numbers in both, the military and the non military and a small write up as to what each can do.

I will telephone the chap and tell him about it and see what he has to say.

Could I have the info by Saturday latest?

Meeting some big wigs this Sunday for lunch and lets see what they have to say.

One of them has been our MA at Wshington.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

RayC wrote:
kobe wrote:RayC sir,

Rampy,

Thanks.
Good job done.

That will mean how many kits?

Give the numbers in both, the military and the non military and a small write up as to what each can do.

I will telephone the chap and tell him about it and see what he has to say.

Could I have the info by Saturday latest?

Meeting some big wigs this Sunday for lunch and lets see what they have to say.

One of them has been our MA at Wshington.
OK we will get you pricing on various Quikclot products.
In the meanwhile I have sent an email to gsidhu to try to reconfirm which brand and size the RR guys generally procure.

For the same size, there should be no difference in civilian or mil versions,
probably some fancy packaging to justify higher price. But we will only get the product that you guys decide on.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

kobe wrote:
asbchakri wrote:Hi Kobe saab, are you collecting from people in massa land only, what about people in swadesh, who can we contact to pledge money, can i pledge it to your list
hello asbc,
original intent was to raise money in california, then it became usa, then outside of USA people were also interested and are pledging, so there is no reason why anyone can not contribute for this cause. you are more than welcome to pledge along with this group. only request is that the remittance should be in dollars.

please send me email.

Kobe saar sent mail to your gmail id, please confirm if recieved
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

Kobe saar! sent u a mail to ur yahoo ID. please confirm receipt and reply sir.